Enderal

So the Enderal total conversion for TES:Skyrim recently gots its English language version, with professional voice actors and everything.

Being a Gerfag, I could play through the German version that was released a few weeks earlier than the English one. I must say that, for a glorified mod, Enderal really has a lot of neat stuff to it. Sure, it being based on Skyrim means that it's effectively a turd with a metric ton of polish put into it, but I still think that the extremely well-written main quest alone is worth suffering through the whack-a-mole combat. It even goes into the "DEEPEST LORE" realm a bit, whatnot with the theory that none of the event actually happened and its all just an illusion flickering through the brain of the player char as he or she drowns.

Has anyone else played this already, and if so, any thoughts on it?

Be honest, you made this thread for the purpose of posting that spoiler

Sort of. It's still debatable of whether or not the spoiler is true, but I recently read through the Butcher of Ark short story the dev team posted before publishing the game, and the similarities to the player character are uncanny.

Except that the butcher of Ark was fucking bonkers and it all was just in his head

It's really good and I'm surprised I don't see more threads about it here.

While playing last night, I found a random abandoned farm house and checked it out. The entrance of the farm was a narrow hallway, and about ten feet in front of me I saw the silhouette of some horned demon. Still low level and low on provisions, I immediately turned around and fled.

I didn't expect this, haven't played Skyrim that much, but after leaving the farm the creature followed me outside. It was way too dark to see anything too clearly outside, and the creature was extremely fast, so I didn't think I could get away. I did my best to fight it, using all of the food and potions I had left.

After the pitch black fight ended, I examined the corpse and saw it was a "Vatyr" (more commonly known as a satyr).

It was honestly really exciting, not a feeling I ever got in my 20~ hours of Skyrim.

Vatyr's are pretty fucking scary - especially because they tend to have an enormous aggro range, usually come in pack, and often are found in tight environments where mobility isn't much of an advantage.

Do mods from Skyrim that fix its shitty combat work with this mod?

What I've played plenty of combat mods and none really do it other then making bows .50 cal rifles and great-swords unstoppable forces.

The voice acting is better than the vanilla game

My question is: can I just install this and go, or do I have to fuck around with by 250 mods in order to play? If the latter, I'm not going to bother.

are the graphics updated?

You download two files. One is a launcher that you point to the other download and it handles the rest.

But does it require additional mods to make it bearable just like vanilla does?

Jesus Christ this mod is really good. It's twice the size of the original game and all the dlcs. Too bad the combat is more or less the same from the original. The world building, questing and story telling remind me of the witcher while item interactions remind me of a few crpgs. The best part is it doesn't look like dog shit and the Butcher of Ark!!!

It's what New Vegas was to 3.

Jesus Christ this mod is really good. It's twice the size of the original game and all the dlcs. Too bad the combat is more or less the same from the original. The world building, questing and story telling remind me of the witcher while item interactions remind me of a few crpgs. The best part is it doesn't look like dog shit and the Butcher of Ark!!!

It's what New Vegas was to 3.

Seconding this. Does the mod fix things like HUD or combat? Or does it work with SkyUI and other mods?

I do think so, yes.

The Combat system essentially is identical to Skyrim, safe for a few changes

* Surviving fights by drinking healing potion after healing potion no longer works because said potions (and healing spells) worsen your "Arcanist's Fever" - this goes from giving you debuffs from outright killing you if your Arcanist's Fever goes to 100%. The only way to lower the fever is to drink Ambrosia, which is quite expensive and rare to find in the game world.
* There's some new unlockable abilities, i.e., one talent allows you to create a puddle of flameable oil, while another gives you fire arrows with which to set said oil on fire. Then there's other stuff like combat stances for warriors (which do stuff like increasing all damage dealt and taken while active), and a few life-saver talents that reduce or reflect incoming damage. Especially on higher difficulty grades and the special "Iron Path" difficulty, using these talents is crucial for survival.
* Speaking of survival - there's no level scaling, you if your low-level hero runs into an orphanage full of Vatyrs, kiss your ass goodbye. Conversely, low-level muggers in the starting area won't suddenly get epic-level gear once you level up.
* You have no automatic HP regen while inside of combat, and outside of combat, you can only regen HP if you eat food (gives you HP regen for some five minutes or so) or with a special talent (although this HP regen is very slow. Coupled with the arcanist's fever from using healing potion, keeping an eye on your food supply thus is quite important, especially on higher difficulty grades.
* The difficulty in general tends to be a bit higher than in Skyrim - if you aren't careful, you'll often end up being gangbanged by an entire flock of Vatyrs and other monsters, and just repeatedly hitting M1 while wearing a big sword and heavy armor usually ends up with you getting killed.

Alright I m gonna give this a try, this better be good because I gave up on Skyrim back then once the appeal of exploration went away and I had done the best quest the game was supposed to offer, couldn't even be bothered to finish the main storyline and never went back for the dlcs. Guess they cannot have done worse than Bethesda. Just hope that shit works with a pirated copy of the legendary edition.

Any loli mods compatible?

What is the current best loli mod for Skyrim anyways?

Voice acting is 5/5 but goddamn I hate the swearing. I think modern swear words just don't fit in the fantasy world. So many times I've been immersed into a game or a book or a film and then they go "Arathos, don't be afraid, we'll protect you from the dark elves of the Methrón woods!" "Well what the fuck does that help you piece of shit, why send me alone, this is bullshit".

Can I enable German voices?

Für die freiheit der menschen!

There are, I'm currently running the Tera Elin race. I'm pretty sure most race mods are compatible since they dont have any actual dependencies to the skyrim master file.

How many skill trees can we realistically expect to level at the same time?

The quality gap is far smaller, Fallout 3 was an absolute abomination, New Vegas was the nectar of the gods, Skyrim was pretty shit, Enderal so far has been better than Skyrim in parts.

Some of the VA is pretty shit, like the alchemist you run across, at least I think he was the one I cringed at, the writing is shit in places though, like your father saying period, it just doesn't seem like a word they would say.

Try replace the voice bsa with the one from the german download, but you can play it in german natively anyway.

Pathetic

You'd probably have to dl a loli mod and then create a custom race in the games editor.

You get 3 kinds of skill points every level up, ones that increase crafting skills, ones that increase magic skills and ones that give abilities in one of the 3 perk branches.

So you can effectively play a warrior or assassin while still leveling up a school of magic? Trying to figure out if I want to go Sinistrope+Vandal or Sinistrope+Infiltrator.

I guess.

You have my attention.
I hope this mod doesn't need the DLCs because I didn't buy them

It shouldn't it only uses it's own bsas/esms.

Very good. Too bad I'm on holiday and I don't have my computer here.

I will never understand people like you

Should I still be using survival mods for this?

I don't actually know any German, Nehrim just got that stuck in my head.