Shadow Warrior 2 Release Date Next Month

After all the uncertainty of the release of the game, it seems that during Gamescon the Devs have confirmed that the game is coming out for PC in September for both Windows and Linux ( archive.is/FP2BU interview with dev can be watched on the real site ). It will also be available DRM free through GOG. Xbone and PS4 ports will come in October, however they said that 1080p/30fps will be the max the systems can handle.

While I really enjoyed the gameplay of the reboot, I felt that the level design could use some more polish. Now with the second one they are doing randomly generated levels I wonder if that can add variety. It also helps that it's going to have 4 player co-op to have even more fun.

Other urls found in this thread:

8ch.net/v/src/1471418791122.mp4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

here is a video from this e3 that goes over the game in more depth

I was interested in it but when I saw gameplay it just looks like Borderlands 2. Probably wait for a sale.

are you talking about the 2013 reboot or the one coming out this year? If you haven't played the first, I would recommend pirating it first. Judging by the gameplay trailer it seems like the new one is a revamped version of the first game so I can't see it turning bad.

Talking about the second, the first reboot was decent, the second doesn't look that appealing to me.

What the fuck, talk about wrong priorities! Turn down the resolution, turn off every damn visual effect, but you should never sacrifice framerate!

I literally see no problem with this, I liked destiny because of that, though destiny was very, very light on content.

They've been working on this game for a while and kept pushing it back to add more shit, so I'm optimistic.

user these are consoles we are talking about, however they said that they will probably release the game on the scorpio/neo with better graphics when the systems come out.

I mean they did updated the first game for direc x 11 way after release for free, seems like something they would do.

Really? Fuck that for a laugh.

It's not like level design mattered for the Shadow Warrior reboot anyways. You could be playing a Quake level in nuSW, and the combat would play out the same, with the only difference being enemy amounts and enemy types used. nuSW doesn't have any enemies which synergize with the level geometry, so randomly generated levels aren't necessarily a bad thing in this case (nor a good thing, though the increased freerunning possibilities makes my dick wet).
You could tell someone over at FWH really liked Borderlands by putting all those samey-looking loot crates holding shit for loot.

shadow warrior 2013 was one of the shittiest modern shooters I've ever played.
-awful weapons
-the only good one is the sword
-incredibly repetitive
-shit "combo" system
-same 5 enemies the entire game
-all enemies tank damage like mother fuckers, better abuse that WWM1 attack
-pure garbage level design with no variety or meaningful game play sections that encourage the player to learn the systems
-every game play scenario is just serious sam shit where a few waves of enemies pour in

don't even bother. second looks like more of the same garbage.

it's a fucking horrible thing because now the levels will be even worse

BOMB INCOMING!

Nigger, this shit's been moderately marketed through gaming events (i.e. people who'd want it). A game doesn't have to be fucking hyped to hell and back with constant marketing.

Honestly surprised considering I was convinced it was gonna be a late year release. Nice surprise though. Really hoping they give the guns more punch.

This.

I wouldn't call it outright shit, but yeah, this dude's totally right. You guys must just be really starved for a new shooter. At least it's not Halo, I guess.

I'm more excited since the first game showed potential and I'm hoping its realized. I mean, SW13 was pretty flawed, but I had fun. That said they better have fixed the weapon problem and lackluster level design or I'm gonna be pissed.

