EXTRA EXTRA

Cuckdev is working on actual gameplay features for the first time this year!

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/HXH92
archive.is/xNwZA#selection-17165.1-17181.0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

So, what, he got tired of memes or something?

doesn't count

oh this is what people mean by 'feature creep" this game is full of idea guy stuff but no payoff

it was interesting when it was a new breed of social-stealth like hitman now its a mess and he wants it to be like yakuza for some reason

Kill me.

Nobody cares

I wonder how well he's doing in reddit after his little episode. Has he gotten anything useful there?

He's still going to implement in beat em up combat just for one fucking rival. The scope of this game has gone all over the place and he has no idea what he's doing.

the game will suffer for it

Sageeee

this should be the main image

fuck the cuck

kek, his idol basically told him his coding was shit and that he was shit. It's made in unity so it's easy to do.

Especially since most of them were from cuckchan. We never had retards doing shit like this a year ago

FUCK OFF WITH THESE THREADS! YANSIM THREADS SHOULD BE BANNED

And according to anons from the previous threads, it doesn't seem to have improved much.

well thats actually a good idea and…

Mother fucker just place it outside the if statement! You clearly want it to get hit!

I need more of this shit

I don't know why he bothers asking.

>>>/reddit/

I'm not even a fucking programmer and I know this shit isn't fucking logical.

i'm unfamiliar with code, anyone wanna gimme a quick rundown of what the fuckup is?

Especially the one where he determines eye color randomly, that's good fucking shit too

I won't pretend I'm an expert at programming or anything, but fuck, even I can do better than that. Hell, I'm pretty sure I accidentally made code like this and still managed to fix it.

I'm not very familiar myself, but he could've just set up an AND gate
instead of writing out all those fucking if statements for no reason

How can kikes be cucked?
I thought they caused cucking?
Look at this face. It is the physical manifestation of cuckoldry itself.

truth be told i kinda miss yansim threads

watching faggots slobber all over his dick and watching yandev try and justify or handwave away the autism of his past had a certain kind of charm that i didn't realize i valued until it was gone i still never want to see his faggy posting again. i guess now i'll just have to settle for the schadenfreude joy of watching his project spiral further and further

ah i get it now, sorta.

That's pretty fucking embarrassing for him.

I thought we were done talking about this guy and his game that will never come out

Even then some of the ideas he implemented in July's update sound cool on paper but the odds are it probably wont matter in the grand scheme of things.

Like two characters being siblings. Neat, kill one and it'll affect the other, but unless its for a major character what difference will it make? Killing a loved one and have them go berserk in front of you, fine except for the retarded QTE which is a horrible idea, but unless its for major NPCs whats the point?

Of course, even though he claims to he never really listens. It sounds like a massive waste of time for like one fight, especially when the game doesnt even have good stealth kill options and runs worse than any Crysis game.

He is probably doing it per frame.
Fuck everything. No wonder those builds where lagging to hell.
Technically not bad depending on why its being converted since it only does it once it finally hits an if statement.

Wait is that the actual release date? Because shit, they really BTFO yandev with this.

Polite sage

Look, if a faggot like YanDev can do it you can, especially if you're using babby's first engine Unity.

Hell, you as a fucking beginner could probably do a better job coding a fucking game than YanDev.

I don't know shit about coding but yesterday I looked at a list of operators and how to use them for Ruby and I already know better than YandereDev, pretty much anyone can do better than him with a few minutes of looking at code.

Jesus bloody Christ enough already people chronicle his exploits like he's fucking Chris-chan and in the same breath say they want him gone, don't ever want to see him ever again, cucky cuck cuckaroonie

MAKE UP YOUR MINDS

People like to shit on things as well on Holla Forums.

Piss poor math skills and a lack of reason to learn programming out side of "I want to make a vidya game!" Just sounds like a recipe for failure to me.

Technically the else if is more "efficient" since the && gates would require a comparison with everything. However, it becomes unreadable as fuck.

He actually ordered them in a sensible way. Th real sin is the fact that he uses the actual fucking string word "and", and in "Weapon and Insanity". He is using string literals for alert flags. What the fuck. He could have at least had "Weapon" && "Insanity" in some way, but its clear he only has the ai able to hold one type of alert flag possible, but has multiple possible combinations of conditions.

