/gsg/ general

Archive
(Download links/guides here)
mega.co.nz/#F!WZZFXDyT!yyb25ZuLdLs0B8vhoKS3LA
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

Today on history: Berlin is divided(1961)

Shortly after midnight on this day in 1961, East German soldiers begin laying down barbed wire and bricks as a barrier between Soviet-controlled East Berlin and the democratic western section of the city.

Since the other is autosaging and bound to disappear soon.

Other urls found in this thread:

my.mixtape.moe/wfrrul.hoi3
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tokugawa_Tsunayoshi#Shogun_.281680.E2.80.931709.29
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horses_in_the_Middle_Ages#Types_of_horse
steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=738519002
my.mixtape.moe/zjniwp.7z
my.mixtape.moe/bnlkaf.hoi3
my.mixtape.moe/aybbgo.7z
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bogomilism
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nestorianism
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catharism
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fraticelli
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcionism
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monophysitism
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miaphysitism
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Thomas_Christians
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hussites
my.mixtape.moe/nrbfnr.7z
equip.org/article/a-defense-of-sola-scriptura/
bible.ca/cath-overview-false-teaching.htm
breitbart.com/national-security/2014/08/13/pope-francis-visits-south-korea-protestants-protest-north-koreans-refuse-invite/
blogs.wsj.com/korearealtime/2014/08/16/south-koreas-protestants-struggle-as-catholics-grab-spotlight/
shoebat.com/2014/05/06/sexual-abuse-protestant-churches-catholic/
please
catholic.com/magazine/articles/not-by-scripture-alone
my.mixtape.moe/qbsnoq.hoi3
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Our weekly HOI3 MP game is to start in 10 min.

my.mixtape.moe/wfrrul.hoi3
mp_Germany1940_04_11_03.hoi3

Countries in use:

Only 5 players have showed up so far.

Is that UK/USA/Australia all as opposed factions?

I support an Anglo 3-way.

Absolutely disgusting. What have you done. WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?

China here. Just got back from work. This should only be a problem again on the 27th and then September 3rd. I'm guessing you guys are playing a random HOI game now

We're about to start the random game if you want to hop on the discord

We're still hosting. Get on Discord.

The random mod kept crashing on me last time we played so go on without me.

So for nearly a hundred years now the Aragonese fags are ALWAYS elected as the god-emperors of the krauts. Any ideas why is this happening? I know I nabbed Vienna around that time, but I'm not sure if it really was that (Since in other playthroughs I've completely gobbled Austrialia which makes Brandenburg the emperors)

It's pretty funny since it fucked Castile's shit up pretty fucking hard, as they became basically untouchable, this one time they even managed to nearly absorb Castile. No idea how or why they got smaller though.

Don't you also need to have London as a core to form Rome?

There are 2 options to pick, one is from the Extended Timeline mod and it requires you to start as Byzantium and own all the Balkans, Anatolia and Italy. The other is for non-byz; you gotta own Iberia, France and England as well as Anatolia and all that shit.

I'm playing to to try EU3 but i wanted to know, what nations are adequate at every style of play (colonization, military action close to home, mercantile, diplomacy etc.?) so i can find what way of playing i'm good at.

We're probably not going to be able to continue our vanilla game. When we hosted today, we had Germany, UK, France, USA, Spain, and SU. There's no way to make this balanced. We opted to play RH instead, which not everyone was able to join.

Where do we go from here?

EU3 is so broad and open ended that there's a huge range of ways to play each nation. If you want something specific, look at the country guides in the wiki.

So I understand Conclave sucks ass in CK2, is Mare Nostrum in EUIV good or should I stick to Cossacks?

Mare Nostrum is pretty useless but it does add a few neat things here and there to the game, such as the ability to steal maps and shit like that.

It's nowhere near conclave's level of bullshit so it's safe to get it.

I like the council mechanics from Conclave. Powerful vassals should be able to fuck up their liege together. Though I have no experience with the shitty seeming infamy mechanics because all mods I've played remove them. Also the shattered retreat is curbed a lot. The feminism laws are a waste of everyone's time too.

For it's price it's a shit DLC, but who gives money to Paradox these days?

Cant post pics but it was a fun one

Its a fun game but sadly it involved playing as mudlimes. It sucks georgia is so weak though

Every fucking time

got my own:
One of the best playthroughs I've had, and one of the hardest, as you have to play the role of mother hen and guard the borders both inside and outside of the member states, but this time, the chicks HATE the hen, and the hen is all too eager to rip them a new asshole for disobeying

Sometimes the game hands you such a large opportunity at the start that you cruise through the rest

In your opinion which nation is the hardest to play?

Are there any mods for HoI 4 yet? Getting tired of Darkest Hour.

Well, thanks to the utterly retarded decision to keep old unit types even after westernising, any non-western nation is hard during end game, unless oyu already wiped all of Erope out by then. In the beginning, it's probably Byzantium or Albania due to Ottomans and Venice muscling in everywhere, and being too weak to take on either of them (still, it's very doable if you play your cards right). As for midgame, probably Bohemia or any other country in HRE that doesn't have the germanic culture group (provided you are planning to reform the HRE. If you just want to ignore HRE altogether, it's pretty easy).

You can of course also try countries like Ryukyu or Huron, and try beating westeners with savages, but I never found these games fun – in America it's a waiting game where you do nothing, and the fareast is very low on flavour when compared to Europe.

Very fucking true on the waiting game part. Im suprised the whole aspecr of colonizing is so empty and devoid of choice or special opportunities. Its very much just a slog to get to 1000 and none of the colonization events hold real impact. Its the most dissapointing part of the game to me tbh.

Also byzantium is doable when you get the right alliances and when you reclaim your cores in greece youre good to go. Albania might be like that yeah.

But the core problem of eu4 is that

THERE IS FAR TOO LITTLE PLAYER IMPUT OUTSIDE OF WARS AND THE GAME DOESNT FEEL ALIVE AT PEACETIME

The whole piece time building and colonizong and trade is so lacking i find it to be a speed 5 simulator at peace.

Plus coring requiring admin points making them super fucking valuable while dip points are just unimportant.

It's realistic though. Why would you get western units just because you westernized? That's certainly not how it happened in real life. The primitive nations that westernized and started using guns and other high technology, still never achieved the same level of quality for their army as Europeans.

So it makes sense for Europeans only to have western units, with higher fire and shock values.

actually that might be fun so long as you take appropraite penalties to your society for having - hahahahaha like swedecucks would actually implement the realistic effects letting women run things has on civilization

lmao fam

Anyone know how to view Province IDs in HoI4? These states are bugging the shit out of me and I want to change them.

They do add penalties though, just dumb ones. Like corruption for overextension. It's fucking annoying and makes no sense. How does taking land in war make your government more corrupt.

diplo points are pretty important if you plan to culture convert and have a navy. Of all the points, it's prboably the military ones that have little use - technology, ideas, generals, and that's all one will ever use it for

I'd say that one of the parts of westernising should be bringing your army to western standards. It sucks dick when you conquer half of Europe with fully westernised Ethiopia, yet still cannot field better units than disorganised chimps with guns that get raped by westeners even with massive number advantage

Due to warfare in CK2 being focused on blitzkriegs (rush in with your doomstack before the enemy even forms his army, take six holdings, peace out), I don't have trouble taking even 100% infamy coalitions on. It's pretty much the entire world against you, but who cares about HRE doomstack slowly sieging your holdings in italy, when your own doomstack is assaulting one holding after another in mesopotamia? The coalition is an irritating pest at worst.

First thing I usually do is institute absolute rulership, so that I needn't care about who is on the council. Realm peace is pretty powerful, however, and may be worth dealing with the pests on the council.

wait until you see the next one. It's literally just a bunch of events and portraits + bugfixes and the like

You must've dissatisfied your merchants for not giving them enough diplo points

It seems the coalition mechanics were heavily altered in a patch, so I'm not exactly up to date how they work.

Obviously, but as a vassal it's fun.

Indeed, only real new mechanics are making diseases matter a bit. All the other stuff is trivial and has comparable and propably better implemented alternatives in most big mods.

Exactly like alliances. And I mean exactly. Whenever oyu attack one guy in the coalition against you, all the other members get treated like they are in the alliance with him.