-Art direction is great, but there's a lot of reused assets and background themes drag on for too long
-Shockwave is OP, no need to use Flux and Protective Shield at all
-weapons are underpowered until upgraded, whereas just using the sword makes you unable to get high ranks
-upgrade system as a whole is pointless and doesn't add any depth, it's just there because the developers thought it'd serve as a means for progression
-some lead guy must've really liked Borderlands, considering all the samey looking loot crates containing shit for loot everywhere, and the Last Wind mechanic. It'd also explain the direction they're going with for SW2
-new Wang is a dweeb, like Travis Touchdown without the humor, mediocre voice direction (read: no japanese stereotype master roshi voice) makes the old SW lines fall flat
-new Wang is only fun to listen to when talking to other characters like Hoji
-greater demons and bosses are no fun to fight, and are just massive bulletsponges until you get the rocket launcher really late in the game
-the flying demons cant even be hit with your sword (without the inaccurate blade wave), and often the level designer just put a turret for you to deal with them
-the revolver is inaccurate and useless, the SMG just is and looks underpowered in every way, the crossbow is decent, the shotgun could've used a range boost, the flamethrower is shit, the rocket launcher is too clunky, demon hearts are rather pointless, and warlord heads also feel rather clunky to use
-swordplay is actually fun, and so is cutting up demons into pieces
-enemy variety is kinda sucky, only the generic demons end up being fun to fight whereas the shielded enemies are easily killed by knocking them down with shockwave and shooting a charged bolt in their head
-ranking system is rather inconsistent
-most damage you receive is unavoidable because of dashing having no i-frames, the lack of blocking, lots of wind-up frames on most special attacks, and DaS2-style shockwaves for larger enemies
-it's easier to dash around while using your infinitely usable healing ability rather than use the vampirism on your Ki attacks because of how inconsistent the damage on certain enemy attacks can be
-should've focused more on NecroVision-style limited health regeneration and vampirism in order to get your health back, since you sure as hell aren't expected to use medkits in combat and the healing ability spam is almost mandatory
-all golem boss battles are essentially the same, and the Zilla boss battles (SPOILER ALERT: You fight the big bad corporate boss man) are pathetically easy, yet are constantly halted by Zilla teleporting somewhere else for about 15 seconds until he *teleports behind you* repeatedly
-story is surprisingly competent, and you'll probably feel something else but buyer's remorse and boredom during the ending if you were following the story
-music is mediocre and doesn't really stand out
-level design is Painkiller-tier since the enemies aren't really designed around using the environment in one way or another, and also features colored locks you have to unlock by destroying statues of the respective color which the game considers 'old-school' ("Enough of this old-school bullshit")
-encounter design isn't all that special either with the enemy variety being sucky and all
-there's plenty of secrets, but so are invisible walls
-everything in the first chapters is fucking explosive, which often results in shit blowing up in your face since you will be using a sword most of the time
-reboot-wise it builds upon what made SW stand out originally (melee combat, oriental setting) but falls flat everywhere else (gunplay, level design, humor) even though I consider OG Shadow Warrior to be the least best Doom clone/Build shooter
-overall it has some cool swordplay, art direction and story, which is this game's only saving grace from being another Painkiller clone

Agree with almost everything.
I played old SW after playing the reboot and they're both different games, I was saddened at the fact that new SW is an arena style shooter while old SW is like other Build FPSes.

If they fix ranged weapons being shit and not fun to use and add some variety to enemies then it will already be a good step forward.

So you don't know how to market. Then just be quiet.

I bought Overwatch recently.

Consider suicide. Your genes need to die out.

That's funny, user, I was just saying in another thread that everyone who plays Overwatch should be dragged out into the streets and shot!

Who are you quoting?

Please end my suffering.

You deserve all the pain and regret you feel, user. You brought it on yourself.

I don't feel bad about buying the game since I'm going to get my money's worth. Its shit but I'm so starved for an FPS that I needed it to stave off the hunger. End my suffering. Take the bullet to my brain.

I'm saying that you're a fucking moron if you seriously think that this game hasn't been marketed. I know its hard to believe when a game isn't being constantly shoved in your face that it could be marketed, but getting the name out there and having people know it exists is a good way to market your game, especially since they've been doing so with gameplay demos.

Did someone else say that? Because I haven't.

Do it yourself, faggot. You're a fucking idiot and I'm astounded you're talking in this thread like you have any authority on any matter. Fuck off before you embarrass yourself further.

Anything trying to be borderlands can only be better than borderlands. I really hope they manage to pull this off cause I really want to see a good first person ARPG/Diablo-clone after all the disappointments we've been given so far (can't speak for Destiny though as I have not played it)
Thanks EA

Is there something wrong?

Are you gonna go slice your throat or not?

You're what's wrong, you blithering numbskull.

