No man's spoilers - "13 layers of hell" edition

archive.is/fjrZM
Some user is making his way to the center of the universe in No man's sky to find the "True" ending for a salt party.
The only catch is he has to do it
13 times.
hitbox.tv/Yufuluo

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/Ssgjr
hitbox.tv/Yufuluo
mega.nz/#!Lg8GzTDS!S1L5A7Xff-fhJMvtE9Mrb0m4vsgbdxIBGrbDNEr26W4\
steamdb.info/app/275850/graphs/
archive.is/n1nny
reddit.com/r/NoMansSkyTheGame/comments/4y4i3a/wheres_the_nms_we_were_sold_on_front_page/?st=irywybgs&sh=5d062b7d
twitter.com/Britbongreturns/status/765190830894317568
twitter.com/Britbongreturns/status/765898933692489729
pastebin.com/VK6Lr7BN
gist.github.com/gitFurious/cff8a09f244d7c880e8554b2f0b4efa5
youtube.com/watch?v=C0QvFTHR7rM
please
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It would've be cool if those galaxies were actually different - you know following funamentally different physics and rules of nature.

Metal open world cuhrayzee slasher when?
Without shitty ball puzzles that is.

Wait, are you seriously trying to see if there is even an end to NMS?

Let it go, already. It’s not even a game. Space Engine has more gameplay and purpose.

prototype?
although it's not really churayzee, it's even lighter than mgr and god hand but you can throw a whole helicopter

We finally made it to our second atlas interface

For some reason this one is a black hole, the other one was a red crystal

really?

The game has such a flat color scheme. I think this low quality adds a bit of character.

Someone datamined the game files and it's suggested there are 13 established galaxies.

how ironic

also can someone tell the user streaming this game to get more inventory slots, them to go to the (((shelters))) and unload some wad

If you compare the trailer to the game the colors are a lot more "off"
a good analogy was that the colors from the trailer vs the game was like a object actually being orange vs a color with an orange filter

You're just as bad as the fanboys, there is no true ending, stop shilling this crap, it's a shit game

NO FUN ALLOWED
THIS IS A SERIOUS BOARD

We're to the 3rd interface, and it's a giant eye.
But the visual difference doesn't affect gameplay for some reason.

If i'm right and we only need to visit 10 per galaxy, we've only got around 127 left to go

Keep the eurobeat going. As long as you can multi-engine drift you'll make it.

how about all the other quintillions of galaxies?

We're at our fourth atlas interface, and the beat keeps going.
Now it's some shitty shattered orb.

Atlas interface 5 - Looks like someone's been playigng too much metal gear

can someone explain the stream to someone who hasn't played no man's sky?

Is this the biggest grind in a video game?
You need to grind in order to grind.

This shit looks so abstract and stupid, like some shitty openGL assignment.
It's like if you could move around in Myst without the art.

Did it make a lot of money from preorders/week one sales? Can Disney sue claiming they appropriated some starship designs from starwars?

It's a bigger grind than Warframe, and that game is literally grind

We have to go to these space station to get orbs so we cna go to each galaxy and finally the last galaxy so we spoil it for everyone

There are 13 Galaxies
the streamer user is trying to reach to the 13th galaxy and trigger the ending once more but this time it might show the true ending.

black holes don't kill in this game

As many people predicted, I also believe at the end of the 13th Galaxy is….

EARTH! BUT OLD

OR CURRENT
BUT YOU CAN'T LAND ON IT.

so you using cheat engine or something to speed the grinding shit up

Yes but even then it's a grind

Come on, you don't think it's Peter Molyneux?

You get to the end, get a 30 second clip of your ship zooming toward present day earth with messages telling you to live your life and then it bricks your playstation.

ib4 "We didn't patch in ending yet because we didn't make it through the embedded procedural grind we deliberately slapped in. Wow! You guys are amazing!"

didn't think* fug

didn't think people would**
duble fug

The problem with this plan is that no one is going to care about this game by that point.

You can move around in the remasters of Myst though and the art just becomes a Dear Esher with puzzles.

Nice double, dude.

I suppose you can trigger SOME autists with the end spoilers.

ribb

Heard this was confirmed fake.

Are you sure? There were heaps of people posting their own copies looking like that

I'm not sure, hence why I said >Heard

Utter bullshit, you fucking kike shill.

I know, right?

That's because there is none. You guys are wasting your time, as well as inadvertently or not? shilling this game.

That reminds me of the that bullshit puzzle right at the end of Star Trek TNG A Final Unity, youre given a coordinate to the final location, but you have to do some crazy math and game mechanics that have never been needed before in the game, else you warp to a Black Hole and a lolfuckyou game over

archive.is/Ssgjr

GUYS, ENDING HAS BEEN LEAKED.

What do you expect, though?
Face it, a lot of people on Holla Forums have shit taste.

9/10 You actually got me.

