Ideas for a GOOD space game

All this shit with the No Mans Sky, lying developers, the game not working at launch and the fags that keep defending it. The anger has inspired to me make my own space sim, there's no hope in the game industry for a good space game bros, might as well make our own.

Does anyone have any cool ideas they'll like to see in a space simulator?
Any advice?

I just want to make something good and cheap, I have the experience I just need some directions.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/DgfMI
archive.is/HznC7
archive.is/85IxR
archive.is/qs1Rf
youtu.be/mGy8HIYBwV0?t=5m29
archive.is/z6a2M
archive.is/dOe1t
archive.is/e3gjQ
youtu.be/OYSZwtRH22Q?t=2m37s
youtube.com/watch?v=EM0Gcl7iUM8
projectrho.com/public_html/rocket/
volafile.io/r/HF33Go
youtube.com/watch?v=9DTFpKlH1LE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

A game where you explore 1 planet that has been carefully handcrafted and if full of unique content and different biomes. Proceduraly generated content never made a good game

Can I be F*CKING real for a second?

This community is fucking atrocious right now. You're all acting like a bunch of whiny, entitled little babies.

A tiny team of people and SONY®™ made an entire universe for you to explore. They made it for YOU, and they're going to wake up tomorrow morning and see that instead of enjoying it, this community of "fans" picked out the 3 or 4 things that were terrible and are using that to fucking riot.

Guess what? The game was never going to run well. It was never going to not crash. It was never going to be everything you'd ever want in a game that works.

What it WAS going to be was an impossibly big universe filled with stuttering and crashed. I just played it for 2 hours and it was exactly that. What more do you want?

Is it buggy? Sure. Is it repetitive? Maybe. Is the inventory system imperfect and the multiplayer feature questionable and the structure unclear? Sure, fine.

But holy shit what do these people OWE YOU?

How fucking entitled do you have to be to explore an infinite universe for 10 minutes before crashing and then say "yeah but…"

We should all be fucking weeping in our chairs right now at the sheer size and scale of the blunder. We should be showering the people behind this thing with the praise they deserve for pulling off one of the most hyped games in recent memory.

Hello Games doesn't owe you $60 worth of videogames. Yet they gave you something I guess.

If you have the fucking audacity to complain about it then you don't deserve it and you were never shills in the first place.

Space farming sim. You raise space whales, grow strange and alien flora on moons, and expand the farm until all planets in the galaxy have become one great big field.

What about space exploration?

All you need to do for a perfect space game is to implement space as X3 did, and ground exploration like ARMA.

I don't see how this cannot be perfect explanation.

You can do anything.

I can pick out like 20 reasons on why that makes no sense period.

Feel free to tell me them. I'd like the criticism.

MGSV but in space.

Some comfy as fuck space trucking with friends Not Elite Dangerous, some REAL space trucking

But good space games already exist, Freespace 1 and 2 have been out for over a decade

Space engine is going to be made into an exploration game when the slav gets $80k

Done.

Rodina has handcrafted Planets IIRC. It's real neat.

With ships that DONT look like a slant of shit and proper cargo management, as well as a permanent station-wealth system, where stations with a lot of trade will grow and expand, and stations without will not?

This nigger gets it.

I want a game where you ship is small, cozy, and nice to be in. A place, maybe the only place in space you can call home.
Have it use a screen to drive that gets turned off when being still in space, or is either used to simulate a window or even play nes games.
Give it a little looping elevator music not tedious, cozy music that plays when you enter and stops immediately when you exit.
Make it so exiting your spaceship is discouraged, because space is still, deadly and cold, not because aliens, but because phisics and stuff.
Flying debris, oxigen depleting, hitting something too fast and bouncing off into the endless space.
Make dying a distressing experience.
No esc menu, no loading button.
Save/load features are exclusive to your ship, and the only thing that can bring you back to it is waiting till your 5 minute oxigen tank is empty.

Combine cozy with the struggle of surviving in a lifeless enviroinmenr basically.
The only game that ever gave me that feel is Outer Wilds.

Exploration and survival are boring.
My perfect space game is Strike Suit Infinity.

First off, you have some idea of competition that really doesn't make any sense as there's no progression, if one player reaches the center does the entire thing reset or just the players?
If there is some random ass competition or persistant world, then what is with leaving the compendium behind.
There's some mention of NPCs or some nonsense, but if you have to start off mining whatever are there just going to be refineries on almost every planet or are you just going to have to wait for a random ship to come by.
The 4 random syllables tied to your face buttons makes no sense, if it's truly random then communicating with other players would be too much of a pain in the ass to actually matter and be productive.
The material would be illegal to own makes no sense either, you can't seem to make up your mind if you want it multi or single player.
also

You seem to have ideas but you have no idea how to execute them.
"You have to build up funds by doing odds jobs"
"You have to do survival"

You're all over the place

Exploration can be really cool if some effort is put into worldbuilding. Everyone likes finding cool new stuff, especially when it's useful cool stuff. Survival is shit, I will agree.

I have nothing against procedural generation, especially if it's a pick-up-and-go kind of game. But bloated, unoptimized "games" like Nu Males' Lies are the worst use and execution of procedural generation.

You can do like Spore, but better. Visit plantes conquest, terraforming, destroy them (without stupid consequences).
A game where you can be a space pirate, a simple explorer and see the universe, conqueror of worlds and have an empire, have wars with other empires (include other player, probably have 2 modes: single player and multiplayer), and more,

Idea for a space game I want to make but will never get to:

>Radio like Fallout. Plays nothing but Bowie.

Here's my idea for a good space game: get rid of all that exploration bullshit, and make it all about combat.

Play Frontier: Elite II and Star Control II: The Ur-Quan Masters for inspiration.

Also try Elite and Star Trader to see where the genre began.

An X game thats good again

You.
Yes, you. The one screaming, "There's no multiplayer!" and "Sean Murray lied to us!" and other slurs I dare not mention.
Tread lightly.
You are one. We are hundreds, thousands. Millions. You aren't just IN the minority; you ARE the minority.
I don't feel awkward or anxious playing No Man's Sky around others, and your words don't affect me. Many others, however, are coming out of their shells for the first time in their lives. This is the first time many are enjoying the beautiful world that has been procedurally generated for us - and it IS beautiful. Incredibly so. DON'T ruin this for them. We No Man's Sky fans may have our differences, but we will not hesitate to come to the aid of our fellow explorers, especially against someone who so virulently slurs that which has brought us all together.
Don't take this the wrong way. I don't hate you. I don't fear you.
I pity you.
I'm sorry that you feel this way towards us. I'm sorry that No Man's Sky is such a bane to your existence. And I'm sorry that you are missing out on such a wonderful experience. Mostly, though, I'm sorry that you feel the need to go around and publicly chastise and berate others. I'm sorry that, to ensure your own validity, you need to make others feel invalid. I'm sorry that your self-worth is so infinitesimally miniscule that you have to make others feel less-than-human, at least in your own denatured mind, just to feel whole. I am truly sorry that day-in and day-out you have to put up with your worthless, meaningless, Shakespearean tragedy of a life.
I ask you politely to cease your unnecessary cries for attention, and instead invite you to join our ranks. Uninstall Call of Duty, start up No Man's Sky, and breathe in the splendour and the amazement of your first planet, and then, maybe, just maybe, you'll see what you've been so hopelessly searching for this whole time.

You misunderstand, this isn't some MMO, its a No Man Sky-like game, just more focused on actual gameplay. Each galaxy gets you closer to the center, but each has its own rules. It would be rare to find another person to actually cooperate with. You would leave a copy of your compendium behind to help out someone else who comes in the future.

The competition sets in with the market for jobs and gods available to purchase. If you and a random guy found eachother, that means another person who wants the same things you do. There's only room for one rancher, or one more space on the ferry, or one hazmat suit for a cheap price. You wouldn't be fighting the guy, you would be lying to him, or omitting the truth.

Also, I find it funny that you call me all over the place when you start pulling shit out of your ass. Where did I start talking about mining? When did I say anything about building a spaceship?

The pasta is getting stale, faggot. At least find us a different post so we can laugh at it.

It always bothered me most space games don't do this.

But there's some strange compendium focused nonsense.
Except you can't communicate with him.
So it's a very set progression, because you can't have them be RNG generated at that point.

You really just seem to have no idea of what you want other than it sounds cool.

Did you actually read what I posted?

You leave it behind like a Dark Souls message. Are you saying Dark Souls is a MMO?

Reread the whole "you can communicate with them via translations in the compendium" part

It would be easy to have "this item/action is illegal" factor in the RNG.

where was that text originally posted?
reddit?

