Third Person Shooters

As of recently I decided to play Max Payne again and I'm loving it, but I've realized besides Max Payne and Binary Domain I really haven't played a lot of third person shooters, not even the MP sequels.
What are good third person shooters? I've heard of Vanquish and it looks really good but my PS3 died a few years so I can't play it yet. Preferably singleplayer but I'll take multiplayer too as long as it's actually fun and not anything like Defiance or Warframe. I don't know why I want TPS so badly but there's something really compelling about the genre. And Max Payne is just fucking amazing. Funny, spooky, badass, I really wonder how remedy pulled it off. Are the sequels just as good?
I liked Binary Domain but I kind of hope for more "free" games. By this I mean Binary Domain had a lot of parts where the game just locked me into playing the game its way(scripted segments, having the camera shake a lot and Dan fall on his ass just as much, not having much room to move in, etc) instead of mine.

Other urls found in this thread:

igg-games.com/max-payne-free-download.html
forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=848215
emuparadise.me/Nintendo_Gamecube_ISOs/P.N.03/66284-download
store.steampowered.com/app/317360/
announce.torrentsmd.com:8080/announce
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Binary Domain is shit, Vanquish is a meme game.

Try El Matador, no using the slow mo like a casual mangina, of course.

The Punisher is a pretty good Max Payne-like game. Shame about the two weapons limit and repetitive interrogation that is necessary to level up your character though.

The Suffering is as good as Max Payne, story wise and gameplay wise, truly one of the best TPS games I've ever played. It's Silent Hill meets MP. All MP fans should play it.

I think Slow Mo in MP should be used like Fear, as in only for doing cool shit and never for actual fighting. I wish I could do shootdodges without having to do it in slow motion but what can you do.

I don't think I've heard of it before, will play, thanks.

How much of a pussy am I if that scream in the nightmare sequence scares the shit out of me

All Platinum games are meme games. I've never liked any of them. Vanquish is like an autistic Gears of War.

Well yeah, that's mangina tier.

fuck

geymu is fine, your taste a shit

Mah nigga true dat , although the sequel went full potato with the argument and was kinda meh

The suffering : magnet:?xt=urn:btih:e6067c381c55e715812a550104f1949ceecbab8d&dn=The%20Suffering&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3a6969&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fzer0day.ch%3a1337&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fopen.demonii.com%3a1337&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fexodus.desync.com%3a6969&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3a6969

So how are the Max Payne sequels?

They're all pretty good from gameplay perspective. 3 doesn't have enough of it in between fuckloads of cutscene and mediocre story though.

MP2 is the worst, gameplay wise. The gunplay doesn't feel as good as the first game, the story is pretty bad, and the level design in general is pretty fucked up. It feels more floaty too. Zero replayability.

MP3 is great gameplay wise, but the story is a shit and the shitty cutscenes can't be skipped. In those regard it's worse than MP2. Both games are shit though tbh.

While we're at it, let's talk about the movie. It's absolutely boring, I couldn't care shit about the story, but the cinematography is legitimately attractive. The Death Wish like opening scene of Payne handling some thugs, the CGI NYC winter noir landscape, the slow motion sequence of SWAT team opening fire at Payne, the Valkyr scenes, the drowning scene, and the final Aesir shootout are all absolutely beautiful. These really are some of the best usage of montage in action films I've ever seen. Shame we only got a handful of these scenes.

MP3 had potential but got ruined by weapon limits + pretentious storytelling.

Cuckstar owns the best video game engine in the world, but their creative departement is a bunch of hacks.

I really hate how the movie decided to ditch the most cool and interesting parts of the story. No secret societies, no super serum, no black ops killer suits, no FLESH OF FALLEN ANGLES(instead we get that guy from prison break looking like he's laughing at his baby daughter), nothing. I don't get hollywood.

They tried catering to normalfags with something that don't even interest them.
They do that shit all the time and it always fails.
It's incredible the ability the jews have to never learn from history.

Yep, that one shootout inside the office on MP3 was better than any TPS ever. But they waste their tech trying to turn the game into a movie and then downgrade the engine to make another shitty casual GTA with missions that feel like a tutorial as usual.

Rockstar was always shit.

Yeah, the writer is such a hack. The cinematographer may get my recognition though. Look at this scene, it's quite competently directed.

If they were catering to normalfags, there would be MUCH more action. This is just a boring low budget flick with only 10 minutes of action sequence and nothing else interesting happens throughout the movie. For a $35 million, it sure does look pretty, but the script is so fucking garbage.

I guess try Alan Wake on PC, I thought that was worth the playthrough

I think they tried to sell it as a pollar.
They just had to rip off the game's script and film, how hard is it ?

Stranglehold is pretty similar to Max Payne, but more consoley. Both were inspired by the movie Hard Boiled.

It's been said before that Hollywood is really just full of idiots who have no clue about what's good and what isn't. Putting all their money down based on names and star power alone even when they're taking from something that writes itself. They're so out of touch with the general public that they don't care because alot of them are so high in power that they could make 20 shitty movies and they still won't be fired.

Anything else? Thank you all anons.

Wanted: Weapons of Fate is surprisingly gud.

Isn't it embarrassingly short though ?

What do you mean by more consoley?

Cutscenes and set piece levels

Well there goes MP. Was it me or by the end the only weapons worth using were the colt commando, jackhammer, sniper and grenade launcher?

