MINETEST - Discuss Mods Edition

So, what mods are your favourite?

I'm making a mod based on Master of Magic, shit's gonna be cash.

Pic unrelated. I don't have any builds to show off.

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=14937
pixiv.net/member_illust.php?id=4325914&type=all
rubenwardy.com/minetest_modding_book/chapters/chat.html#intercepting-messages
forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=6273
lpaste.net/177575
mediafire.com/download/mllda0cmgkap4au/DTM-Sans.otf
poal.me/7psghn
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'm quitting the server, as I finally accomplished my goal and I don't want the admin's server to die when he did nothing wrong.
Goodbye.
t. Xenos

you post about your mod on a certain cheery liveboard, correct? how's it going?

Pretty good!
I've got 9/10 of the Common Life spells implemented, a mana API (one I made, and a soft dependency on Wuzzy's one), summoning, node claiming, and some other shit I can't remember.

I'm working on the research mini-game now, but formspecs are kicking my ass.

Server in meltdown mode.

The mod sounds cool by the way.

I wish this was true, but it's probably a ruse.

is the server dead?

Maybe.
And so, the end begins.

ITS BACK UP

i only stopped in for the mokou memes

I'm working on an ic2 clone, but fuck me is it difficult.

Would people be interested in a ss13-like chemistry mod?

Yeah, I know that feeling. Formspecs are kicking the shit out of me.

VERY YES

Xenos did ONE good thing, even though everyone hates him.

even if Xenos never goes back to the server (which is absolute bullshit) we shall never again trust that admin or their server

Can someone not original admin or anyone we hate please host a server with all the same mods from the other one? we want to have fun.

things learned from first server:

That would be amazing. we could build a huge section of deep ocean and then cover it with a big roof so its dark underwater and pretend it's outer space and then make a "space station"

please include space suites that let you breath under water.

Yes it's dead, because Holla Forums will never use it again

IC2?

what's that?

available for linux?

free?

is that just a minetest server?

Xenos banned from it?

no badmin?

server is doing fine now and xenos is gone, plus factions are going to be fixed so you will be able to make claims

I said chemistry, not "everything from ss13" mod

Nevermind, misunderstood you, but the suits would be a separate mod.

IC2 is a tech mod for Minecraft.

Technic has some tech stuff, but its tech tree is not as deep as IC2, and there's less neat things you can do once you have your infrastructure.

industrialcraft2, a popular minecraft mod

main issues are formspecs are weird as hell (formspec is used to define a gui)
node metadata is also hard to figure out (making sure a machine's inventory isn't linked to identical machines, that the inventory drops when the machine is dismantled)
and I suck at math

Making inventory not linked is easy, every node metadata has its own inventory.

Fuck you, Holla Forums is never going back to a server that will just allow a different Xenos to just come back and ruin anything

Holla Forums YOU ARE THE HARVEST.

you a tricked into trusting this badmin and this shit server so that you can build your city so that another troll can come back and ruin it and harvest your butthurt each and every single time.

DO NOT FALL FOR IT.

holy shit you sound like kilcen with your SCREAMING CAPITAL LETTERS, and == COOL RED TEXT ==

nobody is going to play the fucked up piece of shit that is minecraft. it lags like hell and runs like shit so much so that It doesn't even run, it crawls and shits its pants and destroyes the computer it runs on.

you sound like a broken record in every fucking thread trying to get people to use minecraft again and nobody is going to fall for that ruse.

this is just a fucked up attempt to mentally scar people who enjoy mintest for being what minecraft should have been so that they go back to minecraft.

this whole fucking thing has been a personal vendetta against minetest since the very beginning.

we need a new admin and new fucking server. fuck everyone else.

my comments are clearly more important than yours and need to be seen by the people who it counts the most for to see.

Read

where do you get those 2hus

they said they were making something minecraft related. did you not see the reply?

the reign of the badmins will cause xenos to come up from the grave and steal all our autismblocks

They're probably making it for Minetest was my point.

Yeah, it's minecraft related, but it's going to be for minetest. Relax.

my point is that they said minecraft user, that's why I'm saying what I'm saying.

rip server, seems like no one wants to trust the badmin for helping xenos.

Thank GOD

well obviously

server's doing fine, Xenos has been gone awhile and there are a handful of people on already.

We found out what was wrong with factions and they're getting fixed, so you'll be able to claim stuff soon.