I don't want to go into details ,because its already showing an underlying flaws in the ai.

It's fun to shit on things you hate.

Oh shit, this is from C90, isn't it? Can someone tell what's actually happening here? Aside from the Unity and Nico animus clipping through everything, of course.

Why the fuck are you even posting about this?

There can be only one reason.

Cuckdev, begone.

Besides the obvious "it's fun to watch him burn", YanDev is a pretty good example of how NOT to be an indie dev, and following his exploits lets wannabe devs see firsthand what they should avoid, be it abhorrent code practice or the pure unfiltered ego YanDev has. It's a unique situation because YanDev had closer ties to the chans than other indie devs, so when he melted down and fucked off back to Reddit, we actually got to see it happen in realtime, rather than just speculate where their loyalties lie like we do with so many other devs.

it looks like if he was programming on C

That's because he is. Unity uses C#.

look at

I can't read moon runes.

yansim threads are not allowed, gtfo

He threw a fit and told us all to go to hell, why would you ever give him attention again?

It might look worse but shit has more than yanderecuck will ever achieve in a year.

you just did by bumping this thread

Too little too late.

Where is Car-user when you need him?

He pretty much showed that the criticisms he received were all pretty much justified. The fact that he couldn't filter out legit criticism from the trolls and ran away to his hugbox revealed his true nature. Hell the fact that he kept putting up polls and listening to them after the fact his audience turned into the pewdiepie audience was a dead give away that he made bad decisions.

Don't forget that failed pitch he did in June where he proposed a beat em up combat system in what is supposed to be a STEALTH game. Only to bring it back now halfway through August.

Nigga straight up doesn't care and does whatever he wants.

This is the most retarded, tech-illiterate string of characters I have ever seen in my life, and I have been on Holla Forums.

And then theres

Which, I mean, would be fine if he didn't keep going on about how "this is a game for the community" and "he's doing it all for the fans".

A dev who makes bad choices is one thing. A complete liar is quite another.

I'm honestly expecting the game to come out on early access and the end product to be a mess that rivals Mighty No 9 and No Mans Sky by trying to be an jack of all trades and apprentice at none.

I've been out of the loop simply because I don't care about this fucker but wasn't he going to change the name to something gay like: "Love Sick".

He's not entirely wrong though.

But that DOES look like shit.
And the animation DO looks stiff and bad

I still can't get over those string comparisons. It's like watching someone try to hammer screws in with the grip of a screwdriver.

sup nodevs

Right, what could possibly go wrong by surrounding himself of yes men and fangirl?

Nips do what YandereDoesn;t.

hello newfag

you faggots are so tsundere for this guy

its hilarious

It never fails to amuse me every time I see it. How insecure of your masculinity and sexuality do you have to be if the Aztec Gods of Fitness makes you uncomfortable?

More like heartbroken. Some of us genuinely wanted this game to succeed.

what the fuck is happening here

He really, really wants to make a Yakuza game.

why not ?

The higher the eagle soars now , the harder the fall is gonna be. Even more so if it's not an eagle but a weasel with some feathers strategically glued to it in order to make it think it's an eagle

Yup. At one point he even wanted to add a whole town into the game.

this game is so fucking ass If I had to write up an essay and I already did it

Yanderedev is a fucking retard idiot that always uses buzzwords rather than showing the actual fucking product, you can see it in every stupid fucking blog post he does. like GAME DESIGN and MECHANICS
After the invincibile retards 2: the electric fucking bagoloo
he promises no more memes, his fanbase also requested to fucking make a game
he still has a surplus of 4 thousnad fucking US DOLLARS (which by trhe way is like a billion in AUD), that he won't use because he hasn't find the required volunteer to sit down and make shitty HAIR MODELS AND ONE TEACHER MODEL OVER THE COURSE OF 6 MONTHS THEN LEAVE BECAUSE HOLY SHIT EMME GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND RUN AWAY WITH MINUMUM WAGE PAYMENT