No I can't do it myself. Besides I'm not willing to take the chance of whether hell exists or not.

So there's nothing wrong and you're just shitposting. Got it.

Just stop posting unless you're desperate for more (you)s shitting on you.

Not risking the chance of eternal torment, thank you. I want to die to escape the pain, not to be locked into it forever. Suicide is the dumbest possible thing.

Honestly, just play the original. It's older so it it objectively has more vue to it making it an objectively better game.

Value*

There are a hundred ways to get yourself killed without killing yourself. Just go hiking in the mountains for a week, user.

No mountains. No flora or fauna that can kill me for hundreds of kilometers. And seeking death most likely counts as suicide either way.

You're just a real faggot all the way down to your soul, aren't you? Don't worry, God already knows you're going to hell for buying Overwatch anyway.

Man, you really are a whiny baby.

You'll never get into Valhalla with that kind of stupid

here is more footage with total asscancer. Im actually lookin forward to it. Like many anons have said, yes its trying to do what borderlands did but thats not necessarily a bad thing. Borderlands failed to do FPS/RPG, lets see if these guys can do it. Also the procedural generated levels seem to be set levels that swap everytime so its not like its generating fucked up maps

Holy hell this looks cool. I get Garo vibes from this. Never played the first game, maybe i should try.

yeah mate, continue with your bait

Fuck off. They're objectively shit games. I don't know how anyone can appreciate them. What do you see in these atrocities that are delivered as a product of post-90s ideologies towards design philosophy and the ultimate lack of increased objective value over time that older games inherently possess.

To be fair, the original Borderlands actually didn't do a terrible job. It had decent items, good scaling, and a fairly interesting world. Problem was the shitty quests, shitty linear zones, and refusal to expand upon the game with more dungeon-crawl mechanics like larger randomized dungeons and ways to modify and craft loot. 2 did a bit of this, but just completely shit the bed where it mattered most, the items and scaling.

I think that's a little different. I bet most warriors didn't want to die. They saw that death in combat brings you to valhalla but i'm sure they actually fought with determination to win and survive. Going hiking into the mountain hoping to find a bear that'll kill you is completely different.

I tried playing shadow warrior the shadow warrior before this and it was pretty bad with combat. Felt like Dishonored combat.

Are you angry, user?

You are like those autistic animufags who only watch shit made in 90s or earlier, skipping all the good stuff made today.

Put down your hipster glasses and try to enjoy video games. Gamecube, PS2, Wii, GBA, nds, psp all those consoles are post-90's, and they had excellent games, some of them better than 90's products.

Its ps3/xbox360 era where everything started slowly going to shit.

Nah it was in the end of the xbox/ps2/gamecube that it set in. The 360 and so on were just thoroughly and completely contaminated by it from the start.

you are like that faggot who only listens to 60's/70/s music because thats when they were good despite the fact that there has been shit after those decades that were actually better. Either way kill yourself

Good riddance that modern youths started to acquire new taste in music and compose more synthwave. I am not mad, as long as such genres as vaporwave will be popular, and not trap/dubstep shit.

Destiny would have been amazing if the lore wasn't cut out, if there was space combat and if there was more content (I don't mean raids).
Take it from somebody who put around 150 hours into it, it wasn't all that bad until you got to end-game. Then it just became a boring grind.
It could have been quite good.

Also, anybody else realize how creatively bankrupt Bungie is?

It will probably not be much better than a system with a dedicated AMD CPU clocked in the 2.0 Ghz range and a R9 280X equivalent

The decision to build the XBONE and PS4 around APUs was baffling.

I won't be surprised if the price is $599 or higher.

THANK
GOD

All they really had to do was make Space STALKER, they already had all the thematic elements of "humanity has fallen and we're scraping by on old tech that we need you to collect"

Well, the One S is already like $500 in Canada, so I really wouldn't be surprised if the Scorpio was closer to $1000.

