Monster Hunter General /mhg/

MHG DOWNLOADS

If you scan the last pic with a home-brewed 3ds with the latest version of FBI you can download and install the US version directly from Nintendo's Eshop servers.

EU CIA:

Part 1 mega.nz/#!cMZjmKyB!Ih4WLf_0JmEUyuvzEnssxZnVT8wT4TWi0a-DqH36UNo

Part 2 mega.nz/#!BNwEULQY!t0u9QPj1YTTo8ORMQxjEEWMHtOvnHTS46qz5s4HwwNg

US CIA:

mega.nz/#!QY0HSCyA!KbEN_nQAwVxFK06OF7j754faYzbvf3YSbGBwyW3DPaY

password:TheDoctorIsIn

EU AND US SHARE ONLINE SERVERS, STOP ASKING

Resources:

>Weapon tutorials and more: youtube.com/channel/UCT84SVapAfSSD_iMfpKbFbA/videos

>Information on item droprates, skills, monsters, etc: kiranico.com/en/mh4u

>MH Wiki: monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Monster_Hunter_Wiki

>MH4U Relic Chart: i.imgur.com/KJezI7p.png

>MH4U Relic Chart Detailed version: i.imgur.com/qwPzsnw.png

>MH4U Relic Spreadsheet: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-oyh86FG6V4-T5zegGIZuX0b-_tyy7_TIe8Wv8jkfZE/htmlview?pli=1&sle=true#gid=1520165799

>MH4U Moveset Charts: imgur.com/a/oPuKD

>How many times will I have to hunt in order to get _?: desiresensor.com/

>Ping's MH4G Dex: sites.google.com/site/pingsdex/pingsmh4gdex

>Athena's ASS for MH4G and MH4U: forums.minegarde.com/topic/7348-athenas-ass-for-mh4g-and-mh4u/

>Attack Stat Stack Chart: i.imgur.com/sSRW7q6.png

>Kinsect Flowchart: i.imgur.com/wD2OUug.png

>Kinsect Ingredients list: i.imgur.com/qf79jKs.png

>Arena Armor Recipes and Requirements : pastebin.com/kvLN7Fni

>Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/8chmohun

>Hunting Music: monhun.corgiorgy.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

geek.com/games/new-3ds-c-stick-can-be-replaced-with-a-psp-analog-stick-1648121/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

maestro
hunting horns
dont hit heads

did you even use the bone set in LR brah?

He is shitposting, you idiot.

no

yes

So i cleared 6* and HR2, do things like Kecha Wacha and Congalala show up again? I know Nerscylla isnt in MHG but i fucking hate Blagonga so much!

hr4 has a few monsters show up like kacha and seltas queen

HUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUE.

Hot damn I love felyne explorer. Get lost RNGesus.

fug.

It does if you use item sets

The fuck did i walk in on?

That's the only good MMOs can have, acting as containment sectors for garbage people.

NOT IF YOU PLAY BOTH!

I just wanted to hunt some Rathian, not get dunked on by a dick-tailed pterodactyl every other zone. I'm using dung bombs faster than I can gaddamn make them.

Just play online then

Why not just go break a wyvernn egg when it flees?

Is there anything I should bring for the first village glavenus fight? or is he as easy as the big three?

Not too difficult to handle, but adept CB shits on him and Hellblade version

Nerves of steel to handle a sudden and awful music video.

is the cockslut in it?

She's the star, as a matter of fact.

I'll be fine then. My dick will make it fine

What weapon are you using for the hunt to take 40 minutes?

maybe none adept bow without phials and doesnt know how to do the power shot combo?

An assortment of level 7 Petrified weapons (decent raw, green sharpness for miles).

Ironically, GS seemed to have the longest kill time. I'm still learning its timing though, so I'm chalking that up to inexperience. I went in with DB since that's where I'm most proficient and that brought the kill time under a half hour. Hammer and Swaxe took around 35 minutes, which surprised me because I've actually got a fair bit of experience using those.

You are probably just being way too underagressive, you should be able to get 20 or under on a single HR rathian with that level of weapon.

I can definitely see the fleeing more more, monsters really move around a lot more in MHG. Pretty set intervals though I can tell when a monster is going to flee because my cat will place a trap then the monster will run away from it as fast as he can.

first off, you're gonna need a better weapon to do that

I always laugh when they are driven by a compulsion to turn at attack the moment you use a mega potion so i stand on the other side of the trap and use it. Always satisfying to see that Rathalos eat shit and then i pop a triple shot II in his dumb red face.

Is it really worth it?

eh, not really? like if you are going for a weapon that has innate green sharpness, there's no reason not to get it. But it's only really worth it when it's green

Do you have any good attack skills? Try using this set.

hey you pretty thing what's the name of that manga with the inchlings

Tiny little lives in the woods niggs.
did you ask this in another thread already today?

Hakumei to mikochi.

I did but fell asleep because that was like 12 hours ago

thanks, I could bite your ear and kiss your neck and tell you you're pretty

also go read Dungeon Meshi, Letter Bee and somali and the forest spirit.

sure m8

I rarely have attack skills on my armor; I generally build for survivability. I may give this a try, though. I appreciate it.

I'm not eager to hunt more Bulldrome, but whatever. It dies pretty easy.

As a general rule of thumb you want attack oriented skills or you won't be able to finish certain hunts within the time limit.

Your first mistake.
Your second not being aggressive enough

Bruh you are gurren lagann not metal gear solid here. Get your biggest anime as fuck weapon and go give it a rectal prolapse. Defence is not key.

You won't need as much survivability if you kill stuff quicker.

Okay. Just did a couple more runs and it seriously is just the constant intrusion monsters that are fucking me up. I finally got one that didn't have a Gypceros hounding me the whole time and it brought my kill time down under 20 mins.

On 3DS, should I start with MHG or MH4U? I've only really played MHP3rd.

4U. its the mainline game. Has a story, better intro experience and far more variance in maps and fights early on.
MHG is good, but its a greatest hits designed for longterm fans nostalgia. Its got lots of frontend item farming, recycles the same few large monster fights mid game and a lot of the maps till high rank are very samey.

Its not an awful game but 4U is MGS3, MHG is MGR.

4U is pretty much better in every way aside from the endgame.

Yeah I'm enjoying the deviant monsters a whole lot more than relic farming and fighting LV140 Teostras.

yeah that's what aside from means.

