Can we keep track of all the lore shit that Blizzard are doing with Legion...

Can we keep track of all the lore shit that Blizzard are doing with Legion? WoW's writing has always been so abysmal that it fascinates me; just when I think it can't get any worse, it does.

Other urls found in this thread:

us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20742604871
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

From what I've read on Holla Forums

Illidan is dead.
Old gods are found on multiple planets (their are hints of this in BC)
Azeroth is a titan
some other shit too

Illidan is the hero of light or whatever and dindunuffin, Elune is a Naaru, Titans birth from planets and Azeroth is the mostest powerfulest which is why everyone is so obsessed with it.

The titan pantheon has been dead since forever. Sargeras killed them all when he first rebelled.

Turns out that he's only a misunderstood villain who dindu nuffin wrong and kept destroying worlds only so they couldn't get CORRUPTED by the new and shoehorned Void Lords who were created to justify more expansions.

And holy dreadlords too.

Vol'jin is wounded by demons and ignores Baine so he can instead make Sylvannas the warchief.

Thrall loses Doomhammer and later gives it and leadership of the Earthen Ring to Enhancement Shamans

Daily reminder these threads are shill threads

The problem with their writing is they try to be unpredictable using only the most basic of tropes and plots so instead of taking the obvious path they do something retarded instead.

WOTLK

Cata

Instead of an old gods/Naga/Trolls expansion lets do pandaland and the big boss is the head of the horde

Instead of an old gods/Naga/Trolls expansion lets do time travel bullshit that makes no fucking sense and doesn't fix any of their shitty writing

Instead of an old gods/Naga/Trolls expansion lets continue time travel bullshit that makes no fucking sense while making our writing even shittier. Somehow this bullshit timeline will tie into the movies.

Illidan had done nothing wrong, he was a tragic hero, until Blizzard remembered they were terrible writers and made him "Super Evil"(tm) during BC

Gotta make him evil so players get to murderize him for phat lewt

I'm glad they finally stopped beating around the bush and sidelined the Old Gods as the second rate 14 year old kids interpretation of Lovecraft that they are and instead just went with the Warhammer knockoff guys. too bad they dindu nuffin and are just setting up for yet another "you can not possible comprehend my motivations" shit tier villain who probably will remain in the background for another decade or two because post-graduate depressives have an addiction and no amount of bad writing is going to make them quit.

about the gameplay: no one cares it's shit.

Aren't those just armored Voidwalkers? Those have been around since BC and for a time warlocks could summon them.

Those Void Lords aren't the ones we've seen

They're a generic evil behind Sargeras so we can kill him at the end of Legion without the devs writing themselves into a corner.

Nope, it's a new canon introduced in the last book Warcraft: Chronicles

us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20742604871

this is Bioware tier.

(checked)
I guess that explains why we can't summon those things anymore.

Why the fuck has anyone ever cared about the lore in this shitty series? It all began with a generic "humans vs orcs" premise and added in other shit to make itself somewhat interesting, only it never fucking stopped, and just swelled up into a useless mess that everyone except for the mentally retarded knows is shit.

Literally everything that WoW does, somebody else has done infinitely better. It's worse than your average D&D setting. It's worse than fucking Eberron for fuck's sake.

It's best to not dwell on just how invested some people are in Blizzard games user. There are people out there with thousands of hours in Diablo 3.

I like watching Blizzard writers pretend to have brains and Blizzard fans pretend to have taste. it's like watching primates at the zoo.

It's because they have no loyalty to the lore or characters.

They are in it for the shekels.

Although to be fair, they've completely pandered to their fan base to the point where they can't actually kill any main character with out protests.

It's just a abominated dying cash cow now.

I pay attention to WoW lore like I pay attention to Superhero comics lore

Trainwrecks are fun to watch

Diablo has better lore than Warcraft, even with the Diablo III additions which are almost all bullshit. Warcraft lore is just fucking retarded.

I don't know what the fuck is going on in comics anymore other than that most of the cast have been replaced by women and niggers. It's all shit.

You think that is bad?

I have a friend who likes it.