Fuck off with this shit meme game, not a single fucking release date to shoot for or it's stupid fucking kickstarter that will have stupid fucking tshirts of a sutpid fucking heart with a rice bowl on top of it from taiwan and little fuckboi thais in sweatshops. Yanderedev doesn't know what the fuck is a stealth game, a simulation game, a business tycoon game, an "RPG" game with stupid fucking numbers to look at and a 3d beat em up game that's not DMC or a rhythm based game with two taps per hour

L A T E 2 0 1 7
L A T E 2 0 1 7
L A T E 2 0 1 7
L A T E 2 0 1 7
L A T E 2 0 1 7

The animations look no worse than Yanderedev's own robotic awkward shit, but the models look 600% better.

well for one he will be able to develop the game he wants instead of being forced to pander to a more bitter demographic

I think he's trying to compare way too much in that single block of code instead of just using switches. Also it's really looking like every single else block terminates in the same exact code which means he doesn't need 7 or 8 else blocks. Basically this indicates the entire game's code is suffering from intense copy-paste programming.

I've never had anything to do with coding in my life. But couldn't he just have one of those going? I assume its for getting seen and then you get a game over. Couldn't you just set the teacher to react to all of them at once in one line of code and then set a priority within that one line?

Alternatively wouldn't it just be smarter to say "hey if the teacher sees this then you get a game over" instead of having like 10 billion different outcomes that all do the same? I can see it might have different flavour text but it all seems a redundant way to tell people how they fucked up in the game if anything.

If he'd still been here this game wouldn't be a mess of schizophrenic design it is now.

No, I meant he's not entirely wrong regarding imageboards like this.
They ARE the anus of the internet and people here enjoy and celebrate hating on things.

Sorounding yourself with Yes Men is bad, but the exact opposite ins't healthy either.

At this point I believe that the correct thing to do is to post infrequently in whatever platform you like using and ignoring about 95% of your audience. Don't make a big fuss about your persona and just like make game.

I mean something like

if teacher sees blood, weapon, insanity (priority = blood>weapon>insanity) then game over cause = priority

Wouldn't that be better?

Can't tell who to be mad with, the jew with emotional instability or the fags defending him.

Either way gooks will make a better game with more panties.

Agreed.

While reading feedback is recommended, common sense dictates that you'll be ignoring most of it in the end.
Silence, as they say, can be golden.

D:

Why did he betray us Holla Forums?
Why did he not give us the pantsu inventory like it was meant to be?

This is all he had to do, but he couldn't do it because the allure of the reddit hugbox and the kotaku interview got to him.

I wonder if he lurks here silently.

If only everyone could think like that…

What is the correct balance of listening to fans and just telling them to fuck off? Honestly I have no idea, I know standard gaming companies have QA testers but they just tell you whether or not something in the game is broken. And there's test for audience acceptance for tv shows to get greenlights, but it's not like you can let an average person dictate your project. What is the correct balance Holla Forums?

I'd say don't listen to people for ideas, they don't know what to improve or remove but you should be on the look out for feedback seeing how people play the game, QA testers are good as you get to see how people respond to the game and can tweak stuff. If a large group of people get stuck somewhere for example that tells you you need to add more into the level to signpost where to go better.

Geez, Holla Forums. Let it go.
You're acting like a frustrated ex-girlfriend who won't admit she made a mistake by breaking up.

There's always been a bunch of people which were after him no matter what he did. In the end they got him to leave the site and piss all of us off but they still want to shit on him.

The correct balance is just make the fucking game you want and don't ask for feedback from the community at all, then after you release the 1.0 version go around forums and shit silently collecting common complaints and "wouldn't it be awesome if" ideas, start releasing patches fixing those issues and implementing those features, but as soon as the community realizes you're actually reading and considering their posts declare the game complete and move on to the next one. Whatever you do, never ever continue developing a game with a following where the community is fully aware that they're influencing you, it's a pain in the ass and only good for drama, it won't make your game better, it will only make your life worse. If you ever have to interact directly with the community, do it anonymously.

Notice how OP only has (1) post. Its EvaXephon.

honeypotdev should have slapped that guy.

What a faget.

Who gives a shit about that at this point? What about the actual GAME? The game where killing everyone with a knife is more encouraged than actually trying to play it smart in some way? The game with a million disposal methods for worthless NPCs that will probably be useless against bosses?

