Do I do Bitterblack Isle before or after going down into that hole to fight the final boss?

Do I do Bitterblack Isle before or after going down into that hole to fight the final boss?

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/dragonsdogma/mods/4/?
nexusmods.com/dragonsdogma/mods/7/?
nexusmods.com/dragonsdogma/mods/96/?
reddit.com/r/dragonsdogmaonline/comments/45t8i7/want_to_play_ddon_look_here/
reddit.com/r/dragonsdogmaonline/comments/3lhqt4/vpn_workaround/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I did it after because I originally beat the game then the DLC came out.

But I always do that now because it feels like an actual Expansion Pack than a DLC, probably should call it that now come to think of it.

Also:

TODAY I WOKE AND LOOKED OUTSIDE AGAIN

i did it in NG+

THE WIND IS PUSHING MEEEEEEEE

after because you can do it in NG+ and it's sorta designed to be done in NG+

do that shit at the end of your second play through, you will get your shit pushed in.

that DLC is meant for people that played the newgame+ version of the game.

Makes sense, I had never played beyond Grigori before

Wouldn't you get way too much experience during BBI to stay at level 10?

How in the fuck is that in any shape balanced? I'm essentially throwing fucking money at mobs to kill them.

How else would you do it?

The ranged classes are pretty much easy mode with how the game is set up while warrior got the short end of the stick.

Late game/BBI is fucking hell for warriors.
Seems like the game was mostly balanced around magic classes.

It is but man, nothing feels better than hitting death with an Arc of Deliverance and knocking his ass down while pawns clean up and rape his ass on the ground

A great game you can play is to try and guess whether it's the red classes that are unfinished or the brokenly OP yellow and blue classes.

I did it while Everfall was open, but I get anxious every time I know a game is about to end.
It really doesnt matter, all it will give is more equipment to play around with.

I've been playing on hard mode, which has made anything flying an absolute fucking chore.

The first few hours for hardmode melee and magic are shit.

Midgame is where I had fun the most with fighter/warrior before it started going downhill again. At least late game is at least somewhat manageable with fighter.

High Maelstrom and any humanoid-sized mob is wiped out, not to mention it only takes two or three of them to kill Grigori

Dont feel bad about turning hard mode off, it makes everything kind of shit. You can probably turn it on halfway through when youre better geared and leveled. I dont think the devs really though the damage scaling through and just tacked it on. Its why you get one shot by bandit archers.

Well that happens in normal mode too, that narrow canyon before Bluemoon Tower is a total meatgrinder for sorcerers.

BEST THEME FOR BEST BOSS COMING THROUGH

god i wish most of the shit that was planned wasn't axed

Once you get to BBI, Magick Archer is what really rapes everything.
You don't even need to aim, you just cast 4x Magic Rebalancer to double your damage and then toss ricochet shots vaguely into the next room of enemies.

I wouldn't call it hell but it gets really fucking tedious at time the thing that worked for me was getting the strider augment for air attacks and having a party of 2 sorcs and 1 mage , combine this with warcry and its really fucking funny to see meatballs flying everywhere

I don't know, the sudden appearance of the Saurian and hellhound recolors before Grigori is a difficulty spike.

I felt your pain. The only thing that made the trek through BBI better was when I finally got a decent weapon and upgraded it as much as I could. Abusing rust weapons also helped for drake fights.

I'd like to know more about this. I know lots of shit was axed, but I'd like to know specifics about it. I find the subject interesting.

Go through the game solo, or just with your main pawn, and get 50-75% more experience points so you can actually take on BBI the first time.

Pics related should give you a good enough idea.

I decided to make a new run of the game this time going full mage and it play's actually quite different I recommend starting a new char going completely opposite of your last one, I am having lot's fun and I eventually plan to go Mystic Knight so all those levels in Sorcerer are worth it
Also thank jesus for the dont blind me mod and this enb mod that make everything look nicer

Really? I didn't really had any problems with those guys but I did spent good 20 mins getting proper pawns (at low level it's kinda hard to find them properly geared and with good inclinations)
2 fighters + my strider pawn and I breezed through that

capcha: fun apb

I guess I'm a touch confused about the tower, would it essentially be a hub where actual players would congregate? Or is it one of those things we'll never learn about.

This site itself sure has a weird sense of irony.
Sage for off topic.

I want to say it was one of few things to show that the world of Dragon's Dogma isn't just one world, but many layered on top of each other, to add mystery to the setting. Kinda like Dark Souls I suppose, but not as in depth with crossing over to other worlds for coop, but instead one crazy end dungeon being what they all have in common. I don't think full blown multiplayer between the players was ever planned in the tower or otherwise, despite how cool it would be.

As for the canyon, I guess it's dependent on not having drooling retard pawns with you, they wouldn't go forward and attack the bandits or stand guard while I cast spells, while all of the bandits aggro to me. I don't think it was clever AI recognizing a sorcerer as the largest threat either, since on the next attempt all of the bandits walked around without attacking anyone for good ten-second spans. May have been a glitch on both accounts.

I wonder how DDO will play out. I saw a video of it a bit ago and it seemed like there were only rangers, fighters, and mages but the class variety is supposed to be more extensive.

Do it after if you give a shit about the story, which actually gets significantly better than you think it is right now once you jump down that hole.

BBI's plot revolves heavily around end ending of the main game.

Oh believe me, that full reveal of the Everfell was awe-inspiring

It's like you don't even want to have fun.

Why are we here? Just to suffer?

I honestly keep forgetting that DDO exists. It'd be nice if they'd let us Westerners play it properly without requiring workarounds.

Noone had told me that the game's story was anything but generic so once I killed the dragon I assumed the game was over. I stopped playing for a couple days assuming that there wasn't really anything left to do in the palette swapped world but I picked it up again to change my pawn's skills so people would hire it more, which meant going to Gran Soren and I was blown away by the fact that they make you kill the king and all your knight friends before being even more flabbergasted by the everfall and further flabbergasted by killing god, becoming the new god, killing yourself, and starting the cycle again.

