The Breakfast Club

What made this film interesting? I mean all this film is about is some jerk trying to piss other people off. Hell, it's worse than Ferris Bueller's Day Off.

John Hughes was in tune with the 80's, early 90's zeitgeist.

It's a group of very different people slowly learning that they're all unhappy in their lives and forging an understanding.

I did enjoy that part. But what I never understood was how Bender almost headed for one of the chick's pussy and the chick didn't even complain about it. Like all she did was scoff him off.

Yeah, over one day. It's like that time we had a "Friendship Ceremony" during freshmen year of high school. You got long-time bullies apologizing to everyone, girls who pulled each other's hair out and spread rumors of so-and-so being a slut – crying and hugging each other, promising to be BFFs, everyone trying to make friends with the loner kid.
Then the weekend came and all the cliques went back to exactly how it was before. Nothing was learned.

The Breakfast Club is only there to make you feel good. People like feeling good. They don't like working for it, though.

That sounds gay as fuck tbh

Oh I am getting old.

Afaik, they had a stand in for her.

Cute girls that i wanted to impregnate.

It's one of those movies that when you put it on, it feels like you're hanging out with the characters. I kind of got same vibe from Mallrats.

My friend did that once at a party at uni, he ended up in the ER with shards of glass in his head

I found it comfy.

Same goes for this show
This show was Dan Harmon's best. But after Season 3, it went downhill fast.

It has good atmosphere, real flesh and blood characters, real dialogues, real happenings, and great music. It shows how cool the world before fucking touchscreen phones was…

Funnily enough, you sound very young

"I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything. Grab 'em by the pussy. Anything."
-Adolf Hitler

So the scene where bender says his dad burns cigarettes into his arm, i wanted to see if bender was a bitch and it turns out he is. I ashed a cigarette on my left arm to see and its not that painful, the only thing is my fucking arm got a keloid like im a fucking nigger or something. Flash forward a couple years and my friends were smoking a cigar and I wondered if maybe it was a cigar in the movie and I decided to test my theory. I was sure if I cleanes the wound with alcohol and bandage it properly it wouldnt keloid. Anyways long story short it doesnt hurt that much and anytime you see in a movie or tv show they burn someone its just a weird jew power fantasy.
Pics related small one on my left is cigarette right is a cigar. Ladies hate it and I just tell people I got shot. Fuck breakfast club its a dumb movie especially the marijuana scene.

TIL those things have a name

what's the deal with them and niggers anyway? feels like every one I've seen has had at least one

Something something collagen overgrowth. Removal sucks cause its more than 50% chance it will come back bigger.
They also get itchy sometimes. Also look at wikipedia and youll see mine is super fucking minor.

Also TIL?

That's how you know she wants the D.

My high school didn't seem to have vicious cliques or bullies. It was like everybody had grown out of that after junior high.

They all realise that no one really has it any better than the other, and their differences are just a product of how they deal with their problems. Hughes is the only writer / director that actually understood being a teenager.

Why she never complained to the teacher? Because as much as she hates Bender, the adults are the true enemy.

They all pretty much admit that in the movie, even though they're all sharing a moment together, once they get out then it won't be very different from before, only Bender was the one with the balls to say it outright.

And yet the ending implies that each has internalised the lessons they learned that day.

I'm 16 in head, 30 by age

Maybe they won't be as dickish or dismissive to each other after that. Developing empathy for a member of an outgroup will lessen your ability to be hostile to that group in the future.

As mentioned before,

As my Russian grandfather used to say, "Eto nie zhizn, eto kino"… It's not real life, it's a movie

Okay, nothing changed and a year later the scrawny kid came to school with a machine gun and killed a bunch of teenagers. Happy?

Keloid scars. Niggers are more prone to them because of the way their skin is made.

btw I did the exact same thing when I was in highschool over a decade ago. It will always itch, it will never really recover. Bender's dad's scar looked like a cigar, not a smoke. I put cigarettes out on my tongue now as a bat trick. Ironically I discovered by accident that keloid scars on whiteredNot shitskins can be reduced. I got stabbed near a keloid scar I made on myself. As it was healing the normal skin invaded the part of the scar that was cut. So as a expriement when I was drunk I cut a wedge out of a keloid and normal tissue grew into it.

If you really want to get rid of it it is going to be a long painful masochistic process. I gave up after I got one Keloid down to like a dot. It's better to just come up with some stupid awesome story to go along with it.

That's not real life, either 🤣

Photo I aint getting trolled nigga

They acknowledge it, but that's about as far as it really goes. That's why there's a sense of melancholy when they get picked up by their parents, they know that the event is fleeting.

As regards , Hughes wanted to speak to teenagers through his movies. He knew that they emulated what they saw on TV and movies, so it's likely to me that it was his hope that the teenagers watching it got the message better than the teenagers in the movie.

I don't get it at all. None of these shitty movies ever feel like actual high school students either.

At the time, it was pretty accurate. I dunno about now because I'm not a child.

I am not white so it probably doesn't apply to you. I was just talking about my personal experience.

Wow! A statistical anomaly!

Meant to reply to

Funny you mentioned that. Only 2 of the cast were at the age of 16.

wait, hold up. are you telling me "movie" in Russian is "kino"?

It's "kinofilm".
Also it's not "hold up" but HOL UP.

in german kino means movie theater

Why do they have to all be 30+?
They couldn't at least get early twenties?

Well you got what you asked for. Molly Ringwald and the nerd actor were 16. The rest were in the twenties.