Give me massive spaceship decoration/customization pls

Survival horror, the game mainly takes place in your ship, but you'll need to board destroyed ships for fuel which will be very dangerous and time consuming so that you can keep moving, and will have a variety of movement options open to you, all costing varying amounts of fuel, you'll also need to repair your ship if damaged and perform various maintenance tasks, all whilst being chased and even boarded by some sort of either alien or paranormal threat (Maybe a ghost ship, who knows) with superior tech/abilities, all set in some space wasteland where everyone else is dead, you'd be moving toward an end goal/safe haven but I'm not sure what.

you already have tons of great space game and elite is one of them (and i m speaking of elite again because looking at all thoses thread : elite fit exactly what you want …to bad this gen' of gamers are lazy)

the problem with space sims is that just like this thread you are asking for thing you do not want.

space is big and empty and you don t want that, you proved it by ranting on elite at the moment give you the most accurate picture of space. and that s what you should expect from a space simulation.

you just want a fucking story, to guide accross this nothingess that is space, you don t want to explore. For you exploring is just going to a new location and it MUST BE amazing…
else you call it pointless an uselessly big/empty etc…
that s why you want this guiding hand that is senario that will each time make you go to another "point of interest" in the galaxy.
that what you mean by "handcrafted" something beautifull that is meant to be found. but if it is how can you call it EXPLORATION…

just wait for Mass Effect Andromeda. that s the kind of game you want.

you don t want a game where you have to explore countless solar system where aside from the star's and planet's type everything will be the "same".

if you think i m shilling for NmS then congrats you are a retard. because the problem with no man sky is not simply his exploration aspect… it s the emptyness of the game if you want to do ANYTHING aside from collecting ressources to continue the story who will … reset your game ? it s just grind with no purpose.
its a tech demo where you fly "seamlessly from planet to space, that was the deal and that what made the hype because it came before Star citizent or Elite (aka it was NEW)…

saging this kid's thread

Sounds like a neat take on what Duskers tried for.

sorry the more I think about this the more problems I see with your idea.
The compendium idea serves no purpose period.
If encounters with other players are "super rare" then there's no reason to include such a thing
You can't have "items become illegal" to prevent people stockpiling because there's going to be a way around it. OH it's illegal doesn't make any sense, because you'd either have to just check the players inventory and throw them on a planet where everything is illegal. Which is even funnier because you have this strange RNG, all being tracked by a server, with different planets, all governed by different rules, all governed by what the player had in his inventory. Think about the scale of that here. Why even have it multiplayer in the first place.

Except the player interactions are "so rare" and leaving the compendium behind would do literally nothing because there would have to be some common language or some shit. Pictures next to words only get you so far. The rosetta stone is important because it had it in a language that was already known. Having a book of complete unknowns won't magically help you translate. But whatever I'll chalk that up as a game mechanic.
The notes wouldn't even matter because it's all randomly generated anyways, and where is he gonna go backwards away from the only goal of the game?
Look, I'm saying the idea is salvagable, you just don't seem to have a grasp on it, there's too many conflicting ideas that make no sense.
okay sure fine
okay why would I want to reach the center then if I don't get to keep anything and it doesn't change anything but my starting location

but it's as you said "incredibly rare to encounter another player"
Except those track only what you know, and if each galaxy is different and you have to reach the center, then they're only useful for stuff the players have already passed.

There's no real reason for the game to be multiplayer with your current idea set, there's no real reason for any of the compendium nonsense.
The idea is fine, but there's no reason for the center to be a goal and why would the player want to reach it if they just lose everything and start in a random area with nothing else changed?

I would play the shit out of that.

I was thinking of a space hunting game, like Farcry 4s hunting but with space animals. Instead of just upgrading stuff you can collect the skins and the meat and the organs and sell it or craft stuff maybe some upgrading. Also there could be "trophies" like antlers with deer, where you can show off your kills with others and compete. It would require having satisfying gunplay and stalking//hunting/tracking techniques.

Look
Do whatever you want
I don't care.
just give me the satisfaction that Steel battalion gave me.
Please?

The compendium is readable when you pick it up. It's basically a Hitchhiker's Guide. Leaving it behind serves only to help out someone who comes after you. I was thinking more having too much of one item softlocks you into a fitting galaxy, rather than making a new one. Data logistics might be a problem, I agree, but lol Idea guy thread.

I never said reaching the center of the universe resets your game, either.

A GAME.

You're getting confused with what No Man's Lies does and what user is saying. Are you ok, user?

No Man's Sky had the very base idea for a good space game, but that's all it had. Considering the devs made sure not to tell us anything but expect everything left people feeling that this would not be a game of just naming and exploring, but a full on community. So I'm going to use NMS as a comparison on what to do and not to do.

NMS is based on lonely, lonely, uneventful single player, so base your game around community. Instead of having 18 Gazillion worlds that all look the same, you could have like…7 space quadrants. You got your snow planets and jungle planets and such. And they all gotta be different! Snow Planet 1 has to have different elements than Snow Planet 3. One could be a mountainous and the other could be flat terrain. Since this is about community, make the planets interesting places where people would want to go to. Not to mention, you probably should have some sort of Hoth if you're going for ice planets.

Allow people to build their own ships and houses, and join up. Maybe they can start their own towns, their own cities, maybe they can join up and be pirates or pirate-hunters. Think EVE Online, except there's a ground game too.

You almost got me, you motherfucker.
But considering that was a real post from a redditor, it makes me bewildered how much people will defend.

you did actually
It's basically a reset.

But lets get on the main points here, Why even have it multiplayer, if it's RNG based and rare to even encounter another player why have it?

Like NMS makes sense to not have multiplayer, however they claimed it would up until the last minute and even still do if you count "maybe" as claiming it has it.
Flat exploration games usually need something to keep the player interested, which NMS completely lacks. I don't really see it in your idea either.
I like the core idea though, It's interesting being a space hobo to try to get somewhere. The problem is as I was saying there's no reason for a lot of the fluff other than "well it sounds cool".
Like the whole 4 grunts thing, Not being able to communicate would be a decent idea, but the problem arises in the scope of it, space travel between planets with different aliens is common, and yet there's no real translation or common language between them? Like yes you can excuse it as "well it's a game mechanic".

I haven't really said anything much since I started this thread

The original idea I had was to make a class based system for every style of play.

There was to be the Miner class, a group of people who's interest lied in cultivating land and starting some kind of interstellar agriculture business

There were to be the bounty hunters, who worked for other classes and simply took who had to be taken for money and spaceship upgrades, their only purpose was to keep alive and protect a certain loved one or family.

There were the Heirs, noble space men who were trying to build an empire of their own, these men and women would control large sectors of space but could only be influential if other classes would agree to help them spread.

There were also the record keepers, literal no-fucks given guys who just flew around and collected records based on what was going on for other players to look at and read, they were supposed to be the weakest class of them all but had access to everything the galaxy had to offer and an astral connection to divine powers in space.

The main story line had to do with players dealing with the end of their respected galaxies under the threat of an exploding Sun.

In my opinion, it would be Elite: Dangerous with actual, enjoyable content, and no DLC jewishness.

Bullshit.

Diablo, Terrarria, 7 days to die, Space Engineers, dwarf fortress…

Not every procedural game is spore.

The thing is that these games used procedural content mostly for level and world which leads to high replay value but enemies and enemy behavior was scripted which leads to good combat or strategy.

I'd probably just create full-spectrum Battletech, not just Mechs.

Oh, and

FreeSpace 3 never ever

By the gods, is that creativity I hear? On MY message board?!

To the No Man's Sky Haters…

You. Yes, you. The one screaming, "There's no multiplayer!" and "Sean Murray lied to us!" and other slurs I dare not mention.

Tread lightly.

You are one. We are hundreds, thousands. Millions. You aren't just IN the minority; you ARE the minority. I don't feel awkward or anxious playing No Man's Sky around others, and your words don't affect me. Many others, however, are coming out of their shells for the first time in their lives. This is the first time many are enjoying the beautiful world that has been procedurally generated for us - and it IS beautiful. Incredibly so. DON'T ruin this for them. We No Man's Sky fans may have our differences, but we will not hesitate to come to the aid of our fellow explorers, especially against someone who so virulently slurs that which has brought us all together.

I pity you.

I'm sorry that you feel this way towards us. I'm sorry that No Man's Sky is such a bane to your existence. And I'm sorry that you are missing out on such a wonderful experience. Mostly, though, I'm sorry that you feel the need to go around and publicly chastise and berate others. I'm sorry that, to ensure your own validity, you need to make others feel invalid. I'm sorry that your self-worth is so infinitesimally miniscule that you have to make others feel less-than-human, at least in your own denatured mind, just to feel whole. I am truly sorry that day-in and day-out you have to put up with your worthless, meaningless, Shakespearean tragedy of a life.

I ask you politely to cease your unnecessary cries for attention, and instead invite you to join our ranks. Uninstall Call of Duty, start up No Man's Sky, and breathe in the splendour and the amazement of your first planet, and then, maybe, just maybe, you'll see what you've been so hopelessly searching for this whole time.

My negro.

Rodina.

Play this shit.

Make it a minecraft mod.
Each planet is a biome, and the players can be left to install their own biome mods to add more biomes / more planet variety

Basically this.
I posted it in another thread, but basically, less fast tiny ships, more large bulky things with shit, finicky reactors.
Less Star Trek slowfire missiles and shields, more decompression slugfests as you push your reactor to its very limits as rounds ram through your steel shell.
Less 40k GRIMDARK more frontier strugglers, honest heroes, sacrifices for one's friends, and the battles of men for what's right.

SOmeone suggested more firefly in space. Not terrible, though I want less western, more jumpsuits. Still. Give me some proper space shit what lets me walk around a station, patch holes, and generally feels properly gritty. Not the sleek rubish of late-age space. I want to go to the frontier.

I have a good idea

Bam, now you have a space Monster Hunter pvp game with dogfighting and progression.
You can even be a group of pirates, group of mercenaries, whatever the fuck you want. Get people to choose how to play the game.

It would be this fucking simple to fix NMS.

have a copilot that you can hold hands with

YOu lost me, and I am left hoping you get cancer.

There's nothing wrong with some grind here and there nigger, especially if the base gameplay is fun

Forced repetition is always shit, because no matter how good your gameplay is, eventually it is going to get old, especially if you have to do it in order to get to the next progression point.
If you absolutely have to, at least have the decency to make it singleplayer, so that honest men can just cheat.

Forced repetition is basically EVERY FUCKING GAME.

It's not expensive right now, you can probably get horizons for cheap, even cheaper on sale like it was last week.

