No Man's Sky General #2

Salt planet edition.

No man's salt. Not a single man can handle this salt.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.soundcloud.com/sherrallado/joe-pass-pink-guy-extended
imgur.com/a/7CZd0
pastebin.com/dspKVjD8
www3.zippyshare.com/v/zKLD6GxC/file.html
software.intel.com/en-us/articles/pre-release-license-agreement-for-intel-software-development-emulator-accept-end-user-license-agreement-and-download
aww.moe/u3a6fe.mp4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

How many times does this shit need to happen before normalfags figure out preordering video games is a scam?

It's basically noctis with shooting and light building mechanics. And barely better graphics.
Why everyone was so hyped for this?

It seems video games themselves are scam novadays. Fun for half a hour and then fast degrading non-fun piece of shit.

Because everyone acquired uncontrollable shit taste after fallout 4. They will chew down any kind of shit. Even if it doesn't have simple things you expect from games in this genre.

Fresh oc from the oven.

You mean Fallout 3?

I honestly have no idea, but I know people were hyped ever since the very first trailer that showed practically nothing.

Fucking ragdolls, what are they.

Yup. It's not about creating a system of intricate and interesting mechanics that play off of each other, it's about creating hype for the normalfags so they all buy it

The videogame industry, like the movie industry, has now become too big to fail. So we'll just continually get garbage that will make enough for the companies to continue and maintain their dominance, meanwhile actual good games can't get funding with all the indies everywhere and normalfags being too stupid to support the good stuff

also there is no good stuff but theoretically if there was.

One of the positive reviews I saw was
'The refund button works'

Hey guys hey guys, finally. Markimoo himself played it! It means its probably a great game.

kill yourself

so after 12 hours
1 its a grindfest but I don't mind mining I get a hard on for mining in mmos this really not much different slow at the start get a better tool becomes easier.

early on its slow as fuck lack of room lack of money lack of certain resources.
only till you get to 17+ slot mutitools that mining comes fast as balls

spend the time and make sure you have the units to buy exosuit slot upgrades this is pretty much the quickest way to get more room for shit and few upgrades get the jetpack and life support ones and you'll be melee hovering and don't need to refill your life support every few mins for hours on end.

did not get to it but supposedly follow the story(atlas) and get items that worth a shit ton drop a lot sell find a 5+million unit ship bam you get a good ship and slots I'll probably try for this tomorrow basically been exploring second system all day and shit.
space combat eh kinda of sucks cause of the fucking turnning on starting ship is pretty shit or idk haven't changed ships or had upgrades on it cause the slots are filled with shit i need.

it really is all the same for a while I guess its people who like exploring and grinding. I guess trying to understand what the aliens say is worth the time after getting like 50+ varkyen words doing their little chat with them to get shit became pretty easy.

its hell not worth 60 bucks that is forsure thank fucking god for pirating
also did not crash ran fine on high settings

i mean if they say they are gonna add building and other shit to the game cool but as it stands to expensive for what the game is. probably play more of it tomorrow

Leaked theme for the multiplayer menu!

I wonder what's the ratio to get mixed reviews, because for every positive review, there was about 25+ negatives.

Also nice digits

Opened a video just to check it was by Silva.

It was.

Honestly while this game is a buggy boring mess, it would be perfect as an mmo, cause mmos are all boring big mess. Multiplayer is literally the only thing that would have saved it, but they didn't even implemented it, and lied about its existence. Add ability to build along with multiplayer and that's it, minecraft killer is done.

You mean the original Xbox?

Обла - говно. Хуже скурима чесслово.

Чики брики и в дамки

And a vodka vodka vodka to you too.

I mean really is missing a few things and it would make a decent mmo not like eve but pretty close

when i first heard of no man's sky i was like ya space exploring with people and fucking up huge ass ships and such

hell could go off in empire building direction with the building if they do that.

too be completely fair, isn't the top image being run at completely maxed out settings while the bottom is a console screenshot?

CHEEKI BREEKI!

Suddenly, it all makes sense.

The devs think jews smell nice.

at least once more

Maybe its a good thing there are no mutiplayer. It doesn't have thousands of russians gankers screaming suka blyat.

LEWD

I honestly can't understand why they thought this was a good idea for a game.

Okay, so you figure out a way to make procedurally generated planets and animals, fine, one can easily point out the dangers of implementing such a system without setting in some hard limitations so things don't get too random and weird, and ruin impression. Why not use hard science, maybe tweak it a bit to spice things up?

Now, for the gameplay. Why the fuck do you need space police? Why not just include a number of different alien empires and sentient species the player can interact with?

Why is it so hard to make proper gun, tools and ship customization? There's been games already that did randomization of components halfway right, the rest is basically art to make it all not look like shit when combined and playing Lego with your stuff.

What the fuck did they spend all the years making the game on?

You assume that normalfags care about games enough to remember being scammed. They'll jump on the next "YOU CAN DO ANYTHING" hype train that comes along just as easily as this one.

checked, don't worry chose to not give it anything.

it took pity on me and gave me 980 creds

I wish I could enjoy games.

I play them, they entertain me for half an hour and then I can't play anymore, unless they are addictive.

I couldn't even fucking play Morrowind because I broked it and got 275'000 gold from killing Ordinators and selling their armor to the Mudcrab merchant, I just ended up going to all the trainers and learning all the skills, buying all the spells and all the fucking potions and, well, just fuck my shit up.

I got Moon and Star, and I guess I'm currently in process of getting the houses to recognize me as the Hortator but it's just so borrrringgggggg.

It was gripping before, but I don't know man I really want to enjoy it I just cannot.

Maybe it's because I have depression. I can't have fun playing videogames at all anymore, unless it's high-risk high-reward put-everything-on-the-line or a high-skill intensive type of game, like CS, Rust, Darkest Dungeon, Quake 3, fucking piece of shit RNG Hearthstone, Minecraft (for Redstone), Binding of Isaac, etc.

Chunk of these games are poorly done, about half of them I know like the back of my hand. I feel so empty, misdirected, like I have nothing else to play. I boot up a game, and I can't fucking enjoy it. I pirated Oblivion, I pirated FO:NV, Skyrim, Morrowind, all of them loaded with mods… Becoming bland and boring 10 hours in. Granted, I already know those games, too.

I played shooters, I played fucking RPG, I played forgotten shit from 2007, I played obscure FPS from 2000's I revisited my all time favorite games like American McGee's Alice, BloodRayne, Wolfenstein, fucking everything that my gaming "career" started with.

I feel empty. I feel burning passion for videogames in my chest, with nothing to fucking sate it with.

You can call me a man of poor taste, but would you blame a crippled alcoholic drinking hand sanitizer? I don't enjoy most of those games, that's for sure, but they fill up the "videogame" crave.

What an outstanding time in my life for games to become objectively, observably not fun, unoriginal, procedural, mechanical, fucking soulless hunks of GRAPHIX BRO and DAMN SO HYPE AMIRITE BRO.

I want this to end. It feels like a spike lodged in my chest. I want to be 12 years old, playing modded Oblivion, believing in the world and feeling like a part of it, I want to be able to drink 12 energy drinks in a row without consequences and shit on people in Quake again. I want to fucking feel. I'm just so dead inside.