I seriously just thought the whole game was about killing the evil dragon who kidnapped your princess, the MGS2 fan in me wants to believe that they made the first 2/3 of the game intentionally generic just to throw you off before everything at the end so it's more surprising.

Mostly this and that's why you need to check inclination on the pawns, also never get warrior pawns yeah they look cool and do good damage but without a human intelligence behind the class it's just a black-hole of enchantments and healing items, fighters/rangers are your best friends when going mage

Yeah to bad DDO gutted the classes, the enemy variety and even when we thought it was impossible they made the pawns even more retarded, I remember playing with Holla Forums some time ago and just giving up on the game

The worst part is that the game is still somehow really good, it's honestly one of my favorite games of all time so knowing that it is just a fraction of what the devs set out to make is extremely painful.

I just bought this and it looks like ass. What are some solid mods to run? Performance is not an issue.

nexusmods.com/dragonsdogma/mods/4/?

There's also a whole bunch of environment texture mods but they fuck up a lot of the consistency so I don't use them.

That is what evolved into the everfall. When you fall through it you don't land in the same world but another similar one.

Goddamnit I know you're joking or baiting but please post higher quality images

"Generic" is a little too harsh in the first place, too, it's serviceable classic high fantasy that doesn't slouch into Tolkeinism

There's one for titties, I think

Dudemon is a shit fight but the character design and that song are fucking 10/10

consider the stat growth mods for MA and MK if you want to play them prior to lv200, their default stat growth is utter ass and nearly cripples your character in comparison to other classes. Since pawns cannot be those classes it can't get you banned either.

My standards for "not generic fantasy" would be something like Morrowind or Bloodborne so while I think Dragon's Dogma's pre-Dragon setting isn't quite as insultingly generic as something like Dragon Age I'd still say that it's generic fantasy. It is handled very well though, the attention to detail on a lot of the monster designs can be pretty superb. I think the Chimeras are one of my favorite enemies in any game just because of how well animated they are with their attacks and pacing. There's also the little things like one thing Rich brought up in the Pre Rec review: the Cyclopses have elephant skin and similarly shaped limbs/tusks because the myth of the Cyclops originates from Greeks finding mammoth skulls and assuming that the trunk hole was a big eye, and I really appreciate the fact that the artists worked in that kind of stuff into the visual design.

I really wish the game was finished though, I wouldn't expect them to put "normal" fantasy enemies on the motherfucking moon or for much of the post Dragon areas in general. It'd also be nice to have more than three overworld environments in the game (general trees/grass/rivers, rocky mountains, and the Witchwood forest).

What makes the fight shit? I thought it was better than any other non-Chimera fight in the game. He's got a hugely varied moveset, good/fair animations, and is appropriately challenging.

Oh yeah, he pulls out some sick ass street fighter moves
But it doesn't really matter when a melee class can just latch onto his head and mash X to win within a minute or two

Then the second fight "solves" this problem by just making it harder to reach, giving him a gorillion HP, and making him knock you off a lot more, plus lots of nearly one-shot kill attacks that make you spend a lot more time in the menus

The one thing this game sucks dick at more than anything else is proper balancing, the original game was way WAY too easy, then the hard mode DLC made it way too hard unless you're in NG+
DD strikes me as the first open world action RPG developed by people used to more traditional RPGs, who were suckered into making it because of the genre's success in the west

That's definitely true, out of any RPG I've played DD is probably the most broken balance-wise. I feel like the fact that the game was so heavily rushed contributes to this though, outside of stage 2 Daimon most of the stuff in BBI is appropriately challenging (protip: hard mode does not affect BBI, it counts as its own difficulty).

The final boss of the main game is definitely the most broken out of anything considering that a regular character at that stage of the game will likely one shot him at every stage in the fight (plus it's piss easy to dodge any of his attacks).

I was on BBI before I even met the Duke.
BBI is more fun & challenging than anything else in the game. I spent much more time there.

You do BBI as early as possible

That's mostly true, with a few exceptions
Death is really fucking annoying, though I guess he's supposed to be, the living armor guys can be a massive pain in the ass depending on your class and pawns(though they would be very fun to fight if it weren't for the '0 fucking dmg' thing), and those goddamn giga nigga cyclops still give me nightmares
The only enemy that I would classify as both bullshit and fun would be those minotaur motherfuckers that one-shot everything but are still fightable without cheesing

OP is a nigger OP for not putting "Dragon's Dogma" in the title. You lit'bitch. Also where is the DD thread from like 1 day ago. :(

YOU DO IT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE U CASUL SCRUB10101=

01100111 01101001 01110100 00100000 01100111 01110101 01100100

You skip that whole shitshow of a "we want the Meme Souls audience" bullshit.

Is it really that easy to kill him as a melee class? I first fought him as a fighter but I didn't try that and instead had a nice satisfying fight. He took out my two pawns early on with that black hole attack so it was just me and my main pawn left and it took me a while to wear him down since I wasn't on NG+ and had gone to BBI straight after Grigori.

I actually liked how fun it feels to fight him and other bosses as fighter, blocking attacks with your shield and then laying into them with Dragon's maw when you get a moment is great. I've hardly played the magic classes because I enjoy the physical ones too much.

This is my #1 complaint about Dragon's Dogma. The damage calculation isn't explained to players, but it's really fucking stupid. If you don't have enough damage, you just straight up don't do enough damage. This also makes what augment slots limited since you're often forced to take shit like Clout and Vehemence since it could be the difference between doing damage and not doing it.
The most notable examples of this fucking player's shit up is encountering your first Eliminator, Dire Drakes, the first real Cursed Dragon, and Daimon.
It's not fun to have to buy x999 Demon's/Conqueror's Periapts (which you'll have to carry since pawns will casually chug them all the time, wasting your money) to smoothly progress through BBI less I be forced to savescum chests to get adequate weaponry. Sorcerers don't have it too bad, and I guess Warriors to a lesser degree provided you're using Iraklis.

Condemned Gorecyclops and Death are awful designs. Once the novelty wears off the fights are just annoying.