That's why you make it online so that the focus of the game is coordinating with other players, that way it's always original.
Add in a dozen of different weapon types, different ships that have different strenghts and you have infinite possibilities.

Most games don't make you grind for shit.
Especially not "very grindy", as that fellow defined it as.
Yes, some will make you repeat this and that a tad to get something or move forward, but I wouldn't really put it in the same boat as grinding. Sounds more a matter of semantics, really.

Somebody needs to make this.
This could be amazing. Especially the whole having no windows, and having a holographic screen be your view to the outside.
Also, have emulators or a built in browser and shit.
Hell, even have it be possible to use your desktop inside the ship.

I'd rather not play WoW. I find WoW rather shit.

If you really want multiplayer, by all means, there's plenty of actually good ways to do that.
The best method, in my mind, would be to go SS13 style.

Considering that any hivemind alien is effectively doing this, it's not very creative.

When you say space animals do you mean animals from different planets, or animals that live in the vacuum of space?

Wow is shit because it has terrible gameplay and 99% of the game is PvE where you just stand in the same spot and press the same keys until a life bar goes to zero.
Don't be a fag dude, cmon.

Just looked at it, seems it's 30 dollars.
That's a lot, mate.
Especially when you consider the game as was is 60, when it was released. It's thirty now, admittedly, but that just makes the 30 buck DLC worse you ask me, as now the DLC costs as much as the base game.

Possibly your ship could actually be an escape pod that doubles as your privste quarters from a massive destroyed frigate destroyed frigate.
You could have it be an asynchronous multiplayer game. You could do that by having the game take place in orbit around a large gas giant, or possibly a brown dwarf.
Because of the debris from the destroyed frigate, if the dev is good at coding physics and has a knack for orbital mechanics, you could make space debris a real issue.

Fine, warframe, then.
Still a shitty grindfest.
I don't like shit grindfests.

Only, still worse, because you say the best way to get shit is to rob other players. So, instead of being Warframe's terrible grind to get anything alone, you have Warframe's terrible grind to get things that get stolen by other shitters.

Simply put, your game sounds like garbage, mate. I already have a hard enough time playing games like Day Z thanks to that sort of thing, and that has loot just lying around most the time.

Don't have evasive dev

The overarching goal could be to generally just wait for a rescue that never comes, but there would be survival aspects like looking for food and restocking your air supplies and whatnot. You could be able to pilot the escape pod with little thrusters, but covering large distances would take awhile.
The multiplayer aspect would come into play while you're trying to survive - you can attempt to raid other players escape pods for resources, or whatnot. Also, the destroyed frigate could act as a slowly moving PvP area, as there would be rare items and things for the interior of your life pid there. You could require it so if you want to use a browser and browse Holla Forums while playing, you'd have to find some kind of extranet uplink or something. It could be played offline though too.

This sounds pretty neat. Add a heapload of customization, especially for the music, and it'd be right good.
Outer wilds was amazing. Will it ever get done, though? I want to know what all the werid things I saw were

Forgive my autism, I'm using a phone.

he needs a bag of dosh in his left hand

don't suppose there's a rec list, or video essay, for spess games?

i'm not falling for spreadsheet:thegame again

You sound like a massive faggot to be honest.
Repetition is what makes games games, what games do you like? 2 hour long "experiences"?

I mean shit even stuff from Platinum that has the most amazing gameplay is repetitive as shit.

What I've always wanted is an adventurous space game where you are the guy in the ship instead of just "being the ship" or managing a whole fleet, and some games that have been coming out recently, PULSAR, Outer Wilds and Newman's Sky come to mind.PULSAR is a lot of what I'm wanting out of a space game but being basically coop only kind of kills it for me.

I want to be the independent smuggler/trader/bountyhunter/mercenary but I want it to be cozy, I want to be able to get out of the cockpit and walk around my ship and check on things and sleep in my quarters and be able to dock at space stations and so on and so forth.

Sadly with all that it would be hard to put a some kind of strong narrative behind it and as we all know by now without that these games are 99% shit.

You are wrong idiot.

They didnt made it for us.

THEY DID IT FOR OUR MONEY.

I want a game with Star Fox/Ace Combat dog fighting systems. With comfy ship interiors to hangout with friends in(granted you have a ship big enough and you're not just using some one-man ship like an X-Wing) while waiting on that auto-piloted hyperspace travel. And also has the ability to dock in space ports where you can do things on foot with a Yakuza style beat em up system.
Be a smuggler, be a marauder, be a good goy, deliver cargo, escort merchant ships, raid and pillage, join one of 2 or 3 player factions that regularly do war with each other, do dog fighting, get in drunken space bar brawls, and have a comfy(and preferrably customizable, both interior(get them couches) and exterior) ship to be in when none of that is going on. That's what I want in my ideal GOOD space game. Will we ever get it? Probably fucking not. But I didn't buy this C++ book for nothing.

Please link me to the reddit post this text came from. I want to print it out and frame it.

You.

Yes, you. The one screaming, "There's no multiplayer!" and "Sean Murray lied to us!" and other slurs I dare not mention.

Tread lightly.

You are one. We are hundreds, thousands. Millions. You aren't just IN the minority; you ARE the minority.

I don't feel awkward or anxious playing No Man's Sky around others, and your words don't affect me. Many others, however, are coming out of their shells for the first time in their lives. This is the first time many are enjoying the beautiful world that has been procedurally generated for us - and it IS beautiful. Incredibly so. DON'T ruin this for them. We No Man's Sky fans may have our differences, but we will not hesitate to come to the aid of our fellow explorers, especially against someone who so virulently slurs that which has brought us all together.

I pity you.

Somebody already posted this, you moron.

Just make a Cowboy Bebop space game. Fly around in a big spaceship you can walk around in and visit detailed planets with lots of shit to do. Big emphasis on detailed planets with different cultures and shit and not just flying through dead space in a space ship.

So, Star Citizen?

Absolute rubbish.

From what I played of the free weekend they had or whatever it was just pretty locations with nothing to do.

Both?

Another thing that is cool about space that star trek does right is aliens that are supremely powerful and basically gods. So there could be a "become the hunted" section too

I was playing this for the last few hours, and I realized something.

The game is decent.
BUT
Only ignoring the
MULTIPLE BROKEN PROMISES,
EXTREMELY HIGH PRICE POINT,
and the
FACT THAT IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE A FINISHED GAME
that makes it absolutely abhorrent.
I genuinely liked playing it, but it feels much more like a F2P or Early Access game. It isn't a full game.
The only way to save the sinking ship S.S. No Man's Sky is to lower the price point and add literally AT LEAST 90% "more game", (I.E. more features, including every single promise they made,) or make the game F2P, maybe they could make money by adding microtransactions. (Not that I condone them)

People with autism making threats is my favourite thing.

Or I could play a game with some modicum of originality, since No man's Sky is just the worst parts of Destiny and Starbound.

I want Space Kagura. Mirai special cannon space ship. Beautifully designed space ships like ship with a face and tits. The game will include characters from yamato and captain harlok. SRPG with animations with gameplay like Infinte Space or real time also destroying the enemy will strip their cloth and they can join your army. They also need to take ideas from Daiteikoku.

excellent taste

Don't get me wrong, I would love this too. I was a huge fan of EVE but quit because I didn't have the time to get into it because it is not an easy game to get into. That being said:

Don't these two objectives work against each other? It feels like if the game was easy to get into it would have to be shallower mechanically…

starbound could have been a good space game

Just make it to where you can DO things in it. So No Man's Sky wanted to be a big dumb sandbox without an overarching goal shoved in your face so you can fuck around and do whatever you want, alright. But the problem is that there's nothing of any substance to do despite that.

There's no interesting characters to meet, there are no trade routes to interact with, there's nothing interesting to hunt or do with animals, Imagine being able to capture animals in your ship and breed them to use as weapons or mounts while traveling across a planet, something neat like that would go a long way to making the animals have a point. No factions to actually interact with, it's all just so devoid of life and things to interact with that it might as well not even be a game, you could get the same experience playing No Man's Sky by just grabbing a box, downloading some 'sci-fi' wallpapers, and making whooshing noises with your mouth and pretending you're exploring space.

Personally I'd like a game where you're allowed to just sort of exist in a galaxy, forging your own path as you do. Maybe you decide to gather a crew of bloodthirsty space pirates and go out to gather all your space shekels, or maybe you join a faction and spend your day mining and hauling shit, maybe you become a trader.

Basically just let players do shit.

A game where you can explore a galaxy and you get to bring friends.

Instead of coming up with a bunch of samey alien life that will ALWAYS be disspointing, make almost every planet barren, then a few dozen are terraformed by earth life and have familiar species on them. Then there are 2 or 3 other alien type worlds that are VERY well designed and unique, and those have their own colony worlds as well. That way it's way more realistic and a whole lot less dissapointing than "infinite worlds" that are basically garbage

I've literally released a better space game than most of the garbage coming out lately, I even have 10 sales.

If I got the funding/backing NMS had I would have created something glorious

space nazis that did nothing wrong

EVE. There, that's a good space game.

Elite Dangerous, except with content and a competent team of devs.

Anything that stays the fuck away from "VAST EXPANSIVE UNIVERSE WITH 6 MILLION GORRILLION JEWS PLANETS AND AN INFINITE SPACE" shite. Just have a small, tightly made, incredibly detailed small solar system with like 4 or 5 dense planets with all sorts of cool content and space would serves as a hubworld and a way to hide extra special cool easter eggs and secrets.

if it doesnt have a shitload of nothing it isnt really space

Oh my god why is he not wearing shoes

dont tell me the dev is one of those cunts that don't wear shoes

what the hell? is that a thing now?

