FUCKING EXPLAIN MODS

Don't just hide the fucking thread. Give us some answers. Who the fuck thought hiding the subject field in thread replies was a good idea? Nobody asked for this as a solution to the 4AM threads. Namefags can die but not at the price of ruining the fun for everybody else.

Is there a volunteer that can at least tell us we'll get a fucking answer in the morning when the King Jew wakes up?

Other urls found in this thread:

8ch.net/log.php?page=1&board=v
archive.is/ZJPGT#selection-1977.501-1977.581
archive.is/ZJPGT#selection-1979.502-1979.581
web.archive.org/web/20160817060502/http://8ch.net/v/res/10413712.html
archive.is/CBy9S
archive.is/V9bJU
archive.is/V9bJU#selection-12783.0-12783.163
archive.is/V9bJU#selection-10725.0-10725.153
archive.is/V9bJU#selection-10347.0-10375.93
8ch.net/v/rules.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This is the last gasp of the avatarfags who wanted to tripfag instead after the 20th, huh?

Kill your self, you should not remove features cause you are too lazy to moderate, cuck.

Seriously, we need to fucking talk about this shit, I'm not fucking okay with the playing favorites, or the cutting of features.

You quit your identity politics bullshit

Check my bumplock.

where did all the boards go?

I'm sick of their shit to. But this is a lazy method to fix it.

Who needs subject boxes anyways?

And if you faggots won't answer the contact emails.
You need to fucking come out of the treefort and fucking explain yourself.

Soon not yet, feel free to monitor for your self 8ch.net/log.php?page=1&board=v

Of fucking course not. Why would the mods do their fucking jobs.

Yep, seeing these pathetic manchildren go apeshit because they're going to have to make interesting posts on their own merit is just delicious.

oh vey shut it down!

This feels coordinated. Are you all from an IRC somewhere?

OK, Mark, we know you saw this
Are you going to start fucking explaining yourself? Or are you going to blame this on someone else and bury the thread.

They have a use just cause you don't use it doesn't mean it should exist, I use it all the time. Lurk more.

=REST IN PEPPERONI NAMEFAGS!==

Are you deliberately or just plain retarded?

YOUR DAY OF THE ROPE IS COMING, NIGGERS!

It's ok, Ritsu, you can still make posts about how you manipulated 100$ out of your parents so you could buy figurines. You just can't do it with your avatar anymore, which means you will more than likely be (rightfully) ignored.

No, but I'm surprised this many people care about the subject field in thread replies
What do you even use it for?

The old thread got hidden so we decided to delete that one and make this one to continue the discussion. If it gets hidden again we;ll keep shitposting in here and then make a new thread in the morning when Mark the Kike is away.

Also don't respond to faggots saying this is just rage from namefags. I'm sick of them as well but the mods are trying to fix a website issue when this is a community issue.

Not Ritsu but there's literally nothing wrong with what he did.

It's not about the subject field in thread replies. It's about the principle of the thing.

shut up ritsu

Just banning the 4am threads and banning people who use trips for social and not for identifying people across threads or devs would have been enough, not stripping the whole feature away.

let me type my sage in you nigger

Quit pretending anybody who objects to several post fields being disabled outside of the catalog/page 1 or anybody complaining about it having their thread bumplocked is an asshurt 4 AM thread poster.

The principle is what? You can't remove ANYTHING despite it having barely any use?

IT
FEELS
GOOD

What principle? What thing? The fact you get to fabricate an outrage over nothing every time something changes?

Getting rid of the subject and email field was a dumb move but you can voice your complaints better than making 20 threads and throwing poo everywhere, you fucking monkey.

JUST READ IT, NIGGERS!
archive.is/ZJPGT#selection-1977.501-1977.581

poo in the loo

Anything to avoid actually banning anybody

"The principle of the thing" probably being there was no fucking announcement and mods are bumplocking any thread that has to do with it

archive.is/ZJPGT#selection-1979.502-1979.581

Most people not using something is not a reason to remove something. Most people aren't electricians should we ban electrician's tools? Fucking no.

You're a special kind of stupid, aren't you.

Mark disabling several board features just because of one guy, who isn't doing Bui-level spamming or anything of similar import, is fucking stupid and everyone here knows it

Also thread is now bumplocked.

