Nurse Who - Christmas Special

Thoughts on the final episode with Peter Capaldi written by Steven "english people were black" Moffat?

I think you are a tremendous pleb and butt pirate for watching or even caring about Doctor Who.

I just wanted to see how it ends.

It was utter shite. Moffat has pozzed DW more than RTD2.
All that 'progressive' comedy about ersatz Hartnell and the WWI officer LOL their liek so not up2speed with the current year, yet Capaldi says the Christmas truce was never repeated in any war. Really activates the almonds.
Then the Doctor degenerates into an admittedly hot MILF.
Feels like we just witnessed the death of the franchise.

It ends with a pointless gender swap of the character in order to appeal to the nu-who demographic of tumblrites who got attracted to this show because of the "hot dr who's" they cast after eccleston's run. But who stayed with the show after they cast capaldi (who was a good doctor despite the shit writing) even though he was "old and gross"

This shit was avoided so that they wouldn't have a distaff counterpart character in the lead but fuck all that noise of avoiding lazy tropes now we've feminist dr who to go with your feminist mary sue luke skywalker stand in, to go with your feminist ghost busters stand in's to go with… are you getting the message user?

Seeing the obvious pattern of failure and continual push for this sort of thing in a show/movie series?

They'll praise this as "progressive" and a few zealots will watch it but it won't appeal to the same amount of "wymen" because she won't make the straight girls giney's tingle. You may well BE looking at the end of a franchise that frankly, should have been taken to the woodshed a while back when it started to turn into this pozzed shit.

Most fanfiction tier episode since Clara was in the show. Not like Doctor Who has never gone there but I was still pissed. This is literally Moffat wanking off on screen and bringing back all his favourite characters, suprised River Song didn't teleport in and start being sassy.

The only bit I liked was when Hartnell is showed all of the Doctor's future acts of war and Capaldi says "to be fair, they took all the jokes out". I thought that was a good line.

I've been watching for 5+ series with very minimal enjoyment. I just can't peel my eyes away even when it gets insultingly bad.

I honestly wouldn't be bothered by a female doctor if they wanted to do it. I'm more annoyed because of course it's a female doctor. The idea that they sat down and thought who would be best and didn't first go "let's make the doctor a woman" is idiotic. It's the BBC. They want their women and diversity in BEFORE ideas and plots take shape. Bill was not an annoying character at her core, but became unbearable because she was a vehicle for moffat to soapbox about blacks and lesbians. The new series will no doubt continue this trend with it's female doctor and multicultural cast.

I'm not averse to well written female main characters, I just don't like franchises being puppetered to drive agendas as was the case with Star Wars and Ghostbusters. There's no passion for the IP's in question, they are just using them for personal pleasure, promoting ideologies, and making money (the lesser of the evils in my book but it can still diminish the quality of the product by forcing it to have mass appeal and therefore be less unique).

How will all the heterosexual 14-35 fangirls react when they find out they can't fall in love with their handsome and le random so funny british hunk

To be fair it hasn't been that way for a while. Matt Smith was a bit goofy looking and Capaldi is an older man. That fanbase will stick around though because "It's Her Turn™".

Really felt like they were going out of their way to revise history, as usual, but also for the show itself. The original Doctor is a sexist old asshole who is boring and stuffy, but the new Doctor is a simpering faggot who loves niggers… and now he's a woman, and there's really no chance at all that this new Doctor won't be constantly soapboxing. I imagine we'll get a wagegap joke in the first 15 minutes of her first episode. Maybe have the Doctor rattle off all the usual bullshit statistics like "1 in 4 women get raped" or some shit. Her new companion will be a big black bull, of course, and their romance will eat up most of the plot of the season.

Really sucks, too. Guy turned MILF going on lewd space and time adventures is a fantastic premise that some pervert in Japan could turn into an amazing series. Instead, this lady will probably last a couple seasons before citing "sexism" as her reason for quitting, and then they'll get a black woman to take her role.

I think it was surprisingly great.
The sad thing is, this would have worked just as great without Bill. She was completly unnecessary. The 2 Doctors' banter was great, the jokes were funny, the story was okay. The glass nigger was a bit irritating, but we had 2 nice cameos.

This part was "eh". I'm okay with this, as long as the niggers are in the background only.

According to who?

