Valve Finally Made Something

They added a new Dota hero instead of porting old ones.
But it's just wukong.

Is this the first time valve has made something in five years?

Other urls found in this thread:

valvesoftware.com/trademarkguidelines.html
hiveworkshop.com/repositories/models.530/?tag=10
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

FUCK YOU FAGGOT HOW DARE YOU TALK SHIT ABOUT VALVE-SAMA

Does it have
I mean, just out of curiosity.

I hate to be that guy but I think
Is a good thing. At least for my computer.

Valve is shit tho.

Valve didn't make it? Icefrog designed it for Dota 1 around 2-3 years ago and now they're implementing the hero to Dota 2.
Do your research my men.

Imagine a world where Valve never made Steam and all of their poor decisions based around it. Now remind yourself how you're not part of that world.

the only valid point in that pic is the drm thing and fuck valve for that.

the point is the double standards you autistic cunts

Is this fucking 2013?
Holla Forums in general has hated Valve for a good while now.

It's a double standard that died about three years ago.
How often do you hear anybody here defend Valve anymore?
Fuck, the filename of your image shows you saved it back when Valve fanboyism was still a thing.

There's a big difference between using Steam and liking Valve.

Well, no, they also killed quality control and introduced paid mods lite

What is this sorcery

After the paid mod scandal Valve lost pretty much all of their fans here.
People who still use it merely do out of commodity just like the deal with Winblows.

I havent browsed Holla Forums in three years

That argument is also not quiet true. Modern games look like shit, and still run like shit even on powerful hardware.

We lived through that age user.

Designed but never and official decisions until now. No doubt he has different abilities than what he had back then.

Depends on the company.
In the example, valve games do run on shit hardware. Blizzard too. It's a conscious decision.

See those series of numbers above every image?
That's Unix time, it counts every second or millisecond since January 1st 1970. It's how computers keep track of time.
Imageboards use it to give internal filenames to images, what's why images get duped when they're uploaded on the same millisecond, and it's why when you post several images in one post the filename gets a "-0, -1, etc" added to the end; so they have separate filenames.
A side-effect of this is that you know the rough time somebody saved an image, unless they changed the filename of course.

Where have you been?
This shit hasn't been true for years.

Wow way to fuck up Valve.

Can western devs stop sucking chinese dick please ?
Enough with the chink mythology heroes. I want my skeleton king back !

Monkey King was a boss character in one of the old DotA maps.

I'd rather just live in the world where steam is just an optional DDL platform and all the games downloaded through it can run without steam being running or even installed.

Suck a monkey dick fleshbag

I really wonder how many LoL players think wukong is actually an original character instead of the monkey king.

Those stupidly drawn faces makes me want to punch whoever made that image, as well as anyone who reposts it in the fucking face.

What double standards exactly? My point of contention is the casual game where one (Skyrim) is shitting up a well known franchise and the other (Portal) is a new IP. Where the fuck are the double standards here? Why the fuck do you think destroying old franchises is the same as making a new shit franchise?

Are you that one indonesian guy?

They also added Pit Lord in case you didn't notice

Here already assfaggots thread. Dont spam catalog please.

What a weird image, considering Holla Forums as a collective really hates Valve. Where are yo ugetting the idea that Holla Forums likes them?

LoL players are absolute plebs, I saw some data collection from Riot and over 70% of their players used wifi to play vidya.

theres a massive market over there
and westerners have proven that they are willing to take massive amounts of cock in the ass be4 they start complaining
BUT
they keep playing

halfchan Holla Forums has a hardon for valve.

Probably because they got shilled hard or have too many casualfags.

You have no idea how bad it really is. I still remember the shit from old Holla Forums. Literal elementary schoolers being 90% of its audience.

Goku is a reference to Son Wukong mate, a chinese folk tale hero.

isnt he just like the monkeys from mop?

Its obviously a reference to this movie, noob.

I'm sure people are quaking, you autistic faggot

This is the kind of people posting on Holla Forums, no wonder this place is such a shithole

grats u r officially tarded

wait, wasn't wukong in the original dota as well?

For those that don't know Wukong is an fucking ancient in-joke from WC3 Dota.