He also thinks their storytelling has gotten better because of phasing. He doesn't understand that it makes no sense if every PC is the protagonist.

>Old Gods are servants of Void Gods, who live in another universe but can't enter our universe because they are too powerful so they open portals and random throw old gods out of them not joking or exaggerating

WoW lore was never good but they aren't even trying anymore.

So does this happen in the new timeline, the old one, both, or a completely new one?

This is why I love reading WoW lore

Anyone remember that half-human half-orce half-draenei guardian? I think he was just comics only and never made it into the game itself.

He is medivh's and Garona's Child.

How he hasn't made an appearance is beyond me, but its probably because people are expecting it.

Also Holy Nathrezim are completely acceptable if and only if they become playable. Gameplay>Plot not that WoW is good at either

What do the women look like?

You take that shit back right now. Aside from there just being Way Too Much Magic Shit[TM] for a D&D setting DDO had single campaigns that shit on the entire WoW "series".

Nathrezim are genderless shitlord.
Hopefully something cute, Female dranei make no sense in comparison to males but are qts, Realistically they'll probably be built like Refrigerators since the game needs an unattractive female race to be diverse.

This is some bullshit. Fucking, isn't Turalyon supposed to be the leader of the Grand Coalition of the light? Fucking Illidan was a tragic hero, this is so fucking lame.

Why does Blizzard hate Paladins? Is it cause Turalyon is justly racist against Orcs and anything fel-infused? That he isn't at the head of the massive army of Naaru and shit, blasting the fuck out of demons and void lords, but some bullshit like this is pulled.

Christ, I'm mad as fuck

I'll never stop laughing at all the SJW salt after this April Fool's prank.

I guess I should thank Blizzard. If it weren't for Warchief Sylvanas, Demon Hunters and 'lol muh human/elf lore' I would have resubscribed by now.

I take it you didn't experience how awful WoD was in all aspects of gameplay, then.

because neither night elves or orcs can be them. if it isn't related to those two races then it might as well be treated as a spinoff.

Speaking of Night Elves, how did they explain away letting them be mages?

Cause Night Elves being mages caused a whole lot of problems in the past.

I think Staghelm becoming a bad guy in Cata weakened the druids' political clout in Darnassus so mages could start practicing in the open again. not gonna bother to actually look up the answer because it's probably way more stupid than that.

Technically there's one timeline now because time-dragonman (can't remember the name) fused all timelines together so deathwing wouldn't come back, resulting in one timeline and the bronze flight losing most of their time-powers.

But then that one dragon just manages to go to alternate draenor anyway so I'm really unsure.

I think even Blizzard recognize that med'an was a mistake.

I'm really not sure. I think they're dead now as well. In one of the artifact weapon quests you hunt for them and the elf was being tortured but they left a message saying turalyon and elf waifu have been battling the legion for 10,000 years (wat) and are now probably dead.
Blizzard's defense of this was "it's really hard to bring back throwaway characters".

Varian's gay son was being built up as the champion of the light since what, BC? The priest artifact quest reintroduces Arthas' sister, the princess of lordaeron, so he'll probably be getting married to her. At least that will disappoint the tumblrites who kept fantasizing about anduin fucking a 5 year old dragon whelp.

The elves from Dire Maul rocked up at Darnassus and told the night elves "we have sensed bad shit about to happen so we're joining you now". They were told to keep away from moonwells then everyone just got along.

Didnt the bronze flight lose their powers at the end of cata?

I know they did but was it retconned?

That was funny, but then there were the channers who were pointing to a blatantly obvious April Fool's joke as proof that WoW was finally finished and the SJWs had won.

I mean, Warlords turned out to be an abysmally shit expansion in the end, but the new character models were one of the few silver linings. Like, beyond new models, top-notch world design, and pretty great level-up questing, I have a hard time pointing out anything else about this expansion that was good. I guess the toy box and heirloom tab were great additions too, but yeah. Didn't think they could create a worse expansion than Cata, but they pulled it off.