The dark age is over.

Really nice requests:

pixiv.net/member_illust.php?id=4325914&type=all
Here you go pal., I spammed a few on/2hu/ and Holla Forums a few weeks back and now they still pop up from time to time, I guess people love them.

There were people just now until it crashed

DAMAGE CONTROL

HI BADMIN

HI XENOS

I'm sure you fuck each other you cucks

i didn't _HELP_ him, holy fuck.

good job nigger you weren't supposed to mention that. Now Xenos will come back.

Speak for yourselves fags, lots of people are on.

fuck you ;)

DAMAGE CONTROLL TROLL TROLL

Nope, Holla Forums is never going back to that shit.

just fucking join a server where greifing is against the rules

serb is ded again

sssssssssshhhhhhhhhhh

confirmed for damage control

server has been down

I was updating the factions mod.

these people want you in that specifc server

think about that.

serb is up again

Too late, you fucked up. now nobody trusts you.

Speak for yourself, I'm going to continue to use the server

I thought I was just having connection problems

Every single time Holla Forums builds something nice, no matter how well you try to hide it or protect it, the admin will always let a "xenos" join and ruin it.

admin admitted this in the chat. "I will always let it happen"

I WILL ALWAYS LET IT HAPPEN

yes faggot, because it's NOT IN THE RULES

the whole fucking thing is a trap.

So tell me badmin, what's the point of joining your server for the purpose of having fun if no fun is allowed?

lel

4db088, stop spamming the thread, thanks.

I don't know who that is 100% honest.

If your definition of fun consists of building giant creations and doing nothing with them, this server is not for you.

so why should I build anything if you are just going to burn it down for lels?

maybe use a faction claim, now that they work?

i haven't played much but

what
so is the intended method of enjoying this server to load a hacked client and fly around spamming lava?
that's not going to be fun once everyone does it and the entire server is fucking lava
this is why i don't bother with MP and just play comfy SP minecraft

though i guess leaving the ruins behind and moving to a new area was marginally cool in that it seemed like a change of setting, but what the fuck is the point of building anything decent if it just gets ruined

We had a mod for protection that didn't work, it has just been fixed now.

Bug report time:
What happened?

i kept claiming lands, maybe that was it?

shit happening

you could:
hide your shit
build stuff with the knowledge that it wont last forever (easy since you already do this)
join the greifers
protect it with faction shit
setup a second Holla Forums server for overly sensitive players
etc…

a bug in /f setspawn

too bad claims now work, eh?

i was placing wooden slabs

/f setspawn confirmed for being buggy, sorry for the inconvenience.

I didn't do anything but warn people, now this shit is happening.

test your fucking shit

???

you couldn't hide it a little better that this is you? you even used the same key phrases in this post

there is no way to automate tests

server borked?

I can't connect.

It's a matter of seconds before it is up again.

yes, server devs are memers who don't test

thank you

Running the command once would have been enough to catch this bug

I had run it when it was implemented, and it worked just fine.
The problem was with a callback, and I didn't check every single one of the 50 different callbacks that exist.

Man this game is autistic. Not Minecraft autistic, but close.

the android version's crafting system gave me fucking autism and my laptop can't run anything
help

Minetest looks cool but I think these threads have completely removed any interest I had in playing with you people.

26 posts on this thread were made by one guy causing drama

Ah, it is disturbing that it attracts people like that but this thread does look much better with it filtered.

what happened:

This is what happened with SS13, and it happens here too.

Xenos = Gitgud

if you're so assmad about a greifer, start a server with a whitelist or some shit

I'm just a bystander and I almost got mad. This guy is pretty good.
Now I'm interested in the server though. Where can I get the info?

catgirls.animebitch.es:30000

Are all the mods server-based?
Does Minetest not require the an exact version to connect or do I use the latest?

yes and yes

So aside from the guy who's so butthurt he made an entirely different thread just to be butthurt, has anyone else actually quit/gone to another server?

I've just been happily working on my mod.

I know better than to play anything with Holla Forums.

playing with Holla Forums is fine, i played deer hunter 2005, joint operations and other stuff with Holla Forums and it was all fun and rad. it's the fucking autismcraft games that make everyone going mental

I don't know why, when so many Holla Forums stories are how they kicked over some autistic kid's sand castle and the kid then went on a super autistic tantrum like someone we know.