The subject field was an excellent opportunity for high-grade shitposting, one that users intuitively used rarely and for great effect. Likewise, I will go absolutely apocalyptic if I must now choose manually to sage in every post, as per usual, especially as I can now no longer autistically obsess over typing it in every time.

BRING BACK SUBJECT FIELD YOU GAY NIGGER CUCKS.

It is a stupid move and we've only has 2 threads about it and 1 got hidden. My main problem is that it's restriction to options to solve a temporary problem that could have been solved through moderation.

Also
Guess we'll have to make another one in the morning. Nobody make another one. Just let this one sit for a while till it reaches page 10 or so. I don't want faggots spamming shit everywhere.

Its like they WANT people to find them and beat them.

Sure, but it's about the PRINCIPLE you know, there shouldn't be any attention whores on an anonymous imageboard.

i only visited two 4 am threads but they were both comfy as fuck
i don't know exactly who ritsu is, but i would let him fuck my feminine ass tbqh familia

This is amazing. It truly is. Having to defend anonymity on an anonymous imageboard.

Surely this is unrelated to this thread, and I'm sure once the 4 am thread rolls around we won't find the avatarfags (who definitely aren't in this thread) whining about these new changes. :^)
based mods

Holla Forums culture was the worst excuse to not ban off-topic things ever, it's a retarded trump card that should really have no real weight when shit is hitting the fan.

Identity is important in the case of devs and keeping track of someone that actually has something important to say in a series of threads, such as a dev.

Can we just ban 4am threads, at this point they add nothing to this board but avatar fags who think they are in control, ban those threads and tell them to make a 4am board.

No, it's all a big coincidence, you see. Even though there was a thread about it already. It's even in the catalog, mind you. Not the one they started before this either. People were responding positively.

Now looky here. It's around their time zone and suddenly all these people want the fields back so they can tripfag. What a coincidence.

>Penalizing everyone instead of merely the people abusing it and actually breaking the rules.
And again

>>>/4am/ It's dead because they refuse to touch it.

They don't check the contact email, they don't check the 3 fucking meta boards and they bumplock the fucking meta thread as per a rule that essentially protects them from all criticism.

They dont have to answer to you shitlord (^:

Project harder you pathetic little shit. Shouldnt you be on cuckchan or reddit? I mean you would fit right in both of those site regularly argue for game and other things to be dumbed down and casualized, thats what you are arguing except for in the case of an imageboard. I hate trip/namefags as much as the next guy but tripcode and name are a small price to pay for the ability to use the email field and subject field.

We discussed it in the other thread web.archive.org/web/20160817060502/http://8ch.net/v/res/10413712.html also there is no where to discuss meta issues.

This.

I use it all the time. Its useful for keeping track of long posts making the subject something like "Part 1 of 5" because there is a text limit. There are other uses but I cant think of any off the top of my head, it should not be removed cause the mods are too lazy to moderate.

Technically it wasn't hidden, it was bump locked look at the board log to see the format 8ch.net/log.php?page=1&board=v the ip address was hidden.

It has uses but this too. Features should not be disabled cause the mods are too fucking lazy to do their job.

Well then we will make them an offer they can't refuse.

If they posted on /4am/ it wouldn't be a dead board.

why not bumplock 4am threads?

What do info fields have to do with avatarfagging? Why not disable the image field too?
Oh shit, I used another Arino pic. I'm gonna get banned now, ain't I?

dubs

I'm saging out of principle of the thing.

Attentionwhores aren't a temporary problem. I agree that moderation would solve it, but mods aren't going to step in unless it's rampant shitposting.

Why not remove them outright instead? they aren't video games, they aren't even a video game related general.

I personally can't wait for generals to go too, but I don't expect that to happen for a long while.

No user don't you see! If we cut off our legs the people kicking us in the shins won't be able to!

GIVE US A STATEMENT YOU FAGGOT

I miss noko/nokosage

ALL YOU HAD TO DO WAS IGNORE THEM
BUT NO
WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS
SO LET'S JUST KILL THE BOARD
FUCK YOU MARK YOU POWERTRIPPING FAGGOT KILL YOUSRELF

markpocalypse has landed

For bloody fuck's sake

It's because noko/nokosage were used during a time when imageboards weren't shit.

Are we making a new thread my hot headed chaotic savages?