The whole expansion is shoddily done and misses EVERYTHING that made the actual game good and fun.

to me the king turning on you is the ending of this game

that dungeon of grinding shit is the laziest shit i ever saw on a game, dropped it pretty hard

fucking gook and their garbage grinding instead of skills, makes me wanna kill a bunch of them

Will this game ever get a sequel that has the time to craft an enjoyable story and world instead of getting shoved out early?

I guess not

Shame because the 3rd person action game is the best system videogames have and the upcoming VR shitstorm only serves to combat this

I put the logo up fam, what more do you want?

Is this a common opinion or are you just one guy? I see BBI compared to Souls in just about every thread

It's just hard
Compared to the main game, which is babby-tier easy

Personally, I think it's a fantastic expansion

Strider with helm splitter is OP as fuck.

post arisen and pawn

Holy fuck how can anyone not hate him

This game and Shit Souls have nothing in common apart from swords and magic

What was his name again?

And the strong Berserk influence, but even the swords and magic aren't really a commonality, they're nothing alike.

Ayy

Are you and your pawn twins? Cute

Made sure both wore identical clothing when I could as well for maximum cute.

I can't really into anything but Assassin now.

Rolling dodge, counter attack, ranging, dagger-grab. Don't even want to think of trying 2nd form Daimon without it.

Nice ass

I did BBI after I unlocked the Everfall. Finished BBI but it kinda killed my interest in the game. It made me realize shit is a bit badly balanced.
Still, one of the better games I've played in quite some time. I hope DD2 fixes a few of those issues.

Underneath all that armor she's a cutie

Although I may switch her from warrior to fighter because she cannot do jackshit with that expensive greatsword half the time

Didn't Capcom copyright the name a while ago?

We only have DDO and it's worst

They copyrighted Dragon's Dogma Online in the US, meaning they'll probably be bringing the MMO over, but there's been nothing about an actual sequel.

The fact that there isn't a purely orchestral version of this song still triggers me.

Y'all need nexusmods.com/dragonsdogma/mods/7/?

I just want a proper sequel not the clusterfuck that DDO was, why must capcom mock us this way

Oh.

Dragon's Dogma Online was really fucking bad, greatly so when playing solo. Pawns were fucking USELESS, there AI is fucked beyond belief. They stand around doing nothing diddling themselves, keep there shield up when nothing is targeting them and never grab onto enemies, least when I played. Bosses were HP sponges glore, go into rage mode quite frequently (They take much less damage and deal more damage till you tire them out by jumping on them and pulling them down) and enemy variety was poor, can't remember anything but goblins and hobgobs. I liked that you had to craft your own armour and weapons and shit and Alchemist looked sweet as fuck and thats about all I liked from Online.

It was like when people kept comparing Monster Hunter and Dark Souls back on cuckchan when they have nothing in common.

I didn't like that it was time gated
FUN (tm)

Oh fuck, I forgot about the time gating. Yes the time gating was pure cancer, but the concept of making armour and weapons with your pawns is pretty niffy idea. If it wasn't time gating however it would have been rare items with a shitty droprate or a limited amount of crafts per day unless you buy premium or some other gay shit. Thats the issue with Free to play MMOs. Really when playing Online it just made me wish I was playing DD2 instead.

What makes DDO worse?

Disregard, read

I spent more time there than in the rest of the game, and before the final boss.

No regrets

nexusmods.com/dragonsdogma/mods/96/?

I like the look of it so I swapped the model for the rusted longbow with it

If you upgrade it, it will inflict enemies with torpor (and poison) and torpor reduces the speed of all their animations by 50% which is crazy.

Finished and went straight into NG+ on my way to Bitterblack Isle. Revamped my Merlincore wizard into a loli. No idea why I didn't like this game the first time I played it, I had a blast this time.

Shit is god damn annoying when it happens to you

Yep thats why you should always carry debilitation curing consumables with you

I had forgotten how annoying is waiting for reynard to get that weapon, a ten fold flurry with a rusted longbow is just to damn good

And thanks for the mod user that actually looks pretty nice doesnt ban you from online right?

I've accidentally equipped something I shouldn't on a pawn on an alt account and when I got the pawn back on the main account they just weren't wearing that piece of armor and had it as a gift.

No idea what would happen with skills though so I just play the pawns as if they're vanilla.

Also by the way this lets you do 6 skill warrior kinda, the other 3 skills just need to be on an alt weapon. This seems like shit at first because the animations are broken, but I have a mod for magic bows and shields to make them invisible which work really great with it.

nice, I dont really want to mess with skills and all that so it's good just for fashion Dogma

Anyone got that reaction image that rearranged the "dragon's dogma" letters into "mama's dogdick"???

True, Dark Souls is actually good.

Blast arrows are OP as fuck but I can't help myself
Death flees like a little bitch, like he's embarrassed that I just dropped his ass

A few hours deep into BBI and this is the shit, all the dungeon-crawling up to this point had been pretty brief and straightforward. I understand the Souls comparison now, but it's not like Souls invented dark fantasy and environmental storytelling, this is probably what the rest of DD would have been like if it was finished.

I don't think so

your waifu a shit

Looks like a nasty ass Second Life character.

mine or theirs?

Oh man I remember that pawn ran all of BBI with her she was okay

WEW

is there a pre-patch or mod or something that I need for dragon's dogma before I start playing? Got it on the steam sale and have it downloading right now

I'd say it works from the get go. All the mods just add to the experience rather than fix it

He could have at least given us the formula.

She isn't exactly build to be the most helpful pawn, I just wanted to be able to see cool sorcerer shit like tornadoes every once and awhile but not have to babysit her so most of her levels are actually fighter + warrior, meaning she is very tanky but doesn't do superb damage.

Had to redo her appearance to match the evil looking late game armor though (right)
, I wish all of the armor in this game was equally balanced like Dark Souls to better suit fashion dogma.

You don't really need any mods for the first run, there's a big one I'd recommend to spice up subsequent playthroughs and there's a couple to satisfy balance autism but you can get those later.

All you need to know is:
and probably some other stuff I'm forgetting, have fun!

You mean me!