We survived Piggybear, you guys survived Xenos, and hopefully we survive that one fucking autist. Let me know when you guys are close to done, I want to figure out what the hell I'm doing before the server resets for the real thing. Also I'm still requesting a modified meshnodes mod, whenever anyone has time.

So exploitable.

I only came here for Mokou and the caption for OP's pic I saw somewhere else was much better. Was "desk slam I will jam".

Memes

Turns out a sufficiently large chat message can murder peoples' computers and cause a massive lagstorm. Seriously stop doing it faggots.

FUCKING W SPAM LAGS THE SERVER

THIS JUST IN SPAMMING W LAGS THE SERVER

pic unrelated

Is it "safe" to come on or is the w spam ongoing?

wspam is over but longspam has just gotten started

GTFO Blodd

type /f help to get rid of the lag from chat.

I can't even get into the server without my client immediately crashing from bloddspam.

Don't know if admin will read this but you better get Blodd (and everyone else) to knock it off. At least Xenos wasn't literally stopping people from playing.

I guess this is why spamming is against the rules! :^)

how hard would it be to write a plugin that would make the server ignore any messages over x characters

Welp, buenos noches maricones. Blodd better not still be spamming when I come back.

Probably not hard, should probably be a setting in the basic Minetest engine but a plugin would do the trick.

Not that hard, probably.

rubenwardy.com/minetest_modding_book/chapters/chat.html#intercepting-messages

So when will the toddspam stop?

forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=6273

If we all buy his game maybe he'll stop.

Admin it's me Xenos, this post here: wasn't from me.

report from the front; we are currently playing on a parkour jungle gym while killing blodd as he respawns

more at eleven

WHERE IS THE ADMIN

are you just yanking my chain?

Sick of undemocratic, corrupt and tyrannious faction leaders?
Want to be a part of a non-cucked faction that doesn't bow down to SJW's, Jews and other bad news?
Join Finland-Xenoi today!
We have an eclectic variety of proposals for the faction to separate us from the savages, but here are a few:
- Establishing a currency system.
- Becoming a nuclear power.
- Giving members stable and consistent organized roles to play in the faction.
- Cultural enrichment of other factions.
As a bonus, all previous Finland members will get an immediate higher position of authority.
Together with our autism, we will MAKE MINETEST GREAT AGAIN!

Yeah that's great but THE FUCKING SPAM

I am not. I'm currently working on an active research system.

It's a match-3 game.

Don't worry, for those that don't want fun, there's a boring passive research system, too.

Gambling when?
Stores that airdrop your shit when?

Server's gay now folks

Alright what happened, did we move to a new server or did the old one unfuck itself? If new, does it have as good mods and connection?

No new server, it was just a couple butthurt autists.
The factions mod now works, so you can protect your shit.

I FUCKING DID IT
I managed to get a match-3 game implemented into Minetest. That should make research more interesting!

I'm just happy to see Holla Forums actually give Minetest and other F/OSS games like Xonotic a proper chance. I had tried to get Holla Forums into free vidya before, but stopped due to lack of interest and people telling me to fuck off. Keep it up and maybe one day we'll finally be free from the corporate Jew.

I don't even play this but if it's lmao it's all the ayy to me.

is this why the jews want to collect gold? to either offer to their ancient alien gods for maximum brownie points or to try to figure out just why they needed the gold and harness that same power?

Reptilians used gold shortly as a cover for their ultimate strategy: Simply printing as much cash as they can.

theyre printing the cash so they get to keep the gold to do whatever it is they do. now people dont care about gold.

Don't you mean Sweden.

until someone kills you and gets more "power" and you lose "power" and then they steal your base and all your shit just like that.

this totally wont be abused for sure ;^)

okay the server just went down and i'm guessing the admin isn't around to restart it

server restarded back up, no reset, just shut down and on

Only if you're a noob, kid.

That's the exact fucking point of the faction mod! It sounds like you want to just build things, have them protected, and never want to fight against anyone else.

Hey, it's me: the real Xenos. This isn't me

mods being updated?

What the fuck is this, ROBLOX?

More like Yet Another Thing Broke.
I really hate this thing about Lua shutting down the server.

What's Roblox, noob?

are you mod user? If so then you probably know what I did to crash the server. (being vague so someone else can't exploit it).