I know, but personally I do not see the fun or a way to actually have a fuckton of nothing be fun. Unless you really want to make the hubworld really large and hide tons of secrets and content in it, which is fine by me.

Super metroid is a big game that managed to not be boring. Think about it.

I had a bunch of hippie girls in my class back in high school that were vegan, didn't wear shoes and they talked about how shoes are bad and someone else says shoes are bad so I jsut assumed it's a fucking trend I guess

I think No Mans Sky had some right ideas, but really shady and incompetent developers who couldn't properly execute it

If we can somehow make a space exploration game with 18 quintillion or fucking whatever planets then that's great. Just make sure the game has substance and doesn't get repetitive

Yes, at least on the west coast it is now, they have no concept of dress codes out there

i kinda wanted to make a turn based game similar to fallout 1 set in space.
no quest or anything a direction given to you depending on what faction you start out in integrated with the character creation. your character starts at age 16 with stats then chooses early life choices granting him perks bonuses debuffs worked in a asteroid mine +1 to strength, +10,000 $, 3 years older. space cadet academy +10 pilot, +10 repair, -5,000$. drug runner +20,000 $, shame/ostracized debuff that closes doors for you down the line, +10 sneak… you get the idea then you go out and try and make a name for yourself. and here is the kicker no re spawns but you can continue playing as your children. meaning that you will be able to get a head start as long as your previous character gets his family going. giving access to more training early game and access to more capital as one has to reestablish themselves as a trader, mercenary, pirate captain, solder.

by keeping the session length shorter so that you can play threw a life of one of your guys in a single sitting and feel like you built yourself up and can feel accomplished at the end that you succeeded at something accomplished something building the wealth of your family bringing them renown. as you eventually work your family way up to the highest of the elite in your society.

Pacific Northwest here.
We invented dressing shitty.

It's literally a 10x worse version of Spore from 2008. The only difference is that it has first person survival game memes fucked into it

I'm hoping this is some pasta I haven't eaten and not some faggot's OC.

I have some family at microsoft and they got called out for "dressing up" at work
for wearing khakis and a polo

So being a minority is a bad thing now?

Yeah, at least with Spore there was some satisfaction in knowing the ass-faced cockmonsters I created would be adversely impacting experiences worldwide. Can't create anything in No Man's Sky and all the changes made to the world are gone once I leave.

Also, has anyone already got in the center? I'm not expecting anything but I guess I'm gonna be disappointed anyway.

Your family is faggots, user.

Anyway, I'd be incredibly interested in as much ship customization as possible. At least as much as, say, Eve, or Gratuitous Space Battles or something. Being able to roam the interior of the ship would be pretty cool, especially if they start getting massive.
I think the concept of having a crew, like in FTL or Pulsar would be neat, on that note. Assuming your crew would be controlled by AI, a way to customize that AI would be nice, a la Dragon Age or FFXII.
I'll think about it some more and actually read through the thread and take notes, maybe. My dick is so hard for space games, you cannot begin to understand.

Picture likely unrelated.

No Man's Sky has the best procedural planet and creature generation that I've seen.

I don't think they knew what to do with that once they had it.

Apparently when you get to the center it just resets your game and puts you back at the start.

I think the problem with space games is that the developers think that sane ideas are the solution.

Their attitude:

This is boring, and basically every multiplayer space game is like this.

How it should be:

It'd be really fun if you had some player that could turn the surface of a planet into magma with a moon-sized ship, sending everyone into hiding until they come back with millions of AI ships, popping out of all locations in space.

It already exists. It's called Homeworld but Gearbox cucked us and ruined our hopes and dreams by buying a strategy game IP like that which they had no idea how the fuck to handle it.

Many well known IPs that get bought up by a bigger company usually end up getting pissed on.

Fuck em, useless cunts. If I pay full price for a game then I expect to get a full goddamn game.
Also there's shit all to do, space truckin' is only comfy if you've got shit to look at or a payoff.

Get the flight mechanics from Independence War 2.

wow gee user
totes gonna carefully watch that 5 minute video which doesn't actually clarify all the flight mechanics
rather than just discard your opinion

If that’s true, it’s better than we could have ever possibly hoped.

k

I have both m8. Horizons was 16$ during the summer sale.

See

You massive scumsucking faggot.

i'll add you to my screencaps folder of suckers, thanks

It looks pretty okay, honestly. If it weren't shit on PC, and was more like 30$, maybe 20, I'd buy it.

to be fair the latest update added an entire new movement system, removed RNG, and made the bullet/missile hit physics based

originally they did fuck it up royally

Wouldn't happen. I refuse to even dream.

Looks like ass.
But I dig it

Combine these ideas you've got a comfy as fuck and interesting space game.

Who wants to just like make space game in UE4?

I am pretty good with BP

He might not have lied directly but some might consider the cloak and dagger a lie by omission.
December archive.is/DgfMI >These planets have an ecology, ecosystem and you are not necessarily at the top of the chain. It’s a massively multiplayer world.
July archive.is/HznC7 >No Man’s Sky developer Hello Games has confirmed… has plans to incorporate some kind of traditional multiplayer into the PS4 universe-em-up.
October archive.is/85IxR >How often will we meet other players? Apparently, it will be possible for participants to leave their mark on the planets they visit – is this how communication will work?
“We don’t know,” says Murray. “We don’t know if people will spread evenly out across the universe, or whether they’re going to corral into areas that have already been explored, whether they will form little trade routes, little strips of familiar worlds, going from the outside edge like the spokes of a wheel toward the centre of the galaxy

First 1/2 of 2015 archive.is/qs1Rf >No Man’s Sky‘s multiplayer elements will work in a similar way to those of Dark Souls or Terraria – both of which are examples that Murray uses for comparison
June youtu.be/mGy8HIYBwV0?t=5m29 >E3 Tells people they might come across the planet he was on. Then drops every sandbox multiplayer survival buzzword.
July archive.is/z6a2M >Basically the whole game explained in annoying video clips on IGN.

March archive.is/dOe1t >The chances of you being in the same space, the actual same planet at the same time as somebody, is something that might never happen…So when you do, we want you to be aware of it, and we want you to have a sense of it, and we want it to be a real moment.
May archive.is/e3gjQ youtu.be/OYSZwtRH22Q?t=2m37s >In their words, say you are escorting your faction's starships and an enemy fleet warps in, then you go ahead and defend your ships, much like how you have done many many times before. But then, there is this tiny fraction of a chance that you will encounter another ship that simply does not move like an npc.

Here is the evolution from MMO, sandbox, exploration, ext. from 2013-2014 to 2015-2016 saying people can see the name's other people give worlds and , that the universe is too big to run into someone else. Many people asked variations of, "Can two players touch?" in one form or another from. Like archive.is/85IxR "Can No Man's Sky defined as an MMO or even as a multiplayer game," Sean basically said people are too far away. And this pattern kept up while also talking about how special it will be when someday two people are at the same point. The cloak and dagger was unnecessary, all he had to do was say while the game is multiplayer and can be online; players cannot directly interact. The universe is so big it will take all of us to discover it together. Maybe make a comment about not wanting to people to "waste" time discovering an explored planet. Generic we are all in this together stuff. Sean told a half truth and that is like taking half a shit in the toilet. In the end it all has to come out and in this case the other half hit the fan and now everyone is standing in a room covered in the shit that is No Man's Sky.

he did, he was hoping nobody would see each other due to the procedural thing
but it was badly coded and it s possible to start at the same place.
(if it was well coded than dam … what are the odds karma is a real bitch)

basicaly it s as if Elite made you spawn in a random star system . you may never see anyone exept if you try making a journey to the sol system.
he was hoping for that, it failed and backfire.

he is a piece of shit for saying a lie and covering it by the hope that nobody will see each other because "muh, tons of planets"

I usually see a couple people per day here in southern Commiefornia not wearing shoes (not counting the homeless) and don't think much about it. That's considering I see over a hundred people per day working retail.
Not sure if it's a trend or people just being lazy.

I'm playing out of boredom, this game has a lot of annoying shit that make playing it almost like doing dishes, but I got fuck all else to do.
It's like these devs took every instagram filter and shit it onto the screen, turned the FOV down to shit levels, and don't get me started on the playground rocketship-on-a-spring ship controls.

God this game is fucking terrible

It is genuinely terrible

the only thing that is slightly interesting is finding ruins to learn languages because it reminds me of Metroid prime.

everything else is awful

I want to fly space ships into planets filled with structures that resemble world trade center. I also want the game to be dubbed in arabic

If it's a space game, there needs to be more planets than you could reasonably visit, and they need to shuffle up every time you play so you don't play the same thing every time.
Not procedurally generated, though. I'd say about 10 planets, each 1:1 Earth scale, or close, and all hand-crafted. Then just randomize their locations and shit.
Done.

Good gameplay mechanics are important, but never seeing the same thing twice is also important. Procedural generation fails because the human brain cracks the algorithm, and you see the same single algorithm everywhere you go.

Maybe a game where new hand-crafted content is constantly being added via sweatshop workers or something.

except there aren't tons of planets, there are maybe 4 planets. Mountainous, jungle, oceanic and plains. and any variation therein consists of pallete swapping,changing the resources, adding something like temperature or acid rain, and lolwacky spore creatures

the fucking colors of that game is one of the biggest turnoffs. Shame really, because one of the developers insisted, before development began, that the game should be as realistic as possible but got cucked by another dev.

cucks cucking cucks in an endless cycle of cuckdom

If there was realistic colors it'd be even more boring than it already is.

