Does anyone else think Fallout 3/NV/4 could be a shit ton better if it was like Daggerfall?

Does anyone else think Fallout 3/NV/4 could be a shit ton better if it was like Daggerfall?

You know, a really vast wasteland with proceduraly generated terrains and handcrafted buildings, towns, and landmarks. Traveling from towns to towns can take more than a day on foot, and fast travel can be done with Fallout 1 and 2 style GPS navigation. There are random encounters of beasts and raiders on the wasteland. The dungeons' outline should be manually created while the content is procedurally generated. Oh, and VATS should be taken out of the game, replaced with FEAR like slow motion shit or other gimmicks that would work better in an ARPG game.

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/38400/
pastebin.com/wVAqLvCD
wiki.step-project.com/User:Essarrbee/FalloutNewVegas
nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/41361/?tab=2&navtag=http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/ajax/modfiles/?id=41361&pUp=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Go fuck yourself.

Oh, so it would be even more bland and repetitive than it already is?

Nope.
I don't think that the Fallout FPS series will get close to Fallout: NV's standard again anyway, which is already low as it is.

Procedurally generated terrains and minor dungeon contents only you fucking retard. NPC's, non repeatable quests, towns, and landmarks would still be manually designed.

I don't find Daggerfall bland and repetitive. With modern game engine, I'm sure we can now put even more content in Daggerfall like games.

Wow, so you mean even worse than how they do it now? Great idea, OP.

NV has worse design than Fallout 3. FO3's engine was designed to make a game that takes place in a dense city. That's why NV's wasteland sucks shit, it's full of invisible walls.

Wastelands are fucking vast and empty. What makes you think that procedurally generated terrains wouldn't be a good idea?

Nah it won't be worse, it already looks like everything was procedurally generated, the whole boring bland fucking game.

FO3 engine was designed to be shit, it looks shit, feels shit and the design choice only adds more shit to that.

How does it feel to have achieved over-hipsterdom? It's not an easy task you know, you should be proud of yourself, very few reach this particular level of hipster

Oh, great, we're dealing with one of those idiots.

Well, see that's part of the problem. VATS was originally designed FOR an RPG, and the way they changed it into an interface for an FPS isn't really that good. If you take it out there's even less connecting it to the original franchise and even less of a reason to call it anything resembling an "RPG".

All of the entertainment value of Fallout is exploring the buildings and vaults and shit; literally nobody cares about the empty space between. You want it to take a fucking DAY to walk anywhere? Encumber yourself with a bunch of scrap shit and walk really goddamn slowly. It's the same thing.

Yeah I already know that Fallout 3's map was superior, but Fallout: NV handles story and role-play game mechanics far better than the other two Fallout FPS games, which is the two most important aspects in any RPG.
Bethesda has always been shit and chances are that they will never give game development to anyone else again.

Not really, it's just that they have been using the same game engine which was thrown together in a few months since 2002.

I'd rather the devs have developed tools for quickly editing environments at least 4x the size of New Vegas instead of procedurrally generating it, or procedurally generating the placement of rocks and shrubs. Then rebalance the game for the larger environment by adding vehicles, mounts and having fast travel limited to trade routes.

What you said doesn't actually make any sense.

I think you're thinking of a uninhabited desert. Fallout takes place on the ruins of an old civilization, but there's also the fact that centuries have past and people have been rebuilding as well.

No you dipshit, my idea is to make a Fallout 2 world design, but with overworld that isn't just clicking to move the red dot from space to space. Sure, the overworld map isn't gone, but you have the ability to see the world in first person view.

Also, the towns, buildings, and NPC's are still manually created, it's only the wasteland.

No, the Fallout 3 map being "superior" to the Fallout New Vegas map is just your opinion fam.

Exactly what I said, shitdip.

>tfw no Fallout game set immediately after the great war ended
I just want to mercy kill blind people and start the engine on surviving crazyland, saving defenseless survivors from raving gangs of nigger-raiders and cannibals

It's like you were just skimming my post.

Well that principle can apply to everything.
The Fallout 3 map actually had careful and precise planning behind it, Bethesda spent months going around Washington D.C. taking photos of monuments and then hiring professionals to determine what it would look like in a post-apocalyptic state.
Fallout: NV was a rushed game, hence why the map is basically empty and it gives off a shit cowboy western aesthetic rather than an actual post-apocalyptic world one.

I think the civilization in Fallout died and mutated slowly after the nuke. I think the Fallout world was never as dead as The Road.

You don't really think Fallout is post-apocalyptic, do you?

In the lore of F3 there is that ghoul lady in the ghoul museum that talks about all the gangs and how crazy shit was and the looting and stuff and in NV DLC HH the Survivor went around mercy killing old blind people, shooting cannibals and helping mexicans

Regardless post apocalyptic or not, new vegas has shit wasteland that is full of invisible walls.

That means most of the population didn't cease to exist, unlike The Road.

Fuck off faggot OP, Fallout 3 should have been like Fallout 1 and 2, not Oblivion with guns nor Daggerfall with guns.

Only a hipster nu-male ironically likes things. Have you ever played Daggerfall? It's much better than Oblivion and Skyrim, which might not be saying much, but it is a decently-put together game that was really ahead of its time.

I was only posting a tfw, user.