Considering the entire dev team is white dudes, I assume they were spending at least 3/4 of their days watching niggers fuck their…
Wait. I almost implied they got pussy. How foolish of me.
I'm gonna go assume they were fapping to golf and buying polo shirts for their horses or something. Whatever they were doing, it wasn't making a video game.

Welcome to getting older. It's all downhill from here.

There are people that enjoy their lives, I refuse to believe that this is it

While I watched enough gameplay to say it was shit, you cannot just say things like "I cheated my way to get everything without any challenge and I didn't enjoy it anyway". You wouldn't be able to enjoy a good game either, if you just cheated everything.

This is the gayest post on the site. All those melodramatic words just to say, "I've burnt myself out on video games." Take a break, faggot

No, it just gets worse

what song is that?
sounds like a nujabes track

The problem you have is absolutely rampant on this board. I feel the exact same way. The main reason I browse Holla Forums so to desperately search for a game that I can actually enjoy longer than 30 minutes.

I know your feel user, i have exactly the same problem. Stop playing long term games with long progression. Try games that don't require you to sit down them for 60 hours to complete.

Competitive games, arcade games, racing games, fighting games and so on are much better for you if you don't want to sit down for more than an hour. And do something besides video games, cause they just can't be the only hobby of a sane man, or else you'll get bored pretty easily.

Grinding gives perceived value to ingame resources. Grinding existed for that purpose since he dawn of time.

If that's what you got from my post then you don't get exactly what I'm saying at all. I know what getting burnt out on videogames feels like.

But what is the reason? Why can't we get a moment of respite?

This is probably why I play CS:GO so much. It's an hour, but it has a promising beginning, the middle, the climax and the end.

It's Pink Guy extended by Joe Pass.
m.soundcloud.com/sherrallado/joe-pass-pink-guy-extended

thanks

I still can't get over how poorly this game runs while it looks like an early 360 game.

Fuck that, cheating in this shitty game is the only way to make it somewhat enjoyable. You can fuck around on the planets and not have to worry about refilling your oxygen every 2 minutes.

Levels of caring about nu male sky:

Level E404 - caring about ending resetting entire game
Level 999 - caring about cut down multiplayer or not available features
Level 998 - caring about preorder ship breaking the game
Level 666 - caring about abomination creatures and bugs
Level 599 - caring about game being boring and repetitive
Level 199 - caring about crashes on pc
Level 0 - not caring about shitty minecraft clone without building

Thats not what I said and I'm not going to break it down for you. My statement was not exclusive to No Man's Sky.

Sorry but I like the game too and don't get all the hate. It's space of course it's going to be empty you just got to explore.
It's fun to explore and cool to fly & land on some planet and try and make your mark. Also lots of people do like it.

Understand people have computer issues and that sucks I'm sorry to hear I hope they make a patch for you!

Just by the fact this guy has nu male sky avatar i can tell its a dev.

lmao

One is a game from 2005 or something other is a ps4 game from 2016, so no, they are not the same.

Nobody here gives a flying fuck about the game, we are just scraping some semblance on entertainment out of the salt. God knows there is fuckall else to do with the hobby these days.

Egh.. glad I didn't spend a dime on this. Thanks GOG.

ayyy lmao

Interesting fact, unsuccessful weeb games from japan sometimes gain 300000 sold copies when they enter steam (dragon's dogma on first day had 300k sales). That's more than nu male sky did.

There are 111000 nu male sky owners on steam.

Play some old ps2/ngc games and chill out, like i do.

That is false. What you see are people who have successfully temporarily fooled themselves into believing that things might get better.
Come back in a decade and let me know how that works out for you.

post yfw this pile of shit got 6'660'000 goy dollars on Steam alone.

Maybe I can feel better if I get on antidepressants though

I can't even get it to run on mine, because I'm not spending that amount of effort trying to figure it out.
I'll just wait a week or so.

Fuck, they still won by having 60$ price tag.

I can't, I'm burned out. Like that other user said, I wish I could enjoy games, but most old games are either shit I've already played to death back in high school or just too limited, the new stuff is even worse, nobody has any aspirations in this hobby anymore, nobody wants to create living worlds you can interact with.

It's just nu male cucks posting on tumblr with their faggot glasses, effeminate beards and pretentious shirts.

Now take into account Steam's cut, Sony's cut, the money they have to pay for the refunds, etc.

Nu males sky is over.

Well, then go be a family guy, start your own career, find yourself a wife, make children. That's a living world to interact with too.

who am i kidding, we are all losers in life here

You forget those games don't have 60$ price tag.

Just wait for the GOG update and pirate that

I got a girlfriend that believes in traditional family values. Literally the only issue I have in life is the overwhelming lack of aesthetic and cultural value in fucking anything nowadays.

I did start reading Lovecraft after playing Darkest Dungeon, though. I really like English. That's about the only thing that tickles my cultural gland at the moment.

Well, good for you. The success in life might get your hopes up. No point in playing vidya later.

I really can't recommend it, user. Your body may be fooling you into feeling a certain way, but in the back of your mind, you'll know it's a lie.

That's what I intend, but I'm not checking for it every hour, because eh.

Now take into account all the PS4 mongs. I imagine they'd cancel out this PC fiasco by sheer numbers.

No but it's the other way around right now. I know that I'm feeling a certain way because I'm depressed and I realize with my brain that there's no way there's no cultural value left in the world.

You think why all those nu males exist? They accepted the fact that corporations and their wifes shits on them, so they became obedient slaves that are alright in promoting homosexuality and gladly will take care of the bull for their wives. They accepted adultery as a society norm. And they will try teach children the same. Easy life.

Accepting defeat means becoming like them.

Some fresh salt I found on cuckchan and reddit.
But I think it's getting to the point where almost nobody is defending this shit any longer.

Honestly this thread just became really sad, like we try to get salt from ourselves, not normalfags.

Is that cuckchan in the last two pics?

That's only 4-5% until a negative rating. Seems like there's always stubborn ones but it's obvious that it's not a good game.

Most "hater" threads were cleared up. Devs are happy.

Cuckchan is tumblr and reddit though.

No, there are way more than that. There were 200,000 people playing simultaneously eariler today. SteamSpy only updates like once a day.

As sad as it is to admit, the game is not a flop.

Why are plebbitors so gullible? It's like they can't stop eating shit.

Although I will add that it's probable that some people refunded it. The question is how many.

halal

They eat shit for attention. They would force themselves to play a boring "walk & mine" game forever just to make themselves proud they aren't "haters".

Discussion board after being "cleaned up"

Devs listen to reddit, this is no wonder videogames are shit nowadays.

So if I actually like the game where should I go to talk about it.

Everybody here just wants to laugh at the drama, which is fine, but by extension that means there's no discussion to be had here. Plebbit is just as bad but on the other end of the spectrum: They just wanna defend the game and suck helo games's dick and are too busy doing that to talk about the game

Get yourself a better taste man. Its like you play video games only for a year or so to be exited for this.

Where the torrent at?

That's even fucking worse, that's over a DECADE worth of difference, and it's bare fucking minimum requirements are insane, ontop of looking like utter fucking ass.

kek last time I saw an user make a thread about his game he got shat on for not wanting to make his game free and everyone called him a jew and a shill for daring to make that thread without handing out free copies to test

I mean cmon now it's understandable why they go to Reddit

Sorry, you're fucked. You have to choose between some shitty forum full of 13 year olds, steam discussion board full of 13 year olds, reddit, or here. Or have a friend that plays it that you can talk to.