I was waiting for some shit explanation, but I guess it'll come later in the new season, which I'll pass on…

He wasn't bad at all.
Very true.

I was rewatching the Tennant and Smith eras recently, and it shows that The Doctor is awkward about sexuality most of the time. Not always, but when he kisses someone, he does it for celebration, not for being attracted to them. So it really doesn't matter what's in the pants of The Doctor, because he is not supposed to use it. Sure, he had at least 2 wives, one being River Song, the other who is the mom of Susan, but that's all. They are using the wrong vehicle right now for this SJW-bullshit.

i would watch the shit out of Capaldi dr who if he war more like Malcom from The Thick of It

I dropped the show when the doctor came rolling into a medieval arena playing electric guitar. Guess I haven't missed anything worthwhile since then. Sure, Doctor Who is supposed to be hammy at times. But there is ham and then there is this rotten piece of haggis filled with shit. Not eating that.

Was a little on the slow side. Rusty cameo felt weird. Clara?
Felt like the Doctor#1 role was wasted though…

I have been saying this for years.
The thick of it is pure kino

I kind of like David Bradley as Hartnell, but I can't say I have much of a desire to watch this. The last of my patience for Doctor Who died with multicultural Victorian England.

I actually enjoyed Michelle Gomez as the Master, but then it suits the Master's chaotic personality to take on more unusual forms. He's been a ghost snake and a lightning shooting skeleton before. In the classic series he ran out of regenerations and started stealing bodies instead of regenerating (which is how they should have explained the female Master, rather than rewriting the pretty clearly established fact that Timelords do have a set gender).
I suspect making the Doctor a woman is going to completely upset character dynamics. People say the Doctor can be anything, but he really can't. He can be a number of different things within a certain framework. You'd never make him American, for example. Because that would feel wrong (the Master was also American once).

Conceptually, Hot MILF exploring all of time and space is something that the average doujin artist could use for tons of great material. Not saying the Doctor has to be lewd because he's a woman now, just that, were this the distant era of pre-2007, this would have lots of fun potential. Instead, it's a gimmick to force more gender identity politics onto a show that's already dying from the latest few BLACK'd injections it received. It's pretty late too, considering how even normalfags have grown to despise and mock feminists even more, now. Britain seems to be pretty slow when it comes to realizing what's happening around them, though.

The BBC are one of the tallest liberal ivory towers there is. A lot of Britain is getting fed up with this, but don't expect the BBC to reflect this anytime too soon, if ever.

The 1st doctor's old time sexism felt as akward and out of place as last season's sjw shit. Bringing Bill back was obnoxious. The twist that the soldier was Stewart's dad was obvious. The way they vastly overplayed the Xmas day cease fire during ww1 actually made the whole event horrible and everyone involved a crazy sociopath that switches between hugging and murder at the drop of a hat. And it was a total cop out that they didn't have the balls to make any jokes about the doctor's new body even though they've done that every other nuwho regeneration.

We have the same thing in France, they keep creating new channels and demand the government to raise the tax (if you have a tv you have to pay, even if you never watch their shitty channels). The current director is a woman, the first thing she said when she took the job was "there are too many white men on public tv" so they got fired and replaced with white womyn. There's only one man that she couldn't fire: an old jew who has been there for 30 years.

It could've worked if Moffat didn't feel the need to have his [current year] characters to react to the First Doctor's remarks.
As for Bill… the episode could've been better without her. TBH I hate that new rule about the Doctor needing a companion for his journey. I like when he's alone and he acts like an alien.

There was a white guy on BBC radio who had his job taken by a more "diverse" replacement, after he himself had argued in favour of such things. Pretty funny when it comes back at them, at least.

The only reason I watched it was because I'm visiting mum for Christmas. I couldn't believe how awful it was, just by its treatment of Hartnell alone. Making it worse was how there was no actual plot to the episode at all, just a concept that they walk around in ankle-deep and some "touching" moments that they couldn't even get right. Hartnell's era was known for its historical stories, so you'd think there might be a little bit of effort with the history, but no, it played some dramatic music and claimed that just this once (No) everyone put down their guns (Not everyone) and stopped fighting.

