==FALCOM THREAD== (Ys, Trails, Xanadu, Brandead, etc)

==FALCOM THREAD== (Ys, Trails, Xanadu, Brandead, etc)

REMEMBER TO CHECK THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING STUFF (and yes, I should update the Ys guide ASAP)

LASTEST NEWS

Other urls found in this thread:

esterior.net/2016/08/musical-adaptation-of-sen-no-kiseki-to-run-from-182017-1152017/
twitter.com/nihonfalcom/status/766513838262849536
mega.nz/#!LBMzmAia!zrza3NeZmBDryO-8rgzCVkCNB-5QSKfvk3oD-boYGqk
mega.nz/#!HZ0QgaKb!zadljZ3mND48cGy8GY1GV3frxu6aYHZ70LECNgotzSk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's almost waifu time.

Hmmm my bday is in November so Cold Steel 2 would be a great gift.

How's Ys VIII?
Why the hell is Ys Seven written as Ys Seven and Ys VIII as Ys VIII? Fucking Falcom

Because Ys 7 was going to be a multiplatform game. There was going to be an original Ys 7 for PC and a totally different Ys 7 game for the PSP. But Falcom was forced to abandom the PC and they had to figure how to get out of that mess. Ys Seven was born that way.

Also Ys V's endgame sword appears at the beginning of Ys VIII. Fucking Falcom.

And out of that mess only the Chinese got a PC port? I suppose you just have to make do with what you have.

That's pretty impressive, considering nobody even cares about Ys V.

Well, Falcom has to remade that game… and the story was fucking great, it has potential to become a very very good Ys game. If Falcom turned Ys III into what Oath is, they could turn V into another great game.

But why are their heads clipping together?

O-oh.

When two people really love each others they deactivate clipping so that they be inside one another, that's how babies are born user, not that you would know you kissless virgin.

I couldn't live with the shame of grammatical errors.

it hurts.

Pretty sure it will be translated. You mean Azure?

No, Ys VIII

So I bought Trails of Cold Steel but today I read somebody who said that the story was almost the same as a previous Ys Game (never mentioned which one) and that the story was predictable (I don't know if he was baiting or not). What does he meant by that? Is ToCS as good as previous games of the saga?

Also, is there a translation for the PC version of the Gagarv Trilogy?

yes, but it's gonna take a very long time.

Probably spring 2017, unless it has a script as big as a Trails game… which I doubt.

ToCS is good but it got compared to Persona at some point so autists call it shit without playing it. :^^^^^^^^^^)

I heard it did, correct me if I'm wrong. Either way would 3 months of learning basic japanese should allow me to play the game with a better dub

HA HA HA HA HA

Fucking based.

Moe is __fine as long as it is kept as a side thing and an additional element to a game/animu

still no link to a MEGA archive with all Y's pc gems?

Spring 2017 isn't happening. The length between Ys Memories of Celceta in Japan and the west was 14 months, and Ys VIII is a lot longer with much more text.

I'm guessing the translation will be out late 2017 at the earliest. 2018 is more likely, considering we might have to wait until the PS4 version releases.

…By we, meaning folks that don't know Japanese. I already beat Ys VIII so I couldn't care less when it gets translated.

six months?

user… Forget about it and start learning Japanese like crazy. Then maybe by the next release you'll be able to play the game on Japanese.

Cold Steel adopted some extremely superficial elements of Persona and some people got triggered. In truth, pretty much every resemblance to Persona in Cold Steel is smoke and mirrors. A calendar is displayed prominently, but there's no time management element to the game at all. The story advances normally through events. You are students, but you basically do the same shit Bracers do, so it's pretty much the same there too. The only real element I'd say it borrowed from Persona in actuality was the ability to choose your love interest (even if it tries to shove you towards Alisa with the subtly of a sledgehammer sometimes). For everything else, it feels pretty much just like other Trails games. You'll even meet a few familiar faces.

two fucking years?

are you serious?

Hell, I got millions of games to play in that time. I just started playing the MM Battle Network games, I also got hundreds of games on my shelf untouched and thousands of games on my PC's Hard drive.

You're probably going to take longer than 2 years, realistically.

Japanese is LITERALLY considered the hardest language for native English speakers to learn.

Stop complaining and start learning, if only you had started earlier…

What's the point then? I might as well learn Chinese.

Don't make me post it.