Spore had an ending? Did anyone actually reach that far?

Fallout 4 was bad, but nuDoom isn't as bad as fags on Holla Forums are making it out to be.
Sure it isn't oldDoom, but it's still good for current day. It isn't worth $60 I wish I waited for the crack to ineviablty be released but most definetely worth like $40.
The multiplayer is shit, don't bother with it.

I did, it was easy as fuck.

It still hurts thinking about it. All that disappointment and then a kick in the dick for an ending.

Well, after hours of technical difficulty, we finally made it to the next atlas interface.
It's a black hole.

if you just want a fast ending, try using cheat engine to make infinite shitty cells to fuel your warp forever.

That's what we're doing, but the game also requires achievements to finish.

In-game or Steam achievements?

well that fucking sucks

why does the game keep freezing? is it just OP's computer?

We found how to bypass it

No, he keeps clicking out of the game which freezes it.
WHen the blue bar pops up at the bottom of the screen that's when you know he clicked out

this game is a shitty unoptmized mess, if OPs computer was trash or good, we wouldn't notice the difference.

Sure, buddy. Becuase if it's only "ironically" it makes it alright?
This would be an excellent time for the pic of the Holla Forums steam group, where a large group of anons were "ironically" playing Toddout4. Unfortunately, I don't have that pic.

Aye, but they still come here. Do they not?

Well, we're getting there.
We found an exploit around the atlasses

The fact it's a singleplayer game turns it into an abstract philosophical puzzle. At what point does a sane player give up? I'd argue within the first few hours, but even with the autistic players who after a few galaxies of the same shit wouldn't just turn on trainers to speed up the process?

Dev-fag here

It hasn't worked like that since like the early 2000s. Almost every game renders cutscenes in-engine, which means that the ending would be part of the game's code itself.

RENDERED IN PROCEDURALLY REAL TIME!

I think more people would be interested in what's in the center of the universe than be salty about it being "spoiled".

It's a secret club, you fucking cunt.

Stream isn't loading at all for me, any quick fixes for this?

Is this normal?

What browser?

Pale moon

Oh, I figured that. It'll be broke on Pale Moon until 27 or after.

Use another browser for Hitbox in the meantime. Might be able to stream to something like VLC like with Twitch as well, dunno.

That sucks, oh well

You could use livestreamer, then you can run the stream through VLC or something. Just not going to work with Pale Moon right now

It was obvious trumped up bullshit since it was first shown at E3. Can only hope it creates a fresh batch of cynics to beat the normalfaggotry out of.

use livestreamer
livestreamer hitbox.tv/Yufuluo best

So it's still utter shit.

Why would you ever watch another faggot play an extremely fagged out game?

Congratulations on deep throating bait, you fucking salad tossing nigger chaser.

why is the streamer flying towards the galactic core in the map?
can he really just jump that far?

Wasn't MGSV's Nuclear Disarmament cutscene also done in real time? How come that ending was only discovered through data mining then?

I hope someone will be recording this shit when we hit the final galaxy.

I think it's bugged

Poetry.

MGSV uses easily exposed scripts for a lot of junk (why it's so easy to keep Quiet), cutscenes might be scripted in the same manner.

there's never been a time when the server have had no nuke on them for it to activate

here's the last count

Tell me more, Black Science Man.

now I'm going to be upset if the stream fucks up.

Even using cheats, watching a person reach the end of NMS takes forever and is fucking boring.

So where is the guy at currently?

yeah, can we turn the game volume down a bit?

Starting HHGTG audiobooks? Damn and I was just about to head to bed. Stream music > shit game.

This droning tone has me thinking about all the possible space shit cooler than what these indie artists thought up.
Cthulhu space god made of sound.
Planets with a time limit before gas giant eats them.
Spaceships made of compressed gas or liquid instead of metal and fuel.

Who'd you swipe those sick digits from, negroid? If it was someone watching someone play this spacewalk simulator, it's okay.

Nigger, please. Don't you have anything else to do?

Yellow barf Superbeat: XONiC graphic on galaxy warp starts to get old real fast

Something that I was thinking about for how NMS could have actually been good was a) if it actually had multiplayer. That would be a good start. But then b) the center of the galaxy, instead of just being a reset button that you fly to, marks the proximity of where the very best resources are. With multiplayer, these planets would then be lucrative to visit and thus cause multiplayer interactions as most players will be at the center.

And then, without anyone realising, the center starts expanding. It slowly consumes all of the nearby planets - anyone that logs out in an area that is then consumed by the center will log back in as if they had reached the center in the current iteration - thrown back out to the further ends of the galaxy, everything broken, but otherwise keeping their upgrades.