Thanks anons, I'll start with 4 then.

Hey niggers, lets do some quests n' shit in Generations. I just wanna hunt stuff/do quests for money. So we can do whatever you guys want, as long as it's HR 4~6.

Room: 45-2089-0503-7647
Pass: 4477

How many ranks are in MHG? i'm solo'ing HR2 right now after clearing all the village stuff.

Ehhhh it's more like MGS3 to MGS5, G recycles a shit-load of stuff and strays you away from that it's half-baked with lots of filler

I'll be in there in a few minutes. Gathering quest and all that.

Guild goes to 7 aside from all the deviants which get to G-rank level.

MHX ULTIMATE SHIT TIER MONSTERS POWER TRIFECTA

Yeah the nibelsnarf was so fun to fight in 3 but he's so aggravating in MHX. I haven't fought the Deviant Rathian yet why is she such a pain?

REMOVE SPRING RAPTORS

REMOVE BLANGONGA

Sick of this unpolished, recycled gen 1 robot monster bullshit. If you're not even going to give them updated animations and moves why include them at all?

Do you like when Rathians are on the ground?
You would like PPP

apart from him never hitting shit how is he annoying?

Hes one of the few monsters with DS2 tier auto tracking.

un-charmable poison on all it's attacks that do about 100 damage just from poison if you get KD'd. It's a pain in the ass

At least those monsters are actual fights instead of a fucking hog spamming the same move for 5 minutes until it dies.

I mean Bulldrome. Fuck that thing.

Monster hunter 4U HR6-7 room looking to grind stygian zinogre and then raise hunter rank

15-8399-8218-1851
pass is 7654

Bulldromes okay as a dodge tutorial, but we took a step back by replacing low level fights like Nerscylla and Congalala with this like volvidrome and blagonga.

How is bulldrome a dodge tutorial it has no tells and a lot it's moves are just a giant hurtbox around it's entire body?

I wouldn't say that's a good comparison since that would mean Cross is the only one of the series worth playing

Got someone whining to me about how MHG is too easy based off the fact that his hunts are faster than 4U. Whilst minmaxing with bujabujabu.
Whilst he's still hunter rank 4.

What do you think it means when it turns to you, stomps a hoof and snorts?
you dodge that and then learn often it repeats this up to two times. This teaches you to not go on the offensive after dodge 1 and let your know you can probably push it in the direction of traps or something.

He only has to do that once, then he can just spam all his attacks without tells(at least in HR).
Not that it matters anyways because everything he has is piss easy to dodge and he dies very quickly

It's charge is the sole attack which it never does when you're up close and fighting it. It's only other attack pretty much where it shakes it's head and spins around just fucking starts it has no tells. If you aren't a gunner the Bulldrome is a shitty fight where you just smash it until it dies. There is a reason why it does such pitiful damage.

and for a G.jaggi tier monster thats fine, but i have seen a player using dash juice run a hard left horizontal to a blagonga like 40 feet away as he pulls his arm up and mid air hes down a solid 90 degree curve to hit them. Thats even more horseshit than a pink rath's poison tackle.

Yeah the Blagonga definitely does have some horseshit surrounding it. Same with all the other older monsters who came back with this game. They haven't been redone enough to adjust to the hitbox overhaul that came with 3. Also a bunch of attacks hit way higher in the air than they look like they should, this is probably because it wasn't properly planned out with being able to jump so fucking high in the air.

My net was shitting itself. I'll join again if I see you around later.

Perfectly calm.

Monster hunter UUUU round 2
03-1354-6892-1020
pass is 7654

The Narga is the best monster at avoiding traps. Especially the silverwind I've stood on the other side of a trap for like 5 minutes while it just hops over it over and over while shooting repukkans at me.

not found

I hope you never do Silver Narga Hunt VII

…and if it finally runs forward it tends to leap over the trap based on your position.

router reset seems to have done it
MH4U room
20-3539-9281-0791

thanks for hunting! we had a good couple of hunts.

Are you guys all done in 4U? I was just getting ready to hunt again

I could play 4U or Gen right now if anyone's around.

pass is 7654

Lol, Nintendo, holy shit.

All I got is MHX and MH3G and nobody around here plays MHX anymore.

We had an X room a thread or two ago and I still play X myself, but I'm getting ready to head out in a few, so can't play right now. Definitely put up a room sometime, or I might do so myself, and let's hunt sometime.

Did they ever figure out a way to spoof that online utility from the Wii U so you can play 3G's 3DS version without a Wii U?

I'd kick you on sight, faggot.
Just lay off to the side and play your faggy sounds, maybe hit the legs once in a while

Why not just take normal and the mats to make more?
Unless they changed it so they finally made a game where theres a reason to use mega beyond conning the player out of zenny?

There isn't anything changed, he was just retarded unlucky.

I put together a gathering set specifically so that I wouldn't need to take up space in my inventory with extra materials. It was just silly bad luck; first time I've had it go so bad.

If you're going to be taking up three slots in your pouch anyway, you might as well just bring materials to craft extra irons/megas.

Just get a gathering prowler.

eShop servers are totally, completely and irreparably compromised, you can download whatever you fucking please straight from Nintendo if you've got the appropriate apps. I use freeShop, myself, nabbed all the Ambassador GBA games from their download servers so I didn't have to look up custom cias for those games.

What the fuck are you doing?

MHGen round robin room
19-2715-9756-0297
pass:8888

I think I'm going to take a nap. Wake me up, when this game is not shit any longer.

I don't, which is why I put together a set that prevents my gathering tools from breaking in the first place.

To your point, though, when did machalite become so rare that people feel the need to scrimp on it? I'm sitting on more of that shit than I could ever possibly need; I don't really see any reason not to put it toward a marginally better pickaxe.

Blagonga.

Prowler quests.

Prey-mail.

Chicken decapitator/snake bite.

Yian kut-ku.

Motherfucking bullfango and blagonga and any aggressive lil shit monster.

MHX players, does any of the dlc take place at the tower with its music intact?

Why do I suck so much at this game?

Pubs in MHG are the worst I've seen in any of the games I've played online.
Fuck this gay earth.

not that I remember

Fuck.

I was bitching about that last thread, myself being a hammermang. It's fucking terrible, I think hunter arts have totally de-incentivised players to try and be strategic with their weapons and monster breaks.

