Toddstation 13

What is ToddStation 13?

TS13 is a robust multiplayer point-and-click about surviving a post-apocalyptic wasteland. It is an overhaul of the default Space Station 13 game. This overhaul is a work in progress made and developed by a team independent from the host and is a work in progress currently in alpha. The server will be updated as the public release is with possible content branching from our own team.

Where can I play?

TS13 is going to hopefully be the primary Holla Forums server. You can download the BYOND client or join our server directly from your web browser to play. The web client is unreliable, and we recommend the latest BYOND client for the best experience possible. The BYOND client is presently Windows only, though it is compatible with WINE.

You will need a BYOND account to connect to our server.

Client Download - byond.com/download/

Server Info

Name: Toddstation13
Primary Address: 87.106.100.64:1337

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Sierracode/Vault-113-Restoration
tgstation13.org/wiki/Starter_guide
strawpoll.me/11009464
pastebin.com/FNgyH23a
github.com/fallout13/fallout13
appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=29560
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

New round in tenish minutes.

Two quick questions:

Can I play as the best faction?

Can I lash degenerates to a cross?

If you join at round start and put them as your occupation preference you can play as the legion. Cant crucify people yet but I imagine its on the way.

quick join while there are four players and we might get a decent userbase

Is this a console that can only play bethesda games?

and already dead

Quick post ss13 drama. I want to see atleast 15 shitposters on this thread stat.

Nigger we just got it up like an hour ago and made the thread.

Aint no SS13 here.

See you guys in 15

Besides the base game that was overhauled this has nothing to do with it. Drama all you want though fam.

If you don't stop I'll say the magic words and get all the regulars back and more

Why contain it?

Do it faggot.

gitgud
koriath
the_truth
skelus&justL
William Taftnever 4get
busywork jew
memeseeks

New round starting now. Setup and ready up fags.

I'd be there but I'm still at 15mb down

Off to a good start here, op.

How likeley am I to fuck things up if I've never played SS13?
How much will you bully me?

Guys guys, how the fuck do i install?

BYOND or the game?

1\10 to first
X\10 to spoiler, where X is a random number ranging from 0 to 4

Both, i am new as fuck.

Download Byond. The link is in the OP. Then when you have Byond open click the gear on the top right>open location and copy paste the server IP.

It stuck at "loading game information"

You are downloading resources. Wait a few minutes and if it doesn't progress rejoin.

Post the comics.

We got us 11 people on now. Join and die to raider mobs!

AW HELL NAW

Selfish bump. Lets play some Toddstation, shitters.

OH BOY

Thats almost the best armor in the game. You wont beat those deathclaws alone.

There's also a katana and a combat shotgun to the north.
If the combat shotgun is anything like the F3 one, it's also the best gun in the game too.

Shotguns arnt that great. The best weapons are in another area of the map gaurded by even more OP shit you wont get past.

Post some pictures of this mod. I need to see if it's actually something before I join.

Is that a challenge?
I have a minigun. I'll fuck you up.
Please tell me there's miniguns and Fatman in this.

DOWNLOADING AT A BLAZING 30KB/S EMULATING IN WINE
LETS HOPE IT WORKS LADS

INCLEMENT WEATHER INCOMING SO PROBABLY GONNA DOWNGRADE TO 10KB/S HERE. SEE YOU IN 3 HOURS

There's a ton of artwork and most things have been heavily inspired by Fallout New Vegas.
That said, there's a lot of polish to go. Yaoguai still have the Spacebear description for instance.
PDA's can be placed in your gloves slot, but without an ID they're useless.

Dunno about gamemodes, but we could make up some and code them in with time.
For now, I'm enjoying the light RP.

Not that I know of yet. It wouldnt be hard to put it in so expect to see it in the future.

Haven't seen legion shit yet either, except for the spears.
That's gonna need to be added too.

Well you certainly summoned DIGITS

13 players we high pop now bois

how the FUCK do you turn off the safety on guns?