OP Fag here
It's like no one even read the idea I posted
This is what I wanted to originally design, what's wrong with it?

This is exactly right. What people don't want from a space game is the one thing that space is overflowing with. Empty space and lots of dead rocks. Without some easy to find hot spots on those cold dead rocks it's really boring.

If that's what you want the game can no longer be good and cheep without taking an abhorrently long time to make, unless you have some really cooperative friends you aren't telling us about.

well nothing really,
but again we see this:

the trend of the player wanting to be the hero or the game instead of working for it…

and that s why modern game are so limited

Holy hell this shit is boring. I can't imagine how the people who actually bought this feel.

thanks i was starting to think nobody on Holla Forums had the maturity to understand what is exploring in space.

here is a little vid that show a sample²² of why there a tons of people who love simply do exploration/sightseeing in elite…
you can even compare it with NmS and see why i think NmS even fail in that domain.

²²that video is an old reupload, now you can land on planet without and (if they announce it at gamescom) with atmosphere.
next expansion is fps with boarding , walking in station and ship interior (including out in the wild if you land on a planet)

double post sage
why the fuck would i give an outdated one in the 1st place.

Yeah the update has been a long time coming, like for example tactics modes now actually work. That was something that even the first goddamn game had. Hopefully Gearbox manages to stave off bankruptcy long enough to push out some more fixes.

As for OP, well Space Engineers runs like shit for some people (it did for me on my Phenom II, runs a lot better on my i7), but I like what it has so far. IMO the only thing it's missing is orbital mechanics, but there's a really low speed limit that keeps that from happening, so it plays pretty much like spacebuild in garry's mod.

You have no idea how popular BL2 was. They're making the third one now, I doubt they will have any problems getting a publishing deal ergo money. They'll still be around for a long time.

No mans sky where you fight evil space empires, liberate worlds, colonize habitable planets, forge alliances, fly capital ships, actual research and studying from shit you get on planet. Ducking Star Trek things up for once. Forge a fleet and blend a couple genres.

Oh and leave it all open ended

Space trading simulator on a solar system scale with realistic orbital physics.

swarm simulator 2000
you are the latest alien menace of decent amount of choices of "what type of menace" (at least "offensive", "infestation", and "sneaky") affecting playstyle and units
the universe is a 4x game in and of itself and you have to rely on that to make progress- you aren't even a planet to start with
countries will be managing their diplomacy, expanding, trading, and warring all of their own volition (having seen 4x AI before this is way easier than it sounds), distant worlds style ideally, but the universe doesn't need to be randomly generated- just the inhabitants
ships are simulated in the "fleet" sense, doesn't have to be detailed, but your interactions should affect the wars or economy- shit on an integral war supply fleet and boom, the front crumbles, or similar. small countries should seek overlords or unions to fight large countries off, the universe should make "sense"
the goal is to eliminate all other sentient life and to do this, you'll have to grow and grow. it should be exceptionally difficult to just assault existing empires and zombie the fuck out of the universe
there should be 3 layers
the 4x you aren't quite playing, you are fighting anyone and everyone even if they want to use you to their advantage, don't know you're there, or are crumbling under your neural parasites
this should be almost Pandemic style for the player, evolving, deploying your forces to do things, growing, and seeing who and what is where, and not much else, you are a bystander and also the big bad guy- much like Pandemic, as you grow, space nations will try to band together to eliminate infested areas, keep their countries in lock down, and so forth
there should be some events to keep it spicy, but you're the galaxy killer- nothing else of that scale
"sneaky" menaces get to declare wars and do some basic empire-fucking things like genocide and creating illegal weaponry if they've infiltrated administrations
not too complicated, but if you're either an infestation or offensive menace, your fleets will need at least some combat interaction
I would envision something simplistic like the Star Wars Empires at War's space combat, move about ships, maybe target parts of enemy ships, maybe use special weapons/abilities, and that's it- all presets, though, customization would be a timesink
for offensive and infestation menaces, you would want a sort of top-down stealth or combat sim, I'm thinking a tactical rpg, something XCom style perhaps, with actual AI
if they don't know you're coming, they should be doing very basic crew member/civilian shit, food for your xenos or targets for infestation- more units to snag stealthily, if you haven't really been identified but you're spotted things start to ramp up
if they know you're coming, armies or guards would be at the ready, maybe heavy duty weaponry even
if you're world-destroying menace tier then they go all out, civies in shelters and lasers fucking everywhere, better hope you're stealthy enough to get behind them or have some biological tank-tier units by this point
hand-made "maps" that stay the same, just like the universe- no need to be super unique, but at least decent variants
enemies should be based on race, tech, and status- just shit on someone's reinforcement caravan and made them lose a war? their resource stats should be low, less tanks and ships. fighting a turbo-empire with your shitty band of bioweapons? expect to lose, neverending reinforcements, and if that doesn't work, expect exterminatus
if you can deliver well on at least a few of these aspects and them out, this sort of game would be loads of fun, even if maybe the 4X bit isn't stellar, or instead the combat isn't stellar

Railroad Tycoon IN SPACE

spaceengine with randome dogfights and trading.

here's a fake post just to highlight what that sort of game would play like, the "sneaky" archetype's features- dynamic trading, crew & territory management, and warrinbg the fuck out of everyone you can
great start, pic related, blobbing now

I don't know if this is new or old, but they've started giving out the game for free for positive reviews….

Don't you need to own the game first to make a review?

Fund it

Yeah, but I meant as in - they're giving free copies before people go make reviews. Although I'm not sure of the reason, but some one giving positive review with proof that copy was given for free… seems kinda shady.

Isn't it up to the reviewer to decide whether or not to disclose that they received the game for free?

That I not know.
I need to read up more about it.

Yes, it's optional. It's just a tick box when writing the review.

leddit and the chins ranting about nu males sky in chorus, i played like 10 hours and enjoyed the fuck out of it, its fine if you want to…space out.

I didnt pay for it obviously, 60 shekels might have made me a little angus, but otherwise its really not that bad, an interesting first concept.

it wouldnt take much to fix this game, I wonder if mods will ever be a thing.

the path to the future is intelligent procedural design coupled with handcrafted posssibly crowdsourced/decentralized content, you would need both to make something really gigantic and interesting at the same time

It's amazing how less angry people are when they don't have to spend money on games

I view space games as a careful balancing act of quality and quantity. You want to give the player a big enough gameworld to explore to let him feel like he really is in space, the "ultimate frontier", but you also want to populate the world with enough interesting content to not force him to keep doing the same activities over and over again, only differentiating one instance from another by the parameters given and a text blurb.

NMS is the perfect example of why procedural generation can't work as the core of the gameplay, and to a lesser degree Elite: Dangerous is an example too. Now, I view procedural generation as an underutilized, underdeveloped technology with a lot of potential to enhance the handcrafted parts of the game, but also one which will never be able to completely replace them.

So, for a space game I think these aspects are important:
1. Limiting the scope of it. It's all fine and dandy when you can say your game features six gorillion "unique" planets, but what's the point of doing that? No player will ever bother to visit a fraction of them, and even those that he will visit will be just boring and bland, with nothing unique or noteworthy about them, with the only memorable parts being when the algorithm fucks up and creates a completely nonsensical planet/biome.

What developers need to do is take a page from Firefly, the Expanse or Gundam. A solar system is already a massive playground with thousands of large objects, planetoids, planets, moons and manmade installations. Throw in mysterious alien structures and you have your sandbox. There's more than enough locations to populate a whole franchise of games, let alone one. If nine (or eight, fuck them) planets are too few you can always come up with a custom solar system with as many planets and moons as you deem fit (like Firefly did).

What's even better is that all these planets will have vastly different environments depending on their closeness to the sun, and the smaller number of locations to keep track of can allow developers to focus their efforts in making quality custom content.

2. Making the procedural generation work. Instead of letting the computer run wild set harsh limitations to what can be made, or simply make the building blocks handmade content the machine can combine in a logical fashion. Procedural generation should only be used to work alongside custom content, never supplant it.

3. Space sims are by and large sandboxes, and sandboxes require a vast array of fun and rewarding activities so the player doesn't get burned out doing the same thing over and over again. Space Rangers is a perfect example of this. You can have all manner of jobs standard to space sims, on top of RTS combat sections and CYOA adventures. Make the activities distinctive enough, give the player all manner of interesting quest lines that vastly differ from one another, populate the game world with interesting factions and quests, etc.

for free you can't really complain about the game

on the other hand, when you spend 60 bucks on a game…

i think you dont get what precedural generation is.
P.G is not let s just put random thing everywhere.

even if no man sky is "bad"/chaotic procedural generation.

it s not the case for elite who even (or more accuratly: WITH) procedural generation creatted a scientificly accurate 1:1 milky way

if you don t understand what he meant with the dice thing check numberphile's videos about this subject who can give you other explanation.

also elite isn t only procedural gen.
youtube.com/watch?v=EM0Gcl7iUM8 at 1:16 he even show why NmS fail so hard and it s a 2012's video …

I get what procedural generation is, I just don't like what it ends up doing.

I don't give a shit it can recreate a "scientificly accurate 1:1 milky way", I'm never going to explore 99.9% of all that procedurally generated blandness, so why care?

I want to play a game, not masturbate to the quintillion planets the game can create. I'm much rather have 10 planets with their own unique biomes, environments, cultures, locations et al than 10,000 dead rocks full of the same building and enemies.