2 was pretty lackluster. Gammeplay isn't quite on par with how floatly it is (mostly likely because they wanted to show off the engine), bullet time was broken beyond all belief making the game far too easy, level design is repetitive, there a far less bosses, and it's considerably shorter. The story on top of this is rather bad - tone is much more melancholy and melodramatic than the first game, Max seems like a dumbass for following everyone by the nose, Vlad turns into a cardboard cut-out villain, there aren't really any new (important) characters, the story kind of meanders around and there isn't any real mystery. Overall the game just seems like a worse version of 1.

3 is a really mixed bag. On one hand, the mechanics are great and there are plenty of great sequences and gunfights. On the other hand, the gameplay is constantly broken up by unskippable cutscenes and quite a few of scripted, linear sequences. On one hand, the story isn't as drab and uninteresting as 2 and Max isn't quite a dumbass. On the other hand, it's really got nothing to do with Max Payne and has many laughably bad parts - it's also unskippable so you're forced to deal with it. I'm not sure if I'd say that the gameplay redeems the game or if there's too much that just drags down the experience. Either it's a decent or even good game that's very rough around the edges, or a fundamentally flawed game with bits of potential hiding in it - I can't decide which it is. I will say that I do have more fun replaying it than 2, even with the cutscenes getting in the way.

Kind of an odd request, but are there games similar to Destroy All Humans where it's a mix between cool weaponry and psychic powers?

Ah, well I'll give it a shot, thanks.

Wait, vlad? As in "old time bad guy with honor and morals, almost enough to make him one of the good guys" vlad?
Shame.

Is Max Payne 3 optimized or should I not even bother with the 15 gig pirate?

Them's fighting words.

It is really fun (Stranglehold that is)
It's one of those games which were still fun and engaging like on the ps2 but with shiny graphics.
Any stalkers here will dig this video

here lemme play a clunky as shit looking like shit and responsive like a bag of dragon dildos covered in shit game
the fuck outta here

I used to the regular grenades, dual ingrams, and deagle a decent amount in the last chapters.

Yeah, that Vlad. Most of the returning cast is pretty poorly characterized. Aside the previously mentioned characters: Mona is just a cold bitch, and Woden is pretty bland and forgettable. Vinnie is pretty much the only character that's the same - a little bitch way in over his head.

3's PC port is actually pretty damn good. Great options and runs really well.

the banter between those 2 was top notch

the reviewer talking should be hired holy crap

IMHO MP3 felt more like a GTA game with more streamlined and linear gameplay rather than a MP game

I consider it a fan fic

Anons should follow this fine poster and post magnet links and such for games. Now that KAT is down and TPB keeps switching domains, it makes shit convenient if you can post the torrent. Good work.

I used the IGG one for MP.
igg-games.com/max-payne-free-download.html
(don't install the patch)
Plus the soundfix
forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=848215

Replaying MP again I've just realized the person who says "is this the payne residence" is nicole horne and not some random dude.

Gears of War 1, 2 and to a lesser extend 3.

How come third person shooters are so underrepresented ?
What are the ingredients of a good third person shooter ?
Sadly after Gears Of War they just turned the whole genre into whack a mole.
I think you need to remove any sort of cover system and give you an ability that let's you fuck shit up and avoiding damage if you're good enough.

I think what you need is some powerful weapons and a really good movement system to seal the deal. Looking more into vanquish the movement seems to be the entire heart of the game and it looks pretty damn good. I have no issues with cover shooters as long as they have you moving a lot. For example have you be the weak underdog and your enemies very powerful so you end up quickly moving between destructible pieces of cover raining lead on the enemies in between. What I don't like is the Mass Effect route of stay in one piece of cover while everything comes at you single file. Personally I haven't played Gear of War so I can't really say if it's good or bad but I have played a bunch of cover shooters that fall into the trap I mentioned above.

Okay faggot fuck off. MP2 is actually pretty great sequel story wise, while MP3 fucks everything up. MP2 is pretty good deconstruction Max Payne's character and pariculary touches on subject of "what a protagonist of revenge story gets his revenge". After Max avenges his family he loses his lust for revenge that kept him going for the event of first game and he left with nothing: his family still dead, he lost his american dream castle forever and he has to put up with his new shity apartment and while Wooden clears all the charges for him, damage on his career is still done and he stuck being a detective with reputation of dangerous man who can't be trusted. When Mona yet again invades his life, Max torn on subject of feelings towards her: is he obsessed with her femme fatale attraction or genuinely loves her, because he sees a kindred spirit in her, does he betrays a memory of his dead family by giving in passion, does she feels the same about him or manipulates him? He torn between his love for Mona and desire to restore his life back by trying to be a good cop and cracking that case and restore his honor. It was really well written game: that hard wrench punch when you find out why Winterson was working for Vlad, Vlad's fall into his ambitions, that made him do bad things, that he thought was doing for a good cause and finally that ending, that actually end Max Payne's story so well. Pic related is why Max Payne 2 is a great sequel, ending to MP's story and why MP3 fucks everything up.

gameplay is alright by the way, it's not that floaty and regdoll is fun, knocking up enemies by throwing yourself at them with rolls is pure joy

there is super serum and conspiracy, but it so underdeveloped that it's insulting just as half second cameo of Max's voice actor and black Jim Bravura.

I wish they'd just release it to PC.

Yeah and not that good comparing to Max Payne or other legit titles, but it is good for movie licensed game.

I've heard some rumors it may happen but I wouldn't hold my breath for it since Sega still really wants to shove sonic down my throat.

Is this Sam Lake?

