Will This be the new DmC?

Will This be the new DmC?

Fuck you

no, at least DmC had gameplay even if it was shitty.

only if there is a mexico mod

What's the odds God of bore will be so melodramatic. It's unintentionally funny?

its going to be RYSE 2 Electric Boogaloo.
no fun allowed

I hate DmC with burning passion, yet I'd still played it instead of any GoW games, never mind this reboot piece of shit.

It's not a reboot. It's a sequel without numbering.

Are you retarded, Sony fans will lap this shit up something chronic.

I wouldn't even be surprised if Capcom re-rebooted DMC to be something like this. Instead of action it would be more of a RPG TPS with a big focus on story… that story would be Vergil taking care of an 8 year old Nero and Nero coming to terms with his sexuality. Dante would also be gay.

Nice joke

Fuck no, it's nowhere near as edgy.
Also
End your life, OP. It's not fucking hard to mirror shit.
a.cuntflaps.me/bmwsdi.mp4

also, funny side note. You can mod the fuck out of Skyrim to look and play exactly how the new God of War does (or at least looks to play anyways). I kid you not. I'll post a video with similar mods as an example.

what?

even gow has more fluid animations than this shitty mod.

nah, I disagree and think they are equally shit, but the new GoW has no excuse to look as bad as it does unlike a fan made mod.

webm

this video is ok

I think all devil may cry games from capcom were supposed to be resident evil games

you need to get your eyes or your brain checked

yeah, this IS retardation beyond down syndrome

or perhaps you just can't see how mediocre the animations are through all the blur.

No. That's Dead Rising 4, which is another Capcom title.

That looks fucking awful.

yep, and it's all I could think about when they showed the new gameplay for GoW. I mean, I get why they are trying to rip the whole Last of Us thing. The game was successful with a ton of praise(though it was undeserved), but where the fuck did they get the idea for the combat? What even is that combat?

fuck that'd've been cool

why aren't there more grumpy old men PCs in games?

I did enjoy GoW 1 and 2, but I can see its problems. This won't be DmC though. GoW is nowhere near as beloved compared to DMC.

I'm waiting for Nintendo to hire telltales game to reboot Earthbound for a new generation.

I think the camera work is better in vigilant

They did it. They fucking made GOD OF WAR into a walking simulator. That camera prevents the game from being action based. It forces 1 on 1 fights.

I thought it was impossible, but they did it.

When I wished vidya to be the 8th art I did not mean this. This shit is becoming interactive movies. Where are the clutch moments of tension and difficulty? This is the type of game that people who don't like vidya plays.

Fear not, Holla Forums, it is only a matter of time that the pendulum swings back. And I will be the first in line.

Gritty Ape Escape reboot when?

This is the same feeling I got from it, and sadly people who don't like videogames are currently the ones most willing to pay for what the current videogame industry makes.

They're developing it in Milwaukee right now bud.

No because DmC had gameplay, also stop shilling your shitty fucking Youtube channel

jesus fucking christ

how's god of war 3 and ascension? my brother's ex wife's kid has a ps3 and he would let me play it to the end

Friendly reminder Sony handed God of war to the DEVs behind order 1886

The same fat princess DEVs who apologized for fat shaming

whoa shit stop
GoW 3 is pretty fun, but it's very cinematic in taking away your control to have you beat up a colossus; the weapons are all fun and there are some legit hard segments, but it's still a mindless slasher with a blood engine that wasn't delved into further until bloodborne.

So when are they going to apologize for Kratos' son being white?

what used to work in terms of gameplay, mechanics, and storytelling for the ps2 will not work in 20-16

They are probably going make him gay to make up for his whiteness.

GoW3 is good and definitely worth playing through. The combat in 3 is much deeper than it's given credit for, the enemy/boss variety is good and the puzzles are pretty creative. It's also genuinely difficult, especially on the hardest difficulty. The Cerberus miniboss with the two Satyrs before Zeus on the hardest difficulty is legitimately one of the most difficult segments of any game this decade so far.

Ascension is alright, but it feels like it was intended to be multiplayer only before the devs decided to slap on a story out of nowhere. It takes place before the first game and was meant to explore Kratos before he became Hellbent on revenge as he is in 1, 2 and 3, but it's very underdeveloped in that regard. He also is meant to be less skilled at this point, but their method of conveying this was to limit your moveset to just the Blades and to cut you off from certain moves until you did a big combo without getting hit. It's a good concept that would've encouraged the player to play better, but it was quite poorly executed. The multiplayer was incredibly good, but I doubt it's very active now.