Don't forget the memes

Well it makes sense that you can't build boats as primitives. Negroes or Amerindians never invented boats.

Anyone know why my State name string isn't being interpreted, even after adding a new text file in localisations in the same format as the game's original files?

Those stats are all wrong. There should be a trait added for genuine insanity induced by the Toxoplasmosis.

Plus, French were busy burning cats in baskets.

Most people in agrarian societies would have had the particular toxoplasmosis parasite you are talking about. It causing insanity/homosexuality/decay of civilization is a meme.

Toxoplasmosis is a meme. There are over 60 millions infected by it in the US alone, and all it does is make them slightly bigger risk takers. It doesn't make you go insane, merely a little more reckless.

The dev explained the trait by linking a dailymail article about how cat owners are generally smarter than dog owners, and somehow rationalised from this that getting a cat makes you smarter.

Now, don't make me wrong, I fucking love cats, but this is some retarded bullshit.

The minimal intrigue bonus would be thematically appropriate but the explanation is quite shitty.

The game is telling you that there never was and never shall be such a land as "Ireland".

Yeah, it's obvious that that's the theme, but it's still stupid. I liked the later interaction better - supposedly, having a lot of cats during a plague will protect you from it, due to cats killing all the rats, but the peasants will think the cats are bringers of bad luck and will demand you get rid of them

D-dubs confirm I suppose.

What amazes me that they bother advertising this barely branching event chain someone could have cobbled up in half an hour.

What's going on with Robmod/Vickymod? Has development stopped?

Who cares when you have H.P.M.

Though I'm a bit disappointed that almost no one's using Big Square Frames mod lately.

If you look at dev diaries, half of them are only talking about a particular event chain. They ran out of ideas.

They should expand the map even more, those are easy to market. Game about crusading kings? Have a poorly implemented China and the Americas.

Oh yeah, that reminds me. Did the guy ever add in the "Restore the Spanish Empire" decision?

Also Dailymail is a retarded source. Obviously dog owners are smarter. Dogs wouldn't even exist if Europeans hadn't domesticated wolves. The entire existence of the dog species is solely to be friends of humans.

You are sarcastic now, but they actually do plan to expand the map even more. I assume one expansion will let you play theocracies (finally), and the others will try to rework the steppes again, or add Tibet. Or, hell, maybe they'll add more Africa

Sorry that's fucking stupid.

Dogs tend to be for extroverts and Cats for introverts. Introverts tend to be considered smarter. This means that Cat owners are smarter on average than Dog owners. This doesn't mean that buying a cat magically makes you smarter, which is what Paradox seems to think.

Not enough. The church and the secular rule are still not as intervined as it should have been from the start to properly represent western Europe during the time period.

Propably something like Sunset Invasion with Bantu invasion of Europe as pre-emptive paypack for colonization.

I hope not. I always forget to turn that fucking DLC off, and then despair when I see those fucks arrive 300 years into the game.

I would think that after the backlash with Sunset Invasion, and performance problems with Rajas of India, they'd know better, but this is Paradox, so who knows?

Speaking of performance, the next DLC is supposed to speed the game up by 50% (they essentially made the game kill of unimportant characters faster and more aggressively, so there will only be about 50% of them during the game than there are now)

One of the worst problems was with the Greek related updates and DLC.

There was a constant calculation being made regarding mutilation and castration- the slowdown was massive.

The problem isn't courtiers not dying fast enough, but the game insisting on keeping the court population high. The mod attempts to increase performance by killing of unimportant courtiers have led to worse performance because the game just spawns even more characters and the game keeps the dead characters in memory regardless. What they should do is just delete unimportant characters not in players realm altogether and explain it with it with them becoming lesser nobility/freemen.

No your theory is even dumber. There is no way cat owners on average are smarter, almost all of them are idiots.

There's no logic to any of it. It's a joke.

As for dogs- dog owners would have stats based on breed of dog or and/or horse.
Cat owners shouldn't be inherently smart, but should be more prone to a bookish trait, or a curiosity trait.

Crazy cat people should just be crazy.

See Dog Shogun: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tokugawa_Tsunayoshi#Shogun_.281680.E2.80.931709.29

There's also the issue of proto-Corgis and Swedish valhunds- since they don't have a known purpose besides some shit about elves.

Whereas a proto-dachshund would dig out badgers and be genuinely mean to strangers; making the owner difficult to approach.

cats +1 intrigue, dogs +1 martial is what will happen
mark my words

Not dank enough for Wiz & Johan.

They'd make it suitably generic, yes.

Ideally, however:

Cats= No additional stats. Reduced social stats related to not participating in cat burning. Plus the plague events in place.

Added odds for new event chains related to trait types such as bookish, curiosity, paranoia, recluse, and sloth.

Dogs: types- hunting dogs, toy dogs, wolfhounds, Valhunds, pitdogs (cock fighting events), and all sorts- the Pyrenees mountain dog for instance would give a better score to the owner and any children they're raising based on its protective family qualities.

Swiss regions with the correct dog events would have Swiss mountain dogs, increasing tax base from the added labour.

Then there's horses.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horses_in_the_Middle_Ages#Types_of_horse

Now that would be confusing to make sense of.

Thank God. I as getting tired of the midgame breakneck speed of 2 days per second.

D-do you like my borders now, /gsg/-kun?

vomit/10

No, it might be even worse than the last one. South America, for example, is utterly retarded. Brazil split between France and germany - why? Are you just putting Germany anywhere where you ran out of ideas?

Maybe in South America, but the majority of their other colonies were either German at some point in real life or inherited from an annexed nation. The only areas I really had trouble with were South America and the Middle East. I didn't want to have any independent shitskins, but that makes it difficult to avoid hideous blobbing.

It's still shit. The only real improvement is adding Denmark to Scandinavia isntead of Germany and giving Sakhalin to Japan.
What is the state between Germany and Russia supposed to be, anyway?

As it should be.

Better than dividing the Balkans into a dozen smaller states or letting another country blob into the area.

I understand your frustration.

Polish buffer state.

It's barely Polish and barely a buffer.

Too much German blobbing in mainland Europe. 'At one point' is not necessarily an argument for 'resumedly so.' I can understand the Low Countries, but I can't tell whether you properly gave the Walloons to France or not. And particularly, that small Poland is far too small, and there's no Bohemia-Moravia. There should be a jointly-held Polish corridor for sea access. Byzantium shouldn't just be eating up Persia; it should be an east-west buffer, an independent regional power, possibly holding onto Iraq. Afghanistan STILL being the graveyard of empires in blobworld really tickles my funnybone. South Americas' partition is hideous, make it some kind of union state. Russia has little business in Finland if there's a Scandinavian state it could be in union with instead, and furthermore it's peculiar that they're holding onto Mongolia instead of Japan. The survival of Great Britain is very dubiously valuable unless it's become some kind of Mosleyan road-to-independence uplift operation. The maintaining of South Asian colonial borders is a bit ugly. The Cascadian strip going up into Alaska is very peculiar and not very aesthetic, it's insensible that the Commonwealth would just give it up. The Balts should be a contested sphereling playing off Germans, Russians & Scandinavians.

In short; far too much colonialism, most all of which is divided on a 'first come, first served' basis for their 'idealness.' Too many dubious blobs. A couple minor blobs that aren't extant or aren't big enough. Very arbitrarily drawn, presumably coming from a turn-of-the-century divergence and therefore squashing very well-formed nations for the sake of consolidation of map colors. Too many non-Germans under direct rule of Germans rather than as puppets, allies or spherelings, likely limply citing both the HRE and Prussia (or in one case 'I didn't want Brazil on the map and Spain was too big') with the only really acceptable case for full annexation being the Low Countries, maybe, being ethnically German if culturally distinct and with their own conception of nationhood preexisting and continuing through the annexation.

Pardon, POST-turn of the century divergence. Faffed that up while revising.

Autism

A good breakdown. I mean if user was simply going for "Let's make blobs!", he may have as well just have painted the entire map gray. If not, then especially the eastern borders of Germany need serious fixing (along with aforementioned other issues) and I'm not entirely sold on German Indonesia. Brits, Japan, and France all already have their fingers in that pie, and Germany looks like it'd have enough issues with holding onto their european territory and African colonies, without Indonesia really bringing anything significant into the mix (spice trade isn't as profitable as it used to, after all). Perhaps making it independent and giving it some of the British colonies in New guinea and Borneo?

