"Night time is too scary for our players!" - Nintendo

wiiudaily.com/2016/08/zelda-producer-says-it-was-extremely-hard-to-make-the-daynight-cycle-in-breath-of-the-wild/

How the fuck can one company still think its audience of neckbeards should still be treated as kids?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/tJwOD
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Day_for_night
archive.is/qSbUI
my.mixtape.moe/idujun.mp4
youtube.com/watch?v=UsHtXKaAeQI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Aren't mainline Zeldas rated T since Twilight Princess? Why would they care about that?
Sent from my Wii U.

Skyward Sword was E10+

So they basically mean they made it too dark and it seemed "scary", so they made it more realistic by adding shit that brightens the night up.
Like in real life.
So OP is a faggot.

No, OP is a faggot for linking a website that doesn't even source its quotes.

They could just use a brightness setting.

Nope. SS was E10. Only Hyrule Warriors was rated teen.

that too

implyign 2016 nintendo is smart enough for that

It is still pretty bright outside in a field in rural areas at night from the moon
They also didn't want night time to be too dark so then people wouldn't just skip night time to go back to day time.

someone at Nintendo needs to get bullied

City guy here.

I don't even know what a real night looks like except for the 3 weeks of vacationing abroad, but aren't they like dark and shit except when it's full moon?

Essentially producer is going for outdoors dark instead of edgy dark.

eyeah its dark as shit. they said they're going to have a lot of villages, enemy campsites, and ect so i cant imagine it makes fuck all of a difference since plenty of shit will be lighting the night.
also this

It depends entirely on the moon cycle. Sometimes it'll be plenty bright enough, other times it can be pitch fucking black. The stars ain't gonna save yo ass out hea, boy.

archive.is/tJwOD

I'm just hoping for Bayo 3

and I want a new Custom Robo, but that's never gonna happen.

Someone else can publish it

kek this keeps getting better and better. First there is censorship just to fuck with fans, even on niche games that don't sell allot of unit except for the regular fanbase.
To take a bigger shit on a sandwich they make a zelda game interesting again, but since zelda games are for kids, and don't realize that most kids played fallout4 or any Bethesda rpg games, where walking in the night is comfy, when you see the stars and all that.

They have the balls to say, Hi fanbase, you are a bunch of retarded faggots who can't play games, if it has a night cycle because its scawy for you. We know because we do market research and it clearly states you are a bunch of faggots.
this is a low blow even for Nintendo, heck was interested in this game until now. When they called me a retarded faggot whom can't handle the dark in a GAME. That should tell allot about a company.

I wanted Fatal Frame brought over and a new Chibi Robo, and looked what happened

Are you retarded?

y'all niggers know there's no source in this article on a website that isn't known by fucking anyone for anything right
that shit was a blog entry

Suits the image of being a thirty year old neckbeard with the mental capacity of a ten year old.

Night Times in Zelda were some of the comfiest moments I've had playing games. Sailing at night in Wind Waker is arguably some of the most calming shit. It's just one of the reasons I fucking hate Skyward Sword. Such wasted opportunity not being able to fucking fly at night.

Luigis Mansion is too scary, so the next game in the series will be set in permanent daytime.

Luigi is now a gardener

10/10, would report again.

You know the first guy thought there was no night, then the guy you responded to showed a picture where it was night. Unless they removed it, which isn't happening, then you'd have to be pretty retarded to think there isn't night.

I guess it hardly matters though, I'm only pirating it because it seems a little more like the first Zelda which is one of my favorites. And if it's shit I can wait for some hacker to just remake the first Zelda in that engine, since some of the features look pretty good.

I would play that, a game with gigantic plants and shit.

Where is the source?

Nigger, when I was a kid these fucking things scared the shit out of me. I had to beat the shadow temple with the sound off. And you know what? It made the game memorable, on some level I liked the feeling of being scared, it added to the adventure and made it feel more like a challenging journey.

That actually does sound kind of cool, but Mario has already had giant plant monsters since the arcade Mario Bros

marry me, faggot!

Shadow Temple killed me as a kid. Forest temple was scarier though
Mainly because it was the first time meeting the fucking wallmasters

Gotta give 'em a point for bein creative at making scary moments using only low res textures and the engine itself

Oh look how dark it is, it reminds me of night-time that reminds me of 3am, its totally super dark or has comfy stars.