I could just turn the pawn back to that. The only reason I changed it is because the BBI armor is very evil looking and my autism wouldn't let me choose fashion and cuteness over stats, but at this point I'm level 200 and don't play on the character anymore (I have 3 alts). I'll change it back just for you and I'll even post the formula.

Do you want the yellow recluse robe or the green mummer's wear?

thanks for the advice

I was about to start off in hardmode like a doofus.

So when you kill daimon the first time his spirit gets freed and reunited with olra
Then who the hell are you fighting when you fight his stomach mouth version. The ghost of his mom that turned into the dragon? That's who it is right?
Sheeeit I meant to post itt but accidentally made a new thread this is the price I pay

Oh sweet.
Whichever you want. I remember just giving her all of my cool looking sorcerer stuff since I had a fighter arisen and strider pawn.

Beat daemon the first time as a magick archer level 109, it was fucking impossible since most of my attacks did dick to him.

I was jumping up and down when I beat him only to find out he has a second form and I'd have to go through a hard mode dungeon to fight him. After a minute of deep contemplation I decided it had to be done.

might as well post my pawn I guess.

Alright feel free to let me know if you want me to change anything before I post sliders

those are the eyes of a person that desires the release of death.

Nice deformed monster you got there, pal.

Just post has it is if someone wants to tweak they can do that themselves

Oh yeah thanks to the mod nexusmods.com/dragonsdogma/mods/96/? finally my mage feels complete

Do you mean the brows or the eyes themselves? Here's with different brows.

Holy shit you have no aesthetic sense whatsoever beyond eye colour.

Fuggg wrong screenshot, also I just noticed ingame clock aaaay

that's actually the tiddy slider on maximum, I wish it could go much higher. As for brown if you don't think qt brown 2d girls are delicious then you have shit taste.

Not to mention she looks like someone shot the top half of her body with a freeze ray.

Er, shrink ray. You know what I mean.

look bottom line is if you make stupid looking pawns, rift sluts, or "pawnfus" you're shit.

Do you really think I want to screw up my immersion and the aesthetics of the game with some brown whore with an ass the size of a dump truck? Making your pawn look racy is fine to a point but if you dress them in silk lingerie, a silver chest piece, and some boots you're doing it wrong.

I absolutely hate having to spend 20 minutes in the rift because I have to sift through pile after pile of shit tier pawns and joke builds.

Kill nerds.

Why they must make me suffer

but your taste is literal shit

Fixed your typo their, friendo. :^)

While making one of my own.

I make normal ones too on the alts

And the surprising thing is that people actually hire the riftsluts way more. I made all 3 of these pawns at about the same time and the two in pics related are significantly more helpful than the brown sorcerer slut (one is an immortal mage and the other has a rusted sword for torpor and lightning shield for damage reduction debilitations). The brown sorcereress is rank 202, granny is about 2300, and the old fighter man is 5000.

Aryan features on brown girls is very important, and for cartoonishly wide hips/slim torso to each their own.

I like it

the warrior guy looks badass

I can't take credit for that one, made the pawn and named her granny then some guy here thought of it.

can't cntrl+f a logo (pic)

i hate the magic system in this game. it's fucking boring. somehow they managed to make wizards overpowered and underpowered at the same time.

if you're playing solo sorcerer the only viable strategy is to walk up to a mob with a fully charged spell (which is cheesy as fuck), otherwise you'll spend all your time getting bullied by everything. if i had some decent defensive or evasive abilities, it could be a fun class.

well which one is it

This bastard

Found your problem

Well then
He doesnt know about holy focused bolt, nigga you just bad

Dragons Dogma 2 when?! Anyone got ideas for what you would want in Dragons Dogma 2?

If there was one I would love to seem them where you can visit multiple areas of the world like travel to a different area code trolled by a different Duke. Kinda like Monster hunter where you visit different areas all together. So you can visit a Duke near Turka Durka land. Or one high up in the artic circle or one in a rainforest. Obviously fixing and balancing the combat classes.

But I feel leveling and what not and how much damage you do should be entirely reworked. Because either it gets to a point where human enemies are a cake walk and nearly everything else becomes a cakewalk. I feel they should move to a more monster hunter type leveling where only armor levels you up? The whole game is a unbalanced mess of enemies that are oh too easy, just right and wtf sponges constantly changing like a rollercoaster.

Sounds like you're trying to play sorcerer the way you'd play fighter or warrior. You'll definitely get slaughtered that way. Put points in sorcerer's core skills, and put a spell other than maelstrom on your skill set (hint: necromancy).

Also, how the shit do I make my pawn smarter? She refuses to use any curatives I put in her inventory, so when fighting the Gazer anytime she gets petrified she shatters and leaves the party completely because she won't use the petrification-curing curative.

why
actually fucking why

Doing BBI earlier than post game will completely unbalance the rest of the game, only get there after taking a good bite at the Everfall. You should try to reach it with all dragonforged armor from wyvern farming, to get the most out of the old world.

Plays like a diluted version of DD:DA, but also comes with a much bigger and better map with higher monster variety.

You probably regret those quints yourself.

Do it

I'm at Lv. 54 and it doesn't seem overpowering yet, although that fight with the Gazer did just take a good twenty minutes and a few attempts.

enjoy that cursed dragon and eliminator, user.

It wouldn't have taken twenty minutes if my pawns understood that you're supposed to attack the eye when it falls down

All the memes and bragging aside you guys don't know what you are missing on by not going to BBI as solo assassin at level 10 with hard mode enabled.

All you really need is some common sense, spacial awareness and a shield to block incoming attacks. Once you get enough vocation points for dodge roll it becomes even better.

It is hell and you will need to cycle trough some earlier areas several times for better loot and level ups but god damn it is so immensely satisfying. Every single fight is a fierce battle between life and death.

Constant repositioning to not die from a stray projectile. Non stop weapon switching as the situation demands, twitch shooting with your bow and timing your counter skills juuust right while knowing that if you miss your 20 frame window you are dead.

And don't get me started on the bosses which become incredibly stressful gauntlets that put your skill in dodging and parrying to the ultimate test.