Byzantiblob is also quite hideous. I mean either do New Rome properly, or don't do it at all – right now it's Greece alone governing all of middle east. Muslims would tear that country apart in a matter of weeks - there's just not enough Greeks to police something of that size, especially when every muslim in the world is extremely pissed at them for taking Mecca. Losing Persia, Arabia, and Egypt, while keeping Anatolia, Levant, and Mesopotamia might be more doable, albeit even that would already prove a challenge.

New revision, now with more colors. I refuse to deny Russia their rightful Baltic clay or give Poland sea access. Byzantine blob was a mistake though, I will admit that.

It's inherited by the annexation/union, one supposes. Still ugly compared to it going to Japan.

True. It'd be a bit shaky.

No, but crude oil would be highly useful to Germany, so it's not like it doesn't have utility. Rather why one of the current gamey things to do in shitass HoI IV is to anschluss the Netherlands in a limited war before world tension gets high enough that you don't get colonies from it.

Defeats the point of the consolidation/'ideal border' theme going on. An Indonesiablob is not going to be well-received by any of its neighbors or any other nations annexed into it, being majority Muslim. Falling into similar thinking to bloborderanon, here.

This is rather why I don't like it. Aesthetically, it's not terrible, although the border with Italian Egypt is kinda ugly. No, the problem is that it goes well beyond any realistic fulfillment of the Megali Ideal. Eat up the Greek coasts of Anatolia and leave a Turkish rump state, or at most push all the way through Turkey proper and be prepared for Afghanistan lite. The Middle East- seeing as there is no Israel in need of surrounding and breaking up- can itself either be broken up along ethnic or cultural lines, or merged into a westernized secular Arab nationalist blob. Maybe a Persian-Iraqi union could be contrived, seeing as both are Shia majority, although the latter only narrowly by now. I'm not certain how deep the modern rivalry runs, as Baghdad changed hands a few times over the lifetime of the so-called Gunpowder Empires, and I imagine but am not certain a great deal of it came from the wars contrived for the Yinon Plan.

Improved, but not quite far enough. Balance out Russia's finno-ugric blobbing already and get them out of the Three Isthmuses, give Poland a joint corridor (grey-tan striped) and bring the Greeks up into Anatolia only. To what degree there is or is not a Turkish rump is at your discretion. What you do with the Iraqis and the Levantines after is at your discretion, although I've already spitballed above. A shaky toehold in Jerusalem by the Greeks is acceptable to remain. Break Mongolia off to Japan, giving Russia a pair of regional rivals for its Eastern adventures in Japan and China. Kick France out of Brazil; they're big enough that they might run a parafascist regime of their own in this world. And why is Britain blobbing so hard in South America, anyways? What's the basis?

I suppose it's to piss Argentinians off.

To compensate for the reduced British presence in Africa and because it seemed like a reasonable way to partition South America.

That was my most immediate thought. Make everything the Falklands.

How is that reasonable? You're just throwing shit at Britain because you need a bunch of 'ideal blobs' that are balanced against one another, with few or no secondary powers and a number of countries gobbled up partly for sheer proximity's sake or in Britain's so that they can have global naval coverage. More than usual, at that.

I'll stick to some of the more modestly split up post-Axis victory Reichskommisariat-into-pseudo-East Bloc maps for my ideal borders, if you don't mind.

Hey /gsg/fags, does anyone know a good graphical changeing mod?
There was Danevang's Map Fertilizer but the links are not working.

If Germany doesn't hold the entirety of Mitteleuropa it's a shit world.

Crusader Kings 2 is great for roleplaying an insane commander of France who has a 40 in Martial skill because Jesus spoke to him.

My first ever instance of possession happened as described in . I went back to before I heard the voice of Satan but after I became possessed in the hopes of getting some more unique events to fire, but no such luck.

How rare is it for a voice of Satan/Jesus to happen to a possessed character?

Damned if I know.
But its fun either way isn't it? :^)

Enjoy the lategame user, because the muslims and indians are going to absolutely destroy your performance.

Do people really play all the way through CK2? You need to intentionally fuck up constantly to keep a game interesting for more than few generations, even with one castle count start.

The later start dates are a blessing.

This. Took me a while to get past the 'later start date means less time for fun!' mindset. I actually played through all of CK2, although that was before the Old Gods, and ended up by conquering literally the entire map, and I still had a century of time to spare. I think it was at that point when I realised that even the last start date gives you more than enough time to do the majority of things you'd like to do

Honestly, I think Iron manning is kind of fun. Especially when your continent spanning empire fractures into 8 or so different realms.

Iron man always pisses me off with some RNG bullshit, such as ruler dying of natural causes in his 40s

Eh, not too far off from what could happen to a ruler during this time frame. Should point out I mean in the sense of not just save scumming, not actually turning the game on Iron man mode.

I can't help myself. I always fill my realm with my dynasty, so the empire breaking up is only a temporary setback no matter what.

Dynasties should have branching out mechanics. The great great grandson of your characters great great grandfather's cousin that was given a barony in bumfuck nowhere a century ago shouldn't really count as your dynasty anymore.

Git Gud faggot. The conclave is actually a nice implementation

Abolishing council power as the overlord is the optimal way to play. Can't git more gud than that.

I like the mechanics, though. Wrangling the control out of the council's hands after taking over as a vassal using the council was fun.

Trento is Austrian clay, and Austria is German clay.

That's like playing with primogeniture. Is babby first game
Managing 3 powerful shitty vassal in the councils because risk of rebellion while the best guy sits on the bench, and giving more idea to plot kill, corrupt or even give land is way better, and even have to make you concentrate more in the inside politics rather than blobbing outside immediately you reach king level
rest of the update like wymen rights and increase in Jew malus if kicked them out or infamy or shadreed retreat is retarded tho

Your logic is retarded. Maybe you tried to say that abolishing the council makes the game less fun.

Take a good look at this faggot. Next you gonna tell me that Nizza is French clay Lugano is Swiss and the cost of the Adriatic isn't Italian by rights.

I understand you don't want to leave "independent" countries, but stop shitting up South America. As a hue, this is incredibly cringey.

Your South American borders will always be shit while you keep trying to make everyone a colony for no other reason than giving majors more territory. You might as well make a new Axis country with Argentina, Uruguay and the routh/southeast of Brazil, while the rest go full commie.

Nope, what I'm saying is that you remove a part of the game because you can't manage it. Why not doing the same with wife cheating or intrigue?
You can't simply play the game in easy mode and then claim is shit or you are good at it user. You simply don't play

Gimping yourself would be like not upgrading your own holdings. Gimping yourself is like using only half A press on a arcade. Locking the councils is like putting the game in self play mode and just watch a painting simulator

Alright, you insist on being retarded.

Play a better game losers.

Brazil can exist if you people really think that's a good idea. I also decided to liberate Holland and return Bohemia to the krauts because I hate the way Germany looks otherwise.

Where do I say some mechanics are mode valids?
I'm the one playing with all the mechanics of the game instead of removing them and then not using the at all and then complain on a Siberian wall painting

ahahhahahahahahhahah
implying I don do both

You are claiming the abolishing of council power isn't a game mechanic, pretending it's just an option in a menu. I guess you are doing this to feel good for "being better" at the game than the other user. You propably run into projectiles in FPSs and claim others didn't "git gud" because they can't handle taking additional damage.

Much better, even if it's really hard to justify Spain/Netherlands managing to keep any overseas territories at all(and no intervention of the US as well).

I won't get into south american history/politics because no one cares(and the borders look decent), but every SA block has deep internal grudges.

No you dickbag. Using the mechanic to remove the council is a thing. But doing it constantly because it's "optimal" way to play it using it as option menu, and effectively removing the mechanic from the game is retarded as using constantly primogeniture therefor removing the inheritance mechanic

pre-warscape Total War is better than /gsg/ imo

It's a much more immersive experience™

If they could fix the diplo I would agree but hey. Will never be

I dunno, the terrible borders, awful AI in campaign and battle, rampant AI cheating and lack of any real diplomatic systems really hamper my enjoyment.