No. He never was, but he was teased from time to time as a joke.

I don't actually remember this movie, did it fall into the american style of Jackie Chan movies where you can't see shit half the time and nothing looks impactful or the chinese style of Jackie Chan movies?

He said added not created.
Stop looking for things to complain about.

or am i the one being joshed?

Yep, if you cut all the trees to the bottom right and have a reaver in your inventory, wukong will come out after you stand next to the cart for five minutes.

You know it's a mark of autism to fail to pick up on the intent of what other people say.

All I remember is that its shit and Jackie/Jet does nothing of worth.

>>>/suicide/

Thanks for your blog update, we give a shit

i guess he was added sorta

can someone tell me again why blizzard never got the rights to the mod and the dota devs went to work for valve?

You're just a bunch of hipsters, you only hate things because they are popular. Valver and Steam made video games great again.

Your responses aren't any more relevant dumbass.

idk how people hate on dota most normal fags in america play lol.

dota is for hipsters most people play league :)

I wouldn't hate Valve if they actually still made games and stopped babysitting retard kids who lose all their TF2 items to scammers.

Because Blizzard were dumb enough to put it in the EULA that they own everything you make with the map editor. Something they remedied with SC2.

As for IceFrog? Some say he was Valve all along, although the official stance is the limitations of the WC3 engine were starting to actually become a problem with development.

Eul had actually gone into the pharmaceuticals industry until Valve found him.

Halfchan Holla Forums is absolute shit, though. There's a big reason so many people here left that shithole.
I don't understand why some people still use it, though. It's so fucking bad, you get banned for saying racial slurs and Holla Forums's hotpockets over there are all confirmed newfags. Never fucking forget what the mods there did in late 2014.

m8

>>>/bitch/

Oh and technically Blizzard own the Defense of the Ancients name, but not the acronym or the actual mod. So go figure.

implicatio.

Honestly WC3 only has so many models you can use for heroes. It really can't handle much more. I can understand if people are attached to WC3 DotA but it has to be at its limit soon.

They're less shit than most. But paid mods and greenlight are plenty reason to shit on em.

wasn't the excuse that dota was reaching the maximum size possible for a wc3 usermap?

????????????????????

Was this the one where there was tons of obvious string work and they had to make way for the white dude and the chick whose parents were murdered and Jet Li ended up being Sun Wukong? Yeah I'm starting to remember.

Sounds about right.

You can import external resources to use in custom maps though. DotA actually did for both skill/item icons as well as hero models(although they were just modified vanilla models). Thing is a lot of the way certain abilities and such work in Dota 2 cannot be done in WC3 without serious hacking and custom scriptwork.

I think the amount of custom script bloat was getting so bad that changes were getting exponentially harder to implement without breaking the map because the engine would shit itself and not because of straight up filesize.

Ok I don't know shit about it. I know some furfag had a really huge boner for FFX Khimari and that's why we have the PL skin but that's about it.

This hasn't been true for years even on the internet at large, let alone Holla Forums.

He even put on the bait flag, you fucking newfags, how can you still fall for it?

original, not-wc3 model?

do you think the game would of still became this popular if blizzard was in control?

But S2 already perfected Monkey King..

Is there really a requirement for the Monkey King to be in an ASSFAGGOTS game? Pitlord/Abyssal Lord NEVER EVER.

They just a make a Slark without regen on R and another escape on E.

Looking at when they were making Blizzard DOTA and when it became HotS, it's pretty safe to assume that they have no idea how or why DotA ever became a thing with people in the first place.

And it works. Allthough he was OP as shit for a while, he's now still broken.

Does valve have a modicum of originality?

I dont why S2 cant in to balance because they can it before. All new heroes are straith damage dealers or gang/semisupport but most of them have a boring mechanic.

The reddit Skyrim fanclub has to much free time nowadays…

Typical underage downy sucking valve cock

Well he most definitely will split himself like we saw, which will likely be survivability or damage.

Since Dota is just references down to the core, ult will be some Sven-style powerup with yellow instead of red. That and Wukong is being added due to the year of the fire monkey in China, so he will likely have something akin to turning into a fiery monkey.