Minmaxin' faggots' excuses were along the lines of SnS being objectively better than hammer for stun/exhaust, but rarely have I found a situation where a SnS user is anywhere near as reliable on head bashing as hammerboys are.

I feel like I'm soloing these fucking things sometimes. At one point do players become proficient at the videogame?

Look pubbies can't be used as a judge for shit.
If we went by that standard the IG was the worst weapon in 4U

Randoms love listening to what community heads like gaijinhunter say and take it as gospel.

Hey I ain't blaming the weapons. Insect Glave is a fine weapon, it just so happened that 90% of IG were absolute cancer. A new weapon could make an old weapon outright obsolete for all I care, but if 90% of the weapon's player base doesn't know what the fuck they're doing then the objective advantage argument flies right out the window.

This is the cusp of it really. when statfags come out and say if you don't use this or that playstyle then you're not being (((efficient))), the game turns into a shitstorm of everyone tripping everyone else trying to get in that sweet, sweet DPS.

I don't care if it's efficient. Monster hunter isn't about efficiency. It's cancer and will always be cancer

This is why I play almost exclusively singleplayer. I think I've actually gotten online and hunted with humans about a dozen times total between MHX and MH4U, and all of those times have been with people in these threads who posted rooms.

Everything is so much nicer when you remove the social aspect of it. People are shit. Video games are not.

Monster hunter is about efficiency when you're grinding monsters for parts. Having someone do more damage/stun/exhaust adds up massively in terms of time saved over alternatives.
Saying "well I like it better" is fine, but saying "oh the game isn't about efficiency" is just trying to pass the buck when your weapon is worse.

That kind of attitude is what leads to nothing but soulless no-fun hame runs.

It also leads to cutting out hours in farming the same monster. So I'll take it.

stop playing with fags

So I'm looking for a good crit draw innate set
should I go straight for Segerios or is thre a better set for my GS?

The Black S set has that and focus.

is the nakarkos a cunt to fight? havent got him yet

if you want a full set.
Black S.
There's better if you want to clownsuit though

nothanks I'll try my luck with charms than do that shit

It's a snooze fest for the most part.

fuck no he's the easy as piss.
The most dangerous move he has is you forgetting your fighting him and going to get a drink for 10 minutes and timing out.

sage for double post

is it one of those giant fights like dalamadur?

Yes, but worse

Should I get damage items with the Gunlance? I'm doing village 5* quests with Ceanataur armor for the extra sharpness, but everything takes too long to kill.

It's not even really giant. It's like a shitty yamatsukami whose unique status is better off ignored.

If it's any kind of [x]drome that you're fighting, then you probably don't suck as bad as you think. It's just the Dromes being irritatingly twitchy to fight.

Really nice discord we've got here uhn?(sweetbeats is the fucking admin)
Fuck this shit

Anything with consistent username/identities is bound to be shit

There's your problem.

hahah
you had a lot of fun ERPing didnt you?
whether it was serious or not you actually spend over 10 minutes engaging in monster hunter ERP

im coming to the realization that is the problem

ERPing? Uhn?
Are you crazy dude, first you say you want 4chan in your discord and then you want us to erp? Fuck off, what are you even doing in this board?

I use discord for 8/k/ room and talking with friends to get groups up and going. It's good for that

the monhun discord was nice for a week
now theres two cancerous level shitposters
now ive purged them, so prepare for in thread butthurt

sorry in advance

Oh boy, just like in the discord!

Please man, seriously, cut this shit out and go back to reddit or tumblr or whatever. Don't pollute this place more than you already have.

There's actually a group on /erp/ for Monster Hunter

>we [INSERT X THING] now
please stop shitting up the thread

well its not the thread's discord
maybe those two will find happiness there

So, I need to do this HR4 quest where you kill 50 Bnahabra and I need to do the 15 Altaroth subquest for that as well. After that I'll just be doing some gathering in HR places as a Palico.
So, if anyone wants to hop in to do some bug hunting and gathering, feel free to drop in

Room: 08-8090-5726-2725
Pass: 4444

Gunlance is fucking awful in this game, compared to how it was in 4U. I'm pretty salty about it still honestly, as much as I loved Gunlance in 3U and 4U.

I don't actually know what Discord is, but like I said, anything with usernames and consistent identities is probably cancer

It's only as bad as the people in it.

Was its damage nerfed that hard?

Discord's more or less a Skype replacement, use it for voice-chat and as a chatroom. Can hop into a server without an account (and in your browser no less) provided you've got the link and it generally works quite well.

Can back up what says, a Discord room's only as shitty as the people that inhabit it. Mega Man 8-Bit Deathmatch threads' Discord is only really used for general chatter and setting up games or calling for the other mental defectives that inhabit it to join a game.

it's wasn't necessarily that bad of a nerf, but it was only nerfed because they decided to fuck with it in the first place with that shitty heat gauge, so people wouldn't just shell 24/7 with the GL, which was one of the most fun things about it. In 4U, using the Seltas Z set, getting in Part Breaker, Artillery God, and Load up was just fucking amazing. I had one or two other skills on it as well, but I can't recall them off the top of my head. Gunlance didn't need to be changed, but they did it anyway. I'm still mad as hell about it. I'm afraid it's gonna be the go-to for Gunlance in future monhun games now though.

Oh right, that gauge is why I haven't even touched it in this game and I had some pretty good sets in 3U and 4U. I think the only positive change to weapons is the oil thing SnS got and let's hope that the gauge shit stays out of the main series.

Why do they constantly nerf some of the most underpowered weapons, especially while buffing good weapons to ridiculous levels? SnS is absurd in this game, CB and IG are still great, SA has become even better than it already was. Meanwhile, GL and HH get nerfed despite both being outperformed by most other weapons. I could understand not buffing them, as they both have their own special niches so they're still useful even if they aren't as "good" at the other weapons. But nerfing them is just pointless, all it does is piss off hunters who like them and detract from the total performance of any group with a member who mains them. At least Blast Dash gives GL a bit of much needed mobility, but it isn't much compared to some of the arts other weapons get.

>anything with usernames and consistent identities is probably cancer
You're right. No matter what site, identities bring out namefags, and namefags bring out cliques, attention whoring, and drama. I'm just glad that 8ch in general tends to ignore namefag drama, and has such a low number of namefags and tripfags.

