Pokemon Uranium

Why bother making a fan-game using NINTENDO IP?

Other urls found in this thread:

gnu.org/philosophy/not-ipr.en.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because of love and passion for the original series, I guess.

Money, they got a patreon

So was this thing any good before it got taken down?

As good as any Pokketo Monsta game after the frist one.

it should be still in the vola if you want to check it out

all cuckemon games are the same shit

because they like pokemon, and they want other people who like pokemon to play it.
is that a real question?

There's still DDL and torrent links for it and the patch.

They had a patreon
They wanted to jew people out of their love for the real Pokemon IP that belongs to Nintendo
A fangame should has is legally obliged to be free
Ignorant hipsters like you are cancer

communism is sweet!

As average as a pokemon fan game gets, but holy hell did it drag on. I laughed at the NPC saying goddamn though, so that's a plus I guess?

Because autism.

why even bother?

Why make a fan game when you can make a professional project and earn money?

Fuck off nigger.

hello monsanto. please drink bleach

There's that term again.

gnu.org/philosophy/not-ipr.en.html

Unwashed hispter get out

Calling out deliberate obfuscation and bamboozlement is the first step on the road to freedom.

goddamn, i still need to do the grass and fire starters for my shitty fangame

fugg

they would if they could

There's still PokeMMO and Pokémon Revolution Online.

At the rate at which things are going, I wouldn't be surprised if it is proven to be the move of a group whose objective is to raise anger towards vidya companies by striking any fan-related material and pushing said companies to remove it by reporting any and every trace of it. And if they're hitting Nintendo, it's only because it's the easiest to strike, with all the use of Nintendo-related franchises over the years by fans.

Metroid has been hit, Pokemon has been hit, Zelda has been hit too (with the Zelda maker thing), so I wouldn't be surprised that Mario is the next.

Read up on the Monsanto lawsuits, drone. Food Inc was lying.

Let's face it he had a huge set of gigantic balls to rip Pokemon and LttP like he did and releasing it to the public AND taking donations. lmao that it took this loser 9 years to make that shit.

Both of them are shit, faggot

trusting the word of mon "we dont care if the bees go extinct we will patent an artificial pollination method" santo

You don't have to trust the word of anybody. The cases are public. Monsanto has literally never sued for cross pollination, and the faggot in the movie who claimed as such was not a farmer, but a seed cleaner who had a contract with Monsanto that he broke and he got butthurt that the courts ruled against him for flagrantly lying and deliberately violating the stipulations of what he was allowed to do with the seeds he bought and signed for.

Monsanto is a shit company, but literally everything claimed about them being sue happy or doing too much litigation is false. Everybody who they sued was knowingly violating the terms they agreed to up front when they bought the seeds, and many of those people were reselling the seeds and lying about it.

Like I said, it's a shit company, but that drama was a case of a bunch of butthurt cunts who tried to screw a corporation and lost a lawsuit as a result, and then made a movie to bitch about it. I bought their shit too, until I actually looked up the court cases.

I thought they DID IT FOR FREE before I found out about their patreon. Why in the fuck did they think they wouldn't shut that shit down after that?

If it doesn't use an existing IP, it's not a fangame, you silly nigger.

AMR2 also took donations.

Have Nintendo shut down a fan game that wasn't getting money?

And Holla Forums flipped the fuck out about it too.
They freaked out that two fan games that both used official sprites and were making profit from donations got hit with C&D letters.
Feels like I'm sharing a board with a bunch of fucking kids sometimes.

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

nice try but one incident wont clear them off this secret santas naughty list. theyre still a blight thats going to kill us all

Theres another thread up

Knee-Jerk reaction vs. verifying information.
Guess which one works better?

Though it is understandable how the first happens easily, and everyone can't be Internet Detectives all the time.

IT LOOKS THE EXACT FUCKING SAME AS ANY OTHER POKEMON GAME HAHAHA
WHO GIVES A SHIT?

Making a Patreon or Kickstarter is obviously going to draw immediate ire, but I wonder how Nintendo would react if the creators' personal project page just had an optional donation button?

It still would have got them into trouble. Fangame developers cannot receive any money, not even if its donated.

This thread is still up

There's also the general

Pocket Monsters