Now shills pretend its early access game.

I'm not surprised, and they didn't change the cursor when you use a mouse, you have to hold down the keys to do fucking anything.

if there was anything to talk about the game there would be ongoing discussions right now

"hey guys remember when you mined that rock on that planet, that was awesome"

This is an exact copy of an Elite Dangerous excuse.

This is sad.

Well, if answer honestly. Undertale have its avatar fag threads. Overwatch has its avatar fag threads.

Nu male sky will have one too probably.

Wait a minute, where's that pic…

The game isn't well designed, with conflicting designs and the depth go as deep as a puddle, the game doesn't flow because it relies on procedurally generated planets that might have moments of "fun", the music fades in and fades out really quickly and never will you experience the music to it's full extent.

The game has no objective or subjective value compared to Sonic '06, where you can speedrun that game and the flaws actually disappear, Doom 4 at least has some dry meat to eat through. No Man's Buy is the dry and grown out tofu of videogames.

Kill yourself, you stupid motherfucker.

With Sonic 06 they at least tried to make a game

Roast in hell.

I like to do the punch and then the jetpack.

I like to see the creatures.

If anything, Sonic 06 actually had better story and some value to it. At least it wasn't a walking simulator.

NMS is the biggest fail since both spore and sonic 06, making them look better in comparison.

Well, I don't think it's a good game, technically, but I still enjoy it the same way I do space engine: As a comfy timewaster and something to make screenshots/desktop wallpapers out of.

Which is exactly what I expected to get out of it, and what everybody should have. If anything, my problem with it is that what little gameplay it does have (mining for resources to refuel your shit) takes away from the comfy exploring and makes it less fun.

That would be fine if it wasn't 60 fucking dollarydoos. It's honestly worth a torrent, but not even close to $60.

By the way, what NMS players even discuss while they playing it? How planets are filled with penis shaped creatures and mountains? How they met prime gender 400kg long abomination? How they mined one planet for 12 hours straight? How they found new ship that is different color?

Holy shit i don't know what to even discuss about NMS. What you would talk about anyway?!

Have you played it?

Every once and awhile you can find a neat looking planet. Nu Man's Sky is like a meta game describing all of modern gaming. You have to dig through muh18 quintillion planets of shit to find a few okay ones. It's just like modern video games where you have to dig through a bunch of shit to try and find something good.

Didn't Katawa Shoujo have as many generals as planets in NMS back on halfchan? And that's a fucking VN.

Leave it autists to drag out a discussion of anything.

I agree with you, and you'll note I didn't say I think it was worth buying for most people, I just said I enjoyed it

No. Tell me. I've only seen streams and videos of it. You can't even discuss a story cause its almost non-existent and ending is retarded as fuck.

I guess we could go on scavenger hunts?

Like… find me a creature designed by Ben Garrison…?

Apparently you need to be autistic enough to play this shit and "imagine your own stories".

Reminder that Space Engine is the objectively better "go from planet to planet to marvel at pretty space stuff" simulator. It's also free.

But can I name a bouncing penis monster after my cat?

WAIT A FUCKING A MINUTE, THE HUD IN E3 TWO FUCKING YEARS AGO, E3 2014, LOOKS INFINTELY WAY BETTER

DINOSAURS, IN NO MANS SKY AND ACTUAL TREES?

but can you imagine your own stories

wow unlimited possibilities guys

i'm and i'm not sure I agree

Space engine is better for, well, space, but actually in/on planets, NMS has the edge.

Then go pirate it, play it, and then shit on it if you find something to shit on in that regard. You're acting like the reverse version of Reddit - instead of kissing ass of a game for no reason and no evidence, you shit on it with equal amount of evidence.

No Man's Sky is shit. However, I make that assertion based on what I KNOW about the game. Not on what I assume about it, or I heard about it.

People like you make Holla Forums unbearable sometimes. There's always a reason to shit on something, but when you do it in a completely baseless manner it makes my fucking blood boil.

Wow, you've never seen that before!

Performance sucks major ass. I'm getting around 20fps.

also

It's Pokemon Snap except instead of Pokemon it's random shit you don't care about and instead of being strategically placed they're just all over the fucking place.

Yeah the game looks like it got downgraded. Still somehow runs like shit.

I have no problem with that. At least that's one thing to do in this piece of shit

This game is a study in vapid hype, denial and rationalisations. I wonder how much of it evolved organicly and how much is due to viral marketing.

user, there are dinosaurs actually, don't be retarded. I confirmed that they erased nothing from e3 demo except for giant dune-like sand worm.

Its just they shown the least retarded creatures on promotional images, that are actually hard to find.

user, i can't. it crashes for me

also

Its like japanese store. They will sell you shit if you don't even speak a word in japanese.

Played this game for an hour or so, got bored of it and already quit. Unless there is some major gameplay ahead of me that I'm missing out on I feel like I've already experienced it all kinda.
No real motivation to do anything unless you want to farm for a different ship.. or learn alien words … zzzzzzzz

I don't understand the point of the language learning because you can always interact with them.

Also i wonder, you don't encounter any human species in the game, at all. There are no humans.

But on the promotional image you look nothing like any of intelligent species of the game.

even the different weapon types are completely pointless when you take into account the mining beam exploit that makes it never overheat.
I have a tiny ass 10 slot multitool filled with just mining beam stuff and I can wreck any enemy the game sends at me in a split second, that bolter thing is hot trash in comparison and its only role is combat.

(checked)

i'd say sbout 60-60 :^)

This game is ugly as shit.

That's pretty much all there is to do.

Mine
better gear
better ships
words
maybe the little log entries if you find those interesting

isn't that illegal?
pretty sure there was another dev that made the same (deleting negative comments and so on) and he was kicked out of steam

Clue is in the title

But user! You dont understand - it's ART!

This game would be better with third person and an hyper-sexual female character to play as.

Do you mean a female sidekick who wants your dick nonstop?

Any game would be better with hyper-sexual female character.

Except Gaichi

UNLIMITED POSSIBILITIES

How misogynist. Are you saying that the only humans of worth are the men?

This game would be a better game if it would contain ANYTHING.

Mutliplayer would fix this game.
Character customization with ship creation would fix this game.
Building would fix this game.

Literally add anything video gamey to it and it will become a video game.

lol what

isn't a game supposed to be challenging not just a grind of simple bullshit

That's racist

Just go all out and give the player an anime harem full of qt alien girls.

Fuck you, now I just had an idea.
You will never ever ever have a “homestead the universe with your family” simulator.

Wow, how entitled are you

Hope you've got a lot of wheelchairs because npcs legs don't work in this game.

No user your dubs are racist.

but user, grinding is already there, thats videogayme isnt it :^)

That's what the $39.99 season pass is for silly.

well people who like this game are deff challenged all right

No user you are the dubs

SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU ENTITLED PIECE OF SHIT YOU'RE JUST A HATER

Make it wives, as in, plural, each tasked with operating one aspect of the ship.

All are customizable in both looks and personality.

If this game was third-person I would pirate it.

I hate first person.

sounds like it could get annoying

Never marry or reproduce.