Sure its night cycle but does it look like night? NO, it looks like evening or night in the summer, its not dark enough.

NO HYLIA NO BUY

Isn't she only referenced in the shittiest Zelda game?

Has night ever been that dark in a Zelda game? I don't remember it ever being particularly dark. Now it does look a little brighter than actual night, that might be one of those concessions for being able to see what the hell you're doing.

The forest temple scared me shitless as a kid the song made me so claustrophobic and I don't know why

If it's the right time of year (summer) the biggest source of light pollution in the sky is going to be the Milky Way itself, especially when Sagittarius is in the sky and thus the central bulge of the Milky Way where there is a high density of stars and thus making that region of the sky look very milky. It doesn't drown out much light, but compared to other nights during the year it is considerably brighter and makes the sky a bit lighter.

Not at all. At any time of the year, if the sky's clear, you can see the sky all lit up. Imagine morrowind's sky with smaller, less bright stars and without the extra moons

Yes, Ocarina of time it reminded me of the night when I played it on 3ds. Windwaker also reminded me of night so did twilight.

Does less comfy night bother me? Yes, it does. Heck, Skyrim all its faults that reminded me of going in the night the further north you go the more comfy it gets with snow.

Hell, most games don't do super dark night except for survival horror games. But they do smart things so you can see where you are going and still get comfy night-time situation going on. Its not hur its scawy, its comfy.

I'm going to say it now, this game is going to fell like its been super focused tested.

Shame that they butchered the Fire Temples theme.

Country Fag here. It's great. I got a bonfire in my backyard under a Great Oak and I can just sit there and practice Harmonica while sipping rum.

Are you retarded?

Aonuma commented on the day/night cycle that Breath of the Wild has, saying that it was “extremely hard” to make it work in the game.

nigger that's not a source
that's a fucking sentence
here, watch

49bba4 recently said he's perfectly fine with 30 muslims gangraping his mother as long as he's allowed to film it for later use.

I know reading is hard but come on nintenyearold.

Yeah, you said it in Edge magazine, too.
See? There's my source.

Zelda suck :^)

Nindendo, if you're listening, that we as the fanbase find squid-kids wearing clothes to be terrifying. So in Spla2oon the inklings need to be naked. It'll make us feel much better.

this

I can't imagine why

Oh. They just made it look like hollywood 'night'. It's fucking nothing.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Day_for_night

Because despite their over-representation in western internet communities, the vast, vast majority of Nintendo's consumer base is under 18.

[citation needed]

I wish all the 60+ year old manchildren at Nintendo would die already so new people can come in and make better games.

I think it was the case with Splatoon originally, it was the younger developer team, they didn't know who the main character should be, Miyamoto offered Mario as a last case scenario, they fearfully handed him a drawing of a squidkid and he then he thought it was brilliant.

Did they have the darkness at pitch black where you can only see 5 feet infront of you?!

The gameplay of night time is kinda bright in terms of how far in the distance you can see but it is also pretty cool with all the skeletona and night monsters popping up. So I can see it a bit scarier if it was that dark but if it was that dark it wouldn't fit well with the overall tone of the night time. I wouldn't mind if it was a bit darker and you are forced to need a torch.

I thought Miyamoto absolutely hated Splatoon and tried everything to get it shitcanned?

Oh okay thanks anons. The part of Europe were I live is lit up like goddamned Christmas tree and I only see planes and the occasional satellite or spacestation.

I honestly can't tell, the only thing I found so far within a quick google search was that he thought there was absolutely no appeal to it at first.

archive.is/qSbUI

I never beat the game when I was a kid because Bottom of the Well freaked me out so much

Did you even read? There is a day night cycle.

And murdering dark monsters in ancient tombs alone isn't?
What kind of mental institution does nintenod develop games for?

Bitch, please. Spooky Zelda is best Zelda. Shadow Temple and Arbiter's Grounds are two of my favorite Zelda dungeons, and the lantern caves in TP were a god tier idea, if not one in need of fleshing out. I want more dark and spooky, not less.

That video sums up the situation in Nintendo game dev offices.

Explains the Majora's Mask remake.

Waited years for that fucking remake and when it finally came out they made every visual so unbearably kid friendly I dropped it.
It sits on my shelf unfinished because it isn't Majora's Mask.
The visuals were a central part of the game's somber depressing tone and they ruined it.

Nintendo's design philosphy is too scary.