They wern't throw away characters, they were two of the most important people in Warcraft, he wiped out the orcs and was a huge character if I remember right, wasn't he? In closing the dark portal for Azeroth, he was the only one who really did his job. He got enfused with hella light, and over all, he's supposed to be the Grand Crusader!

It wouldn't have been very hard at all, they could have had an amazing story of him coming back on a Legion ship, or arriving mid-expansion with the Naruu to be all "I'm here to defeat the legion and kill the orcs."

Having Shitty warchiefs sister come back and be all "Fuck you, you're just as bad as the Orcs now. You betrayed humanity, and all we stood for." and being spiteful as fuck, but ultimately coming to terms with it, and accepting the back stabbing bitch she's become.

The super paladin could be all "I hate orcs, bluh." until he sees the Sun Walkers and goes "Well, these huge guys are light infused and they work with the Orcs, and the orcs are still shitty, but Tauren are okay and the elves like them. To foster relationships, I won't kill the orcs these massive cow monsters like, and i'll teach them about the light."

Really, this void lord shit, I can kind of sit with, but it doesn't make the Fallen Titan faggot any less of a shitter for becoming corrupt. His motivation of 'purge the universe' is still shitty, and that we're going to have to kill-kill him is kind of cool and what I wanted, but that it's like 'but wait there's more!' is REALLY dumb.

I just don't think Illidan needs a redemption time line either, because he was totally justified in all his actions, everything he's done has been right, just done in a way that actually gets results instead of jerking off some morality boner.

I think it's really shitty how awful blizzards Lore and writing staff are, when their community can piece together better stories and a more solid, believable time line, with more interesting characters, and better pay offs.

Gtfo plebbit

Yes, but the basic story behind why Warlords was an expansion is basically that there's this island called the Timeless Isle off the coast of Pandaria that is basically unstuck in time or something like that, so it's got some weird properties. Kairoz, a bronze dragon, has you go around collecting artifacts on the island to create an item that lets him view visions of possible futures, except it turns out he's also able to use it to open a portal to an alternate timeline and whisk Garrosh away there, with plans to create an infinite Horde of parallel dimension orcs so he can be ruler over time or some shit like that. Why he needed Garrosh in the first place is beyond me. Anyway Garrosh says "fuck you" and murders him because he's not about to have the orcs get enslaved again, then makes the Iron Horde. Queue the expansion.

So it's basically just a powerful artifact that did it. The Bronze Dragonflight doesn't really have control over time anymore.

I think Warlords mostly suffered from dead community. It had some cool stuff for sure, the leveling was great, and the World looked really amazing, but once you hit 100, with LFR and no real sense of community ,it just felt kind of… zombie like

I'm really sorry for all the long winded shit posts, but I enjoyed this game a lot you guize. I can't really think of any reason I HATED WoD, but I sure as hell can't think of any reasons that it was amazing. A fun experience to go through once or twice, but then it just kind of flubbed. I don't know if 'It wasn't balls amazing sex explosion all the time' can make it so it's bad. It wasn't good or bad it kind of just was, right? Maybe THAT makes it bad.

The ones that consorted with demons?

Yeah good guys, those guys

That makes no fucking sense. Have you told him?

The problem with the "good leveling experience" is that the player character is the protagonist. When there are thousands of player characters it starts to fall apart.

Phasing also isolates players and is used everywhere.

The leveling experience might as well be a single player rpg at this point.

He literally regurgitates marketing, i once viewed a dev blog post that was literally his entire opinion.

He seems to assume the devs know what they are doing

VOL'JIN HAD A BOIPUSSY HUMAN FUCKBOY FRIEND WHO WILL AVENGE HIS DEATH REVENGEANCE STYLE

his name is Tyranthart or some shit, and he's gonna make the demons pay.

Sorry, I meant "Holla Forumstards." Better?

I think the biggest problem was that they took away a bunch of alternate progression systems and replaced them with either nothing at all or something even worse.

Like scenarios, for instance. I mean, I didn't run them often until heroic scenarios made valor capping easy, but they were a short piece of group content that you could get an instant queue for, go in, kill some stuff, and get a reward. And instead of iterating on the system and making it better, they scrapped it entirely.