I've just dl'd it to check and it's alright but buggy and if you don't have a controller the mouse sensitivity is all fucked up.
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:ff89a11755a2926b59b48ef7952914758ec9303e&dn=%5bR.G.%20Mechanics%5d%20Wanted%20-%20Weapons%20of%20Fate&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3a6969&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fzer0day.ch%3a1337&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fexodus.desync.com%3a6969&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3a6969&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fopen.demonii.com%3a1337

nice one my friend

MP3 could've been so good if it was just the story of Max trying to escape New York and the epilogue could've been the actual prologue of the game, showing that things never change.

Oh and lets end once and for all the "Max Payne 3 had good mechanics meme". The fact that you have to push rmb for aim in Max Payne game is already a downgrade for Max Payne mechanically. It's not a gta4, aim should be on screen ALL THE TIME. But of course it isn't cause Max Payne is cover shooter now.

There were some rumors, but nothing confirmed yet, you know like always.

Had no problem with mouse controls, but yeah game is built way too much for consoles. Again, it's nice short time waster, but not that great as a complete game experience, kinda like pic related. MP3's story can't be any good if it isn't made by Remedy, MP3 writing is so Rockstar and I like R*'s riting, but it's not suited for Max Payne.

TIGHT controls, no extra animations for the playable character (think GTA 3 and not GTA IV), wide assortment of weapons, dodgeroll, enemies using verticality.
And sprinkle a solid gimmick of some sort on top. (Slo-mo, beast mode, bullet-curving???, telekinesis, squad control…)

Oh and some sort of technical problem as well, because that's happened with every third person shooter game I've played so far.
Max Payne and The Suffering both had audio issues.
Kane & Lynch had some textures missing, I think.
Freedom Fighters was so fucking fast I couldn't control it (game speed tied to framerate).

Was max payne supposed to have ingame music? Because a lot of times I felt the game should have had something playing but nothing was.

MP didn't have any sound issue last time I played it but I do have sound problems and crashes for the Suffering, the bastard also displays on my secondary screen and won't start if I disable it.

It really wasn't. It had some good ideas but its execution was rather sloppy. Plus it's tone never really gelled well with the first game - 1 was rather dark, but had a little tongue-in-cheekedness to it and never took itself too seriously, while 2 was overall much more dark and serious, almost seeming melodramatic at times. That also made the little tongue-and-cheek moments left in the game kind of clash with the tone, which is no better exemplified with Vlad putting Vinnie in a Captain Baseballbat Boy suit with a bomb strapped to it. Vlad in general just seemed way too affable and mustache-twirling for the game's story.

Except you didn't need to? You could aim without that just fine.
If you're talking about the crosshairs, it pretty much is, it only disappears when you're not shooting and alone, but reappears whenever enemies are near.
nigger pls

It was, you didn't get the sound patch for modern systems. Too bad, because it's OST is great.

But that's the thing, I did. Sometimes in some places the music would play but it's only for a while. Like in the final level when mona is shot and you fight those three guys the music shows up and I was like fuck yeah here comes the payne and then it got muted after those three died. The one time I can truly say there was music in the game was Ragna Rock

Also speaking of your image was the "familiar voice" in both cutscenes Sam Lake? In the first one I can kind of hear Max talking but in the second I have no idea who the familiar voice who tells you it's a drug trip is.

wew. This is a highly underrated game!

There's plenty tongue and cheek like tv shows, nps dialogs etc and other little moments, like one of the fake janitors playing "Late goodnight" on piano or finalle boss qouting "Underdog"and other shit. Not as much as first MP, but just enough.
How come? He did felt bad for betraying Max, he did what he did with some what good intentions - stopping "Inner Circle" to do evil shit and he did some good things, like taking care of Winterson's son.
Really? It only appears when you aim with rmb or shoot blindly with lmb which still to long.

The link I gave earlier gave me problems so I used this one magnet:?xt=urn:btih:9cd449dcb284631ae85e92893c0c5f818461182c&dn=The%20Suffering.zip&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3a6969&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fzer0day.ch%3a1337&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3a6969&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fopen.demonii.com%3a1337&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fexodus.desync.com%3a6969

Make sure to run it all in XP compatibility mode.

P.N.03 is an underrated gem.

There honestly aren't that many good third person shooters. Even less if you apply strict criteria and rule out things like Tomb Raider and Splinter Cell (platformer and stealth game respectively). I'd struggle to name 10:

1. Max Payne 1
2. Max Payne 2
3. Max Payne 3 (when the game actually lets you fucking play of course)
3. Binary Domain
4. Dead Space
5. Mafia 1 (pushing on open world though)
6. Bounty Hunter?

There's probably one or two I've missed though.

How's Advent Rising?

Come to think of it aren't some of the more recent Transformers games pretty good?

with a very… let's say european artstyle and a slightly overdone drama. The game was supposed to be a first in a story heavy series, but too ambitious for it's own good. Plays ok, I guess, but be sure to find a strategy guide or something because I remember controls being unintuitive as all hell. Didn't finish it myself for some reason.

The AI did literally nothing wrong

THAT
ASS

I think Fox Engine might be even better. Too bad PachinKonami has it.

I feel like the weapon limit was only there to show off the character's animations, what with the whole carrying your long-gun like a breifcase thing.

If you're a graphics whore, maybe. RAGE engine still has way superior physics, and the graphics isn't far behind.

What was edgy about MP3's story? It was just really bad.

PEOPLE INTO GLUE

Organ harvesting won't even be a taboo in the future the way we're currently going.

(checked)
Nothing in particular, just had a bit of an undertone to it is all. I guess most neo-noir stuff is like that.

If I remember correctly, it had such insane autoaim that it felt more like a lockon that you couldn't turn off.

