King of Dragon Pass

Let's talk about this game, Holla Forums

Why does no-one remember it?
Why has there been nothing else like it since?
Why is it so comfy?

Other urls found in this thread:

sixages.com/blog/
mega.nz/#!4kFkTIhJ!k3164cmvpM-2mXh4gH4b110pQAYk_hK5pE2jIxKUi4w
mega.nz/#!o8tzXSIa!HD8l5kFaddxPyPeCl_Sfesq6ZVVVrhd1ZWjUhyK37Uw
pockettactics.com/news/a-strange-whisper-six-ages-will-be-2016s-follow-up-to-the-classic-king-of-dragon-pass/?url=/features/a-strange-whisper-six-ages-will-be-2016s-follow-up-to-the-classic-king-of-dragon-pass/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It doesn't have 3d first person/third person battles like in skyrim, any kind of giant open world to explore or a mountain to climb.

It was a bad game, admit it.

Probably because there's actually little depth to it. Once you'd played it through once or twice there wasn't much new to see - you'd just repeat the same random events over and over.

Don't get me wrong, it was great fun, but it's not the kind of game to keep people playing over such a long period of time.

Good dialogue, art and music. Has a lot of depth unlike what the memer above said. It's different every time and player decisions have a big effect on what happens.

wish I could play it in something bigger than 640x480

Thea: The Awakening gives me a KoDP vibe.

It's a damn fine little game with surprising depth to it. It's a slow game that actually requires some thought and a teensy bit of role-playing, so it's hard for it to be popular with newer generations. It requires a lot of reading, which probably puts off a large amount of people. Personally, I still play it from time to time although to my shame I've never beaten it.

Speak for yourself but I fucking love that game, and I can't wait for the sequel which is supposedly made up of a large number of the orignal staffers. I can only speculate what it'll be like, but it should still be pretty good
sixages.com/blog/
Dev blog for those who want it, they've been doing somewhat consistent updates, but no word on the release date. I just hope the sound direction is as good as the first game, that's what really sold the game for me.

Get out of here Todd.

I'm interested in playing this game since my toaster can't run anything this decade.

Is this the dragon pass I should play or the newer ones?

Saw this thread and thought someone was doing a play through of KODP. Now I'm just disappointed.

This sounds like fun actually, anyone willing to do it? I would but my writing is shit and would detract from the thread. Not to mention that I've never played it before, downloading it to remedy that right now.

The game already plays like story thread. Just upload pics and ask what the anons want to do.

You could skip a bunch of screen caps and combine decisions too.

Anyone know how to fix this? I already tried setting text to small in control panel like game advised.

Where did you download the game?
I'm still downloading it at like 5kbs from Skidrow.

mega.nz/#!4kFkTIhJ!k3164cmvpM-2mXh4gH4b110pQAYk_hK5pE2jIxKUi4w

Got link from share thread here in the mega archive.

Thanks, user.

Is Vampire Masquerade there too?

I'm downloading that as well.

Came here to post this. Still a fantastic game though for a few playthroughs.

mega.nz/#!o8tzXSIa!HD8l5kFaddxPyPeCl_Sfesq6ZVVVrhd1ZWjUhyK37Uw

Should I read a guide or something before playing this game or is it pretty easy to completely understand by just playing it for the first time?

it's pretty easy and straight forward

Thanks and bump.

Game is pretty neat so far. Reminds me of X-Com of being the commander, but now it's just about running my little clan.

The Duck Race can go fuck itself though

The real Todd would appreciate it for those several climbable mountains

You've got everything you need in the game itself. Advisors, lore panel, muh live and learn factor…
Just don't antagonize a tribe tier neutral faction too much

They're pretty great man, they worship Humakt. Also, unfortunately you can't bully them too hard otherwise their neighbors come up and yiff you to hell

Thank goodness it's only the tutorial at this point, but it's funny that all my advisors advised me to blast them to hell.

D&D games thread ?

why mate

Can't get it to run on my PC.

The ducks fight chaos you chaos-loving faggot. They're alright, and the first and last time you stupidly try to buy cows from them is pretty funny.

WHAT THE FUCK DID THEY DO TO THIS GAME JESUS CHRIST

I can't see any other explanation

It's a different person that is behind the middle parchment.
You can see their head poking out the top.

Oh so it's like this then.

You learn as you go. It'll take you a while to learn the difference between a carl and a cottar and whatnot but your clan ring is always there to hold your hand

What is the duck doing to the person behind the parchment?

Never played it, should I?

Trial and error: the game

Even if you follow the advice of the guy who always knows what to do (Follower of Eurmal) you'll still get RNG losses for no reason.

AROUND DUCKS, WATCH YOUR TRUNKS

Do you even Orlanth?
Honestly tho, the game follows a pretty consistent internal logic, you just need to recognize when to capitalize on it.

For example, at hte start of every run you have this fat faggot who wants your prize bull so he can double down on bestiality and cuckoldry fetishes, you can deny, sell, or offer him stud services. On top of those you can also offer it to him as a gift, which raises relations and might not make much sense considering the bull is pretty important in establishing a steady herd, but if you're famliar with hte setting you know that giving a gift will almost always result in a reciprocal gift furhter down the line, and the fat fuck can give you a badass sword treasure (which can't die unlike the bull) or some other shit I never take because they're not swords.

I guess the point is that while there is a lot of RNG the only thing that can be said to be trial and error is the very end of the Long Game

fuck my life i loved those threads

weren't the people who did the mobile version making another glorantha themed game? God damn glorantha is just the best.

wew

They're making a sequel right now. It being 2016 I am skeptical it will turn out alright, but hey, who knows.

That being said, there is nothing stopping anons from making their own KODP in Twine or a similar program, CSS and some basic scripting are all you need to make a game look like that, literally all it does is text and images.

Because it involved reading.

pls be trolling

Also
pockettactics.com/news/a-strange-whisper-six-ages-will-be-2016s-follow-up-to-the-classic-king-of-dragon-pass/?url=/features/a-strange-whisper-six-ages-will-be-2016s-follow-up-to-the-classic-king-of-dragon-pass/
Judging by the dev art I don't think they will be done very soon. This is much closer to their first gamethan their second in my opinion.

Has anyone ever gotten the ducks to join their tribe, apparently there is an event for it but I can't get it to work

Pretty sure they can only be yer allies.

I keep getting raided by horsespawn and trolls multiple times a year, any way to reduce how often they raid?

I'm not sure how accurate this is but going for killing as many as I can seems to help, and trolls have a few events that can make them like you more and not attack

It seems like a lot of games, especially strategy/4X ones, used to have a lot of these sorts of choose-your-own-adventure-and-get-royally-fucked-by-poor-choices sequences as a secondary mechanic to their primary gameplay. I hear The Banner Saga is sort of reminiscent of this?

If the Bullroarer treasure ever pops up, take it. It'll give you huge bonuses in fighting horsefuckers. Otherwise you can try sending explorers to their lands and hope some events come up (I can't remember if any peaceful options come out of it though), or do a shitload of different Heroquests to try and trigger a specific scene and appease them.

It tried to, but it didn't really work.

What makes KoDP interesting is that the feedback from your actions is sort of obscure, but not just random because of the adviser system.

In the Banner Saga the results of your choices was too obvious, and if there was an unexpected result it just felt random.

KoDP was also much, much better written.

Anyone tried this? Found no dorrents.

What is it, Bannersaga?

The Great Whale Road

I don't think it's out yet

Looks and sounds comfy.

It's called Six Ages. It's going steadily as far as I know. The scene artist finished drawing everything, so that's something. There's a blog, google it.