Or PVE currencies. I distinctly remember them saying that the only PVE currency in Warlords would be gold, and that would be it. Instead, they introduced apexis crystals as the absolute worst currency this game has ever had. Having to grind a boring daily every day for weeks just to get a halfway decent piece of gear, that would probably get replaced by a raid drop and invalidate all the effort you put into it. It was a little better in 6.2 with baleful gear, but it still sucked.

They essentially went back to raiding as the only way to gear up your character beyond heroic dungeons, but when they gave a lot of options before and then removed them, they ended up hurting the swaths of their playerbase who relied on those other methods to progress their characters. It was a dumb move, but I'm cautiously optimistic about the Legion gear system, so we'll see.

The Shendralar were the ones in the library who you previously could rep up with for Insane in the Membrane. They were the not-crazy ones, and they were the ones who came back to night elf society to teach new mages because oh shit the world's ending, knowing magic would help.

Either intentionally or inadvertently, I think they're going down this route. Ever since they introduced the LFG system, dungeons feel like a singleplayer with 4 NPC heroes system anyway.
If Blizzard didn't revert some proposed change for Legion, limiting the camera distance, I would think they're conditioning their player base to get used to a limited field of vision to shift the game into a first person mode, like in their DH intro.

Legion so far
>the burning legion is invading duh

I stopped playing WoD within 6 months, so I never really realized the loss of Scenarios. The few I played in Pandaria were fun, and I was honestly hoping those small three player missions would be in Legion. They were always interesting little snippets of story and content, and the enviromental mechanics were cool.

Does blizzard just hate fun?

They've always greatly overestimated the number of players that 'enjoy' raiding. They hire folks from the super elite guild, who then shit on the players that don't raid full time. Sure many folks would dabble in a raid now and then, but once it was the only thing to do, they quit.

Instead of scenarios blizzard is going to use phasing and work all that story in to world to be found by the player. supposedly

Phasing was a mistake.

Isn't he also sylvanas's new boyfriend?

I think it's a lot of what said. Warlords was very obviously designed for the hardcore raiding audience, or at the very least, the "I don't want anyone else to have my toys" audience. From removing alternate gearing paths to making LFR drop awful gear, everything was designed so that the top raiders were the only ones who could get anywhere, ignoring that there's a sizable chunk of the playerbase that doesn't like organized raiding, but still wants to progress in some way.

The "any activity can drop great gear" system they have for Legion seems like the opposite of that, like they want players to get excited about a cool item drop no matter where it comes from. And there's more alternatives for gearing again, so they've backtracked on that too. I dunno, they really just need to remember that those hardcore raiders account for a small percentage of their playerbase and stop designing everything exclusively for them. That's a surefire way of derailing your hype train.

Phasing isn't necessarily a mistake, if used appropriately. They've also iterated on the system so that there's very few instances of players in different phases being unable to see each other (as happened in Wrath all the fucking time). But being able to change the world around a player as they interact with it is a good thing.

Phasing isn't inherently good or bad, it all comes down to how they use it.

The problem with having good gear drop from anything is it makes raiding pointless.

In vanilla you needed to raid to get the best stuff and having said stuff was something of a status symbol.

However in vanilla there was plenty of stuff to do that wasnt raiding as well.

legion iz prettty much gon b da we wuz kangs

PURE COINCIDENCE GOYIM

yea niggaz out'chyea shillin but ye can't knock da hustle fam know what i'm sayin tho? dey out here makin dat paper beatin dat ass dawg

They won before that, with the Ji Firepaw controversy. You'll notice that they haven't done much "problematic" without it ending up getting censored since then. Surprisingly, most, if not all the stuff from before that would get censored now is still in the game.

Do you want some Lore?

That's just telling you what happened. That's not showing at all. It's like these writers suck and can only get published in low brow meme fiction circles.

It doesn't make raiding pointless. It still provides the consistently best gear, it's just that gear from other sources has the potential be good as well. But the lower the minimum ilvl for something, then the harder it would be for it to roll as the absolute highest ilvl possible. It's basically a series of independent rolls, and if a roll is a success for warforging, it rolls again until it fails or hits the cap.