Imagine the pure outrage if the people making "zulu" put a bunch of white actors as the zulus.
I cannot cope with this anymore, i'm so lost, every day i see parts of my countries history being taken from me and all my friends and family sit in their seats clapping and cheering as if this reflects reality.
I don't know what i'm supposed to do anymore, i want to save my country and my people but how can a single person reverse so many lies?

That video is 100% better than any recent episodes

What the hell is wrong with you?

That could come later, and I expect it to happen.

These, these!

The new companions are a black guy, an indian woman and Bradley Walsh. Not kidding.

Yeah, it's not just Doctor Who and it won't stop anytime soon.

Expected a joke maybe like "ooh these are new" but we are meant to see the new doctor as an androgynous genderless character I guess. Maybe they won't even acknowledge it at all.

Yeah it's kind of fucked that canonically Bill and the first doctor have a discussion about lesbianism.

She was sinister, eccentric, and a bit strange looking. A good choice for a baddy Timelord. Though maybe she should have been the Rani.

This is utterly depressing. One of my childhood heroes is now gone and tainted in my memories forever. RIP

*claps*
FUCK
*claps harder*
WHITE
*claps feverishly*
MEN

That was intentional. The Christmas Special is one of the rare occassions when the makers can push social justice back a bit

There's no chance in hell this will be even remotely tolerable, is there?

This show has been on the skids for years and has zero chance of recovering unless the BBC fires the creator.
The plot will go to hell, the characters will become more annoying over time, and the show will plummet in the ratings. BBC is incapable of handling TV shows, as the demonstrated by firing Jeremy Clarkson (which gutted one of their most well-known shows) and losing every important staff member along with May and Hammond. BBC will get cuts and likely lose their funding over the span of the next decade, as other stations eat them alive. They've posted a loss of 129 million pounds and it's only going to get worse. What will happen is the BBC will sell off assets and IP, get budget cuts, be unable to raise the TV tax due to the dwindling interest.

Just end it please, it's already dead…

Moffat's leaving. They get a new show runner next year. So far he seems far worse.

Ok it's fucked.

I will be watching to see how bad it is. The indian girl is qt at least. Hopefully Stormzy on the right will be a side character.

Series 5 was a reboot in all but name. It had a new production team, production codes and showrunner.

He wrote:
So yeah, dreadful track record

Chibnall just strikes me as a jobber and a yes man. He has no real signature style. He just does what the higher ups want, and right now that's poz.

It reminds me of JNT in the 80s tbh. But his first series was actually very good and even when the writing was at its worse you had gems like Vengeance on Varos. None of that here…

Not watching till tomorrow, what's it like? The actress is really cute so I can get over her being a woman.

Get out

I agree, so much generic boringness

42 is the only real okay episode in that bunch. And it was only alright, nothing spectacular. However, quality as writer and quality as showrunner don't always line up as we saw with Moffat.

Boring and of no consequence to the wider plot. You can save yourself an hour and not watch. Capaldi regenerates into MILFy Who at the end and crashes the TARDIS.

Why does nuWho make every single regeneration the same?

It's like poetry.

That only happened once before, to be fair.

haha based

You were saying?

I don't remember it happening for either the Eccelstone or Smith regeneration.

This one for starters

Damn I miss it, now this is a Christmas episode Moffat you fucking cuck

That's more of a bumpy landing. The Tardis only got full blown fucked up once.

GERONIMO
Can feel the quality take an immediate drop tbh

Don't play semantics lad it's still a crash landing, the concept is still the same

I mean come on

Tardis skids to a halt, is fine vs Tardis blows the fuck up, Doctor almost dies

lad

the concept is the same

doctor regenerates -> tardis crashes (with varying degrees of severity

Crash kind of implies real damage. Otherwise it's more of a bump.

Lad I would never call a 'bump' it is a crash landing

It's a crude and simple way to justify the interior of the TARDIS getting wrecked, since the regeneration process is so violent and destructive, apparently, and allows the show runners and new Doctor to help define the season by giving the TARDIS a new interior to match… Hypothetically speaking, of course. It's mostly an excuse for them to strike the old sets and start fresh with new shiny doo-dads and geegaws to make it look more glitzy and impressive and modern.

Gosh, you'd think that having someplace less equipment-expensive to do that in would be a good idea. Like say, the Zero Room. If they want to remodel the control room, just remodel the control room. Or use some of the wall circles for zero room purposes. Dr Who has regen'd in the control room so often in a row now. It's bad planning! And that's a criticism knowing the near-throwaway slapdash serial nature that Dr Who is built on. …was built on.