As a future content creator I appreciate the feedback Holla Forums. On the one hand, you're a bunch of assholes, on the other hand, you have good taste. I think this is the reason Kickstarter always disappoints and any dev who is developing a game (except dating simulators where it's literally just "please add my mosntergirl waifu) make a version 1.0 and then to continue creating content ask for money to expand.

I think the right balance is just doing what you want with your project while listening your fans time to time for anything you might like to improve. Also, be aware that if you look for some suggestions from Holla Forums or image boards in general you must be aware that people whould throw feces at you and you should expect that, so wear a coat and just listen to any good points between shitstorms.

Its hard to eloquently express how to take in criticism. You can't deny the people who just say "this part is just shit" either. It depends on circumstance and a lot of other factors in cases like that. Even if people are assholes or shitposters it doesn't mean that they're wrong. So the general rule "consider erverything" applies.

Same reason that a more worded and longer response isn't a better response.

That's true.

What I'm trying to say is that YandereDev made one single mistake, a mistake that was fatal. Well, maybe two. Taking shitposting personal and crave for appraisal. As a former user he should had known how that would make people react arround here.

I'm not trying to discredit you, I'm just trying to add.

Also YanDev was always just out for the money. Never doubt it.

Those are pretty fucking huge mistakes m8. Don't downplay it as if he just slipped up on accident and now we're out for his blood. His personality is simply incompatible with this place, so he was bound to leave sooner or later.

His personality definitely doesn't help with the situations he finds himself in. Maybe I've been lucky but 99% of the time I post shit I'm working on I get supportive feedback.

Well, everyone is always just out for the money. Like, if I could sell some shit to some normalfags and get a few thousands or even a million, I would sell out myself and then just say sorry later. Maybe with the benefits I could do the actual promised game as a hobby and share it with my initial audience.

ELSE IF ELSE IF ELSE IF

I wonder if he was just in it for an ego instead.

What I noticed with Holla Forums is that unlike reddit or YouTube who will suck your dick no matter what you do, Holla Forums will tell you the bitter truth, you may not like to hear it, but they will say what the other faggots are afraid to say, as that is what is important I believe.

Well, never said those two mistakes were small. It's like making the mistake of going inside a septic tank with all the chermicals and gasses without proper gear. You would just drop dead and make someone else go to save you and make the same mistake, over and over again.

Many people die just forgetting about the basic when it counts.

No. I would never sell my soul. I might dislike not selling my soul, but I would never go through with it. If you do it then you are a disgusting person and I have no clue how you could possibly live with yourself.

That too obviously.

Because the world is cruel and the only people who cares about selling out are people who doesn't need the money to begin with or just hippies who will learn the reality of the world the bad way.

Yeah no fuck off jew.

If you say so.

I do say so. There's a difference between wanting and doing things for money money and selling your soul and destroying everything good for extra money.

I probably would sell out too, but after im loaded and dont have to worry about money anymore i'd do what i want for hobby.

Well, just look at the guy of 7 nights at Freddie's.

He did a game normalfags loved and now he is swimming in dope thanks to it. Everyone is giving him shit because he gives his audience what they exactly want, yet he isn't a faggot talking shit in twitter.

Maybe even market it as "Game: The real version" or some shit like that.

Do you have a point? And no he isnt giving his audience "what they want", you can tell by the constant experimentation and changing the formula with every game that he is making what he wants with a FNAF coat on it. He is an example of my side of the argument, that you can still get money while not selling your soul for it. He never made his game into a meme game, he never did anything to majorly promote his games that had any negative impact on his involvement (or lack of) with the community. You have no argument in favour of you in FNAF.

In before some poorly made greentext in order to dodge the fact that you have nothing in your favour here.

First of all, relax your tits. I know we are in an anonymous board but you don't have to be on the defensive 100% of the time.

Second… you do have a point. What I was trying to say is that there are different degrees of selling out, but I do like what you said comparing it to what I said.

Sadly as I see the world only money can bring total freedom. Take Notch as an example. He sold out his shitty meme game to Microsoft and now he is totally free to shitpost in twitter.