Or obey, or consume. :^)

This game is exactly what the developer said it would be, you have a huge galaxy to explore with limitless variations, The fact that you name every planet and animal you find is just incredible,The game is randomly generated and looks stunning.

Ignore all the bad reviews from gamers with no imagination looking for a cod style shoot em up in space, base building promised in free updates.

It has great puzzles too.

Get out, seriously.

Middle one. Also kill yourself.

You got me, I honestly started typing up an annoyed response.

Actually deviantart is already salty there's no third person female character.

imgur.com/a/7CZd0

Resolution literally doesn't do anything

lmfao fam

The universe in this game is just so dull, lifeless, ugly, and just not worth digging deeper into.

The fact that the most hyped thing, being able to catalog and survey alien worlds, is duller than similar quests in MMOs and filtered through a disgusting, urine stained color filter complete with textures that make Spore look like Crysis and alien creatures that look like a retard's take on Cronenberg, and the general lack of anything worth doing makes this sting even harder. And they want $60s when Elite Horizons is looking set to do what this game does and do it 1000x better.

Is it confirmed that going to the center of the asshole just resets your game to zero?

That's the only thing I've heard about it, so I'm going to say yes.

It's 8273 you literal retard

The fucking combination changes the 8 from the 4th place, to the 3rd place, to the 2nd place to the first place

It's not hard hahahahahahaha

Your'e so fucking dumb

No Woman's Sky :^)

it just breaks all your shit and puts you back at the edge of another random galaxy.
Since you keep your end game ship and multitool its pretty pointless to even bother with new game+ since the only reason to keep playing is to get better shit.
If you already have the best shit why bother?

I just love comments saying "you lack imagination to play this game properly". Or "to like this game you must imagine your own stories". I would rather read a book, that's a better hobby for someone with big imagination.

It's basically the same fucking excuse faggots use when defending Bethesda games, "invent your own fun". They're LARPing in the game, everything being in their heads to keep the thought they shat $60 down the drain away.

Because exploration, user. Looking at things is the bee's tits.

btw are there really no suns in the galaxy? how does that even work?

Have you seen Oblivion (movie)? Tom Cruise basically lived that life.

The suns are skyboxes, not actually an object.

I never watched "oblivion" cause… the name.

You think you're so smart, I bet you're just copying what said, and he probably just guessed.

It's a shit movie, you needn't bother.

It's a legit argument, though.
You should counter-argue that NMS's systems ain't dynamic enough to work as a proper sandbox, though.
And every game experience is in your head either way, though.

user Horizons is already out, and it already does do what this does. Minus life, but really, who cares. See one seen em all..

So what if you fly toward it? Is the game less open world than they claimed?

Holy shit, you're stupid.

LEWD

Thing is, the difference between role playing and make-believe/playacting is reactivity.

With role playing the game has a system in place to determine the outcome of your actions, so if you say "I stab the dragon with my sword" the game will calculate the likelihood of you succeeding, and if so, how much damage you did.

With playacting you "stab" your friend, who is playing the dragon, and the whole thing devolves into "I so stabbed you" "Nug-uh, did not faggit". Hell, even that is better than what you get in braindead games like Oblivion and NMS, because at least there is some reaction to what you are pretending to be doing.

This is golden.

"The game doesn't allow me properly land or take a flight around the planet!"

"it just doesn't allow you to crash, you fool!"

Never hear of him before, his stuff's pretty good

Yes the movie's shit but still, the MC is living the dream.

You can warp towards it, but it never appears closer and you never die from it.

You can't even reach the sun in the game, because it's just a skybox.

It's goddamn hilarious how much of the game is just bullshit marketing and lies by omission.

That would be the dream if he could also fuck the qt French girl too, or both at once.

So you can't even explore space, you just "warp" between planets? Shit this is even worse than I expected.

That guy's a retard who didn't actually play the game. He says he only saw someone else play. why are you treating him like he has the right to an opinion? In actuality the game doesn't constrain you to a plane, it just has a minimum height so you don't crash. Why would you even want to crash in the first place? It would detract from the experience.

of fucking course.

:^)

Also it's a team of contributors. That's how the channel uploads a video every hour

Yeah shoot asteroids, land on planets and moons, dock at space stations and that's it.

Illegal? nah, it's a private forum owned by steam so free speech laws don't affect it.

Steam can argue it's against their terms of service and kick the mods off if they want though.

And keep in mind devs can just appoint any fanboy as moderator, works just as well and they don't get the blame for it.

I expected that since first trailers, when i've seen that entire space is fucking pink/yellow. I knew it was limited as fuck in terms of space exploration.

Daily reminder that we had games with a thousand times more complexity back 20 years ago.

Much like niggers, our hobby has actually managed to devolve the further ahead we go in time.

Yeah, just look at Star Control 2 or Starflight. I can't believe people are calling this shit innovative.

Like I said, dynamics.

In Bethesda's defense, I must say that almost every "rpg" in the world is actually really fucking awful at roleplaying anyways. They are either focused on combat or storytelling.

By the way guys, have you forgot already, that this game was meant to be played in fucking VR?! Imagine playing it in VR with that fov and saturation. No man would take a challenge of trying it out.

Kill yourself.

Don't forget blinding green where you can't see anything.

Why is space the color of the homo flag and not black?

That picture would be a nice concept graphic for a space shooter a la Strike Suit Zero. But I guess fun games aren't a possibility from this dev.

How the fuck do you improve performance in this fucking shit. Adjusting res isn't doing shit

Or Frontier, Privateer, fuck we had open world games that allowed for all manner of playstyles.

Difference is that Bethesda games offer you all manner of "activities" but the AI is moronic and the writing so linear and stale that it never really acknowledges anything you do in any meaningful ways.

Old Fallouts and New Vegas, or Alpha Protocol, actually do take into account the most likely and logical actions a player could do in a given situation, and include them in the writing, and depending on what you do (kill children, rob graves, engage in slavery) the world reacts to it.

uninstall.exe

I wonder if developers were actually inspired by A E S T H E T I C S of vaporwave. But in some bad nu male way. Like a bad taste of it. I don't know how to call it.

Because procedural generated pieces of shit

Is this game even a sandbox? I felt as much on a rail as I did playing cowadoody
Of course, you have all the freedom to not follow this order, but what the fuck else would you do? Looking for unique planets is pointless since they don't exist, combat of any kind is fucking terrible, on that note, flight controls are fucking terrible, I didn't get far enough to start interacting with ayys, but I doubt that would be the one thing to completely turn the experience around

Set your framerate limitation to unlimited or 90. People say that makes it run much better for some strange fucking reason.

Kill yourself.

Aside from being objectively shit the game is kinda comfy for a while if you liked warframe and thought that aside from the shitfest, fallout 4 was at least mediocre/decent.
Also getting it for free helps.

But the anti-aliasing sucks and every few hours the framrate drops and the game has to be restarted, luckily it autosaves everytime you do something.

Unlike what people say, the planets are quite varied, and each environment has a different feel. What isn't varied are the outposts on each planet, they're probably all the same except for a few props.

Overall, it's a 4/10 with $60 pricetag, and a 7/10 without, if you only play the first few hours.

This uses the same engine as Planetside 2, I assume.

There are people who ENJOY THIS

at 9 FPS

There are people who enjoy this with only 9 chromosomes.