All we need is a better Spore

what you call "blandness" is called FKING SPACE …

and we are speaking about SPACE SIMULATIONS. read

the point of exploring in elite are either
for *the beauty of space*

or discover aliens lifeform which was recently discover and thus many expedition groups (players) decide to go an explore once there was a hint of alien invasion

tl;dr
you do not want a space sim

you and a space RPG or something that hold your hand in the nothingness of space guiding you from point of interest to point of interest.

elite is not for everyone, it s an old school type of game where:
While you are the hero of your own story, you are not the hero of the game who rises to power and prominence amongst the already powerful. You can't BE the rebel alliance, but you CAN be Han Solo helping out with his ship where he can.

Learn to write you retard.

if that is your "argument"
then please by all mean, go back to 4cuck with your empty argument,
this ain t your school playground where other kid will come by and be like "ooooooh"

Essentially, Space Pirates. Explore planets, conquer them in the name of your clan, duke it out with other clans who want your planets. Build shit on planets that can keep your supplies of whatever you need to keep the other fucks out of your stuff. There will be planets created with specific purposes in mind so that there are bits of hub areas that give bonuses (such as slightly increased speeds to mining ores or building ships) so that there's more incentive to go to specific parts of the universe. This will give players the freedom to explore the trillions of planets if they want to as well as incentive to go to specific parts of the map so that multiplayer actually exists. Also, make fights flashy and cool. Give the feeling of fun-loving yet terrifying pirates, make weapons flashy lasers and bombs and fucking laser harpoons.

I want the universe to be mass anarchy.

Mount and Blade in space.
You start with a tutorial mission where you defend a settlement from pirates and get to board and capture a ship of theirs, possibly having to choose between different classes of ship. You then get to either become a pirate yourself, be a merchant (the things you trade should have an actual effect on the game, affecting the economy, what goods can be produced, the supply chains of armies), enlist in a country's military and fly missions for them (and if you do well enough, you can eventually get promoted and get to control that country's fleet, maybe even become a politician), terrorize border planets into submitting to your nomadic horde or use your money to fund your own, perfectly legal colonies (and get your shit raided by pirates and bordering empires).
Ayyliums don't have to be in the game, fragmented human nations are enough, but alien nations could be fragmented too, with different cultures and such. Think Stellaris' system of creating a puppet state with a culture aligned with your own, but it would be the natural state rather than a way to dismantle a unified species (a victory condition could be unifying your own).

I have a lot of lollore and stories in a space-pirate universe. I also have a bunch of games but I never stick with them when it comes to the content phase.

Which leads me to

someone dev with me! Stop being ideaguys!

What's your email address?

I'd work along with you, but I have nothing to bring to the table. Awful at art and know diddly shit about coding.

[email protected]/* */ is how you can contact me

As long as you were willing to learn. I didn't know anything about coding when I started, and now using UE4 BP (without typing code) I have a released space game I have 10 sales on. It's not much but it's something.

I mostly just want to work with people.

Litrally just make Starbound in 3D or Space Rust with more content, and decent controlling spaceships.

Thats all you have to do

I know, people around here hate Youtubers, but this is a perfect review.

Space Engineers is currently the best space game. If the multiplayer didn't chug so slowly with more than 10 people Id even say its amazing. Still fun to play though.

If only it actually worked. Joining MP locks the game up currently.

Me personally, I had fun with the game for about 6 hours .. but then the monotony of the game got to me, and I closed it and haven't felt compelled to reopen it. Grinding faction and learning languages is the only reason to keep playing, but from what I've heard, if you actually get to the "ending" and reach the "end" of your journey the game resets and you get to do it all over again. So fuck reaching the core of the galaxy.

Anybody else get the vibe that No Man's Sky started as a Spore mod?

There's too many noises in common and everything feels just similar enough. Mining beam sounds the fucking same, most of the animals share the same noises, some of their movements even look like stabilized versions of Spore creatures. Spaceships have that blocky, slapped-together look… It's frustrating.

Also:

Anyone as a torrent/mega for a recent version ?

Like freelancer but with more ships,missions,story and planets you can actually explore.

The most disappointing thing about No Man's Sky and most modern games is their utter lack of creativity. In everything, from game systems, interaction, design.

I mean, they built some nice color palettes, but have they never heard of Chris Foss? Design and sense of scale in NMS is shit.

Why are there guard rails and hand-holding safety nets at every turn in the game design and player interactions? I guess space exploration is about as dangerous as taking a shit while playing animal crossing.

Is it possible to actually die in this game? It seems like every time something reduced me to like one hit, suddenly they stopped attacking me or something… I always "barely" made it through the encounter whether it be after killing like 20 sentinels in one battle, or killing two pirate ships who attacked me (who always somehow manage to match the speed of warp).

Does the game pull a lot of punches or something?

l myself a gamer.

However, it seems and community. You're the technical and having for four fault if you don't under and haven't just fucking dollars going that you need is than soulless corporate cashcows forever.

What the way because they have problems. They don't needed. What people haven't bought it would DISTRACT you to explore the reason so mandatory fee to the greater good because of these AAA game, man.

I heard some features get out. God damn. Hello Games. We need to what people live up to the gaming antelope-like any have never, EVER felt through the experience for me the fuck me so fucking so much. Do you people has being anything organism for you to experience for you to do whatever you need it. I've been release,cancel you a universe is a worked years from the experience. No, you don't under fucking rocks? SWTOR. Planetside by side by side by side by side by side by side without of these AAA titles. You are breath taking, but most likely. Stop overreactions of misinformation and uplay and it's called Hello Games. We need to the greater cave on PS$. SO hop aboard some features on thing is KILLING VIDEO GAMES. We NEED single play games. They poured the same system once I acquired the most of all the hyp train 2 years of playing No Mans Sky after 32 hrs on there screeching in front of you sensational experiences made years on a liar, huh? Bullshit. I've been release on a cold, long aspected and plagued was perhaps the biggest temper tantrum inevitably mistakenly two system so you can meta criting the experience. No, you do in Call of Duty?

No Man's Sky, and soulless corporate the fucking this horrible behaving taken server issue! It's a single playing desperately and quite literally crying the fucking organism for the warp cell. No matter what I'm looking as you fuck off and quit dragging think about what we got here. It's so far. Just because what we got here. It's multiplayer. Newsflash: Games. Jeez Louise.

Space engine + space engineers (without the clanging)

I'd like a link too, I've searched for two days but found nothing

Correction, I did found lots of torrents, but no cracks

So, EVE Online?

Seriously. Fuck I love Christ Foss, I have his artbook from barnes, I would have loved just a huge barren planet with minimal resources every now and then. But every fucking planet is a goddamed babys first planet with every resource in abundance, no extreme anything. You can see the planets from the surface, but not the fuck huge space stations like in that second pic. Moons are just slightly smaller planets with nothing to scan.

that's a ground base, a cylinder into a spherical top, where the tunnel leads to
still valid criticism considering actual "space" in NMS is bland and unvaried while surfaces are devoid of interesting structures

whatever happened to good space art anyways

Derelicts. Enormous, empty, spooky as fuck derelicts. Maybe with evidence of a horrifying alien infestation a la the Nostromo with corpses, maybe some bloodstains, maybe just a big, empty carcass of a ship with a few working lights and some rudimentary artificial gravity. make sure that if there's artificial gravity and breathable air that there is a fuckton of dust floating in your flashlight.

i can honestly tell you that ghost ships/derelicts are 100% my favourite thing in all of science fiction, because I love a plot/exploration device that only raises questions, and rarely if ever any answers

also,
Ralph McQuarrie died

bonus points for shootan combat already being ingame because the game support boarding

my friend thought you could tunnel through planets in no mans sky with friends and make giant donut planets. Make a game like that, I'd play it.

Heard about Helium Rain? Still in development, but looks promising.

her waist is thinner in the Varia suit than it is in the Zero suit.
The shoulders are also wider.
They fucked everything up except for the height

Reminder that this game does exist. And No Man's Sky is far from a simulator mate, it's arcady as fuck.

Older russian tbs space exploration with amazing story and shitload of quests.

euro truck simulator 2 on space, with laser pew pew and the same degree of freedom elder scrolls gives, with buying houses, marrying and all that good shit
i'd kill for such a thing

I wish they'd make a Space Rangers 3. They could keep it 2D for all I care, and replace the RTS battles with more silly text quests.

confirmed cuckold

Did you play Space Rangers: A War Apart? It's not Space Rangers 3, but still has lots of new stuff.

How does I travel faster than light? lol

(checked)
It's pasta

Yeah. Adding the pirates to the conflict worked pretty well too.

space station 13

What programming language do you work on?
What experience do you have?
Let's see if you're not just full of shit

THat game's shit, though, after a while, because you realize you've literally done everything.
Flying is horribly dull, too. Honestly, if it wasn't for that, I'd probably like it.

how about the game is a fucking grind fest just so you can get some upgrades to grind some more and then you realize you were just playing slower no mans sky with a lot less planet landing and a lot more staring into empty space

Empyrion already exists and is better than anything you would make user, and it's not even finished yet.

And don't forget, the fucking warp shit feels incredibly tedious.

did you just complain about there being space in a space game?

You can make space more interesting than a shitty 3d map what you slowly run around before having to go into real space for whatever.
That's one thing I will give credit to No Man's Sky for. They made the travel itself relatively interesting. Not like Elite's empty map outside of realspace warp shit.

They were trying to make a 1:1 scale Milkyway that looked real and your complaining because they did just that? You think there's unicorns and shit in space or something? Space is planets and stars and shit.

Star Citizen.

What I would've wanted is no shitty overmap type crap, mostly.
That was garbage.