So as an example, let's say that the ilvl cap for the first tier is, I dunno, 900. You have a world quest which drops 825 gear, while mythic raiding drops 885 gear. Suppose that the warforged chance is 10%. For a world quest item to roll up to 900, it would have to roll 15 successes, which is a 1 in a quadrillion chance. Meanwhile the mythic piece would only have to roll three times to hit the cap, which is only 0.1% chance.

So while you might get a super great item from questing or dungeons, it's not like you'll get something for every slot like that. It's a nice bonus, nothing more. If you want consistently better gear, then you'll still want to push yourself to do tougher content.

Well yeah, it's not like Chronicle was a novel or anything. It was literally a very broad overview of most of Warcraft's history from the beginning up until just before the First War. If they actually got a novelist to write the whole thing out, it would probably be a little bit more detailed than that.

Also how are you supposed to "show not tell" in a book, anyway.

As opposed to what other forms of media? Books are where that phrase originated

What is this? Is it about how he was a decent, rational person and the girl panda was a fucking psychopath?

I miss how simplistic the original Warcraft's story was.

Humans are confronted by Satan-worshipping monsters from what might well be Hell and a gruelling struggle with the fate of the world hangs in the balance.

As the series went on: the lore gradually became a labyrinthine and insipid imbroglio of random retcons, plot contrivances, and clumsy Wachoski*-esque dialogue.

In other words: it has gone full Rococo and would be in dire need of a Neo-Classical palette cleanser in order to be interesting again.

* while looking up how to spell "Wachoski" I have learned that Andy has also become a tranny.

I really enjoyed the warcraft 3 campaigns because it's a giant soap opera and I used to watch Passions

You should read Metzen's "Ultimate World of Wacraft"
Garona is now half-human who's the lovechild of Medivh and an Orc woman, talk about incest is wincest.

some panda starting zone character called you pretty if you were a girl and strong if you were a dude. it got changed in beta.

(New computer, New ID) I played WoD, got to max level and dropped it because it was boring. The only thing that stood out to me was the Spires of Arak questlines. Once I dinged 100 in Nagrand I didn't know what the overall story was and I didn't give a shit.

Even though WoD was a letdown I'm willing to succumb to hype and at least try an expansion for a few months. All it took was the trailer with Grom and Garrosh killing Mannoroth and I was like: "That was bad ass, I'm in!" But for Legion I don't feel anything. I don't care about Illidan, Demon Hunters, Sylvanas or Varian Wrynn. Hell I really don't give a shit about Alliance lore at all because it's always humans and elves hogging the spotlight and I find them boring to look at.

I know that some people love the human and elf stuff-that's cool, but it's just not something that I can get excited about. I think this is the problem with having all of the players shuffling through the same narrative. I wish there was a way to play more than one actual role in this 'role playing game'

One of the fundamental principles of storytelling is show, don't tell and in vanilla WoW there was an awful lot of shit in the game's world that added depth to the game's lore without dumping a steamy hot load of exposition in your quest log.

A large part of what made WoW such a compelling experience was exploring the games world and discovering these things for yourself.

We're anons, until you learn that I would urge you lurk moar

Literally describe it in an interesting way instead of in the flattest way possible. "Agrammar was bisected vertically for his troubles, unable to call out to Sargeras." Something like that.

I'm calling it now. They are going to make Varian a raid boss because muh corruption.

No it will be Sylvanas. She'll start turning the Horde into Scourge 2.0, and the other leaders will rebel with the players again.

They don't dare touch another Alliance leader, the tears will be too great.

By describing what is visible or what the action caused rather than just the action itself. Hell, you can leave out what the action is entirely and just have the reader figure it out through context and description of everything around it.
Could be
Or

Well, they already 'killed' him off during the pre-launch event but didn't show his corpse. I'm betting my money that they put Varian as a raid boss so Anduin can personally come and kill him off at the end of the fight to show he is a worthy leader or something like that.

Blizzard is trying their hardest to make Alliance and Horde hate each other again, even though most people have both Ally/Horde characters and know whats up.

