Fallout13

Revitalizing ss13 on hatechan edition

Somebody needs to set up a new serb because i do not know what i am doing

Code here : github.com/PahomLancer/Vault-113-Restoration.

Temporary test serb here :
127.0.0.1:22338

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/PahomLancer/Vault-113-Restoration.
pastebin.com/FNgyH23a
strawpoll.me/11009464
8ch.net/v/res/10410690.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

this is an 18+ website

What happened to 5-12?

Where is the original OP?

pls be gentle, i have no idea how to set up serb

who knows? been days since the last ss13 thread.

Newstation is still up-and-running, they just stopped making OPs for some reason.

Newstation is at byond://74.91.121.114:7777

That said, OP, newstation management seems to be pretty AWOL seeing as how they stopped making threads here, so feel free to make your own server. What codebase do you have in mind? Newstation is hatestation updated, but it might be bad form to just lift the current-running codebase to fork your own station without any changes.

Someone needs to setup the new fallout13 codebase for us, its a nice change of pace from ss13 and i think it could bring back players.

Okay, yea, just do fallout13.

What problems are you having? If you're hosting on your own box, you won't get very far.

Don't know how to set up a server, know jack shit about byond code. Will just have to wait to see if some user wants to do it.

Byond makes it easy, all you need to do is set up the dream daemon with a compiled codebase and launch.

I can't host because I don't have a dedicated server to do it off of, if I tried to everyone that joined would have massive lag.

Stupid frogposting shit

Need someone with a dedicated serb then

Oh fuck no, it's going to be people shitting through walls isn't it?

I can set up a server if you faggots want. I got one right here.

Set it up then fam

Give me 30 minutes.

Reddit cancer

Until someone gives me the fallout13 codebase, I'm just going to use bigslice's current code right now.

Until then, here is the cool ip byond://104.128.230.217:2727
go have a blast i suppose

github.com/PahomLancer/Vault-113-Restoration.

fucking hell, you need to put period after but hotlink doesnt do it

oh okay thanks

If you set up a fallout13 serb you should make a new thread with a better OP and give your adress and newstations

That's because there's a period on the end of that URL and 8ch doesn't parse a suffixed period on a URL.

'blackjack3186' can't into making repos because that's a shit repo name, PahomLancer just forked it…

When you do get the server running, actually moderate it.
There were a handful of players that killed the old station, Holla Forumsfaggots who thought they had the right to murderbone anyone who they didn't deem aryan enough.
Alien players who would kill their own allies.
Captains who gave the death penalty to people despite having a lawyer AND all evidence being on the word of someone else.
Also several faggots talking on TS or mumble and working with each other.

On top of all that many people kept playing roles they had no idea how to play and seemed to refuse to look up guides on SS13 wiki.

pastebin.com/FNgyH23a

How about you guys wait six months before trying to revitalize anything involving this game? Especially since the bullshit involving gitgud is still fresh in people's minds.

I don't know about the Git Gud drama, but to me the serb died because of shit players murderboning, there were two specific players who would meta-game and work on finding a reason to kill everyone in the station.

Also changeling, traitor, syndi, and others barely ever worked or triggered.
Joined many games without an antag who was alive and only ONCE did I actually get traitor of any kind.

You didn't play on hatestation very often then.

Yea yea, we get how salty you are about gitgud. Nobody cares anymore.

Learn from history, or repeat it. Trying to speak on everyone's behalf won't lend your point of view any credit either.

As if there is anything to learn from one user literally being unable to stop stroking his hateboner.

Another gitgud comes along, we deal with it the same way. Your salt is your problem.

The rest of us will go ahead and make a new server without cowering in fear of some hypothetical boogeyman.

every time, why say anything about it at this point?

how the hell do I undo the safety on a gun?

The only one stroking a metaphorical dick here is you. If I'm the one with the hateboner for gitgud, you're the one with the full on loveboner for him. I don't think you'd be defending him to this extent if that weren't the case.
There's that speaking for everyone thing again.
Now you're going full retard. Not once have I brought up anything in a hypothetical manner. The shit that went down was real, it happened. Nothing about those events were hypothetical. Why would I suggest keeping ss13 threads on hold for a while over a hypothetical event that already occurred?
If you can point out, in this thread, how anything I've said has either outright stated or implied a hypothetical situation then I'll gladly stop posting and not bring it up again.

