Fight the power

Meta Holla Forums thread
Mods have to answer for themselves edition.

More transparency is needed and users need to be consulted about changes.
This thread is regarding the email field and subject field being deactivated.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/V9bJU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This is going to be locked and you'll be redirected to >>>/metav/ where no one will ever read your post.

Then we'll make a new thread.

Just saying. I've been at the wrong end of the mod stick too many times and know how this will play out.

Question; do you really care or are you just some faggot trying to play devils advocate?

I assume the answer is "no" since I don't think anybody actually used the email field for anything other than sage

We know, thats why we are deleting threads so the mods cant redirect us to the old thread.

Mark already said it's temporary. Hell, he enabled it less than 24 hours ago.

I am not scared of you faggot. What are you going to issue a permaban for demanding the mods communicate with users?

ITT butthurt newfags and namefags crying their eyes out because they can't attention whore anymore.

Mark already replied in the last thread.

He told us last week and most people told him to go for for it.

Nigger, I'm not a mod. I was commenting on previous experiences when meta issues were being discussed.

Where?

No one cares what avatarfags and attention whores think,

Go to reddit where you are free to build your own cults of personality

Yea in a thread specifically catered for the issue with a small number of anons to be who dealt with namefaggotry. A good number of the posts didn't agree with it anyway.

This is a board wide feature to fix a single general because of a small number of anons. You fucks came in last thread, this isn't the right way to deal with the problem.

Oh, cherrypicking, are we? How about you get the rest of the replies?

???

Yeah he did
HE ALSO, FORGOT TO SWITCH IDs AND GOT CAUGHT.

fuck my life why cant we go back to january 2015 Holla Forums
why god
why

I'LL EVEN PROPOSE A SOLUTION

MARK USES HIS POWER AS THE OWNER OF THE LARGEST BOARD ON Holla Forums TO GET THE FAGGOT ASS SITE DEVS TO SPLIT THE NAME FIELD, EMAIL FIELD AND SUBJECT FIELD INTO INDIVIDUAL OPTIONS, BOOM PROBLEM SOLVED.

Shiggy.

Why else would you care about having a name and distinguishing yourself from other anons?

Actually, you know what?
Just look at the other meta thread (not the ones started by you, mind you). Look at the replies.

archive.is/V9bJU
A few faggots fellating Mark isn't "mostly positive", and being polite doesn't mean you're in favor.

HOW ABOUT NO? THAT STILL DOESN'T FIX THE PROBLEM

Maybe its more about being able to do things like post email and use a tripcode.

And not being able to use a name doesn't actually stop avatarfags, since they post images. How about using some critical thinking ability instead of goading people into thinking for you?

They weren't even breaking any rules until a new rule was implemented specifically to target them

Rule 8 applied to them regardless it didn't need re-clarification for itself

Why are you doing this to me?

That thread had more users than this thread or the previous thread.

Except it didn't, not in 4 AM at least. You can't shit up a designated shitting thread or derail something that was never on track to begin with

I dont care about forced user but I am worried about quality of the board.

Mark will never be able to hear me over all of the other fags

Because you can't artificially inflate id numbers.

A dumb fuck will only listen to other dumb fucks.

And for the record, it took me literally three clicks to get a fresh id.
That's how fucking easy it is to astroturf like you have a lot of people agreeing with you.

Its honestly his worst trait. He will respond to bait over and over.
Sucks man.

I kind of like when the fractured ass is internal as opposed to gg-level web battlfields.

tears in the rain nigger
tears in the rain

pretty much. What was the fucking point of removing the separate fields from the post replies again? the email field was used for more than just saging. and now we can't even use flags either, what the hell are Mark and CodeNigger doing?

OH NO, NO FLAGS?

It can be inferred to a reasonable degree. Especially since tripfaggotry is such a niche problem to the board which you know. Under normal circumstances wouldn't require fucking up the entire board you fucking retard. This shit stinks to high heaven of being rigged.

He only came back to do another run in /svidya/

Im sad he hasn't returned again.

sorry, i'm retarded

This new email dropbox shit is fucking lame, name/tripfags were never a problem thanks to filtering. There are responsible tripcode users (ROB, drawfag knight adventure, SS13 server owner, etc) and this change only messes with them and others like them.
Also, who didn't love watching newfags fail to sage?
I suppose Holla Forums is always right, never trust a kike. I will never doubt them again.

yeah no shit

Flags were shite but almost nobody was using them anyway.
Mark will keep listening to faggots even when they admit out in the open that they're using him for lulz.

Oh so everyone who disagrees with you is fake?

Kike or not, I'm convinced this guy has a sub-90 or even sub-80 IQ. It's a miracle he can even operate a computer and a phone.

