Is Ninja Gaiden Black the Greatest game ever?

I just replayed it on 360 and I legitimately think its the best game ever made.

Also main bad guy's assistant is definitely a Jew.

I have only played the first 2 levels. Is it really that good? Maybe I was burned out at the time. I still own the 2 games for PS3 so I could play them right now. Really looking for good gayems to play right now. Bayonetta is my favourite but mostly because the dodge gimmick never gets old and gives reason for enemies to be aggressive without being an annoyance. DMC is boring.

Best action game ever certainly.

Too bad the PS3 version is so shit.

But PS3 had 2kat

NGB is available for the 360?

Yes its worth it, its really that good. A lot of people quit in the second level because the boss is hard as shit if you don't know the trick to beat him. Legitimately one of the best gaming experiences I ever had.

I didn't even both getting NG3 cause of the reviews.

I used an old xbox disc, its compatible.

You should be disappointed not many action games are following in its footsteps but instead opt for Dark Souls

Will Nioh be the saviour we need?

I never played the SNES Game but this franchise is based as fuck. Look at the symbol that's on ground in the during the final boss fight.

I heard good things about Dark Souls

I think the original is one of the best games ever, never played Black or Sigma or those.

The stamina and weapon degradation ruined Nioh for me. Dying more easily and getting punished for mistakes is good, but everything else copied from Souls just doesn't work. I wish the fad died already.

What kind of excuse is "being a kid"? I beat all the games since I was a kid.

Gotta try it one day, just have to get a copy.

Why do people keep saying this? Isn't the original game still overreliant on Ultimate Techniques as much as Sigma while enemies shit on your chest for attempting normal combos? If so, I don't see what significant differences there could possibly be to cause such discrepancy in quality.

Honestly, that's one thing I really like about Razor's Edge. I feel like I have to actually fight the enemies and it's not just UT to win.

What's Ultimate Technique?

It's when you hold Triangle/Y to charge a super attack, basically. If there's Essence floating around (small orbs that you get from defeating enemies) you can charge an UT almost immediately when Ryu absorbs Essence. A common trick is that if you jump and hit Triangle/Y just before your feet touch the ground, UT is charged instantly, which can make fights pretty repetitive and formulaic.

In this video for example, you can even see the guy saving Essence (blocking prevents you from absorbing it) so he can use it to charge UTs faster against the next group of enemies.

REEEEEEE PORT IT TO PC YOU FUCKS

What? yaiba isn't enough for you?

What was Yaiba even like? I've never heard anything about it.

Does the original or Black version have a NG+ mode? Half the reason I can't be fucked to play it again with Sigma 1 is because you unlock nothing but costumes. Fuck doing the scarabs every playthrough so I can unlock the hidden stuff in the final quarter of the game.

I just can't handle playing it, and knowing that everything I want to use is at the very end, and wont carry over.

If you get all the scarabs you get like a light saber and the Dark dragon Blade or some shit. And you also unlock the missions mode at the end which can be a lot of fun.

Tried the first game again. I'm bored after the first level, just isn't there for me. Kind of wish I had bought Razor's Edge for the Wii U while I had one - twice - since it's the best version but I didn't want to jump in at the third game and I remember mixed reception.

I have 2 already but never tried.

Something about the game, maybe the combat, the enemies or the environments. It doesn't have that special something that makes it satisfying over and over. Feels like you're a wet noodle bouncing over tiny environments all the time? Next time I have a Wii U I will need to give it a shot maybe.

I loved the original trilogy, the new games bored me.

NGB definitely is one of the best games ever made, it's also the only reason why I want a proper Xbox emulator.

Does anyone have that Sigma 2 mod that switches Ryu with Ayane, complete with voice over?

Its shit, dont even try to turn this into another meme games faggots. Im aware of your bullshit.

Isnt RE on PS3 and 360?

As you can see, nobody in this thread can give you a proper answer.

Why? Because Ninja Gaiden is an overrated piece of garbage Itagaki is the King of Hacks.

Pic related, an actual fucking action game that invented/standardized a bunch of techniques that are norm nowadays.

It doesn't have to be good if it's famous. People will praise Ninja Gaiden regardless. 75% of people who cum over this game have probably never even played it, or saw it on youtube.

Like LOTR is a masterpiece when it's just a whacky yet pretentious fantasy book.

Like the Beatles are great legends when musically speaking they're below One Direction.

They came out at the right time and the generation at the time idealized them.

And as decades passed, they got a reputation of being "revolutionary" while in fact they are artistically equivalent to modern day garbage.

"Contrarian" is just a term people use when they're being challenged on arguments that to them must be untouchable. It's a neologism that's as cancerous as it gets.

It's anti-intellectual by definition, because it negates any possibility of discussion without being ad hominem'd by the masses.

I'm beginning to like this pasta

I am already getting sick of this pasta

That does look a bit boring.

Despite the interface ripping off Souls games. The gameplay definitely feels more like a combination between Ninja Gaiden and Onimusha. I really hope the game turns out well and the changed made from the alpha benefit the overall game. I didn't like how they took out weapon degrading. I like constantly switching weapons to stay on top of things. Now I might just be carrying a shit ton of items I'll never use and just sell everything.

