Shadow Warrior 2013 > Doom 2016

youtube.com/watch?v=sUfTNLIZlyo

Greatest classic video game remake so far?

Other urls found in this thread:

doom-4-3dm-crack.silk.co
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

SW 2013 doesn't follow the plot of SW 1997, so it is a reboot and not a remake.

And HELL YES IT KICKS ASS.

Both shit tbh, Both used "oldschool = serious sam arena" logic, so they don't have as good level design as original and their shity engines don't take advantages of arena setups. Plus in SW13 guns are utter shit, just like d16m has modern garbage like upgreading system and bulletponge enemies.

Eh, not quite there but still checked.
Yeah, might aswell just cheat to get all the weapons I did notI should have, they really aren't good enough to justify grinding for them and having to upgrade them actually limits the variation in gameplay which is really fucking retarded. You're just meant to use your swords and spam powers all the time, especially at higher difficulties. Looks like they at least tried to make the guns fun in the second one.

Also there is already a shadow warrior thread here

Both are garbage, but Doom 2016 is actually more honorable than politically correct shadow warrior.

The game was culturally insensitive as fuck.

They're both cringeworthy meme games of no value whatsoever. Le ironical chinaman and pseudo 80s are exactly what plebbit lusts after.

The difference being, that Shadow Warrior Remake was marketed to elitist teenshits, while Doom to casuals.

No fun allowed under any circumstance.

Hold up guys we got ourselves a real connoisseur of culture.

What did they change? I actually liked the game but never played the first one.

I don't get SW2013. What good's an FPS if the only weapon worth using that's even the slightest bit of satisfying is the fucking melee weapon?

Nothing dude, Autists in this thread crying about a decent game and others are hating on the game because of the "bandwagon effect" on a game that was universally well received.

the guns did felt weak and the enemies were sponges

at least it was kinda fast

Doom 4 was decent, while the shadow warrior remake was utter shit with it's 45° consolve fov, super-laggy console ui and boring repetitive gameplay. Story and writing were decent, I also enjoyed the bantz between wang and hadji. But the level design and enemies were simply too boring.

Doom 4 was better overall, but shouldn't have been any longer, since by the end it also got very repetitive and boring.

I enjoyed the fuck out of it, enough to have an ongoing second playthrough but it still had its faults.

SW is in fact better than original in every way. Which was most generic build-engine 2.5D shootan.

You got shit taste m8 and that teen period when "everything is boring cuz i said so, i'm gonna sage-respond to every thread now".

Every single FPS that claims to be an oldschool FPS released recently has been mediocre compared to the game they take their name or inspiration from, SW is among the better ones but it's still mediocre and SW2 looks to be worse in every way so there's that.
HR might actually be the only one I actually somewhat like and that's pretty sad because that game is flawed as fuck.
What is probably even sadder is that Wolfenstein 09 is overall a more fun shooter than all of those despite having all the "things that kids like" from that era (superpowers, upgrades, hub world, health regen etc)

Only one I haven't really tried is ROTTR, haven't heard many people shit on it outside of that one dev who's a fucking asshole.

lol, no wonder you have no sex life or friends

Are you retarded?

Milquetoast.

Hahaha no it's not, play the original Shadow warrior then the reboot and you'll see that they have NOTHING in common apart from names and nothing else, it's not a matter of story, but rather a matter of gameplay, Shadow Warrior 2013 is another goddamn arena style FPS disguised as an old school FPS, the original Shadow warrior had broad complex levels with exploration in them, the 2013 reboot is just "walk into a large arena then fight X number of enemies to continue" I am so tired of that style of gameplay and I'd hate it see it come back for the sequel.

I thought i was going to play shadow warrior, not fucking painkiller/serious sam/Doom2016

These games aren't even good arena shooters.
They try and do what Serious Sam does without understanding why SS is so fun.
SS has secrets everywhere, the levels are huge, the enemies and weapons are varied.
These games are normal FPS games with lots of enemies.

It's not very good.

The RotD game was better. Didn't have completely butchered nuOldSchool-fps feel to it.

Shadow Warrior is basically Weeb Duke Nukem 3d, and it had as complex level design as Duke Nukem 3d (on par with best episodes at least). Although enemies in SW is way tougher than DN3D.

Kill yourselfs

It's not even about arenas, Serious Sam is a first-person tower defense game where you must quickly kill everything before it gets to you because you can't outrun the enemies, unlike every game that tries to imitate it, except for maybe Hard Reset.

The only enemies that can outrun you is kleevers and headless kamikaze.

oh right (and the werebulls, if they count)

Though I suppose it just works when they effectively swarm around you, slowly cutting off all possible escape routes

Suck this

RotT, both the remake and the original, were utter garbage though. Even if you hated SW13, the original was still bretty gud, something RotT doesn't have.

I'm only on the 2nd map right now, but this my take on it so far. Meme arrowing my points because I don't feel like typing out a paragraph

It was basically just a Serious Sam game with swords. I liked it, but it wasn't Shadow Warrior.

You suck.

You should really play more of the game before giving your opinion on it.

You're correct that it feels a lot more linear, but consider that the first was still somewhat linear as well due to the keys. You'd travel mostly in the same way in any playthrough, picking keys and moving to the new opened area.
It only looked more "big ass open" because you ended up traveling often through the same areas, which is just a clever way to use a smaller map for longer.

Not that I like linear levels at all, I much prefer the original too here. But you gotta understand that it's not necessarily bad, just a different design. Linear level versus key-progression.

I'll give you the guns part, though. Most enemies take quite a lot to die and weapons do feel severely underpowered until you upgrade them a bit, and even then.
It would be a better idea to split every enemy into 3 or 5 with the same total health pool, although I believe most people complain about the big ass demons that are actually meant to be tanky as fuck. Everyone else actually dies fairly fast.

Different takes on humour, I guess. Dunno how people would apreciate much old Wang's jokes now, especially in a game that takes several hours to complete and has much more dialogue spoken as well.
I still liked most of the jokes but he does come across as a cocky young lad, not as a kickass old master of ninja arts.

This game is fucking trash. Both the original and the remake.

Are you guys still salty that you cant pirate Doom 2016 so you keep calling it garbage?

You can pirate Doom, I have and It sucks ass.
Shadow Warrior is nowhere near the OG, but its decent due to its melee system, Doomed however is a pile of mediocrity that has Bethesda stink all over it.
doom-4-3dm-crack.silk.co

Nigger 3DM resigned from pirating denuvo games this year
Only CONSPIR4CY is actively trying to crack denuvo games

And the only game they cracked was ROTTR which was released last week

Those who wanted to play it did it when Voksi's bypass came out, so this bait is way past its expiration date.

I actually never managed to download it before they patched the exploit because of too many leechers. I played the demo and I liked it, I would buy it but I have no money.
I keep hearing good reviews even from non mainstream critics like TB and Escapist saying good things about it (single player only, multiplayer was said to suck). Only you guys call it garbage but then again you called Witcher 3 garbage as well so I cant trust you guys at all.

And this is why there are other ways to download than just torrents. You should be ashamed of yourself.

I played the same demo you did and yeah I'll probably play it at some point but I couldn't see myself paying shekels for it, may not have been terrible but it certainly wasn't particularly good either.

The pacing was completely fucked by the open world nature of the game which was already an issue on its own but it certainly wasn't garbage if you manage to ignore the filler once you had enough of it and the gameplay and difficulty really isn't great even on death march but it's just serviceable. Downgrade and lack of optimization and proper mod support is reason enough to bash the game tbh