Red Dead Redemption gets my vote, along with its predecessor Revolver if you're looking for a more linear style game. Variety of guns that all feel and shoot different, actual bullet drop at long distances, aiming at different body parts produces different results (i.e. Shoot someone in the stomach they'll crawl away pleading for mercy, shoot them twice in the knees they sit there kneeling and you can run up and execute them) missions include helping filthy beaners exterminate other beaners and trying to free your family from government hitmen. Turn on expert aiming and the game becomes much harder. The open world has a lot to offer with a shit ton of side quests that are unnerving more than scary and that general vibe carries over the entire game. The npcs all have set duties they perform during the day and at night which I thought was a nice touch, and towns are actually populated with more than a few soldiers and barrels. Hunting is also a big part of it and you can sell pelts and other animal parts at the store to buy guns and other shit. There's an honor system that effects the way both cops and criminals treat you, you can also wear a bandana to mask your identity so this isn't effected. The story is fantastic, you can continue after the story is ended and there's a secret ending you can get after you "beat" the game the first time which makes up for the fact that you're now playing as a faggot instead of the badass you just were.

This might go in the open world category but it's the only good (modern) western game I've played and the majority of missions are basically "ride here, shoot bad guys, get paid". Not to mention the shooting and gore are as satisfying as I've seen in a video game.

I personally enjoyed it for what it was, abysmal shooting and all. It was fun watching irredeemable characters try and unfuck their situation, only to fuck up ten fold. The multiplayer was where it was at though.

That so true. K&L is secretly the best heist game, better than Pay"with Micro-transactions" Day.

Anyway, here's another gem, that nobody here seems to remember. Many fun superpowers, mostly based on teleportation and really cool setting.

Gears of Meme games, not even kidding.

Oh cool this thread is still on page one.

Care to elaborate, user?

Yeah I used to play this before my PS died. It's a shame it's not on a PC, I'd love to see what kind of mods they'd put out for it.

What a shame.

All of the nu-Silent Hill games are basically semi-open 3rd Person Shooters, try Homecoming or Downpour. They're not as open as say GTA but still lots of wandering around town segments.

We were all dead. The final post was an exclamation point on everything that had led to this point.
I released my finger from the new reply button, and then this thread was all over.

Thank you all anons, again. Especially the guys who posted magnet links, can't wait to play The Suffering.

Does it emulate well ?

P.N.03 : emuparadise.me/Nintendo_Gamecube_ISOs/P.N.03/66284-download

why am I the only one giving dl links ?

And while we're at it : MP 1&2
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:4b5ac263ba443e6a4313ad15b3a0982addd8c7e2&dn=Max+Payne+1+%26+2&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fzer0day.ch%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.demonii.com%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fexodus.desync.com%3A6969

How the fuck did I forget to mention Double Action Boogaloo ?
store.steampowered.com/app/317360/
It's free and still receiving updates.

No one's mentioned it, but I found Lost Planet 2 was breddy fun, especially if you like killing big bugs and the like.

LP2 is god-tier if you have a friend to play with..
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:d26a71c374e6d73dd1308a993c7568d9a7628e14&dn=Lost+Planet+2-SKIDROW&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fzer0day.ch%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.demonii.com%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fexodus.desync.com%3A6969

and since we're on the topic of killing bugs : EDF 4.1

Does the online for the original even work anymore? I'm almost tempted to give it a go. I've also heard the second is pretty decent for the gritty raw feeling.

Haven't played it in a while to be honest, so can't really tell. K&L 2 is okay, until shity ending, it does nail that HK atmosphere.

Jesus christ this game, i dont think i even managed to get through the "tutorial" level because of how shitty the gameplay was… like even ME-series has great gameplay when compared to this shit-turd and to top it of the game looked like absolute ass too with BLUR everywhere and this was on pc-version i bought at some sale from steam because some fags on Holla Forums recommended it.

Serves me right to trust you faggots… atleast it was only 5yoros 5yoros i could've used to buy 5 cheeseburgers from mcdonalds…

It was an AI. That is enough to justify it's extermination.

I wouldn't say that but I don't remember it ever frame lagging on me.

better than vanquish

Havent been there for years but i like thinking money in terms of cheeseburgers because they sell those for 1euros.

Just think about it, for a 60euro game you could get a nice stack of cheeseburgers!

Why would you want 60 cheeseburgers when you could buy No Man's Sky and have 50 quintillion cheeseburgers ?

One of the best coop games I played. The multi seat VS were fun to use, you could do some really cool shit when you learned the controls and almost every weapon was fun to use.
Also the unlock system was really nice, it was luck based but you unlocked shit just by playing normally, no need to grind and it was pretty quick.

I'd understand if you bought them and put them in the fridge or something to eat later on. It's about the only thing worth getting at mcd. On the other hand you could get five burgers and a jar of pickles from pretty much any store.

You dont get it, i like to compare money to them because cheeseburgers from mc'd while shit are still something TANGIBLE, something you can touch, feel and such.

There's nothing else in the market really that has clear-cut price like those cheeseburgers for 1euro, most stuff is something like 2.49 or 0.99 etc so it's harder to compare.

And when you compare a stack of 60burgers to a digital key of a shitty game on your steam-list for an example. Which one would you take?

I don't know man but a game won't make me fat.
I think I'd rather compare games to Romanian prostitutes.

Those burgers wont either unless you eat them all in one sitting and what kind of monstrosity can do that?

But you can't really keep Mcdonald's for more than an hour.
Maybe we should stop derailing the thread though.

Why was Uncharted so boring and yet so successful ?