RESPAWN IS ON
RESPAWN IS ON
I REPEAT
RESPAWN IS ON
THIS IS NOT A DRILL

alt click you meme head

god dammit

good luck with your new station, I hope you get a lot of players

Fucking 5 stars. Can't wait to bury treasures out in the wasteland and make maps for other players.

Love how raiders havent thought to team up. They are possibly the most overpowering group numbers wise.

pls no

Kinda disapointed with the lack of building options.
Removing roadtiles reverts them to station tiles too, but that's an easy fix.

I'll send some PR's tomorrow to however is keeping the repo.

Also, I think we need to think about a respawn mechanic. Right now it's great for experimenting, but depending on where we want to take this thing, I think a "I'm back" button might be a bad idea.

For messing around its fine, its not going to be a long term thing.

Yeah, but imagine we make an NCR vs Legion thing. Instant respawns are great (as long as you respawn in your base) if we want a deathmatch kinda feeling.

Fuck it, toss sugestions for gamemodes.

Just spit balling ideas.

The server is currently running this code github.com/Sierracode/Vault-113-Restoration
Just submit a PR of anything you want to fix
There is also a ss13 codebase there with a few changes… A little cock tease for the possible future

I am retarded please rape my face

Well that was boring

The codebase is unfortunately forked from a very alpha Russian codebase. I made this server because I miss spessmen it however is more a pet project right now.

duranddurand did nothing wrong

You had my hopes up that Todd was making his own gaming system.

The dream is still alive.

I just got murdered by another user and i didn't know how to even fire a gun. Good times

Thankashen user.
Been a while since I've seen those.
Please keep them in this thread. Some fuckers have been posting them on other threads unrelated to them. Other Holla Forumsirgins don't need to be exposed to the sick shit we do in this thread.

Toddstation will have 32 Pentaflops. Every single one will be climbable too.

It's like when we started playing SS13 so long ago. Not knowing how to do shit either, everything exploding or people puking everywhere.
Glorious.

Can't see clothing sprites, everyone is naked. Do I need to delete old files or something?

Fantastic round lads

PURGE and renown load at the high speed of 50kb/s
Dunno what that is about by the way. The server has 10gb/s ethernet so yeah

I'm sorry Biggus Diggus

This is fun and refreshing.

make sure to take your safety off

alt+click

I would enjoy this much more if people had the courtesy to finish me when they murder. Waiting to die is a bore. How do you drop weapons to pick up new ones?

If you get into red health, pressing ghost kills you instantly.

tgstation13.org/wiki/Starter_guide

give this a quick look over

GHOULS RULE

why do you faggots enjoy wandering about empty space for five minutes only to get robusted for six seconds where one of you dies instantly

why can't we play Red Dward Simulation 13 instead of this garbage

Good guy server admin here with a quick question. strawpoll.me/11010076

You know there is a game like this already?
It's called FOnline and it does it better than the shitty BYOND client

Beyond is way funner

What version of /tg/ station, because current version is dogshit.

just know when to stop

Will probably be a fairly redeemed version of new station code that I will personally fix bit by bit.

AI is completely fucked.
Couldn't do anything even open doors.

server is kill
SERVER IS KILL

server is live

Awesome. If you do decide to host the ss13 server I'll gladly start adding to /updating the maps.
That is if the server doesn't die in a week due to shitposting.

How much gunplay and wound treatment is there?

Do you have jobs, or just generic roles?

Gee what kind of ss13 thread would do that :^)

Vault dwellers have jobs, everyone outside has a "vague" job such as raider (killing and looting) or wasteland medic (tending to the sick and needy) or settler (plain ol' survivor).

Good amount of gunplay and wound treatment is pretty much stimpacks and drugs.

ToddStation needs A LOT of work to be playable

Like these are just my impressions but right now it feels like SS13 without everything that made SS13 interesting

So looking at the poll results it seems people still actually want ss13.
We are considering a compromise. Both fallout and ss13 will be online during the week as from memory that is when most servers had low pop.
Saturday will be fallout night the ss13 server will be taken downllowing fallout to run with all the servers resources.
With sunday the vice versa with ss13 being online.
Any problems?