Besides, having a "1:1 scale" doesn't make something good. Do I look like a NASA-tier astronaut with a lifetime to explore? Hell no. Especially when everything's the damn same, with the same nothing to see, with the same nothing to do.

then clearly space sim games aren't for you

once again space isn't filled with unicorns and shit. it's planets and stars. not the land of make believe

Never apply to be an astronaut, user, you're not cut out for it.

Go play Mass Effect faggot.

is never coming out

2.7 in 4 days lad.

will never meet expectations

inb4 delayed indefinitely

Space sim games, by all means. I wouldn't like a simulator of what space is. It's fucking huge, slow, and not much happens.
That's why most games don't go for a 1:1 exact simulator of space.

But if you want to act like it's a space simulator, by all means, do tell me about the limited speed, and aircraft controls Elite seems to love, you fuckmongering assmuncher.

Post the webm.

It's alright.

so a spaceship couldn't possibly ever fly the same as an areoplane?

i suppose flying at lightspeed in a combat zone is a great idea too

Given that there's no atmosphere, gravity, or shit like drag, no.
By all means, slow down then. Still leaves limiting one's speed stupid, bruv.

tbh no man's sky had the right initial idea they just forgot about any substance whatsoever. it's like they thought of an idea and then instead of refining it, adding stuff like gameplay ideas, limitations, etc. they just kinda went with it right off the bat and then hurriedly tacked a few features onto it after they realized it didn't really hold up.

no it really can't
the fundamental laws behind the two are completely and utterly different

That game exists.

You are a guy on a planet. You have to play what is basically 3d factorio to gather materials. From the materials, your factory ultimately builds the individual components of your vehicle/plane/ship and you assemble them together in a vehicle designer similar to kerbal space program. The game has a similar physics system as KSP, so you need to design your shit somewhat intelligently and have to be familiar with basic orbital mechanics if you want to leave the planet and mine asteroids or whatever.

There is no other view than the first person view in the game, and no interfaces other than those you manufacture yourself. For example, you build a scanner, put it in your backpack together with a battery, build a display, connect it to the scanner and attach it to your left forearm. Then just look down on it. The inside of your ship is customizable in a similar fashion, meaning you can attach displays to surfaces and connect them to different devices. Again, you have to do everything from the first person view inside the ship, so you probably want to have a display connected to a computer that can show your apoapsis/periapsis and all that good shit. The ship's control interface is separate from player input interface (which are both physical things you have to place somewhere). With a computer between them that translates your input into desired actions, the controls can be set up in any way you want. With an antenna, you can build a probe and control it remotely. Or you can automate certain tasks thanks to scripting.

The most advanced computer you can build is actually a full fledged virtual machine running a custom linux distro which is capable enough for emulation, so you can play some spyro on your ship's main display while doing orbital maneuvers.

That game already exists.

well the ship has a flight assist mode which simulates flying in an atmosphere

What game is that then, you double nigger?

Xenoblade Chronicles X
It's not a very good game.

Elite IV is boring as shit, and that's speaking as someone who's played at least 50 hours of Elite 2 and maybe 20 hours of Elite 3 and enjoyed both.

Yeah pretty much. The only way around it is to have various types or levels of gameplay. Like how being a gunner on a ship is generally easier than being a pilot, but you can expand that concept on to different types of ships and even the gameplay options you're using. You could even take something as simple as mining in most games and make it harder and harder to get better ores by making them require careful manipulation of range and frequency of lasers, manually tractoring ore into a hold, etc. (especially if using multi-crew ships with different roles involved in the task).

EVE is a great example of how to handle territoral conquest and economics. But now it's time to get everything else done right: missions, mining, production, etc.

While I obviously agree with your conclusion (that it was a lie), I disagree with this. Anything but a straight up admission along the lines of "NMS does not have multiplayer" or "You will not be able to see or play with your friends." is a lie. If they intend to add MP later, they should have said so, otherwise "No MP" is the bare minimum expectation I expect to be met. How the fuck did they think it was ok to say all the bullshit they did?

I got the game for free and was still disappointed. Good thing no one I know paid money for this piece of shit. Try before you buy kids!

You can tunnel through asteroids in Space Engineers. You can dig on planets too, but not all the way through (last I remember anyway).

Realistic space game, full realism, as much realism as possible while still being sci fi and having gameplay

also known as hard scifi

recommended authors:
arthur c. clarke
isaac asimov
larry niven
jerry pournelle
ian m. banks
peter watts
alastair reynolds
neal stephenson
vernor vinge
william gibson

recommended website:
projectrho.com/public_html/rocket/

recommended anime:
planetes

Game devs are so fucking scared shitless of implementing a space-game that actually represents space; it disgusts me. I honestly think it's because 90% of the dumbfucks in gamedev are limp-wristed idiot liberal hippies who don't have a goddamn clue about fucking anything except cappucino-latte's, braiding their friends' hair, and what pronouns to use when talking at a social justice parade.

Saying the word "Orbit" or "perigee" shuts their dumbfuck brains off almost instantly. Their eyes glaze over as you describe the simplest concepts of space such as, "Space isn't actually cold, it's a vacuum - an insulator" and "Every action has an equal and opposition reaction."

For game design practices - homeworld and KSP have decent control systems for movement in 3D space. Look at them for inspiration to build from. Homeworld has excellent art direction. Look to tabletop games (Attack Vector Tactical in particular) for some design/gameplay concepts.

If someone is serious about doing a space game, all this shit is highly recommended research material.

Yeah, but shit like that's meant for braindead invalids who can't wrap their brain around newtonian physics.

Part of the problem with most of the so-called "space sim" games is that they try to implement WWII dogfighting in space, without first trying to understand why WWII dogfighting is even interesting to begin with.

Go take a look at literally any space fighter sim ever made and the exact same thing happens in every single one of them: You joust (Head to head attrition), or you get behind someone and kill them, and these two scenarios play out over and over again because they try to emulate some elements of atmospheric combat without considering the fact they're not in a fucking atmosphere/gravity well.

Talk to any fighter sim buffs and they'll handily corroborate the following concepts in aerial dogfights:
- Potential energy
- Kinetic Energy
- Friction
- Gravity
- Air combat maneuvers

Air to Air combat is essentially a game of energy management. The guy with the most energy has an advantage, but a good pilot can bleed that advantage away and switch places with his opponent. If you want to get an understanding of this, watch some warthunder air combat maneuver tutorials.

Suffice to say, you CANNOT have good combat in an atmospheric flight sim without these basics. And what happens when we try to switch over to space? We lose: Gravity, Potential Energy, Friction (usually), and air combat maneuvers (because they depend on the previous). There's no altitude in space, there's no thin air, there's no drag. You can't perform a hammerhead maneuver in space when someone's on your tail. You can't fly a boom and zoom spaceship because the entire concept relies on altitude, gravity and potential energy and nothing remotely similar to these is ever actually modeled in these so-called fucking "space sims"

I fucking spit on that name. FUCK space sims. Almost NONE of them even TRY to simulate space.

Unless it's a spaceplane flying through atmosphere - no. See the video for details.

Now, when it comes to actual space simulation - of course there's gravity. There's gravity, there's orbits (close enough equivalent to altitude), there's potential energy (fuel/delta-v, and a function of your orbit), there's kinetic energy. There's also some extras, like heat management/radiation.

The good stuff is there, but the scope needs to be expanded outwards from some pansy-ass 2km cubed grid of pseudo-space to literally entire planetary systems.

The easiest and simplest location for space combat without stretching time into months/years (which is easily solvable, but a lot of full-retards can't grasp the concept of fast-forwarding a simulation or time skipping) is within a gas-giant system. IRL Jupiter/Saturn are fucking fantastic - jupiter especially. (Mind it's got a lethal radiation belt) but a made-up gas giant system is perfectly fine too.

This gives you a shitton of planetary bodies to use for changing orbits, provides a lot of "horizons" that will block LoS and weapons, contributes to environmental hazards, gives you tons of options for opposing, friendly, and neutral factions, plenty of diverse locations (everything from luna-esque moon bases, to earths, to hollowed out asteroids) and altogether provides an absolutely excellent combat environment for relatively fast-paced tactical/strategic gameplay.

Motherfucking:

Not so fucking hard. Yet nobody even tries these days.

Just fine-tune the feel of the flight mechanics to an artform, spice up the missions so it's not always "go here, kill this", and you should be ahead of 90% of the trash people shit out these days.

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:c32ee30d72af8c9517c378e80ea81e800a6122e1&dn=Space+Rangers+HD+v2.1.1800+%2B+hotfix+-+Cracked&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fzer0day.ch%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.demonii.com%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fexodus.desync.com%3A6969

I'm seeding this, I'm also uploading it to the vola volafile.io/r/HF33Go

He starts talking about how Elite uses the thrusters to make it control like a plane and goes on to say how you can turn it off and have it fly like it actually would.

space fighter games are done to death

I have no idea what the fuck you're smoking thinking nobody even tries to make them.
Everyone TRIES, it's all they fucking make. Easily 90% of the fucking non-strategy space games in existence revolve around MUH SPACEFIGHTERS

They just all SUCK, because they ignore the entire concept of space and try to pretend space isn't real and doesn't exist while they insert some faggy ass space-fantasy version of space just so they can have their stupid space fighters with their shitty faux-WWII gameplay that is occasionally masked by decent storytelling and gamist rock-paper-scissors elements.

I'm fucking sick of it.

plus none of them can really ever top Freespace
I'd rather have a space battleships or a space silent hunter type game

nigger, at least if it wasn't online only, we might see mods try to fix how shit it is. As it stands, it's going to be the same shit right up until the company stops supporting it or goes bankrupt.

The whole concept of a massive, multiplayer-only procedurally generated universe filled with nothing particularly interesting or distinct is flawed right from the start, and I have no idea why people keep trying to make that kind of game.