No. It uses same engine as Joe Danger does. I believe they confirmed it themselves.

Go into your games folders in the \Binaries\SETTINGS and open TKGRAPHICSSETTINGS.MXML and change the setting "GSync" option, change it to "false".

It doesn't fix everything but it helped some for me.

Already tried that, this game is fucked beyond reason

At least vaporwave AESTHETICS have a sort of charm to them.
This just looks ugly and uninspired.

You’re a shill.

You need to actually have that option in the first place, or launch the game to generate game's settings at least once though.

The game really is so beautiful that framerate doesn't matter. Why are PC fanboys always going on about framerate when it really doesn't matter, it just takes some getting used to.

Oy vey.

It's actually slightly entertaining for awhile as long as you didn't pay for it

For a moment there user I thought you were being serious.

"your eye can't even see above 5 fps anyway"

Anyway. There are people already questioning the meaning of multiplayer.

checked

Easy. Just play a better spess game like Homeworld or Nexus.

I'll give it a shot, cheers nig

There is no multiplayer.

Yeah this won't last long, just had to experience the catastrophe for myself.

Holy shit, they deleted this thread right in front of my eyes.

whats the dumbest shit no fly buy / peter murray has tweeted out?

You can pirate it, i've not seen any torrents over 2.5Gb

Quit lying, please.

Now i am just reading silly complains.

If you got your head out of your own ass and quit circlejerking you would see that this gaming experience has amazing graphics.

In their defense, space can be quite colorful.
Certainly not completely neon fucking green, but you know what I mean.

Hes right though.
Whats the problem? Pirate this game in like 3 minutes flat, its shit. Don't bother.

Dammit Sean. Stop shitposting and fix your fucking game.

I wonder if sarcasm

Saying that shit like I don't already know that. I doubt anyone here actually bought this shit.

When are we bringing back public executions and child labor already? Everything went to shit after we stopped those things.

probably not.

You ain't thinking of actually giving these shysters money are you?

What are you, a dirty exploiting capitalist?

I wonder how many pajeet families Sony is keeping fed to shill this game.

Now you're just trying to hurt my feelings.

You've basically convinced me to play it. I can't play games that lack the color green. I'm not talking about the shit tier light or dark green, oh no. What a proper game needs is a lively shade of lime green; the color of nature, right choices and a happy lifestyle. If i have to give an example, Blazblue Calamity Trigger severely lacked a healthy dosage of green in its aesthetic. Sure there was Bang but
Stop fucking with me. As a result that game ended up being total shit. At least for me. But the good people at Arc System Works quickly recognized their mistake and added Hazama in the sequel Continuum Shift. He has an interesting playstyle revolving around green snakes, his hair is green, color palette overall began to include more green and everyone became happy. This same reason is also why i can't get into Guilty Gear. Their colors all clash with each other, creatin a clusterfuck of a show and yet there's no proper green to be seen at anywhere. I don't want to play as red hothead or blue handsome or orange kid or blue yellow black white dark-green ms. my wings are moving on their own, i want to feel the liveliness and the joy of a character. When i found that Raven from would be appearing as a DLC for GGXrd #Revelator i was super excited because he was kick ass to play as in Overture but no, they turned him into some edgy ying yang boring anime psychopath number 8.

ITS 2016

its 2016, we should outlaw self defense and legalize pedophilia

I pirated the GOG version and played it for about two hours.

It's not the worst thing I've ever played but it's most certainly not "good" either, just mediocre really. The only thing this game is really good for is booting up once in a while just to get comfy, because admititly it is pretty comfy and had nice music. Aside from that I don't see how anyone can get engrossed in it for extended periods of time since its so fucking lacking in content.

But in all honesty why pay $60 for a space exploration sim when Space Engine looks better, does it better, and is free?

Maybe future updates might bring some more content and make it more playable but I doubt it. They should've done that pre-launch so they're fucked.

6/10

Also it runs fine on my fx6300 GTX 960 system, FYI.

Say what you will, at least kids back in the day didn't have time to invent dumbfuck causes to champion, like social justice.

Holy shit. This game summoned deepers retards from the depths of Holla Forums.

I don't even believe you are sarcastic mentioning GG and BB so casually.

It's a pasta

Why i am not surprised you are a furfag?

Choose one, also why are you so triggered fam? Did I shit on your game?

Why am i in need to learn furfag terms? You fap to fucking animals, you freak.

Kill yourself for giving this game anything above 1/10.

Pirated it, played it for like two hours. After the first hour I had seen all the game has to offer. Figured I could keep playing to see if there was anything more. Nope. Repair ship, leave star system, repeat until you get to the center where the game restarts.
Fucking hell I knew the game was going to be boring but not this boring. Well done Hello Games.

k

It really is a tonne of fucking nothing.

You are height limited because the game has literally no physics interactions and the plane doesn't collide with the planet because they're too lazy to program that. When you land, you don't even land on the surface properly. You're always perfectly flat which leads to fun times where your plane's nose or rear is lodged in the ground. (But that doesn't matter because like I said there's no physics)

You can hit asteroids with your plane and they just disappear, right in front of you – but the game masks it by putting a billion filters on the screen for a split second and shaking the camera like a lunatic to show you damaged yourself (I've noticed everything does the same damage to you. About a 6th of your shield bar.)

Hey guys, the "gender prime" thing isn't a joke.
They literally threw in a bunch of math terms as genders.
(But they did throw in "male" and "female" too so not completely cucked)

How much you wanna bet they'll be selling DLC to make the game not devoid of fucking anything in less than a week?

The rare times you find a "Male" is purely an indication that there's a "Female" (Read: Same animal with a different color scheme or one part of the procedural nonsense is different)

They will make ton of dlc to that empty game. Maybe even multiplayer dlc for 40$.

That explains why the flying on planets feels like pure cancer. Good luck flying the way you want or landing where you intend to.

Uninstalled it already. Will not miss this game. I'll be surprised if more than 1000 people are playing this in a month or two.

or a bajillion dollar marketing campaign that requires millions of copies to be sold to break even

… What would those genders even be?
I literally can't think of anything outside of male, female, or none of the above.

This shit irked the hell out of me as well.

Also why the fuck are units of distance measured in a mystical unknown to all mankind Satan's special number "u"? Why couldn't they just use miles like normal people? kilometers are for commies

Prime probably reproducing by transforming into a car.

enjoy losing quality when you upscale your sexuality

Attack helicopter.

Mushrooms have thousands of sexes

Think about alien genitalia…
Actually, don't.

kek

How? Why?

Too late.

Science was a mistake. Christcucks had the right of it when they decided to burn those fuckers at the stake.

It just refers to minor genetic differences

The game is like Starbound in 3D.

Only, if you had no mods.
And there were no quests.
And there were no different biomes.
And you could only dig non-ores with random-chance-drop grenade launcher tech.
And every planet had the exact same resources but on a different RGB value.
And you almost never die.

The rest of starbound is right there:

On a side note; I found some cool randomly generated weapons at the rare trader stops, but sadly they all replace my current lazerbeem with exploitable cooldown, rock mining grenades and auto-aim-assisting macheen gun, so I haven't bought any yet (because they all seemingly don't have the ability to scan things)

This actually reminds me of Outcast, which came out in 1999, only difference is that that games wasn't shit and you had stuff to do in it.