Suddenly, it's not enough for factions to just control the center of the galaxy. They have to control the center and also be able to move outwards as the center expands. As time goes on, the center expands more quickly, until eventually being anywhere in the proximity of getting the top tier resources puts you at a danger zone - you only have a few minutes to get in, grab resources, then get out. Eventually, the center of the galaxy consumes the entire game and then promptly deletes it from the Internet because honestly nothing could save this pile of shit.

How many times has he been to the center now?

I believe you're meant to leave the game to your children, so they can continue your quest to the center after your rl death.
How long would it take to do a legit full run ?

None yet, still in Euclid.

long enough to be fucking stupid to do

What if you could never reach the center of the galaxy, or what if Sean intended reaching it to take 5 years of game time?

What in the actual fuck?
Even EYE's 4 replays were too much and that game had actual fun gameplay, but 13?

I'd say around 48 hours

HOLY FUCK WE'RE ALMOST THERE

Actually there's a way to get 2 gates in one run.
So 2 replays + the true ending map.

WHY IS IT ALL GOING BACKWARDS
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Well, the average gamer would probably take about 50 hours to reach the center of the first galaxy (and in that time max out pretty much everything if they weren't completely lollygagging around). Worst case scenario, that's 650 hours, so in terms of an MMO it would be only about two good months of steady play.

But since you're not starting completely over whenever you reach the center, and there's really not much else to do but go towards the center, after leaving the Euclid Galaxy each galaxy will basically look like this:

1. Farm resources to repair everything. With a good stockpile of money beforehand, this won't take long.
2. Farm resources to make a bazillion Warp Cells. This will take long because the game is shit.
3. Jump through Black Holes for an hour or two.
4. Goto 2.

I would estimate for an average player this process would be about 15 hours per Galaxy, but could be significantly reduced if the player is smart and stockpiles resources before making the Galaxy Jump to cut down on Step 1.

I would say about 230 hours to go through all 13 galaxies for average players.

JEWISH TRICKS

Anyone see anything in this so far that makes them go wow I gotta play that? I don't get the hype I mean there's nothing fun about this

No it's still good.

They knew their game had no replay value, so they stacked multiple runs into one and put the true ending on the end as bait.

when i played nms, everything around me implyed to me to kill myself.

The animals acted as if they had braincancer and they had this very sad and strange behavior.

I saw spaceships but every spacestation was empty, only one sad bot was still there, doing nothing. Overall, it seems that only one species could evolved since there where always the same buildings on every planet. And again, they all where empty.

was the univers dead? Had humanity braincancer too and didn't survive? It is like as if there was a very bad experiment goen wrong and now you are the last human ina very depressive univers, surrounded by degenerated animals with braincancer who want to kill themself.

what the game told me was, the only solution to this is to kill myself. I tried it, over and over again. I wanted to crash my ship, but the autopilot didn't let me. I used my rocketsuit to fall to the ground. But the shield of my suit always recoverd fast enough to not let this happen. I attacked those big space ships but i simply respawned on another very deperssive planet. I relize, i can't die, as long as i try it in the game.

They do move in herds!

Ship looks like a big jewish nose.

It says in the Stream "Hilbert Dimension" isn't that the 2nd galaxy?

Let's be real, though.

"Average players" would be unlikely to beat the game once, let alone have the patience to repeat it.

>hitbox.tv/Yufuluo
why is the stream so shitty?

The stream might not be the issue. NMS has a ton of performance issues.

For anyone who wasn't there, when you get to the center of a galaxy, the screen zooms out of the galaxy you just went through only to shit you out into another. Just like the start. Another crash, another suit system reboot, repair all of your now broken ship tech and do it all over again.

For the love of fuck, Do. Not. Buy. There isn't anything here.

Because the game is so shitty

no , i mean the stream. It is not loading

Do you use Pale Moon? It won't support Hitbox until PM27 is released.

Well the stream just went down so nevermind

mega.nz/#!Lg8GzTDS!S1L5A7Xff-fhJMvtE9Mrb0m4vsgbdxIBGrbDNEr26W4\

That's my save. You fucking faggots better complete this.

we need a streamer! which faggot is going to do it?

It just werks

Not it.
Gotta sleep fast.

wew, finally. Now I can finally rest…

WHICH FAGGOT WILL TAKE UP THE TORCH

nobody?

COME ON FAGS
WE NEED SOMEONE TO STREAM THIS SHIT AND LISTEN TO COMFY HITCHHIKERS GUIDE TO THE GALAXY

Would do it but the game doesn't want to run on my shitheap.

I'm really getting this feeling.

The reason this thread exists is to keep you guys talking about this piece of shit of a game and get curious and care about it.

There's no fucking way anyone would play a game this boring enough to reach the center 13 times, you'll be the only one among a handful of people who will ever do that. It's not even going to be a spoiler, you're doing the community a service.

Also how do we even know there's 13 galaxies besides she said he said there might be?

It probably just loops back to the first anyway.

I'd love to, except i don't have the game, i've never streamed before, and also i don't really give a shit.