Sure you won't be able to defeat the ghost armors but there is only a single mandatory fight with one and it can be cheesed effortlessly by abusing fall damage. You can just flip the bird at the rest of them and run away.

Ascended Damon and the fiend luring incense fights with such a setup were the most fun I ever had in a video game in my life.

Why sage a post you put effort into?

alrighty I'm 100% not memeing but I don't think I like this game at all.

I never owned a console so the console controls (and KB+M that they lazily tried to fit in) are really turning me off. I gots a logitech dual-action lying around that seems to be able to do the job well enough when trying to move and do attacks but the inventory and menus are pretty terribly ported.

The tutorial is bad. Really bad. It simultaneously tells you too much without telling you anything important. I got my pawns and their bullshit dialogue take up like 1/3rd of my screen. Gotta check if there's an option to disable that somewhere in the menu.

I'm really not digging the whole pawn system at all, especially when they take away control from my character to show me a mini-cutscene of them holding guys for me to kill or casting some spell.

Is the whole game like this?

That can be disabled.

That can also be disabled.

fun

There is no fixing the menu system. It's just shitty. The other things can be turned off. You can even ignore pawns completely by just killing off your main one and never touching a rift stone.

Guess I am a little underleveled then

Out of everything cut from DD, the moon will always be what interests me the most, since the fucking thing doesn't even exist in the final game.

Yeah kb+m are really good if you are playing ranged like wizard(and even then I prefer the 360 controller) or ranger/strider so you can ten fold flurry cyclops right in the eye for melee perfect parrying or warrior controller is just way better

Yeah the tutorial is shit, you are better of reading the wiki or asking around, also yeah you can disable pawn chatter in the options

Not gonna lie pawn system is both hilarious and exasperating (like seeing a pawn unable to jump a small obstacle and then running to jump from other point and take fall damge) you either learn how to make the best of it (pawn inclination equipment etc or you just go assasin grab the solo bonus and launch your pawn off a cliff and never touch a riftstones again
Also you can disable those mini-cutscenes in the options too

Basically yeah, the game has his flaws… lot's of them actually but that's what it makes it unique, if you can look past them you'll definitely get lots of fun out of it or at least that's my opinion

The farthest I got in the game was the Ur-Dragon, fought it a couple times and got some nice equipment. Didn't do the final final boss or bitterblack isle. This is on the 360 though, should I finish it there or play through the PC version? I don't know if I'll be able to remake my QT arisen.

Also, is there a way to back up your PC files and have 'multiple' games on the one account?

user do you have brain problems

Faggot, just finish the final boss. It'll be easy and you'll kill him in a hit. Then you just NG+ and you don't have to worry about remaking your QT arisen.

You can visit every room in the everfall once and end up with at least 20 wakestones, I wouldn't really call that a grind since you don't have to do the same thing over and over.

Do you care about framerate a lot in action games? If so you might as well.

Then make a new one that is equally QT but different

Yes but the pawn sharing system will break, a strange alternate option that I use is to make multiple Steam accounts and enable family sharing. I made 3 extra accounts just for this game because making pawns is too damn fun.

turn off subtitles and/or pawn chatter in the options menu

You can turn this off in the options menu as well

Kinda, I hated it too at first to some extent but you'll learn to appreciate all of the things it has to offer, but one part that does become significantly better is your skills. All the starting ones are really boring but some of the rank 9 skills are crazy fun which can make combat a lot more enjoyable.

The pawn AI has been mostly fixed, but not entirely, and whilst the classes have been gutted in some ways (Most noticeably Hunter and Seeker.) The constant addition of more skills has actually brought a lot of the other classes up. Plus it being a multiplayer game, the gimping was done to balance them all out.

The enemy variety has been fixed from the launch of the game including what seemed to be half off DD's roster to now being 90% of DDs roster with a few new ones. However you're still fighting goblins at max level and noticeable re-skins whom just have large differences in the way you approach them.

Theres been so many changes its worth at least a re-visit. It still however does suffer from being an MMO in a few regards. Its a nice distraction of game now, especially due to how much they've made leveling easier and the translation patches made the game more user-friendly. At launch the game was pretty shit though.

There is currently 9 classes (One completely new.) With a tenth spear or sword user with what looks to be an off-hand reserved for the use of magick as the 10th coming in a month or two. 4 classes are restricted for the tutorial at the beginning of the game but after that all 9 can be used right away. Many of them feel the same as their DD:DA counterpart, just you arent able to easily solo bosses anymore without any help making them feel much weaker.

Literally all you have to do is make an account on Capcom Online Games Nip site, download the MEGA of the game from leddit. Run a quick work around through command prompt (Also found on leddit.) Use a VPN at the launcher and then once you hit the character select screen, disable VPN. (If you didn't use the workaround you wont be able to disable the VPN here.) Once in join the Daimon Dogs clan and avoid reddit like the plague.

Anybody have the Nip version?

gotcha fam

Ever since Dark Souls, I realised that competing with the nips was foolishness.

Did anyone ever mod the berserk armor back in?

Thanks, friend.

The problem is BBI gives uber gear that will make the rest of the vanilla world a joke.

Actually, you've already gotten a taste of it: the rings and queen outfits you get, the first time you use the hostel's inventory, are all stupid DLC gear.

They couldn't do it, the files are not there anymore and apparently they couldn't port them so good from the 360 version.

(You)

Hitler quints say you never left Hidell Plains.

Oh shit I've gotta play this, I've spent over 400 hours in Dragon's Dogma now across 4 different alt accounts and the content has gotten pretty damn stale at this point considering there's so little to begin with.

I'm gona try to make Neptune in character creation. Any help would be nice.

Suicide works pretty well

Well if I'm dead then who will make Nep Nep in Dragon's Dogma?

You will, on the other side

For you.

Are there 2D girls on the other side?

This is what I came up with for Nep. Is there anything I should change?

I forgot the close up.

So, which class is hard mode?

get rid of the SJW hair and stop pretending its an animu girl.

Sorcerer or mage if you're soloing, otherwise Warrior just because they fall off so much (would also be pretty hard to solo with though).