DO IT

I DARE YOU

Never do business with a Chinaman

Fuck I think I only saved the last pic in the group, does anyone have the rest?

fuck you anons, that's not what I was expecting.

shit that's sooner than I expected

I wonder when XSEED is gonna send out review code?

That's because a large percentage of /v doesn't play games. They just see a few screenshots and judge a game.

The ONLY thing Cold Steel has in common with Persona is that the protags are students.

Oh and I played P3FES, P4 and Cold Steel.

bump

It really depends on how much time you have to put into study and being able to keep it up consistently. I had been studying on and off for a few years but didn't really get anywhere til I buckled down and forced myself to do at least a bit every day. After about half a year of doing that I tried to play Zwei!! and it sure as hell wasn't easy. A dictionary was mandatory, it was slow, and I probably had a good deal of stuff fly over my head but it felt awesome to finally get through something in Japanese. If you're thinking of how long it would take for you to play Ys 8 without having to look up stuff then yeah, it'll take a long time but it doesn't take nearly as long to reach a point where you can get through things if you're fine with taking it slow and pushing through some frustration.

But she isn't loli…

esterior.net/2016/08/musical-adaptation-of-sen-no-kiseki-to-run-from-182017-1152017/

What the FUCK

New arrange for The Decisive Collision?

Stage plays and musical are very popular in Japan

DEEPEST LORE

True story: they do Star Wars in Malaysian puppet theatre.

twitter.com/nihonfalcom/status/766513838262849536

I wonder if they're in order.
Steam spy says that Origin sold almost 240,000, and Ys I+II sold 160,000. Of course, this also means that Ys Celceta sold over 240,000 copies while Cold Steel sold between 240,000 and 160,000.

They aren't. Look, The Trails franchise sold 300k units on the West, remember? And FC has 200k on Steam. There's no way CS could have sold so much.

But who the fuck knows?

No I don't actually.

The lowest selling title I could find on there is Ys I+II and I remember Hatsuu saying the Ys MoC sold way beyond their expectations. I think it's safe to say the Cold Steel at least sold over 100K.

They confirmed the franchise sold thta much when they announced the 3rd

Maybe they were trying to be very vague by saying it sold over 300k. Remember, Xseed does not like giving out exact sales numbers. The series could have sold about 380k for all we know, or sales could have gone up since then, because of the release of CS II getting closer and closer.

Can you guys help me out with a OST question? What's the music that plays when you're exploring the Courgaeous in Cold Steel 1? I figured it would be: Crimson Wings − A New Wind, but it's not.

Embedded is a video showing that part. I tried to go through the whole OST but I couldn't find it.

Sonoda da god.

Oh man I never would have suspected it was a track from third! Goddamn, why does Falcom music have to be so good.

Shitty fan translation by people who have never played a Trails game soon, user. :^)

The Legend of the Lone Wolves Will Never Die

Also, good taste using that Iwasaki art.

The story's great if you've read the pre-production drafts and can ignore how it treats Dogi. In-game you see less than half of what Falcom planned. Ys V's gonna have so much material for a remake…I'm not sure Kondo will try the Celceta approach, instead doing this one more like Felghana in terms of faithfulness to the original.

lol

Another true story: they do all the above PLUS let their domestic cinema industry stagnate hopelessly. No love for someone like Kiyoshi Kurosawa over there anymore, maybe Koreeda or Kitano but both are way more popular overseas. All their great stuff that isn't shown at Cannes/Venice/Berlin/&c. appears at the Yubari film festival. It's depressing how they no longer value their movie history, let alone older manga/anime. Somehow there's domestic Blu-rays of more niche stuff coming out, so there's gotta be an audience buying it up.

A DRM-free version of Tokyo Xanadu leaked. I'm playing it right now, it's fun.

oh sweet

is it in english?

Wait what?

No, unfortunately. I'm using a guide since I can't read shit.

Some Chinese guy says he can decrypt vita eboots and he uploaded the game. It's probably more likely that he works at the company that is translating the game to Chinese and leaked it.

mega.nz/#!LBMzmAia!zrza3NeZmBDryO-8rgzCVkCNB-5QSKfvk3oD-boYGqk
mega.nz/#!HZ0QgaKb!zadljZ3mND48cGy8GY1GV3frxu6aYHZ70LECNgotzSk

You install the vpk then copy the contents of the zip to ux0:/app/PCSG00608/ with ftp.

Xanadu Next got another Steam Database update