How? It's done really well actually.

The Alexander expansion gives better AI.

The only legit complaint is diplomacy, but who the fuck cares about that when you can have WAR? The basics of diplomacy (trade, alliances, information) is there. What else do you want?

If you want to discuss Austrian economics maybe you should be a politician, not play video games.

so i just found out that there's an avatar the last airbender overhaul for CK2
i tried playing as the southern air temple shortly before the fire nation starts it's conquest
i was doing fine, managed to take 3 earth kingdom lands, although somehow each of them ends up having as big of an army as all the southern air temple islands
but the moment the fire nation declared the beginning of the airbender holocaust we pretty much died
they sent a 5 thousand man army against us, and we were just finishing a war with one of the earth kingdom tribes, so i only had a thousand left
no amount of field bonuses could save us
even at my best i could only reach 2.7k people in my army
so we lost pretty quickly
i probably should have just started out as some random earth kingdom tribe, they're all split up and aren't the initial target of the fire nation, so i could probably have had an easier time building up my kingdom there, in preparation for the fire nation

They're okay. The Total War 2 modded map is more like what you want, and is just as good as the E.U. Rome R.o.t.A. boarders.

Varies. Alexander A.I. is a bit better and less aggressive than the Barbarian Invasion A.I. at the cost of features.

X.G.M. and Cultures Mod let you disable the A.I. buildings that grant advantages.

Yep, you even have to technically cheat to make peace with a buffer state. Not to mention make peace with defeated factions.

Why not a screenshot instead of a blurry watermarked one?

That all just sounds awful. And CK2 has the shittiest naval mechanics.

>>>Holla Forums

Still, RTW has good civic graphs and a decent POP system.

What annoys me about Barbarian Invasion was squalor in X.G.M. I'd be doing fine, then go into the red. So I just allow an uprising, enslave my capital for the 5th time, and all was mediocre profits for a while.

No consequences for going genocidal against my cores regularly. It felt like a necessity though as a means of waste management.

rate my europe.
It is orthodox.

because i just got the image from google after i quit the game
and i didn't feel like bothering to turn the game back on just to take a screenshot

As if I'd ever let anybody in my realm ever have a say in anything. Whenever a duke takes a province that doesn't belong to him, even in a large empire, he gets immediatelly branded traitor, revoked title, and executed/banished. And now you say I should let my vassals decide on wars and such?

I care about the number and historical accuracy of provinces, but don't really give a crap about how they look. I was perfectly fine with how EU3's map looked like.

If the AI wasn't so retarded, I'd probably auto-reslove every single battle. The first few are amusing enough, but then they just get boring, and hinder me from enjoying what I actually want from the game, which is playing on the overworld map.

That's really not nearly enough. In most GSGs, the map has hundreds of nations.

same as with most GSGs, like vicky or EU

almost every GSG has that

War is fine and all, but gets kind of dull when it's the only thing the game has to offer. We want more.

If you cannot understand that different people have different tastes, maybe you should kill yourself, not shit up a gsg thread.

alright, this time i started from a single tribal settlement in the desert in the earth kingdom
i'm slowly taking over the other tribes with little resistance
however, we're tribal and i have no vassals
if i give any of my land to anyone, they become independant, rather than becoming my vassals
is there any way i can convert from tribal to some other form of government?

The reason you can't give any land to vassals is because you are a count, not because you're a tribal. No idea how to convert from tribal to whatever else in the avatar mod though.

"There shall be no annexations, no contributions, no punitive damage. Peoples are not to be handed about from one sovereignty to another by an international conference or an understanding between rivals and antagonists. National aspirations must be respected; peoples may now be dominated and governed only by their own consent. Self-determination is not a mere phrase. It is an imperative principle of actions which statesmen will henceforth ignore at their peril. We cannot have general peace for the asking, or by the mere arrangements of a peace conference. It cannot be pieced together out of individual understandings between powerful states. All parties must join in the settlement of every issue anywhere involved in it; because what we are seeing is a peace that we can all unite to guarantee and maintain and every item of it must be submitted to the common judgment whether it be right and fair, an act of justice, rather than a bargain between sovereigns."

–Bilbo Baggins

Germany should've gotten a split too, to be on par with France, but otherwise it looks fairly okay in the sense that playing on such a map would probably be fun.

As for the quote, I disagree. War and conquest gave birth to many today's cultures, eliminated many others, fueled interaction between them and innovation… War is change, and change prevents stagnation and decay. Striving for permanent peace is folly, and leads to most of the western decadence and weakness that we can see today.

Also, I love how you, despite splitting everything, still gave Crimea to Russia.

I vomited.

Not good enough.

There's no Gibraltar, no Atlantic City Free State (Casino Republic City State), no Friesland, no Bavaria, no Taiwan, and no Crimean Free State .

8/10 La Plata, and nice Ainu/Ezo Republic.

New to the genre, tried eu4 and ck2 hated both of them (especially that roleplaying pleb shit ck2) but I fucking love Victoria 2 its amazing. Is HOI3 even better?

I feel like the economy gets out of whack late game though (playing HPM) anyone else feel the same way?

Playing Greece meant sitting back researching shit and letting the crisis give me back some territory, then colonizing and then kicking ass

HoI3 is a lot shorter, but you're spared the A.I. of a Darkest Hour long campaign- 1914 - 1990.

Your main concern in it is learning the Order of Battle system, and setting up appropriate chains of command- this means the hard part is the start when you pause and rearrange your infantry & generals for an hour.

That means you make a save just for finishing this part. And every unit needs to boarder a province with its H.Q.

Then how come you've given Poland a bunch of clay inhabited by majority Germans, and in some cases with no Polish inhabitants at all?

Give them Poland and give Lithuania that little nub at the top of Ostpreussen but every other bit of Prussian clay should remain German.

Same goes for the Sudetenland.

I know Germans have been genocided out of these lands more recently, but they really should have them back.

Your North American divisions are retarded. Why are the Canadian maritimes being grouped with America and southern Ontario? We have our own particular culture and ethnic background and it's not in common with those regions. NB, NS, N&L, and PEI should be their own nation.

Instead of HOI3 play Darkest Hour, you will probably like it a lot more and it is a more complex game outside of combat. And frankly grand strategies are a lot about "roleplaying."

I apologize profusely for forgetting the entrepreneurial Gibraltarians, the noble Frisians, and the adventurous and rugged Maritimers. They will all have a place at the negotiating table, the first two right in between the Ethiopians and the Haraza, and the Maritimers between Luristan and Nilotia (alphabetical order, you know). However, the Crimean peninsula is Russian.

Putting my autistic shitposting aside, you have a point. One of the reasons some colonized regions are a cluserfuck of ethnic tension is because they were colonized before their wars could reach a level of devastation that leave one culture dominant and prosperous. Even after dividing everything, the independent Sulawesi still contains dozens of different cultures. And I agree about innovation, before people even had a concept of scientific advancement and it being a good thing, war drove them forward (although that raises the question: if we now understand that innovation is a good thing in itself, do we still need war for that purpose?). I'm not convinced by Mussolini's complete rejection of peace (good policy if you can win, but it didn't work out for Italy), but a complete rejection of war poses its own problems. WW's intention was to prevent governments and the governed from being different cultures, which at least starts to solve the issues that caused WWI.

Sorry, but just as France doesn't get Acadia and Portugal doesn't get Mozambique, if Germans are from a place ausgerotten, then that place is no longer Germany. That's the hard truth of life, Hitler himself could have told you that. If the estimated 400,000-500,000 remaining Germans in Poland today wish to be annexed to Germany, they'll have to migrate to a place in Poland where they'd make up a majority. As it stands, a 2002 census found that the largest ethnic German concentration currently inhabits the Opole Voivodeship, 100,000 individuals, at 10% of the population. You gotta do better than that for Lebensraum.

Would you say that Maine, New Hampshire, and Vermont share Maritime culture as
has it? I can see Maine, but don't know enough about the other two. What does Maritime culture mean to you? Wax poetic, give us some national literature to inspire your countrymen.