Alternatively pic related with no changes. Either way no, he won't be particularly interesting or anything.

This reminds me on how they fucked up with custom maps, despite jumping onto it pretty early with starcraft 2.

Blizzard really is hopeless.

S2 is no longer in charge of HoN though. They changed name to Frostburn (:^)). Still the same idiots in charge though. S2 is currently strugglng with that Savage-game in early access.
But yea, all heroes the past year or so is more or less the same concept.

And then there's the whole streamlining concept. For all you Dota 2-fags, in HoN you have your OWN immortal courier. That you can send out from base, but not control to any degree - which makes item managment pain if you bought a potion and a recipe etc.

Guess they learned so much from Strife..

are you refering to the pyro trailer? because not everything with rainbows is automaticly a pony reference. for what its worth it was a pretty good trailer that was actualy funny.

there is literaly nothing wrong with making a multiplayer game that runs on old systems, especialy when its sold for 5 bucks in every other steam sale.
on the other side you have activision shitting out an outdated game every single fucking year at full price with another 50bucks worth of map packs. can you see the difference?

portal had unique gameplay that made it actualy interesting to play, with some puzzles at the end that were quite tricky. i suppose you could call it casual if you realy want to stretch the definition, but it was a good game either way.
skyrim on the other hand is part of a series of games that since morrowind has been moving further and further away from its core audience by casualizing every single aspect of play. its realy no surprise that people are salty about it.

youre full of shit.

It was hilarious watching them kill their own game for no fucking reason.

It took them what, two years? To fix that shit.

oh look more chinese pandering

kraaaaaa

Holy shit the retards live up to the image and doesn't even realize it

While no reference was directly made by Valve, TF2 is largely associated with MLP and Gaben has stated in interviews that he considers himself a fan of the show, saying that "pinkie is best pony."

pretty shit taste in waifus if you ask me.

So I take it you feel too embarrassed to address the lack of double standards in your shitposting image

Sorry I don't feel the need to validate every retard's shitpost

here's your (you)

What a pussy.

I burst out laughing in portal 2 when a loading screen popped in the middle of the escape sequence

I just want some heroes to be useful again.

like make lycan good at jungling again.
or brewmaster capable of offlaning better.

What never used heroes would you like to see come back into action Holla Forums?
I'd like to see troll warlord be a bit stronger.

why does every fuckinass moba need wukong?

really? i tried that and all i got was this weird alien cat pokemon

But that's not Streum On

But what about Devolver Digital and Cyanide?

i dont know, its pretty hilarious to think that its such a huge problem that they had to fuck everything up. i wouldnt even know about this otherwise

what did I miss?

I'm surprised its still a thing. Sometimes I wonder if that halo thing I got for not cheating is worth anything since its so old, but then I realize that I really don't give a shit anyway.

You think you do, but you don't

as far as i know and the last i heard of it, every time you trade an item in steam you have to do an email confirmation cause somehow people kept getting scammed.

trading is literally not worth doing anymore
holy fuck

Most of those heroes are still good, or have other playstyles that you have to find that are more in line with the current meta. But the meta rules all, and that is a fickle, swaying mistress.
Also,
Stop ruining my pubs

How faggots? Huh? How?
Are you scared that people will stop making free mods? Because that's the weakest fucking argument on earth. I would expect at least have the community to continue making free mods.
Even if a lot of people made mods paid, I doubt the price would realistically go any higher than 2 dollars except for massive dedicated expansions.

Considering everyone and their mom and can make a mod, I highly fucking doubt things being paid will effect you.

Oh and furthermore: If a mod is paid, and you don't fucking want to spend money, DON'T FUCKING BUY IT.
It's the author's choice to sell the shit they fucking make, don't you fucking think?
Just like it's an author's choice to sell a book they write, or a game they make.

You aren't fucking guaranteed free shit as long as the word "mod" comes after it you fucking goobers jesus fucking christ.