Oh boy here we go.
So you're trying to reiterate what I have been saying since the first post all of a sudden. But without mentioning that you hold the exact same argument as the opposing person does. Sounds like you just realized how much of a slimy jew you exposed yourself as and now you just want to try and reconcile while not losing the argument. Swallow your pride and just admit that selling your soul for money is disgusting behaviour and that what you posted was wrong all along and stop trying to call your opposition angry.
Irrelevant to any part of any argument.

For fucks sake, I want to agree with you but you are being such a cunt about it you make it hard.

I'm not the one who was originally screaming "u mad" and trying to defend shitting on a games quality in order to cater to a larger audience. The only reason you think I'm a cunt is because you know I'm right and that you were wrong and you really can't handle it. Climb over your pseudo-intellectual high ego persona and become a better person instead of whining all the time when you're not always right.

I've never said anything about you being made or some meme shit. You are the one starting calling people jew and other offenses, then trying to misrepresent what I said to bring it to the most extreme representation.

I like some of the things you said and I even agree with many of them in some degree, but your constant shitposting and doing everything you accused me to do.

I think I have to grant you the victory because you are the master shitposting, bringing arguments and valid points anyone would agree with 100% but being such an asshole and trying so hard to get an angry response out of me it makes it hard to agree with you out of pure pride.

This is for you to delight yourself because you really trolled me.

Proven wrong.
So its an offence to be a judaist? Why do you hate the jewish religion?
I have never done this and I have never seen you call me out on this previously. Clearly you are grasping at straws as befitteing of a pseudo-intellectual high ego persona.
I have never shitposted. I have called you out as being of a jewish stereotype (the greedy moneyhungry jew) because you said you would sell out (said here ). Which in other slang is called "selling your soul" in reference to the fact that in order to sell out you are sacrificing something. Scott Hawthon or whatever isn't a sellout for making his games as he has not sacrificed any part of his game in order to make it more popular or any similar of the sort.
Or in other words "you're right, but I won't let you win without claiming that you are also evil for being right". The last line of defense for a pseudo-intellectual high ego persona. When you can't get exactly what you want and worm your way out of a loss you will say the opposition is a great evil of some kind.
I have never done anything for the sake of attention or replies. In fact several posts now have been "you should just stop and say you were wrong". So if anything you are the troll since you keep constantly creating a situation where more responses are being made.

Ok, my bad here. You are totally right and I'll reflect on my wrongdoing.

Yandere dev, please leave.

Scott Cawthorn gave up on the games he really wanted to make Which were educational christian vidya for children because he was told his characters are too creepy. He then got pissy and made FNAF to prove people that that was scary, then it made money, then he gave up on what he wanted and kept making money. So, yes, he did sell out btw.

Which I obviously know is a lie at this point since you acted like a tumblrina and you're desperate to leave after getting told off for acting like a tumblrina. Its blatantly obvious after the shitfit you flew into. You really should reflect on it though.

As far as I am aware this is all up for debate. Except for the last part about selling out. Looking at the definition:
I have not seen or (well mostly since I don't play them) heard anything about the FNAF games that would cause me to believe he has sold out by the definition. But I'm sure we can at least agree that the other games he made prior were better on the whole.

You can argue that the act of just making FNAF games and turning it into a franchise is selling out, but I disagree.

CUCK DEV CUCK DEV YOU NEVER FOOLED ME

YANDEV BTFO

but there is one difference.
Its actually out.

It's simple. If you intend to be a game designer, then you yourself should have some idea of what makes good game design.

The point you stop listening to your fans is the point where you know enough about what you are doing yourself to know they are full of shit.

As one of the devs working on Phanton and Ghoulpecker, I atleast find that Holla Forums is one of the most delightfully vile dens of unfiltered hatred for anything that isnt up to the scrutiny of it's posters. Holla Forums is not one persob, but as a collective, the autists that congregate here are more to the point than any other enthusiast community. We're anons too, and we not only understand the banter, we enjoy it. But among the "Ded gaem" and the "NEVER EVER" posts, there is legitimate critique that cut right to the heart of the problem. If we were on Leddit, we would undoubtably have our dick sucked 24/7 for making a straight up nostalgia wank game. But the game would suffer without the cutting, caustic critique.

We love you, Holla Forums

full homo

This triggers my autism.

lmao loser find a real job
bet you are virgin too

not for long, you homo fag.