A forewarning. You will fight mostly the same enemies as DD:DA for the first about 40 levels with only the Lindwurm and a few others being new. The newer shit lands at around the 45-60 level range, but like DD:DA you will still be fighting Goblin variants with more HP and even then most of the newer stuff is just re-skins that granted they do dramatically change the fight, feels a bit upsetting. However the new bosses are insanely fun. The level 55 (Season 1 final boss) Is pretty damn insane and the 65 Golden Dragon is also damn intense.

Leveling is extremely easy so you will blow through the content so fast you wont feel upset with most of the enemies being retreads. If anyone wants to play the game just give leddits guide a quick look.
Once you get in-game and past the tutorial and able to join Clans, just send an application to the clan Daimon Dogs.

My name in-game is Soren Gale and I'll be willing to show anyone the ropes in-game.

It's a really really shit game.
Avoid it.

Compelling argument.

Seriously though, the latest update fixed over 90% of the problems the game had at launch. It certainly isn't like DD:DA and you'd have to be retarded to not expect some differences like the aforementioned weakening of the classes to promote team-play and co-ordination. The game is worth playing up until the current cap of level 65 and it really does feel similar to DD:DA enough to not be completely off-putting.

Except they still have the enrage, the copious reskins, the poor pawn AI, the horrible crafting system, the Pay 2 have storage.
It's basically as much a Dragon's Dogma game as MH:O is a Monster Hunter. A piss poor imitation that is it in name alone.

So has anyone managed to add the Berserk armor into the PC version yet?

I didn't read the thread. I am sorry. Well fuck me. Have a bump anyway.

The enrage system has been completely re-worked and its plausible to instead deal with it without jumping onto the enemy and pulling it. You can simply just attack and build up a "BREAK" meter to remove it. Sorcerers are able to basically wipe 50% of enrage off with one cast. In itself it works rather well as a way to ensure each party member is going to play their specific role within the group well and time things correctly and help set other members up to do what they have to do.

The reskins are a problem, however DD:DA has that. I think that would be more in-spirit with the game.

The pawn AI has been mostly fixed. Warriors, Sorcerers, Shield Sages, Fighters and Priest now play exceptionally well and using pawn commands makes them even more viable. All other pawns range from meh to good, mostly because their roles are too complex in general. The new class Alchemist is never going to be played well by pawns just due to how it works.

Crafting has removed craft levels as a factor allowing a fresh new pawn to craft level 65 (Current end-game) Gear. With some weapon recipes now consisting of one easy to buy off the market item. Also its plausible to purchase gear up until level 49, completely ignoring crafting. Also crafting wasn't that bad. It was the fact nothing was translated. (It all is now.)

Storage has been buffed. All players get 5 pages and then 2 extra pages at their "Player Housing." You should never really fill up and sometimes Capcom give out the premium pass for extra space allowing you to do the cheat of just storing everything in there.

Also of course its going to be different. As I said you'd have to be a retard to think there wouldn't be differences. All I'm saying is that the game in its current state is actually pretty good.

The fuck is wrong with this island

Lets talk about modding.

I actually want to jump into this as soon as possible so what mods should I install to it first. I already played the base game on 360 so I don't care about ruining anything, but I don't want any outright rebalance mods or god mods unless it's shit to fix the warrior class.

i don't think there is anything worth in mods for this game
i was really expecting some good loli mods ;_;

How are you auppose to kill Death, I have done everything in the game, but I'm just stuck here, in NG+, trying to fight this impossible shit.

Fuck that shit, who though it would be a smart idea to make physical attacks deal no damage.
First time I fought one took over an hour simply because I had one mage who was more interested in healing then casting.

There are two ways, one is very easy and fast but will net you no rewards other than XP. The other is very time consuming but not difficult.

Option 1: get a bow with as much stagger enhancing stuff you can find plus some blast arrows and go to the area right after the first shortcut you unlock. He will spawn right off of a bridge. If you stagger him while he is not on the bridge he will fall to the water below and get brined which instantly kills him. However, you can't pick up his drops.

Option 2: leave your pawns behind, grab a shit ton of damage enhancing periapts, and a shit ton of beast luring incense or whatever its called. Ideally you'll be using ranged weapons and will have the Autonomy (assassin rank 9) augment, damage buffing augments (sorc rank 9 and/or warrior rank 9), with BBI level 2/3 weapons, but with enough time you'll kill him anyways.
ranged: Let him teleport to you then run away to the point where he will try to teleport again and shoot him, then repeat when he arrives
melee: Let him teleport to you, hit him a couple times (helm splitter is nice here), and run away before he uses the scythe or lantern which are very easy to see coming (those are his only attacks).

He will disappear once he takes a bunch of damage but his health bar will stay the same for the next fight so you just need to lure him over and over again. Most people like to lure him in the first area he spawns in pre Daimon, once you kill Daimon just slaughter everything in that room and drop the incense.

This tbh, I only use regular looking pawns ever.
Oversexualized ones are immediately dismissed.

Completely remove enrage, and the game would be bad but passable.

You can bait him out into the Garden of Ignominy every time provided Saurians spawn there.
Rangers can get like three or four kills with one rancid bait meat, using conq perries and blast arrows.

Mage would be worst bar none I think. Frazil/Frigor are utter shit. Brontide is shit. Grand Ingle is alright provided your MAG stat is 3000+. Comestion and Grapnel is the only thing mage has going for it. Fighter or Warrior is brutal just because of flying enemies and of course Living Armors. Warrior is alright for progression since you can spend 300k to get Iraklis the moment you hit Gran Soren and use it pretty much right 'til the end of the game. Damage taken increase from it isn't a big deal because Exodus Slash has lots of iframes.

What skill would you spam as a ranger? I'm guessing either corkscrew arrow or tenfold.

I didn't know the Irkalis was actually remotely good. I just assumed the crushing blow would be something like "1.5x base damage 10% of the time" which is very bad considering the low damage of the weapon and all the negatives it gives you, but looking at the wiki now I see this thing is insane.