Fix when?

If that's the case this is getting real fucking stupid.

What the fuck is this, Runescape?

Fix is done, but I still don't have direct access to the server.

Xenos here, I'm the real Xenos.

All me

Please fix the server

t. Xenos

no I didn't

The REAL Xenos here, this was not me.

I'm not you, im not your clone!

Okay so this Xenos meme is fun and all, but, serious talk here.
I am the real Xenos and these

were not me.

All me, Xenos.

NO I'm not you you're MY CLONE!! AUUAAUAUGHH

what the fuck did you even expect it's a minecraft clone

ITS WHAT MINECRAFT SHOUDA BEEN BITCH

i know that feelerino man

these fucking flags i swear

SERVER'S BACK UP

GET BACK IN HERE

admin only updated the factions mod, but not the banners mod, so it's broken :^)

i updated both.

pls reupdate
and give me git access so I can upload directly

is serb dead?

Just tried to connect, it seems so.

afaik the server has been running without crashing for the past 5 hours.

rip

At least they're not playing Minecraft.

For once the bug is not 100% the fault of factions: a mob mod calls a method, in a way it should not, which faction overrides.

Ah yes, the classic mod conflict issue. Because why would the dev team want to implement a standardized framework for mod makers? Let the modders break everything themselves!

It's standardized, in theory, but the fuckers from the mob mod called a method which requires a player as an argument, and gave it a non-player entity.
Of course, innocent and idealist as I was, I thought no one could have possibly done that.

And how did that end up crashing the server WITH NO SURVIVORS?

You might as well report this to them. Unless it's something they already know about and can't be bothered to fix.

Well, the method is
is_protected(pos, player)
I have overwritten the default one with my custom one, which assumed that every "player" that was passed would be the name of player. How foolish!
This is why I don't like dynamic typing.

It crashed again. Same reason?

No crash, just added shops.

The official API does take player names, not objects

What kind of shops?

Where is the server? I want to join.

Server IP is

catgirls.animebitch.es:30000

I came here for Mokou.

You came for the right reason.

Thanks. Now I'm being a noob and trying to figure out what's going on. I last played Minecraft in 2012. I made a castle on a 4chan server. It was fun.

What is this thing I'm holding? Is it a shekel?

Pretty sunrise.

smh tbh fam

Goy, be careful with what you're holding!
It can give you death when it's not in the hands of the… chosen people…
heh heh come on goy…

that only happens because your system locale is set to japanese. Which means you changed it to play some hentai VN or something. So the only weeb here is yourself and you've just outted yourself

100% this
Also one of the only four rules is no anime.

How would you know this though without changing it yourself? Are you hiding something from the class?

because this happened to like two other people day one

It also happened to me but then again I have no regrets about being a filthy weeb

It's too late.

Just stop.

I have all Jap text too. Some of their games require it. Grorious Nippon code programmed ten thousand time like katana.

I haven't even started.

We decided that wasn't a rule.

Butthurt weeb detected.
Get prepared for your ban.

i guess i'll have to ban myself.

proof of xenos spamming the chat channels and breaking the rules

Fake image and clearly photoshopped.

Should have let in the weebs onii-fam

What is this place?

Looks like the originally based admin is asshurt right now.
But he knows that I will be back. :^)

QUINTS, xeno i may have banned you but, holy s

shit*

So what did you get out of it?

I could honestly care less about Xeno's bullshit as long as he doesn't completely destroy things again. It would be even better if what he did to spawn could be fixed.

You know for someone who got numbers just like that and was actually helping others be productive just yesterday I think it warrants an unban so I don't have to walk back to my router/load up my VPN. :^)

Can you elaborate on that? Which context?

You know for someone who got numbers just like that and was actually helping others be productive just yesterday I think it warrants an unban so I don't have to walk back to my router/load up my VPN. :^)

Can you elaborate on that? Which context?

What did you gain by griefing? Enjoyment? If so, why?

He's probably underage.

What's with all the drama? Have fun, fairies.

Partially so, about half way griefing the city through I felt really bad though.
You see, I have had a long feud with a guy called QuakerMan, since he stole 8 turrets and 2 stacks of TNT from me.
The developer of the server told me that faction wars would start in 48 hours 3 days before my first griefing.
Also keep in mind I was away from the server for 3 days so I had no clue that the developer was on vacation/factions were broken.
So when I logged into the server and found QuakerMan's house in the city, I assumed that the city was a faction which he was in. Due to the fact that I thought faction wars had started and that the city was a faction, I blew up most of city, which was fun, until someone told me that factions were broken.