But does it have things like the autistic chemistry or atmosphere system or is it more tuned to player interaction and shit

Yeah, conductor.
BYond is probably the biggest hurdle to keeping SS13 from thriving. It's old and bad and there's no replacement and it makes me sad inside

it still has autistic chems

Do you want this serb to already die? New /tg/ killed hatestation, people here hate goons and SA too much to look past what is a good codebase and no one was playing newstation already so why would making a clone of it suddenly bring people back?

I say go either Hippie (built for pure mayhem and contains some of our code already) or /vg/ (FUN)

why not code it so it switches every round or people can vote for ss13 or fo13?

It was probably made with a higher population in mind, ala Lifeweb.
Holla Forums just doesn't have the population to support an active ss13 community. The reason such a niche game grew on 4chan was because the traffic on 4/v/ was enough that new players were consistently introduced into the ss13 threads.
Here the community just stagnates and the shitposters move in like mosquitoes to standing water.

I feel your pain but until someone actually goes full madman and makes ss13 the game. A reality this is the best we got.

strawpoll.me/11009464 Very important poll please vote

I think we should just move back to standard SS13 and work from the code from Newstation but not make it shit.

WHY THE FUCK IS THERE A SAFETY SYSTEM WHO THE FUCK IS THIS FOR?

It is also the codebase closest to when we had our highest populations.
Should people want a change hard enough I will gladly move over to another codebase until then. It looks like /tg/ is winning.

On the users picking aspect there are two options. One means 90mbs on first download as it needs all textures from both games and for them to not mismatch.
The other needs both servers to be active with the port only being opened for one when an admin (me) switches it over.
Should someone find a way of doing this smoothly hit me up

What are the biggest flaws with SS13 and BYond as a whole right now?

because /tg/ and goon are the only ss13 options, do another poll with hippie and /vg/ included.

The reason the two options were included was because i know tg code myself well and my coder knows goon very well.

Other codebase are foreign to me. If someone wishes to make a poll with codebases go for it. I will listen.

The whole system could be better if it was an actual game

The whole system could be better if it was an actual game

BYOND was never meant to support a game like ss13, only shitty jrpg-likes.
The biggest issues are shit optimization, the spaghetti code that has been added to by hundreds of different people, the coding language itself, and the engine limitations in general.

What's the matter user? A little too robust for your tastes?

I wonder how a game like Runescape would feel if it was ported to an engine like BYond

I love SS13 but BYOND is fucking shit.
When will someone finally make an alternative that doesn't run on a pure garbage codebase?

It was fun with you guys.

I love SS13 but BYOND is fucking shit.
When will someone finally make an alternative that doesn't run on a pure garbage codebase?

No just no fucking clue how to turn off safety, why would they have safety not be clicking the gun with an empty hand?

No individual part is hard to program. It's making it concurrent, moddable, and multiplayer that's the biggest hurdle for me.

I want to do it and I have enough knowledge to start but it's so daunting and I know I'd give up after a week anyways

alt+click

Click the gun with the hand that is holding it, maybe.
Thats how guns work irl, hitting the safety with the hand that you fire with.

RAIDER PRIDE WASTELAND WIDE

I killed like three of you with only a golf iron.

raiders a shit

i just want space law & order

Mayoi thread?

SERVER UPDATE
Fallout13 and ss13 now running on server.

SERVER IP:

PORTS:
Fallout13 - 1337
Space Station 13: 1338

Did some namefag pissed off mark that he remove the name and subject field from the reply box?

pastebin.com/FNgyH23a

Every thread until you like it.

~

Look to the 4am threads for that

I never participate in a 4am thread, what's wrong with it?

Database has been set up.
SS13 is running comfertably alongside fallout13.
Fallout will be linked to the database on next restart, Sunday, until then its nobannu week on fallout. Enjoy yourselves.