He's awake, why the fuck not

Go for it, Mark actively avoiding giving an answer on it is some bullshit.

I said no prior to wait till Mark was up but since he IS up we can do just that. I'll delete this thread if you guys are game. Somebody archive it first though.

Why is everyone getting worked up over not having the subject/name fields?

Doesn't really seem like a big deal, IDs per thread are still enabled.

archive.is/CBy9S

We've been over this. Disuse is not an excuse for removing a feature.

Trips still hold value on occassion, names still hold value on occassion.

Because the current suspicion is the forced-user option (which disables all those fields and renders e-mail just a dropdown list for sage or normal posting) was put on sheerly so nobody had to do any actual moderation of 4AM threads

Just nuke 4AM.

We tested this a week earlier and the reaction was mostly positive. archive.is/V9bJU

Now I'm trying it for a longer time. Unfortunately, when you use forced anonymous, it's not possible to just disable one field. Subject, Name, and Email field go away. To do it differently, Codemonkey would have to make it a feature. Right now, it's what I can work with.

Archiving. Its been an honor shit posting with you anons.

Fag.

Why not just ban the people abusing it rather than taking it away?

HOW ABOUT YOU JUST FUCKING MODERATE INSTEAD OF WHACKING EVERYONE WITH THE FUCKSTICK?

My guess is because they want the option to attention whore.

Most people welcome this change though.

You best not have disabled this thanks to 4am, just ban 4am, you were right the first time.

Checked, thanks for answering.

Shut the fuck up you Jew. You planned this all along. I KNOW it was mods who spammed 4AM because those guys didn't get banned for spam. You're just salty everyone made fun of your shitty waifu in 4AM.

Just ban the 4am threads and anyone abusing them wrongly instead of sitting back in your recliner and playing video games all day.

You have time to bumplock this thread and discuss, you can spend a minute purging 4am threads too.

I really like the namefag asshurt ITT.

A penalty doesn't stop being a penalty just because you like it.

Probably because you weren't stirring up shit a week ago you huge kike.
Nice wasted dub dubs. Please go deep-sea diving in a vat of drain cleaner.

Namefags / tripfags are squirming in anger. Keep it up.

Give a stickied notice for this kind of thing so you don't get an angry mob next time

You're trying to solve a user problem with a tech fix.
Do your fucking job instead of gutting the board.

Keep doin what you do, Mark. Angry avatarfags/tripfags is always a plus.

Seems like a silly thing to get mad over, maybe its because I'm not that autistic.

Could understand if we didn't have IDs enabled.

Calling me autistic is not a valid reason for removing board features.

Hey Mark, heard you changed rule 8 the other day to include "excessive" avatarfagging. Is the rabbit rabbit thread still gonna be fine, since it's once a month? Figured I'd ask now rather than wait for people to spam reports.

Just ban 4am.

Seeing you angry however, is a great reason, avatarfag-kun.

You're retarded.

How the fuck is banning a whole thread better, that would be worse.

No one gets banned with this, no butthurt name or tripfag gets to spam the board and shit up threads, instead they just outright can't do it. It's much better.

PROOF MARK IS A FUCKING HYPOCRITE
HE HAS AN AGENDA AGAINST 4AM BECAUSE EVERYONE HATES HIS SHITTY JEWISH WAIFU

Cause him and his shitty mods are lazy. He could also use his power as the largest board board owner to get the site devs to fucking implement individual info field (name, email and subject) to be completely independent of each other caused when this feature was first implemented and I personally asked that they make each of theres independent I got no response cause as usual everyone was sucking hotwheels faggot dick.

I can see why the change is good, because IDs eliminate the purpose of tripfagging/namefagging/avatarfagging

But I don't see how its going to fix 4AM

No, you disgusting faggot. Kill yourself.

I CAN'T FUCKING MANUALLY TYPE SAGE INTO MY EMAIL FIELD

archive.is/V9bJU#selection-12783.0-12783.163
archive.is/V9bJU#selection-10725.0-10725.153
archive.is/V9bJU#selection-10347.0-10375.93

>Strip board features that can no longer be used in any of the other threads on the 15 pages of this board by any of the users, not breaking the rules
GEE GOLLY, I CAN'T POSSIBLY SEEM TO SEE WHY ONE OF THESE IS WORSE!

Jesus fucking christ. We have gone full terminal havent we?