Yea, those rhetoric lessons from Holla Forums aren't doing you any favors, champ. You don't decide when its okay to make ss13 threads, we do. Your sperging about hasn't done anything but make you look like a complete idiot and discredit your stance even further. We don't want to talk about gitgud anymore, get that through your thick fucking skull, being obstinate doesn't make you right.

every time, why say anything about it at this point?====every time, why say anything about it at this point?====every time, why say anything about it at this point?====every time, why say anything about it at this point?====every time, why say anything about it at this point?====every time, why say anything about it at this point?====every time, why say anything about it at this point?====every time, why say anything about it at this point?====every time, why say anything about it at this point?====every time, why say anything about it at this point?====every time, why say anything about it at this point?====every time, why say anything about it at this point?====every time, why say anything about it at this point?====every time, why say anything about it at this point?====every time, why say anything about it at this point?====every time, why say anything about it at this point?====every time, why say anything about it at this point?====every time, why say anything about it at this point?====every time, why say anything about it at this point?====every time, why say anything about it at this point?====every time, why say anything about it at this point?====every time, why say anything about it at this point?====every time, why say anything about it at this point?====every time, why say anything about it at this point?====every time, why say anything about it at this point?====every time, why say anything about it at this point?====every time, why say anything about it at this point?====every time, why say anything about it at this point?====every time, why say anything about it at this point?====every time, why say anything about it at this point?====every time, why say anything about it at this point?====every time, why say anything about it at this point?====every time, why say anything about it at this point?====every time, why say anything about it at this point?====every time, why say anything about it at this point?====every time, why say anything about it at this point?====every time, why say anything about it at this point?====every time, why say anything about it at this point?====every time, why say anything about it at this point?====every time, why say anything about it at this point?====every time, why say anything about it at this point?====every time, why say anything about it at this point?====every time, why say anything about it at this point?====every time, why say anything about it at this point?

Just make a server and let's see what happens

You fuckers, stop calling it a "serb" that shit is so fucking retarded. It's like saying "spoopy" instead of "spooky". It reads like a fucking elementary schooler trying to avoid typing a bad word.

Todd is just a visionnary.

byond://104.128.230.217:2727

When this thread dies we'll make a proper OP. Long live Fallout13!

Not sure if serious or ironic shitposting.

Okay, well, if you aren't even going to put any effort into it now then consider yourself filtered.

See you next thread.

SS13 drama is the gift that keeps on giving.

I'll join the server later

Alt+click

Lel. Gitgud has been gone for months, same with everyone involved in Hate and you guys still bring them up.
They fucked up, but they weren't the main issue. If they were, Newstation would have 30+ playercount.

Now those guys are gone, Hate is gone, and Newstation is around. But shit is still the same.
Hence, the problem is still around. Hence, there is a problem, and the more you keep shouting "ITS DAT FAGGIT GITGU" the more you keep the problem alive.

As for my opinion (and it's just that, an opinion) it's a matter of diferent tastes. Can't really speak for the playerbase of Hate, I only played a few rounds there. I do remember Pizza though.
And what I remember was that we had people who wanted slower rounds. They didn't want random killing/lynching, and *SOME* focus on the roleplaying aspect of the game. Personally, it's what I want too, since combat in ss13 sucks 5 ways till monday.

Now what we had were other players who liked the deathmatch aspect of it, the combat how the fuck does someone like this shitty combat and the 4chan tier memes.

Both paradigms have a right to exist. But they will NEVER coexist. Either pick one, or pick none.
Well, there you have it. The players picked none.

Also, let me be the Devil's advocate for a moment here I didn't see Gitgud online a lot so I might be missing some info though
Gitgud, Koriath and Doubleplus were, for lack of a better word, autistic. Maybe medical autistic too. And quite frankly? That would be something that we needed. Because you need someone really fucking dumb and really fucking autistic to not only keep a server up but also code in this shitty pascal/half-assed C that BYOND uses.