I just got vanquish for $9.99 on psn.
The game is fast paced and hard on its highest difficulty. It's a very straightforward game with no upgrade screens. You only upgrade guns not yourself as far as I know (I don't know how far I am 6+ hours in). You upgrade guns in a way I haven't seen. If you have a gun you pick up the same gun to refil it's ammo. If the gun is full however, the gun ranks up. Three ranks up upgrades the gun a level. The upgraded increase various properties. Ammo, damage etc.

What makes this game fun is the bosses and the level design plus the overall speed of the game.

Oh if anyone knows I've found small statues that turn red when shot. What's that all about?

Oh really? I'd wager you could have them last for 3~ weeks if you stored them in the fridge atleast and still be "good" for human consumption.

normalfags want their watered down Indiana Jones adventures, normalfags also have shit taste.

I loved this shit. It was really entertaining to go and get killed by the custom enemy kills. That one monster in the ground with the spinning chains had my favorite kill. Sucked you underground and spit up body parts

I wish they kept the gunplay from max Payne 3 and used it in gtav. Shit was brutal, if they would've added gore for shotgun blasts or riddled chests it would've really been something.

When I played mp3 to me it had the most realistic pistol fights I've seen in any game. Loved the character movements as well

Not like it'l taste any different than when it's "fresh".

Playing through Max Payne 2 right now. I'm not a fan of the new voices for everyone and how much longer the shootdodge is now but otherwise I'm digging it

Not very relevant for most of you but MP1 had very good french voices but MP2 only had english voices.
It actually was very common back then for games to be dubbed in European languages aswell as english. Nowadays it's just AAA games because normalfags don't speak english and can't read subtitles.

You know what game was really cool and you had "powers" (science)

Singularity on pc

glad I dont eat mcdonalds

I remember this game.
A good AA game, solid 6/10.
FPS though so not relevant to the thread

Rmb just aimed in closer. Just hitting the fire button would make him shoot. He'll even if you gained momentum in a bullet time jump/spin and went rag dolling around a room you could fire at any time

As someone who has played both I have to say max Payne 3 has a better engine by far. The gun play in mgsv feels like meh while mp3 you feel the impact and see the Sutlej and not so subtle movements of a thug as you riddle his cage with a pistol

You don't though.
I don't know what kind of retarded torrent you downloaded but the crosshair is always on screen.

You do realize I'm talking about Max Payne 3? And don't bullshit me about torrents, on all jewtube footages of gameplay you can see how crosshair disappears, when you in "run" mode.

Sick monster designs in that one. Great fucking game.

Speaking of Kane & Lynch… I still cant believe that fucking nosedive right after the prison level. Game was pretty gud before that and turned into a shlock complete with generic TPS shit and a helicopter boss. Havana and that final Hacienda level are fucking shit.

What the fuck happened, Io?

go away

The Womb Raider reboot is a pretty decent third person shooter if you can stomach all of the shitty hold-forward-to-win scripted crap filled with QTEs.

Enemies are actually kinda smart and will flank you and use molotovs to draw you out of cover, the shooting feels punchy and satisfying and the game doesn't seem yo have any autoaim crap.

I'm not sure if this fully qualifies as a TPS but I'm gonna ask anyway. What are your thoughts on Crusader: No Regret/Remorse? Is it worth downloading?

I really enjoy it but I feel it doesn't get the praise it deserves nor the sequels. Here's a magnet link UUUU.
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:ba7e97a8e2d1fe6ae4103c6488e1a0bce16d1d3c&dn=Crusader+No+Remorse+GOG&xl=388708757&dl=388708757&tr=udp://tracker.openbittorrent.com:80/announce&tr=udp://tracker.publicbt.com:80/announce&tr=udp://tracker.coppersurfer.tk:6969/announce&tr=announce.torrentsmd.com:8080/announce

I know right?

That Man on Fire ripoff shitfest is so unbearably pretentious it even has fake loading to prevent you from skipping cutscenes.

What's the better game? No regret or no remorse?

I'll be honest I don't remember which of the two I played.

no, it did nothing wrong

Nigga it's at least a 9/10. There is nothing this game does wrong or badly. It's only downside is that it wasn't marketed properly and was doomed to be titled mediocre because it didn't try to innovate, just do what it does well.

It's Uncharted on PC with a grill skin and worse writing/dialogue.
I enjoyed it for what it was worth. Everything works fine, you don't really have to use the WE'RE TOTALLY NOT MAKING THIS GAME ACCESSIBLE TO BRAINDEAD MORONS-vision, bow is kinda fun to use.

At least you can pirate RotTR now to just to piss off the dev and publisher.

Does it run fine on Win7 ?

If you use the 7 to 10 scale then sure. 6/10 is a honorable grade, it's above average.
I wish it'd get a sequel.

I can confirm it runs fine on Win7 but holy shit those controls I actually need to read a manual in 2016.

The shooting in Uncharted is shit thiough, Laura of Duty makes the combat more intense.

MY LORD

I want someone itt to prove me wrong, PLEASE>

I don't understand, I've played it just fine on Win7 a few months ago.
Download the torrent I put up earlier.

Check the igg games link I posted+ the soundfix.

Stop being a bellend

I played it just fine on windows 10

Nope, doesn't work, it's just sitting there in the task manager and wont start.

create a text file.
Paste
start /affinity 1 MaxPayne.exe
in it
Name the file MaxPayne.bat. Close that process and then run the bat file. Enjoy the payne.

Just to be clear you'll need to keep running the bat file every time you want to launch the game. Same deal with Payne 2.