*ausgerottet

I'm so fucking terrible at German.

2/10, it's shit.

do i have to conquer the entire earth kingdom to become anything bigger than count then?

do i have to conquer the entire earth kingdom to become anything bigger than count then?

War would greatly speed it up, but the bigger benefit of it is the breaking of long term status quo. Complacency and stillness give birth to decandence, and give room to governments to strip away population's rights by giving them cheap and addictive luxuries, and to dilute nationaistic spirit in favour of globalism and multiculturalism. You can't do those things during a serious war, where your military is pushed to the limit, and your own borders are threatened. Decadent bullshit and retardation about pronouns and radfem crap? Who the fuck has time for that when the enemy is at the door? Bribing the population with luxuxries? How when the country experiences various shortages, and the budget is already running a debt? Diluting nationalism? Hell no! The national spirit needs to be strong in order to defeat our foes.

Peace is necessary, in order for a country to recuperate from a previous war, and prepare itself for the next one. It becomes obvious when one starts seeing things on a larger timescale: money, infrastructure, human lives, all those are temporary resources that can and always are fixed or replaced during the after-war years. Land, however, is a permanent resource that is finite in supply, and lasts forever. Nobody cares today how many people died in Russian conquest/colonisation of Siberia or how much money it cost. What they care about is that Russia got it, and is now free to use it however it wishes to. The cost of the action had proven itself irrelevant in the long term, but the gain stays important even centuries later.

Tips for playing Naples in Europa Universalis 3 or 4?

Enjoy the coalitions

Fucking victoria 2

The roaches decrease the value of the land.

Haven't been to this general in a while, are we more alive now? Also is the board /gsg/ still dead?

HPM removes the Byzantine decision.

Thing is, those are lands that are now squatted on by Poles. I can see Czechs keeping the Sudetenland since it's inhabited by Czechs now so at least it's being put to use, but land inhabited by Poles is basically land being put to waste when it could be inhabited by humans instead.

No, I'd say they have a New England culture, which is very different.

Best way to get a feel for the Maritimes is to listen to some Stan Rogers.

the board is dead and forgotten, the thread is chugging along like it always did.

Why such hate on Poles, user?

Because they are historic enemies of the Germanic peoples (and present enemies seeing as they're still squatting on Prussian land) and are to this day opposed to Germanic nationalism. Moreover there is nothing about them that has any value. No ground-shaking inventions or discoveries (to the point that they even try to claim Nikolaus Kopernikus was Polish), no great literature, pitiful second-rate artwork, their one empire was riddled with usurious Jews who the Poles happily buddied up to, their language sounds like shit, etc.

And when Hitler extended a hand of friendship to them that would have let them keep all their stolen Versailles clay, and stand together against Communism, they spat on him and started slaughtering Germans in their homes. Then stay butthurt to this day about the fact that the Germans invaded instead of standing idly by. Oh, and of course they also deny their massacres of Germans.

They are basically a vermin infesting Europe, they are the northern turks. Swedish Deluge best days of my life.

Maximum butthurt

Germans are the niggers of Europe. Poland deserved to be great.

This guy gets it. The only reason Poland should ever exist is to have a buffer between Germany and Russia.

niemcy pls

Coming up next on EVROPA

TBH I think Poland looked pretty good under Imperial Russian & Habsburg rule.

This bait is masterfully crafted. I'm surprised no-one has caught on yet.

Anyone got that webm of some tard zooming out of the Balkans and noticing he lost half of Germany?

Also what's his name.

Most likely Arumba

paradox games have become too simple. Recommend me some non- swedecuck produced Grand strat games, the more detailed and autistic the better. Not Aurora.

Soo, Yugoslavia in HoI4 is pretty shit, nobody except Yugoslavia has cores on Bosnia, Macedonia, and Montenegro.

Thinking of adding Serbian claims (not cores, unless cores are required for releasing puppet states) on Bosnia and Montenegro, Croatian claims on Bosnia, and Bulgarian claims on Macedonia.

What else?

Everyone should have claims on Macedonia

Aurora

Distant Worlds: Universe

what the fuck am i missing
i'm playing ck2 with the avatar mod
my tribal lands have conquered most of the earth kingdom desert
my capital has a maxed out stone hillfort
i've reached absolute tribal organization
it even says that once i change the organization to it, i should have the option to adopt feudalism
but in my intrigue tab i still can't see that option anywhere

Why not just play the earlier games. For the Glory, CK:DV, Ricky, and DH are miles better than their 3D trash sequels.

Revolution under Siege

Isn't that more of a wargame?

Ageod games are pretty shit in general.

Might want to check wherever you got that mod from. Might be they actually removed the decision, I'm pretty sure that's possible. Especially considering the fact that a tribal ruler normally already has the decision greyed out in their intrigue tab even without meeting the requirements; at least unless Johan changed that, after reading up on Conclave I decided to become forever-2.4.5

Absolutely ruined it. It would have been perfect otherwise.

AI invests in larger armies earlier when nearby low trust OR human players
if you mean 'playing georgia I always get raped by QQ', efficient use of mercs and wars is a big part of it, AI will go full bitchmode and 500 zenny into debt if it's defending
EU4 has slowly turned into one of the least historic and hardest map painting simulators, pirate with all of the meme expansions, get a mod or two, pick any country that isn't huge, and enjoy a comfy evening getting your shit pushed in

both sets of primitives had dugouts, at the very least they should implement coastal only shit-tier cogs, limited from open ocean access

Is Aurora actually fun or is it just a meme?

But that's true. It's one of the main reasons why Hitler thought so highly of Pilsudski.

It's a meme, but Aurora offers unparalled spreadsheet autism. Lack of modding support and poor implementation are big cons, though.

fuck it, i'll go back to being completely tribal
at least then i can sort of rely on getting a thousand or so troops from each friendly tribe, rather than getting 150 troops total from all my vassals

IIRC it was originally made as a program to help come up with ideas for pen and paper rpgs and stories.
You'll get a lot of fun out of it if you do something like what that guy did in the other thread, play to a certain style, like be the Space Romans or Space Nazis or Space British Empire etc. Theres a lot of micro, a big part of the game is tactical ship combat and fleet operations. While the rest of the game is your usual 4x stuff but just much more detailed.
Every once in a while I'll come back to it and have fun, but personally I get burned out after a while.

We can try 21 UTC Saturday if China has to work, Japan is still MIA, unknown why Italy couldn't make it

The pope is just going to tap dance on you, regularly.

That's a tough one. Besides war games, shit mentioned in the OP pic, and King of Dragon Pass- you're left with mostly 4X.

Have you tried Emperor of the Fading Suns?

so after conquering a few more lands, i managed to create a grand chiefdom since i owned around 60% of the required lands for it
my last ruler even managed to achieve all of his possible ambitions
i devolved back to no tribal organisation, so at least my vassals love me right now and give me troops if ask them
my own demesne gives me around 3000 troops, and i can usually get 1.5k out of my vassals
problem now is that most territories around me are smaller kingdoms that somehow have armies that are 2-3 times bigger than mine
in the end i'll either stay out of war for a few decades while improving my country, or i'll declare war on the fire nation since they're too busy beating norhtwest earth kingdom

We don’t need to know you’re autistic. Stop telling us and stop posting.

REPORTED FOR KIKE SHILL
No one with any knowledge of history would say this.

Lad what mod is that?

steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=738519002

It amazes me what settings get turned into CK2 mods.

Kill yourself.

lol

Go to bed, Wilhelm.

Get the fuck out, faggot.

Kill yourself, he’s right.

2nd Reich IDF please leave

WILLY DID NOTHING WRONG

what when did that happen

the mod takes place wasn't cucked, moron
besides, you're not supporting anything with a free mod

eh technically, my playthrough is already at least 300 years after the start of the fire nation war, so aang and korra should be long gone by now

surprisingly it even has benders as military units
although so far i haven't seen the avatar, not sure if he's even in the game

Having watched that retarded piece of shit is enough of a reason to get your head removed.

but the first series was good
it's the second one that should be a reason for me to kill myself

I'd imagine both Vicky 2 and EU3 would be more fitting for the setting, apart from character focus. Hell, might as well play either of those as a Japan and invade China.