What other DLC weapons are actually good? I always like to use the Caged Fury and Legion's Might but none of the others really looked appealing other than arguably the XP bow and gold hammer.

>>>/suicide/

That sounds… dunno man ok, at best, the enrage system still sounds like a time waster in order to make the fight last longer

Or instead of wasting time in shit like enrage mechanics and then trying to fix it they could have added a bit more enemy variety, but really this is one of the least problems with DDO

Got any videos? I wont believe this till I see it, I'll take your word for it but until I see it I wont be convinced

That sounds good, also yeah the fact that the translation was partial exacerbated the problem

Good too honestly storage was the least of my grievances it was after all f2p, so they had to make money somehow the most common is storage space, at least it isn't selling power via the store, that's all I ask

Yeah my beef (and from what I have seen also from many people here) is that what we where expecting is DDDA mechanics polished to a shine and what we got was worse, way worse, can you really blame people for saying the game is shit in the sorry state it launched? Yeah maybe now it's better but if a MMO has a hard time changing his first impressions imagine adding the fact it's gook only to the mix, it's image it's completely fucked right now, maybe if they bring it to the west (with all this improvements you mentioned) it may be popular enough to get a proper second look from many people here. Has it is right now the fact that the game is (was?) shit it's an opinion that it's already to rooted.

For Ranger you just use Tenfold, yeah. What happens is Death gets knocked down after the first salvo of blast arrows, then you keep unloading into his head once he's down. It's a fairly time sensitive thing since missing a single arrow (like when he starts to get back up) can fuck it all up and let him teleport away. When done correctly he just gets chain knocked down like a bitch with no chance to teleport away.

As for Iraklis, I forget what the crit amount is. You could check just by doing running numbers from "total damage dealt" on player history screen. It's just phenomenal because you don't get cockblocked by enemy defenses anymore. At some point, you're guaranteed to do (a fairly hefty chunk) of damage. It gets insane with 4x conq perries because you can knock off multiple bars of health in one light air attack from BBI enemies (be sure to have Eminence augment equipped). Climbing attacks hit like a truck, too.

It was also my first run of the game.

does doing the bitterblack isle during post-game make it more difficult? Or am I just a casual

BBI couns has his own difficulty so yeah git gud

Then don't enable hard mode when you play again? I don't see the problem.

Fucking 10x when it's gold dragonforged what the fuck.

Look like it's time to try warrior again.

Post game, hard mode, and NG+ have no effect on BBI other than restarting your progress when you switch to the latter two. The difficulty is the same.

Fuck this shit.
I'm trying to fight this fucking demon who's charging around slapping the piss out of my useless pawns and I'm expected to listen to this sappy singing? This sort of thing that belongs in the credits where I can skip it.

Holy shit…I cant remember if that's true but that would explain why its so fucking dark at night. I need to check this next time I play.

Kill me

Stop being level 40 scrub.

do you think we will ever see a sequel ?

No, but in a few years they will push out a patch that does nothing but add shorts to the delta guard.

I don't get it with Nip companies that seem to be allergic to making money.

If I'm not mistaken, DD was Capcoms fastest selling PC game, so why wouldn't they want to try and tap into that again ?

Guess they are too busy making jump scare simulators for every retard with a face cam and Let Play channel.

But I'm level 70

I doubt Capcom has the money to invest in a new game considering how bad SFV is shitting the bed.

Stop having shitty un-upgraded weapons then

But I'm using the Hallowed Dragon and it's upgraded

Seriously I do not understand why they won't just die. I can avoid getting hit but I just can't make them die

BBLv.2 Is good, but not enough for everything, start using periapts if you aren't already. Also, it doesn't really start taking extra damage from magic until the armor is broken, so you'll need to get through that first.

Enrage now only makes fights last about 40 seconds longer and only makes fights last a couple minutes longer when you fuck up. Enrage as it stands is just a punishment to ensure you work as a team or are at least actively trying to co-operate. It was never about "Make it longer" but. "How can we make it so that the players actually have some skill?" Which it now does at least decently. Even then, the problem with enrage wasn't it made fights last longer. (Fights lasted about the same time as bosses in DD:DA) It was that you only had two options. Climb and pull OR hope to hit the weak-spots and do small damage. Pulling was anti-climatic and hitting the weakspots varied from boss to boss.
Add in the fact I saw only two other max level Priests in the clan and lots of people were using weapons 5 level lower than them, causing fights that should be at most 1 enrage phase to become 3 or 4.

Adding enemy variety takes time and this is capcom. Not just capcom. COG, the C-team. If you look at MonHun you would know they would rather recycle the same skeleton and just make a new looking monster that fights a tad differently. Its the same in DDO now. In fact, most of the boss monsters at level 55 up don't even have enrage anymore they have a new mechanic entirely.

In regards to pawn AI. I'm sorry, I don't really have videos but I can explain how.
Sorc - Was always really good. However they now dodge like champs and using the translated orders can force them to use spells. They sometimes miss which is a shame and they have so many spells to chose from now they can do great in many scenarios. Only held back by the fact they cant equip 8-skills like players now can. If they hit Seism during enrage thats a free 50% of the bosses enrage bar right away and the ability for the rest of the party to deal increased enrage damage from all sources for about 5 seconds. Enough to drop a boss down to 25% in like 10 seconds. Sorcs are really damn good.
Fighters - Kinda dumb but they keep themselves very occupied and constantly deal damage. Once they hit 50 and can use the new fighter cling attack skill they do a lot of DPS.
Warriors - Are just strong as fuck and hiring a warrior pawn a few levels higher can honestly carry you through some dungeons. They play a bit stupid when foes get knocked over, but otherwise they are strong as shit.
Priests - Always been decent. Orders can mitigate their problems a bit.
SS - Do a decent job. Orders can make them buff, debuff and try to take aggro on command.
Hunters - Haven't used at high levels. They seems a bit smarter and I dont notice them missing all the time
Seeker - Never even looked at one.
Element Archer - Just…Stupid. They stop using skills to heal minimal damage constantly. They can be fine sometimes and reveal better than Priests in some cases
Alchemist - Just dont play as effectively as players due to the amount of small mechanics.
Add in the all around buff to dodging (Pawns die or get hit much less.) Pawns become invincible when the player dies and pawns focus on weak-spots more effectively. Also a pawn not being ressed wont always result in them being "lost"

