Sleeping Dogs

Why is the combat in this game so fucking sluggish and shit, it sucks at detecting your key presses especially when you try to counter.
On top of that the gameplay is not smooth (not speaking in terms of framerate).
Any ideas to fix this?

Other urls found in this thread:

pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sleeping_Dogs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Eh? I played it years ago on some shitty GTS with number I don't remember and never had any problems, apart from game itself being boring piece of shit. As a matter of fact combat was one of the fun parts.
Maybe you should upgrade your toaster.

Excellent, I salute you

is this a problem with the original game and does this get fixed in the definitive version?
Am I just not used to the combat system yet?
How about some actual fucking advice instead of meme posting, you fucking retards.

Take it to heart, fam

The what now?

there was a definitive version released for the game that supposedly fixes all the original games flaws.

What flaws? Sluggish combat? There wasn't any sluggish combat, it was better than goddamn batman it ripped off.
My guess is that this "definitive" edition is what fucked the game up.
Try playing vanilla one.

It's basically GotY edition but with slightly upscaled textures. Think dlc nickle and diming shenanigans

I thought it was just a "GOTY" edition that included all the DLC.

I'm honestly interested in your case OP, that game played very smooth, especially since it was basically Batman/Bully combat but faster, probably some of the better combat I've used in a GTA clone thats better than the actual GTA games.

As for detecting key presses when you want to counter, I guess its because you're pressing that button when you aren't close enough near an enemy and he isn't flashing red or doing an attack animation

for me I had trouble with the camera a bit as it does not stay centred on your character.

Yeah, that was annoying, and it was even worse if you used a controller.

the actual advice is you are retarded and there's nothing wrong with the combat in sleeping dogs

also don't play the definitive edition because it gives you a bunch of stuff at the beginning of the game and makes you overpowered

I never had that problem, but then again, I played it on a controller once I found out how ass the keyboard controls really are.

I disagree, I found the animations to be choppy as compared to GTA, plus the camera is wonky as fuck and does not stay centered as some anons mention above.

why do devs not make good mouse and keyboard support anymore?

Sleeping Doges 2 when?

Who knows at this point, the devs shut down that Sleeping Dogs MMO so I can only hope they decided to make a sequel, but after looking United Front Games and hearing that they're currently in shambles I cant help but be worried

So does anyone have some mod recommendations for this game?

there's literally nothing wrong with the combat, are you mentally slow?

Maybe you should try playing it on a device that's actually designed for playing video games.

It IS a bit stiff.

The fact that this game doesn't have John Woo/Max Payne style gameplay is the biggest sin.

There's a little bit of it. You can vault over shit and go into bullet time.

I never experienced the problems you're describing, OP.
I loved Sleeping Dogs despite its definite flaws, but the melee combat was the best (and most functional) part.
Also fwiw while I don't deny the Batman comparisons I always felt more of a Def Jam vibe when playing it.

The game is fine, you're just shit op. Sorry buddy.

Play the original version, the "Definitive Edition" is a flat downgrade in pretty much every way. It looks worse, it runs worse, it blocks the few good mods the game got, etc. If you're already playing the original, stop using a toaster and or git gud.

That's the standard version with the DLC that adds the absolutely retarded gamebreaking levels of content early game where it nearly maxed the player's skills out, gave the player more than enough money to buy everything in the game outright, a garageful of good vehicles and a wardrobe of clothing with various amounts of broken advantages like a grenade launcher revolver.

The Definitive edition also does change the counters a bit, I found the counters to be more lenient than in the regular game as well. In addition it also does fix the early game DLC issue. There's a bunch of other small fixes like the textures, shading, lighting and bloom compared to the regular one.

The Definitive Edition is only $7.50 right now on the Humble Store

You got a free chunk of slow-mo every time you vaulted over something, and the levels were built like gears of war, so you just vault over everything and the shooting is trivialized.

OP, sounds to me like you need to got gud

The Batman retarded generation is already here

Another entire genre bites the dust because of a single game made by mongoloids to mongoloids

Not just Hong Kong, but rain soaked Hong Kong. Shit is maximum comfy.

Is it bad that I would absolutely want a Blade Runner game like Sleeping Dogs? Less karate shit obviously, but the arkham combat and standard 3pv shooting wouls fit very well imo.

Only hard part would be like flying cars, unless they just make them a quick travel on-rails thing.

Fuck I can't type for shit on a phone.

There is not really a modding scene.
Field of view (FOV)
Can be adjusted via Racer_S Camera Control
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sleeping_Dogs
Hopefully my steam saves can work with a pirate copy as I can't be bothered to reinstall steam and break the systems airgap.

Those lucky sevens confirm.

ITT: people defend a shitty chink game. smh tbh fam.

dubs speak the truth

Talk about about your wasted digits

kys fam

you just jelly that you're not blessed by the dubs

missed ur dubs :^)

Your meme magic has run out.

never

u wot m8

smh tbh summer