Some retards are actually falling for it though. Pic related.

You guys need to fuckin' relax and just enjoy the ride once in a while. The lore doesn't need to be super serious it's like old comic books. There are serious moments and at the same time there's hobos in Westfall with dog turds in their minecarts. I have a blast with the game still and have for some time. Every time it gets brought up here all I see is people hanging around pissing, bitching and moaning about it.

That nigga exploded into a green mist. He ain't coming back.

Vol'jin on the other hand, he got Bwonsamdi on his side.

legion is nothing but super serious writing.

well Holla Forums is going to be trying another private server that launches tomorrow

could roll with us there

We've seen the results of Metzen's writing. I'm certain Varian is coming back as a boss.

Turalyon will probably come back as a boss too.

Also, Legion ships with Protoss warp in.

It looked to me less like he exploded and more like there was just an explosion in general.
Shoving fel energy into somebody's chest is a really weird way to finish them off, and knowing how Metzen's writing works it just seems extremely likely that he'll show up again at the end of the expansion, at which point he'll either be a boss and Anduin will do a "WE NAMED HIM DRANOSH" bit, or he'll pull a Bolvar and glue Sargeras' horns to his head to keep the Legion under control.

WoW through vanilla to wrath was just good ol' fun. Now it's retarded in both gameplay and lore.

I agree that it's changed but I feel it's not for the worse.

Aww… I like the the 'Elune was an Old God' theory

All you're doing is using unnecessarily fancy words to tell the same story, a clever writer would instead for example have some other characters discover Agrammar's bisected corpse.

Fucking Holla Forums, stop falling for such an obvious shill. They want you to keep talking about it. Fill these shitty threads with porn at the very least.

So he enslaved demons to fight… demons?

Jesus christ

I thought the draw of the naaru was look the universe is fucking huge and there are forces for good out there bigger than we know, just like for evil

reads like shit and should be changed to "the wake of whatever the fuck was his sword's name".

Enjoy.

This ain't good

inb4 old gods scavenge the fel-infested particles of Varian's body and soul and bring him back as a monstrosity.

Hey guys, remember when you used to play wow? It's just like that all over again! please clap

How does that work? Weren't the Naaru that were on Azeroth as of this point brought there soley from Draenor by Velen's ship, or captured and taken back by the Blood Elves when Kael'thas returned? And going back further, didn't the Draenei first encounter the Naaru on Argus like twenty-five millennia prior to Vanillia Wow? What fucking sense would it make that Azeroth would just shit those wind chimes out, and they'd travel that fucking far to find the Draenei? Are the writers even aware of how far in the past that would had to have been given how long it took the Draenei to reach Azeroth, barring instant teleportation (and I'm not real sure even a sentient wind-chime would be able to actively teleport to somewhere they've never been to before, and even then they might not know if the place still has what they want, depending on how many light-years away it is).

I haven't played in a long time so maybe I'm missing something, but that doesn't make sense.

well at least 7.1 might be a real patch, unlike 6.1.

Old Gods and Lovecraft in general are something that a game like WoW never should have touched. In WoW they're just tentacle monsters and they missed the entire fucking point of cosmic horror. The whole Lovecraft shtick doesn't work if they're given simple motivations and you can just kill the bad guy and have a happy ending.

Blizzard realized it was such shit that they swept him under the rug and is pretended it never happened. And really, what is the chance that beings from wholly different planets would be able to reproduce?

at least it's not hearthstone

this tbh
wow was fine when it was still orcs and humans, and maybe some demons and undead
gods ended up turning the lore pants-on-head retarded
vanilla was perfectly fine, with the most threatening thing being a few dragons, a giant fire elemental and a lich
tbc had demons, which were still in the scope of something killable
wrath had a lich king, who for some reason wasn't nearly as powerful as he should have been, which started the trend of giving us bosses that we shouldn't even be able to touch
cata had a not-god dragon corrupted by gods, that we literally shouldn't be able to beat, unless we fucking use time travel to get a magic coin that can magically kill him, because green jesus said so
pandaria was more of the same
and everyone knows WoD
vanilla/tbc and maybe wrath were reasonable, but after that it just starts downsizing everything that should be a threat to the very existance of azeroth, which turns the world from a medieval-fantasy adventure, into a cartoon about purple people with pointy ears and some people with goat legs

