What the FUCK is the NX?

The NX is supposed to release in about half a year, and besides for like 3 or 4 games that we know are coming we know literally NOTHING about the system.

When the everloving FUCK are we going to learn more about the damn system? I don't think I even care about Nintendo after the Wii U (ignoring NoA bullshit) but it's still aggravating as shit that we know literally nothing about the system right now.

When are we going to find out what the FUCK the NX is?

a handheld that you can plug on the tv
thats it nigga

What games even are those?

Also I might be done with Nintendo and dedicated machines in general. They're too formulaic with their games nowadays (Robobot was a 1:1 clone of Triple Deluxe, and need I even point out the NSMB series)

Anything that does look fun is butchered or dumbed down for the west, their online is shitty and menu navigation is clunky and slow, the 3ds was so annoying to do anything except launch the damn game.

We still don't know if that's true! I just want to know what the fuck to expect.

If it really is a handheld like that (and assuming it's region-free) I'd be up for getting it, but I just want to fucking know what to expect already. Shit.

It's weird, the DS and PSP were honestly a lot better when it came to playing games more than the 3DS did.

An amiibo with a touchscreen

Just Dance Whatever-Number-We're-On
Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Project Sonic 2017
No platform has been given, but Pikmin 4 is a thing so I'm guessing that'll be on NX as well since we would've heard if that's hitting Wii U by now.

le ebin gimmick #47 (DO NOT STEAL)

Must be tough having autism

I think the only Nintendo game I've bought this year was ソリティ馬 on the Japanese eShop.

There's a really good chance it's true. It's why third parties are so excited for it, they think it'll be their chance to break into the mobile market. NX will be Wii 2 electric boogaloo, where it's trying to grab normalfags and casuals. Instead of waggle, it'll be about trying to get them to play real games instead of bejeweled clones on their phones. They already started this with Pokemon Go. But you can see how the patent with the two detachable controllers looks just like a regular phone/tablet.

I sreriously hope it's Nintendo's next handheld that happens to have TV-out feature. If it's a successor to the Wii U, I'm calling it that Nintendo will pull a Sega.

I think they said they'll be having a direct some time in fall. Probably November. To me the NX is Nintendo's last attempt at making a console of any kind.

You mean like a PSP?

It makes real money.

That's enough.

Next is going to be a mario flappy bird clone, then a pickmin clash of clans clone. I want nintendo to die before those become a reality.

You mean like a Sega Nomad?

It's a step up from typical mobile trash, but it's still casual shit.

Yeah but without wires! Like a Chromecast and a smart phone :^)

NX handheld is supposedly going to use a Tegra X1, which is about 10 times as powerful as Vita. And there's rumors that there will be a dock which improves graphics. Because 10x PS Vita is still way behind Xbone in performance.

My eyes get blurry as fuck if I play for more than half an hour

Nintendo lost a shit-ton of stock after saying they wouldn't be abandoning traditional video games for mobile just because of Pokemon Go's success, if they pull out of the console market after the NX it'll be because they're pulling out of games period to lurk in the shadows for a while.

Get a phone and ppsspp then upscale that shit, or just do it on pc.

ppsspp is shit, just use the original hardware because at least it's accurate. PSP games also look great on a CRT.

If I were going to abandon the original hardware I'd just use a PC

Define "a while", because I don't know how a company like Nintendo is supposed to survive in the shadows when their hatred of other companies makes the Nazis and Jews look like best friends.

probably can't even answer for this embarrassment

Root it and use a dualshock on it with one of those phone clips.

I don't know man
but what I do know
sonic heroes is pretty bad

The only thing that will make things worse is if they still charge an arm and a leg for it, and if it still has a maximum 32gb built in harddrive with a bloated OS.

Do you think they will use proprietary memory after the piracy on the 3ds and wii u?

Okay but what is the benefit of doing all this shit?

And if you say portability I'm going to strangle you, because who the fuck carries a gamepad with them everywhere they go?

Yeah, that's the problem. Tegra X1 tablet cost $500+. I am thinking NX handheld will come in around $300, just because it'll be sold at about break even and Nvidia is probably jewing like Nvidia jews with the shield tablet with Tegra X1.

Personally, i use an android handheld, so portabiliy isnt an issue. Its more about being able to emulate more than just what a psp can do normally and have the psp look better.

There's no way Nintendo can be this retarded.

It still doesn't sound that great, and rather expensive. I'm expecting this to backfire worse than the Xbone right now

I think they might take that as a challenge. Rememeber fe fates, or #fe, or fatal frame, or xbx?