Heat gauge feels like a missed opportunity. They could have made it a trade off, making low heat and high heat into a tactical decision instead of doing what they did. Maybe make yellow heat perform how it did before, give high heat a boost to poking damage at the cost of increased sharpness loss, and give low heat a boost to shelling damage and/or range at the cost of some poke damage. That way, you could do well at any heat level, each one having its own trade offs, allowing a bit more freedom.

Shit, I meant orange heat.

Obsession about efficiency leads to the most unfun tryhard azn style speedrunning hunting groups and strips the game of it's personality over time, leaving nothing but a semi-mmorpg raiding guild type of mentality.

Having standards on doing shit propely is fine, but becoming obsessed about doing shit quickly and efficiently will effectively pidgeon you with the most annoying tryhards.
And over time, if you play with a regular hunting group, unles they -all- share your same mindset, you're gonna start to be known as "that guy" and people won't invite you to hunts anymore unless they need to get shit done quickly and essentially only use you as an instrument when they want to save time.

Again, nothing wrong with getting shit done, but obsessing over it leads to a pretty shitty path.

And everything this user said to a T.

You think that's bad, at least you can still find a few armor sets with your skills on it. GS users have almost no fucking options for Fast Charge sets because the game hates it. I think it's why nobody uses GS anymore.

It's a grind and it sucks.

Also >implying grinding doesn't exist in MH.

It's not really obsessing when someone goes "oh Hammer is worse than SnS for stun" and the reply is that because crappy pubs can't do it, it's impossible?

This nigga knows what's up. Solo is the best way to play.

that's a nigger.

Yeah, that's a grind, but it's about the only real grind I've seen in gen, and that's only because of the utterly retarded artificial ticket system. I've never really had to grind for normal monster parts in this game or the last iterations, because the parts come your way if you just play the video game.

also,

I never said it was impossible because crappy pubs are crappy, nor do I believe that it's impossible. I'm just trying to say that, ultimately, the raw stats are unimportant because there's so much more to it. As far as the general pubby population is concerned, Any time I play with other hammerers, I can see (and reliably expect) them to stun, exhaust and break the head. Very rarely do I see SnS doing any of that.

I was grinding Crystalbeard not 15 minutes ago, and a pair of hammerers were absolutely shitting all over them, stunning and breaking all day. So when minmax fags and autistic youtube celebs supply the numbers and say, "Look at the difference, this shows this other weapon is now no longer viable," I'm gonna call bullshit because they don't understand what Monster Hunter is about, because Monster Hunter was never about the numbers. If it was, it'd look like any other gookclick MMO.

It's always been about placement, movement strategy, player prioritization and so on. And on average, from my perspective at least, a hammerbro will always prioritize the head (doggedly so) more than a SnS.

It's not about the numbers, it's about player performance. If it wasn't, I wouldn't be playing it.

So what makes Aerial SA so overpowered? It doesn't look like much.

When you vault off a monster with aerial SA, you get (for some reason) a free hit while in sword mode, which you can follow up with a regular hit. So, more damage than other weapons in the same style.

You're abosolutely right about player performance. I don't really give a shit what people play. I just stated the facts in the last thread. SnS is better for stunning than hammer. I'm sure most people playing Striker SnS are dipshits that don't use it properly.
That doesn't mean you can't play hammer well anymore, it just means SnS does its job better and can cut tails.

Yeah, you're just flat worse at it than a SnS at the same skill level.

I've funnily enough never encountered what I'd call a good hammerer, mostly they just dick around and do the level 3 spin into his legs and refuse to break parts.
General pubs are garbage no matter the weapon.

God forbid you have an HH pug, I've seen them not play a song the entire hunt.

I should expand on this.

Play whatever weapon you want and can have fun with. Hell I use the HH and that got nerfed into the ground.
I'm just saying the SnS is stupidly OP this iteration, and does basically what CB did to the hammer in 4U. Yes it's still a viable weapon, but it's pretty much just a worse SnS because of how buffed it got.

Sure, all I'm saying is the stat differential is not indicative of the quality of one weapon against another, it's all about how people play. If it was, then I probably wouldn't be playing it.

Ah it'll be alright, just tell them not to hit the head.

I'm lucky if they play a song much less don't triple cart.

That's where I'm disagreeing with you, yeah player ability is way more important than stats, but saying that it's not indicative of quality is wrong.

But it is indicative. Math doesn't lie. If every SnS user were pure garbage SnS would still be better because the numbers say so. Doesn't mean I want every hammer user to switch to SnS. Just keep playing what you like.

Sorry, I understand that the math is correct and that one is better than the other in that regard. If the math was the deciding factor or most important element , then I would agree with you. The thing is that it's not. Which is why I hold my ground when I say that rarely are the stats indicative of weapon quality.

So you're just saying "well I feel a certain way and I'm right in spite of everything saying otherwise"
In any given situation where people are equally skilled the weapon with better stats is going to win, there's nothing you can say that's going to magic your way out of that.

Except that my point is backed up just fine by evidence. I've said it many times in this thread.

And I would agree with you, if there was ever going to be a situation where both players are equally skilled, getting the same amount of hits on the monster, using the same tactics as eachother, carting the same amount of times, and a million other factors evening out in order for the math to statically decide the victor.

Too bad Monster Hunter isn't a static game, and too bad none of that shit is ever going to happen, which is why that point is moot.

I'm not magicing my way out of anything. I'm just looking at all the factors in play.

I remember always loving the look at that Khezu set but the skills were always trash.

Except you have no evidence period. You're just saying because you see more players be bad with certain weapons that those weapons are somehow less good because the people using them are shit. That's like saying someone missed with a rifle so all rifles are useless.
You're managing to look at exactly 0 factors involved in if a weapon is better than the other and instead looking at if a player is better than another.
The SnS at highest level will always be better than the hammer. Just because you play with pubs and see shit SnS users doesn't somehow make the hammer better.

That's also wrong too, if a damn HBG is using the same strats as a Bow there's gonna be issues no matter how skilled the players are.

Actually, some weapons really fucking suck against certain monsters. Even if you had the highest possible damage output for every weapon and had them all go against a monster, some would do significantly better. For example, an SnS would never be able to kill Amatsu faster than a bow or gun.