"its like borderlands"
"kind of feels like farcry"

pretty accurate although your entertainment value from the sword varies depending on how many games with good melee you've played. If this is your first game with melee that's not just hold M1 to attack, you may find the sword very appealing. And I mean across genre. Like even mediocre PS1 hack and slash games like threads of fate has more satisfying melee combat.

honestly? Halo is a lot fucking better.

the 360 was great until 2009. Lots of great games like virtual on, chrome hounds, and death smiles.

watching kingdom come deliverance at E3 last year
" It's like skyrim "
Lost interest

You big black dick sucking faggots. I wish nothing more but your own enlightenment from whatever God power it would take to show how fucking wrong you are than to see the ultimate destruction of your own lives and everything you've ever stood for.

You ever heard of data decay? Shit like this is why every game from the 90's is better than the absolute horseshit coming out today. Older games have OBJECTIVELY MORE VALUE THAN NEWER GAMES. Let that sink in next time you go in some mindless defense towards the insubstantial, horrendous, soul-less existence that is modern games. You're the same time of people who would compare a hipster painting of a circle to the Mona Lisa.

You have no taste, no standards, no boundaries. Your life is worthless because you know nothing. You ARE nothing. I care little for your own flawed perception of quality. I care little for whatever universal standards exists for quality, whether by God's law or my own, I stand by the principles of substance and substance only. Fuck off with modern idelogies, fuck off with modern standards, and fuck off with the value, and the lack thereof, that these games have failed to accumulate over the years due to their age.

Only in time will I ever, EVER. give these games my own acknowledgement, and should I choose to play, I would still prefer the game's of the previous generation and even moreso, those before given that they are still around. In time, Call of Duty may become rarity and accumulate its value to the point where even I would praise it.

My point is that I am above you, but more importantly, I am above the standards you wrongfully wish to impose on me. Justoce, backed with truth, shall never be opposed by the righteous, such as myself and such as the type you will never be graced with. And when you learn you place in the harsh, cruel, world, I will not mourn. I will not pity, either. Only laugh at the optimism you once possessed at that point. I will laugh at how naive you were, how you misplaced your values and gave them to ME of all people to judge. And lastly I will laugh at your siffering, knowing that your optimism has left and that you are possessed by naivety. And soon, there will be nothing but apathy for just how awful your taste in video games are. I will not concern myself with those who dare stand next to me, a righteous man who lives bound to God-given standards and values. Not a child like yourself who eats shit from the dirt and would judge others without shame.

Shut the fuck about your pitiable standards I do not concern myself with them, so you will not see any pity from me. I will continue to play high-value video games while you faggots continue to confusedly eat whatever shit is spewed onto your plates.

faggot

Laugh as much as you want, you'll need happy memories before you live a life of nothing but misery and anger when you realize that I am more than a god compared to you.

Meanwhile, I will laugh at your lack of standards, taste, and self-discipline while your play games that have not accumulated any value.

I really wish you were wrong because you're being a huge faggot about it.

I was actually planing on doing this because I am super religious before I found a meaning for my life and stopped thinking about it.

is this copypasta?
while this is true for some genres, many genres required technological advancement to improve or be fully realized.

Holy shit go and run face first into a brick wall you smug piece of shit.

If it's not already then it soon will be.

Ebin copypasta.

I've grown tired hiding my identity, my anonymity would otherwise benefit me in a board like Holla Forums, but it only pains me for the purpose of this discussion.

I am Galacticus Deo, I am a MAN of good taste and I will talk to you children the way you should be treated.

Older games have more value than newer games for the same reason that older paintings like The Mona Lisa have more value than modern paintings. Or, for better comparison, why one would prefer an older car to a newer car. They become increasingly rare and therefore have more value, much like a diamond.

Quake, by any given undismissable standard, is a higher quality game than Doom. It has better level design, better enemy design, and more verticality. Does that make Doom the worse game? It does not. Doom, even in digital distributions, will become increasingly rare due to its age over Quake due to physical copies becoming destroyed and the data becoming more and more decayed.

This is also why the original Doom engine is superior to modern versions of the engine. The original engine is slowly decaying, meaning you won't find it at all within the next 30 years or so, not to mention the maps becoming decayed to corruption and then nonexistence.

