Can we have a Gauntlet thread ?

Can we have a Gauntlet thread ?

I've only heard about this series, but from what I heard it sounds pretty cool. What game should I play to get in the series first?

Holy fuck, the memories of this game just come flooding back.
It's a shame the franchise was lost in the sea of bland, uninspired reboots.

Most people I know started with the N64 Gauntlet (Legends?) and moved onto Dark Legacy, which I believe was an expanded re-release of the PS1/2 game.

If you've got an old console and friends, it's worth a playthrough.

It's on the Gamecube as well.

Which Gauntlet had this generic fantasy opening intro that had the characters talk over it like it was a movie? I remember the warrior having a terrible Schwarzenegger impression.

Also is the most recent one any good or should I just stick to Forced?

WELCOME BACK

RED WIZARD

What other games feature muscle wizards? The answer is the only other gauntlet legends.

BLUE WARRIOR

NEEDS FOOD BADLY

I only played the demo of the new one and thought it was ok, valkyrie chick was pretty fun to play as. Cant remember much about it other than having some fun and then getting frustrated.

SWEET NUTRIENTS

Best gauntlet ahoy. Only on the genesis.

That's not gauntlet, that's actually a clone game by old monolith called get medieval, pretty fun in its own right.

God-fucking-dammit

WELCOME BACK

YELLOW VALKYRIE

The fact that your character change as you level up, damn, that game have so many cool details. And don't forget the animal forms!

DUN DUH DAAAAAH

Don't be like that, user
Convince your dad to join your Quest to slay Skorne once again !

Dreamcast Legends and Gamecube Dark Legacy were the way to go.

Many nights of fast food runs with 3 bros and tearing up both games.

Local Barcade has a Dark Legacy, were planning on dominating that game one weekend

WELCOME BACK, RED SORCERESS

It's been ages since I played Dark Legacy on the Gamecube

How's the PS2 version ?
I'm planning to get it alongside a multitap, and play it with my University roommates

This needs to be brought up, 3 ports but only 1 port is not flawed. The Xbox port has no flaws, PS2's only flaw is that it doesn't have the inventory storage system from the Xbox and Gamecube versions, and Gamecube's biggest flaw is that boss items sometimes do not trigger properly or completely miss the boss.
That is all.

So I take it the 2014 game was bad?

Muh nigger

pretty decent, I prefer the GameCube version since its just easy to carry the damn thing around and slap 4 wave birds on it.

Sucks GC version is the most expensive too.

;_;

BLUE VALKYRIE IS NOW IT

""You are now entering""

YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE

Yeah, Dream World was kind of a pain…

i wanna sandwich my weiner between those boobies

Fill me on this game, it's for the gamecube, right?

ps2 and gamecube ports also have bad framerates, and ps2 only has 2 ports without a multitap.

body horror levels are great

play the xbox version instead.

Hey guys, how much will I get beat up on the street of 7 Sorrows is my favourate of the series?

Really though, why do most fans dislike this game?

Green Jester master race
BATTER UP

The only series that I can claim old faggotry rights without popularity having anything to do with it.

Played the shit out of Legends on Gamecube with my cousins, even when everything was beaten, we still played it.

A lot of reasons. First, it's not a good game by any measure. Second it is very obviously incomplete. Third it does a terrible job conveying individual character stories. Fourth is that it was supposed to be a lot better than it was, but something went wrong in development. Diablo 3 is essentially what Seven Sorrows was supposed to be.

Gauntlet Legends emulated on 64 when?

I liked this game too user. I feel like the character progression was somewhat lackluster (spending gold to buy combos? Why?). They took away the cool activated items you could pick up which was a big detriment. I also don't remember any 'big' enemies like the golems that just invoked sheer terror in the player. I enjoyed it for the most part, but fuck the hardest difficulty. Those teleport-punch mages out in the plains (before the golem boss) were stupid.

One of the few games that does infinite enemies correctly

It's sort of a letdown compared to all the content Dark Legacy had

Is his hand completely useless? If not, he could try to use his feet for any of the buttons he can't hit.