You underestimate the power of autism, my neurotypical friend.

People played Mario 64 enough times to get to parallel worlds so it's not surprising. Considering the amount of shit people get obsessed over, this is pretty reasonable.

Also, considering the amount of media hype surrounding this game, I'm fairly certain the first dude to reach the 13th galaxy and a potential game ending will see his name thrown around on every major site pertaining to video games. Hell, even on normal media websites there's been articles about that dude that caught all the pokemans in Go.

KamPING AS usual I see?

Can't you just use Cheat Engine to farm everything you need for the cells?

Yes but it's still some 20 minutes of panning to the center of the galaxy. 13 times.

And ruin the storytelling?

Then why didn't streamers use it? Don't tell me they're playing the game unironically.

Would Cheat Engine's speedhack help for this?

Most of them hate it but it's a cash cow for them because everyone likes looking at the latest shiny new game, especially for the females.

Keep in mind when I said 20 minutes, I'm also making the assumption that if you're cheating in the Warp Cells, you're cheating in the ability to warp infinite distances. The actual flight time without modifying base warping capabilities is about 4 hours depending on your luck with black holes.

nigga not even a computer built by Jesus Christ hisself praise the holy spirit could get 20 fps in this game

Speedhack would probably crash the motherfucker instantly

thus the name no mans sky

do you know whats in the middle of galaxy 13? its anita

How are people having framerate issues?

I had mostly 60fps all the time even though I played at nearly maxed settings at QHD resolution. The problem was in the form of short dips where the screen lags out for a very brief moment.

steamdb.info/app/275850/graphs/ dam son

I had no framerate issues, and I played it with wine.

lol

And it's only out for 4 days

How could they fuck this game up so much?

I pirated it to see how shit it is. You cannot fly your ship below a certain altitude. Which means you cannot land with precision. I found an NPC ship flying around and started a dogfight, it flew below my minimum altitude and i couldnt shoot at it.

I knew the game would be shit. No multiplayer, everything really samey and generic, etc. But flying the ship feels crap. How do you make a game where all you do is shoot rocks and fly a spaceship and make flying tedious and shitty?

I think the worst part is you can't even look down when you're close to the surface and the controls are absolute shit in general.

I saw a landed space ship but accidentally sped over it, so I spent like 5 minutes circling around looking for it because I couldn't turn to look at it, and the planets are so repetitive that I constantly lost my spatial awareness and was unable to navigate properly since everything looks the same. Never actually found the ship again.

I can't wait for when the ending's fucking nothing.

XD why did you screenshot your reply =DDDD

There's a word filet in cloudfare that fucks up some posts, read codemonkey's statement on that.

link?

Just check out /sudo/ user.
If you constantly get {"readyState":0,"status":0,"statusText":"error"} errors, it's cloudflare denying you to post, because it thinks you are trying to inject SQL.

Maybe Cloudflare thinks you stop needing to be a faggot.

Maybe, but you can still post it as a picture though.

So what happened to the user streamer? Did he stop after 12 or what?

his mind was blown, he didnt want to spoil it

Wasn't expecting that reply, you made me smile.

archive.is/n1nny
(The deleted comment)

Meant for

so are there any 3rd person mod yet?

well stop injecting them then.

Holy shit why did they do that. the guy had like 17 leddit gold gifted to him because of that post.

He deleted his entire account. He either was paid off or received a bunch of hatemail.

Revelations 9:6 And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them.

I don't think the game was optimized well

The mods can't delete someone's account, that's not how leddit works

The mods stickied this new post. They obviously didn't delete it in the first place just to put it back up and sticky it for all to see.

reddit.com/r/NoMansSkyTheGame/comments/4y4i3a/wheres_the_nms_we_were_sold_on_front_page/?st=irywybgs&sh=5d062b7d

Any updates? What galaxy are we in?

Why would galaxies in the game have different laws of physics when different galaxies in real life seem to have the same laws of physics?

For fun.

Where is the stream? I would watch a stream of this if he has hitchhikers guide audiobooks playing in the background…

Pic related. Companies contact mods of popular subreddits all the fucking time.

If you already shit on realism like NMS you might as well go all the way and make it fun and crazy.

Why are galaxies and dimensions used interchangeably?

Admis can delete accounts I think.
And having one thread where they can contain everything instead of having the frontpage plastered with complaints always looks better for them.

You're playing the wrong game m8.

>Ending is just a bunch of missing assets, broken scripting and

Guys I know what happens when you get to the center of the 13th galaxy

Do not read if you don't want lore spoilers:
you enter the 14th galaxy

The game is totally worth 60 bucks, it's exactly how Sean Murray said it would be, an there will be patches anyway (etc)

Atleast you get to fuck a chick on a grave in g&g.

He must have reached the center of the universe.

Y'know, this is the first time I've seen one of these bingos get marked in every space.