This image needs to be updated already. It's been YEARS.

But why do you give a shit about Germans? Right now they're the biggest cucks of Europe, and a good portion of them are actually just Turks. Hell, you would probably get arrested there for writing "Hitler's hand of friendship".

Poland, on the other hand, is pretty based and doesn't harbor millions of rapefugees and roaches. Not to mention they also hate fags. I understand your (heavily biased) historical arguments, but if we focus on the present, a land under Poles is better than land under Germans.

He probably wasn't even born when the first series was airing.

look at this fucking retard
do you even know who Nicolaus Kopernikus was? what he did?
WHO'S FUCKING SIDE HE FOUGHT AGAINST DURING THE SIEGE OF HIS HOMETOWN?
all germcucks deserve to die both in this thread as in the real world

decided to go ahead and into Georgia

they're not really simple they're actually pretty complex, they're just presented in a way that isn't incomprehensible. unless you're world conquesting with opm you have no right to even call yourself autistic youre just pretentious imo

Something like Grigsby's games maybe? Just get into wargames, gsg was always a meme genre to me anyway

I think he just means he doesn't like EU4, and HoI4 is several expansions from now. EU series is 4X map painting anyway.

And CK2 is hit or miss and untenable if you dislike the dynastic system & "hero" elements.

Kinda yes, kinda no. It is a phrase Paradox coined to market their games, and it's only a slightly bigger niche than war games.

Everything else has kinda been lumped in with Paradox series' after-the-fact.

KoDP is a Visual novel, but now it's a Grand Strategy game.

It's still too immature to really make much of it as it's straddling that line between 4X and War Game, and remains dominated by a developer that wants to sanitize it to a point of "refinement" while avoiding menial complexities that irk their ideals.

Victoria 2 was sort of a fluke, and the economy designer no longer works for their studios.

But does harbour millions of poles. Those need to be fumigated before the area has any value for human habitation.

It just needs more folavour for individual nations. CK2 goes in the right direction with this, with separate mechanics for different religions, and sometimes even cultures (although it should expand on it even further, IMO).

Definately. There's specifically mechanics for culture features, but most cultures don't have any.

Did I scare him?

>tfw can't play DH any more because it's broken on Windows 10

its not just look around for a tutorial

Murder yourself.

serbs started the war faggot

Serbs started a localized war involving Austria/Germany/Russia/France. Central Powers probably would have won this. Germany started a completely separate war and unnecessary war with Belgium for no reason other than "lol we want through", which drew in the UK, Commonwealth, led to Italy joining the Entente, dozens of others, and later the USA.

I forced them into the war and apparently the Krauts have nearly 800 mother fucking divisions lying around. They haven't tried to attack my impenetrable Stalin Line but I'm getting my ass kicked in Scandinavia and the Allies won't do shit. I invaded Sweden because I couldn't get past the Norwegian mountains otherwise, but I was a fucking idiot and forgot to keep troops in Malmo to prevent the Germans from attacking through Denmark and lost my chance for a quick victory on that front.

so the fire nation finally got too close
i made a few alliances with the largest kingdoms around me
first time i attacked the fire nation, i had around 4k troops of my own, and at least 13k from my allies
we pretty much destroyed the fire nation, only lost a few battles near the end because they had finally managed to send a large enough army to stop us. but by then i had nearly won so it didn't matter
so in the first war i took 2 lands slightly beyond our borders
next the fire nation declared war against me, this time my allies were fighting each other so i didn't get much help, i ended up losing my north-west lands
and now i'm starting a third war with them for the lands near the ones i initially took from the fire nation
pic related is my+allied army
we should be able to win
meanwhile the earth kingdom has more troops than all of us combined, and yet it's sitting on it's ass barely expanding, while the fire nation is literally at it's borders
also south water tribe is bullying north water tribe

well we won, only lost tens of thousands of troops
i'm even considered a threat now
trying to sell my kids and grandkids off to other leaders for alliances, so far i'm allied with 3 kingdoms

Well if you want to play that game, Belgium started that war by pretending to be relevant.

But Germany said Belgium was relevant first when it recognized it as an independent country and guaranteed its independence along with the UK :)

Yep. Respecting Belgium was the biggest mistake they learned from.

My country did a similar fuck up by pretending to be relevant enough to be in the war. Instead of just allowing people to cross our leaders picked a side and got raped.

it's not fair

Anyone playing Vicky 1 over 2? Could someone give me a short comparison between the two?

I'm a fan of Vicky 2 but see it criticized sometimes. Wondering if I'm missing out by not checking it out.

Haven't really played much of it, but one thing I really liked about it was EU2-style combat and warfare mechanics. If you haven't played EU2, basically you build whole armies in one click. Combat is way more random than EU3/V2 but it works because you can rebuild whole armies and so wars are more about attrition and being able to replace losses rather than just destroying the AI by baiting them into mountains or anything.

It does require you to manually build up all of your RGOs and shit. Didn't delve too much into the economy. Tech is different from most games in that you can trade it and people research different tech I think (depends on tech group?). There's no sphere and most other things are EU2-like.

Also could never get it to run well without crashing.

The manual pop control is just painful

i think i'm gonna quit
i fucked up the land distribution, so now some of the land is no longer part of my kingdom, although it is ruled by close relatives, and my character/family is in line to being heirs
earth king went full retard and started wars with my neighbours and not the fucking fire nation.
at one point he asks me for white peace, i accept and less then a few seconds later he starts a new war for the same reason
i don't think my kingdom is gonna crumble even if i lose all my lands, but fuck me, it's impossible to keep track of alliances and inheritance after 5 centuries of playtime
maybe if we werent at war with the earth kingdom, i might have started another war against the fire nation and just let my allied nations fight for me, but this is becoming too much of a clusterfuck to bother
i think i'll try a new playthrough as one of the water tribes

That sounds like standard CK2/paradox AI bullshit, mods just can't fix everything. Even though they really shouldn't have to. But selling dlc to fix problems is clearly more profitable than just making it right the first time.

How did you manage that? Do you have the gavelkind (shit-tier) succession? that's the only way I can imagine actually losing parts of your country by accident

yea, i recently changed it since i needed a larger demesne size
i didn't think i'd lose this much
this is what happens when your family has over 70 living members

Got into a PU with them and I just had to take over their shit. Besides, I needed an open road to Vienna (for that delicious westernization decision) without causing everyone to enter into a coalition against me, I'll make them my vassals in due time, possibly granting them Austria just for the heck of it as I'm not really planning blobbing into kraut lands.

Kinda got bored of that game though, got too damn easy. If I ever get into it again, I'll gobble up France and save Iberia for later, gotta enact revenge for the 4th crusade and the so called (((Latin "Empire")))

Literally any succession law is better than gavelkind (maybe except elective open). IIRC, tribals can pick seniority. Pick that

But Hungary is rightful Roman clay

Pussy.

so victoria II what determines whether you can force an election (the "Hold Election" button) or not…

can you just spam elections till you get the result you want?

It's going to be at least two months before the next two event and a brown-person model (not included) DLC comes out.

Government type. Forcing an election increases millitancy

alright, started a new playthrough, from the earth kingdom desert again
this time i have a better idea what i'm doing
i only conquered a few tribes at first, focused more on upgrading their buildings and creating a dutchy
once i made my first dutchy conquered a bit more since i could now give titles to vassals without them leaving my realm
eventually around half of the desert was mine, i made another dutchy and shortly after a kingdom (technically a great tribe)
at that point i just started asking counties to become my vassals, and since they didn't have much of an option a majority of them joined
so i ended up taking control of the other half of the desert without having to fight at all
and this time the entire thing only took me around a century and a half
since i ran out of counties to bully, i'm gonna try and start making allegiances and fighting the smaller kingdoms around me

I'd be broke pretty soon

HOI3 WW2 MP Game

Let's organize this shit since last week we didn't hear about some players. The game will continue this Saturday, at 20 UTC. Confirm your presence/absence here - and if you want to drop out/change countries, this is the time to say it so we can look for substitutes and stuff.

Allies:

Axis:

Commintern:

how do I into MP? I always wanted to play with you fags
brake it as if I never opened a PC beforein not a Holla Forums

Celebrating Prophet Isa's birthday with my kuffar friends.

