Horror games thread: Uncommon Edition

Anything come out lately, not very well known or has a more dreary sort of horror like pic related?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SHbuE7rbDzs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

shameless self bump

Not that I know of, but I'm dying for a good psychological horror right about now.

No Man's Sky

How?

Steam might be a good place to look!

>Oh shit, I mentioned Steam, better go kill myself!

are there any good horror themed multiplayer games?

My favourite hobby finally hitting rock bottom was terrifying.

fair enough.

Alien: Isolation was pretty okay, if a bit too long for its own good

The save stations were shitty though.

Damned is actually pretty spooky sometimes, even if you're playing with friends.

Join a room full of BR's. Complete horror.

Algum BR ai?

I want more games to be like webm related.
I've had this saved for about 2 years

>tfw used to play dota 2

There's always The Void

Silent Hill: Book of Memories :^)

Alien: Isolation could have been a three-hour game and it would have been fine.

Woah, what mod was that?

I haven't played a horror game in some time, which are some no so modern (around 2009-2012) worth playing?

Is pic related any good? I loved Twin Peaks

Everything past the point you got rid of the first alien was extraneous. Although it finally allowed me to actually use my weapons, as I went on an android murderspree, thanks to no insectoid nigger stalking my every step

It's good but it isn't really a horror game

criminal condemned or something like that

Resident Evil: Outbreak
ObsCure

Pretty much it. Obscure is just decent but it has pretty good controls and good ideas like a shared key item inventory but seperate weapon inventories. Resident Evil Outbreak is a great time with a few friends and you can play it over private servers on PCSX2.

Fantastic game, wish they didn't break it into 4 files and just made one first with all of the content of the it and #File 2.

That's in Vanilla

I've heard outbreak was decent

Condemned Criminal Origins, yeah. Actually has some disturbing imagery near the end, but holy shit the small FoV in the killer's house level makes me motion sick.

Its also disappointing the crime scene investigation moments arent taken advantage of more, but at least I can see myself maybe coming back to it. Especially if the sequel is good or bad.

First two hours are better than the first, the next seven hours are so bad most people won't admit there ever was a Condemned 2.

It is more so in the second one. "Did the victim crawl away or were they dragged away? What type of blood spatter pattern is this? What are the identifying characteristics of the body?" Really, if that game had kept up the quality of the first part for the whole thing it would easily be one of my favorite games.

There's no way they can be that bad…right? I'm just expecting mediocrity.

Speaking of mediocrity, how bad are ZombiU and Silent Hill Downpour? Ordered those copies used since I found some for cheap.

It's seriously that bad

Surprisingly decent

Really bad

Eh, i liked condemned 2 mainly for
that fucking bear level jesus christ that shit was awful even when i knew what was coming after i took a wrong turn

So have there been any new horror titles worth mention? Last one I sort of enjoyed was Outlast, but the lack or combat and the ending really hurt the experience. Also, the overabundance of health.

Supposedly the sequel is going to fix the combat thing, but seeing the guy already pass a ton of potential weapons in the gameplay I'm not so sure.

Also, should I give Penumbra a go if I don't necessarily like Amnesia?

That looks pretty good, then again, i kind of liked the first game, shtity ending aside

I'd say go for it, its honestly worth playing for the second game alone

Penumbra has a better atmosphere than Amnesia. More oppressive, and you can actually defend yourself, at least in the first game.

That was the only thing they did right in that game.

All it was lacking was voice chat and some more content, easily the best example of RE multiplayer. There's been a near endless demand for a new one, but it's never ever status right now.

I'm looking forward to seeing more from Resident Evil 7. According to Capcom there actually will be combat in it.

Gotcha, downloading it now.

So long as they don't remove the combat and resource management then I'll give it a try. The worst thing they could do though is turn it into another hide n' seek game.

But being in first person makes it more immersive :^)

You don't get to bring friends.

Also, on topic, "Back in 1995" is on steam
and is shit

No one ever did upload this shit without some form of malware either.

That sounds embarrassing.

On the plus side, now I can't wait to try ZombiU.

I mean it came out two years ago but Evil Within I actually kind of liked. If it had less action elements and better optimization I'd probably recommend it. Also was Alien Isolation any good? Heard nice things about it.

Wasn't that Clock Tower spiritual successor bad as well? Or were they finally able to patch it into a decent experience?

Also does anyone have a link to the Doorways games on Steam? Sort of interested by the positive reviews.

Fuck man. I just replayed SH2 on PC. I will never NOT tear up at that ending. Shit's up there with MGS3.

Why can't horror games be like this anymore? It's sad really.

Why is it so hard to understand that what people fear is the unknown? Anyone remember the "Creeper trap" puzzle or the "Innocent man" puzzle? Didn't it get your brain juices flowing?

I always wondered just what the shit was up with that and it made me uneasy just thinking of the possibilities. Heck, using the pliers with the wires was just a big fat "who and why?"

Graphics are also way too pretty nowadays. Notice how the bodies in pic related look human, but you cannot tell any details on them. They look dirty, grimy. You know those things are supposed to be human, but they just have a not-quite feeling to them. It's uncanny.

Shit man, I miss good horror.

I dont know if its that graphics now are too pretty, its just that most have a shit art direction or technical aspects. Look at the SH games post Team Silent and see how they compare visually, especially with Downpour and Homecoming. The Wii one looked decent but everything else looked like shit

There is indeed something about them stylized low-polygon graphics.

The painting of the doors in SH1 always gave me the creeps, the feel when you figure out they're real is top shit tbh.

There's nothing like SH1.

The level of detail SH1 had, even for a PS1 game was incredible. I'm still surprised how Team Silent managed to do it, even with the fog and darkness tricks.

Lots of unique texture sheets for every street and every room, swapped out in realtime.

The Forest, though it's not very scary if you make a island base and only go inland during the day

I wish there was a horror game with an atmosphere like pic related.

Is this horror?

The idea that casual can find it fun is pretty horrifying.

The alien was brillient. The robots were ok but the humans were retarded.

Have you tried the whistle blower dlc? I heard it was good.

youtube.com/watch?v=SHbuE7rbDzs
This could be neat, but frankly something about it has 'will never actually come out' written all over this trailer.

Does Manhunt 1 and 2 count? Specifically 2.

Has anyone tried playing Silent Hill Shattered Memories with Dolphin?

If so how does it emulate and does it work well with a controller?

I would say count, much like Condemned

They sure do. Just because you're the killer doesn't mean the atmosphere isn't top notch.

Works well with a few tweaks, but please, use m+k. Using a controller is annoying.

Never tried it on dolphin. But the wiimote served as a flashlight and I remember smoothly controlling the light and shadows being a good part of why the walking simulation was immersive. Also, where you pointed it to look at stuff was the main mechanic of the psychological test thing. If a controller controls the flashlight I suppose it would still be playable, but my guess is that it would be more tedious.

Looks like it but.

Dropped.

How does Zombi on Wii U compare to the PC version? Playing it on Wii U so twenty minutes and it seems interesting so far, especially coming from modern Ubi.

Was the dreadout dlc good?

It gets boring fairly quickly. The PC version might run and look better, you can also aim because M/kb.
The WiiU version is dirt cheap and offers good usage of the hardware so I'd recommend it if buying. Pirate the PC version, fuck Ubishit's uPlay bullshit.