In that case it's a bit different because the weapons are so fundamentally different.
The SnS and the Hammer both fill the exact same niche in Generation, and one just does it better.

Exactly what is this same niche?

Hammer is just flat worse at stunning, and damage than SnS this gen.
Basically you know how CB was in 4U where it basically invalidated the hammer? Same thing but now it's SnS being "hammer but better"

So you mean highest DPS weapon played solo?

pull that trigger

How the fuck does it hinder the ability to shell 24/7? More over, I'd say that it even encourages shelling.

You, you and you, all of you might consider suicide because you are too retarded. Why? Because

Oh like all your solid evidence of citing theoretical/impossible situations where all the odds are balanced so the math is the objective decider? I observed that the situations from hunt to hunt changed, so one weapon performed better than another. This is UNIVERSAL in MH. It shows that the math isn't everything.
You're just saying because you see more players be bad with certain weapons that those weapons are somehow less good because the people using them are shit.

You are positively retarded. Where in any of my posts did I say a weapon is less good because the player sucks? The weapons aren't at fault at all. That's literally my whole point.

That's like saying someone missed with a rifle so all rifles are useless.

If that's what I was saying, then sure.

You're managing to look at exactly 0 factors involved in if a weapon is better than the other and instead looking at if a player is better than another.

Read my posts again and come back to me.

The SnS at highest level will always be better than the hammer. Just because you play with pubs and see shit SnS users doesn't somehow make the hammer better.

Never said that or even implied that, friendo.

So you're saying that different weapons perform differently under different conditions, which makes the math all that less important? Because that's how it works for all the weapons.

You're getting all butthurt and making assumptions and generalizing what I've said. Maybe try again later or something.

That makes no sense you mong. Hammer and SnS fill the exact same role. One is flat better at it.
Somehow in your mind this means it's not better because… you feel like it isn't.

Even if hammer is worse, it ultimately comes down to the player and how gud they are. That in itself makes up for the damage gap (not accounting for how the monster decides to behave in a quest), just as it would if the situation were reversed.

You're irredeemably retarded. I've made my point, step by step. You're the one conjuring up hypotheticals to prove your point because you feel like it.

Woops, meant for

Except you're not talking about the weapon but the player at that point.

Weapon and player are not mutually exclusive. The performance of a weapon is not tied directly to numbers, but player ability.

Yes they are mutually exclusive in the case of saying which weapon is better.

The weapon magically doesn't become worse because the player can't use it.

Holy fuck, I'm not saying that a weapon is shit because a player is shit.

The objective math will ALWAYS be secondary to to the primary subjective performance of the player.

It's why you see shit hammerers. It's why I see shit SnS. And it's why the straight math doesn't decide.

I'm not saying the math is the only deciding factor, I'm saying that it is a factor at all where you deny that it has any influence.

Not trying to imply that either. I understand that is has influence. But player ability has more influence, and is ultimately what's important. People use math to justify whether a weapon is worse than another, whereas I am saying that's not the case at all. Any weapon can perform really well or really poorly, because it comes down to player ability.

The numbers are important to know, but what they prove about one weapon's usefulness over another is a different story. The players matter more.

Yeah the players matter more for clear times.
Pure weapon wise the player doesn't matter at all.
The GS will always be shit at stunning compared to the hammer.
The Hammer will always be worse at stunning compared to the SnS.

The player doesn't matter in terms of pure potential.

Calm your tits you're both going in circles at this point.

I agree. It's just when pure potential is applied to real-world situations is where things become muddled and fluctuate, which is what frustrates me about people dissuading other people about the weapon stats.

nigga it's important to us, let us have it

Except in this case there are too many variables to account for, so we can go to pure potential as a fallback. At the highest level of play SnS will beat hammer users 100% of the time.

Some asshole may be stupendous with the SnS and completely blow hammers out of the water.
Another SnS user may triple cart to Bonesnail.

There's too much variation to account for when talking on the whole, so you have to discard as many variables as possible when talking about weapons.

So assuming the player is an unknown, we can discard that because who knows he may be shit with all blademaster weapons except DS.

So for the purpose of a general statement, the SnS is better than the hammer.

I agree with all of that, always did. But as a player plays more and learns more about monster behavior, environmental conditions and other factors that were unknown at one time, they might find it advantageous to use hammer over SnS, or the other way around.

So while it might be said as a general statement that SnS is better than hammer, I would say that as a player becomes more articulate with the game, that could be subject to change.

If a player becomes more articulate with the game they will outperform with the better weapon. Doesn't mean they have to use that weapon.

Hardly true. Players will choose weapons according to playstyle and what they believe suits the situation. If that was true, we'd see a homogenization of play. Weapon performance is subject to change because of the player and because of the environment.

Which we fucking do see. In every fucking iteration of monster hunter. Do you even fucking play online?

I do. And I see a lot of players doing what they want to do, with what they're confident in using in certain situations. I don't see SnS users outperforming hammers. Maybe you do, but guess what? That just proves my point. Because PLAYERS DO WHAT THE FUCK THEY WANT TO DO. It RARELY has to do with minmaxing and what *should* be done to complete the quest.

Your whole argument is based on the rational that players will gravitate to what's good because it's good, when we know that players gravitate to what they believe is most reliable. And that is almost ALWAYS based on personal taste and playstyle.

And guess what? They're still going to be highly successful players. Because that's what the game ENCOURAGES.

This whole argument is retarded because you believe in an objective truth while I think that the truth is a matter of case-by-case (which it is, because humans are not robots and operate case-by-case).

There's nothing more to add. You are welcome to go off and minmax all you like if that's how you derive your fun. But that doesn't make it better than how other players chose to play.

No it's not. My whole argument is that SnS is better than hammer at stunning. It isn't even an argument, it's a fact. I've said multiple times I don't give a fuck what people play.

It's objectively better at stunning. There is no arguing this.

This isn't even an argument. It's some kind of bizarre angry agreement or something.

You're fighting against numbers, man. What the other user is saying is correct. Statistically speaking, SnS is better for stunning than Hammer in Gen.

What this whole spat seems to come down to is theory-crafting versus experience. In theory, based purely on stats, SnS is objectively better for stunning. In practice though, I definitely feel more optimistic when I see a Hammerbro walk into the room. I've yet to encounter even one SnS who knows what the fuck he's doing. I think Hammer generally ends up being more effective in practice because there are simply more people who know how to use it for stun than there are competent stun-SnS users.