But this is at a point where people don't care for gimmicks anymore. All people want is a straight up console that plays games.

Does anyone honestly use the 3D effect on 3DS? Does anyone even really use the touchpad on the PS4 controller? Does anyone honestly use the Wii U controller for anything besides off TV play?

Wii U Gamepad is fucking awesome for using it to browse and watch videos, entering text, etc. It doesn't have a single killer use but having it is really nice and improves a lot of basic functions.

I've only ever used the 3D effect on Revelations for Jill's ass.

Here's the real question:

Will the NX be retro compatible?
Because if it is, it means that having a 3DS and WiiU is useless.
If it isn't, it means that you MUST have a WiiU and 3DS, especially if "next gen" nintendo goes to utter shit after this point.

The reason why i say that is that there's rumors that nintendo will finally use an unified account system from this point on, essentially cutting out their old hardware to go clean slate.

uh no

You mean Virtual Console or backwards compatibility? BC is a maybe, if the rumors of it being a cartridge-based system are true it'd need a dedicated disk drive for that, Virtual Console is all but certain given its popularity and success on several systems

I'd actually be perfectly okay with this.

GENIUS

But how the fuck do you VC Wiiu and 3DS games if the system main screen is on the controller?
Essentially, this could work by making the upper screen the TV screen, and the touch screen the controller itself, but this could only work in "home console" mode, basically it means that you'd have to play 3DS games only in console mode and you'd lose the handheld feature.

I don't know, it's confusing.

No idea what the fuck the ACTUAL product is just retards are trying to make the details of it say the next hard core gaming system even though no one know what the fuck it looks like

Yep, imagine a WiiU gamepad that functions as it's own console with detachable controls. That's it. And if they can deliver enough good launch games for it, I'm willing to consider getting one.

You're just mad that I can speed up the emulation and drastically reduce farming times while you waste precious hours of your life.

Shadman please go.

Gotta keep the Japanese devs from going mobile or pachinko.

His art is shit.

PSP and DS actually had games, hell even Vita has more games than 3DS. 3DS has nothing but nintenchildren garbage and censored JRPGs

The NX is basically a Nintendo branded NVIDIA shield tablet + controller and dock.

Did someone say Shadman

That makes me vomit in my mouth a bit

It'll be the exact same thing the wii and wiiu were. A console with a stupid gimmick that only serves to make games worse for forced inclusion, a few decent exclusives that fanboys desperately try to pass off as making the investment worth it, and virtually no third party support whatsoever.

My guess is that it'll try to bridge the gap between Nintendo's handhelds and console gaming, something you can take on the go and play at home.

Depending on how big the screen is I could potentially see 3DS being handled as the screen being split in the middle with the bottom portion of it being the DS's touch-screen, like how it's handled on phone emulators. Wii U would have to be TV-out only like you mention though.

Yeesh, on the list of things that will never happen that Not-Android setup is up top.

Vita has next to nothing besides hilariously niche weeb titles (and I am talking niche here, I've scrolled through Vita threads a couple times and a lot of people talk about importing almost everything they buy for Vita) and I think a couple of Dynasty Warriors 8 releases, don't throw stones in a glass house user.

It was a reference to a shit comic that he made.

so how many mainsteam games got released for 3DS recently, aside of monhun and muh zelda game no. 789

A lot of titles in different IPs have more in common with each other than some Zelda titles.
Also, AAA? You are grasping straws here.

My point was "don't say 3DS has nothing except for [x] while bringing up Vita", not that AAA games matter, user.

I just hope for Nintendo the NX is cheap. If it's more expensive than 200-250 dollars it will fail hard. Just like the Vita.

This is such BULLSHIT.

Those people already have 600 dollar smartphones. They're not going to carry around another device. And they're interested in cheap mobile shit. Not real games.

Nintendo is going to charge $400 for it just like the Wii U

Then it will die.

Nintendo has no mindspace. Their home consoles have been shit since the N64. They have no third party relationships. The PS4 already won this gen.

The 3DS didn't sell before it had a substantial price cut. Bah I don't even care.

Eh PS4 lost too, it's only barely going to beat the PS3s life time sales
There are no winners this gen not even PC

PS4 is the undisputed winner of the console wars this generation.

PS4 still loses because they're chained by the neck to Sony corporate, and will go down with the ship while a thousand desperate drowning hands cling and tear at them as one of the last profitable divisions.

There will be no winner this console generation. Least of all not the players.