I would like it if he listened to anons who didn't shitpost

While there are good tripcode users, this isn't needed as long as you have a way for people to recognize you (ROB having his content and drawfag knight has his drawings,for example), and the attention whores way outweigh them.

Also, remember where we are.

Oh wait, flags are still here.

Ah yes, the "My opposition is a bad person so disregard their argument" argument.

No, I'm saying that an observably niche issue can fraudulently be portrayed as bigger than it is, and that critically analyzing the context surrounding the situation you can make an inference of suspicious levels of activity for an issue that virtually would have affected nobody.

You couldn't miss the point harder even if you were aiming the other way.
That was the link Mark himself gave.

how about instead

We are now bumplocked.

No one fucking cares except for namefags. Namefags are cancer and must go.

Archive, delete, remake.

Im not a namefag and I care. The janitors dont need this power to restrict us further and remove site functionality. Theres no reason for them to have this.

It was up for a while, I'm surpirsed it lasted that long. I dont get why some anons are so asshurt about that forced shit.
Of all the shit you could bittch about on the board thats the shit that sends you over the edge?
Im mad.

Its a pretty cancerous though pattern. I honestly hate that I am on the same side as these people.

Yikes. Cancer has arrived. I even proposed a solution believe it or not but its possible to hate namefags and avatarfags to care about how this issue is being handled.

People keep saying
As if to imply mark wants to make the site less functional and wants to remove more functions. Get a grip.

Precisely

You cherry picked negative responses and claimed there weren't more people who supported it.

That's what non-faggot lurkers and posters get for not being an autistic subhuman, someone with some sense should have tried as hard as they could to claim Holla Forums. But I suppose by nature that's not how things work.

alright, but now lets bring the example of SS13 admin ahead. All it takes is some guy imitating his writing style and 50% of the thread will be dedicated to lame shitposting and other assorted garbage. I haven't actually seen a tripfag here in a while, but perhaps its more concentrated on generals for shitty games. Before Holla Forums I lurked plenty of 4chan/vg/ generals for games I played and this would happen all the time. Regardless, you've now removed a perfectly good feature because you can't filter.

This whole arguement stinks of "people kill each other with guns so we should ban all guns" tier shit.

That isn't an argument.

There have been arguments in the previous threads already, and really, there should be a reasonable argument FOR lopping off board features BEFORE lopping off board features, and no A few people, WHO ARE ALREADY BREAKING THE RULES let me remind you, are breaking the rules is not an argument to remove features on the entire fucking board.

But this idea is shit tier because it's impossible to implement. It's not like you can ban all the guns. If you could, it would be a valid solution to gun violence, since there would be no guns at all.

Because we had the foresight to realize that being a BO is a ton of work and maybe we aren't cut out for it.

You have a point about the tripfag stuff though.

Banning guns creates more problems than it fixes, and are you Really defending the ban all guns argument?

Of course not, read my post again.

On a theoretical level, you are, and at the same time fail to understand why banning firearms is a terrible solution to the issue, even excluding the obvious "Well criminals wouldn't care about the law and get guns anyway" argument.

Or maybe the SS13 threads would have had less meta drama that destroyed them if they hadn't had an admin tripfag in the thread? Who knows.

If you don't understand the idea I'm trying to get across, I don't know what to tell you.

I stopped going to the thread after Reisen(?) quit so I don't know what killed it, but that's not the e-mail field's fault, its the user's. I bet a lot of us remember when Mark would post in threads using his admin trip. It was pretty cancerous, and I believe he was doing quite well when he stopped. Up until now, at least.

Thank Based Hotwheels

T-10 minutes and the thread is archived and deleted.

Of courshe. I am going to be permabanned for this, I just know it. lel

I have tons of concerns for the boards but I have no where to express them. I would be wasting my time if I posted them in this thread cause they are being ignored. It lasted so long cause the 4am thread is up.

Fucking this entire post holy shit. Its perfect. I was going to bring up the guns thing but I couldn't word it very well.

The comparison you are trying to make only serves to prove your opponents point. Yeah sure if you could literally remove every single gun in existence from existence you would have no gun deaths but that's just not how real life works, you can ban all guns, but black markets exist and illegal ways to acquire firearms such as making them still exist and you are only harming the people who legally acquire them. A sign on a door saying gunfree zone is not going to stop some one taking a gun in there, where as another gun will. You see where I am going with this? Allow me to explain. Removing the ability to use a name does not remove the ability to be identified you can just say who you are in your post, use pgp signing and signatures you are affecting peoplem who use tripcodes email field and subject field aka taking away guns only affects the legal gun owners (people who use the various info fields correctly. Not to mention that avatarfagging has to be manually reported and deleted. So black markets and illegal means of acquiring guns.

I hope this made sense, but I don't care if it didn't.