I think we're all agreeing with each other. I think.

What is best weapon and why is it Blastblight SnS?

Yeah, this is what's happening. It doesn't really matter tbh. It's just videogames.

SnS has never been shit. I don't think it will ever not be an amazing weapon. You're also forgetting the best part of SnS

Using items while sheathing really helps when using flash bombs against certain monsters. Sometimes the monster will already be on the ground before you throw it but not with SnS.

It's never been shit, but it's never been this good.

Bearly manage to kill it.

In addition, both hits count towards mounting, so you get two chances to mount per vault instead of just one.

Got any other Pirate QR codes for other 3ds games?

I'm that user who was bitching about slow kill times on solo HR Rathian hunts a couple days ago. You really don't understand how bullshit Rathian's wind pressure is until you gem out of it. Literally cut my kill time in half.

Tremor Res is very strong against a few things too. Making sets to take out specific monsters is what a lot of people end up doing. If you want to show Rathalos a good dicking with most weapons just do Earplugs and Windproof.

wew, it's been a while since I've been here. Months actually.
Gonna get generations and start playing Friday. How is everyone enjoying it?
Lack of G-rank aside, is the game still decently challenging? Did they give monsters some buffs to compensate for all this new hunter art and style shit?
Also, there a good heavy bowgun set for low rank? I never gunned in 4U but after playing the demo I kinda wanna try it now. I'll say though that it seems bushido's ability to bushido dodge right out of siege mode seems pretty broken considering the thing with siege is you being a sitting duck. I mean sure with guild you get 2 arts that lets you do load gunpowder AND acceleration shower but being able to dodge out of siege seems 2good.

I gravitated towards SnS without realizing how ridiculous it was and almost feel bad about using it now.

I've been playing through the guild quests with a friend who plays mostly chargeblade and it's ludicrous how much stun damage gets thrown around.

village low rank is fucking FULL of farming quests. like 3* is like 6 big monsters and a fuck ton of 'get 10 mushroom' quests
aside from that its fun
BUT FUCK BLAGONGAS AUTO TRACKING BULLSHIT.

There's too many gathering quests and hyper monsters are really fucking stupid damage sponges. Arts and styles are alright, but aerial breaks the game online and you'll probably find yourself using adept exclusively when soloing.

Overall, it's another MH game in its core. Big improvements on the upgrading system though. Just shoved the arts a little to deep down the throat.

I've been playing generations and 4U side by side and gen's monster definitely take more time to kill when you don't cheese styles. They don't deal as much damage though.
The main gripe I have with gen is the equipment upgrading. Every damage value is on the same scale (around 100 with increments of 10), be it hammer or sns. You very quickly hit upgrade walls, and changing a weapon type downgrades it, so it's better to keep upgrading the basic weapons. It's pretty unrewarding. Also there seems to be rebalancing issues, from what I've read.
These gripes aside, it's still monhun, the felynes feel much better than in 4U to me, the styles are cheap but fun, and the fanservice is alright.

Wind pressure is really easy to get around in 4th gen my friend - both Gen and 4U. Most weapons have access to knockback protection through their attack combos. Specific moves and combos will make you immune to wind pressure.

Lance, Hammer, and Gunlance are the most poorly equipped with knockback protection, but Lance is by far the most vulnerable.

What weapon were you playing? Once you understand knockback protection you'll realize that Wind Res is a total waste of skill points.

You know how a GS can charge and you won't stagger or trip him with your own attacks but you can still fling him or explode him? That's what knockback protection is and you should do your best to observe which attacks provide it in your style/weapon of choice.

LR in this game is easier than ever before. Bushido on guns is really stupid - bowguns get a temporary 10% damage increase every time they successfully bushi dodge. That's totally enormous and almost insulting to Guild style when perfectly i-framing an attack rewards you with nothing.

When Bows successfully bushi dodge they can hold R and immediately start with an L3 charge which is already halfway to an L4. Bushido gunners lose a single HA and really nothing else of value, gain huge survivability, and gain significant damage output.

Well shit, guess I'll just trudge through low rank to get to fun. Nice to know monsters aren't complete sissies now, though.
Might still play guild even if bushido is objectively better for gunners, but I gotta ask, how much of a bonus is load gunpowder? It seems to charge up really quickly so I imagine you'll have gunpowder bullets throughout the hunt. But acceleration shower seems way too good to pass up.

They are though

Whatever you have been playing these past couple hours, it sure as shit ain't MHX/Gen.

MH4U room
19-1299-2717-2112
pass is 7654

I like the non-specific material upgrades and how I don't have to commit to a single upgrade path. I find that flexibility to be really nice in my opinion.

So I want to find a Worn C. Blade in Gen to make the Teostra CB. Does the charmer skill affects shards?

I main DB (same as in 3U and 4U). It seems that Demon Mode can get around wind pressure most of the time, but when Rathian roars and enters her enraged state she pretty much always immediately takes off. The roar cancels Demon Mode, I get staggered two or three times consecutively by the wind pressure. This accounts for how Rathian gets like 80% of the hits she manages to land on me.

Hearing protection would mitigate the issue just as well, but I'm in a better position to go for wind resistance at the moment.

It's a massive shitfest of a zenny sink and the non-specific mats is just something they tacked on in addition to the other requirements instead of allowing to dump large quantities of cheap stuff in lieu of a ruby for example.

By literally removing the ability to shell because you shelled too much.

That's because they're showing you the raw damage instead of fake numbers. I didn't like this at first because it made the weapons look weak but once I started learning about raw and damage calculation I started to appreciate this feature more.

MHGen round robin room

33-5480-6900-5503
pass:8888

So my friend didn't buy MHG saying he couldn't afford it and needed to save money. However he then bought No Man's Sky at launch after me and everyone else told him it would be shit. How much of a faggot is he?

He goes beyond faggotry. Faggots may have literal shit taste, but at least gay sex has some content.

You often end up in situations where you have a perfect chance to use wyvern's fire, but can't because it will lock you in orange. Or, times where you don't have a good opening for it, but might feel pressured to use it because you're close to overheating. It makes the weapon much more complicated, without really adding much benefit for the additional complexity.

