Mulitplat Thread

Are these games best on PS2, Gamecube, or Xbox? Also, multiplat comparison thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yF4ZLtVIk8o
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I know the GameCube had alot of visual effects removed for space, and the z stick made precision more difficult.

The Xbox was king of loading times but I can't remember anything else.

I personally liked the ps2 version the most, still have it, still play it

Not really the best games, but they were really good, memorable shooters on those platforms. They had a bitch-ton of multiplayer mods, bots, a good campaign and a map editor in which you could design single player levels, which no other game in recent memory has bothered to include.
Imagine how much EA or whoever published this would charge for a game with this many features nowadays via DLCs.

$7.99 for each

A PS2 launch title had a more advanced mapmaker than D44M

That's pretty sad.

Best console shooters right here, not a single one has been as close of these two regarding quality in everything and on top of it a great gameplay.
As an autist gem it had a really good mapmaker that let you create even campaigns on it.

Im kind of glad Timesplitters has stayed dead for the most part.

The general rule of thumb for Gen 6 multiplats is as follows:
Worst version. Worse textures than the latter two, and generally no exclusive content.

Slightly better textures, sometimes has exclusive content like mini-games or characters

Best version. Better textures, resolution and lighting, better loading times (especially noticeable when playing the game from the HDD). Exclusive content and DLC. Other additions like allowing one to use their own music.

As always there's exceptions to the rule, and one must consider other things like how comfortable the controller is, controller mapping and game accesibility/price (unless you pirate of course).

Didn't the devs admit that it was possible but fuck it, or was that Ed Boon concerning Motaro in MK Armageddon. Or was it both

Just get em for the system they were first released for.
Generally Xbox version are the best in case of multiplats

youtube.com/watch?v=yF4ZLtVIk8o

Videogames died when nobody was looking…

Just play it on Dolphin with a 360 controller. Problem solved.

You tell me

Xbox. That goes for most 6th gen games with some exceptions (like Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2)

What the hell. This game also does have a better mapmaker than most other games. Shit. It's even better that the Nu Doom mapmaker!

The games still look really damn good and hold up well these days. I love how smooth and crisp the character models in TS2 still look.

also the fucking music. vid related

Posting more awesome music

I wish I could play some with another user.

Still can't beat TS2's hard-mode campaign, not even co-op with my brother. Yelled like madmen when we finally beat Atom Smasher but the fucking machine factory wrecks us hard.

ts1 was actually fucking hard

What the fuck am I supposed to do at the very end? I try flipping the switches down and they immediately flip back up? I think that's what happened. I just remember them not going down and got my ass kicked by the splitters

Haven't played in forever but I think you just have to get the fuck out back to the beginning of the stage.

Never played TS1. Like the music though

Get it. Good luck.

I think TSFP on the GC had the multiplater on one disk and all the solo content on the other. I don't remember the graphics being too different.

Something I've noticed over time is low quality audio in third-party GameCube games. It's very noticeable in Prince of Persia: SoT. I'm guessing as time went on, porting standards declined for the GC version of multi-plats.

Every single fucking multiplat is best on the xbox

Gen 6 really was the last truly great generation. 7 was a mixed bag, it introduced many of the cancers we know today but still had some good stuff that carried on from G6.

This current gen has been a drag, all the previous gen's cancer plus a little extra and it took about 3 years for decent games to come out.

PSDouble version always

I'll be honest, if they started a kickstarter with the original team to make a spiritual successor, I wouldn't pay in, but I'd definitely keep an eye on it and buy a day or two after full release.

Xbox versions ran at 720p, and didn't require a multitap.

The fuck? No it's all on one disc.

That could be the PS2

That's not how you say never

Has there been any notable backports recently? I only know of the MSGV on the 7th gen consoles being pretty good thanks to the Fox Engine.

I can confirm it wasn't the PS2, I had the PS2 version and it was all on one disc

Xbox was the best console that generation it just had no gaems

inferior controls, compromises for disc space (usually sound quality), solid graphics
Superior graphics and loading times, paid online, never have to deal with memory cards thanks to HDD space, capable of custom soundtracks with some games
Inferior graphics, superior controls, free online

Xbox wins on the multiplat front.

They wouldn't even bother, they don't know how to advertise a game like Timesplitters, why TS4 never became a thing.

Does Crytek still own it or did they bleed it out?
Rewind is going slow as fuck.

they don't run at 720p, but you can do some amazing things when you run the game off the hard drive and upgrade to an 80pin IDE cable. Compared to the PS2's 5.5-6MB DVD read speed, the Xbox's 5.5-6MB DVD read speed, the hard drive can read at 3 times the speed once you upgrade the cable (or just two times if you don't) resulting in 3 times faster loads.

xbox also had free dlc.