WHEN IS IT GONNA BE FUCKING PLAYABLE

WHEN IS IT GONNA BE FUCKING PLAYABLE

What is it? Another "uncoventional" swordfighting game? We already have a bunch of those, concept just doesn't work.
The best you can do it to rip off chivalry and slap some gimmick on it, and even then it will be just COD with sticks.

Shit "genre" in general.

You obviously don't know what you are talking about, you probably only played Chivalry and never were interested in this genre, therefore, fuck off.

aw fuck.

You clearly do not know what the fuck you're talking about, you clearly just played one fucking meme game and now you're interesting in a meme genre? fuck off faggot.

meme

what in the hell is this thread

War or the Roses rip off thread

theyre not being roses theyre being niggers

CAN V NAME ONE (1) GAME THAT HAS MELEE THAT DOESNT SHIT THE BED ONCE YOU GO PAST 100MS OF LATENCY?

Many single player games. I personally enjoy Morrowind the most.

despite the shitposting going on in your thread op, both me and my fiance are hyped for this game. We are avid chivalry fans, but chivalry is chock full of its own problems. I'd love to see a game similar to chivalry but without the ballerina problems that chivalry has, I think these new mechanics that mordhau offers will help that.

ultimately though, it's all in how the devs handle wind up time, really. In deadliest warriors, they solved the dragging problem by making it so that if you hit someone too early or late in your swing, it did piss all for damage. Deadliest warriors ended up being a shit game, but they never brought over that one aspect because they were afraid it'd piss off their "pro" userbase.

Ok since OP clearly doesn't know how to be OP let me explain roughly what Mordhau is all about.

You know and like Chivalry? You like fighting with swords in a medieval setting?

Well then you gotta love this game.

You can costumize way more, create your own little classes if you want, and can use different fighting styles with most weapons, like grabbing your longsword the other way around to beat your opponent with your handle.

Doesn't sound badass enough?

Well then just throw you weapons around like a maniac and pick up the weapons of your slain enemies.

Just watch the god damn videos, if you like chivalry you gotta love this.

For what to fully expect in the end, who knows, the dev claimed he wants to create a Kikestarter either later this or early next year.

For now it looks like a very promising alternative to chivalry.

If OP had said that he would have been bombarded with shill accusations.

As soon as you start a thread about a soon to be released or newly released game the entirety of Holla Forums will go ahead and say that you shill.

So at least make it sound interesting so I check this shit out.

no, and yes. chivalry is a terrible game with unintuitive mechanics and boring level design.
fuck.
sounds like it's going to be as shallow and unintuitive as chivalry was.
lol
if you have shit taste you'll enjoy more shit

Please name me a viable alternative to real time sword fighting.

Mount and blade warband does not apply. Swings are not dynamic or real time, they are static animations, which is why you can only block in 4 directions. Same goes for war of roses. I will say that for projectile though, war of roses has some really nice hitboxes.

I am not saying here to defend chivalry. It is a buggy pile of shallow garbage.
However it fills in a nieche that no other game really fills up. And as

already pointed out, Warband doesn't really apply here.
Besides, maps, design, gamemodes, etc. are still completely unclear, so to jump to any conclusion already would be silly, I only commented about the things that the dev showed in his videos.

I'm really sorry to disappoint you, but so far there hasn't been a good, slow as molasses online melee combat game. I'd suggest more fun alternatives, but I get the feeling you don't like fast games.

Chivalry might be fucking garbage, but I firmly believe there is some true skill in some of the fucking absurd techniques people have in that game.

I've never seen someone devote so many hours to the perfect ballerina dance of death before.

I also main maul when I play chivalry and it took me a good 400+ hours to oneshot most people I play against.

Nigga can you read?

Everyone knows that games like this are very niche, yet as Chivalry shows, the community is still very much much alive and wants more.

To say "oh games like this are garbage anyway, play real games like X" is completely retarded. If I wanted that I wouldn't be in this thread to begin with.

I love fast games, I've actually been looking for a decent arena shooter to get into for months now, but it feels like the genre is just completely fucking dead, even quake live is deserted. I've been getting into some overwatch lately, because its definitely one of the faster shooters on the market, but its still far from arena level.

I just have a massive hardon for knights and medieval warfare. I play a retarded amount of D&D to scratch the itch, and I've watched every mediocre movie and show known to man very religiously.

Chivalry scratches an itch for my obsession that no other medieval game has been able to scratch. There is no other game I can sword fight another person and really feel like I'm swinging an actual sword with weight to it.

I'm telling you the truth, there are no good games of this type yet. Seems like devs are fixated on making things as realistic as possible instead of making them fun, interesting, or intuitive.

arena shooters are pretty much dead, but mostly because there is no creativity or competition in the genre. You are best off playing q1sp maps, all arena shooters are fixated on mimicing quake instead of doing something interesting or new. Also, as someone who has done long sword fighting, combat in chivalry or mordhomo or whatever its called is extremely unrealistic. Even with gigantic swords, it's much faster, has more weight and more elegance involved. God, just looking at that stiff as fuck punching animation tells me all I need to know. These idiots don't get it.

how long until the dev caves to shitheads and adds a third person camera?

AH YES I too remember those ancient tapestries of them spinning like retards.
Chivalry is probably the worst example you can give to get someone interested in a game unless they like Ballet

third person is far better for action games where spacing is a crucial skill.

Quake live is deserted because the devs made it a fucking CoD clone.

go play one of the thousands of existing games and stop trying to shit up other people's experiences with your shit taste

I'm just sharing facts here. getting a proper view of your surroundings and perception of depth is something first person games have failed to do for a long time. You may not like it, but it is the truth, and first person games where there's a finite range to the effectiveness of your attacks it is essential to illustrate that distance well. A first person view can't do that.

I have to add, that, combined with the high lag associated with the genre thanks to garbage like chivalry only makes the problem far worse, especially when you're drawing complex shapes with your mouse for the network code to then send to relevant players, this practically guarantees the genre won't be good for years until network infrastructure improves greatly. Which likely will not happen any time soon.

lmao

thief benefited from limiting your perception in natural ways, even going as far to obfuscate sound distances with sound brushes that distorted sounds so their distances were hard to estimate.

Many of its lessons do not help multiplayer games in the slightest, as such it's absolutely retarded to even mention it in the thread. I suppose when you're desperate to find a good game in the genre, it does the trick however.

not with issues of lag, lag compensation, poor presentation of depth, hit detection, etc. Not hard to connect the dots here, you retard.