Avatarfags and a couple namefags

Missing post fields are part of the forced-anonymous option for boards. Apparently Mark's putting on forced-anonymity as a user-opinion test (without telling anybody or giving any prior warning), there's already been a few threads complaining about it since he didn't tell anybody what was going on and some people think he's forcing anonymity purely to deprive 4AM namefags of the privilege without any regard for the rest of the userbase or the fact that it removes tripcodes from the entire board

Anyone even playing right now? I don't know how to check the pop yet

is doomanon still working on doomstation13

Fallout13 has two players
ss13 is empty
Weekdays during amerifat sleep hours are generally slow. Most of them play at around 10pm GMT

I'm slowly getting the hang of this. Got lucky enough to find a laser gun and assault rifle but when i go to fire it fires both at the same time. Found an AI and we killed each other

I'm never going to git gud am i?

This is what the saftey is for :^)

Yeah i realize this now. I very often fire when i'm trying to figure out some of the tank controls. It's fun so far.

Fallout13 is restarting soon fam. Time to vault dweller up fam

Some guy tried to axe me at the end when i thought he tried to buddy up with me. shot his faggot face. This feels more like Day z 2.0 to me

Now is the time to join for a brand new round. Lets get murdered by OP NPCs.

fug :DDDDD

Oh… So it's you…
And you actually misfired
Sorry
It's a habit for me to shoot someone shooting at me regardless misfire or not

Try again fag

Someone tell me how to kill myself when i'm down for the count. I'm tired of waiting for death

ghost

type "succumb" or "ghost"

wake up, Holla Forums, you can muster more autismos than this

New round starting in about 60 seconds.

New round is about to start. Come join up.

on my way famalam

How do i check how many players are online?

OOC tab then click "who"

9 right now

What the hell are the objectives in this? Space station had people with jobs but it seems like this is just free roam

The vault still has jobs (you need to ready up on game start and pick in preferences to get a vault job) outside is more free roam and RP.

Pretty much whatever you want. It still needs a lot of work. If people want to play SS13 we are going to have a server up pretty soon here.

it is free, but here's what it seems like
find an excuse to put together an exploration party and leave the vault, use resources to rebuild and stick together as "normal players"
be stupid and poor and irradiated, survive radiation and be at eachother's throats the whole game
build up your own little autismfort and consider roleplaying a bit inbetween base raids

Scratch that. We do have the SS13 server up with the same IP as this one but the port is 1338. I dont think there is anyone on it though. It will be included in the OP next thread.

Do Deathclaws basically act as xenos?

I want to erp with one and bounce on his cock and take RAD damage

I thought that was female from the thumbnail

Anons please tell me you only use it on a VM with ads blocked.

What are you gay?

So am I a retard of is the interface really clunky ?
I can't load my shotgun and I don't know how to turn the safety off.

One time, a syberian mob boss mailed me a skeleton gif.
I paid the money he asked for.

Alt+click the guns to change the safety.
Pick a shell. Click on the shotung with it to load it.
While holding the gun, press Z to pump the used shell out, and a new one in.

Do I really need to equip everything if I want to drop it ? Can't I drag & drop shit ?

github.com/fallout13/fallout13

heres another fo13 codebase

Heres how we can fix this up a bit

>Legion cannot use chems but slaves can produce healing powder Lets just say they somehow passively gather broc flower and Xander root

I like it but we should keep settlers and wasteland medics but give them better starting gear

We need actual construction for once.
Being a settle and not being able to actually settle sucks.
At least starting tools to deconstruct shit and remake it somewhere else.

add a bare minimum respawn timer and some threat of sentient mobs to that list and it'll be fun

Less infinite ammo raider npcs, more creatures

New toddstation round starting in five minutes, get in here niggers

Fucking newstation is still up why even bother with this alpha.

Disregard this post I selected the wrong bookmark

Why did you guys do this to me.

Funny, i've never gotten ads on byond for some reason

Write about your hobo adventures

I don't want to, because I fell in love too.

It's something I've for a long time considered doing myself. I'd be very, very interested to hear about it. Did you read Holetroll's tale, by chance??

