Sonic thread

Sonic thread.
Now go play:
Sonic: Before the Sequel (2012 edition)
Sonic: Before the Sequel — Aftermath (a short tech demo)
Sonic: After the Sequel
Sonic Chrono Adventure

This fangame trilogy was done by the same team and features amazing OSTs, going as far as being recognized by Jun Senoue himself.

The main creator is now working on his own game called Spark: The Electric Jester, very reminiscent of Sonic and Freedom Planet. There is a new public demo available, so go find it.

Other urls found in this thread:

htromak.tumblr.com/post/147387398025/mecha-sonic-from-sonic-3-knuckles
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Thread music

What's with autistic names?
Are those even legit fan games, or just shitty romhacks with oc shit music in them? Any webms?
Can you at least shill your shit properly?

Sounds like a Sonichu ripoff.

Could have lulz generating potential if CWC is notified about it.

It might make him produce rage videos again instead of reading copypasta for money.

Ok

Whens spark coming out?

I heard it's something like February.

I looked this up when it was first released and liked the look of it, but never played it. Just today I looked it up again to DL it, and it looks good.

Best sonic shield? Gotta be electricity. Double jump AND ring magnet.

I say that Headcannon/Pagoda/SEGA/etc. should bring Falk on to compose some tracks for Mania. Tee Lopes seems to be doing a good job so far going by Studiopolis and the title theme, but I think Falk can bring some more robust material to the table in the same style as what they seem to be going for (Sonic CD-like house with funk/disco/R&B influence).

Also, has anyone tried Sonic World/Blitz Sonic? The physics are a bit off and the project suffers from some feature creep (namely adding and tweaking characters when focus should be put on improving overall playability), but it's a solid 3D Sonic engine/sandbox-type thing that's in-between Adventure and Heroes in terms of gameplay. Plus the latest release has a Chao Garden, for you fags that are into that.

The games take place between Sonic 1 and 2 and between 2 and 3K, respectively.

Don't forget rom hacks, even though Sonic Megamix is pretty well dead in the water from people who worked on it going on to other things its Sega CD version's leak is pretty complete and a fantastic game all on its own.

I'm pretty sure I didn't quote the low-quality bait, yet there it is. I blame Hotwheels.

I definetly recommend these. I just love Sonic games where you can instantly turn on and off the Super mode, thus allowing you strategize and give you more player choice. For the second one, the only drawback is how hard it is to get your rings back.

Come on man
The nigga makes some great tracks as well. Sonic definitely needs his groove back.

Sonic VR and Sonic the Next Level is also pretty good. OH and Pana Der Hejhog that shit was golden as well. I guess I just love short tech demo like games. Usually they're just too good for this sinful earth.

Man, to think I made this image like 3 years ago already…

doesn't sound like video game music.

the only autistic name i see is Chrono Adventure

Listening to Titanic Tower and Metro Madness, I get where you're coming from. That bass blows my mind. Gotta give props to Andy Tunstall and KgZ, too, Fortress Flow and Perilous Paradise are great.

Also, if we're talking romhacks, can't forget Sonic 2 Retro Remix. Good shit.

Damn right they're actual sound tracks that make great video game songs on top of that.
His songs fit really well.

What happened to that Sonic X-treme recreation. I remember testing out their physics demo [after a bit of fiddling] and it turned out to be pretty gud from what I played so far.

Also Sonic Classic 1 and 2 I hear are pretty gud. And the guy is reworking Classic 1 a bit into a new engine.

And also Sonic Roboblast 2 FINALLY starting to include real slopes and slope physics. Shit looks so Ca$h.

that's some sexy low-poly model
got any more?

Sounds less like a ripoff and more like a generic mascot invented for a platformer.
Like Zero The Kamikaze Squirrel and whathaveyou.

Cool part about that is SRB2's interpretation of slopes can be backported to other Doom projects and then everything can get applied-momentum slope action.

yeah, I'd rather have generic orchestral score #305, that fits the mood so much better

I just want to netplay it with a friend using the Chaotix style mode so we don't leave each other behind all the time

server where?

I haven't played a Sonic game since Sonic Heroes. Have I missed anything/

colors and generations

reminder that even the shittiest sonic games typically have a good sound track

Except Sonic Chronicles

If gameplay's dull to good but the soundtrack's amazing, always check the package and make sure. Half the time it's a Sega game

On top of that the Rush and the Advance series of games.

Speaking of vidya How is Lost World? I played the 3ds version and was royally pissed at the shit tutorial and shitty level design/camera. And saw it on PC. Does it have a better time at all?

Its shit, is like that rouge stage in space from SA2 except sonic moves even slower than rouge did

I'm not joking

sonic cd > other sonics games

What about Sonic R?

Really mediocre, does a very bad job at explaining its controls, level design is too simplistic, not fast enough.

Never seen that S&K mecha sonic in 3D, wheres that from?

htromak.tumblr.com/post/147387398025/mecha-sonic-from-sonic-3-knuckles

Are there any rips of the models from the Saturn or DS Sonics? They might be pretty good for what you're looking for.

There are rips of the sonic xtreme renders, even ones for knuckles (from a beta I guess).

The ones from sonic jam/R were really low poly, much more than these ones here

In fact most lowpoly models aren't really lowpoly but flat-shaded so they look like old 3D games that used way less polygons