I'm not gonna lie I was ignorant on the significance of their name and the horror associated with it until today

I'm not gonna lie I was ignorant on the significance of their name and the horror associated with it until today.
and uh yikes.

From what I know cenk used to be it was a hoax camp when he was younger but gradually shifted his views when he got older. So…why go with this name?
Isn't Ana armenian and wouldn't the rest kind of take issue with the name?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OFBxKhADoYU
youtube.com/watch?v=nyC2lOlWFpA
tytnetwork.com/2016/04/22/rescinding-daily-pennsylvanian-article/
armenianweekly.com/2009/02/26/letter-just-say-‘no’-to-the-young-turks/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Ana is Cenks Armenian rape slave and Cenk himself has always dodged the question when it comes to his previous denial of the Armenian genocide. He has not come out himself and stated that it really happened.

This.

This, Cenk is a Ultra-nationalist that pretends to be a liberal. He funnels his money towards ottoman empire revivalist/tengri worshiping grassroots organizations in Turkey, in hope that in one day, the great empire will revive.

Remember if you are watching TYT you are funding the future kurd genocide.

It's more than that. Her family was actually affected by it.

youtube.com/watch?v=OFBxKhADoYU

youtube.com/watch?v=nyC2lOlWFpA

There was also another video where she answers questions and she talked about how her family moved to Syria because of the genocide but I cannot find it.

I used to watch them and think they told the gospel truth, I am ashamed to say. I was tired of mealy-mouthed, fuddy duddy MSM and they felt like punk rock suddenly took over the airwaves.

Now that I know better, I just watch Chairman Jimmy Dore and Kyle Kulinski, it's fun to hear someone attack the right with the same vitriol as Rush Limbaugh.

Not sure about that image tbh. He does his fair share of ID politics.

From the 1st video:
He wrote an article like 20 years ago when he was in college, back before anyone even knew anything concrete about that event. It wasn't until recently that there was good evidence that there was in fact an Armenian Genocide and Cenk almost immediately redacted what he had wrote 20 years ago and apologized. Hell he even vowed to not make any more commentary about it. His own news network has since gone on to cover multiple armenian genocide stories. Cenk isn't perfect. I'm not a huge fan boy of his or something. I really enjoyed watching Sam Harris take him to task in that interview. But this Armenian Genocide shit with Cenk is such a nontroversy it makes everyone who brings it up against Cenk seem like petty little cunts.

Where is Cenk's apology you turk shill?

Are we meant to just take your snake-ish words on the matter at face value?

Okay, but his Sam Harris is absolute shit

That was a YT comment. But you're correct, he hasn't apologised, just shifted from denying to ignorant, ignorant in public that is.
tytnetwork.com/2016/04/22/rescinding-daily-pennsylvanian-article/

Tbh I hadn't paid much attention to him before election night, I always only really tuned in for Cenk because he was a blowhard like Trump. Being a socdem was fun and innocent while it lasted.

This is really fucking pathetic.

I wish more people did that tbh

I wouldn't be surprised if you also think that those who imply that they don't know if the holocaust really happened refuse to comment on it also hold an acceptable stance.

Yes, actually. Because if you don't know than it isn't really an obvious truth, now is it? Being assured of your own faultlessness is always a bad way to go.

The genocide happened, period. To say gee I dunno man in 2016 is no longer innocence or ignorance. Denying in public is no longer acceptable, so he plays dumb. In 2009 same discussion
armenianweekly.com/2009/02/26/letter-just-say-‘no’-to-the-young-turks/
Doesn't bother to research, like a typical Turkish nationalist.

Today, I rescind the statements I made in my Daily Pennsylvanian article from 1991 entitled, “Historical Fact of Falsehood? When I wrote that piece, I was a 21 year-old kid, who had a lot of opinions that I have since changed. Back then I had many political positions that were not well researched. For example, back in those days I held a pro-war rally for the Persian Gulf War. Anyone who knows me now knows that I am a very different person today.

I also rescind the statements I made in a letter to the editor I wrote in 1999 on the same issue. Back then I had a very different perspective and there were many things that I did not give due weight. On this issue, I should have been far, far more respectful of so many people who had lost family members. Their pain is heart-wrenching and should be acknowledged by all.

My mistake at the time was confusing myself for a scholar of history, which I most certainly am not. I don’t want to make the same mistake again, so I am going to refrain from commenting on the topic of the Armenian Genocide, which I do not know nearly enough about.

Thank you for being patient with me on this issue, though I might not have always merited it.

Cenk Uygur

pretty meh, but i guess that's an apology

Hardly. Progressives see an apology, while deniers will not be shut out of the show. Similar to how Hollywood caters to different target groups by remaining ambiguous about a movie's ideology.

There's still the name. Sure young turks can mean several things but when one of them is associatied with genocide it's sort of in bad taste

I'm sure they're using the name in this sense rather than associating themselves with all the activities of the CUP.

Plenty of people like to call themselves "revolutionaries", but that doesn't mean they're courting an association with the Jacobin Club.

Turks are such fascist fucks, like what the fuck happened there for them to be so retarded