In short, play 3 and only play Ascension if you want to.

who remembers early promo material where they were talking about how there were gonna be cool tesla inspired weapons and shit in it and cool physics

The same guys made fat princess? But wasn't that actually a game instead of a shitty movie?

wouldn't be surprised if the team has swapped out lots of staff members by now

I don't think there's anything to say about this that hasn't already been said. It's blatantly obvious what the problem is, now we just wait for more reasons to shit on this.

Fat Princess was an awkward combination of a Moba game and an RTS game.
While gameplay was present, it was every bit as dissapointing

Way to be a fag, OP.

they were tough you underage faggot jesus fucking christ , summer is strong this year.

check up on the first dmc game you fucking nigger

Holy shit.

I hate that shit so fucking much.

Why did unnumbered sequels have to become a trend? It's so damn obnoxious.

Take a hit you faggots

So that when people search for the game, they only results for the new one, not the original.

So it literally only exists to confuse search engines?

It became a thing because people are more likely to buy something with a name they recognize but less likely to buy a numbered entry when they haven't played the earlier installments. If this had been called God of War 4 even though it shares no relation to 1-3 and will almost certainly be entirely "playable" without having any experience with the others some fraction of people would still think "well I should probably play 1-3 first" and they'd put off buying it and eventually forget about it because of that. Remove the number and you still get the brand recognition but that portion of people isn't going to think "Well I should probably play God of War before I play God of War".

confuse is the wrong word to use because they literally pay for search algorithm priorities.

Why in the fuck would they do that? I understand that the game was in production for a few years by now but you think after The Order completely bombed that they would hand development over to a different studio. I seriously can't understand why unless all they want to make is a tech demo, because as a game it looks like complete shit.

sauce?

Money. To ditch the current dev and hand the game over half done to another team who doesn't know what the fuck has been done/is left to do is prohibitively expensive.

I guess, but this game already looks expensive enough. The visuals look beautiful but you probably can't go anywhere but a straight line, there are only two enemies max, it makes me wonder who pitched this and how it got greenlit.

criminally7 unchecked dubs of truth

IT'S NOT A GAME SCRIPT, IT'S A SCRIPT

And that came from the mouth of the beast itself

Why is Rageaholic so hated over here, i could never nderstand that, the guy has shit taste but he is hylarious and he always shits in the right direction towards SJWs

The only explanation I have is that Sony wanted another God of War game, but this was the only studio they could get to do it. The reason it looks like The Order 1886 is due to them reusing every asset from it possible so they can put out a new HD+ plus title in less than 5 years.

It seriously took them 4 fucking years to make The Order.

He's on youtube. He's an e-celeb. Also he doesn't completely drink the Holla Forums kool-aid, so that doesn't help.

Did they just spend those 4 years retexturing the environment constantly?

The operating word that makes him retarded is "all DMC games were going to be Resident Evil." DMC1 was going to be RE4, but 3 and 4 as RE?

Completly redundant and irrelebant point, If people did not made money out of youtube videos they wouldn't be able to live out of producing content for it and improving in their avility to do so
Why do people here act like basic capitalism is bad?
Also
How the fuck would you expect him to signalboost any inconvenient information for (((them))) if he did not belong to a plataform like Youtube?

I wouldn't be so sure about that
Regardless of his real Holla Forums power level, he sitll produces vanilla level redpills usefull for spoonfeeding normalfags, he may not be as good at it as Black Pigeon Speaks but he is certainly funnyer in doing so and he doesn't tackles political issues that often either, he sticks mostly to entretainament media, wich is part of the cultural war

Basically, you are bitching that he is not a general and throwing him under the bus without realizing you are discarding a usefull Storm Trooper who actually hits the targets when he shoots

Not sure what proper ancient greek for 'fuck you' is but here are some other ones