Doesn't work.
I'll just emulate the ps2 version. maybe someday dumbasses that own this fucking game now will get of their high throne and release a fucking gog version.

pic
In notepad, press file, press save as, bring up the drop down list, click all files and then name it MaxPayne.bat

Oh my God, it actually works.
If i was a 13 year Japanese school girl i would let you have your way with me all night long, user.

also no fucking regenerating health

Did you use the sound patch? Also I doubt you'd want my kebab cock

I did, and you are right, i don't.

I thought that was a prerequisite for any GOOD game.

I actually like semi-regenerative health.
Like healthbar+shield or segmented healthbar.
In Max Payne for example you will always regen back to 25% health.
You shouldn't have to use this mechanic though given the abundance of painkillers.

Regenerating health works fine when there's a way to avoid any and all damage through skill and you counterbalance it by making cover and potshots a non-viable or subpar strategy, or you make it small and background so that it is irrelevant in action situations

As far as I know, the online should still work as you still log into gfwl when the game launches. I havent tried to play online due to the struggle of finding people to play with. The 2nd one was fun, short but fun. It's worth it for the 2-3 dollars you can get it on g2a, and theres even a demo to try out if you're curious. Eurocucks still play its MP every so often, so the multiplayer isn't completely dead.

Anyway, here's another TPS that's completely overlooked that I enjoyed immensely. I don't know what it is about TPS's and crime syndicates, but I can't get enough of either of them.

it's a stillborn

I actually liked Streets of NY.
Too bad it's mediocre at best and Sleeping Dogs isn't really the same to be fair. I didn't like the emphasis on melee but the driving was god tier.

Make sure you run Max Payne in Windows XP compatibility mode I think it was or it fucks up the mouse sensitivity to unplayable degree.

I've heard good things about Mafia.

True Crime is pretty good and you can just fuck around as a crooked officer. You can also activate wacky cheats.

regenerative health doesn't necessarily make a bad game but 99% of the games with regenerative hp are shit because of it. It's shit when there's no way to avoid damage so you have to sponge damage, wait until your hp is full again and then sponge some more, it does make pretty much all games worse unless they really do right ala stalker or wurm unlimited. Bonus points if there are cover mechanics

kill yourself

driving school is ebin as fug, those car tricks are really fun

True Crime Streets of LA + Streets of NY :

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:6c55aafd1ca2ae446c0185c4f5536453675ebd26&dn=True.Crime.Duology.Repack-R.G.Mechanics&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fzer0day.ch%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.demonii.com%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fexodus.desync.com%3A6969

streets of ny a shit

come on it's 2016

How were these games? I had interest in them both when they came out but the reviews put me off. Of course, what we know today is that journalists have terrible taste, can't play vidya, and the mediocre games of yesterday are pretty good when compared to what passes as a good game today.

Inversion looked like it had some neat bosses and Neverdead, while it looked clunky, seemed like it could be fun…

I kind of prefer MP1's writing over the second. I miss max when he was pissing off mob bosses and looking all smug all the time.

Inversion was terrible and Neverdead was just mediocre. Neverdead did some interesting things with the whole body parts being about to be separated thing and Inversion didn't actually do anything innovative. The whole inverting mechanic wasn't executed well at all and once you got over it it was just a generic third person shooter.

so 5 bucks for Neverdead, would I get my fun's worth out of it?

So speaking of Metal Gear how is Phantom pain as a TPS and while we're at it, a stealth game? I remember enjoying Ground Zeroes but it not posing much of a challenge and I haven't bothered pirating PP yet.

For 5 bucks anything is worth it if you want to pay, but yeah, take the plunge on it if you want. Not like Konami is going to be using that money for anything except for more pachinko.

gotcha, I'm going to get it today then. Thanks user.

The Phantom Pain is pretty much more of Ground Zeroes but in a larger world which detracts from the game, imo. You get the option to call in airstrikes/ammo drops/etc if you want to go loud. Stealthing is pretty good in that if you're autistic enough to scout a large base out to try to figure enemy movements and the like. It's pretty on par with Ground Zeroes in terms of difficulty. If you want it harder you can self regulate your loadout to be full Snake Eater minus the need to eat or heal yourself in that menu or you can go easy modo and deck yourself with the best gear you have available.
Note that the R&D stuff is real time, so if you want those sweet unlocks be prepared for waiting or use a script to instantly get your shit if you hate that stuff.

Sounds interesting. Does the R&D still tick when the game isn't open or what? Also I remember hearing it has Denuvo, has it been fully cracked or will I run into glitches like with Lords of the Fallen?

You can just download a 100% save on PC to play offline and mess around with all the gear without having to worry about pachinkonami's bullshit microtransaction bait.

It has it's problems, but the gameplay was solid and it successfully distanced itself from Max Payne 2's parasitic mess.

Still no new crack and you have to set your timezone to beijing and use a save to skip the prologue, but it works.

I guess I'll wait then.

No, it's shit.

So far only Rise of the Tomb Raider has a proper crack that completely disables denuvo and we don't know how long the process takes, the group that did it is new and supposedly a combination of cpy and codex, nuDoom is going to take priority over an update to an old game that was already "cracked" and there are more debungo games coming out. You'll be waiting for a while.

no, it has a lot of messy issues and some flat out horrendous levels. Payne 2 is a bit mediocre and easy, but it never goes as far as disabling bullet travel like max payne 3 does. A lot of its mechanics are half implemented and leave a lot to be desired, rolling for example is astonishingly useless in payne 3.

I've got all the time in the world.