What is this mokou generator thing?

Also stop giving xenos attention, he's obviously a drama queen feeding off of it.

Does Mineytesto have an /ignore command?

So, you got enjoyment out of it. Don't you think that reflects badly on you?
Why continue once you feel bad?

Why would it be bad to be griefing someone who had griefed you first? I thought that the city was a faction in which QuakerMan belonged to.
I continued because of the massive asspain and bickering people were giving me, if you were to see the amount of times my name has been mentioned in the past 3 threads it would be over 130.

Some artist on Pixiv makes them. There was a batch download but it's 404 now.

So you took it out on an entire city - not just one person.

And you enjoyed the attention.

Yes, because I thought that it was faction wars. If a member of a faction were to assault you, his respective faction should be held responsible for it. If I knew the entirety of the situation from the beginning, I would have never have destroyed the city. You can see evidence from this from my play style pre-reset.
Actually not really, it is certainly getting tiresome, especially when I actually want to legitimately build shit now but everyone keeps jumping down my throat regardless.

But you said you continued because of the asspain you were causing. You must have enjoyed it on some level.

Yes, and rightfully so.
If people declared you personally KOS, started a whole escape group to evade you, and consistently complained to admin to get you banned, chances are you would also laugh too when they get further asspained.

Don't you think that reflects poorly on you?

And I don't revel in the suffering of others, so no, I wouldn't laugh at their asspain.

Nope, from my viewpoint it is well deserved.
That's a very rare and peculiar viewpoint then.

You might have taken it a bit far with the city destruction, chat spamming, etc. Especially for such a prolonged period of time.

I'm a very peculiar person, so I'm told.

Also, why did you do one of the two things to actually get yourself banned from the server, anyway? Like, you were apparently totally fine to keep playing after you fucked with anything, but then you decided to break the one rule that wasn't literally a joke. The only other way you could have possibly been banned was because you decided to date someone on the server, and no one's ever tried that to see if it's an actual legit rule or not (I think it should be, knowing stupid drama from other threads).

I just hosted a server and I'm going to play it with friends.

What are some must have mods to make the experience complete?

I know this now, but at the time I certainly didn't. Again, I thought it was a faction and that faction wars had started.
I don't think I did any of this on a considerable scale.
Actually it was others prolonging the events.
I griefed most of the city in less than an hour, but most of the server population dramatized it for about 3 days straight. In half the amount of time in which they spent bickering, they could have repaired the entire city, I even offered to help at many points.

I actually did not know that spamming was against the rules, as I only came to server in the second thread, and my infringement was very minor anyway.

Also, plenty of other people spammed the chat as well but chances are they won't get banned.

I notice your story has slightly changed since last thread, care to elaborate on why that is?

Does the server have block protection? I fucking hate griefers.

That's because my explanation was miniscule in detail compared to my current one, as no one asked me to really elaborate on situation, instead they just assumed my reasoning.

But you clearly said last time that you didn't enjoy it at all, and this time you imply you did like it. I guess the point is, why didn't you stop before this point?

Also, not reading the rules reflects poorly on yourself, just saying. I've not even visited the server and I know the rules.

The problem with minetest is that it is severely lacking in features and the users are mostly a bunch of imbeciles who shouldn't be let anywhere near a computer.

There's no support for client side mods. The user interface API is utter shit. Desynch and lag is still a horrible issue, especially for mobs. Rendering control is almost nonexistent. Basically, there isn't a single major mod for Minecraft which could be recreated in Minetest. It continues to amaze me that a closed-source game with no official support for modding is more extensively moddable than an open source game which was built from the ground up to be modded.

3D armor
Mesecons
moreblocks
moreores
pipeworks
technic
unified_inventory

Farming and mob mods are recommended as well.

I said that I don't really enjoy it, which is true on the whole. As for the short term, of course I did.
Care to point out where the actual rules are? Again, I wasn't here during the first thread and there is no archive in the OP provided.

For

So this seems to sum up our current events:

At this point, I would say it's a safe assumption that xeno is a goon.

