Star Wars Vidya Thread

So, user, you wanna get your blood boiling? Well, do you remember all those canceled Star Wars games, due to Lucas being Lucas and other corporate BS? Well, it just so happens that there were more canceled games that haven't been spoken about, until recently.

Also:
Star Wars vidya thread.

I'm sorry, user.

Bounty hunter is fun

Lucas killed the Zombies franchise.

Wasn't the entire point of killing the entire extended universe, including all the games, and making them all non-canon to make the plot as simple as possible?
…then why the fuck are there entire chunks of the new movie that you can only find out the backstory of by reading the comic, and there's even that female stormtrooper character that is fleshed out entirely in the current extended universe and in the movie itself she doesn't even take her fucking helmet off?

What are the best of the Star Wars games? I've realized in spite of actually really enjoying the movies I've never actually played a single SW game besides a metric fuckton of Battlefront 2 Galactic Conquest

KoTOR and specifically KoTOR 2 if you're looking for plot. Just be sure to get the restoration patch for KoTOR 2.

Here are a few games:
Bounty hunter like what suggested.
Empire at War, if you want some SW strategy.
Republic Commando, if you want a squad FPS with some tactical elements.

Ops, wrong pic.

I'll be honest I just want gameplay, I won't be hurt if anything goes against the canon or anything.

If you're just looking for gameplay then KoTOR isn't so hot, unless you really dig RTw/P RPG systems. listed some good stuff aside of course from the excellent Battlefront games (except the new one of course, thanks >current year).

Also the whole Jedi Academy series is pretty banging if you want to just get insane at lightsaber duels.

He (>>10408210) already mentioned that he played BF2, that's why I never included them in the list.
Also, BF 2015 a shit, so it doesn't even warrant a recommendation.

Oh yeah, totally forgot he mentioned BF, my bad.

The entire point of killing the EU was to create their own PC-friendly EU and sell it all over again. Why sell to Star Wars fans when you can sell to casuals and Star Wars fans (since they'll buy everything anyway)?

(checked)
No problem, fampi.

I don't know anything about the EU of starwars besides one animated show that had some pretty sick battle scenes. I recall this one scene a badass stormtrooper took out like 10 aliens alone and it was kickass.

are the oldguard still buying shit after the blatant shit cash in that was aftermath? the announcement of thrawn in the rebels cartoon and a new book by zahn himself has got me interested, but the most it'll get out of me is pirating a few episodes and looking at a book review.

There was, and still is, a relatively small but completely autistic dedicated group of fans who bought a ton of books and comics and extras about Star Wars. You can identify one immediately by asking them if any average person can swing a lightsaber or not, and why- if they mention gyroscopic effects, they're one of them. Those fans made LucasArts a nice bit of cash over the decades, but Disney realized that they could just throw all that shit into something called "Star Wars Legends", write an entirely new universe instead, and sell it to both the grumbling old fans and the new casuals fresh off the Episode 7 boat. Killing a shitton of aliens is kickass no matter who does it though.

From what I hear they're divided among the people who try to pick out the stuff they don't mind (like that Lost Stars novel) and the people who have moodily accepted they're hopeless addicts.

I wonder if the Visceral game will be good, but they did hire on that uncharted woman to help develop it so I am apprehensive.

That's Amy Hennig.
She used to work in Crystal Dynamics writing shit for Legacy of Kain.
She used to be one of the best writers in the entire damn industry.

yoda you look like a scrotum with ears

I liked that Star Wars Rebellion. Simply yet elegant. Also it was fun to build multiple DS and gigantic fleets.

Lets see….

Dark Forces
Shadows of the Empire
Republic Commando

Rebellion
Galactic Battlegrounds
Empire at War + Forces of Corruption
Optionally, you can get some other game like Homeworld or Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion and slap a Star Wars mod on it

X-Wing
Rogue Squadron, but don't jump at the chance to play the third game unless you really want to play the second game in co-op

That's basically it, most everything else falls into mixed quality and isn't worth playing unless you're already a Star Wars fan

I thought I was fixated on Star Wars and I didn't know that. Then again, I don't particularly give two shits about the Jedi and I'm sure there are a couple Star Wars fans who don't care about the Jedi. It makes me wonder why most of Disney's stuff has been almost exclusively Jedi this, Jedi that more so than the Prequels

Best Star Wars games are mods for other games, like Galactic Conquest for BF1942.

I think you're referring to this scene.
user pls, you're triggering my autism

I knew normal people wouldn't be able to wield a lightsaber effectively, but I had no idea this was why. I'm a little disappointed in myself, I thought I was a star wars mega autist.

There are lots of mods for empire at war/forces of corruption as well. I would recommend thrawns revenge and republic at war for when you get bored of vanilla empire

I got a webm version as well

reminder that star wars games are automatically made better with the removal of jedi and sith shit

What if a good portion of the game's campaign is about removing jedi under the orders of sith?

Should Star Wars: Dark Forces be remaked or is fine like it is as a doom clone?

Disgraceful.

I tried them. My favorite was Ultimate Empire at War which tried to cram as much EU content of that era into the game and it was so well done that I couldn't even remember if some people like Thrawn or Booster Terrick were modded in or part of the original game and I somehow overlocked them. It even had a fully functional Eclipse which admittingly handled like shit. Then the modders got ambitious and tried to expand to practically every known era and the mod and the team just vanished a few years later.

These threads were just made to suffer

At least the Clone Wars series was good (Tartakovsky's Clone Wars were awesome, too)

LucasArts at its prime.

Making maps for this game was the shit. Too bad I lost them all.

Is F2P TOR worth trying at all? I know its full of shit but I've grown curious about it.

This is true, Jedi and Sith are surprisingly boring.

It's kinda decent old fun storylines.

I would advice to do it in the near future, went on the servers and there's like 10-20 people active, the game won't be around for long.

i wanna go back to that time. just experience those games for the first time again. ill come back, i promise

Don't remind me.

delta squad is canon!

Star Wars is owned by Disney now.

Don't expect a good SW game ever again.

I used to be into Star Wars but I left it behind.

At least we got Revenge but it's a bit too different from the original. It's not even people don't want prequel stuff, no one wants a racing game anymore