All paradox games have one spawn of hell called checksum. Basically it's a 4 letter code that translates the alterations to the game file. If you don't have the same checksum, too bad, you won't be able to join a game. Usually, as long as you're using the same expansions/DLC as the others your checksum will be the same, with a few exceptions.

I can't tell you much about the other Grand Strategy games(since I don't play them), but HOI3 has one pesky exception to the rule above: the GOG and Steam versions have different checksums and can't connect to each other. We use the Steam version to play, so if you have the GOG one(or none), I can give you a link for the pirated steam version. Yes, you can use a pirated copy of HOI3 with 0 repercussions.

The multiplayer metaservers are dead, so we connect by direct IP. Basically, the host puts his IP in the thread, we start HOI3(we use all expansions, that means TFH patch 4.02, checksum GSKH), choose multiplayer>join internet game>put host's IP>click join. You'll be taken to the starting screen where you choose your country as usual, but everyone else will be there too.

That's it for a new game. If it's a game that's already going on(like ours, we are in our fifth session iirc), you'll also need the savegame, which the host will also put on the thread when the time comes. He'll post something like:

The first line is his IP. The second is the *name* of his savefile, while the third is a link to download the savefile itself. The name is important because all player's saves need to have the same name, and paradox's system of "you automatically download the save when you enter a MP game" sucks dick. So, you download the save, rename it to the name the host put in the thread(in this case, hoi_somerandomcountryname.hoi3), and put it into your paradox\hoI3 save file folder. The default location is: C:\Users\PCNAMEHERE\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Hearts of Iron III\save games. Pay attention! This ISN'T the game install location, the savegames stay in a different place, which is inside your Documents folder by default.

Once you have downloaded the save, renamed it and put it inside the correct folder, /then/ you open your game and connect to the host. It sounds harder than it is, really.

Big commie reporting

Get hyped for optimizations

France reporting in and ready.

Reaper's due brings optimisation, and I like the sound of the new injury system. Everything else is just minor shit like event chains

also

Eat shit, jew. Your revisionism will earn you a bullet to the brain.

Italy here, both myself and Hungary will be unavailable tomorrow, you can replace us/leave us AI if you need to.

China here. I'm going to a funeral today but I should be back in time for the game

Is the funeral for Confucianism?

Nice fucking mod HPMkiddies.

Beautiful.

my.mixtape.moe/zjniwp.7z
Here's the randomhoi file for anyone who wasn't here last time. We might end up playing this depending.

This always triggers me.

any good fantasy mods for CK2?

Nah it was for the Soviet Union

Well this Historical Immersion Project makes mohammedan esoterism straight up magical. Even though I'm not a fan of the ASOIAF books or the setting, the mod is very meticulously done and I like to play it from time to time.

Shit map.

These maps unironically makes me want to kill myself. Are you a lolbergturdian by any chance?

UK confirmed for action today

Spain is in for today.

Berbers may not be Sand niggers but you are still mudslime

Nope, I'm a Bible-believing Christian.

I am USA. We are missing Germany's(very likely to come), Japan's(no idea) and Canada's(same) confirmations.

They actually are sand niggers. They used to be white but they'vo been getting blanda upp'd for centuries.

Do you trade camels for satellite internet?

Mixed Berbers do not call themselves Berber. Most Moroccans do not consider themselves Berber.

All berbers have a fair amount of semitic blood in their veins, m8.

Culturally and linguistically we are part of the "Arab world" but we are not ethnic Arabs.

Arabs live in Arabia, Yemen and Oman.

Most are Arabized Berbers, but there are still some pure berbers left on the rif mountains.

See Riffians

Pretty sure we descend from Ham, not Shem :^)

The Phoenicians or Libyans.

Why would you have any love for your mudshit country if you are a Christian? You would be much better off being ruled by Christian Spaniards who are also racially similar to pure Berbers like Riffians.

You've taken a lot of arab dick what with being owned by various arab empires for so long.

Most have, but if the guy is Riffian he is pure. Also most mixed Berbers do not refer to themselves as Berber.

No, just not as heavily mixed.

All berbers are part arab. They are sand filth.

You have no proof to back up this claim.

For the same reason you love your country?

You can hate your state, its religion and policies, but you can still love your own people.

American patriots love their country but hate the Federal government and the radical leftist degeneration.

I will never bow down to the Iberians. Besides, they're Catholic and turn everything into shit (see South-America).

The idea that mass migration/rape happens is a myth. These things are extremely rare.

Egypt still has ethnic Egyptians with the same facial features of their ancestors, what makes you think we would be any different?

Arabs brought Islam and their language, that's it.

Not under Islamic rule.

You can hate your state, its religion and policies, but you can still love your own people.

I wouldn't love my people if the vast majority of them were mudshits. I would actively hate them. It is not just the state or the culture, it is the very foundation of your national identity that is mudshit.

Morocco is about 100 times more shitty than Spain or your average south American shithole and you didn't even need their help.

But user, those aren't the real Egyptians 'n' shit

Never change, papists.

You could become Orthodox, that would be quite acceptable, or even a Copt if you so wished, but being a Protescum is literally following the most shitty version of Christianity possible.

kys

Do you want to host the random game? The save is in the discord

Elder Kings if you like the TES setting

Pic related is your religion

I'm not a "Protestant", I'm a Christian.

Protestant is just an umbrella term that refers to anyone who isn't part of Roman Catholicism or eastern Orthodoxy. Only Romanists insist on constantly calling us "Protestants", they're still butthurt about the Reformation 500 years later.

And this isn't about choosing a "flavor" or "version" of Christianity, it's about the truth. Salvation and eternal security is nothing to joke or LARP about.

Many of Catholic doctrine has nothing to do with Christ or scripture. Why should I be part of a false religion?

As an ex-Muslim I can tell you that Islam and Catholicism are very similar, video related.

The Warhammer Mod is pretty solid even if you're not into the setting

Are you part of an evangelical church? This makes you a Protestant. Do you belong to a Christian denomination or do you just study the bible? The video you posted is absolute shit to anyone who has a grip of the Catholic faith so I will not even bother.

Zionist Christians are an American thing only, and even then they're a minority there.

Plenty of denominations and Christians know that the modern state of Israel is an artificial satanic creation by the Rothschilds.

Strawman. Valid points are made by the "raging guy" in the bottom. Instead of addressing them, you ridicule it.

Germany reporting in. Sorry I'm late. Should I put the game up now?

Yes

This is what Protescum actually believe

Regarding your picture, it is true that Luther eventually disliked Jews, but this message is largely ignored by 99% of the Protestant Community worldwide, which is notorious for pushing for Jewish economic systems and morality.

Again, do you belong to an evangelical church? Do you identify with a certain denomination? This makes you a Protestant. If you agree with the Protestant stance on church authority, the veneration of saints and sola scriptura you are a Protestant.

Pretty sure I know more about the Catholic religion than you do, m8.

I've seen tons of documentaries, articles and books that expose the origins of Catholicism. It is Antichrist to the core.

Your question is irrelevant because God doesn't see us in labels and systematic categories like we do. You're either saved or unsaved.

Most Christians don't even know about theology, look at African, Korean or Chinese Christians. They simply read scripture and believe in the Gospel.

What you're doing is semantics.

And this is where I stop responding. I urge you to read on Catholic theology and doctrine. I also urge you to read on orthodox theology and doctrine if Catholicism triggers you that much, but seeing shitty documentaries made by Protestants for protestants hardly counts as a reliable source of information on either. You claim not to be Protestant but you still cling to the key points of the Protestant understanding of doctrine, while using mental gymnastics to justify this position. There exist other versions of Christianity beyond Orthodoxy and Catholicism, all with ancient roots to apostolic tradition, yet you cling to the Protescum understanding without investigating further. You cannot claim to be a Christian when your view on theology is based solely on the reformation while ignoring all versions of Christianity that came before it with entirely different theology and doctrine.

my.mixtape.moe/bnlkaf.hoi3
mp_Auvergne1936_09_09_11.hoi3
Map: my.mixtape.moe/aybbgo.7z

What about the WW2 game

Nobody in the Axis except me wants to show up. I have been abandoned.