Don't concern yourself with your faggot friend getting nu male's buy. Just play monhun with a smug smile on your face, knowing that other people are paying for shit games.

MHGen
I need a S. Queen Extract.
Cap preferred but if we end up killing it no big deal.

12-3781-7521-3640

I don't even know.

Killing him was merciful, user. He suffered from terminal heart burn.

What do?

Doing HR5 key quests, so HR5 niggers get in here so we can all rank up together. I'll be using my new and improved Kelbi Capture set, so bring those tranq bombs and traps.

Room: 24-4341-4841-2652
Pass: 2222

His head and mouth are massive weak spots. You can jump on his head from the top and deal damage/place bombs, or hit his mouth/face with a weapon down below.

Is that so ? I can't say I know anything about damage calculation, but how does having the same damage amounts across weapons make sense ? Some are weak per hit, some are strong per hit. Surely damage values should reflect that ?

You can get a carve or 2 off of his head as well right?

I don't know if you can while he's alive. If so I've never done it.

The damage number I think is calculated solely using the weapon's attack and any buffs you have from armour, skills, food, or items. The actual damage of each attack then has a bunch of other factors. Sharpness, the spot you hit on the monster, if you hit a critical or not and finally the motion value. The motion value is essentially the longer a move takes to perform the more damage the move does. It is what balances the weapons for speed. If you think it is weird that a big slow great sword has as much damage as the fast sword and shield this is why. The great sword has way higher motion values and therefore more damage per attack. this could also all be wrong I'm speaking from MH4U and haven't really looked into how gen does it.

You're pretty much right for the most part. In previous games weapons had attack multipliers that were pretty much just cosmetic. MHX/MHG removed those.

Yeah I know that much just by looking at the equipment I assumed they got rid of that bullshit and just show actual values now. Instead of all that this weapon divides by this number bullshit.

the grinder skill supposedly gives you a big sharpness boost when using a whetstone, but how big is that? does it run out faster that way?

You don't lose sharpness for 1 minute or something like that IIRC.

that doesn't sound that great at all

Yeah we're so rare that LS, GS, and DB are all confused and constantly knock me over so they can hit the head.

Don't you get an attack boost as well?

Is hunting horn popular this gen? What with the buffs it seems almost too good.

user I'm so sorry.

Didn't it get that double note system shit?

Yeah but KO was nerfed hard and their hunter arts suck. It's still good in groups but not as appealing as you'd think.

My first 100 hours were playing HH after playing it for 600 in 4U just got bored of it. Don't know why but I just didn't like it as much as 4U.

God fucking damn it.
Ah well I'll still play it solo because fun.

It's still a fine weapon for solo and groups but the double note system wasn't a fair trade for the KO nerf.

How does it feel to pull stuff out of your fucking ass?

???

Eh, if you ask me gunlance didn't get nerfed, it just got more technical for a pretty small bonus if you play it very well. Yellow is -20% damage, orange is neutral, and red is just a 5% boost. They should've either made red a bigger boost or decrease the attack nerf that yellow gives you.

Where do you keep finding stuff like that, its -10%.
Sure, that may be the case if you imply standard long gunlance gameplay. But it's fucking MHX - at least 4 times more playstyles without counting HA combinations, just like come up with a way to make that heat gauge mechanic irrelevant, simple as that.

Damn, thought it was -20%. Thanks for the correction.

It's useful if you've got a weapon with only an extremely small sliver of good sharpness, because you can draw it out for a lot longer. It's not very good outside of that niche, and there are much better skills you can get much easier. In my opinion, time you'd most likely be using it is late low rank/early high rank, when you begin getting weapons with just a tiny bit of blue. Later into high rank, when you begin getting white, you'd probably have handicraft and/or sharpness sets, which are each generally more useful than grinder.

Playing hunting horn in solo is very difficult, you should expect to time out often. Because you aren't allowed to attack the monster's weakpoints, and preferably should avoid attacking the monster at all, you're going to need to rely on your cats to do the majority, if not all, of the damage for you. Good luck on your hunts, just remember that hunting horn is for legs only!

There are a few reasons I chose to ignore that part. I dislike arts even at their best. Having to need one just to reliably meet the damage output GL had in 4U, while also losing out on wyvern fire, is a bad trade off in my opinion. I'd also rather focus on the weapon's play-style without them, as it provides an easier baseline to compare them to previous games, and some fundamentally change how a weapon is played. For example, with the right art a Switch Axe never switches, and is never an axe. Finally, when I'm actually going to be using arts on a GL, I much prefer to use Blast Dash and one of the Absolute evades to help make up for GL's terrible mobility.>Ah well I'll still play it solo because fun.

What are you doing?
Like what the fuck?
Just stop.

I'll give you a small hint on what I'm trying to say here, what if,
what if the guild style is not the way to go with gunlance?
What if everything you knew up until this day is a lie now since everything got switched around hard?

Also

Comparing Gen's GL to 4U's. Because we're discussing whether it was "nerfed" or not compared to 4U's. That is the entire point of what I am talking about.
As I said, I had many reasons for choosing not to bring that up. If you would like to argue about any of them specifically, go ahead and bring up your counterpoints.

And yes, I am aware everything is different now. The point I am trying to make is that the heat gauge does nothing to help gunlance, and only makes it worse. A hunter must work around it, while it gives them no real benefit - aside from a rather tiny damage boost, which I don't have exact numbers on but have heard is somewhere between 2% and 5%.

That's an odd way to say "most fun".

So I just dled 4U, been playing through the tutorials. Should I bother downloading any/all of the dlc? Also is there a link somewhere with basic advice for the game? My friends want me to play with them and I don't want to be dead weight.

The DLC is all free, so there's no reason not to. Best advice I can give is to just play through at least the entirety of the Village campaigns so you're not dead weight.

Some gears and armor are dlc only so there's that

Why is the seregios GS so fucking good?

All seregios gears are fun, thats a given

Boost frequency of shelling bursts from 2 to around 5 times which is not affected by the heat gauge in any way. In addition to that
adds 10 raw and 10 fire damage to each shell, which I remind, ignore hitzones.
Boosts movement ability in addition it has an insane mount value.
Basically the old gunLANCE style which lacks the burst moves for the sake of HAs that you need to take in account to use this properly.

And guild is fucking worthless now.