PS4 is the undisputed winner of the console wars this generation.

PS4 still loses because they're chained by the neck to Sony corporate, and will go down with the ship while a thousand desperate drowning hands cling and tear at them as one of the last profitable divisions.

There will be no winner this console generation. Least of all not the players.

I think he was making fun of Sony's Marketing

I fucking hope so

It could be one of two things.

1. Black/white box that is basically a locked down computer/media box
2. A system with unique architecture that actually warrants existing along side PC

And there will be two kinds of posts in this thread
1. I hate nintendo when will they go third party so I can play their games
2. NoA = NoJ

It's unlikely to be a handheld since the games that have been confirmed for it are multiplats.

Yeah Zelda BotW and Just Dance 2017 can't run on a mobile platform

twist ending

-NX flops
-Sonic 2017 isn't released for NX
-It isn't released at all
-"Announcing the SEGA Planet X!"

Well, they could but battery wise you couldn't have it meet the standards people have for portable gaming battery life, and neither of those would really work on portable hardware.

Video game crash when?

I know that's my point, I was being sarcastic

A tablet.

"Sony" has more assets in banking than in gaming. Those mongol jews wont even notice when PS4 sinks. And its a good thing anyway. Consoles are obsolete.

You can't say there isn't a point to them but its the Console companies that have lost sight of the point

It's hard to tell if sony is a kike or mongoloid company. The hilarious thing is sony only began tanking when it made a kike its CEO. Big mistake.

Media centers are obsolete, have been since 2004.

literally why the fuck would a normal person need a console at this point?

Look at the NES mini. It's basically a games collection sold as hardware.

To play vdeogames at an inexpensive price for the hardware offset by the price of the software.
Also

and it'll probably sell because hipsters.

Don't those not even ship with BIOS now?

I don't even know mate. I've seen those fuckers do some neat shit. I can imagine people make them do a lot of things $300 consoles promise.

minus the cinematic games of course :^))))

It will sell for the variety alone. It's quite a diversion from what your usual 201x game console provides.

come on

An NES enthusiast can name dozens of really good franchises it's missing for the price. Me personally i couldn't give a fuck either way because if i want to play those games i can either emulate them or play the millions of different ports most of those games got. Call me when they release an HD N64 version, now that'll be worth the asking price.

it's current year, come on

I don't think the casual buyer of that $60 box is that invested into it.

that's the story of our lives isnt it?

I never really got why everyone hated shad's work technique wise. I know it's edgy as shit, but his style is pretty nice, even if the anatomy is off.

Yes, but would you pay 75% of the Wii U price for that gimmick?

Because that's what you pay for. The hardware is shit and costs nothing to produce. It's the fancy-pants gamepad that ramps up production costs. If Wii U came with the pro controller, it would be cheap enough to compete against the other consoles.

It's a shame the console with actual games was ruined by gimmick faggotry when it could have been good. And we thought Nintendo learned from it, but they didn't. They've cashed in good one Pokemon Go and can afford to pospone the NX and FIX THEIR SHIT but they won't because the japanese autism is terminal and they just have to shoot themselves in the foot over and over again.

Enjoy another flop generation. But it will have no consequences because everybody are busy being autistic in public with their faggot smartphones. That's where Nintendos income is now.

i love my wii u gamepad, but jesus fucking christ it is not worth the production costs nor destroying nintendo's attempt at competing with sony.

Shad's art only looks decent when he's doing simplistic designs and isn't doing too much colour work

Otherwise you end up with

although most people bash on him for being "edgy" even though he's just a man who did nothing wrong

nigga

Nintendo could have easily survived by just making new SNES games and consoles for 20 years straight.

super round asses or bubble butts are fine, except that's not usually how asses work, they're kinda like breasts, they flop out when standing up but as soon you're bending forward, the ass's fat swallows in and becomes less round. Not only that, it's a bad mix to do with pillow shading and banding, it looks really off.

Also bear in mind, Shadman has a problem of creating comics, they're usually slow and then they get dropped when something actually good happens.

that's true. Though i rarely see it done, let alone done right. So i give shad a pass at least.

fucking christ i hate when he does that

playstation is the only thing that keeps sony afloat even though they weren't even trying

sony didn't win because it did something right, only because all other console producers made huge massive fuckups

It's nintendos 1024-bit console, stupid.
Sheesh

Whoa that's a whole megabit

Depends. I play only Japanese niché stuff. So long as that still comes out on PS4 I win.

What the rest of the industry does is irrelevant.

