Minecraft to Minetest transition Thread

I've been doing Redstone for fun and mental challenge for the past 5 years now, but I cannot ignore the drastic shift in playerbase and deterioration of the game overall so far.

Anybody can help me get on a server that has Redstone, stuff you can hook it up to, like pistons etc. and just overall smooth the switch? I'm honestly repulsed by how Minetest looks and plays, but I just want to experience quality game interactions again.

I really hope pistons are a thing in Minetest.

Other urls found in this thread:

technic.kosyak.info/
mesecons.net/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Stop. This is not comparable to becoming a trans*. Games are not genders. Sage!

What are you, fucking gay, user?

I was just making an opportunistic joke. But then I realized it would have probably been more effective to reword the OP to replace words like HRT or gender reassignment but I fucked it up.

My understanding of redstone is basic as fuck. What am I looking at here in these pictures?

code it yourself stupid

I'm glad you asked.

My last project before I got banned from an SJW-run server this was on. It was an arcade game, where a moving target (a minecart) was flying up and down inside the idol's mouth and you had to shoot it to score a point.

On the right, you can see the scoreboard, which couldn't be bothered to convert into decimal so I left it in binary with labels for retards.

On the bottom of the idol, there's a row of lamps which act as your "health" which constantly drains as you try to hit the target. Once you hit it, the timer is reset and a new stage is set up.

The arcade had a dynamic soundtrack, which I put together by hooking up three complimenting "beats" along with the central "tribal" melody, and it became more intense and aggressive as you went by.

Starting on stage 3, the idol would start opening and closing his mouth, reducing the window of opportunity for you to hit it. On stage 5, the idol started shooting back. There were individual purely decorative gimmick for every stage, such as the idol crying when you hit it on stage 2, and it's eyes rapidly flashing when you hit stage 5 onwards.

It also earned me money. Well, diamonds. You'd need 3 to start the game, and you'd cash in positive if you got to stage 3 and more.

Beating the idol earned you a lvl30 enchanted diamond item.

user, I'm already trying to cobble together a game, I do want to have something to do in my spare time, however.

Well now you have something to do in your spare time.
Give details about the game.

Yeah I talked about it before on here, it's a shooter with quirky mechanics and Quakey graphics, which I'm working on in UE4.

at the moment I'm still filling out a design doc and making barebones models so I can put together a v0.1 of it. Recently finished fucking with the hand rig - seems like its finally going to do what I want when I want it.

The redstone is like what you would find in the Technic mod, but with even less documentation. Also, why don't you just play older versions of Minecraft?

Lack of other people to play with. I enjoy building automatic Redstone machines for public use and coming back every day to see them full of goodies.

Toying with other people in these games is one of the most interesting things you can do, and because of that playing alone just doesnt cut it.

It's like making a plane without having a chance to test it.

What's Technic mod?

technic.kosyak.info/

It's a big mod that lets you make machines.

You may also like this: mesecons.net/

Come on Holla Forums, let me post.

noice.

However, this is more like IC2 modpack, and much more essence over substance. Redstone is a wiring system that lets you build machines that take an input and give you an output; It's more about making a machine that decides things, rather a block that's already coded to do things.

If you can get Makehuman the freeware software to work for you, that's going to save you a lot of time.

I looked at MakeHuman and it looked completely processed, rubbery, tasteless, lifeless and stock.

Using ready-to-go assets is something you should only do when you're good enough to make them look custom.

My problem with minetest is that it's far less polished than even very very early versions of minecraft.
I wish somebody would go back and make a forge-like mod API for minecraft beta 1.7, if possible.

It's like pottery.

I wish someone would take the existing FTB modpack for Minecraft, take out all the filler and make a server.

Supposedly there is going to be API news revealed during Minecon this year. If MC finally has a native API then you could bypass the completely cancerous modding community and make Minecraft great again. I might even bother to try to make a mod of my own then.

If you like that kind of stuff, you should try embedded programming.

BAZINGA :^)

Nah, I tried ComputerCraft and it sucked. There's no challenge in that, since I know how to code IRL and doing it ingame would just be telling the game "yo, do this" instead of building a mechanism out of "parts" that by themselves mean very little but make up a complex construct when you're done.

Currently we have Mesecon which basically is not-redstone, we have pistons and not-redstone Mesecon Torches.

That's pretty cool. Got a server that runs this?

The server IP is catgirls.animebitch.es and the port is 30000. Just to advice you, mesecon is obtained from mese crystal and they are rare as fucking diamonds. You get like 16 mesecon from burning mese crystals.

Place a name and a password, then press enter (do NOT press connect, sometimes it bugs out.) We have mods (Type /mods to see the list) and you can look up crafting recipes from the menu.

why play minetest
why play mine-anything online
comfy SP minecraft is the only way to play

didn't that server just get griefed TWICE

Where the fuck did all the data fields go?

Some guy sperged out, but we managed to put a faction claim that fixes all of that.

Yeah, that might not be for me. I used to buy redstone 3 stacks of blocks (3x9x64 dust) at a time and ran out of it within the same week.

Butthurt. Xenos did nothing wrong and he will return.
Stealing faction land will be implemented. There is also many ways to bypass claims right now.

Is it the one where you choose to play as either an adult or a loli?

thats the one

Please do not use mesecons on the server. I found a crashing bug that will be very easy to accidentally find, which will hopefully be fixed when admin gets on.

YOU GET

mesecons is ok now

ok