But Christianity wouldn't exist without science, there would be no language or text to spread it, thereby keeping it to an extremely isolated tribe.

HOLY SHIT YOU RIGHT

I wonder if I could find a text file containing the list of genders

Pics related, posted in previous thread

Numales, just like females, can not create. They can only copy other peoples creation. And they tend to suck at even that.

Look at this blatant lie of a trailer, is this even legal?

I'm also gonna point out the caves you blast with grenades look nicer than the generated ones, because the game likes to overpopulate the caves with stalagtites and stalagmites fucking everywhere

I installed my vaporwave soundtrack and gone into space adventure, while you faggots enjoying the drama. Man, this game is really made for people like me, who just want to roam infinitely generated planets, and explore infinite worlds. Its eventually gets rewarding, and there are actually quests and storyline, unlike some liars told you.

Just get GTX 960, and it will run fine. I agree it doesn't deserve money, even 30$ would be ridiculous, but its much better than some clones of minecraft for sure.

Space combat wasn't really well for me and i though entire space physics is boring, but planets are really atmospherically made. You should definitely pirate, it deserves more attention, don't listen to imageboard drivel. Also if you don't want to mine shit, just cheat, it does not affect gameplay anyway.

What, you can't even use your mining laser to mine rock?

Bethesda does it every five years so I assume that, yes, it is legal.

No.

Bravo, they managed to ape what Red Faction did 15 years ago. Bravo.

Nope.

The mining laser is for everything but mining. The only chunks of map it can break are the specific cubes of ore dotting the landscape. (The map gen doesn't have ore veins. It will only ever give you spheres, cubes or rings of ore on the surface.)

Guys, guys. Remember No Man's Sky predecessors?

Precursors and Parkan 2? Games where you must gather resources on planets and then venture into space to go on another planet?

Exactly the same shit. If you want something like NMS, you should try those games.

Both made by russian studios.

You had me until I looked up and saw your files.

I'd say red faction is way nicer. Because you could mine the walls with bullets if you modded them to have 0.1 blast radius.

I'll be surprised if No Mans Sky even has mod potential. I tried deleting some shader files (the "DEPTHOFFIELD" and "LENSFLARE" files. Sadly I didn't see a "SHITTY CHROMATIC ABERATION" shader.) and the game just regenned the files on launch. Maybe I'll try setting the folder to read only.

They probably have an equal amount of aids as this does.

I don't think you quite understand how these chucklefucks operate.

trips of truth

At least its not "randomly generated" and both of them have a story.

No Mans Sky for me has shown me that I have reached the point where I am happy that I have shit taste. According to everyone on the Internet, this game is Hitler. But I am having fun. I think it's impossible to have fun without shit-taste these days. So I am glad to have shit-taste. Thank you, brain, for being stupid enough to fall for such a game. There is yet hope.

Good for you user, go forth and eat that bowl of shit.

Sadly true. The game is a fucking 2 minute port from PS4. The left-over PS4 dll file can't even be deleted or removed from the .exe's list of imported DLLs because it still requires the DLL to run despite not being a PS4. Same with the Profanity Filter DLL, if you remove it or remove the entry from the exe the game just won't run.

Isn't that the profanity "filter" that recognizes jizz but not cum?

Another stellar aspect of the game that showcases how much care and attention went into making.

Can't wait for their pet tranny to kill herself.

There's a difference between:

-Large dopamine increase in brain because you just happy to be "playing the game", even if its shit

-Adrenaline, dopamine increase along with intellectual activity that makes neurons in your brain work harder to achieve a goal in the game

People who prefer the first can be addicted to mobile games. But people who prefer the second have much more solid fun than the first.

On top of that it's an amazing game with one of the best soundtracks I've ever heard. The 1.1 version is pretty neat adds a new planet and so much more. There is GoG version too

I'm actually curious to see if "cuck" is filtered. I'll try it out later (I discovered pretty much everything Planet NuDoom has to offer)

Hey the shill-bots are here.

Weak.

It's a Skinner Box.

nice meme

The fact that you use proxy makes it even more disgusting, someone would probably use it too and will get banned along with you, you fucking degenerate.

Wait. How the fuck a nigger loli has such straight hair?

I think it's braided

To the No Man's Sky Haters..

You.

Yes, you. The one screaming, "There's no multiplayer!" and "Sean Murray lied to us!" and other slurs I dare not mention.

Tread lightly.

You are one. We are hundreds, thousands. Millions. You aren't just IN the minority; you ARE the minority.

I don't feel awkward or anxious playing No Man's Sky around others, and your words don't affect me. Many others, however, are coming out of their shells for the first time in their lives. This is the first time many are enjoying the beautiful world that has been procedurally generated for us - and it IS beautiful. Incredibly so. DON'T ruin this for them. We No Man's Sky fans may have our differences, but we will not hesitate to come to the aid of our fellow explorers, especially against someone who so virulently slurs that which has brought us all together.

Don't take this the wrong way. I don't hate you. I don't fear you. I pity you.

I'm sorry that you feel this way towards us. I'm sorry that No Man's Sky is such a bane to your existence. And I'm sorry that you are missing out on such a wonderful experience. Mostly, though, I'm sorry that you feel the need to go around and publicly chastise and berate others. I'm sorry that, to ensure your own validity, you need to make others feel invalid. I'm sorry that your self-worth is so infinitesimally miniscule that you have to make others feel less-than-human, at least in your own denatured mind, just to feel whole. I am truly sorry that day-in and day-out you have to put up with your worthless, meaningless, Shakespearean tragedy of a life.

I ask you politely to cease your unnecessary cries for attention, and instead invite you to join our ranks. Uninstall Call of Duty, start up No Man's Sky, and breathe in the splendour and the amazement of your first planet, and then, maybe, just maybe, you'll see what you've been so hopelessly searching for this whole time.

Look at how fucking better Parkan 2 looks compared to NMS.

And this is Precursors.

Can I be FUCKING real for a second?

This community is fucking atrocious right now. You're all acting like a bunch of whiny, entitled little babies.

A tiny team of people made an entire universe for you to explore. They made it for YOU, and they're going to wake up tomorrow morning and see that instead of enjoying it, this community of "fans" picked out the 3 or 4 things that weren't perfect and are using that to fucking riot.

Guess what? The game was never going to be perfect. It was never going to live up to your hype. It was never going to be everything you'd ever want in a game.

What it WAS going to be was an impossibly big universe filled with mysteries and weird shit. I just played it for 2 hours and it was exactly that. What more do you want?

Is it buggy? Sure. Is it repetitive? Maybe. Is the inventory system imperfect and the multiplayer feature questionable and the structure unclear? Sure, fine.

But holy shit what do these people OWE YOU?

How fucking entitled do you have to be to explore an infinite universe in a spaceship and then say "yeah but…"

We should all be fucking weeping in our chairs right now at the sheer size and scale of the achievement. We should be showering the people behind this thing with the praise they deserve for pulling off one of the most inspiring games in recent memory.

Hello Games doesn't owe you the world. Yet they gave you 18 QUINTILLION of them.

If you have the fucking audacity to complain about it then you don't deserve it and you were never fans in the first place.

How does it compare to X3

The one thing that pisses me off so much about this trash heap is that changing pretty much any settings in-game requires a full fucking restart so it's not even easy to quickly see which settings give the best performance.