How the hell do you find planets like that?

Not that I'm going to re-install the game, but every single planet I went to was a barren pile of rocks like the second half of this webm . Every single one of them.

An apt term for whoever buys it!

Hope RNGesus pities your ass.

Trips confirm No Man's Sky has the
DEEPEST LORE

This sad, sad moo gets me every time.

Amazing!

That is slightly overcomplicating it, user

the future of gaming

Why does he [laughs nervously] all the time and never answers the fucking question?

Because he know it's all bullshit
He has a permanent uneasy face

have some

OC

Guys, i only started reading thread, did you get the ending?

livestream is over, no ending, save file got uploaded, nobody continued.

Nah, streamer committed suicide after a few hours.

Whoa. First time somebody feels like me, when i play jrpg games.

wait, you means this?

well, let's be honest, this game is indeed a suicide simulator.

They'll find a donkey kong style kill screen

Honestly even that would be more enjoyable than if it loops back to Euclid. At least it would meant there was some supposed thing at the end, but faggots didn't implemented it.

They're tiered I believe. Starter planets are mostly just barren shit.

You dont.

twitter.com/Britbongreturns/status/765190830894317568

Twitter censored this video.
In all my time using that piece of shit site, I have only seen something similar when they took an metal gear fanart picture down. Murray confirmed for salty

I forgot to say, it was the webm comparing 2014 bulltrailer with dinosaurs with a "dinosaur" found in the actual gameplay

It's still there on my side

Was it this one?

Yes, that one.

Weird, I am not the only one that can't see it anymore.
Although the highlighted part
is kind of common when twitter is having technical issues (read: any day ending with Y), I've never seen the image in the background.

I cant see it either.

Yeah might be a problem on your side, but at this point it really wouldn't surprise me if Twatter started removing stuff like this.

Not really, i've read on twatter that some guy got full inventory, best ship and multitool on his first planet.
It's pretty much random what you get.
They pretty much forgot the procedural part.

Looks removed to me.

it's a single player game, they are finished with it, no more costs. The game sold millions, as far as the devs and publishers are concerned everything is great

I have no idea, it's still there for me, but then if you look at the guy's recent tweets there's this

why am I not surprised

manlet tears is lying, he was the one who ripped it from youtube

Is it actually manlytears?

Manlytears dindu muffin I wonder what he's going to rip off next

yes, look at his pics/vids
it's literally him

Wait, isn't that Manlet Tears?

well, if it is just a stupid meme-war between idiots, then fuck it.

I thought it was Murray who filed the DMCA.

yup, britbongreturns is tiny tots

twitter.com/Britbongreturns/status/765898933692489729

He stole it, remember this is the fag the DMCA and sued people for using the forever alone meme.

Again, I thought it was Murray's doing.

I apologize for bringing it up

This nigger is still breathing? Thank God he didn't follow us here

he's not here yet so no harm done, here's hoping he's gone forever though

Someone needs to do a full translation on all of the Atlas Interface speech. You only learn one word of Atlas per monolith (nothing from plaques) so actually learning the whole thing would take FOREVER and you'd need to do it all before visiting the first interface.

All the lines already leaked my dude, just search through the pastebin, i'm sure you'll find them.

So players don't name the galaxies when they get to them first, like they do with solar systems and planets?

What pastebin? Not like I've been following these threads.

the universe is shit. it's all shit.

pastebin.com/VK6Lr7BN
Almost every line and event, but you'll have to look for it.

Not pastebin, github:

gist.github.com/gitFurious/cff8a09f244d7c880e8554b2f0b4efa5

Search for NOTIFY_FINAL_GOTOMONOLITH

Wait even better:
ALL_ATLAS_NEWLORE_
ALL_ATLAS_END_

That's not how relativity works.

That's the description text, which doesn't need translation. I'm talking about the Atlas speech, which is probably DNT_ATLAS_LANGNEW_1 through DNT_ATLAS_LANGNEW_10

may as well copy it here:

DNT_ATLAS_LANGNEW_1
You are first-kind to take this step. No other has dared the infinite. This grant of purpose will span universes.
Open the sky and be our eyes. Find and know us. We await you.

DNT_ATLAS_LANGNEW_2
We have come so far and yet we are lost. The seeking of the kindred never ends. The endless night unfolds before you.
Wonder and fear. Silence and delight. Such knowledge awaits.

DNT_ATLAS_LANGNEW_3
Trace the threads of gravity, do not hesitate. The void sings in vibrant chorus, siren song and hymnal.
The sands of reality shift and merge, becoming one. You are within this.

DNT_ATLAS_LANGNEW_4
There is a horizon beyond this one, and one beyond the next. You will cross them all for us. Question nothing, fear nothing.
The calling cannot be denied. This is what you are.