I will be the only one with true, high quality, and high value video games because I was not blinded by the ridiculous and commercial hype that is marketed to you fools. I will have everything, and you? Nothing. It will be a glorious day.

This is not true.

You are a traitor to your own ideology. Do you lack dignity and instead favor modesty? Do you bow your head down to common people and even those below them? If so, then consider yourself below them, as your refusal to establish your place ABOVE these people has lead you to become a passive, submissive and worthless cuck who will never hold any truth in their value, and shall therefore face endless opposition in life.

Justice, backed with truth, shall never be opposed

Dohohoho.
GoG has started to stealth update their games one by onewith a telemetry collecting dll called Galaxy.dll that also checks if you own the game and sends back your IP UNENCRYPTED as well as two identifiers - clientID and clientSecret. And here's the kicker, if you delete it the game doesn't run anymore. You might as well be using Steam at this point, or just pirate everything.

well yeah but if copy the game to another computer it would start even if you don't own it.

name me a better crime sandbox game better than GTA vice city, san andreas, 4, or even 5 made before 1990.

name me a better TPS genocide simulator better than EDF made before 1990

name me a city building sandbox game better than cities skylines made before 1990.

name a mesh based 3D combat game better than dark souls or bloodborne, made before 1990.

find me a racing simulator better than gran turismo made before 1990.

also, quake is better than doom. always was.

Name a sport car than Porsche 919 Hybrid made before 1990

Quake is infinitely higher quality than Doom, and I will always love, olay, and appreciate it because of its age and level design, but it is not better than Doom, because Doom's age has given it more value.

True, but it still tracks your ass, and sends your data UN-EN-FUCKING-CRYPTED for all to see and you can't turn that shit off unless you firewall it.
At least when Steam goes offline it goes offline, not that it isn't fucking DRM still.

Only with the newest titles, or if you install GoG Galaxy, I presume?

I've heard otherwise

Autism

hence my original argument about genre. dipshit.

Witcher 3 has it and not just new titles(TitS FC and SC have that shit added) and some anons claim some classic games have it. Also it's included regardless if you have Galaxy.

As for Steam I used Wireshark to sniff for half and didn't find anything although I wouldn't be surprised if it did try to send data under some circumstance, but some games themselves send data back to the developers when you launch them.

that's true but why does it matter? all they can send is your ip and possibly your pc specs

WHAT PART OF IT MEANS THEY LIED ABOUT GALAXY NOT AFFECTING YOU IF CHOOSE NOT TO INSTALL IT DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND
Sure the data might be harmless, but it's about the fucking principle of the thing. It means GoG are no more trustworthy than any other fucking digital distribution provider.

Blockable, then.

It's piss easy to block. Still violates their own fucking privacy policy.

The thread at has more info on it.
I'm sorry for sounding like an unreasonable asshole, but I feel fucking betrayed.

Doom had a lot more going for it and didn't have a boring atmosphere that was literally BROWN EVERYWHERE

Please do a collab with goyQuentin

Doom is only better because of its age. Quake is a higher quality game. I did not expect this to get through your thick skull, anyway.

And I see the moderators have taken an effort to censor me and force me into anonymity. Such a shame.

You are all subhuman scum that live only at the mercy of my hand. I would love to see humanity go into a collective panic as they see their only two choices are to feed from my own hands or starve to a slow and painful death.

You people make me sick. You will never be enlightened with the true taste that I am blessed with. I am a god, and you are lower than the most unholy scum that lives below the bottom layer of Hell. I wish nothing more than to curse you with an a agonizing pain so intense that the hellfires of damnation itself would pity you. I hate every last single one of you, from your pretentious and self righteous taste in games, to your stubbornness and lack of discipline that has resulted only in a redundant shift in change as opposed to innovation and intuition.

Fuck you all.

- Galacticus Deo

lol, not it isn't, its gunplay is just as bad, its protagonist is wayyyyy shittier, its story is not executed particularity well, its slow, its easy, and its tiresome in every way. Movement is slow as fuck, gravity is low as fuck, regenerating sheilds bring the games pacing to a halt and make it shitty, honestly just removing that shit system would make it much better.