I haven't and if you wish, I could tell you over skype one of these days. I'd much prefer keeping up my social skills by communicating with someone, even a silent partner, than type out the journey again.

skype is a no-no for me because tinfoil.
email might actually be far more suitable since I imagine some things will require lengthy messages. feel free to email me if you ever feel like telling your tale. no, that email address is not a joke. it's my burner for imageboard related shit

Got some anons on, join up famalams.

I tried for almost two hours to get out of that place. 10/10 game would get spooked again

Fucking Benis.

You were robust.
But batons are above robust.

New round

server down?

Okay how about this for non-vault jobs

NCR (Have to follow some variant of Space Law)

Legion (Cannot use chems)

Neutral

perfect

I cleared out the raider town with a 10mm pistol and 30 shots.

The shear bullet count in that thing kills things quick. this needs to be a standard, at least in other guns, because shotguns have very shit damage and you need to pump them in your menu to shoot again. If we're doing a sort of PvE run, we need better salvagable guns

there needs to be a better way to identify Raiders in any case, considering they don't have to stay wearing raider garb, and no one gets ID's.

I'd imagine you'd need some sort of mechanic to "promote" lower rank people to higher rank in case someone dies, though.
Rangers training troopers until they can be Rangers too and one Ranger becoming Ranger Chief if the previous one dies, for instance.

The Slave Rags idea seems kinda artificial, considering we have Botany and Chemistry, which means it's perfectly possible to add Xander Root and Broc Flower as plants you can cultivate that give one chemical each that can be mixed in any container to make Healing Powder.

However, nothing of this would actually be enforced since the Centurion himself could wear Slave Rags for a second and make the Healing Powder he needs.
What's required is Stats and Skills like in Fallout that further differenciate every job, as well as the possibility to train and get better in those skills.

So a Centurion trying to farm would yeild almost nothing, but a Slave can produce large batches of plants for the entire camp. But the Centurion begins with much better combat skills and can defend the Slave better, making both valuable to each other intrinsically.
However if both can learn skills somehow (XP, training, books, whatever) the Slave can eventually be able to defend himself too and the Centurion can be a decent farmer if there's no one else around.

Different Wasteland Jobs could have starting equipment as well as a starting skill to use it, making them valuable additions to whatever faction they end up joining\helping as well.

respawn needs to be set to on

Badmin please restart the round as the vine bullshit made it a nightmare to go inside the vault

I was always against this in SS13 but it seems appropriate for Fallout.

Fallout13 is restarting now.

Why not just FOnline?
It has craft'n'shit'n'map'n'encounters'n'quests'n'faction_reputation

Except that you're nufags and want muh first babbeh's bad guys that did nothing wrong, heh

This game has been mentioned before so I think its about time I brought it up.
When I launched this server I was already working with ss13 server to reawaken that dead meme. A temporary server and thread was thrown up hosted on someones home computer. So I opened it up on my server. I had no intention of keeping this server online if noone came and they have. We hit a max of 20 players on one shift.

If people from fallout13 want to play a more fleshed out fallout they are more than welcome to hop to FOnline. until then we autism it up.

i ded plz restart

New round up.

Glad to see murderboning is alive and well.

Is respawning off?

Should be able to, I respawned ten plus times trying to reach the vault.

I'll give it a miss. SS13 with respawning, it doesn't sit right with me.
Half the fun is in that you get only one life, at least in my opinion.

The problem with no respawn in fallout13 is its way too easy to die and too much a pain in the ass to call escape. If there is no respawn we'll end up with playerless rounds full of ghosts.

Making them retarded would work just fine. They will drool a lot, act like retards, say asinine thing.

The only downside (if you can call that one) is that all the retards in the server will get butchered.

Raiders are raiders, you shouldn't force them to have a handy cap.

Hey OP, you should do rounds every weekend instead of 24/7.

Why's that?

Artificial Scarcity would certainly make for either fullass rounds or a total failure.
I don't think we should care about this that much though, at least not until we get a decent coder and begin fixing all the problems that f13 has at the moment

You again? Why don't you stop this "artificial scarcity" meme? There's only one example you can give of a server running like that and it's sucess has nothing to do with it anyway.
If you can only play on weekends that's your problem.