The Road was a good story too but it was only a tfw, calm down

It says in the fucking title it's post-nuclear, dipshit.
Everyone in this thread is retarded, guess that's what happens when the OP likes Fallout 3.

Fallout 1 and 2 have shit combat and low budget overworld system.

But I don't.

I'd hate to see dungeons be procedurally generated, You could procedurally generate the map similar to what Oblivion did, trees shrubs and rocks were generated, a heightmap with additional maps that tell the game what kinds of shrubs appear in this area, and what kinds of enemies spawn in these areas with creature dens, dungeons and derelict buildings placed by developers, it would definitely be superior, at least I think it would be, really I just wanted a larger map and vehicles, I got the fucking Highwayman in Fallout 2, a vehicle for Fallout New Vegas would have been great.

New Vegas is pretty accurate too, Josh Sawyer went around Las Vegas and it's surroundings on a moped or a bike and took notes and photographs of the region,

Basically Empty is how Fallout had traditionally been with areas of interest being packed tightly with quests and characters. which New Vegas does well, New Vegas has more content than Fallout 3 overall thanks to locations bringing you back and forwards for more than just selling your loot.

Even look how much denser the New Vegas map is with points of interest being packed tightly, sure the game was rushed but that doesn't mean it didn't destroy Fallout 3 like a wet paper towel.

One of these games looks like an actual wasteland, one of these games looks like a fart fetishists wet dream, you can guess what one.

Uhh, you do know Bethesda more than likely made the description on the product page right?

Well, the dungeon OUTLINE isn't procedurally generated.

No it didn't. It's not vast and empty enough. At least Fallout 3 and 4 didn't pretend to take place in a wasteland.

Oh fuck, you're one of those faggots who only plays action games. Fuck off, Fallout was a series of classic, isometric WRPGs with turn based combat. The Elder Scrolls was a series of Dungeon Crawl RPG hybrids that unofficially ended with Morrowind GOTYE. They're very different games, and they ought to stay that way.

Also, just as a topping.

I don't get it.

I wasted 200 hours on FO2 you purist autistic little shit. I know well of what OG Fallout is.

The map, the basic map.

So that's why I hated Fallout so much!

It's post-post apocalyptic! I want to be there just after the action, to experience the darkness of humanity, man's most feral, after the infrastructure that has nurtured him and let him survive with no practical skills and kept the barbarians at bay comes crumbling down. Thus subjecting each and every survivor to the most horrid and barbaric of crimes just to survive.

Also the original Fallout game manual isn't even consistent on the game's setting.

Yes. At no point in any of the Fallout games do events take place in the post-apocalypse, except maybe the Bethesda ones, because everyone in the east coast was hit with industrial-grade retardation and kept living in scrap for 200 years. Everywhere else, people have been rebuilding. Shit, there's infrastructure on the west coast. There's governments and laws, civilization has been there for 50 years already.

The writer needed memes for his life support, he can't work on serious post apocalyptic tone.

Nuclear holocaust?

You probably wasted more time with the utter shitheap that was Fallout 3 or NV, am I right? Fuck off. The series ended with a mediocre spinoff game, let what is dead rest. Zenimax bought a corpse and Bethesda is raping it.

My point was that arguing about semantics such as "It's post-nuclear, not post-apocalyptic!" is completely worthless.

I finished FO3 and NV once and never touched them again.

Nigga I just drove to Vegas for EVO, they didn't even get Primm Sloan and Goodsprings in the correct order on the way to Vegas.

THEN FIND ME SOMEONE WHO CAN

THIS IS THE GAME I WANT

That doesn't change the fact that it still takes place way, way after the apocalypse. Turns out that post-post apocalypse looks weird in manuals.

nigger the image you posted has "post nuclear" in the actual game logo

Better question: Is there any game IP that could NOT benefit from copying Daggerfall?
I doubt it.

It has both though. That was my point. There is also "post-holocaust" in the manual. Deciding which one is the "right" one is impossible objectively and is just worthless semantics.

wew, user btfo

18 QUINTILLION DUNGEONS

i've been playing nv for about 20 hours now, first time
any good mods i should know of?

pastebin.com/wVAqLvCD

or

wiki.step-project.com/User:Essarrbee/FalloutNewVegas

don't need to install everything, just what you want.

hope you enjoy the game

thanks for this my man

Fallout would only be better if the gameplay wasnt garbage with the gunplay made for consoles and if it was actually a rpg with a world that doesnt exist to orbitate around you but can be changed by your actions as you play and not after you are done with the preset story and some dude just tells you vaguelly want you changed over some shitty screenshots.

But you rpgfags are retarded and games like that will never be made because being an errnad boy running fetch quests and grinding with the shittiest most casual gameplay possible is all you mongoloids understand.

FUCK NEXUS
this site fucking blows hard wang

I notice you didn't mention fixing all the broken shit, the crashing, the non-sense plot, the terrible gameplay… Your priorities are all sorts of fucked up user. If you want a procedurally generated post-apoc game I'm pretty sure there are tons of them already. This series needs less modern garbage, not more of it.

Puyo Puyo

but the procedurally generated landscapes in Daggerfall were literally the worst part about it, aside from the spaghetti basket dungeons

Considering daggerfall was random-generated garbage, no.

anyone know where else i can get the Monster Mod Re-Release besides nexus?
nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/41361/?tab=2&navtag=http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/ajax/modfiles/?id=41361&pUp=1