100% agree

How they fucked up the moon is the worst offense. They turned a strained suffering face and turned it into a dopey giant from a kids cartoon.

I found these fuckers infinitely more terrifying.

Zelda has had spooky elements since dark dungeons with spooky music and some of the dungeons were so dark you literally could not even see in them. Or is this another attempt to appeal to SJW babbies scared of their own shadows without their figurative headmate around?

I didn't mind the colors too much, I do hate how they watered down some enemies and assets to be less intimidating. Some things can still be fucking horrifying even if the brightest of colors.

This I agree with, fuck that moon.

The version I had as a kid had the crescent symbols in the Spirit Temple still but I have no idea if the original Fire Temple theme was still intact. I wonder if it was censored because NoA was always shit, some muslim actually complained, or if someone complained about it on the behalf of muslims.

The bike shorts are the best thing about them besides the iconic tentacle hair and squid eye mask. Removing a squid's bikeshorts is like removing their soul!

Newer people are coming in. That's exactly why this new Zelda is so different.

He underestimates the power of loli.

That second image I think actually fits the dungeon as much as the first. That bright pink swamp is pretty alarming that the haze it gives off adds to the atmosphere. Then again, the purple poisoned water was just fine too.

It's funny because Melee already had a better moon.

That moon looks like a demented Rowan Atkinson

Considering Kamiya's old poll on Twitter the next Bayo will probably be DMC x Bayonetta

Either they want to complain, or they're stupid enough to just assume that because he posted an article with that headline, that he must be telling the truth.

I didn't mind the more colorful part, but I thought giving all the bosses "eyes" was beyond stupid.

I can see almost as far at night with a decent moon out as I can in the daylight. Make of that as you will.

Cats please leave

Blue eyes white person is master race for night vision.

Flesh colored spats then.

This place is great

Your blues eyes white person is no match for Exodia!

VALIDATION

Nu/v/

I think it's people trying to find anything to be mad at Nintendo for.

Did someone say Exodia?

If the game has that shit where the music cuts out when an enemy's nearby there's no chance in hell I'll buy it. Zelda music is always great, but nothing takes me out of the game more than the tune I'm enjoying being overridden by a generic "fight" theme.

Exodia?! No, it can't be! Nobody has ever been able to summon him!

really now

Might as well finish it

Wait a minute, I've never seen these cards in grandfather's deck before.

Have you ever assumed that they're actually lunatics? Seriously though, why did so many had buyer's remorse? This is actually the first thread I've heard anyone mention that game again. I forgot it even existed but what did so many hate about it? Was it just the change in atmosphere ruining the narrative?

Yes, mostly
They also predictably casualized the fuck out of the game, with the big glowing weak spots added to bosses being the main one that I can remember off the top of my head
I've also heard people who actually like it enough to play it shitting on changes to the bombers notebook or the day system or something, though I don't remember why

Yes, Zelda fans are lunatics. I posted at the time it came out that MM benefited from poor graphics, which is why OoT logically had a better remake. Nothing that hasn't been approximately argued ITT. The fact that WW got a remake is hilarious for obvious reasons. And then they remade TP confirming that Zelda is now full Pokemon mode.

Remakes have been 50% of this console generation of things worth buying. The remake fad is pretty bad, and the worst part is they never actually remake games that are hard to get your hands on. Or some companies could simply localize and port older games never brought over. Like Tales of Destiny Director's Cut/Remake. They have an easy way to make money and only go half way through with it.

TP came out on November 19, 2006. I didn't even realize it was that old. But yeah, it's almost becoming Pokemon tier. Now all we need is a Zelda fighting game. We already have a musou.

I recall tons and tons of people shitting all over the game here as it was coming out. (Like actual people saying that the game was ruined because they've added flyers and papers onto the walls of clock town.) With only a few people holding their position. (And a even fewer people who were clearly fanboys.)

Hell the people who are defending it in this thread are still saying the same thing I remember them saying before. That the colors don't ruin the game and all that. I still personally don't have that much of an issue with the moon. It's clearly not as good as the original. But again, I don't feel anything was RUINED FOREVER.

But yeah you were the only one who saw the truth, and now everyone suddenly agrees with you.

Statistically, this would only make sense if nobody had managed to complete the set before.

Nintendo is fucked beyond repair! I now have no hope for the NX being any better than the disaster that was the Wii U. They've gone full-on mongoloid and they're going to stay that way until either Miyamoto and the higherups retire/die. There's no helping them.

