Have you ever cried because of a video game?

Have you ever cried because of a video game?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtubedoubler.com/?video1=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7lyGGQbMxI&start1=604&video2=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNQvLECht08&start2=0&authorName=aphrocarlin
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I teared up the first time I finished Silent Hill 2

kingdom hearts 1

that one cutscene with Otacon in MGS2 got me because I also lost a little sister a year before the game came out.

Reuniting the boy with his mother and refusing the ammo made me choke up at the pure goodness seething from the character.

It also made me think of if that man can be so good, why can't I?

Can a computer make you cry?

Is that part at the end edited in or what
No way he turns into meat on purpose.

IT'S REAL

No

came close a few times

I'm pretty immune to sad stuff, but cheesy heartwarming shit like embed related hits me really hard.

I dare you to post a more heartwarming vidya finale than this.

Not yet.

Damn user.

I believe I shed some tears at the end of both Link's Awakening and Wings of Liberty.

Other endings have left me depressed or saddened, but not crying.

Being sent back to the main menu after the end of Hotline Miami 2 and realizing what the background is showing left me feeling so empty that I couldn't stop shedding tears for a few minutes afterward.

I'm pretty easy to bring to tears but this one was memorable.

i crie evreytiem
liek all tiems evertimes

it didn't make me cry, he did an honorable thing, real ending of persona 4 made me feel more sad for loser idiot reasons, it was bittersweet

BUT THEN THEY FUCKED IT UP AND PROTAG JUST KEEPS COMING BACK TO INABA

rip gaz.

Xion from kingdom hearts 358/2 days made me depressed to the point where i shed a single tear, thats the most i cried for any game i played

RING THE BELL
RING THE BELL OF FREEDOM
Tears of joy

No.

The only time to cry is when the body is faced with intense physical pain and needs a natural pain reliever.

That Anime called 'Angel Beats" did make me a little sad for a week or so though

every time without fail

You're a faggot user.

I miss old EA.

Shit taste general

It's always hard to say goodbye.

I cried at the end of Mafia, because it meant one of the best games I've ever played was over

It's the only game that did QTE's and ""cinematic"" right.

MGS3
Lost Future, fuck whoever decided to change the script
Shattered Memories

I've just started playing Mother 3, heard it was cry.

I really like Asura's Wrath but you are human garbage and should kill yourself.

The "game" was great for the story, characters, and art direction. It would have been much better if they dropped what little gameplay there was and made it a full on anime (or at least VN).

I couldn't cry if I wanted to.

But I agree with you

I started tearing up a bit when Sif started limping from his wounds. I had done the Artorias DLC first as well, so the whole fight had an unexpected emotional impact. Godspeed, you dense, loyal beast.

Yes. Just a few days ago, even.

Ys VIII spoilers, do not open unless you can 日本語を話せます and have played the game.

mgs4 when they lead you to think Snake shot himself I sat there and cried for a minute or two before pressing x

tee hee

You can see the life ebb from his eyes

Pokemon Conquest.
After the credits when Oichi talks about the everything and how she would miss that, but what fucked me up was when she said that we would see each other again when I play the game again, but I knew that I wouldn't. Her "Se you later" was my "Goodbye". I cried like a faggot in some corner. After a couple of weeks, that computer broke and I needed to buy a new one. I lost my save, since I was playing on an emulator. When I played the game again, it wasn't the same thing and was way worse than what happened at the first time, because this one I couldn't care about anything and the Oichi I knew is dead.

Yes.

QTEs are shit though and you said that it's the only game that did them "right"

>videogame

how come heavy rain, gone homo, and all the other """games""" gets memed to death while asura's movie gets a free pass?

oh right, its OK when japs do it

It's pretty universally hated, I've only seen like 3 people say it's good.
It's complete trash, even beyond the ending being DLC. the Game is literally button mash until you get a cutscene

undertale :^)

Usually a story has to be good for me to feel sad, so no.

Man, any idiot who spent a couple hours learning hiragana can understand what she's saying

undertale's intro hit pretty close to home

No, because I'm not a woman or a homosexual.

no bully

He only wanted normal life….

And then this song gave an extra feels right after….

>flint's reaction to the news of his wife's death
It hurt.