Rolling's for when you run out of ammo and need to pick up a gun without being a sitting duck. Some of the stuff is a bit light, but it doesn't change the fact that the core gunplay is incredibly incredibly solid. Bullet travel is still a thing, bullets just actually move at realistic speeds instead of chugging through the air like paintballs.

No user, the clock is ticking, we're all on a time limit and you never know how much you have remaining.

You know what you have to do, get your kneepads, open your mouth and help fund those pachinko machines, it's the only way, just be ready for a spitroast.

The Getaway is pretty bad, i liked the realistic feel of it but the gameplay is just bad. I tried to forced myself to finish it but gave up halfway into the game.

I also dont get these faggots shitting on MP2, what the fuck?

it's by no means "solid" it's just flashy. The animations are very nice but the further minimized and flat out disabled at times bullet travel does tremendous harm to the sense of flow and mechanical depth in the game. Payne 3 is a bad game, and there's far better TPS titles like armed and dangerous to put your time into that desperately clinging to Payne 3.

And what exactly do you consider to be a good game then, Mr. Cheeseburger?

Nah, I'm not that invested into the MGS series anyways. Plus if I die I bet they have some dream vidya machine in heaven so I'd just play that instead
Anyways I've been looking through Play-ism's catalog while The Suffering downloads to see if there's some obscure jap indie that's a third person shooter but I'm not having any luck. Anyone know of anything?

It's not bad but I feel like it's missing something. I like the new guns and the fact that I can knock people down and ragdoll them to my heart's content but I wish it was harder or had bosses or had Max's old personality.
I'll be honest I'm not really invested in Max and Mona's romance. I can't exactly figure out why they're so attracted to each other.

it has no enemy variety for one. This would have gone a ways to encouraging variety in the players choice of weapons.

I literally almost fell asleep playing Tomb Raider. It's so fucking easy it might as well be a movie.

Well that too but I have a habit of needing to switch weapons after every fight. It's a Ratchet and Clank thing.
Speaking of which has there ever been something as good as Ratchet and Clank?

armed & dangerous

Nope, sadly.
Mostly because making a game like R&C requires a lot of game design knowledge; something most modern game devs have trouble with.

Fuck I'm tired. I hope to see this thread on the first page tommorow. Night anons and thank you a third time.

Nice digits, will check.

I feel like that whole genre is a lost art, but we'll see how that one kickstarter thing will turn out.

I barely finished the first level and then gave up because the controls are too awful

You've yet to give any coherent reason why the gunplay is poorly designed, and given that you said the game used hitscan, when you can clearly see bullets leaving the chamber in slow-motion in every combat section leads me to believe you don't have the ability.

It's because she's a female from the first game, with similar abilities to Max. It doesn't make any sense with her character, but Sam Lake was too lazy to write anyone new, so fuck it. Max Payne 2 had all of New York to write about, but only adds a single new character, hardly any new locations, and adds no new elements to the plot. All the potential of a massive city filled with legend, and the result is tiny, banal and incestuous.

Pot calling the kettle black on that one.

I take it you never played the terrible boat turret level? I'm surprised, for someone who likes the game so much you should have played this level by now, it's pretty early in the game. The game flat out disables hitscan for this embarrassing turret section.

it's funnier too.

Fair enough, although the section is still well designed and imparts nothing on the rest of the game. You're still not even approaching an argument as to why the core gameplay is in any way deficient.

broken mechanics like rolling, unnecessary over-done player collision when you shoot dodge into a wall leaves to some retarded scenarios like fighting on a narrow bridge where payne is constantly collapsing into himself because instead of just rubbing against the wall as you would in previous entries, the game decides to punish you for shoot dodging. This makes the only way can reasonably progress come down to pre-firing enemies and ducking back into and out of retarded cover. This absolutely destroys any flow combat would otherwise have and makes it one of the worst third person games of its type.

We're wasting too much time talking about an awful game when we can be talking about better third person shooters.

It's like he lost every brain cell he had to alcohol and pills.

WHAT DO YOU MEAN THEY WERE LYING TO ME ALL ALONG

Yeah, nah, mp3 max was the fucking worst and the story was a convoluted mess with the most half assed try hard and seemingly never ending monologues.
But hey I loved the game, the gameplay saves it.

if there's one thing i hate in life is redundancy

So you've just watched people break the game or are you actually this fucking bad at it?

Something made mostly for Max to pick things up with speed, and included as an option for possible depth and completeness's sake. Minor mechanic, mostly irrelevant.

It's called planning your shoot dodges, paying attention to your environment, getting good.
I assume you mean "shoot before they shoot you", which is always a good move, but hardly the only factor determining success, and being able to pick off targets and targeting enemies on the fly is a component of player skill. You appear to lack that skill, and lack a decent vocabulary.
If you suck at the game, or you're in the poor position to be playing on console. The right way to play is shootdodging around whilst minimizing risk using a combination of constant movement and cover. Not locking too cover, but dodging into and out of areas of safety without ever hunkering down, instead of rushing straight into a hail of bullets or hiding like a fag.
If you suck, and are unable to adapt to anything new.
Even if you despise Max Payne 3, that is absurd and idiotic hyperbole, and you know it. Even if the gunplay was alpha-stage, third world indie game tier unfinished and all the game had was visuals, music and so on, there are thousands of third person games with absolutely no redeeming qualities whatsoever, and redeeming qualities Max Payne 3 undeniably has.

even with all this rabid defense you've yet to point out a single thing that makes the game good.