DNT_ATLAS_LANGNEW_5
Delay serves no purpose. The gathering of the unrecorded is ultimate. Learn all that is open to you. Seek and document and know.
Bring it to us, while there is still time.

DNT_ATLAS_LANGNEW_6
Yet you follow. It is remarked. But will you endure until the finality? Expel all doubt. None return.
Beyond the cascade and storms there is only the clarity of absolute truth.

DNT_ATLAS_LANGNEW_7
Suns die and world are made ashen, yet we remain. The ending is no end. Existence is unbounded and languor engulfs the darkness.
Bring us our meaning, if you are capable.

DNT_ATLAS_LANGNEW_8
You are bonded to this act. Obedience brings certainty. Your enlightenment lies within the cage of your duty.
Do not fail us. We will see with your eyes.

DNT_ATLAS_LANGNEW_9
The ending becomes visible. Drawing toward our locus, we sense you. What has been witnessed cannot be unseen.
There is no sanctuary, only the end-point and communion. Close now.

DNT_ATLAS_LANGNEW_10
We will reward the totality of your devotion. Your gift is a glimpse into our ceaseless actuality. Come to us.
Do not turn away. Know our inescapable truth, and despair.

wew. I was kinda hoping I'd find a giant shark or something and get eaten, but no fun allowed in this game.

Get the fuck out of here manly tears you fucking attentionwhore midget

Are there only 10? Wouldn't there be 130 for each galaxy?

Short version of the journey (ALL_ATLAS_NEWLORE_#):

The Atlas has been broken into several pieces waiting to be discovered. The player, when interacting with the first remnant, is offered "true understanding". It is assumed to be the creator of the whole universe and all of its being. At this point, the player is damn sure he's a special snowflake chosen by the Atlas, and needs to go on to find more of these pieces. He also starts to think his fate is out of his hands and has been written already, he wonders if it's all part of a big never-ending cycle.

Now the player is obsessed by the Atlas, can't think about anything else and dreams of it. He's damn sure he needs to know what's behind the curtain to understand reality, and that's why he's devoted to the Atlas. He also starts to fear the chaos of uncontrolled being, wandering with no directives. He now realizes that "the act of discovery for discovery’s sake now seems like a foolish conceit", and thinks he's no longer a nomad, but "the carrier of illumination".

The player has become Neo: completely up his own ass he is certain that obstacles standing in his path were put there by the Atlas, as a form of challenge to prove his worth. He concludes: "existence as a synthetic, governed by monolithic, complex algorithms. A program, as infinite as a universe". But he's also the Atlas' bitch, incapable of breaking away from the monotonous task of finding more pieces of alien junk. There's no free will, and curiosity is a trap ("I am the experiment and the observer. This universe was created for my journey. It is built about the path that I follow.")

"This is totality, this is conformity", "My role is complete. My program ended. Nothing is real. This existence is an imitation of life, a model made by jaded intellects, enslaved to their actuality as I am enslaved to mine. What lies beyond that truth?" (uh uh, so many lies Sean, so many lies)

It ends with: "The cycle is complete. Infinity awaits. One day, deep in the distant Beyond, the Atlas might finally find freedom. We thank you, Traveller."

Looking into DNT_ATLAS_LANGNEW and ATLAS_REQUEST_OPT

2deep4u: The Game

Nada and polo figure it out way before that they are just in a video game.
Any kind of story shit is way too fucked up to even count as barely above the line to be an actual story. I don't even care about the biomass thing.

Haha, no when you go through a galaxy, it resets since you only need 10 atlas stones to reset your galaxy.
Sometimes you can buy atlas stones for a shitton of money, like 5m/piece, but if you can afford it you can literally skip atlas storyline.

JUST

Because despite being a pathological liar, he isn't good at lying like Todd. At least Todd is confident and when he speaks it sounds like he truly believes the bullshit he is saying.

the game is literally telling you it's nothing but a game made by a bunch of jaded wageslaves who hate their job.

I think he does because its true, but things have to get cut and he ends up a liar retroactively.

So it is a burgerian take of E.Y.E.'s meta mindfuckery with admission of it was a gaem all along and no fluff about the fictional world at all?

Japan should have carpet nuked 'murrica instead of fucking about.

Atlas: you are the first to accept to do my errants and face the (cavernous voice) infinite: "this grant of purpose will span universes" (post modernism, here I come). Come into my black hole, oh yeah, deeper big boy! Keep going, that's all that counts. Deeper, FASTER (it looks like a sex analogy, really, but it's what it says… more or less). Even though you think you are discovering things, you're only following me.

My bet: the Atlas is some weird Alien shit using the player as a host to discover more shit (ATLAS_END_STAR: There is nothing else but the orb. We are alone in the universe. It fills my mind. I am consumed.)

Everything about this game is such as disappointment. Here I am swimming under water, the atmosphere feels pretty creepy and I find this underwater cave. Hoping I'd find a giant eel making his home there, I went inside. Instead I find nothing at all. The only sea creature I've found in this 95% water have been these dumb banana peel looking octopuses.