The game seems to "procedurally generate" shader files as my shaders folder is constantly getting new files added to it. I have no idea if there'sd a way to stop it – I can't just set "read only" on a folder, and I even tried adding "APPLICATION PACKAGE" as a security profile that can't "write" to the folder but that didn't seem to do anything that I thought it would.

How do I stop an application writing files to a folder?

nice try

Well, i never played x3 actually. At least seriously.

Thank you kind sir. The rest of the video's coming up after my hangover.

all at AAA price too

I will never understand the idiocy of normalfags

Found a positive review on Parkan 2.

Do either of these games let you freely explore random gen planets though?

can someone explain

what the fuck is this shitty space police?

why the fuck is everything copy pasted?

are mierals the only reason planets exist?

is this what people play on ps4?

why is aiming in this game so sloppy?

what is the deal with the slow movement?

did they on purpose make the spaceship controlle shitty?

why can't i crash on a planet?

are animals immortal?

why is it so hard to die?

what reason do i have to discover planets if everything is just copy pasted?

why is everything so dead?

why do all animals shake their head? was there a autism apocalypse?

You freely explore HANDMADE planets.

but user, why would I want a simulation of hell if I'm already there?

Not exactly what I'm after. I'd love a game with gameplay like parkan2 but on 18 QUINTILLION planets. That'd be a game I could be happy with.

Or hell just give me freespace with planets I can explore

ehh thanks for the suggestion, I will probably just stick with X3 if I need my fix.

Handmade > Random procedural generation.

Better design and less boring planets.

Are these things really happening nowadays? Do kids watch this?
Jesus christ

Randomly Generated planets can look great if you spend more than 5 minutes just copy-pasting the algorithm from Unity Tutorials.

lol If I set the framerate to 60, it's capped at 50. If I set it to 110, it's capped at 100.

Set to 60, I get horrible stutters. Starting in the intro video. Set at 110, the framerate still drops, but never below 70, and no stutters.

Oh and it's very obviously not rendered at the display resolution. Shit looks like sub 720p.

Turn off AA and bask in the jaggies because the game's lying about the resolution

you have to run the game in borderless windows and limit the frames with window's applying vsync to it, because nms's vsync is garbage

Game looks like Spore had explosive diarrhea

Space engine is absolutely terrifying, I can't explain why but the longer I play it the more I'm filled with a sense of dread.

Is this just happening for me?

LOL There is a steamworks fix already that let you use the online features with the pirated copy.

I sensed that too. Like its fucking infinite space out there, and we are just tiny little shits from all of it.

Here's it in 2K for comparison.

I am not even going to bother. It's just pure garbage.

It's like I'm playing a fan made remake of Age of Empires 1 with no terrain blending

I'l be honest, but never noticed this on console streams, those zig zags on textures are probably pc bug.

Do we witness the birth of a new genre - Empty Space Simulator?

Elite wasn't like this. If only the recent remake wasn't a damn grindfest…

Space engine if at least free though

The lens flare is disgusting

Precursors was fucking half finished, yet it was still better than NMS

I can connect to the servers and upload shit fine from the first torrent to come out, whats there to fix?

They probably included this option so they can blame their failure on piracy.

As someone whose had an odd love for lens flares since childhood, this physically hurts

steam store screenshots

You would never expect such simple shots to be bullshots.

Someone should sue them for this bullshit.

HOW COULD LET THAT HAPPEN

I have't seen a single planet like the middle screenshot, are there even oceans in this game?

no

That's some ubisoft levels of downgrading right there.

I changed all the "POSTPROCESSING", "DEPTHOFFIELD" and "LENSFLARE" shaders to blank txt files with matching names and file extensions and set them to read only to see if the game is even using these files or if they're bogus.

Tested ingame and it seems there's absolutely no difference. The files still remain at 0kb (As I set them Read Only I guess) but the effects are clearly still there. Perhaps these are bogus files for the PS4 and don't do anything on PC

considering theres trash ps4 library files that got ported over as well I wouldn't doubt it for a second.

They are probably left overs from the build process.

Just another sign of laziness and incompetence.

the naming system almost got be banned from playstation network

I considered this but then why is the game generating them at runtime? (if they're not already present)

Pic Related, I've changed "TERRAIN" shaders and I'll see how it goes (if anything changes at all)

Oh look I finally have a chance to post my OC Ive made months ago

The distances are incredible. No "size comparison" videos on youtube will properly show you the incredible vastness of everything; Space engine however does that perfectly.

Its amazing how slow light speed is for those distances, you cant even travel between solar systems with it.

And zooming in on a random star cluster and finding an entire collection of gas giants and rocky planets around it just like our solar system and realizing that there are bilions of systems just like this in the world is sure to give you an existentional crisis.

Honestly i am tired of sitting here and shitting on shit game. Its like constantly sitting in a lake of shit and screaming how its bad that the lake is full of shit. People who drank from this lake will continue to do so.

Time to get over this NMS crap. Better play good video games instead or watch something.

Might be a debug thing. That would be even worse.

Black holes are warp gates now.

said with that:

what games do have open space where you can land on planets?

yeah, going to try space engine.

Alright changing those shaders did nothing. I'm now tempted to just overwrite everything with 0kb files and see what happens, though at this point I doubt anything will. Everything the game uses is bound to be inside the PAK files in the PCBANKS folder

Give me an example of one of the shaders, on Pastebin or anything. If you please :^)

Frontier: Elite 2

Made in 1993.

pastebin.com/dspKVjD8

Random one called SHADERS_TEXTURE.SHADER.BIN_COMBINE_DIFFUSE_0

Precursors, Parkan 2, Space Engineers, Kerbal Space Program, Evochron Legacy, Rodina, Starbound, Empyrion: Galactic Survival, The Tomorrow War, Ascent: The Space Game, Infinity: Battlescape, Battlecruiser 3000ad, Universal Combat.

I've been reading up on some things, apparently people have reported "smoothing out their FPS" by disabling G-Sync (lol wat) and Nvidia's own Shader Caching system.

Who knew someone would come alone and make something so terrible it would make starbound look good.

wait, i just see that you can infiltrate spaceships?

Yeah. You can do a lot of things in it. The best alternative for NMS.

can players make their own factions and claim ownership of planets for their faction/guild?

I think yeah, there were some parts in it where you could claim a guild base on specific planet.

Lets watch something sad.

but you can't fly around on the planet, just land on it.

Don't mind me steam here, just adding in a few extra positive reviews to help out Nu Man's Steal.

www3.zippyshare.com/v/zKLD6GxC/file.html
online crack btw (connects to the main server too).
Now you can finally meet invisible players

It's not a downgrade if that game never existed. :^)

seriously, they probably just made a mock trailer that looks roughly like how they thought the game would look

Does this work for GOG?

Never stop dreaming ;_:

Why would anyone want this?

nope only on the steam version.

if you press pause on the pirated version you can see that you are not connected to the servers.

Oh no that's a shame, now ill never get to pretend I can see other players.

It's frigging beautiful. Such a shame….

Hello Games might be an offshoot company started by Sony to garner more funds over the "Indie darlings" idea.

The .PAK files that the game stores its data in is also for PS4s, That's why there's a PS4 Library there - to read the archive format. This game is just a fucking copy-paste of the files from PS4 with just some minor adjustments to make it run.