I camp a lot. Stalker CoP has the most accurate representation of night time. Especially when it's very cloudy, you won't see shit, not even the fingers on your hand.

Didn't you ever play this shit? Exodia is pretty rare

Nigger Luigi.

time to jack off

Literally end your lives.

I don't understand.

Hasn't Nintendo always made games for kids and casuals?!

That's how Sony succeeded with the PlayStation in 1994/5: by targeting teenagers and young adults which were being ignored by Nintendo.

Varies wildly, depending on weather and phase of the moon, but a clear night will be enough to navigate by as long as you're lucky enough to avoid potholes.

Cloudy nights are blacker than the Argentina Holla Forums meetup.

Nintendo home consoles have been shit since the N64 but their handhelds are still OK.

Holy shit! I remember that show!

They make underpowered handhelds, but the battery lasts forever. DS and 3DS' battery are trash though.

I think in the Anime there was, like, exactly five full sets of Exodia. Not counting Exodia Necross, of course.

What about PS2 though? It was 300 bucks at launch. Xbox was a much better deal at the same price, having superior processing system and internal hard disk, but PS2 still won. What went wrong?

So like every other game ever made?

Target audience confirmed as babbies.

Someone please replace that guy with Spurdo.

Holy shit.

Children have become extremely fucking soft. I remember most children's movies growing up being scarier than most the shit that passes for actual horror today. Stop breeding little faggots with limp wrists and make them confront life. Why have an adventure game if it's a fucking theme park?

Examples of films?

The end of Fantasia.

the one with the dog and the cow. it was disturbing more than anything, also the artist of it showed up here once and drew us some pics

That's pretty cool.

this was in a kids film

Well the PS2 had brand power and a library of 2000 games.

The Nintendo brand is no longer strong (their home consoles have been shit for a long time) and the wiiU library is weak.

Jesus fucking christ, actually read the fucking article, most importantly the devs quote.

He's telling you he wants the night to be similar to the outdoors and not some edgy darkness.

Look, if some faggots want to ride each other's hateboners, I say let them.

and look what that has done for the quality of Holla Forums

Well, at least we're not Cuck/v/.

Yo don't talk shit about Nintendo man.

If this is the only thing you can say is were not X group with out any good reasons behind it we are not really that much of a better option.

Have none of you been outside at night in an area with no light pollution? It looks pretty similar to the nighttime in Zelda U. There are better things to get enraged over other than clickbait threads

This new open-world-survival Zelda was already gonna be shit, but wow, my expectations just got even lower and they had already bottomed-out during E3

post more audrey
and didn't someone make a titty monster/MegaMilk pic of Audrey?

Noice

You're a faggot, OP. The lighter night is an atmospheric choice. The article really said nothing about protecting fragile customers and rather communicated that the decision followed the director's vision of night scenery that is comforting and pleasant to be a part of.

OP is actually a 12 year old kid

superior taste

thanks user, that's the one

promptly end your life please.

Disgusting. They should have made a sleep option to skip night if they thought people would be "afraid" of night. Though I expected some way of making the game easy and for kids, we will see more bullshit things added.

I bet everyone here knows better than the devs about how to keep the art style consistent

op is a faggot
inb4 its ok when nintendo does it XD

Still waiting to verify this

Reminder that Sean Malstrom was right about Nintendo.

Im buying a used copy of the game so ninty wont be getting my money either way.

Yeah, casuals were the best thing to happen to Nintendo.

there was a fucking night cycle in OCARINA OF TIME

no night time
still shitting on paper mario series
still shitting on translations

how is nintendo not dead is there still a decent sized drone base still feeding them cash?

What?

Here's an embed of the day and Night cycle in Breath of the Wild, it's purely an artistic choice but I can understand the developers wanting to make the night not somewhat light so that you don't get fucked over when performing tasks that extend into the night, like climbing a cliffside or chasing an enemy.

I will reply to this with a non youtube vid for all you youtube hating autists, I just need to wait for it to upload to a third party.

Night time is around the 6 minute mark.

Oh yeah I read a rumor that towns weren't shown because what they have in store for towns is significant.

I didn't like the night cycle anyway but this is pretty insulting

my.mixtape.moe/idujun.mp4

Here is the day night cycle for anti youtube autists.