That's a really fucking stupid excuse because it's literally in this thread, which you would know if you read it and didn't keep posting just to cause drama. Here's a pro tip for you, ctrl+f spamming and it's the first result.

>>>/fringe/

I had spammed before the admin posted that in the thread.
Nice try though.

Then why did you come into the thread almost 24 fucking hours later? And why wasn't proof posted until now? In fact, not 6 minutes before that post, someone said you hadn't been around for a while.

Goon confirmed.

Also don't forget the fact that my spam was a minor infringement, and that due to the fact that people were spamming to get rid of Shodd_Howard's lag messages, then like half the server should be banned right now.
Won't happen though since it's obvious that the admin is bias against me, despite what everyone else seems to think.

I didn't.
People were also saying that I would be gone forever basically.

You got it wrong it's:
first 6 are correct
he is then not banned because he didn't break any rules
someone posts in the thread saying he's gone
i find out xenos spamming
ban xenos for spamming
one of the 3 rules
(no dating, no hacking, no spamming)
xenos says he'll come back

Remember to ban half the server too. They were spamming to get rid of Shodd_Howard's lag messages.

Some who were spamming to stop Shodd_Howard's lag spamming but are not limited to:
Gay_4_u
Styxx
lizardblizzard
sizeableagent
If these people don't get banned then it will just show that you are full of shit and are corrupt.

OK, you're just willfully ignoring reality at this point. Let me grab some timestamps. Adjust these for your time zone.

08/14/16 (Sun) 19:06:52

Let me be frank here and say they were trying to save the server. I'm sure if dating someone was the only way to keep the server from lagging hard, there might be an exception considered.

proof? i didn't ban you for hacking without it, and i won't ban them for spamming without it.

there were three rules,
made in minetest thread 2
1> no spamming
2> no cheating
3> no dating
meme> no anime

Ask them yourself, they will probably say yes if they aren't cowards.
If not, I'll provide screenshot proof after my work shift is finished.

There's another thing, in this post you said

And the owner just said the rules were made in the second thread, meaning if you really were there for the second one you couldn't have possibly not known the rules if you read the fucking thread.

They weren't in the OP though.
I shouldn't have to read an entire thread to just find out what the rules are.
And since there is no archive the admin could be lying for all I know.

And how do I know you're not lying? Besides, it was said they came up with them that thread, they couldn't have possibly been in the OP. All the signs point to you either being a liar, or a dumbass. Given you threw a huge bitchfit over 10 blocks in a virtual block building game, I'm going to say dumbass is a strong possibility.

i bought a domain minetest.moe, where we were going to have a copy of the op, the rules and the domain pointing to the server, someone posted moejazz.webm and the a few people hopped on the testing server, those being = ahnucheeki,dx2m, and a few others, dx2m managed the break the server with a bug in factions, and that's when most people left.

i guess since the thread is long gone, and no one has an archive, the best thing i have is some anecdotal evidence.

The fact that either cheating or spamming are mentioned so frequently next to the dating rule establishes that at least several people remember the actual rules, I'd suggest posting them near spawn just to be safe.

Any spamming that occurred in response to Blodd_Showard was essentially in self defense. Banning people for spamming slightly against someone whose spam was literally crashing clients would be like convicting someone for punching an attacker with a gun.

How the fuck do I set /home? It says I don't the privileges.

(checked)
use a bed

I was told beds don't work if somebody refuses to sleep

Trying to set up a reactor in a single player game, planning out my uranium enrichment room. I don't want to use a whole cascade of a bunch of centrifuges, would something like this work so I can save space and resources?

I want a mod where you can date cute goat people.
And murder them

I'm angry and lonely

the start of outer hea/v/en's wall

thanks doc

So I see this thing and try to shoot it. It does no damage. In the log I see
2016-08-16 01:33:00: WARNING[Server]: Deprecated add_particle call with individual parameters instead of definition

What is this about? I want to shoot stuff.

Looks like a nicer gun mod than the one on server now, should consider asking admin to add it.

Sorry that I don't have anything helpful to say.

Mod News
I've got my research mini-game working!
I need to get spell selection working, but it's coming along.

Can someone who already knows modding add scaffolding node? They should be produced in bulk, and they should be fast to remove. I've made some textures for top and sides, and I think that recipe should look like following:
recipe = {
{, 'group:wood', },
{"group:stick", "", "group:stick"},
{"group:stick", "", "group:stick"},
}

Are we Mokou-posting now?