If all that matters is muh 18 quintillion randomly generated planets to explore just get Space Engine. It's free, looks 10x better and actually works (plus it loads more rad stuff that NMS doesn't have). No it's not a game but neither is NMS.

When I was burned out like you in 2013 I got a brand-new PS2 for the first time and enjoyed some console classics for the first time. (Because revisiting old PC stuff for nostalgia gets boring too.)
Since then I know it's not me, it's the games and the entirely changed audience. It's not that old is better, it's just completely different. Some guys still make new games for us, but they are rare and hard to find.

i've played prototype-tier gamemaker games that understand how to get around this shit. i was fucking amazed

i'm so glad i never got hyped for this garbage.

how i turn off these shitty filters? how i make resoultion normal, because this looks like upscalled, this game is shit, but for free its worth to waste my time, i have nothing better to do but my eyes are melting from these filters

Resolution options are broken in windowed from what I've heard

For a long time I was sure the game didn't exist.

Looks like it was made in an hurry at the last minute to provide a game for all the hype they built with their 10 screenshots and 1 trailer.

YOU ALL CAN"T APPRECIATE PROCEDURALLY GENERATED WORLDS FOR THEIR STARK BEAUTY

if you're having trouble running the game download this
software.intel.com/en-us/articles/pre-release-license-agreement-for-intel-software-development-emulator-accept-end-user-license-agreement-and-download
make sure to get sde-external-7.49.0-2016-07-07-win.tar.bz2 the first file
extract this shit into your NMS binary dir
make a batch file or just command prompt yourself to
"sde – nms.exe" quotes not necessary of course

have to wait forever for the star intro to end but was crashing after the company logo before that… then the screen gets white and i press E and we in there

also helps to put graphics settings way the fuck down

i've had mixed results changing the resolution but changing some of the other shit helps alot

hope this helps some of you anons

also i got 45-60 fps on max settings, i think it would be even better without these filters that melt my eyes, is it better optimised for amd? because consoles have gpu from them? r9 290 here

It's like i387 FPU emulation all over again!

So I downloaded the torrent of it and it actually runs quite well (Geforce 970, i7, 8gb RAM). No crashes and mostly smooth FPS on highest settings although some drops.

But the game is pretty boring tbh. Played for 2 hours or so and don't have much desire to play it again. Maybe if it was your average $15 indie game on Steam it would be worth a try, but for $60? Kek.

And the graphics are hideous tbh.

hmmm….

Must be a merchant ship

Thanks for making that compilation.

Was meant for

why only 8? I have a 4 year old computer with an i7, a gtx670 and also 8gb RAM and Ive been considering upgrading it since I can feel it sometimes not keeping up if I am working on something and am constantly switching between programmes and my web browser.

I would think for a new build you would get at least 16.

He literally asked you for information to make a more informed conclusion. Are you illiterate?

I, too, know that NMS is irredeemable garbage. But I didn't have to waste my fucking time crawling around in a landfill to learn the intricate textures and fluids of this particular bag of garbage in order to know that. If there are dozens of signs saying "county landfill, next right" you don't need to pull over and dive in to full appreciate and confirm that the landfill does, in fact, contain garbage - you can just trust the signs in this case. Honest question: how many people in this thread do you think played the game in one way or another? I sure as fuck didn't, and from all the bountiful information you've deigned to give me, we appear to be on the same footing except I haven't wasted however many hours of my life it took you to arrive at this conclusion.

No, user, you are the cancer. If you care so much about people being informed, do a little write-up of your experience with the game. Make an infographic if you have the time/skill. Whatever you do, do SOMETHING productive instead of just grabbing a piece of garbage and screaming at everyone that they JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND THE SPECIFICS.

YOU STUPID FUCKING IDIOT, THE EXACT OPPOSITE PROVES TRUE.

Even if the EA trailer is “too old” to bring a lawsuit, any lawyer worth his salt could get millions out of this.

You have to have it set that low for the game to actually fucking run?!

You need to go back to reddit.

nah i'm doing it in my monitors native resolution of 1680 x 1050 and its working ok… someone did a comparison of the resolutions on IMGUR tell me what you think
imgur.com/a/7CZd0

PROCEDURAL GENERATION

i'm gonna call my ship and see how fucked the game gets

Justified hate aside, what would you guys actually add gameplay wise to make this a fun game? I'm surprised how well the procedural generation works, I just wish there was more of a game to be able to enjoy it.

the bases will be something to add to it. I also think that syncing planets online between people so you can discover other peoples settlements after the base thing comes out would be cool.
but it'd probably just be a clusterfuck
i'm sure a few good side storylines and quest lines would help too

do space battles EVEN OCCUR?
I fucking see just ships to find

6 gorillion dollars?

OY VEY

Yes, but the spaceship controls are shit so the space battles are also shit

mega autist confirmed

I haven't played it myself yet, but from reading reactions and watching videos, I agree with you 100%.

If they hadn't added the shitty survival elements (including crafting), they would have been able to focus more effort on making sure planets were interesting to explore, and been able to keep the price tag at $30.

I wouldn't be surprised but, got any examples of the last point? I need a good laugh.

I know these are from reddit or steam or whatever.

It sickens me to see people DEFENDING the con artists that tricked them into paying $60 for a game that would maybe be worth $20 (if they fixed all the bugs first).

I wish I could believe all the people like this are shills, but I know some of them are just good goys that have been trained well by their jewish masters.

probably an idea the devs had that they thought was SO COOL that they insisted on putting it in the game

welcome to procedural generation!

more or less. also upgrades

yeah. it was optimized for the ps4 though so people are having fewer problems

probably related to the fact it was designed for ps4.

devs probably thought it makes it feel more immersive

probably. also probably due to designing it for consoles

because it would be harder to program

I hear they can be killed. maybe some are immortal

so the casuals wouldn't get scared away

you don't. that's why so many of us knew this was a retarded idea years ago

the devs spread themselves too thin

probably

user! Y-y-you can't say anything bad about g-games! T-t-they made it for us! That's why it's their game and we paid for it! T-they made it just for us, so don't be a hater!

What the fuck is wrong with people that they would ever think like this.

I haven't played Eve at all, but I believe it has that.

What happaned to this video?

aww.moe/u3a6fe.mp4

im just going to steal this video for my own video
no one will notice

I once devised a system of seven genders for an alien species. It mostly worked because it required three different gametes to combine to form a single zygote through three separate levels of intercourse, and a final one (hence the odd number) who incubates the embryo but contributes no genetic material.

Due to Occam's Razor, though, it's highly unlikely a system with more than two genders would actually evolve.

Xenomorphs from Alien movies?
Sounds like it.

Actually it was prompted from a comment made by The Doctor in Star Trek: Voyager, about Species 8472 having multiple genders (can't remember if he said like four or five). It was an interesting thought experiment; I might use the concept in a novel if I ever feel the… pressing need to inform the reader about the minutia of alien sexuality and reproduction.

I mean, I don't like Elder Scrolls, but come on, do you have to be offended by a 6/10.

Too admit recently they are becoming more furfag-ish but that is most likely it wearing one me.
Also fuck how slow they are making a MS PAINT webcomic, it is one of the most easiest things to do.