Welp. I'm a fucking idiot. Didn't evenpay attention to which tab I had open before posting this in a completely different thread.

In a way, it's an interesting way to reflect part of the character, but that requires that the writer-director and lead creative team are all on the same page and fully understand the kind of show they're making. Right now, all we can really say about this new Doctor is that BBC wants to culturally enrich the fuck out of a TV legend, because to them, it's a greater victory if they can pozz a legendary neghole (even though the show is already full of progressive hippy bullshit).

So, the 9th/10th Doctor's TARDIS was almost cathedral-esque. Grand, but understated in the little details. It had a lot of something going on, but it was kept out of sight, kind of like how the 9th and 10th Doctor had that sort of dark secret looming over them. They were hiding something behind their grandeloquence.

Then there's the 11th's Tardis. Wacky and child-like. It's colorful and all over the place. Asymmetrical with random junk splattered all over the place.

12's is all dark and moody. It's like a monument to Timelords, and also like a museum to them. Kind of goes with Capaldi being an initially more serious, grim sort of Doctor, then they decided he's a frightened faggot who fears his own death and does wacky shit like play the guitar and wear sunglasses all the time so he's ironically uncool while being cool, or something. It's a fucking mess.

I'm going to assume that the lucky 13th Doctor is going to have a TARDIS that reflects her new outlook.. It's going to be a giant, cavernous vagina. A bold statement that awes the audience with how stupid and overdone it is, but ultimately, it's a hollow, stupid thing that's more about the perceived value of the gesture, rather than having any actual meaning or narrative value.

One more thing: If you watch The Return of Doctor Mysterio, that annoying doll, which the girl squishes, looks almost exactly like Pearl Mackie. Was this a foreshadowing?

What was so great about that? The Doctor is asleep for 80% of the episode, Mickey is irritating, Rose is pushed so hard. I admit, the enemies looked nice and they had a cool voice, but they were dealt with very quickly.

I suppose it's because davis' Christmas specials tended to feel like normal episodes that just happened to take place around Christmas and have a few cheesey holiday elements involved, while moffet's were mostly god awful full-on Christmas stories

The RTD era is perfect because I was ten at the time and haven't seen it since.

Just a thought here, but imagine living somewhere outside the UK, and seeing a regular episode of current year Doctor Who as a kid. How do you depict the world?

The RTD era did not have fantastic Christmas episodes, let's be honest. The Runaway Bride being the worst example.
BUT they were comfy. They felt like Christmas. It was a fixture of the day. As says they weren't all CHRISTMAS CHRISTMAS CHRISTMAS which tends to ruin the feel somewhat (because we know it's Christmas, we're not watching for that). They were mediocre episodes that were were a bit more light hearted and fun than usual, and set at Christmas time. That's what we want. Take the Christmas Invasion and put it into the middle of the series, it's not great. But at Christmas time it's comfy. And that's what matters. And actually even then it's pretty good.
Although by writing quality alone A Christmas Carol is the best Christmas episode, but given that Moffat literally ripped off Dickens I don't feel he should be given too much credit. It also was where the Christmas feel started to be lost, rather paradoxically you might think but it just wanted as comfy, like it tried too hard to be a mini Christmas film rather than Doctor Who

*just wasn't as comfy

can't wait for the shadman pics

I though the RTD Christmas episodes ranged from forgettable to cringeworthy and bad. The best Christmas episode was The Christmas Carol one.

Just like with the Waters of Mars, it had the problem of, people forget he has a time machine.

They weren't great but they were Christmas episodes, you know. They're not meant to be that great. They were comfy viewing for Christmas Day ad that's what matters.

Christmas Carol is the best by far. Everything afterwards is utter shit though. But maybe the Snowmen is ok but it feels off

The entire show falls apart when you start applying this logic, such is time travel. They have a decent excuse for it in the 'part of events' thing but the lines are blurred. Just don't think about it tbh it's Doctor Who not Lord of the Rings

The Capaldi Christmas episode where they rip off inception was pretty good too.

tbh Voyage of the Damned was good viewing, I liked Kylie Minogue and it's actually well done, despite going way overboard with Tennant's God-like Doctor but does it? After all Astrid still dies, I think it's supposed to show how serious and desperate he becomes when he almost loses someone and his reaction when he actually loses her reinforces this.

