Diablo 2

Haven't played this before, currently playing through with a Paladin.

I'm really struggling in Act 3 Nightmare. My merc seems to be able to do massively more damage than me so I am barely killing anything compared to him. I'm doing like 200 - 300 damage with sacrifice level 20 and level 10 fanatacism.

Have zero risk of dying as I have 75% block and massive health pool, but this is turning into a slog and I bet it gets worse.

Should I respec or do I just have shit equipment?

Other urls found in this thread:

a.pomf.cat/ojutrx.dll
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Nigger what the fuck are you doing using sacrifice? Quit being a chump and use zeal instead, it is far superior.

Also keep in mind all of the +damage% from your skills will do nothing to improve elemental effects so look for a weapon with very high physical damage.

Nice, ok. Seems like Zeal synergies with Sacrifice anyway, so I will add 240% damage to Zeal straight away.

As the other user said, you should start skilling up zeal. It should have a good damage bonus because of its synergy with sacrifice.
If you still want a lititle more oomph, the act 2 offensive mercenary has might as it's aura.

Guys zealadin is absolute trash, don't waste your time.

You should play a necromancer if you are inexperienced

Going back to the topic, you should respec into zeal or vengeance, sacrifice is weak and dangerous to use. If you have 75% block and massive health your equpiment should be fine.

Zealadins are very gear dependant but if you get Grief or Death pretty much everything just melts away.

btw OP are you playing on ladder or offline? If you're not on ladder then you might as well gg and reroll necro

ALL physical damage characters are very gear dependent. It's why sorceresses are so popular, they are not very gear dependent, so you can stack MF on them. Also, innate teleport without having to trade for a likely duped Enigma.

Everyone is gear dependent but the end result of zealadins is not impressive at all.
Bear druids get humongous fire damage attacks.
Assasins drop multiple enemies at once.
Barbarians get huge damage or huge aoe.
Amazon get huge damage from range.

But zealadin is always:
tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap
Fighting a boss with that alone would feel like a chore.

Assassins are squishy as fuck, though. I tried building a Hell-viable kicksin with high-end runeword. It didn't go too well, I had to bench her, which sucked, because until Hell, the kicksin playstyle is fun as FUCK.

I'm confused, +20 Sacrifice would synergise +240% damage onto zeal, should I not keep that?

Fuck you and fuck those desynch faggots

Yes, you should keep sacrifice. You'll be pretty pillow fisted if you don't keep sacrifice maxed

In order of maxing skills for a classic Zealot:

Had some fun with a freezing zealadin. Being able to freeze everything and to break enemies into ice cubes really calms down those revivers, especially when the ice aura both gives zone damage for freezing everything and better crowd control and additional damage for your weapon.

But I enjoy nothing more than a Concentration Barbarian. Those defensive bonuses are huge, it gets magical damage from synergy with Berserk, and it is less equipment dependent than the others due to all of these passives (at worst, dropping some + to all skills on the stuff is enough).

In a game with so many unique shit and builds even if only a few for each character are worth for true end game and you choose the nigger. THE NIGGER. A PALADIN NIGGER.

Don't be a little fucking bitch and play ANY FUCKING CLASS ELSE and you'll enjoy the game more:

If you want a melee that is sturdy or that can take a bit of a beating, go Barbarian or Druid. If you just want melee but with more unique shit, Assasin.

And after finishing Diablo 2 jump into Torchlight

i meant as much zeal and fanatacism as your level will allow now
add sacrifice/holyshield later

How does the Berserk synergy work for damage calculation? Just "add physical damage / 5 as magical damage" when maxed out? Is that really worth it compared to another skill? Using Berserk itself is contrary to playing with max defend.

The only drawback of this otherwise perfect game.
Say I want to play it again, what version do I torrent? The latest one I can find? Or there is some earlier one that is considered the classic one? I remember there were some drastic changes to the game across the years.

Just the magical damage boost. And while Berserk is useful as itself too (because you'll prefer kill enemies with one Berserk hit than with 10-15 minutes of hitting normally), the synergy allows you to just stay with Concentration outside of particularly resistant physical immunes.

Yeah but is that how the damage is calculated too? So 1000 total physical damage with Concentrate gets an additional 200 magical damage for example?

That's it.

You want the latest patch, makes it run better on newer machines. 1.14a I think it is

All off-weapon enhanced damage is calculated additively. This includes skills, auras, off-weapon equipment ED (like the Fortitude RW) and strength/dexterity bonuses. This also applies to non-physical damage, such as damage bonuses from Berserk or, say, Vengeance. In that case, you basically take base weapon damage and multiply it by the % magical damage bonus. Since, as far as I know, there are no items in the game that give +x% magical damage, the only sources of such damage are skills like Necromancer bone skills, Berserk, Paladin's Holy skills (vs Undead only), Blessed Hammer (which is weirdly enough boosted by the Concentration aura) and the Sanctuary aura (vs Undead only). And out of all these, only Berserk works off base weapon damage, converting its physical component into magical damage.