Heat gauge forces you to shell which is the fucking point of gunlance and if you do only shelling it doesn't affect you at all. And it only punishes you at the start of the quest, only retard can't hold the gauge at least at orange at all times, so the drawbacks are blown way out of proportion.
It's pretty much as long as lvl 3 gs charge which there are plenty of openings for and you deal so much damage with it that you get a guaranteed flinch which will defend you from all damage and on top of that you can change direction of it mid charge and the hitzone is so fuckhuge that you don't have to aim it at all.

The double note system is useless after the first minute of the hunt.
Oh you got all your buffs up, it's worthless now.

Countless times have I gambled on a WF flinch and eaten shit in return.
fucking no-g-rank-bullshit denying me artillery god makes me cry

Crit +3
Evasiom +2
Maestro

This is a nice set, i wish I was able to make a crit sharpness +2 and enough for mabe crit up but nope

Muh useless double note
Muh not hitting the head
Muh stand off to the side and dont hit monsters

Get out of here idiot

What? How is double note good?
Also christ let the dumb meme die, it's been 3 weeks and at this point you just seem mad more than anything.

🦂

Except one's always a repeat, so it's not as good as it sounds. If you do it to a heal it just triggers the "healing song" catch where it'll heal less. If you do it to a buff it's not useful out of the first time you apply the buff.
It really seems like to me you just don't play the game and instead just spout memes.
Like your whole nonsense about GL, you seem near obsessed with people saying the HH isn't good for stuns or whatever that came from.

The last 3 generals have been like a 60% solid bitching and fighting among autists.
Can't you just stick to playing the fucking game and posting rooms?

Nope
I havent even played monster hunter before according to that guy

Do you have lvl 4 shells?
Do you eat for bombardier?
Do you deal so much hits that you end up hitting every part indiscriminately?
Do you have load up?

Oh well, I'll always need more elder dragon blood.

Just mount him 3 times

Holy shit, mfw

Does your weapon have a straight edge?

Are these fair rewards for a custom quest involving all of the five endgame monsters? Is it way too generous and plentiful?

That is a stupid amount of rewards, my man.

You're fighting all 5 endgame monsters with a single trip's worth of supplies. It would be an insane challenge to do it a time limit, I'd say rewards should be pretty damn large considering how many times it would likely fail.

Well I increased the time limit to 90 minutes to compensate so I hope that works out.

I expect it to be a real challenge so that's why I put a bunch of stuff there. I wonder if I can make them all Hyper too

Add a subquest for "slay 3 monsters" so if they make it partway they can get some resupply a bit.

I have no opinion on the rewards themselves, since that's the kind of quest I would look at once and go, "nah, never," and never touch.

Tbh fam you make it sound like if they're doing this quest the hunter in question should already have all these materials in abundance.

I think a better question would be who the fuck would want to do this?

Look as long as you don't hit the head or any other parts besides the legs with HH I'm fine, really.

It's hard enough to do that as a hunter, but now I gotta do it as a fucking cat? For fucks sake, I did it twice and the damn thing died before I could break it, I get nothing but more cat space after this, does it unlock anything else or is it just filler?

Just get a strong blunt weapon and just spam jump attacks. Should take 6-7 minutes, quicker if it's blast status. Or you could bomb the fuck out of it.

MH4U will never ever be free of this menace

Have you guys ever used Mushromancer before? It seems like a really cool skill since it allows you to sort of use ten max potions and ancient potions but I'm not sure what to put it on. I'm guessing SnS would be good to use it with.

It's not that it's bad, but you're better off trying to get more damage boosting skills unless you're only good charm is mushroomancer. You shouldn't NEED 10 Max/Ancient pots.

Never before have I been so disappointed by a elder dragons equipment. All of his weapons seem like shit.

Well I was able to put it on a blast set and I couldn't fit anything else so whatever.

The second form isn't bad if your group has a lot of elemental damage.

His GS isn't completely horrible?

I can imagine it being useful with Crit Draw and Bludgeon.

B-b-but…
I like going guild and not using arts, for most weapons. I consider that to usually be more fun, and that's the frame of reference I use when I'm talking about this stuff. So, yeah, with aerial and adept, and arts, gunlance is buffed. In the way I prefer to play it, it's not as good. I'll admit that much. Why won't you guys let me sperg out and purposely gimp myself, then complain that my damage output is too low? It's as if you expect me to try having fun. Also, aerial gunlance + blast dash is so fucking fun, it's insane. It turns one of the least mobile weapons in the game into one of, if not the, most mobile weapons.

Finally a job for hunting horns

yeah it's what 260 -25% innate green?
So it's a prime candidate for that.
Downside, you have to kill the Bonesnail more than once.

So I went to a Monster Hunter meetup capcom held in Toronto a week ago. I saw some guy had what looked like a PSP nub in place of his N3DS nub. Anyone know where I can get this thing?

apparently pretty easy to do, the article says you just use a screwdriver to pop off the cstick and replace it with psp nub from the psp-1000

apparently it's pretty easy to do
geek.com/games/new-3ds-c-stick-can-be-replaced-with-a-psp-analog-stick-1648121/

Can you buy loose PSP-1000 nubs?

You might be able to find some on some auction site. If you can't, the cheapest option would likely be to buy a broken one being sold "for parts". Look around for them online, you might get lucky.

Found them on amazon a pack of 3 for 5$.

MHG Blog Randoms are ghey
We are all doomed edition:

>HH on head NO. STOP IT. NAOW.

I made the deviant gunner set just because of the sharpening your bow/bowgun gimmick. It's mediocre at best but it's still better than those clown suiters with no armor skills.

The fuck does it take to break a Rajang tail in MHX/Gen? I never had this much trouble in any other monster hunter game.

Fuck. I'm guilty. Switched Bonus Shot into some of my gunner sets and I'm having trouble adjusting. I might drop it on some of them.

You forgot to mention
And the only thing worse than those two
Shit like [Element] Up with a weapon of a different or no element, artillery on a weapon that doesn't get any benefit from it, or talismans for gunner-only skills on blademaster weapons.

I knew a guy, in my MHP3 hunting group back in the day.
He would've been up for it.
Hell he would've been up for literally anything where any other person would've pulled off his own nails out of frustration.
He was an absolute madman.
Crazy cunt would wake me up at 5 am to do the most frustrating shit possible just the two of us.

New thread