Players don't join up on weekends just because they couldn't play on the rest of the week.
They join because they like the other players and they like the server's features. That's all there is to it.
Artificial scarcity doesn't work anyway since there are other servers tha offer pretty much the same experience and Fallout13 isn't differenciated enough to counter that.

If the server owner wants more players, what he needs is coders working on the code and figure out exactly what kind of player is the majority so he can pander to them.

There are many types of SS13 players and you can make a server that appeals to an of them, even the murderboners. That's what Colonial Marines is, after all.
What you can't do is make a server that tries to appeal to everyone because they aren't compatible and will just piss off the server.

I'm a bit biased here and this is just my opinion. But I think you should focus on CO-OP between players. Working against PvE, building and farming, surviving and all that.
It suits a smaller playerbase better, it provides an experience you don't find in other SS13 servers and not only does the majority of players prefer that, those are the kind of people that sticks with a server for longer.

Apparently Toddstation reached 20 players. Might want to check that every now and then.

OH RIGHT I KNEW I WAS FORGETTING SOMETHING

XENO PRIDE STATION WIDE

Just play on /tg/, its really not that bad.

It's a station populated by people that think the Secborg and the AI are too OP and traitors can do literally nothing against them.
It's a station populated by people that can't do combat with anything that doesn't stun you.
It's a station populated by both roleplayfags and muderboners and this goes as well as expected.
It's a station filled with admin drama and metacliques.
It's a station filled with the Goons that couldn't stand Goonstation.

Yes, it's that fucking bad. With no exageration, I can tell you even Colonial Marines is a better station since at least it knows very well what it wants to be.

At least the Xeno didn't shove the ship into his bum

It's what i get for being a friendly raider.

The holotape in that building will always gib whoever plays it, take off everything you have if you hear Russian shouting
Fuck that holotape

The problem is, fallout13 is fun and all but it is sl alpha that I have seen people already powergame it to oblivion.

Where as in ss13 you atleast have more hoops to jump though to be almost invincible

Soon enough, if fallout13 doesn't actually get an established coder, I will be shutting it down. It can have 20 players all day long but without content people will get bored.
Even now since that 20 player spike we haven't hit 10.

I personally wasn't impressed with it. I found it boring as fuck.

Ok fallout13 is a bit boring now, lets go back to ss13. Is there a serb up yet?

What would work well is having the map be randomized somewhat, similar to how Lavaland is handled from /tg/ code. Set pieces that may or may not show up in random places. Would probably be a pain to code though

Remember when we still had Nel's YUROPserver?
Those were good times.

will you make a linux version please?

I'm hoping this is better than the normal SS13 that is always ruined by bad mods or trollels

how do you use wine to make this work?

I like the idea of vault life being PvE with PvP elements while outside the vault is cooperative PvP with elements of PvE . NCR vs Legion vs Raiders vs Mobs and all that jazz

Basically you have to set up a new wine prefix just for ss13, install some prerequisites using winetricks, and make sure you're using the latest version of BYOND.

appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=29560
The guide you want is under the "Updated BYOND Prefix Setup" entry.

If you're new to Linux, when you get to the part in the guide that calls for a bash script, literally all you have to do is paste that into an empty file and rename it to like, byond.sh or some shit and then run it. It will require you set the "executable" flag on the file. If you're using something like XFCE you can just right-click the file and open it's Properties, or you can do it from terminal with: chmod +x byond.sh

The ss13 server will be replacing the fallout13 server as of tomorrow.
Until people actively code fallout 13 it is dead in the water.

Until fallout13 comes out of alpha or we get our own coder it is being replaced by spacestation13, running newstatations codebase.

I will be working on making this a more stable codebase. aka I am removing koriath brand code from it and will be adding things the community wants.

shortly lived fame. Back to chucklefucking around in Robotics and Engi until some memer steals the gas-miner and murder bones the lot of us.