I mean I dont mind the day and night time cycle but it could be darker.

You had a better draw distance at night than in the day because the fog dissapears. But im not complaining.

Would it be cool if it was darker and you were forced to use your torch? sure but is it needed change? no.

I don't think that's how they want to create difficulty, they don't want people to be bumbling around at night with a small torch, for dungeons that use darkness as a mechanic sure, but the overworld is not a controlled environment like a dungeon, if the night is absolute darkness then why play in the night, why not just camp until day, I prefer the look of the bright night anyway, it looks more fantasy.

The night even reminds me of the Wind Waker Night which was always comfy as fuck to sail around in.

Give it a day or two and people will be thinking Nintendo has patented the day-night cycle so no other companies can use it.

A month ago there was a 100 post thread of people shitting themselves over an article that didn't even exist. OP made it up. Nobody noticed for 50 posts and the post pointing out that the link never existed got ignored for another 50 posts.
This shit and the whole "flipping the fuck out because Nintendo shuts down fan games that use official sprites and take donations". Is this board all teenagers now? This shit is pathetic.

Daily reminder this applies to Holla Forums

I think we did a poll a while back and a majority of users were underage.

To an extent I'm pretty sure this is some kind of shill thread, and I suspect some of the other threads angry at Nintendo removing fan games were shilled too, because no-one was interested in discourse and understanding why these events occurred they just wanted to post one time about being mad.

Doesn't that apply to everywhere but unfiltered Youtube channels?

I hate night time in most games with a day-night cycle because most of the time the game looks great during daytime but during the night everything has a shitty blue filter on it and it's still to bright making the game look washed out and shit.

The only game with good looking nights I can think of is Sleeping Dogs, everything else looks like shit.

I'm afraid to break this on you fags, but Audrey is a full blown SJW.

sex-positive or pearl-clutching shrill?

I want to have sex with Audrey

fucking nintendo that's some bullshit right there

THIS IS THE WORK OF SJWS

Read the article and/or the thread.

Nice clickbait.

Found more Titty Jewess. There don't seem to be a lot of screencaps of her from E3 though

user…

Is this where some PC guy gets kinda upset that Zelda doesn't come over to his wasted 2.5K USD rig?

It's like the devs have never been out away from light pollution at night
It gets very dark very fast, I think one of the only games where I've seen this done somewhat correctly is dragon's dogma

Financially casuals are the best thing that ever happened to Nintendo. They made a lot of money with the Wii and Pokémon.

Casuals are volatile, they will shower you with money when you make a new fad but they will quickly leave you in the dust as soon as the next fad comes.

Wow, no one read the article. I'm glad I barely come to this shit hole anymore. Holla Forums Holla Forums was for a fairly brief period so much better than any other game forums, sad this place has fallen so far.

My biggest gripe is that you can't get the room reservation from Anju as human (or whatever else). It honestly kills the charm from the scenario and dilutes her character. She's supposed to be so preoccupied that she doesn't even make the connection that someone named Goro is a Goron.

All I'm getting from the article is that Aonuma's a faggot.

People suck other companies' cock when they do stuff, but break out the torch and pitchfork for Nintendo.

Now, those that shit on other companies and Nintendo both, I can accept, as they are consistent. Blind anti-fanboyism and blind fanboyism are both shit.

Proof?

How new are you?

Some of the recoloring would be nice in the other pictures if the lighting wasn't completely ruined. But this picture is just fine, the original is obviously the product of shitty draw distance and hazy imagery.

Fuck off retard.

Read the thread you Niggers.

Holla Forums can't into art direction

Looks awesome. Didn't expect that music at all when the night cycle began. Was the background music added by the vid uploader or is it the game's OST? Honestly the tone of that music is pretty eerie and if it's official OST it flies in the face of what OP claims.

Girls and soft boys need games too and Nintendo provides. Now with the success of Pokemon Go, you can be sure the next piece of hardware will tie in or serve as a trophy cabinet for the game. It's just the route they went, and if grown adult still buy and play their products even better as special needs people need games as well. I see no problem here.

what the replaced version? The one you link is consistant with my memory.

MtheshadowtempleGA

What's her name?
I need it for research purposes

I think 'fickle' would be a better word for it

You can't?

I thought the situation was that you stole a room from a Goron named [player name]?

archive.is/tJwOD
OP is a faggot.

Yes they can't, but you can't either.

