PS2 thread because fuck you

I just started playing SMT nocturne, I´ll eventually get around DDS and P3/4a but for now Im having a blast

Also I dont know If I should try out the remake of the first wild arms or just play the original, but Im going to leave that for later

what are you playing? how big is you backlog? any shit missing from this chart?

Were the other RPG's FromSoft made before Demon's Souls good? The one's I remember playing on the PS2 were Evergrace and Eternal Ring.

What the fuck technology ?

DMC3 is a masterpiece

Is it any good?

The chart is looking fine, though I think its missing some jap-only titles like pics related. I've mostly been playing FF12 on my CFW BC PS3, it looks surprisingly good in higher res. I'm doing a class challenge run, so far I'm not getting my ass handed to me (my old party did get wiped out causing me to reset a month or so ago. thats what happens when you don't have atleast one offensive mage).

Also whats the concensus on enhanced versions? The SEGA Classics (while Jap only) are pretty neat, though I already own most of them on my own SEGA consoles. The Saturn enhanced versions are surprisingly good. I'm talking stuff like Triggerheat Excelica and Galaxy Force 2.

Instead of waiting you could mod a PS2. They're dirt cheap.

I tried playing DMC1 recently and it feels so clunky compared to DMC3, it may be nostalgia since I played that one first, but I dont feel like finishing the first game, honestly

I think the lighting is kind of weird but I do like the powerups, the hub and being able to get that 1000th lum to satisfy my autism

i just dont understand how they fucked the optimization so bad. 60fps in most areas, 30 in some, 20-15 in parts.

I can recommend these three games.

evergrace was one of the first PS2 games to come out, its actually pretty fuckin decent, 2 different characters to chose from, 2 entirely different stories, decent difficulty although going back and playing today it lacks a lot of what it originally had when it first came out if that makes any kind of sense.

Eternal Ring is another decent gem, its first person so that already probably makes it pretty shit for some people, but its got a lot of content to it, something like the ability to create 150+ different rings that all have different effects, a special dungeon you can only get into with a holy ring you have to meme magic your way into finding before you go to far into the game or else you cant get back to the dungeon at the beginning of the fucking game… its got some issues,

but eitherway, they're two of my favorite PS2 games. and are some of the few games i can just throw into my PS2 and play without getting bored or tired of them.
they are also not that long maybe 4-5 hours each if you just plow through the game itself so its pretty easy pick up and play for a day kinda deal
i'd recommend them if someone was wanting something completely different from the normal spectrum of RPG games

They missed Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories, which is kind of weird since they have the first two games. I suppose that the PS3 releases have more stuff in them anyway though. CoM got a few extra cards from characters in the handheld game that 1.5 just had cutscenes of and the other three games are the Final Mix versions that never got released in the West, or at least America.

I don't have any room for one, and I couldn't even plug it on my monitor.

Both versions of Wild Arms 1 are pretty good in my experiences. However, there is a bit of an issue in that the PS2 remake isn't exactly a "definitive" version, as it has some non-game ruining bugs (not sure if it's also buggy in Japan or the US), the translation is about on par with the PS1 version (both have issues; the PS2 version clears up a few issues, but causes its own as well), and some people aren't fond of the combat going from the "Force is Primary Resource" mechanic to a mixture of elements from the prior entries (MP from WA1, mid-combat character swapping from WA2, and an evolution of the Personal Skills system from WA3). That said, it's still an enjoyable game if you ask me. The OST sounds great (Naruke got a chance to arrange the original tracks ffor a system with higher quality audio output, and there's also various newly created tracks like "G's Roar") and it's really nice to actually be able to see detail on what you're fighting compared to the early 3D the PS1 version has in combat, though the latter's graphics have their own charm.

It's really up to you which one you want to play. Take these if it it helps.

Shadow Hearts: From the New World. Wrapping up my trip through that series. Pretty enjoyable series if you enjoy JRPGs, though I certainly see how FtNW is hit or miss with series fans.

Huge. I only got the system a few years back, so there's a lot I still need to play.

Chart-user here, actually. Been meaning to do an update for it for a good while, but PS2 threads seemed to get a bit scarce. I'll see about getting one out later tonight.

Is that actually good?

well, i like it bu tthe majority doesn't like it.

Add this to the horror section please.

surprisingly good survival horror game considering its based on a tv show.

cool, I´ve been out for a while, can i ask you to repost some of your charts here? I lost my folder and most of the charts I collected

Im certain 9/10ths of anons who recommend it havent played it

Yo chart user whats the consensus on enhanced versions like the SEGA Classics that released in Japan?
It ported many Saturn exclusives I own both systems but I know the Saturn isnt particularly accesible with some graphical enhancements but leaving the overall games intact

Both King's Field IV and Shadow Tower: Abyss, the PS2 ones, are good.

For games released only in Japan, I try to keep it to ones that are playable without knowing moon (in that they're either heavily gameplay focused or have a translation guide online), or have an English patch. I'm not sure what the status is of those Sega games you mentioned.

I suppose that if it warranted, maybe making something like the pair of PS1 Moon-only Games infographics might be something to consider (someone some years back on halfchan made pics related). Not sure what the level of demand would be for them though.

I've seen some amount of liking for stuff like Evergrace and Forever Kingdom from anons (though I suppose with mainstream sites, they weren't all that well received, at least from what I remember), and there seems to be decent liking for the King's Field games. There's Shadow Tower and Shadow Tower: Abyss as well, the latter of which having been fan translated.

Also, while not PS2 (or Sony in general), I've seen a decent liking for the Lost Kingdoms games on the Gamecube, which are also From Soft developed RPGs.

So, would that maybe make it the Wild Arms 4 of it's series? I mean, I can't hate WA4 myself (it had enough I found enjoyable), but it's probably the weakest in the series and I can see why people aren't too fond of it.

As posted, there should be some in there, but I haven't given it a looking through just yet to see if people are posting the most recent ones or out of date ones.

I'll give it some consideration.

Most of the SEGA Classics are either arcade games, fighters or shmups so you dont really need to know jap to play. Chain Diver is pure action, little to no jap required. Espgaluda (shmup) and the fighting games I posted are on the same vein (I dont speak ant jap at all). Capcom X Namco is fan translated

Eternal Rings is good but too short
Evergrace is fucking jank. You can find it charming but it has no inherent qualities of its own.

I'll give them some consideration then. I also know that NxC, at least gameplay-wise, seems to be rather hit or miss, though a game being like that certainly hasn't kept me from putting other somewhat "love it or hate it" types of games on there if I know there's enough of a liking for it (otherwise stuff like Tales of the Abyss might not have been up there, given how divided the series fanbase is on that one). Still, it might be nice to see how other anons feel about it as a potential addition first.

Looking at my things to do, I have the following as potential additions. Might mention them now before putting them up to see what people thing, whether some shouldn't be put up, etc (these additions being from what I've seen other anons mention in prior discussions). Also open to what other people would like to see added beyond these.

Also planning to add more to the notes section for some stuff.