No Man's Sky like games?

Been looking around for space survival games, found this one. Does Holla Forums and any economic majors think that NMS fucked themselves in a VERY elastic market? What other space crafting games are like NMS but a lot better

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5tRKL6LRm1Y&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Already mentioned in few threads.

Parkan 2. Land on planets, infiltrate enemy ships, explore wast space, trade.

OP this requires NMS to be a game, first

I wish there was an interplanetary hunting game. Survival games are fucking shit.

You've poqued my interest. Care to tell a bit more about it?
What's the overarching goal? Does flying feel good? How's ship customization? Are there alien civilizations you can hang out with, besides enemies and traders? Is there multiplayer? Can you have AI allies or anything like that?
I'm torrenting it right now either way, so don't feel pressured or anything.

No Man's Sky 2.

tell me more.

The most direct analog I can think of that's actually a game is Rodina. You could look into that if you want NMS without AAA pricing.

After that it's stuff like Space Engineers, Empyrion, Parkan, etc… they're all not quite what NMS was supposed to be but they are interesting in their own ways.

If you really want to stretch it there's also Pulsar, Artemis, Empty Epsilon (which is basically a superior, open-source Artemis)… they're more spaceship simulators than anything, but they're fun with a team.

Look up Empyrion, you start off crash landing on a planet and can build a base, a star ship, hovercrafts, etc. When you get a starship built you can leave the planet you crashed on and explore another planet. It can get boring but it's only 20 bucks and gets updated often.

So how does it run I remember looking at it before but figured it being early access likely meant it was still a mess performance wise.

So is that basically No Man's sky with things to do and more inventory slots?

I tried it and just found it to be a rather dull version of Space Engineers, TBH.

just download Noctis IV which did the space/planet/star exploration thing 16 years ago

Also another game called Precursors, it a game made by developers of Xenus Boiling Point and Xenus 2 White Gold. You too explore planets, battle in space and move from planet to planet.

compared to parkan 2 this game is kinda shit though

You haven't learned to appreciate NMS yet, wait and it'll grow on you. I could watch a retarded animal run into a wall for five minute!
youtube.com/watch?v=5tRKL6LRm1Y&feature=youtu.be

Holla Forums honestly seems to have such a hardon for NMS that I haven't seen such a popular game in a long time. Why not just play NMS instead of looking for a substitute?

yes and no!

Landing on a planet

attack enemys and infiltrade their space ship

b-but exploring space?

trade

actually a copy/paste from spaceengine.

Rodina is a one man hippster indiedev production, and let's be srsly here, the game looks like shit. Planets are ok but they mostl ylook sas if th edev has copy/paste the mods from spaceengine.

Not really
Remember, their main audience here was consoles, the PC version got ported over and from what I've seen they've gone after bringing in new people rather than appealing to the old hands who are stuck giving Roberts every penny they own
Going into the market aspect, If you're narrowing it down to just "casual space sim" then the market probably isn't all that elastic
Also, elastic in what respect?

because

>you cant actually fly to other planets without a 'jump' we call this a loading screen

Reminder that Freelancer is a thing.

And dont forget the most critical flaw
The ENTIRE game is literally just fumbling through planets to farm the same 6 resources ad nausea to make another warp cell to teleport juuuust one inch closer to the goal and get your save deleted along with 500 hours of wasted time when you make it there

and last but not least

is there no 'actually' game in space where you can explore, discover and have some nice gameplay stuff going on?

fly through a galaxy without loading time, from planet to planet that actually look good

a space game that isn't from a sjw cancer dev team
a space game that isn't overpriced shit tier
a space game about space in space where you do space stuff

a fucking space game

yea dey was nigga but it was fo dos or some triflin ass shit lyk dat

you don't seem to understand. it's hard enough trying to make an open world city, let alone 1 planet, let alone a whole fucking galaxy. it would have to be boring as fuck

You could check out Pioneer, which is the Elite 2 Remake

I've had some fun with that, but not a whole lot to do on planets except for the space ports.

You can trade, taxi passengers, sell blackmarket goods, take on bounty missions, or go pirate other spacecraft for example.

It is free and they are still updating it. Looks nice.

It took 10 minutes for me to get him to his wife. Then they gave me like 5 credits. I bought a piece of space meat. Then I managed to corrupt the game by quicksaving at the precise frame a guy ran up behind me and forced a dialog box to open.

Noctis
Precursors

By the way, if you want something just for shooting you should go try Strike Suit Zero As well as Strike Suit Infinity (no story, just game mods)

seems to be very good and it has tons of gameplay in it.
Only one thing is giving me the chills
rly, they lokk scary as fuck
The UI need some rework.

you don't actually lose your shit idk unless that is just the travel to the center route which wow all the work to go to the center and it gets wiped, but with atlas you visit red thing 10 times and your done you start over like you did when you started but with all your stuff but broken i believe

that is the point i reached was fully upgraded suit tool and ship nothing to fear cept running out of warp cells at which i had to stop by a planet every 30 jumps then jumping got boring cause did not run into the person who gives you a route to a black hole or go back to atlas dick and that is the basics of the game and after learning shit you can easily get everything fully upgraded in what an after if you know what your doing

Anyone got a magnet link to the latest version (1.2.2)? I prefer my NMS-like games to have the exact cost of an AAA minus the cost of the same AAA.

So what? It's still the only game that really does that. Sure you have other unfinished messes where you can land on planets and goof around but nothing that attempts it at the same scope.

I hope NMS is a pioneer and won't just turn out to be a flawed and fascinating game like say Black & White, I'd like to see more devs try their hand at making something like this. Sure it's not perfect but what is? People talk so much about it precisely because there's a demand for a game just like it.

shit game with no ability to save or chechpoints

so you want mor eshitty walking simulator insteed of

so you just dismissed a handfull of games because of your own opinion!? Great, let me tell you something, your opinion is a piece of shit and your taste in games is shit too!

nms is nothing else than a fake, it has a fake galaxy in a fake skybox with a bullshit code to generate bullshit fake planets nobody cares about. And you call this a pioneer in video games? This isn't even the first game doing this kind of mechanic! It is one of the worst example.