Trips were used because early imageboards didn't have IDs.
Since we have IDs, I don't really see a point in them anymore. Its a vestigial feature.

The salt from both sides is impressive. Keep up the good work you fags.

IDs are only per thread, not across the whole board at all times. There are cases where identification between threads can be useful.

And here's the one fag here for cummies, I mean salt :^)

Which cases, specifically?

You seem like the most cancerous person here m8. Nice ironic shitposting.

IDs are per thread retard. Are you suggesting we have persistent IDs through multiple threads?

For people like OHB who kept coming back to give updates.

Devs visiting.
Happenings.
Potential cases like archive.is/V9bJU#selection-10347.0-10375.93

You're an idiot.

for an OP of a group of threads
for a Q&A
for content creators who want to identify themselves between threads such as perhaps an AGDG.

How many of the devs that came here managed to use a trip? They couldn't even post properly.
The only dev that did use was Yandere-dev and look how that turned out.

The only time I really see them useful is for devs, artfags and things like that, but even then it's easy to find other ways to get identification.

OH LOOKY WHAT I FOUND.
Mark you wouldn't happen to be acting irresponsible with owner status again. ARE YOU?

Recurring OPs like Superbus and ROB

You mean something that happened that didn't actually involve his use of a trip?

IIRC Yoko Taro and Kamiya used trips.

Whats the point of not ironic shit posting, this board is terminal cancer, read through some of the replies to the tyrannical kike and its pretty much exactly what I said.

I'm double fucking your threads every time I see them now. I'll gladly bear any amount of ban to eliminate you in a double suicide. Fuck you, you colossal piece of human trash.

I declare vendetta.

So, you rather have a rule against namefagging, avatarfagging, and the improper use of tripcodes instead?

Yoko Taro did not use a trip.
Kamiya did use a trip, but that was back then on a board with no IDs.

Superbus is long gone and ROB can still create his threads because his filenames are very distinctive.

Leaks.
Devs.
Ops of threads where Holla Forums decides things like "Holla Forums plays", "mosaic threads" "that stupid hunger games thing"

That can all be done anonymously. You really don't need to use a name for that.

>But because Mark has a hateboner for one fucking user
Jesus H. Christ on a Pogo Stick
Is this real life?
Is this actually the reality that we're living in?

Or threads with consistent multiplayer for identification of the Host.

Good eye.

Namefags are cancer. Keep it on.

How is this not happening?

wait, we're still allowed to avatarfag, right?

Yeah man.
Nobody uses names in any thread unless they have an intense desire to garner fucktons of attention.
Nobody would ever use a name for any other reason other than that.
Like Superbus.
Or ROB.
Or American McGee.
Yeah.
That sounds about right.

Modern liberal dogma states that we are all equal. Therefore, we are all Ritsu and all deserving of equal punishment.

As long as there's images there's nothing stopping you.
What are you going to do? Ban images next?

8ch.net/v/rules.html

And this is how the board ends. Not with a bang, but with these trips

delete the whole board, do it for le salt xdddd

Welcome to hell Satan.

They already have their own board, but none of them want to use it because "posts will stay up longer" or "they don't have anything to add to the board" despite having a fuckload of offsite rooms.

I'm still smug as fuck that the initial bans even took place, and that none of the new wave took it seriously when I said I'd get all of them banned.

Because that happened in the 4am threads.

You mean Superbus, whose threads haven't been made in well over a year and a half?
Or ROB who fucked off for a whole year?
Or American McGee who has a Twitter account to tweet his ID?

When Mark tried putting this on for the first time a week ago it had nothing to do with 4am. And because the thread about it was made in a less cancerous time zone almost everyone supported it, as opposed to all the crying now.

Avatarfags are worse than tripfags. At least you can filter tripfags, and if they get banned it's easy to find them when they pop their heads up again. That can't be said about avatarfags. I say ban them on sight. No mercy for those faggots.

Forced user mode doesn't really help this situation at all but I'm okay with keeping it up for a few days just to drive the 4AM faggots nuts. I would like it to return eventually, though.

The hell are 4am threads about anyways?

They do so why can't they go their instead and leave us alone.

LURK MOAR FAGGOT
This is the shit that killed imageboards.