I wish they'd just make a console that plays videogames. Why would I want Spotify or Netflix on my console? I have an ancient laptop connected to my TV that actually CAN play all media file types.

What is Treehouse, Alex?

Because normalfags

Seconded.
I literally just want a modern GBA.
All it needs to do is:

Okay so the best we can expect in terms of gameplay depth and size is what to expect on a handheld/mobile device, and the best we can expect graphically is something that scales to look good on both the telivision and handheld on the fly through some kind of techno-sorcery.

Unless this shit runs on fairy dust and unicorn farts I don't see it NOT fucking developers into a coma. Sounds familiar.

haha epic spongebob meme

Nintendo won't kill their handheld division for the sake of "unity."

Especially if they can still make money off of it.

You forgot the motion controls user

The Wii U is probably going to be abandoned
If it is going to be a cartridge based system, which by cartridge Nintendo probably means carts like the DS or 3DS (or something alike SD cards) then adding a disc drive would be dumb since it would raise production costs just for BC. The reasonable response would be to release an add-on like the Xbox 360 did, though dedicated to Wii U rather than the obviously obsolete HD-DVD

do you seriously like the term 'gamers'?
And have you ever seen anyone who wasn't total cancer use the term to describe themself?

Sort of like a PSP except it will probably make Nintendo a lot of money.

except it wont because everyone has fucking smartphones now

Nintendo has some weird 20 year support policy. The original SNES online kit that had HORSE betting was supporter for 20 years after it had been discontinued.

Wii U will be supported minimally just no new big budget items.

ok bub

I doubt that is still in place otherwise the Gamecube would be supported on the Wii U, which technically it is only it can't accept the actual discs. However, if you hack the vWii you can use Nintendon't perfectly

It's not that Pokemon Go is a real game, it's a big step up from the typical shit people play on mobile phones. I'm basically expecting Nintendo to push NX on all the Pokemon Go players and tell them they can get a lot more out of Pokemon besides flicking balls on AR pokemon and grinding by catching.

I agree, it costs way too much. It looks like they're trying to get the good stuff that came from the Wii U gamepad and put it into it's own device.

I think they're going to try and bring console-like gaming to handheld, and try and get normalfags into it since it's mobile. But the rift between Tegra X1 and the other consoles is huge. It's going to be a nightmare for developers to get it running, specially when everything else is running x86 and AMD GCN GPU.

the NVIDIA shield already has a large library and its doing exactly this. It's less of a 'nightmare' than their Power PC crap was.

The evidence is mounting up that it might only be using a Tegra X1 for a display/OS and it may be using a Semi-Custom solution from Nvidia that powers the "Dock"

NX running a 1060 equivalent would smack the shit out of PS4 Neo so that will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Probably going to be a home console and an optional tablet that you can take on the go and play via Nintendo's streaming services or Nvida GRID or you can attach Nintendo's own controller to your own tablet or phone to play them that way along with some native titles.

Cause that's what happened with Pokemon Shuffle right?
Cause that's what happened with Miitomo Right?
Cause that's what is happening now with Pokemon Go right?

No. Nintendo will shit out mobile games because the mobile audience doesn't care about quality and will throw money at anything. They won't start magically caring about console games or games with more depth than a puddle, they never will, stop being delusional.

If that's the case it's going to cost a shit ton of money.

I didn't say it would work, only that it's what they're trying to do. They want another Wii, it's what they call blue ocean strategy. Even if it did manage to work, it'd be one of those things where it's a huge fad for a year and then everyone forgets about it and doesn't come back. Just like what happened with Wii.

The "Dock" will be like a traditional console and likely around $399

I'm betting the "Blue Ocean" concept is that it works with any tablet or phone. Nintendo and Nvidia will sell their own $99 Tegra X1 branded tablet with Nvidia features like GRID as an option.

disgusting

Indeed, good example really. People would be surprise by how many "groundbreaking things" were done before someone else did it again and became mainstream.
Byt the way, isn't it amazing the number of basic features from the psp removed from the Vita, like an exclusive charging connector, usb connection on the device, TV connection, ability to change the battery, consumer friendly storage option, consumer friendly access to accounts, cool visuals on the music player. The vita is weird. I like it, but it's weird.

all those conveniences are one step closer to CFW, which sony doesn't want to suffer from again

reminder that original PSP was broken open with a fucking hacked battery pack

All? A charger connector? A tv connection? A common USB was add for the new Vita, so this is not a thing they really care about.