You've yet to give a reason why the game's bad, faggot. You've lost the argument, and now you're trying to get a new crop of points to awkwardly and pathetically nitpick. I will oblige. The gunplay is incredibly solid, fun, and the Euphoria physics adds a lot to the gameplay, and makes everything more visceral and visually engaging to look at. The graphics are great, the music is great, there's lots of detail, especially in regards to the guns. The level design is solid, and every setup is explored to it's maximum potential. The neo-noir atmosphere of Sao Paulo is pretty well done, if not everyone's taste. The writing is undeniably flawed, but manages to set up and pay off a proper ending for Max Payne. When he finally forgives himself, accepts his fate in life, and gets a happy ending, it's never spoken about, but told through subtle changes in monolog tone, a killer track and finally showing the sun, which is cleverly hidden from sight throughout the rest of the game.

It's flaws is that the mopey first half Max is overdone and at times quite contrived, it makes the same dumb plot moment as at the start of Max Payne 2, and they shove far too many cutscenes in your face. You can skip the level intros by picking checkpoint 2 from the level menu, but they still clearly want to shove it all down your throat, and I can totally understand people finding it unbearable. The styling is also overdone, but you either get behind that or you don't, and it's a matter of personal preference.

Is there a way to fix the random frame drops to 1 fps?

what do you mean by this? It's very shallow, an easier version of payne 1 and 2's bullet travel and is outright discarded at turret sections. This is bad design.

I've addressed this before how the physics actually get in the way of the game play by being too realistic that it forces the player to to engage in less risky play.

The level of detail is scaled back, there's no more TV shows, interactive scenes which bring up comic book panel story telling, much less environmental interaction in general. Detail is more than just how much debris developers pollute around the map, you know.

I don't care about discussing aspects like soundtrack, nu-gamer garbage like atmosphere, or other tertiary qualities. I'm talking about the game play.

Sometimes I think they made the levels and then wrote a story around it.

More like the game punishes you for being a retard. The game punishes you for having 0 percent mastery over the controls. This also proves that you fucking sucked dick at max payne 1 also. Play Max Payne 1 on harder difficulty levels and try shootdodging around and see how long your faggot ass lives.
more proof that you suck at the game

Wrong
Wrong

Complaining about tertiary qualities invalidates your claim of not caring about said qualities.

Those were the only points he was right about. The world of MP3 is much less interactive and alive than the previous games.

You haven't given a single coherent argument as to why the gunplay is bad, and the closest you came to one got completely destroyed. Same with your bitching about physics because you suck, and can't bother to pay attention whilst shootdodging. You're repeating the same shit that I've already shut down, without even trying to address any of my actual points.
Regrettable, but it no longer fits with the atmosphere of the game, and half of the one's in Max Payne 2 sucked anyways.
That's called a cutscene, which Max Payne 2 has, with the same level of styling at that. A different style, and I understand if you personally don't like it, but that's not a limiting of detail.
I'll agree overall, but there's still all the extra clues to collect, people to speak to, and various extras. It's somewhat a step down, but by no means a massive dealbreaker, and Max Payne 2 isn't saved just because it has the detailed level in the police station.
The stuff in Max Payne 3 adds more to the world, helps tell more of a story, adds more detail to the environment, and helps sell everything a lot more. The firearms detail is fun, it textures everything a lot more, and makes things feel more consistent
Tertieary qualities, I agree. But still important, and still a good thing to list. Max Payne 1 succeeds in showing a slightly surreal and mythic New York, draped in Nordic mythology and a blanket of snow, and if it had lacked that, the game would have been nowhere near as memorable or as well received. Max Payne 3 does the same with Brazil and it's neo-noir feel as a reflection of the main character, and that makes it much more enjoyable.
And you're not very good at such talk, because you suck ass at the game, and can't even competently defend your shittery.

So what's this, then? And the only interactive thing that felt had effort put into it was the glass shattering. You and him are right though, much less to interact with than prior games. Disregard that, I suck cocks.

I never said things like this do not exist. I was just saying that the world isn't as interactive and that even includes gunplay. For example you can interact with many of the appliances, switches, etc. in the older max payne games and you wouldn't just do this for shitzngiggles you would also interact with the world to find ammo/painkillers/cutscenes. There were a lot more environmental hazards and there were even platforming areas in the older max payne games as well.

I just returned mgsv today. The mechanics work well for the most part but the story and environment and missions are so dull and repetitive I couldn't finish it. The best part of mgsv was the FOB missions (look it up if you don't know)

When I shot a guy in max Payne 3 it was fun. It felt right and the animations were great IMO. Roll is useless its just to look cool, also the cover shooting mechanic works fine in game but devs need to figure out a more realistic approach. It's impossible to not get hit in most firefights so by the end of a part you have holes in you but act fine

Are you saying mp3 is worse than the division?

Kill yourself Summerfag.

Shit, shit, and complete shit.

who's this semen demon?

B-b-but muh Rockstar m-muh GTA!
MP2 a shit too but atleast it wasnt liquid diarrhea-tier

I'm back, 4th page is still good. Also with all this buzz about MP3 I figure the only way to see how I feel about it is to just play it myself. My question is, is there a Kung Fu Mod for it ala MP1 or no mods?

Holy shit, now I have to play this. And it's on PC too.

That's it? MP2 felt much shorter and fighting vlad didn't feel as satisfying as killing Horne. Meh.

If anyone has played Quantum Dream, how is that? I'm thinking of pirating it when it's released but I don't know if it's going to be worth downloading all uncompressed files.

TO SAVE OUR MOTHER EARTH FROM ANY ALIEN ATTACK

idk for all its faults it played quite well and the bullet holes models were pretty sexy