Just get something with enormous physical damage and use zeal.
Also consider playing as a class that isn't literally the most boring shit to ever grace this planet

Get Black and crushing blow bosses to death.

It's on 14.4d now.

what is even the point of playing ladder/bnet as opposed to LAN/hamachi/singleplayer? besides autism, I mean.

just epeen/autism, lan is always better.

There's no d2multires for that new patch, is there?

He's on Nightmare he is going to go down like a little bitch once certain enemies show up. This happens regardless of which class you pick.

D2Multires hasn't been updated for anything after v1.12a.

I play Diablo 2 in a window (add -w to the shortcut target) and lower my desktop resolution to 1280x720, so the window appears bigger on my monitor.

It almost makes Blizzard look like good guys.

It's more like life supporting a patient in coma than proper updating.

You're talking about Grim Dawn.

If you didnt like Titan Quest, you wont like Grim Dawn and I didnt like any of em
Path of Exile has many problems like any MMO F2P has, excessive grind, updates that fuck your characters…
Torchlight 2 is Diablo 2.5 with a different aesthetics, now if you add Steamworkshop if you can't into mods, you can easily install a fuckload of mods to change the gameplay constantly. It's always fun to play it for me since you can choose so many mods that change so much.

It's a single player game with multiplayer option, I don't think games like that can die or go into coma or anything. Well maybe when all copies are lost and it's impossible to play it anyhow anymore.
Same for online and multiplayer games - they truly die only when it's physically impossible to play them.

Hey, I hated TQ but absolutely loved Grim Dawn.
Fuck you.

It has. There's a .dll for v1.13c. I'll post it later since its on my laptop.

Exile is grindy as fuck, I'll give you that, but I felt there was a faster progress in terms of power with its gem system than with Torchlight.
It's like, give me an hour and I'll be leaping and shooting ice out of all my orifices in exile, whereas one hour in Torchlight feels like I just have 2 skills with +5% something or other.

That's neat. v1.13c was the last major patch in regards to gameplay.

They cut support for modders and just leave the game with the occasional update.
It's what made most of their servers wastelands and what lost them dota.

I think life support is the only correct wording.

Which game from this style should i play first?

a.pomf.cat/ojutrx.dll

I believe this requires loading via PlugY.
A section in your PlugY.ini should look like this:
[GENERAL]ActivePlugin=1ActiveLogFile=0DllToLoad=D2MultiRes_113c.dllDllToLoad2=ActiveCommands=0ActiveCheckMemory=0

If I'm not mistaken, this was a kind of hacky update to D2MultiRes so it may not have as much compatibility with other mods.

Best patch is 1.09. 1.10 and up just make 90% of the builds useless so you're forced into playing cookie cutter builds unless you can twink near BiS items to make the non cookie cutter builds work. Shit sucks.

As someone who don't follow D2 all too well, what did 1.10 did that gimped the other builds?

1.10 introduced skill synergies and rebalanced the entire game, especially in NM and hell. In 1.09 and below, almost every skill had a practical application and a build could be centered around almost every attack skill except stuff like Firebolt and Poison Explosion. And if you played well and had decent gear, those builds were viable and you could clear Hell by yourself at a decent pace. It wasn't as fast as cookie cutter builds, but when you were tired of throwing out Blessed Hammers on your Paladin, you could swap to your Poison Dagger Necro or your Firewall Sorc and have some good fun.

With 1.10, most of those special snowflakes build were made useless because they had shit synergies and the greatly increased monster stats meant that they killed stuff so many times slower than cookie cutter builds that it just wasn't worth it.
One example I'm familiar with and can still remember is Poison Dagger. In 1.09, a PD Necro could clear a pack of monsters with 1 stab each and clear boss packs with 2-3 stabs each. In 1.10, it could take 4-5 stabs to kill a normal mob in Hell, even with decent gear. And it was the same for every other build out there that doesn't qualify as cookie cutter. Also, a lot of obnoxious runewords were introduced in 1.10+, which just further amplifies the difference between cookie cutter builds and non standard builds.

Zeal with a good weapon like Grief will be killing an enemy with every tap. And is the second fastest way to clear Uber Tristram (frenzy barb can kill the bosses there sightly faster, but zealadin has better survivability, making the zealadin generally better overall).

But 1.10 let you buy mana potions.