That's $500 for a Nintendo console. No way it'll go anywhere when Xbones are going for $249 on sales that happen often.

Nintendo usually makes some pretty disgusting hardware choices.

You're absolutely right. Success isn't determined by who comes up with the best idea, it's by who uses the idea the best.

you gotta wonder how their hardware team keeps fucking up since the N64. it's laughable since even children know that Nintendo sucks when it comes to hardware.

Consumers pay more for hardware these days. $399 entry point is easy for them. Especially if they design their own hardware

But then according to some devs, the PS4 Neo is a only a thing due to Sony wanting a "4K Playstation" as a last final push to try help their flagging electronics division sell more TV's and a reaction to whatever Nintendo created so Nintendo have a very good chance to offer a solid alternative and a blue ocean concept compared to hastily slapped together the Neo is.

the nintendo NX can do anything

Player is literally in the manifesto for the takeover of the gaming community. "gamer" is too toxic and they want to subvert people into calling themselves players and distance people who already call themselves gamers from the title weakening the internal integrity of the community to make it easier to infest. Now more than ever it's very important to identify as a gamer.

As cancerous as the term gamer is, it is an established term. Gamer refers to someone who plays games as a hobby while player refers to someone playing a game. Player is more a technical term usually used to explain a situation.

That and they are trying imply that playing a game enough to make you a hobbyist. There is a serendipitous collision with SJWs and Sony with that term which Sony's cancerous viral marketing.

how are they killing it if they are making a new handheld dude

Typo, but really… you can apply this logic to either side. People are sticking with this dual handheld/console idea when it doesn't really make any sense for them to do it business wise. "let's just make one machine instead of two to sell, I'm sure if it bombs we'll have literally nothing to fall back on like with the 3DS when Wii U wasn't doing well."

Plus, it would feel like you're either latching down your handheld to a dock, or subverting your console for the sake of portability.

The "mystery port" on the old Vitas is actually a USB 2.0 port. The proprietary connector was a collab with Panasonic for… some purpose… which fell through, but you can still buy the connectors.

And since it's a USB, that means once there is proper CFW - it won't be too difficult to turn that port into USB storage, circumventing the bullshit proprietary memory cards. Maybe even some industrious Chinese sweatshop owner will make a Vita-Port to MicroSD adapter that just sits on top of your Vita, instead of having to deal with a wire hanging down from the top with a USB stick plugged in.

It COULD also be used for Video-Out (Panasonic sells AV cables that use that port too, for the same camera model), but again, you'd need somebody to write that function into the CFW - and it would prevent you from using external storage while it's plugged in to a TV.

wow, PAL is so cinematic.

It would have to be external in some way, given the dimensions of the two cards.

I don't know, Wii U really didn't sell all that well. They might feel like it's not really worth their time to be putting out multiple pieces of hardware that have separate development environments and different logistical supply requirements.

Once you make a controller like the Gamepad, isn't the logical extension of that just making the Gamepad an independent system in its own right?

Yes, it would. That's exactly what I'm saying. The port on the top of the Vita is a USB connector. You'd have a dongle that sits on top of the Vita, connected through that port, which uses MicroSD for storage. Then you'd just need CFW capable of reading and writing from that port and using it as the default data storage.

Or, barring specialized hardware for a lower profile, just the generic cable hanging down with a USB Thumbdrive plugged in.

From what I could see, the Vita game cards can be written too, so, maybe just use the card port with a micro sd adapter and a custom CFW?
But, can you charge your vita from that other connector?

I'd imagine the wii being as big as it was, will keep them from dropping consoles for a good while.

That is such a load of crap.
€199 is NOT $199 and i'm tired of this bullshit.
First america goes bonkers with inflation and then pretends like they are making the prices equal for everyone, but in fact, in most euro countries we take more time to earn the same amount of money, simply cause inflation is lower!
Fuck you Sony, you jewmaster.

If nintendo released adapters for their consoles, would people by them? I mean, imagine one adapter for all disc based consoles?

Actually it's gonna be the X2, codenamed "parker".

Gamers as a term has been around before you were born mate. It was used loooong before even IGN and GameSpot existed.

Stop being paranoid.

Funny thing is that the PS3 still gets more games than the wiiU.

By Sithis the wiiU is such a piece of shit.

I'll tell you what it is: fucked.
Ps4k and Scorpio will blow it the fuck out.