pristine servers

he always was

If they wanted Alliance and Horde to hate each other again they wouldn't have killed off Garrosh. Honestly, WoW lore was bad enough, Cataclysm did some good things at the beginning but as time went on it got more and more retarded. A Varian/Garrosh rivalry would have been perfect, now they're stuck with a menstrual Varian Wrynn and a undead bitch in the middle of menopause and desperately trying to salvage a hopeless story after they fucked it up so badly.
Half the problem is that they actually listen to the fanbase if you ask me.

Are they still using the exact same fucking skeleton they've been using since Warcraft 3?

Oh wow, that's even worse than I expected.

It's gonna happen.

That can't be real.

Oh it's real alright.

Of course its real, it's Hearthstone by Blizzard, they're still off from running out of expansion pack ideas and new ways to con people into getting an addiction on that game.

I knew wow turned to shit, but jesus, it's even worse than I thought. They need to just make legacy servers and bring back vanilla and tbc already.

On one hand,

But then again,

I'm honestly okay with this on paper, but knowing Blizz, the raid will be canned, and the Kara revamp will be more like the ZA revamp, which was almost a carbon copy of old ZA.

I wouldn't put it past them to divide up Kara into smaller mini-dungeons in the LFG tool like they did with Blackrock Depths.

It's strange for a company so money hungry that they look at TBC back when the game was growing so fast they could barely cope, and instead of letting people play that again or trying to recapture what brought those players to the game in the first place, they say "nope, let's do the exact opposite of that, streamline some more and lose another 6 trillion subscribers"

I played all of these games and I literally have no idea what any of you are talking about at all

tencent chinese thinking.

That hair doesn't look right.

Medivh without his hood on just doesn't look right in general.

If they do end up putting it in LFD, it wouldn't surprise me if this were the case. New ZG was eventually nerfed where you only had to kill 2 bosses (instead of 4) to access the last boss. 4 of the bosses in Halls of Origination (out of 7) were optional. The odd man out is ZA, which still required every boss to be killed to reach the last boss. Unless they make several of the bosses optional, I could see it being split into 2 wings.

I was having fun reading and didn't have much to contribute beyond laughter pics. So lemme call you a faggot and dump some.

BRAVO, METZEN

I'm ok with this.

For some reason I read in that Mermaid Mans voice

I don't mind Sylvannas as warchief but I can't help feeling it was forced because vaginas in charge are hip and cool with the kids these days.

Ogling her pale flesh used to be nice, but her new armor is fine too. Maybe if Vol'Jin covered up he would've still been alive… could that be why he picked her?
"Dat bitch brought da armor mon, she gon last longer dan me."

At least they haven't retconned her into a queer womon of color.

I really wouldn't be suprised by that.

You don't want legacy servers though.

I wanna ride a naga queen to space battle

Fuck, we can hope.
Continuing to flog the fleshy paste of matted hair and dry blood that used to be a dead horse just feels sadistic at this stage.

what happened to these? wasn't there supposed to be a big announcement after they closed down that one vanilla server?

Part of "show don't tell" is assuming that your audience is not retarded, something that Blizzard can't really do. The thing is that show don't tell works best when you give the audience all the pieces and let them put those pieces together themselves. Let me give an you an excerpt from something I've written as an example:

Now, you COULD describe the location as an especially gory crime scene, and you COULD tell the audience that the body was found in pieces, and you COULD describe the first-person protagonist as experienced and jaded with this kind of scene, but all of that is stuff that you can piece together yourself just from the description. THAT is the essence of show don't tell. But as I've said, show don't tell relies on your audience putting things together themselves, which requires work and intelligence on the part of your audience, something which Blizzard does not have the luxury of assuming.

So that's why she's still looks hale when every other forsaken is a walking rotted corpse.
Black don't crack