Corruption was easier to deal with back then

Doesn't make the actions done any less hurtful though.

All of Ghost Trick's ending sequence.

Nier hit fucking hard a lot of times.

You can thank me later.
Can someone Webm this duo?
youtubedoubler.com/?video1=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7lyGGQbMxI&start1=604&video2=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNQvLECht08&start2=0&authorName=aphrocarlin

I don't think a game has made me cry yet, on the verge of tears maybe.

Kittan's death in Gurren Lagann made me cry though

In Okami-den, there was this fat party character that has to save his mom and wants to improve as a person and give back to her for giving him such a good life. It hit really close to home since my younger sister was a total bitch to her parents and I did extra work around the house without my mom asking because I thought she would become depressed or crazy from my sister's berating. My sis mellowed out when she started working at fast food and realized that she isn't hot shit. My mom does a lot of her own thing now since me and my siblings either have a: job; family; school career; etc. Okami-den is bad by the way. Find a rom of it if you need to play it.

Oh yeah, this one bummed me out. But not to the point of crying for some reason.

I cried because of how much of a boring shitpile halo was despite all its hype at the time of its release and nostalgia years after.

After watching visual AIDs, I didn't need to be reminded of this.

Asura's raging boner didn't make me cry, but it was a pretty good anime that I watched on youtube.

I almost cried when Cortana died

Then 343 flipflopped and brought her back as crazy Cortana in 5, why are 343 such jews? Bungie shot themselves in the fucking leg letting go of Halo for Emptiny

Came here to post this

Soap's death in MW3 made me tear up a little.

I cried because

when you exit the barn, the game automatically goes into deadeye mode. I tried going into deadeye mode, which then exited deadeye mode, leaving John standing there like a retad for a second with his gun drawn before getting blown away. The game then autosaved and I wasn't able to go back without losing around 6 hours of progress.

Hasn't high school started again? Go do your homework or something that isn't posting on Holla Forums

(heaven-piecing trips)
He died more or less how he wanted, accomplishing what he wanted
i marathoned the last 10 or so episodes way into the night, almost until dawn. By his death until the end of the last fight I felt a chill throughout my body I've never felt before or since. I know it sounds faggy, especially for such a stupid show, but it was like I was flying

So what?

Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day you fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way. Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town, waiting for someone or something to show you the way.

Tired of lying in the sunshine staying home to watch the rain. You are young and life is long and there is time to kill today and then one day you find ten years have got behind you. No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun. So you run and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking, racing around to come up behind you again. The sun is the same in a relative way, but you're older. Shorter of breath and one day closer to death.

Every year is getting shorter never seem to find the time. Plans that either come to naught or half a page of scribbled lines. Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way.

I'm not experiencing time dilation, just saying that someone who would have been emotionally moved by those games are no longer in high school.

this

The deaths of the members before his depressed me but, his got to me. Especially when the song played.

Sorry, I realized I responded to the wrong person so I deleted the post :^)

Go read the books. I knew Cortana was coming back, and HOW she was coming back, the very moment she 'died' in Halo 4.

Daily reminder that 343 killed off The Rookie via being shot in the back of the head by a betrayer.

Man I am adding ODST to my list of games that need to be replayed.

Right up there with Paper Mario 2.

And it was assumed they killed of the entire Spirit of Fire until this new HW2 game was announced.

Fuckers charged 20 dollars for Beastmen.

HW2 is going to be shit

CA IS DEVELOPING IT?!

Fucking hell I wasn't going to look into it anyways, maybe the lore assrape that'll be bound to happen but with the DLC kikery that is only surpassed by Paradox they've been doing the last few games (starting I believe Shogun 2, not sure) this really upsets me.

Thanks, now I go to sleep grumpy

The full letter reading. Yup, I was in tears.
Mary's VA did a fucking stellar job there.

Empire and Napoleon had unit packs but that was about it

The sad part is that there will never be a PC port.

Jesus H Christ.

Fuck
The whole ending sequence man
F U C K

Don't cry
;_;

That whole last 10 or so hours were fucking amazing.

we all do

This hurts a lot for some reason

Did I do the right thing?