Sometimes Todd just heavily imply things and words phrases to sound like they mean something else as well. Which means many times he technically isn't lying.

I saw fish that looked like something that's supposed to be on land, like four legged deerlike beings, but they counted as fishes.

Have you played "out there"? Its the same shit few years older. You learn languages, seek truth an shit. Except its mostly 2d or text with basic resource management. A real classic Sci-fi feel.

That's why he's a master of lies. Even his lies are lying about being lies

Well, gentlemen, I'm afraid there's nothing to spoil. Last words?
>ATLAS_SEED_2_DESC: "Atlas Seed containing zonally-shifted quasi-stellar substrate. Warning: do not allow matrix to commune with this dimensional space."

Hm. Brilliant.

Also, remember the stupid "encryption" minigame? It's not randomized:
1212 - 2121 - 1212 - xxxx
9183 - 1839 - 8391 - xxxx
9780 - 7809 - 8097 - xxxx
2109 - 1092 - 0921 - xxxx
3941 - 9413 - 4139 - xxxx
4865 - 8654 - 6548 - xxxx
2738 - 7382 - 3827 - xxxx
3908 - 9083 - 0839 - xxxx
9162 - 1629 - 6291 - xxxx
5336 - 3365 - 3653 - xxxx
4366 - 3664 - 6643 - xxxx
7354 - 3547 - 5473 - xxxx
1702 - 7021 - 0217 - xxxx
4634 - 6344 -3446 - xxxx
5920 - 9205 - 2059 - xxxx
3987 - 9873 - 8739 - xxxx
7771 - 1777 - 7177 - xxxx

If I wanted text I'd read a book

Yeah, i thought so too when the second multiply equation was the same as the first one.

An Atlas Seed shell encompassing a void element harvested from the collapse state of the last universe. Toxic if ingested.
This one-of-a-kind Atlas Seed holds an aesthetically pleasing mathematical construct salvaged from the simulation of an alternate reality.
An Atlas Seed capable of resonating on humanoid telepathic frequencies; may attempt to subsume any subordinate intellect in close proximity.
This Atlas Shell holds the remains of a parasitic space-borne lifeform, most likely of extra-dimensional origins.

Confirmed:

Its short and has hardcore resource management. But it is mostly a book.

So Atlas is basically luring out the normalfags that enjoy mind dulling shit.

So on a scale of 1 to 10, how garbage is this game? Pirated it a day or two ago and wondering whether to even bother playing it.

It can entertain you for about 30-60 minutes, then it spirals down into a dull grind that's hard to get out of because you refuse to believe that's all there is to the game, and it's all suffering from there.

Good luck getting the game to start

ATLAS

The Atlas path is a big fuck you to players who wanted a reason to do anything in the game. When Sean said "you could go to the center of the universe" and people just asked "why would we do that? what's the motivation", they made the Atlas path:

Atlas is supposedly the creator of all things, the universe and the reason why obstacles are standing between the player and the ending (that's Hello Games). Similarly, Atlas forces the player to visit more for the sake of visiting more. It's something the player could do without having the mission to do, but in the case of Atlas, the player has to, and it becomes his motivation. The logs of the character going like "I'm obsessed, I have no free will, I'm Atlas' bitch" is "you cannot have fun if you're not told to have fun in a certain way".

It's just a big "fuck you" IMO.

at it's best it's a solid 4, at it's worst it's straight up 1. If you already pirated it, then you might as well play for an hour to decide if you want to fuck around more but that'll probably be enough for you to get bored.

I'm just waiting to discover something so ugly and stupid that it'll get reposted in the threads, though i can't play more than an hour even if i force myself.

The filter caught me when I tried to upload an example of a bayer matrix in the last pixel art thread. I had to shift it into vaporwave in order for it to go through.

Atleast they gave you the option to fuck off from it.
Only if it was useful in any way.

It'll either loop back or let you pick which galaxy you want to go to.

Gameplay is pretty much non-existent. There's a lot of walking resource gathering. The flying is dogshit and completely different than what we were originally shown. About the only thing I like is that you have to learn the language of the aliens you communicate with.

By walking a fucking lot. And solving puzzles for retards. And fighting urge to kill yourself.

Every event is pre made. If you know the right answer then you doN't even need to learn the words.

Then why was he awkward and avoiding all questions for the entirety of the past 2 years?

You have this choice in game, true (you either "do it yourself" or "you are told to do it"). But you also have the choice not to play No Man's Sky at all; no one is forcing you sit through it.

