Games like Knights and Merchants

Knights and Merchants is an old childhood favorite of mine and I was wondering if anyone knew of any modern games that have a similar concept?

Other urls found in this thread:

knightsprovince.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Holla Forums is a game about white knights and humble merchants.

Can play as both at the same time while switching proxies.

Was is the game about?
I don't actually play a lot of strategy games, so I don't know, if I know anything, then maybe I'll can help

That's the best sausage maker game I know.

It's an RTS that closely resembles a city-building game due to its very complex economic system.

I've not played it but it looks like a settlers clone.

Settlers?

Also, Stronhold if I'm correct.

Are all of the Settlers games worth playing? Which one is the best?

Castles
Stronghold
8th Wonder of the World
Dwarf Fortress

I haven't heard good things about the latest Settlers.

Mah nigga. Castles II: Siege & Conquest hit the perfect middle ground between boardgame and simple strategy.

Also, if you want a graphical Dorf Fort-alike, try the Cultures series.

CANT PLACE THAT THERE M'LORD!

I liked the earlier ones (possibly the first two) but I can't remember which as it's been a long time. Ubisoft killed the series when they used it as a guinnea pig for their bullshit always online DRM and everyone skipped it.

Some guy's remaking it:
knightsprovince.com/

Settlers 3, 4 & 6
Cultures
Stronghold
Anno 1503 & 1404

OP, look into a little-known game called Lords of the Realm. The newer two are kinda shit, check out the original - it's DOS abandonware.

While a tad clunky as most of that era's games were, it's pretty bitchin'. You conquer provinces, manage production, build an army, fight battalion-based battles in realtime, and eventually build gigantic fucking castles to defend your land. Castles can be custom built. Sieges are not real-time, sadly.

Forgot pics.

my nigger

why not Settlers 2? it had the best Wuselfaktor. also, Anno 1404 Gold is fucking great and the best Anno without any fucking uplay or tages shit you can get

Thanks! I will definitely check it out.

Wut?