Speaking of which why the hell hasn't Capcom made an HD trilogy of that yet?

Black is just an expansion pack of the original and is fantastic. Sigma changed many things. Mostly for the better and some being worse. I'm not exactly sure why so many hate Sigma. I didn't like the Rachael sections and think it could have been something to do on the side. One very big thing is that you can get into hard mode faster in Sigma by beating Doku in the second chapter. In NGB you must beat the game like 3 times to play the hardest mode.

Sigma has more weapons, more aggressive enemies with new moves, being able to fire arrows in mid air, new bosses, more challenges, better camera, better juggle system, new character. It's better in nearly every way.

RE mostly took NG2 Sigma gameplay and slapped it onto 3 with a few tweaks. The gameplay was fantastic but it could have definitely used new weapons, better stages/bosses (there were a few good ones), and a bigger enemy variety. It's a shame really because Itagaki knew what made the games so great. Team Ninja clearly has talented devs but they also need a good director. The Sigma guy turned NG3 into a casual, story focused mess and had to get Itagaki's work and slap it on there to make it good again.

I really hope the next NG they just build upon what they did well in NG3:RE.

This was the game people compared everything to when they mention hard games. It's the "Dark Souls" of that generation. But unlike Dark Souls you can't grind or summon people to save your ass. Before that it was Super Ghost and Goblins.

Also would you have a dynamic camera in small rooms like that? The camera would have to be either outside the walls or constantly rubbing against the walls. The camera is only fixed for rooms with little space in them and can be freely moved in larger rooms. Especially boss fights. Sigma also has a better camera than Black.

Always hated that outfit. Found the cloak she was in before revealing her actual battle outfit much better. It made her look more curvy.

they seem to be learning, Nioh looks promising

lel

They're kinda bad, every weapon except the nunchuck is useful in Black, 2kats is redundant. It's kinda good to mash up against weak enemies in a corridor, but every other weapon can handle those easily as well.

Same here. It's insufferable shit that tries to shame calling contrarian faggots for what they are.

What makes Sigma so bad? People keep shitting on it yet never say why. It adds a ton of content, revamps some of the more boring sections (like the moat stage where they added water running and monsters to fight on top of said water), and looks better to boot. It's not any easier (especially since both games have cheese tactics like wall run into strong attack or spamming UT). Why do so many hate Sigma?

I swear it's a old meme that is still carried over from mad Xbox fans from days of yore

Changing direction on water is stupid, the revamped water level is bad. A lot of people hated the old water level but it was actually a great level when took as a whole, it has a great Christian allegory of being reborn through water. The level just before was the sewers where you traverse what seemed to be places dating from the Vigoor medieval period, you go through a very different, slow and rather calm level where you gain tons of permanent HP through found items and finally get to the cathedral again and get the secret passage to finally be ready to duel Doku, now being literally reborn after having been killed by him months before. (both versions have shit swimming system)

Sigma is not as tight with enemies, I'm not sure you fight dopplegangers in it too. The Rachel parts are ok, and mostly the only reason someone who played Black should consider sigma, Black is better as a whole, it is really the best version, now if only xbox emulation could happen it could be in 4k too.

i…. what?

Damn fucking good but:

get out

I didn't find black "UT to win", I could pull off combo's. Just had to pick your time to counter.

ultimate casual

oh look. another one

metal gear rising is better than ninja gaiden in most ways.

Its casualized as shit.

It's good, it's not as good. It maybe has a more intricate story, though NG story worked just great with its mysticism and Tairon city visiting. MGR combat may be worse than NG but it's still pretty good, what MGR is truly terrible at is level design, but what can you expect of a game boosted out after only 1 year of development, if they had to choose it was a good choice but it still makes it worse than NG.

i don't get it, people always say this game is short but it took me around 7 to finish on hard

also
Ng is by no means a bad game but i guess it is just opinion on ninja action games.

That's still fucking short.

I wish people didn't think like this.
You guys obviously aren't but it reminded me of idiots I've seen parrot this shit

it's shit

It's like the Kojimacucks who defended paying for a fucking demo and saying W-W-WELL IF YOU DO ALL THE SIDE MISSIONS AND REPLAY THE GAME AT HARDER DIFFICULTIES IT'S LIKE 5 HOURS THAT'S KINDA LIKE A FULL GAME

Yeah, no shit fucktard, EVERY game's length extended when you devour everything in it with crippling OCD and autism

also god hand.

Only Ninja Gaiden I played were the old NES games.

How much of Xbox' NG is present in Other M?

Nigger, now your just baiting. God Hand's a great game but its combat is nowhere near as fluid as NG. Plus God Hand is more of a beat 'em.

And MGR is by no mean a bad game, but the combat and difficulty is so perfected in NGB, it's really weird how they messed it all up in NG2. MGR is way better than all those sequels.

and while we are on the subject on action games check out rune and severance: blade of darkness

Stop posting like a retard.
Nigger those games aren't remotely like NG. Fuck off.

not as complex and too easy.
The boss fights are satisfying though.
I do like it.

you can't constantly hold block down though, you'll get punished for it heavily