Stop being generic and get creative dull boy.

yup, i dont have a good number of the latest tf2 weapons because i just dont feel like putting up with it. actually i may have crafted them even with their ridiculous metal costs.
people say this, that and the other killed tf2, but a significant part of the community was in to trading and i wonder how much this affected that. nobody ever seems to bring that part up

This has a pasta feel to it.

don't get me wrong. i haven't played in a year due to my laptop breaking and me switching to consolefag

but just a week ago i tried to trade some cards for smilies and i had to go through the most retarded bullshit

also don't get me fucking started on trading, jesus christ
a few years ago? 2 fucking 66 a key. 2 fucking 66. you could open crates for stranges and get a profit. now? good fucking luck.
first day of trading i was being a spaz 13/14 year old and kept tripling my hat count then deleting them all day for the first week
i could've been rich as fuck

That's not really jungling then, that's just being a clever support. I do the same with Crystal "Best Girl" Maiden
That's missing out on enchantress' laning stage pressure on the other lanes, which is the best thing about her. BUT you can probably do this
THIS is where I draw the line, because what you're really doing is fucking over your position 3 (the offlaner) and ensuring your team has shit lanes since your solo support is doing all the work. That shit only rarely pays off, and when it doesn't you're just screwed.

The only creative adjustment I need in the meta right now is for Carry Maiden to finally be a thing.

Whats your MMR?

I mean you knock enchantress lane so its American 4k right?

What, you mean they keep playing troll jungle above 4k? Does it ever gett better?

EU West

Yes and no. You find more good people as you rise up the ranks, who know how to play the game better, but you still find just as many shitters and people with terrible attitudes
The solution is to just play you, keep your own positive mental attitude, mute anyone who can't listen and hope you get lucky and pick the role which the matchmaking expected you to pick

The co-option begins

How can you possibly say enchantress lane isnt amazing?

What can I do I'm down 500 mmr to 3.5k what is something I can just autistically spam to get back up?

Get out, avatarfag.

You take shits.
So you must love shit!

How is doing this with troll warlord any different then a ursa jungle? You get rosh early you give your team gold, you then gank shit and dominate the lane with your presence.

I think I talked with you before.

Jungling is not when someone stays afk to get farm then comes out to carry the game, you jungle to give lanes the exp it needs while you get strong yourself. Not to be treated as a single player game.

I'm not saying it isn't, I said you could make it work. I'm just saying I haven't seen it done by any teammates I've had, and that I'm worried that sitting her in the offlane means she's not harassing the other lanes with timely rotations that clench the laning stage

Reminder do not have serious conversations with people about the game. They may be delusional low mmr players.

maybe dont have raids if you dont want our sekrit club to get attention. guess what some anons are doing right now with no mans sky?

And by not instantly admitting how great enchantress is and thinking in such narrow definitions of a hero I can tell you're a complete shitter.

Yes, I recall this conversation. You have a very different definition of what jungling is, which is good for you but very different from the standard.

You left out your bait flag

They already ported all of the heroes.

You don't know a strat that's been on the front for at least 6 months then you're trash.

This is an 18+ board, kiddo

Offlane enchantress is one of the hardest laners to kill if you are up against auto attacking heroes.

if she isn't focused on early game with a trilane she can effectively bully the carry and shut them down. Picking her can force the enemy team to pick burst heroes which can make your own team effectively pick something to flat out ignore burst damage.

That was the year the pissi master riz shit and valve dicksucking started, wouldn't be surprised if cuckchan Holla Forums was full of valvedditors back then.

I can see how that would be handy, yeah.

I have not seen anyone pick troll warlord in such a longtime as with many other heroes.

but it sounds like you've seen some troll jungles in your game. Do they atleast use iron talon and cut down trees to farm without taking any damage?

Jewben learnt his lesson after having not enough shills employed the last time and nobody cared about his steaming pile of shit.

Alctualy 4cuck Holla Forumsg died off and we have a influx of new visitors from /d2g/ and /tf2g/.

how?

You didnt see increasing posting in /furry/? Even autists understand how honeypot 4cuck are now. dont forget most proxy nodes are banned on halfchan.

Well guess it would be nice having more than 4pph in Holla Forums.

Too bad all the BOs are faggots.

Agree. This would be cool have a more people in side board.

No I don't browse /furry/

And the increased posting is supposed to be because they're getting spammed.