I can fully understand that, however if you honestly didnt expect. Grinding, level gated content, poor dungeons and a focus on team-play over the ability to spam attack like you could in DD:DA you needed a reality check. I can understand people have it rooted in their minds its shit. Yet, the problem came from many places. The lack of properly geared players, the lack of priests to help make enrage easier, the lack of SS players knowing to spam ice skills to get freeze off, the lack of sorcs knowing how to help knock foes over, the lack of people realizing how OP Hunters could be when they used a specific combo, that fucking abysmal Mine area, the shit pawn AI, the lack of classes and the fact the ones people wanted to play were level gated. No new classes. Enrage wasn't THE problem. It was just the easiest one to blame, when really. It's super simple to work around.

I kind of want to replay this on PC since I bought it a while ago but the biggest thing putting me off is training my pawn in a way for her to not be shit.
I remember playing a nimble assassin and climbing shit a lot. My dumbass support mage started getting closer and closer to enemies as the game progressed and even climbed shit herself without being able to do anything.

Having my pawn be the same class as myself is a bit boring, but I can't think of a different way to avoid that sort of bullshit. The opposite happened to my tanky warrior pawn when I played a sorc/magick archer where she would nearly hug me and not engage any enemies because I was standing too far away or using geography to my advantage.

Anyone got some suggestions?
Have some shit quality ps3 screenshots

I forgot I actually do have some PC screenshots too but not played all that much on it yet. Made 2 loli sisters.

Pawns will always be retarded.

Of course you did. What a fucking pleb.

Gotta seize the opportunity when it presents itself when so few games lets you.

Play solo. You get more exp and you don't have to worry about your pawns being retarded.

It really depends on what class you want your pawn to play as. If its something like Mage you wont really need to train her. Also make sure her inclination isn't guardian.

I might try that, do you mean completely alone or with rented pawn but not my own? I imagine playing with no pawns at all would make the game pretty difficult?

The mage pawn I made couldn't even figure out how to cast basic attack spells for the most part because she never saw me use spells.

A lot of those Nipnongs simply don't, or won't, try to adapt to international tastes. Just like with everything else they make, especially in the automotive industry, they put their own national customers first and foremost. For everyone else they put out turd-tier products with the only competitive advantage being more economic or cheaper and kill off the competition by flooding the market with the aforementioned gay shit. Which explains the jump scare simulators you mentioned. It's the only thing they honestly make an effort to publish for retarded worldwide basement dwellers, and they ironically create sort of a Stockholm Syndrome mentality in customers by brainwashing them to think those shitty games are desirable - through those LPfags for instance.

Sage for blogsnob post.

Probably because from what you said, she had a guardian inclination. Meaning she tried to always stick by your side and was never in range to cast a spell, had to constantly cancel her spell due to enemies or a host of other reasons related to her being guardian.

Also she may have been canceling her spells to instead heal other members but I doubt this.

Pawns are always a bit tricky, you must check inclinations or they will start imitating you, and if you choose a pawn to "compliment" your arisen they end up doing stuff like that

Also Anyone else finds Hilarious how enemies even fall in slow mo with torpor? shit's pretty funny

Make sure it doesn't have guardian or scather inclinations

Did they make it any more complicated to connect from outside Japan? Back when I played, I remember that you only needed to bypass the IP check in the launcher. Once you were in-game, you could just use your connection as normal.

Even if it's bait I'm going to refute why this is bullshit.

Skyrim: Drinking your iodine
Dragon's Dogma: Letting go, just like the dangan

Getting online is the exact same but there is one new step you have to take:
Create COG account
Update / Patch / Verification
Play
Turn VPN off when on character select screen or anytime after. Anytime before and the game wont let you get to the character select screen.

If you don't do this extra step however you can't turn the VPN off at all however.
reddit.com/r/dragonsdogmaonline/comments/3lhqt4/vpn_workaround/
Its a one time thing as well. Other than that its simple to log in.

If you are interested in getting back in use leddit site to get started up. If you need help jump onto the /vg/ thread. Its mostly inactive as well all talk in-game or on steam but people check it occasionally and can help out.

Also download the game via MEGA. Using the launcher to DL with a VPN on will make you commit suicide.

Gonna ask this again becuase it's important.

pawn training is a meme.
just give her a good beastiary and the right inclinations and you're good to go.
for blue pawns they just need to know what element to use. there's some enemies all pawns are retarded against. fire drakes, daimon, golems, cursed dragons for blues…

pretty much the only inclinations you need to think about are Scather, Mitigator, Challenger and Utilitarian. Pioneer sounds good on paper but it has too much overlap with Acquisitor in behavior. For a warrior just do some shit like Mitigator/Scather. Guardian is horrid because it makes pawns attack enemies that attack you. Which means they'll stand there until you get attacked. The mage could just be something like Challenger/Utilitarian. I personally don't prefer Utilitarian on primary because I'd prefer spells going off rather than interruptions to cast buffs.
Medicant is also shit

Finally downloaded. Gonna boot this sucker up tomorrow and play it.

Is playing with a controller good? I got a USB xbawks controller but the Wii USB adapter was closer.

I think you might not be able to block using shields with that set up, nor swap to use your Bow. Sorcs and Warrior will be fine, all else will probably suffer with that set-up. I'd defer to just getting used to the admittedly average KB+M controls whilst you wait to get a better controller for it.

How do you mean?

Using secondary weapons required the use of L2 whilst opting to use secondary skills required the use of L1.

With your current set up, you will be able to use the skills set to your shield or bow however you won't be able to simply block with your shield up nor fire arrows normally.

You might be able to set something different up with the PC controls, but I'm not 100% sure.

I didn't see any options for that in the controller setup.

You may be safe, I'm running off of my memory of the PS3 version as I didnt use controller when I played the PC version.

Feels good man

What's your pawn's name? I've never met anyone whose had one higher than mine (180 something).