I was going to get mad at you for shitposting but then I remembered her nane is literally Cia

The only part of his statement I find fucking baffling.

I can't think of a Zelda game that DOESN'T have significant gameplay uses for the day/night cycle.

That's a pretty accurate representation of nighttime, assuming cloudless and with a little extra color added. Seems like a good sacrifice to make it more playable during real life daytime.

That music was added by the guy who made the video, we don't know much about the music for this game.

There, that's much better.

the first was meant to be a tech demo and still looks better than any game that ever actually came out

2014 Link is cute

I've been camping in a pine forest before dressed and living like vikings for a week because lol reenactment and it's only really dark for a couple of hours after the sun sets. After that the stars and the moon are bright enough to see almost as clear as day, only you can't tell colours apart.

You guys might be overreacting but I would like to touch on just a couple of things I've picked up over the years.

1) That graphical style lends a whole lot to each game. I don't think games like OoT and Majora's mask (just to stay on topic) would have the same atmosphere if given HD textures and modern textures. Especially when things are getting darker in those games because it lends to the surreal nature of it all. On top of that, your imagination is, unknowingly, filling in gaps for these graphical flaws and flubs and that is making you a bit more invested in what is going on.

2) The kidification of things is pretty much a trend we've been seeing in kids movies and other things for a long time now. At some point maybe in the late 90's or early 2000s western society decided that anything meant for children shouldn't have a hint of scariness or emotional challenge to it. No violence, no messages that people out there might try to hurt you for no real reason, nothing.
I have a theory that number 2 is a cause of all the SJWs and safe-space seekers.
The whole thing is odd to me because not enough time has passed to make sure all the old creators are gone and certainly the new creators would have grown up in that era of children's entertainment that had violence and such. But who knows?

3) Going back to point 1 for a bit, I think the increase in graphical ability is likely the direct reason why you're seeing so much outrage and censorship of "sexy" things. I have dubbed the phenomenon "shame boners" after the chimp out that one faggot did where he tried to equate people loving the big tittied sorceress from Dragon's Crown to pedophiles.
Basically the hysteria is because these things are looking more and more real. Tricking more and more "normalfags" into being aroused over things that aren't really there. Basically making them into being on the same level of the sad basement dwelling neckbeard nerd they are constantly trying to tell themselves, and others, they're better than. So the solution, when they pop one of these shame boners, is to lash out against it and cobble it into some sort of activist shit.
Basically its overcompensation for what they believe to be in themselves a moral failure of some sort.

4) Everyone bitching about this reminds me of the days when Wind Waker came out. Now pretty much everybody loves that game. Basically, stop getting your panties in a bunch over something graphical in a Zelda game. Nintendo is pretty good at keeping its styles consistent throughout the games.
Zelda doesn't need to be dark at night to be scary.
Unless you're some sort of faggot who is afraid of the dark by itself.

I shit on Nintendo because they've never made a game I cared about.

Coupled with their casual pandering shit (remember the Wii? Made me cringe) and the censorship stuff I hate their guts. Nintendo is everything that's wrong with the game industry.

Grow up kid, it's aged like fucking milk. Just because normalfags praise the shit out of it, doesn't mean it's good.

No, it's considered the worst 3D Zelda game by a ton of people around here. Summer can't end soon enough.

Manchildren are, unsurprisingly, somewhat childlike.

Are you dense ?
Wind Waker was hated when it released, but soon after it was largely considered like one of the best Zelda, it's the "The Thing" of video-game basically.

By normalfags that grew up with Gamecubes. It's a fucking shitty, content lacking, empty game.
kys

Post shirtless Link.

Yeah but who even had a GameCube? Thing sold like shit.

No, everyone agrees that's Skyward Sword. But you are right that people used to hate WW.

You can't say that unless you believe that Nintendo is responsible for most of the current cancerous trends in the industry; and if you do believe that, you are fucking retarded.

They ==STILL== do!
It didn't magically stop being shit just because the years passed.

the revised gamebuild where they fuck the fire temple music is actually dated before retail release

No

Souls came in and showed their faggot shit up

now they're making a watered down souls game

You know so much about the opinions of people on this board that you don't even know how to redtext properly.

This explains everything.

Most games that people considered to be Zelda like have little to no puzzles.

Go to more Zelda threads and lurk moar.

Hi mohammed.

epic comic bro xDDDDD

It is, he's just retarded.