>Yomiel gets his legs crushed by saving Lynne
>Has to pay for crimes that he wasn't guilty of
>He still does it because he's made many people suffer and wants to redeem himself
>At the end credits he's being freed, and his lover is alive and waiting for him
>"Thank you, Sissel"

I fucking broke in tears, man.
That ending was fucking wonderful. Everything about the Ghost Trick was amazing.

undertale

B-But muh virtual toy made me cry!

The asgore segment made me cry.
The game may look like dog shit and have forced memes, but when it hits you, it hits you.

Probably the game that hit me the hardest.

along with

and

This pretty much, Nier's the kind of game that just pummels you until you can't take it anymore, and then hits you some more. Beepy and his little shade fucking tore my heart out on the second time through, and pretty much all of the alternate endings produced a great deal of agony for me in varying ways. Though ending D's impact is mitigated somewhat thanks to ending E's existence

This didn't make me cry, but I do remember feeling very stunned and horrified. Honestly surprised it hit me as hard as it did, I just really didn't see it coming for some reason.

After the character switch, all I could think about was getting revenge. Putting down that shitty fed was the most satisfying thing I'd felt in weeks. Then I put the game down and realized that the tragedy in the ending is that, in getting his revenge, Jack essentially became the one thing John never wanted him to be. Fucking Red Dead man, I want a PC port so bad.

I guess the only time I got closest to tears was when this motherfucker bit it. I know Telltale don't really make games, but season 1 of The Walking Dead was the closest they ever got with this new formula, it's a shame they're so shit now, they really knocked it out of the park with this one.

Watching this always gives me chills.

Ark fell into a deep sleep…
And Ark dreamt his last dream…

Yeah. I got so pissed off that I couldn't catch a legendary Pokemon when I was little, I'd cry out of frustration.

I cried at no man's sky ending, you all know nothing about real ART.

You're a faggot. John mentions several times how the greatest, most respectable men he met were always outlaws. He would be proud of his son, who choose the hard path, which was not the easy, but the right one.

Well, you still had fun with AW, despite the fact it's mostly QTE's and what little gameplay it does have is shallow as fuck, right?

So clearly it did what it did right.

Also, a good amount of the cool moments the game has only works due to it being a game or interactive anime if you wanna call it that.

"B to shut __ up", the way the burst guage falls and rises in cutscenes reacting to what's going on, bracing yourself for wyzen's finger, Suddenly having like 20 analog stick prompts come up at once when you first turn into mantra asura, The fistbump with Yasha, the raging demon in the lost episodes, press B to extend arm, and a ton of the shit in the last chakravartin fight/the end of the game either wouldn't work as well without QTE's/as an anime, or wouldn't work at all.

The game utilizes them in creative ways.

It was a good thing that they did that.

There's plenty of things 343 has fucked up but the fact this is the go to example everybody points to just shows that Holla Forums is more interested in whining about 343 for the sake of whining then having legimate issues with what they've done.

Only one.

Yes. I had a heavily modded/hacked playthrough of a certain "classic" RPG I eventually ended up playing only on my birthdays. the campaign was ~11-13 years old by the time I had a HDD failing and lost the save

I weep for the future we could have had.

Not over a shit game (like Asuras Wrath)

When Galuf dies in Finaly Fantasy 5.

This.

I was 12, it was just too sad.

I don't know why, but blood dragon always made me tear up a small bit at the end. The levels of cheese just overloaded at the line
Also the third and final part of the new vegas bounties modRandell turns out to be alive just to die in front of you. Then my heart breaks when Cocker and Cutty die in the final mod since that last fight is straight up bullshit. my craptop died 4 times from the amount of corpses Those two were fucking hilarious.

For me, personally, I liked how in the first game the music played after each level was both calm and uplifting, but in the second game the post level music gave me a feeling of Everything is getting worse for these people

This.

Pic related.

Not technically a game, so sage for offtopic.

I did cry like a faggot when I was playing Everlasting Summer. It was a sudden, rather awful realization that there was no one that I could have a honest conversation with face to face, about anything personal like hopes, dreams, fears and such.

I don't even really know why I cried over such thing. I guess it was some primitive part of the brain flipping the fuck out due to effects of antidepressant I've been using. I mean, we, humans, are pack animals, so it would be only logical that there is some part of brain that would give person negative feedback for not being in anything resembling a pack.