βάλλ' εἰς κόρακας" throw yourself to the crows
ΑΝΑΣΕΙΣΙΦΑΛΛΟΣ a promiscuous woman; one that dangles a penis [ ανασεισίφαλλος = ανασείω + φαλλός]
ΒΔΕΩ fart [βδέω = βρωμάω]
ΓΛΩΤΤΟΔΕΨΕΩ using the tongue
ΓΥΝΑΙΚΟΠΙΠΗΣ peeping Tom[ γυναικοπίπης = γυναίκα + οπιπτεύω]
ΔΡΟΜΑΣ prostitute that walks the street [δρομάς = δρόμος]
ΕΣΧΑΡΑ a woman's genitalia [εσχάρα = από το ρήμα ίσχω (εμποδίζω)]
ΕΥΠΥΓΟΣ a woman with a nice behind [εύπυγος = ευ + πυγή ]
ΚΑΣΣΩΡΙΣ whore [κασσωρίς = από το κάσις (αδελφός, εταίρος)]
ΜΥΖΟΥΡΙΣ a woman that sucks a penis[μύζουρις = μυζάω + ουρά (πέος)]
ΠΗΘΙΚΑΛΩΠΗΞ a cunning man (slimy cunning) [πιθηκαλώπηξ = πίθηκος = αλώπηξ]
ΡΩΠΟΠΕΡΠΕΡΗΘΡΑΣ a man who keeps on spewing nonsense
ΗΔΟΝΟΘΗΚΗη: a woman's genitalia
ΚΥΝΤΕΡΟΣ: someone without shame, a good for nothing person[> κύων]
ΛΕΧΡΙΟΣ slimy [ > λέχριος (λεχρίτης)]
ΛΥΔΙΑ whore (Roman times, apparently because many high end prostitutes where from that region).
ΛΟΧΜΗ: bushy woman's genitalia [> λόχμη (θάμνος)]
ΣΠΟΔΗΡΙΛΑΥΡΑ: ass eater[σποδή (καταβροχθίζω) + λαύρα (απόπατος)]
ΧΑΛΚΙΔΙΤΙΣ: a very cheap whore, one that will do it for a copper

ty

There is only one DMC.

holy fuck kill the devs, bring me back the braindead ultra violence because you know what that was enteraining

It's really not that great.

Can't have anything be fun or entertaining anymore because "The definition of games has changed"

If by that you mean the worst game in the series, sure.
And i'm a hardcore fag for GoW, i own every game of the serie.
GoW 3 feels rushed, unsatisfying, and ultimately like the devs were forced to not have fun with the plot cause they had to end the zeus storyline .
The most fun i had on it was the emeral thing of perspective but it doesn't last much and feels like other games of the series so it's painful to see a highlight of what could have been.

Well unless the definition of solvency has also changed they better cut this shit out if companies want me to purchase their stuff.

Why cant we have both mindless hack and slash and le art indie shit? I liked inside and GoW 1

double dubs, nice

its incredibly frustrating though, i love "character action" games the best, if we want to use that lingo. i want a bunch of enemies thrown at me and i want a bunch of moves at my disposal to fight them with, NG, DMC, and GOW are all games i find incredibly fun and now its hitting me how much of a beating this genre is taking right now

an no one seems to have noticed how ultraviolence was quietly watered down over the years despite everyone saying "oh violence in games isn't actually that bad" but how often do you see gibbing, decapitation, injuries instead of insta-death, and blood stains on the environment anymore?

i don't know why the fuck casuals even like these walking-exposition games because you can't even skip those story elements if you're uninterested in them, it murders replay value and keeps you from the FUCKING GAME PART OF THE GAME

I seriously hope the game industry is going through a phase right now that'll end in a few years.

Video games are art. The art in video games comes from Gameplay not cinematic.

Unfortunately, a generation of Hollywood B-movie rejects decided to cash in on the growing game industry in the west sometime starting in the mid 2000s. And what's more unfortunate, new cinematic games sell easily because cinematic are just easier to advertise to consumers.

Hopefully the current generation of consumers can see what the west is doing to games as a medium and when they grow up to join the industry they don't make the same mistakes this current generation of developers is making.

I'm not even mad at the game devs, or the consumers even. I'm mad at modern game journalism that gives cinematic games an automatic 10/10 when in reality their stories and presentation themselves would be b-list in Hollywood and the gameplay is nonexistent. It is game journalists that, instead of being truly critical of games and saying "This would make a much better movie, 5/10" they insist on making the term "10/10" completely meaningless and lower the standard for everyone. Journalists don't care about the damage they do to the industry as long as they get their paycheck at the end of the day.

No? What made DmC so spectacularly fucking awful was how much Ninja Theory seemed to hate the series and all of the fans, and how the press sided with them instead of the fans, even to this day.

Not to mention the technical faults of the game were just shrugged off until the game sold like shit and they released a new version that fixed the same technical issues they defended, like how Microsoft flip flopped on the kinect being mandatory for the XBONE after saying they couldn't just flip a switch and make it non-mandatory

Let me know when the devs behind this start doing that.

That said, this looks fucking awful. Why the fuck did they change the camera? You can just tell you're not going to be doing any action, or any fights with large crowds of enemies. So…what the fuck is the point? People play GoW for the action.