NANE?

The plot twist that none of us saw coming

I've never seen someone look so badass while doing dumbbell shrugs before

You know it's true faggot.

I live 20 miles from any town, it's actually bright as shit on a clear night, moon or no moon. It's the stars that give the light, beautiful.

But it's not. A typo is understandable, but this is downright not knowing how the board functions. Redtext only works for full lines, anyone who has been here longer than a week knows this.

Shit. I never use redtext ever, and I still feel like a complete dumbass.

On the contrary; Why don't neckbeards accept that Nintendoshit is for kids?

The Wii you moron. Remember wii Fitness?

because Ninty throws us a bone every now and then

True. This thread is cuckchan-tier. It only lacks a gold face macro in the OP.

Subject:

A fabricated quote to b8 a flame war.Take this garbage thread to cuckchan.

Actually was seriously afraid of night in Zelda as a kid
Used to turn night to day or wait in town until it turned morning.
Still wait 12 hours in Fallout NV
I'm sorry Holla Forums

There's a reason a full moon has always been associated with rashes of night happenings.

When the moon is gone the night can be dark as fuck. Can't even see the hand in front your face dark.

YOU KNOW YOU HAVE TO SURVIVE

you know whats really scary? shutting down 2 fangames in a week

Oh hey. There are now 9-12 replies that actually read the article. Maybe the newfags may finally read the article and not misquote the devs like cucktaku.

Brave Little Toaster

tits or gtfo

Ocarina of Time had the Shadow Temple which was full of blood and guts and zombies. Don't even get me started on Majora's Mask.

Zelda games aren't meant to be super edgy and violent but there is meant to be darkness to the light. Even Windy Wacku had its scary moments.

nope, people want controversy and outrage, just like the "normalfags" some anons wants to feel so different from.

How is Brave Little Toaster scary at all?

The junkyard is terrifying.
There's the scene where the AC unit violently dies.
The musical numbers are generally really unsettling.
The whole movie has this great but terrible vibe of hopelessness to it.

run

So basically Nintendo wanted to make nighttime darker but it wouldn't work for gameplay reasons, mainly being unable to see, ergo dark and scary, so they ultimately made the dark brighter?
Putting aside the issue of, why does such a pointless clickbait tier article exist in the first place?

Then we come to this thread, OP being the faggot that he is decided to make some bait kotaku tier quote?
Anons are falling for it and OP has had much fun?
Is that the thread thus far?

I really enjoyed it as a kid.

Watching it again recently I still find it great and not at all terrifying.

Yes

refusing to play along with faggots and actually reading something before posting about it is autistic. you heard it here first folks

Everything is so saccharine these days. Kids can handle it, they're not innately averse to mature themes, scary imagery, and muted colours in movies and video games just like how they're not averse to shooting vermin and game, exploring the outdoors, and playing sports in reality. Without these things to build character: they grow up warped and weak.

Read the fucking article user. Long story short, producer went to the outdoors and liked the night lighting. So he used that lighting for the game. That's fucking it. Everything about the article and OP is clickbait.

Go back to freechan and stay there cancer maximum

Don't lower the bar anymore than it is, especially not during Summer.

Wind Waker is barren. No fucking content. A whole ocean and 90% of the islands have jackshit on them. Worst 3D Zelda, the praise for it now comes from autistic Youtube "personalities" like Arin

So it's okay when Satan does it, but not Lucifer?

I don't recall Arin ever praising Wind Waker. If he did, that's mighty ironic seeing as he doesn't actually know how to play it

It seems like Arin would praise it, because Arin's a fucking cunt like that. But he also sucks shit at every game he plays anyway. Youtube personalities in general have sparked the pro-Wind Waker sentiment, even though the game is barren, unfinished, piss easy even with puzzles, filled with padding, and lacking in anything impressive, innovative, or really memorable. It's a fucking waste.

Maybe if he didn't look like Michael Jackson with a tumor arm.

+1

That mask will always make me think of Hentai Kamen.

meanwhile 20 years ago
youtube.com/watch?v=UsHtXKaAeQI

So what is even the point of making clickbait thread on Holla Forums?

He said “We didn’t want to create something that was dark and scary." to op that translates to"Night time is too scary for our players!". This is cancer. Someone get this guy a job at buzzfeed.

Nice clickb8, OP. Nice job not glancing at the fucking article, Holla Forums. Faggots.