Please tell me someone has an archive.

I wish I did. But I got nothing, nothing besides the fact that he bitched out within 3 fucking posts.

sitewar fags are literally more retarded than console war faggots
at least xbone / wii u are legitimately bad consoles
with sitewars it's 'every site is garbage with a few decent places'

you'd have a hard time actually finding that here
i mean, i respect that you want to cater to yourself and the people you identify with, but you're going to be listening to a 1% that shits on your game and plays it without buying it, AND has standards far 'higher' than your actual playerbase

wew posted too early

Anton is free chump has been since conception.

oh, ok. carry on, user.

archive.is/HXH92

No one gives a shit.

Wipe this meme off the face of the earth.

Probably. Holla Forums is a love hate relationahip. Sometimes it can piss you off so much but you keep finding yourself coming back.

In the golden age of gaming you got gud, not got your hand held.

You're projecting. There are people who value respecting themselves and being able to look themselves in the mirror without disgust over money.

should tell my idiot cousin to play this shit instead

He looks like an inbred mongrel.

cuckdev did nothing wrong IMO

if i was working my ass off i'd get pissed to hell and back if i couldn't even get my dick sucked by the people i was trying to cater to

speaking of which i need to actually do shit lmao

you tried friend

user. Its 3 in the morning. What shit could you possibly need to do at this ungodly hour.

i'm a natural fam

it's only 9 in hawaii
shitfic and porn game

God I wish I lived in that hemisphere.

He's the one who broke up with us, though. Seriously, some of us here really tried to provide constructive criticism with a small flair of shitposting. The thing is, he was very selective about criticism, and then in the end it became very clear he didn't really care much about what we think. 11%

Stop using buzzwords like these.

anyone got a rundown on who this guy is? missed all the drama evidently.

I'm more mad about how our BO stuck up for this chode for months on end until that happened.

archive.is/xNwZA#selection-17165.1-17181.0

I guess that's some impressive progress for someone who spends 25 hours a day reading emails.

Back in spring of 2014 when most of us was on 4chan, YanDev popped claiming that he wanted to make a game where you were the Yandere. The early threads were fun and comfy as hell, and I, along with a bunch of other anons, had faith in the dev because he was anonymous at the time and I believed he wouldnt just be an idea dev. He basically pitched it as Hitman with anime girls and since the franchise was assumed dead since there wad no Hitman 2016 announced, we thought itd be great.

Then came Five Guys Burgers and Fries, and exodus, and he posted on both 4chan and Holla Forums about the game. Eventually he settled here because he couldnt handle 4chan, and now he left here because he couldnt handle imageboards anymore, possibly due to getting an inflated ego once anonimity vanishes and the game became popular. Now the game is going through an identity crisis, because he wanted to make what was a stealth game and give it a Yakuza style combat engine. And for a few boss fights, when the skeleton on Stealth is non existent, and the game is apparently been in development "more than he expected".

Give it until next update to go back to adding memes.

Thinking back, yeah, Mark should have thrown him out after the first chimpout. But muh good PR with devs

Actually, the straw that broke the camel's back was when the 4chan hotpockets banned him for "advertising". Though the bants obviously had a big influence.

We already established what a cocklicking faggot he is, why are we talking about this faggot again?

Because he keeps making threads about himself and you fags bump it.

you left out a huge slice of why so many people hated him regardless of his project. he's been sperging out on 4chan for literally like eight, nine, ten years, and kept advertising his stream channels. he pirated and streamed borderlands before it was released, his stream got shut down by the moderators, and he flipped on half/v/ for no joke like a month, getting banned several times for being a cunt, dodging his bans and coming back. he wasn't exactly lanced jack or anything but he was so fucking annoying and such an autist that even 4chan decided he was too much of a failure for them. he's "left" 4chan three times now. even reddit can't handle what a faggot he is, which is why some of his most devoted dicklickers moderate his subreddit and delete/ban any posts or posters that say anything even remotely negative.

he's a faggot, plain and simple. he only came here because 4chan found out yandev was really this annoying jerkoff from before and wouldn't let him live it down, so he left and tried to find a new community of people who might not know what a sperglord he used to be