Oh and the 78 degree fov in 1, 65 degree fov in 2 and 55 degree fov in 3, that's sickening, and makes everything zoomed in, plus the radar system caused the developers to make the aliens stand around retardedly thinking there is no way for the player to get a lock on their location when in reality they can pinpoint their position just by remembering where the red dot was when it dissapeared, I've stuck so many plasma grenades to elites just by exploiting their AI which is shit because it was designed around these shitty hide till you heal and gaydar mechanics.

I've seen a lot of elitist contrarian faggots on /v but I've never seen anyone be this much of a pretentious faggot, this has to be a copypasta or someone doing it ironically. These level of pretense belongs on /leftypol

Way to kill any credibility you had.

classic example of if it ain't broke don't fix it

fuck off nigger
30 fps isn't that bad and preferable to shit visuals

- Galacticus Dio

Go back to >>>/Reddit/

>>>/9gag/

anyone got a screenshot?

That… actually looks quite interesting. I'm not sure I'm happy with a 'Shadow Warrior' game going this direction but watching the gameplay and randomized levels, it looked genuinely interesting and fun to play. Don't like some of those guns though, especially the edge skull ones.

Im currently on my third playthrough of the 1st game.
At first I was kinda bummed that they were doing Borderlands + randomized levels shit for the sequel, but now the idea doesn't seem too bad. The strength of SW was in the combat anyway and it seems just as fun. As long as theres more enemy variety I'll be happy.

What's got my interest is it's not just a left 4 dead or payday 2 esque "Oh, this door's blocked, go through the room next door) but it looks like entirely fucking levels are different. In the Totalbiscuit vid above the first level is borderline Dark Swamp shit, while the second is a bright suburbia-esque thing.

I'm gonna miss Hoji though, I enjoyed how they had him and Wang shit-talking and bickering all the way through the game, but it changed to banter as the game progressed.

I'll say it again:

DOOM IS THE BETTER GAME BECAUSE IT IS OLDER THEREFORE THE DATA DECAY MAKES IT RARER

Quake is a better designed game that has better AI patterns and I love it, but it is not as old as Quake so therefore it has less value.

Fucking idiots, all of you.

And it looks like my ID changed again because I'm on mobile.

No matter, I can feed you the wrath of my righteous fist under any IP. You WILL feel nothing but regret, sorrow, and .is ery once your own ignorance escapes you and you realize that I truly am a better person than you. I hate you all and I will have absolutely no sympathy for misfortune that should happen to come your way.

*misery

It should be easy to read anyway, but you inferior hell scum would have difficulty deciphering that so there.

I just realised there's a stupidly metal belt fed machinegun in the videos. Looks like something Chaos would use.

None of the guns in the first remake were fun to shoot.

Level design was shit and the upgrade system was the last thing I wanted.

Lo Wang is now Chinese accented.

Way too much exposition and shit story. Check out some of the gameplay footage, there's an annoying shrew squawking at you the whole time you're trying to play the game.

Oh fucking hell, agreed. I tried going through SW1 on the hardest difficulty and I gave up. Enemies were total fucking bullet sponges and I was having to sword everything. Normal/hard or maybe Hardest were fun but they just seemed to make enemies do more damage and get tougher, which ruined the gun-play. Hope to shit that it's fixed this time around.
Fortunately the melee was fun as balls, and watching this shit makes me want to get back into SW1.

Level design was functional. There were some really, really pretty areas, like the temples (?) among the lakes with pathways lined with candles fairly early on. There's been better, sure, but there's been much worse. I'm not sure about the random level stuff, it looks promising, but 8ch.net/v/src/1471418791122.mp4 summarizes the flaw with "looks promising".

He sounds like my japanese friend, but I rather like the idea of a chinese guy being a massive weeaboo so this point makes me laugh.

Hoji was a mouthy cunt too, and fortunately she seems to zip when there's fighting unlike him. I'm not sure about her either, we'll just have to see how it pans out. As an aside I know that voice. It's the woman who was Zoe in Left 4 Dead?