It happened to MC because of large demand. If you played Minecraft during Alpha, most mods required switching out parts of the executable, though there were beginnings of mod compatibility frameworks. Current Minecraft Forge is a completely new, nice API spliced into the Minecraft code, and it took a long time to become this developed. There were many many mods and people wanted an end-all framework that would get them to work together.

Minetest doesn't have nearly as large of a community to fuel the push, and the existent mod API possibly (this is my speculation) makes it harder to make the push, because mods already kind-of sort-of work together. You can see shit parts of the API that are hostile to mod compatibility and integration, like player physics overrides, minetest.is_protected, basically anything that is a global override where any mod that uses it directly is commandeering it, risking bugs with other mods that try to do the same.

An analogue to Forge in MT would be a community-endorsed "community standard library" of mods designed to make other mods work together, but honestly I have seen no desire expressed for this. Maybe just nobody has bothered formulating the complaint yet? Or maybe the community isn't large enough to encounter problems with these frequently.

Is the world being backed up at least once per day?
Are the backups periodically tested?
Are a number of old backups retained?
Are copies of the backups being kept on multiple machines?
If for some reason the server is permanently taken offline, will you publicly release the world files?

As nice as a cobbled together piece of shit is.

Admin is not here.

It's possible, but you will have to use a microcontroller, digilines tubes, digilines filter-injector, and a shit long time of code to get it to work. Here is the code I used on another server:
lpaste.net/177575

set your "input of new material into buffer chest" digiline tube to the channel "tube2"

"input from centrifuge back into buffer chest" to the channel "tube1"

"output from buffer chest into centrifuge" as "injector"

connect your microcontroller to all of these using digilines, make sure tube1 and tube2 are directly adjacent to the buffer chest or the timings will be wrong.

your buffer chest can be anything you can stuff shit in / inject things out of, but I recommend a locked chest of some kind. As long as you placed the digiline injector and the chest, it should be able to pull out of your chest.

Refining this way will take a very very long time. I waited hours and still do not have a set of reactor fuel. You could change the code to prioritize the highest-refinement dusts with at least 2 dusts, instead of the level with the most dusts, which should get you refined uranium faster but will be overall less efficient.

The complication is necessary because if you ever put an odd amount of dusts in your centrifuge, you will never be able to put a different type of dust in and have it work. The centrifuge recipes require 2 of the input dust.

This, I wanna keep a relic of my buildings if the server's ever lost

sorry I'm not into the neneing culture, but who draws this?

Found a bug in the factions mod, if you remove and re-place all your power banners after claiming land, the power cap regains all it lost from claiming

I feared it would happen. I guess I don't get to use the lazy way.

I've got some scaffolding code already, it's not great because of how ladder climbing works normally.
Also haven't tested it on a server, but I think that it adds +1 scaffold to the stack every time you break it.

Hol up, what font is this? It looks dank.

Maybe we could begin to push for it?

Yeah, I don't think that scaffolding should be climbable, because sneak button is also climb down button in minetest, which would it hard to navigate them. Not to mention that there is a sneak glitch that allows you to climb certain formations extremely fast anyway.

By the way, I was trying to make my own scaffolds, but fuck, for some reason my code just doesn't works. Hell, I even tried to replace it with minimal code from tutorial, still nothing.

Also I improved textures a little.

can we get faction locked chests? so that only faction member can put and take items from there?

For doors as well please.

Jesus christ almighty, its going to be nothing but suffering.
I hope you all have contingency plans.

Yes, I'll make faction locked doors/chests.

Here's the link to the pixiv account I got them from. pixiv.net/member_illust.php?id=4325914&type=all
The artist seems to keep making them.

Comfy wood huts soon

How do I into minimap?

Press F9

that just closes the window!

It's the font used in undertale

How is the server so far? is it less dicks?
I guess I can understand that the admin was inspired by 2b2t, I just wish he told us earlier.

Factions are working pretty well so far, they have a couple bugs that are still to be fixed, but development is going on.

hey newfag some niggers in helicopters came and rekt everything, I only had iron tools so I didn't stand a chance, sorry

here's the download link if you goyim want it.
mediafire.com/download/mllda0cmgkap4au/DTM-Sans.otf

I bet Cipher did this.
Get on here and lets create a place that can be called home

what gives?