I thought it was a matter of not being able to. They don't want to continue?

They're either gone or don't want to play.

These are just some examples of Christian denominations that have nothing to do with Protestantism or the Protestant understanding of doctrine. Sola Scriptura, muh mary is the devil, no saints and no church hierarchy is a uniquely Protestant understanding

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bogomilism
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nestorianism
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catharism
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fraticelli
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcionism
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monophysitism
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miaphysitism
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Thomas_Christians (founded by saint Thomas the apostle himself)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hussites

Maps aren't video games.

But what about China?

He's right, you know.

Saint Thomas Christians and Syriac Christians in particular read the bible in Aramaic, the same language Jesus spoke. Can't get closer to the bible than that, certainly much closer to the bible than your average protescum subhuman, yet they accept the church as an institution and reject muh sola scriptura.

I have, many of it is unscriptural and has pagan origins.

Orthodoxy is simply Greek Catholicism, but instead of popes you have local patriarchs. It's slightly less heretical, but still suffers from alot of false doctrines that go completely against what the Bible.

But relying on Catholics on who's a heretic and who isn't is somehow reliable?

I'm a Christians and I cling to Jesus Christ's teachings and God's commandments/laws.

While using the Bible, God's Word.
I don't rely on man's traditions, I go to the source.

Broad is the way that leadeth to destruction.

Apostolic succession is unscriptural. Peter was never in Rome, nor was he a pope. Infact he was married.

You rely on tradition, culture, man's fallible, fallen, sinful interpretations of things, instead of relying on what God and Jesus said.

I have investigated all sides, I have looked at history, theology and philosophy without any preconceived notions or assumptions. This brought me to Biblical Christianity/Judeo-Christianity, not the pagan harlot version.

No matter how great the Reformers, they all still had flaws. There is no `perfect` system, we live in a fallen corrupt world. You Catholics are completely oblivious as to what it means to be a Christian.

Just as the Catholics have departed from the New Testament church that Paul set up. I find it hilarious how Papists claim to have authority when they do not. You are no different than the legalistic Pharisees, with your vain rituals, repetitions and hearts of stone.

Just as the Pharisees killed Jesus, so has the RCC murdered and tortured dozens of Christians throughout the centuries.

The Papacy is a satanic tool, whether you like it or not.

MAN I LOVE VIDEOGAMES

What's your checksum? I have SKZQ but apparently that's not the correct one since it won't let me join

It's ironic because Catholic and modern bibles are based on the corrupt Alexandrian/Sinaiticus gnostic texts.

The KJV is based on the Textus Receptus, the preserved Word of God.

IFTG.

Did I upload the wrong map?

Take a screenshot of europe in Single player than post here, so we know it's the correct map. It should have SHANXI in northern spain.

If that map doesn't work, here is a reupload: my.mixtape.moe/nrbfnr.7z

This term includes groups who claim the necessity of continued obedience to the Law of Moses found in the first five books of the Christian Old Testament.[3] Members of such groups, notably the Seventh-day Adventist Church, dispute the use of the term because "Judaizers" is typically used as a pejorative.

I used to know a Protescum subhuman like yourself, his house had menorahs and he visited Jewish ceremonies and synagogues. He was also circumsized and had several Israeli flags in his house.

You mean the Protestant understanding of what the bible is supposed to represent. Sola scriptura is not Biblical, it is how Protestants think the bible should be.

Nice buzzword Judeo-Christian.

Which is why Protestantism, which leaves biblical interpretation to the fallible, fallen, sinful personal opinion of every single human being on planet earth has fractured into a billion different denominations. Trained theologians who have devoted their life to the faith are surely incapable of making less fallible interpretations of doctrine than your average illiterate Texan zionist farmer.

The Catholics may claim the same thing about you leaving the church of Peter. The fact that Protestants understand the bible as such does not make it an absolute truth. I am not a Catholic, I simply hate Protestants to the point that I want a holocaust designed especially for them.

No. It is simply that Protescum through their mental gymnastics interprete the church differently and claim it is an absolute truth.

This is exactly what every single church and heresy has done to justify it's differences from other denominations.

No.

Europe is a clusterfuck of countries so it's definitely not the right map. I'll try this
download and see if it works

checked

This is the correct map.

Just thought I'd put this here, it may give you a different perspective on theology.

Nice meme

Franz download and apply the 4gb patch for hoi3

I think I already have it downloaded but just never applied it. I'll do that and then rejoin

Or download CFF explorer and do it manually, the other guy did it in 30 secs.

That´s not what Judeo-Christianity means, dumbass.

Judaizers refers to the Hebrew Roots movement, which says that we should use the correct Hebrew names (Yeshua, Yahuwah, etc) and/or follow the Mosaic law.

Judeo-Christianity just means someone who believes in the OT and NT, i.e everything literally happened as told by the prophets and apostles.

So your argument is basically `I used to know a bad guy that claimed to be X, therefore X is bad!´.

What do you think Bible studies and hermeneutics are for?

equip.org/article/a-defense-of-sola-scriptura/

As opposed to leaving the Bible locked up in a basement, only for Latin child-raping priests to decypher?

God wants us to know Him, not jump through hoops and obstacles.

There´s irrelevant. God looks at the heart, not at what denom. you claim to be.

There are plenty of saved Catholics who honestly believe in the LORD with all their heart, but it is Christ that saves them, not their works or their religion.

You mean trained zombies who have devoted their life to a crypto-pagan religion that has nothing to do with Christ and everything to do with Mithra, Semiramis, Isis and Baal.

bible.ca/cath-overview-false-teaching.htm

Meanwhile, there are plenty of Christian theologians who devote their lives to Christ and read the Bible daily and research secular history to connect the dots.

There is no `church of Peter´.

Jesus Christ is the founder of our Church.
He is the capstone, our saviour, our God.

`If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.` - John 15 18

You don´t hate me, you hate Jesus.
We simply follow Christ.

Just as the world could not cope with the holiest man to ever live, the world will not tolerate Christians.

You might be demon possessed, m8

But isn´t that exactly what the Romanists are doing? They claim their church and their traditions are the absolute truth.

I´d rather look at what God Himself said, not at what mortal man says.

I don´t get people´s obsession with this guy.
If you want a fiery preacher, check out Charles Lawson.

Anyone have a backup or something pls

As for the video I´ll check it out, and I advise you to watch this.

pasipiktinimas? ;^)?

I can find just as many cherry picked examples of Protestants being corrupt and failing

breitbart.com/national-security/2014/08/13/pope-francis-visits-south-korea-protestants-protest-north-koreans-refuse-invite/

blogs.wsj.com/korearealtime/2014/08/16/south-koreas-protestants-struggle-as-catholics-grab-spotlight/

shoebat.com/2014/05/06/sexual-abuse-protestant-churches-catholic/

please use archive.is/world/2016/jan/12/church-of-england-attendance-falls-below-million-first-time

>equip.org/article/a-defense-of-sola-scriptura/

catholic.com/magazine/articles/not-by-scripture-alone

Or putting your trust to every illiterate peasant to decypher it? Humans are fallible, and no human mind can decypher the word of god without any fault, this is why churches fracture and why there will always be dissent. Trained theologians however try their best to come the closest possible to truth and are more succesful in doing so when building on top of thousands of years of theological tradition. When everyone reads the bible, dissent is bound to be tremendous, and the conclusions drawn by those who read it are bound to be further from the truth than those based upon a lifetime of study by those who have devoted their life to the faith, built on top of thousands of years of traditions. Leaving the bible to those who are less likely to be as fallible reduces dissent.

It is relevant when the doctrines of these denominations are explicitly anti-biblical.

This is simply cringeworthy

And Protestants have a different understanding of what the church founded by Jesus is supposed to be physically.

No such thing exists beyond the minds of Protescum subhumans

Every single denomination does, including yours.

Nah man, that's not how you do it.

mp_Auvergne1936_11_03_20.hoi3
my.mixtape.moe/qbsnoq.hoi3

get in the discord franz

Shudas :–DDDDD

I don't know how it happened, but we got savegame transferring working. This means we don't have to transfer savegames manually anymore.

Topic will be down for a few hours, but worry not. I'm setting up something that will take a while, and I'll post another one soon.