Why the fuck is Kratos taking care of a kid that isn't his? What cuck wrote this script?

don't call video games art because it fools people into thinking that "Artsy" things are good. video games are a craft, its like making furniture or a mechanical item, rules have to be followed to the item to work before you add the aesthetics.

the modern AAA game feels like amateur work with a professional coat of paint on it, it might look nice to the average person but under the hood its horeshit

Order 1886 was made by Ready At Dawn you retard. And Santa Monica are the ones making it IE the guys who have made all the main series for God of War.

On the contrary, we must continue calling games art, and presenting why games are art. People treat "Artsy" shit on other mediums, film, music.etc as pretentious bullshit. Its not fair games should have to change their definition because of these pretentious fucks

the current GOW devs seem to just assume fans of the game, or action games in general are retarded or something and wouldn't want to play another actual action game

nah fuck that, shithouse indie devs need to stop believing they're "artists" for their fucking 8th grade writing level bullshit.

GUILLOTIIIIIIIIIINE

They changed it to look more generic. My guess is they built the game on an inhouse game engine (or hell, it looks like it could be Unreal it looks so fucking generic) that they use for a bunch of other games

That's the thing though, I think NuDOOM is the only new game to come out thats remotely violent, and that was just "eh" judging from the demo. At most in M rated games all you get are occasional blood mists which are hard to see if anything they probably could be rated Teen now. They seem to have been replaced in favor of hitmarkers,

I'm really intetested in who they are catering to with the new combat. The way it looks now I just genuinely don't see how anyone could have fun with it. It looks really shallow and fumbly. I mean, have they even discussed the new combat yet or have they only been talking about the story?

Yuh.

I want to say they're catering to people that don't play games, but even then they'll probably only stick to what they know.

See, that's what I thought too. If you were going for the cinematic audience that doesn't like games why wouldn't you just cut out the clunky axe gameplay and just deliver a tap x to win style with overly cinematic and gory camera work?

This really is a strange one.

last big name game i played with dismemberment was fallout 4 (didn't pay for it and it sucks) and the gore in that is practically comical since the disconnection points are so clear cut and losing a limb causes instant ragdoll/death of the enemy so it always just seems goofy

Nratos Lives

Gamingbrit is alright though. Stop being a stingy faggot over shit.

I'm so tired of people just dragging up old characters and tired franchises to make a quick buck off the familiar names.

If you were going to make another God of War game, why not just give us an entirely different character for the Norse set of gods? Why does it have to be Kratos?
If you're going to pretend that Kratos didn't destroy the entire fucking world, just the greek world, then how about you give us something new?

i initially thought it was going to be some kind of "its kratos, but not the kratos from sparta" until i realized he still has the same scars, and the devs seemed to confirm its the same guy

they coulda gone with some angle that the being of kratos is a force of nature that ends all pantheons of gods which indirectly creates a proper age of man or some shit

That'd actually be a cool explanation.

But is is new? Even if you dislike it the gameplay is completely different from the other games.

i certainly would prefer something like that over another game where i have to keep an eye on some faggot kid

man, i want to like this guy so much but he's a complete faggot and has shit taste
but on the other hand he says some stuff i can agree with, like in this video for example
but on the other other hand he's basically dsp 2.0

That's kind of what I mean though. Why drag Kratos in this at all? Why not continue with the God of War title on to new shit? New gameplay?

Kratos story is done.
Honestly, Kratos' story was done at the end of the first game but since it was successful they had to make more. So Kratos' story was FINISHED at 3. he arguably DESTROYED THE WORLD.

so if you're bringing this along as a story maker you're pushing the idea that there are multiple pantheons. You're also pushing the idea that only regions of the world are looked after by these pantheons.
So while the GREEK world ended…the rest of the world didn't.

This could be an angle to be worked with but why the fuck does Kratos, of all people, have to be embroiled into killing gods and creatures in this new world?

Look, you don't need Kratos to be some ideal or force of nature or some shit. You just need the idea that man eventually overcome their gods. Its a simple story that resonates because it is slaves overcoming their slavemasters. A basic underdog story.
THe fun thing about this is if you take the premises you can basically have a "god of War" for nearly every pantheon, visiting all sorts of ancient cultures, and embellishing and celebrating the aspects of those cultures in each game.

Nope…we got to give Kratos a beard and a kid.

Personally I couldn't give a shit about story, not that God of War ever had a good story anyways, so it being Kratos or not makes little difference to me. While the gameplay they've shown now may be uninspiring they did say in interviews that there will still be large battles. I am just gonna wait till release or they show more trailers till I decide if it's unsalvageable or not.