Because it's Holla Forums culture to have the threads and for some, their life revolve around the threads.

you do realize
is me saying everybody except avatarfags get punished, right?

here we outline the group that suffers, in this case nobody
EXCEPT(!!!) these are the people who are suffering
this clarifies that the everybody is the everybody who aren't supposed to be punished by the rule

jesus christ how do you explain basic grammar? this isn't hard to understand

no but it only applies on the 20th, yeah

Mods already confirmed they can ban you for a single image if its used by an avatarfag

Is anyway surprised at this point.

Because they insist on leeching off Holla Forums. They're attention whores, they want an audience that has to read their cancer. They actually think they're the best posters on the board for that matter.

wait, american mcgee fucking posted here? what the fuck?
redpill me on this meme

Okay.
I guess /agdg/ should split off into its own board too.
Punishing the entire board over one fucking user is as good of a justification as any.

circle jerk of waifufags who avatarfag all thread long because their life is extra pathetic.

But there's no need to have it hosted here, they can fuck off, I want the option of posting with a name or a trip, even though the only time I posted with a name was as a joke implying I was shilling.

The only use for those fields is for attentionwhoring, either for the sake of attentionwhoring or for the sake of getting credit for some event, server, filesharing effort. Again, attentionwhoring.

You're fucking cancer.

If someone leaks something with some credibility behind it it is incredibly important that that user has some protection against coppiers and shitposter who desire to destroy that credibility, something to verify his consistent identity across threads, if you werent a newfag you would know that is literally the intended purpose of a tripcode. A short term identifier that should only be used for a few threads, to verify that the person who is making the thread is who they say they are. Many credible leaks have used tripcodes, that being said I despise namefags, tripfags and avatarfags. I agree no name field is needed but there is no tripcode field, which ultimately would only spawn more cancer.

This as well.

as someone who visited two (2) 4 am threads i have to say avatarfags are comfy as hell

It was a bigger bang than what I was expecting.

We can't have that goy, the threads belong on Holla Forums! Even the shit parts of a culture should be kept!

That doesn't sound any different from the waifu threads, which doesn't explain all the butthurt and board changes.

Would you rather have a new rules solely to deal with avatarfags, tripfags and namefags, then?

What did you expect you absolute madman? This entire thing has been hilarious.

They can go too, it's probably the same users.

Yes you fucking retard, where the fuck have you been? Unfortunately that would require the lazy mods actually do their job, and we all know how likely that is.

Is there even a reason to use this site at this point?

Because it's not like there are reasons other than seeking attention already laid out in this thread. How funny would that be?

fuck you

I don't know what I expected, but it wasn't this.

Do you even know ROB would get reported in an instant if that rule was enacted?

Keep up the good work you shit stirrer.

I don't think there's much left to stir.

It's ironic that you're the biggest attentionwhore of them all.

You got close. I am very intoxicated and I am not taking this very seriously cause the mods are not taking this very seriously. We are simply toys for them to play with and ignore 90% of the time.

Don't worry, I saved it faggot.

I'm just gloating over the fact that I told the avatarfags I'd get them kicked out over 6 months ago.

Congratulations!
Maybe next time, do it without fucking up the board!

You did, but at what cost?

No_

Don't worry, Mark doesn't have a spine so he'll probably go back on it if you push hard enough.

Teach me your methods. I would like to eliminate some posters from this board as well.

as a newfag to 4 am generals, i feel them having their own board is a great change because now i don't have to wait until 10 fucking pm for avatarfag circlejerks

Kill yourself

Just frame posts they make in a way that'll upset enough of a population to get them banned.

Don't forget the IRC, the Discord, the Cytube, the Steam groups, the Mumble, and the skype calls!

Ritsu did nothing wrong. Its you guys just jealous you didn't think of it yourself. As always, jealous of someone else success.

Fuck off, Huey, you are just as bad if not worse since you constantly have to tell people who you are.

Because this stops them from posting on Holla Forums, because this prevents them from using Metadata to tripfag even with tripcodes disabled.

you're right

GIVE ME BACK MY POST FORM YOU OVEN DODGING FUCK

This.

Try forcing a meme for 6 months and find the low-IQ people who parrot it, then get them to overwhelm the original population then subvert the original concept.

Or just wait a few months. Holla Forums will be dead anyways soon enough.

I didn't do anything wrong!

I haven't actually posted in the threads for quite a while now.