There's more interesting exploration to be had in the 4km square map that encompasses GTA Vice City than there is in the entire fucking 1:1 scale milky way galaxy in Elite Dangerous.

Despite the bad reputation it should be smth along what the TV show Andromeda did.
You have a relative powerful battleship and you want to create or recreate your Empire.

Until you lay down the foundation of your Empire the game will be more linear.
You will make decissions in this story line on which the game will interpret what kind of Empire you are building - good or evil.
If you choose the good route you will mainly focus on alliance building to fight the eternal dark threat insert enemy, while if you choose to go the evil route you will focus to conquer galaxies until anything good is terminated.

From this point on the game becomes more open world. Your main Empire hub should allow you to make tactical decissions like in a strategy game, while the main gameplay resolves around you to take missions and be captain of your ship - later on fleet. The purpose of both routes will be base building and defeating your enemy just in different styles. Trading, collecting and upgrading, colonisation and recruiting should take a big role in all of this.
You want a decent amount of high quality story mission, but also some lower quality sidemissions. Make your crew ~5 different chars part of the story telling to give everything more meaning and depth. Also insert event based mission in the strategy part of things you need to handle with your ship/fleet yourself.

An important aspect is that you decide to not be the leader of your empire despite founding it. You can build stories around the struggle with what you created and where you try to correct this mistakes. You could also go with the struggle being so big that you consider to just split your empire to create a new either more moderate or more radical one.
You can go with straight up betraying the ideals of your Empire in some missions.

Well crafted missions and few well profiled factions/races will result in higher quality.
Give anything meaning. Don't make it like a WoW tier "accept quest -> do this -> turn in quest" shitfest.

You know, I could see that working in a really cool way if done in the style of that one dreadnought fleet game that was popular a month back

Somebody was talking about some super old like, DOS game that's just like No Man's Sky.
I think it started with an R? What game is that, again?

Rayman

A space game where you can sell weapons and other exotic tech to primitive alien species, and watch them destroy themselves with it whilst you rack in the space dough.

Aside from Strike Suit zero/whatever, and maybe evochron, what, exactly, has been made in the past 10, hell, 15 years in that genre with more production value than babby's first indie title?

It was as done to death in 2001 as ww2 FPS shooters were in ~2004, but we've pretty much not seen hide nor hair of the genre since.

We get lots of mediocre to decent elite/starlancer/EV/X type games for some reason, like E:D, galaxy on Fire, starpoint gemini, rebel galaxy, Darkstar 1, the various Xs, and the upcoming scam citizen.

You get a mediocre, usually mouse flight based dogfight mechanic tacked on to a generally poor economy simulator. They always try to be too many things at once, and usually suck at most of them

The unrealistic nature of WW2 in space battles with fighters and capital ships is there for gameplay reasons. Even people well familiar with the science aren't going to do well in a realistic action space battle simulator, even without having to worry about fuel. Each burn you make will change your orbit in ways you probably won't be aware of in the heat of battle. You might find yourself dropping into the atmosphere, or boosting into a higher orbit and having to wait like 20 fucking hours for your orbit and your opponent's to get back in phase so you can match velocity and get back to fighting.

Imagine trying to match orbits with and dock with another player in kerbal space program, without talking to them, while they are trying to dock with you. Pure fucking insanity. Granted, I'd play the fuck out of that at least once.

Jesus christ, I just spent three posts explaining why it isn't and there are still people here parroting this bullshit.

No, it isn't done for fucking gameplay reasons. It's done because developers are a combination of lazy, uncreative, and stupid.

You simultaneously cry for a good space combat game while asking for the exact same shit that keeps being served to you and pretending like it wasn't what you asked for.

Just
FUCK

What is wrong with you?

The simplest concepts just whiz in one ear and out the other, let alone anything slightly engaging or complicated. If anything that's really the issue I guess - so much of the general population is full of dumbfuck retards who just want the same shit they've always had that you have no other choice than to cater to the lowest common fucking denominator to be successful.

Does anyone have the NMS ending copypasta? I need to use it on someone

here are 2 contributions

Rouge system, pretty much DCS in space

and

Infinity:battlescape

youtube.com/watch?v=9DTFpKlH1LE

You seem upset. Maybe go play some I-war and calm down nigger.

Keep posting pics, though

It's there for game engine reasons.
Game engines can simulate submarine combat, but can't properly simulate space flight, because the latter is to complicated.
So game developers pretend, space is ocean and WW2 style dogfights are happening in it.

good graphics
FPS module
board other ships with your crew

there would be this 12 or 24 players crews of noobs that would be on some freighter transporting goods, they would have NPCs too that would have some functions on the ship

you with your 4 player crew attack it, kill the player enemy crew, take their NPCs as slaves on your little ship with cages, sell them off to the slave trader at the nearest station, but not before you escape another crew that was waiting for you to extract the NPCs and steal them easily.

day 4 on no man sky is on a decent path but like.
you get everything so fast now that i know how to get everything I can even do it faster if i started over

also fuck the atlas

anyone know how long it will take me to get to the center I'm just gonna do that and uninstall

there is not much point to landing on each planet now outside some restocking on mats for warp cells

at this point of the game the only thing to do is basically discover every word of each races shit and then understanding what they say getting anywhere near 200 million units to buy out a nice looking ship takes way to long

sentinels prove to be almost no threat to the player even before i got all my upgrades the ground sents are easily taken care of with line of sight and the space frigate the sentinels send after you with 5 stars in space can easily poked at but of course get nothing form it cause it just has turrets and that is it on it.

That may indeed have been true back in the late 90s, but I'd think it's much more to do with the fact that normalfags and movie producers lack imagination, so the past 70 years of visual space opera sci fi has been dominated by basically various depictions of the WW2 pacific front.

Or even more simply: everyone just wants to make star wars because that's what they grew up with.

fuck off with that shit game

You can blame Star Wars for popularizing WW2 in Spess

During the 90s you could still build an engine from scratch within weeks. Software rendering was still a thing, so you hadn't even to use textured polygons. You could do whatever you want.
Nowadays it is simply easy to build "airship/underwater combat" with standard game engines, while it would require proper research to get proper space combat physics. So lazy gamedevs go the easy way of course.
Descent invented the 3D 6DoF FPS and that is what you will get as "space combat" in video games, because everything else is hard.

The hack devs at Squad did it for KSP, in Unity no less, and it only took five years and counting

That reminds me, I need to go and have my monthly check on the kspg thread on halfchan.

Slap X3 TC and Rouge System together, unfuck the UI, tweak some variables for the AI that reacts to the player and make it a bit larger with the cautious use of RNG.

KSP is just broken trickery to the max. It also has no proper simulation of space, that stuff is all faked.
Also no space combat at all, single player only.

I'd like to hear some specific reasons why a realistic space "fighter" game would be inherently more fun than an unrealistic one. Because by my reckoning, the opposite is true. Infinite sightlines, effortless target detection, identification, and prediction, computer-aimed weapons at beyond visual range, one-shot kills, reaction-based acceleration, limited Delta-V, speeds of several kilometers per second, an endless battle to manage the buildup of heat: these are the hallmarks of "realism".

If you're making a frenetic action game that pitches spacecraft against each other up close and personal, several of these tenets will be going out the window right away. You'd have to work really hard to shoehorn a fun action game into the context of realistic space warfare, and by that point you'd be left with little more than a superficial resemblance. Which I'm not opposed to, trying to resemble reality is better than nothing.

Bump

Space fighters don't work in space

There will never be an actual realistic space fighter game.
All space fighter games will be unfun bullshit because they can't/won't implement the gameplay elements that make the atmospheric dogfighting they're attempting to copy fun.
Implementing the fundamental elements of the aforementioned atmospheric dogfighting ends up expanding the scale beyond anything that makes sense for dogfighting. e.g. it is tactical/strategic in nature and involves something more along the size of a naval vessel than a space plane.

There is no space fighter dogfighting in any sort of realistic science fiction game. At best you get pseudo-elements of it in atmospherespace transition craft. e.g. you have an invasion force and want to bring your own airforce to another planet from space instead of just bombarding shit for whatever reason.

Most (all?) developers just skip out on the fundamental gameplay elements that make dogfighting fun, and half-ass it to force WW2 in space bullshit because they're an uncreative hack.

The absolute best that is ever managed is shitty dogfighting with a gamified system laid over it to hide how shitty the dogfighting is - shields, hitpoints, rock/paper/scissors weapons and armor - and most of the time even that gamified system is simplistic crap, occasionally it's alright, but I have yet to play a single space dogfight game that even comes CLOSE to the gameplay and tactics involved in a flight combat sim.

This is a good game, made by one dude.

And you get to explore you ship…which is like the greatest thing games can do.

However some shitty youtube celebs found out about it, so its got some gay people in the community

Seems like NMS was anticipated being Rust in space but instead ended up being like ___.

Pic related there is pretty much how my bf and I did a space truckin' marathon the other weekend. Shit was great.

1) does it have autism?
2) if no go to 1

to be honest, the autists are the only ones who make good videogames

It's so complicated that very first game did it. There's nothing hard to calculate, we're talking about basic Newton's laws of motion.

In reality, closest thing to space combat would be ships hundreds of thousands of kilometers apart, moving in tens of thousand of km/h against each other, while trying to match enemy ship trajectory against solid projectile (resulting in space instagib). That all in ambience of dark and silent fucking nothing.

The best thing in war apart was that you can turn off robot rts missions.
Anyway, the 1st one is my favorite, but I thing that may be caused by nostalgia.

How much would you guys be willing to shill out on a good indie space game?