Now, from the pics people posted, I'll agree that Gitgud might have been TOO autistic (quite a feat, when you think about it).
But whoever is running Newstation clearly isn't autistic enough.

Whoever hosts next, make sure it's some Minecraft-tier autist, or shit won't last more than a month.

By autism I mean dedicated though. Even though they were dedicated to shit, you gotta admire people who polish shit everyday and take pride in it.

wew

Sweet jesus

i hate you'll niggers so much. clinging to autistic shit that happened a year ago on a small autistic spaceman server on a small autistic imageboard is the gayest niggerfaggotry. doubly so when it's obvious everyone just wants to like, play game. i dont give a fuck who hosts as long as the ruleset isn't draconian and there's players.

will play when my ping is stable.

ded serb?

yes, didn't lasted long.

Hol up, there's a Fallout-themed fork of SS13? Holee shieet, sign me up!

What's the ruleset like?
The screenshots seem interesting, but if it's anything like Fallout online, I think I'll dodge some cyka-filled game and go play something else.

Its early in development and really buggy. That said, it basically killed colonial marines because now all the kids go to play ghetto fallout 4 instead.

whatever we decide, need a stable server first. the public version is more medium rp, so you have to roleplay if you want to do anything, i would imagine we would be low rp and raiders/legion would be kill or be killed on sight.

can we just play SS13?

What are you trying to communicate?

why these things are allowed?

Must be why colonial marines is deserted.

byond://74.91.121.114:7777
NEWSTATION IS STILL FUCKING UP

Why has nobody pointed
out to OP.

It's actually 192.168.1.1
trust me

It's up, but it's barren

Well, if OP doesn't have a fixed serber or a resident coder, I might cobble something up. Keep the thread bumped in the meantime.
I'm gonna read the code and see what's in/what's not.

Give it up.
Gitgud killed hate, but the dramaposters killed Newstation.
Bigslice was warned and he didn't care. And who can blame him?

op here

Please do my friend

literally the first post

Is vore code in?

You again, FUCK.

well?

Also on a serious note, is Newstation dead? I'm the only one there and shit's empty looking.

Nigger, both vore and citadel are open source. Go make your own if you want it that bad.

I mean shit, Vore specifically has switched to a freeform vore system, so you can just stuff fuckers up your nose if you want to.

To be honest, no idea. I played some rounds when it was 20+
and then stopped.

This Fallout thing could be ideal for a smaller playerbase to dick around until we get more players.
So far looks kinda barren and without a lot of feateures, but that means we coyld slwoly build our own.

Haven't seen it anywhere, but does it have stats? Fallout with no stats would be just worng. Or fallout 4

I have been and always will be fucking with you on that one.

You could put stats in via a pre-game menu, which determines what you can do, how fast you can run, what you can build, how far you can see, etc.

Limited point system, maybe around 40.

Anyone wanna raid Paradise?

more spec for me balddie

they have 62 players

It was 8 players when I checked a few hours go.

Fucking amerifats shitting up lobbies

Its literally the same autists doing the same shit the entire time

It's dead because it was memed to death by everyone saying it was dead. 14 different ckeys joined today.

I don't mind running a different base but we really do need a coder that isn't trash. That rules me out.

t. server master

MY FAVORITE EPISODE

I dont understand why people dont just play on tgstation

IM BANNED

There's no thread for SS13 in /tg/

new /tg/ is trash

strawpoll.me/11009464

welcome to ss13

8ch.net/v/res/10410690.html

reminder that we are here now

I'm banned.

Heh.

I don't see the problem.

tfw no aliums

Alright chucklefucks, reply to me if you're interested in someone hosting Hatestation, /tg/station, Paradise or whatever.

Old Rules will apply, no metagaymin, no murder without instigation.

No AI, nerfed borgs, atmospherics nerfed so far into the ground that it isn't worth playing.

New round is up
Be here or be square

It also has its share of shitmins who adminbus regularly but will ban you from security roles for killing a shitter beating other officers to death.

Feels good man, I love bringing harsh justice to TG since theres so many constant shitters/powergamers that you can make cry like children just by shutting them down at every turn.

Shit admins trump a shit player base. The autistic are not meant for positions of power.