They played us like a damn fiddle

Public servers are the worst. The proper way to host a server is to make it invite only. Otherwise you are asking for trouble. A new user contacts a player and asks for the password. The user gets the password and if they turn out to be a griefer, they get banned and a new password is generated. This eliminates the need to worry about factions and locking things. Why not do it this way?

because that way of running servers is retarded.

Name one good reason.

Fuck outta here. The currently running Sven Co-op server has a password and it's kept the retards (like you) away for the most part.

sven co-op is a game that requires camraderie and cooperation, you idiot.

Doesn't change the fact that griefing exists, even in Sven Co-op.

How is that different than Minetest?

because in minetest if you don't want your shit just fucked up you can just fuck off a distance away and try to attract people to you.
Greifers are a part of the experience, this isn't some fucking hugbox.

You obviously don't eggs.

What? Nobody gets your shitty inside jokes, m8.

I'll help you troll fam.

Holla Forums is the worst. Krautchan server always seems to have fun without these retarded issues.

poal.me/7psghn

we've had one incident of mass greifing and everyone starts bitching about how the server needs to go full on hugbox mode.

It's mostly just that one autist honestly. Well that and people who are upset that the work in progress mod doesn't work properly.

dead?

No, a small fix to a bug which I had foreseen yet forgotten to prevent.

dead.

Someone raided our animehaus temple, the genocide crusade begins now and EVERYTHING will be fire

everything already is fire thanks to the faggot that burned jungle

thanks for destroing whole fucking day of work you fucking faglords

some people managed to destroy and pput lava in our base without even a fucking war/death banner what's fucking going on?

I'm salty as fuck

Rifles bypass protection and can break anything that you can break by hand (e.g. wooden locked chests, even filled)

you can say that about any problem you ever face in life

Ain't war hell

Is the world being backed up at least once per day?
Are the backups periodically tested?
Are a number of old backups retained?
Are copies of the backups being kept on multiple machines?
If for some reason the server is permanently taken offline, will you publicly release the world files?

no
n/a
n/a
n/a
no

big boss, we have been found. I repeat: big boss, we have been found

Make a bunch of large bags, shove all your shit in them, and log out for a while.

All my shit is in locked chests. I'm just going to hope I logged out fast enough for him to not know which exact direction I was

not wooden, I hope?

i think i made a mistake boyo, I logged on and saw his name, he might have our base by now

FUCK

Ok, how is the combat in minetest compared to minecraft?
Any interesting monsters?
Any cool mods that compliment or overhaul the combat?

Hardly any monsters or combat.

Pretty lame. Mobs are underdeveloped and it's hard to add things like damage boosts, it would require an overhaul mod (that nobody has written)

It's worse.

So there is none?
God I wish I was a codefag.
I've got good ideas for weapon classes and weapon/monster skills, but I couldn't code to save my life.

At the end of this week, I might fork the minetest engine to try to solve some issues in it.

Fucken do it, the main MT devs have a "let modders do my job for me" attitude

which mods are on the server?

F

fuck

New bread when?

Type /mods in game.

my bad

Server keeps dying.

for some reason the server keeps crashing when Reimu tries to log in, lol

too many cute-touhous for the server to handle??

GAS THE 2HUS, YOUKAI WAR NOW

Reimu here, some mesecons stuff I set up keeps crashing it. I kept trying to log in and quickly remove the mesecon so it wouldn't happen, but I guess that's impossible because the area will load before my client loads. I'm just going to wait for the admin to come back on and try to debug it with him.

Marisa: It looks like you're already in the same area by what said, but avoid the hallway, it causes the crashes. Stay very clear of it, but it's too late now.

Oh, too late. I went into the hallway.

can one of us go break it for you so you can log in?

You can't make this shit up. You weren't using a lua controller were you?

No luacontroller. I don't really want to go into particulars though.

It's under protection, and I'd rather wait for the admin than reveal the base location. Theoretically you could disarm it if you had a death banner.

don't talk shit about my yokai

fucking photoshop

I've written an API for damage boosts. I might release it.

disarmed the crash device

Reimu officially is the Masketta_Men big guy of the month
t. sizeablegent

Is anyone else experiencing massive fucking lag on the server?

I'm getting lag ONLY on minetest

make a craftable radar item that shows all people's names/locations for a limited time

I wonder who's behind this post