No Man's Sky confirmed for cashgrab operation

gamezone.com/news/no-man-s-sky-founder-backtracks-could-get-paid-dlc-3442515
archive.is/OmCBK

Last week, the creator of No Man's Sky, Sean Murray, revealed that the game would not be getting any paid DLC. Instead, players can look forward to free patches that include new content. A new interview with Sean Murray has him backtracking a bit on that statement.
Speaking with DailyStar, Murray said that it was "perhaps naive" for suggesting No Man's Sky only see free updates. Murray plans on bringing "new content and new features" to the game. Some of the new features that have been suggested for the game is " the ability to build bases and own giant space freighters" - something that has tickled the fancy of a number of No Man's Sky players.
However, pressed on whether or not the DLC will be free or get a price, Murray said that there was a chance that it could happen. "Maybe in the future there’s some reason why we just couldn’t possibly afford to do a certain feature without charging for it." The reason behind putting a fee on the DLC is quite understandable, though, the game has already sold over 100K in the UK alone - which means the game made quite a bit of money in a week since release from one region alone.

NO MAN'S BUY
POST YFW YOU DIDN'T BUY THIS SHITSHOW

>NAIVE
oh shit we're sorry, we were too naive to think we couldn't release paid DLC and stick to our promises

Sorry for what? Sony told us not to be ashamed of our DLC, especially since our game was so profitable and all.

Yeah I see that, Sony gave you good advice

Jews are unbelievable.

2016'S BIGGEST BLUNDER THAT NOT EVEN FALLOUT 4 COULD ACHIEVE

It gets bigger when I patch it.

THIS GAME IS NOT A SURVIVAL GAME!!!!!!!!!!
IT IS A FUTURISTIC SPACE TRAVEL GAME!!!!
YOU COLLECT RESOURCES AND FLY AROUND AND THATS THE FUN: NOT BATTLE…. They made this game to be not for everyone and to be a beautiful curiosity based game. It's not about those annoying crab spiders who attack…
It's about those awesome huge dinosaurs and the sunny nice planets…. It's about having a different race (vykeen gek etc…) like you and to
Make better parts etc… And once you get to the center core who knows what it might be like….
IF YOU LOOKING FOR A PVP KILLING MULTIPLAYER SURVIVAL GAME LOOK ELSE WHERE… THIS GAME WASN'T MADE FOR EVERYONE I AND IF YOUR EXPECTING TO SHOOT CRAB SPIDERS… DONT
EXTECT FINDING A CAVE WITH RARE PEARLS
AND RUNNING AWAY FROM THE SENTENAIL FORCE AFTER BEING A PEARL SPACE PIRATE
BRING IT SO A SELLING STATION AND THERE YOU GO THAT MIL UNIT IS YOUR FUN

Wrote the game off before they even finished the announcement. Few things lose me faster than "procedurally generated". And an infinite universe to explore? From a small indie team at that? How this didn't raise at least 3 red flags for some on announcement, I'll never know.

that is my fetish

fucking neptunia guy stop posting your waifu

nigga

i bought the game because of this post

why?

The proceduraly generated sheeps who bought this pile of crap $60 will now try and justify to spend even more cash on a DLC, they will also be the good gulible idiots they are and swallow all of Sean new-and-improved sweet sweet lies. How much will it be this time $20? $25? No idea, but I'm already expecting No Man's Sky bingo card 3: the revenge of electric boogaloo's son. I'm hyped for the hype to come.

Also had a friend who bought No Man's Sky just refund it cause he got burnt so bad on it. Another one finally learns.

no shit still more? goddanm this is a serius shit

They're becoming bolder

is Holla Forums one person too?

Like says, just the basics should have risen a ton of red flags. I thought everyone on this site knew from the beginning it'd be indie shit. Anyone paying $60 for indie shit is a fucking moron.
Hell, anyone paying $10 for indie shit is a fucking moron.

in mi mind everyone is in my mind becuse i am death and the neptunia guys represent my love to the animu.
I AM FUCKED .
seriusly is a great game?

isn't this something they showed off constantly at every E3 and big gaming show? Or am I thinking of a different open-world space game that failed to deliver on everything it ever claimed to be?

Go to sleep. Staying up late isn't good for your health.

Why even bother making a thread about it?

Ya, I'll eat crow and admit I was an idiot. Had more money than I knew what to do with, and thought it would be a fun game to just chill and explore pretty planets while listening to some space music. Its so fugly and grindy though that even I was disappointed even with my low expectations. At least I got the DRM free version so I can give it to friends.

I bet sony gave him a signing bonus and sucked up all the money after that.

Pirated the GOG and wow there is just nothing to do once you get the hyperdrive.
Go down to a planet, shoot trees, fly to other planet, repeat

if wasnt because of it being a blunder, i wouldnt have knew of its existance

Just get space engine you double nigger

Why is Elite Dangerous barely on torrent sites?

or you could send them the mega link and with the 60$ invite them over to some pizza.. they'd appreciate more the pizza.

isn't that multiplayer only?

Is it? I always thought it was Euro Trucker in Space.

always

what would they even add?
multiplayer?
they 'stole' the algorithm that makes the game function.
no creature have form following function restrictions to make coherent lifeforms
everything seems downgraded from foliage all the way to the UI.

Damn. What space game am I even suppose to play?

No, I don't, because I don't spend my money on scam games.

The only one worth playing is Victory 2, as its a passable if very low budget JRPG. I love the series since it came to PC but that dont mean I can give it a pass.

Also the hack and slash spinoffs suck balls

distantworlds

=TOP KEK==

There are two NMS threads up so please use this one:

I already have it, but it is a 4X.