How could it? Neo is, by all accounts from developers. A rushed together hack job to do "4K" that won't improve Framerate and FPS. Or even resolution in some cases that is designed for a better VR and 4K Upscaling

Scorpio is still an enigma becasue people are falling for thinking "Locked Specs" when it's the easiest PR trick in the book to have a better spec at product reveal (Apple does it all the time and it's looking like Vega 10/11 will give them 8Tflops) potentially too expensive for the market and still never going to attract the growing PC gaming market.

NX has the chance to appeal to everyone with great Nintendo games and attract back third parties. And Tegra X2 Parker has been rumored to be quite punchy with over 2 Tflops. Nintendo could even use a multi GPU set up with a parker in the tablet and one in the dock and give 4TF. Price it right and the casuals will flock compared to the Neo and Scorpio.

Greater marketing and Nintendo will no doubt be charging a premium for underpowered hardware.

You Know that was pretty shit port by nVidia and they also ported RE 5 to it and it run shitty also. Also the ports are held back by running on android.

The TEGRA X1 is pretty powerful for mobile hardware and kill all mobile chipsets gpu wise but not cpu and cpu wise is about as fast as a core 2 duo, which isn't far off from the AMD Jaguar Cores also.

But rumor says that it would use a Tegra X2 which is twice as powerful.

Now this is just all rumors and shit, so no one even knows like when people thought the 3ds would use a tegra

The "4k" thing is because they want to serve movies, SPORTS, and ads in 4k. Games will almost all upscale as 6tflops is too low for good graffix in 4k (unless they want to do [email protected]/* */ which would be pretty unfortunate).

thats amazing!

They are killing it, they just want it to be okay with nintendrones like you before they axe it.

This is an interesting idea, and it could save money on manufacturing a component that wouldn't be used by all it's buyers. Eg: those picking up their first ever console/Nintendo console.

After checking sales figures for the Wii up until the 2nd Wii removing GCN backwards compatibility was released in Oct 2011 sales were around 89.36 million worldwide. How many of those Wii users would have even have utilized the GCN support? Even taking in to account there were only 22 million GCN's sold.

Note the slightly sad fact there 4:1 ratio of Wii's that can play GCN games to original GCN hardware.

The idea of seperate BC modules sounds like a good way to reduce manufacturing costs and cater to an audience hardcore Nintendo fans? that will want BC while saving money on BC hardware that won't be used by most other "new" console owners.

n3DS in itself is nothing new when you look at the original gameboy and DS. It's just Nintendo's last ditch effort to squeeze money out of something before they move on by adding new features. Amiibos are an outside element that has only shit up games that take advantage of it. (Which you can probably count on one hand how many 3DS games actually use the feature.)
refer to my first statement.

I'm sure their next handheld will take full advantage of all the amiibo stuff, and most likely be under a similar OS as their next console. And it'll be "dead."

But I'm not talking about that kind of dead. I'm talking about actually abolishing their handheld/console line to try and do this shitty 50/50 thing with one machine.

Nx is gonna be the flop of the century

It's Nintendo's last console.

Whens tgs? They might reveal the nx there.

I like to bowl, but I hate it when people call me a "bowler". People who call themselves bowlers are total cancer. I prefer to call myself "strategic ball rolling artist", because every time I throw the ball down the lane it's a stroke of art.

Buy one day one

Stick it in the closet

Wait for hacks

Install

Get use out of the fucking thing

This is the golden rule with all nintendo shit lately

I probably will not be buying this as I don't see anything interesting coming from it personally

We do not know enough about this console to shit on it yet

We also do not speak for the average consumer and for all we know this could be a massive success despite how shitty it probably will be

/thread

holy shit, how does it do it?

Well its the most reasonable response and it would be cost effective. Only make a limited number of them, so that buyers that customers that already have a Wii U (or bought one recently) and don't want to be fucked over (like SEGA did with the Saturn to Dreamcast jump). Hell, you could probably bundle it with the NX for a higher price and make some solid dough.

I'd say a minority since the average person that bought a Wii was as normalfag as it gets. It was many people's first console, and by first console I mean people that were never interested in vidya to begin with. Its not surprising that the Wii had BC since its practically a roided out NGC. The Wii begun as an add-on for the NGC. The Wii U was baffling however since hardware-wise it does NGC natively yet doesn't accept the mini-discs (probably would've have to pay licensing or something, plus its 10+ year old software). Reminds me of the Genesis that had BC with Master System despite the carts not fitting.

Well, it could also be done so as not to anger customers, especially if they bought a Wii U recently. The Wii U may have had a normal life-span gen-wise but its software and titles leave much to be desired. It would be a good way to pad the NX launch as well.