Are you fuckin kidding me? After the other meet the team videos and being anticipated for meet the pyro, hoping he'll get some more characterization, all we get is "LOL HES A PSYCHO WHO SEES PONIES AND RAINBOWS HAHAHAHAHA". It's not funny and it's not creative, and it showed as a testament to the state of TF2 and what it was becoming, le ebin meme game with "funny" shit with no hint of seriousness or cohesive game world.

welcome to the other honeypot

It is getting spammed. The entire board is unreadable. The ride looks to be never ending either.

Skeleton king was changed because of Blizzard, not because of China. Your China theory is fucking retarded because there are still other skeleton heroes in the game.

inb4:
Yeah, just like SKK had.

Do you have brain damage, user?

Blizzard was pretty arrogant and thought that IceFrog should just port it for free to SC2.

That's not true, user. valvesoftware.com/trademarkguidelines.html

its was a magic jew flik, jackie chan and let li both played second fiddle to some matzo's spawn getting the hollywood star-maker treatment.

You need to verify it through the mobile steam app now, e-mail isn't enough.

hiveworkshop.com/repositories/models.530/?tag=10

The latest international has shown that Valve truly are gigantic jews. I know that you have to be a good goy to buy the compendium in the first place, but they're really going all out on exploiting whales and people's weaknesses for money. There is straight up gambling everywhere in the compendium. To start you can bet points on any match you play and make predictions for every single pro game. I don't hate those but I don't like them either. The proper bad shit is in the compendium levels. If you pump the compendium full of your shekels it "levels up" and at each level you get a reward. Every couple levels there's a pachinko machine minigame (that is clearly rigged) as well as a spin the wheel minigame (that is also rigged). The only reason this shit isn't straight up illegal is because you aren't getting real money from it, you're getting in game items (that you can trade and thus have real value).

I don't want to say we need a bigger government but this kind of gambling absolutely needs more regulation. It is the government's responsibility to protect the people, even if its from themselves and right now they are completely failing. I guess I can't blame Valve because from their point of view they are making lodsamone, but it certainly doesn't make me like them.

I wouldn't say most of them are poor if you're looking at them from Valve's point of view. They've made a truly absurd amount of money with a relatively small amount of effort and they're still well respected by most players outside of Holla Forums. I don't like them but they've been making good decisions.

I'm gonna have to semi defend Valve on this one, Steam games by default work exactly like that (go launch FTL with Steam disabled, it works fine). The issue is that if there's no DRM then developers will just use their own, so Valve says that you aren't allowed to use any intrusive 3rd party DRM on Steam but if you really must then you can use their own (which is easy as shit to crack). Of course if the DRM is in the background like Denuvo or if they've been pushed enough like Uplay then Valve doesn't give a shit about enforcing their own rules.

Just wait until they introduce in-client betting on tournament games with valvebux or items or something.
I'd bet that's part of the reason why they cleaned out all the third-party betting sites.

Now all 3 main MOBAs have Sun Wukong
even fucking Warframe have it

Journey to the West vidya FUCKING WHEN

Dude, that gambling shit was in the compendiums since the first major iirc.
They also have now items you get that expire after three months or so, just so you can rebuy them with the next compendium.
Also some of the cosmetics you could get would still need an unlock after you had them to display all of their effects. Sais unlock could be gotten through more chests you could buy with compendium points.

And there are still enough fucking retards that can't stop throwing money at them for whatever reason and would probably sell everything they have for the next shinny courier.

By now I really think that they simply need to have some fucking kind of mental disease or be extremly stupid, as in clinically retarded, to still fall for this shit.

I hope you like Ninja Theory.

This was actually alright for what it was. No surprise that the writers kept Tam Tam in line.

It also scratched my "junkyard tech" itch that's been missing ever since the 90's ended.

Why is that a problem though, not like valvedrones care about privacy.

Don't forget the limited edition Leejun item that you can only get by leveling your compendium to 200 or so, but don't worry you can also buy those levels for a modest fee of several hundred dollars.

They even remind you if you haven't leveled up your compendium to get it (and the environment) now and straight up say that it's untradeable so this is your only chance. What government agency is responsible for regulating this shit and why can't they do their damn job?