It has a half decent premise but I felt it didn't belong in a Christmas episode and it was executed poorly tbh despite flashes of what could've been

smh

smh

We should talk about actually good Doctor Who. Aka the black and white era, Big Finish, and the two VNA's that weren't trash.

So you mean

It was shit.

There was no point of having the first doctor short of point and laugh at how old fashioned he is. Now point and laugh at anyone who questions a woman doctor, they belong in the past with the first doctor.

Look at the story parts without the First. Fuck all happened. Talk to a friendly Dalek - easy guess what that wat. No threat from the "villain", that turned out a "good" guy.

Pure sentimentallity.

If you're going to kill off one of the best actors you're likely to deal at least give him something to stretch himself with.Or as pure Reddit fodder remember that scene where he… … …

tbh whenever writers claim to be Who fans like Moffat they just end up ruining things because they want to write fanfiction rather than actually developing the show. Conversely they aren't as bad as corporate BBC drones who will poz the show even more because they just do what they're told, at least Moffat cared about his creepy goofy feminist gay show and safeguarded it from even worse poz which has been coming in for the last season or two.

RTD was the last showrunner who wasn't that bad. Not that he didn't have his bad points - the continuity was a bit odd at times but at least they was a continuity to start with, and his tendency to rely on BIG finishes meant he rapidly ran out of ideas for the finales (this was really telling with the reality bomb shit tbh). But he was better than everyone who came after. The old Who writers will never come back though smh, the classics are the best plot wise, the reboot is better only concerning pacing and execution of scenes.

This has turned into a pointless ramble in a dying thread so I'll stop

How long do you think it will take before they cast a muslim as the doctor and make Muhammad canon in the show to justify it?

*canon character in the show

It will die before that happens hopefully

Big Finish is basically fan fiction written by enthusiastic classic Who fans, and it tends to be some of the better written Doctor Who material. Moffat's problem (other than maybe just not being as good a writer as he needed to be) was trying to do the fan fiction stuff, while also making a show for mass market appeal, and pleasing the BBC suits.

Anyone still watching this shite does not belong on this message board.

Thats all I know.

It's not like you can make us leave

Let's talk about classics. RTD era Who is good but it still can't compare to the best classics.

The Aztecs in pics related. Great episode, this is real Hartnell. May he rest in peace, damn you Moffat for shitting on his legacy

The problem is with fans who are cucked and get their hands on the show like Moffat, his raping of the canon (numerous times) is evidence of this. The mass market/BBC thing can't explain that. The latter simply wants more poz, good storylines be damned, while the former is ignored and taken for granted (really only the change to an episodic format from the older serial format reflects a desire to keep this lot since most people don't have long enough attention spans for serials)

eh I don't watch it anymore but we need some dedicated anons to watch it for updates on how bad it's getting

I wonder if this is what senility looks like for Time Lords

Oh, that's the Christ allegory you were mentioning earlier!

I love The Aztecs! Every actor is great, the characters are great, there's real history there, real jokes, real excitement.

It's Who in its purest form tbh

Still haven't seen the Massacre smh, it's one of the lost ones iirc or did they find it?

9/10's Tardis

11's Tardis

12's Tardis

tbh RTD era TARDIS did it's job, 11's was comical and missed the point, 12's is overdesigned

11's Tardis reflected his character's desire to put on a happy face, and finally move past the timewar. It was a mask, like all of the surface level elements of his character.
Just visually though, it's clearly the weakest of the three sets. it has elements I like, but there's too much going on.

But 10 already did that gradually with Rose, compare him in series 2 with 9 in series 1, the difference is there. That's precisely why Doomsday is an emotional episode, because his heart gets broken all over again.

I guess it's more to do with rejecting the whole 'leaving behind companions because it all ends badly' thing he had going on in the specials in 2009 in favour of Amy Pond. Obviously 11 does this again anyway and by then it's overdone and nobody really cared much about Amy so it fell a bit flat imo

BBC is state funded, they can operate at 100% losses and still wouldn't get shutdown. You think the jews cry about losing virtual money that isn't even theirs?

It was pure kino tbh