And that's the whole thing: when people asked what was the point of No Man's Sky, they were looking for something interesting to do, something compelling, something fun and rewarding. But Sean is unable to understand that and came up with a vague promise of something cool if you reach the end. Of course, you need to play the game to reach the end (duh), but it's just so tedious (borderline impossible to achieve) it's more similar to a carrot on a stick. Sean made this "world" that isn't a game, but sold it like one; I'm sure he thinks that forcing players to play will turn his shit into a genuine game and they will "get it eventually". Whether you chose to follow Atlas' path or not, you're doing the same thing. If you follow that path, you have to explore (more like wandering around till you eventually find something that you may or may not expect to be there), if you don't follow that path, you still explore (expect you "chose" to do so, even though you are still wandering around, only you're not waiting to find something particular).

reminder that the entire Atlas plot and "three paths" shit wasn't started at all until after the PS4 version went gold. They threw it all in in a week or so while stumbling around making the PC port.

It shows.

Do you feel like you have a purpose yet, traveller?

So how do we know there are 13 galaxies? Source?

so that's the mind blowing ending?

I don't get it, what is the ending at the centre of the universe now?

My bet: there's no ending, you just cycle through. You discover little by little that you are dragged from point A to point B by some force, but there's nothing else going on. No Man's Sky was designed to provide an infinite walking simulator with no purpose, only "discovery". If you don't follow the Atlas path, you just derp around till you're fed up. The Atlas path does the exact same thing, only pretending you have a reason to do it: there's enough elements in the lore to suggest the universe restarts, there's also nothing that suggest the character is somewhat related to anything going on (except for accepting the first Atlas' call) and the whole "you're in a simulation" speech also points in that direction.

It's just an empty sandbox with a passive-aggressive story for those who wanted to know the hook of such a "game".

Don't jinx it.

The funniest thing is that all of that info, you can get by following nada and polo.
There is literally one single path that you can choose to step or not step on.

I'd say it's a decent-to-strong 3/10.

IT'S THE FUCKING SPEC OPS THE LINE 2DEEP4U SHIT ALL OVER AGAIN

Pls respond.

Found the "source". It's a fucking game wiki page that says "known" galaxies. How that equates to "total number of galaxies" is beyond me.

Except Spec ops is more of a commentary on the modern shooter genre, and actively berates you for playing yet another stupid fucking shooter both by questioning your motive for playing, and by showing you the real brutality of war.

I don't want to say games are art, but I'd say Spec Ops is one of those games that tries to tie both its gameplay mechanics and writing into its message. Probably the closest thing to "art" the industry has had as of late.

Well the first five galaxies are correct according to . No idea about the galaxies after that.

Fun fact: if there is only 13 galaxies in the game with a total of 18 quintillion stars between them then that works out to be roughly 1.4 quintillion stars per galaxy when the Milky Way only has around 100 billion give or take (making each galaxy in NMS unrealistically massive at nearly 14 million times the size of an already rather large galaxy in reality). If on the other hand they divided that 18 quintillion stars up between galaxies roughly the same average size as the Milky Way there would be 180 million galaxies.

But yeah I wouldn't be surprised if they fucked that up and only coded in 13 galaxies at 1.4 quintillion stars each, I mean they certainly didn't seem to give a shit about realism elsewhere in the game (planets and moons don't rotate or have orbits, they're far too close to each other and are often within each other's Roche Limit, stars are just painted onto the skybox and aren't actual objects, warping is just a loading screen that covers up the fact that your ship just magically transports from one 'box' to the next, there are no planets with rings (or gas giants for that matter, all planets are rocky and the vast majority even have life when they even said in the past that 90% of planets would be lifeless), and there are asteroids fucking everywhere that isn't a planet, moon or space station).

The level of mental hoops you have to jump through before your suspension of disbelief is no longer constantly triggered is just insulting at best.

What about 10 galaxies, +3 galaxies unlocked in DLC? Because why the fuck not.

According to youtube.com/watch?v=C0QvFTHR7rM it seems it might go past 13 galaxies, seeing Ontiniangp and Odiwagiri were discovered by someone (apparently they didn't get Kampinggas either).

All the others up to Aptarkaba match up with that wiki article though.

It's mind numbing how they made going to the center of the galaxy the goal, but because they're too shit to pace the game in a normal way, they just let you go to the center of the galaxy for every galaxy in the universe

Just admit it guys, the mindblowing moment is the fact that the seemingly infinite galaxy you spent so long exploring was only one of many.

There's no "true ending".

I think the mindblowing "surprise" is "Whoa, I can't believe this game is really so fucking shit and empty despite having 18 quintillion planets!"

Does anyone have the magnet for this sorry piece of shit game? I want to experience the lies first hand.

Sorry guys I lied again, there might be paid DLC. Cas some people will still pay more than 60 buffalos.
please use archive.is/no-mans-sky-creator-walks-back-no-paid-dlc-statement/

Maybe if you pay 100 more for a patch you'll get multiplayer lol

Kek. Reminds me of Endless Eight.

The only way to win the game, is to not play it.