What is the most quotable game ever made, and why is it Metal Gear Solid?

What is the most quotable game ever made, and why is it Metal Gear Solid?

Can I borrow some gas?

LIQUIIIIID!!

cant argue that my friend, that game is pure meme gold

Reddit get out

What is the most overated game movie ever made, and why is it Metal Gear Solid?

Sup DSP?

Whatever it is that you like.

I actually was looking forward to playing MGS until I started to realize it has a case of rabid cult-like fans and decided to look up gameplay footage. I probably had to skip around 20 times to actually find gameplay footage because the majority of the game was fucking cutscenes. When I did find gameplay it was just a guy running behind boxes and tapping on them to make a guard walk over and either knocking them out or running behind them.

I'm starting to feel like all the misconceptions about stealth games can be traced to MGS like, for example, ghosting being the way you should play instead of just a way to compensate for the fact that the tools the game gives you breaks the game. It still somehow ended up being the frame of reference for making a stealth game instead of something like Thief.

That being said I might sit down and power through all of them to get the mindfuck movie/crazy experience that caused the game to be as popular as it is when I have a free week.

OLD MEN

TELL ME ABOUT PSYCHO MANTIS! WHY DOES HE WEAR THE MASK?

"This event acurrately resembles my Nipponese animated drawings" - (((Hal Emmerich)))

You must be that ninja.

FASCIST

Long story short, the writers at the time were so good at filtering Kojimas autism that there never was mgs game on equal grounds with it, writing and story wise. To bad kojima fired them since he didn't like getting filtered.

Why contain it? Let it spill over into the schools and churches, let the bodies pile up in the streets. In the end, they'll beg us to save them.

You know gameplay starts 4 minute into any actual MGS 1 gameplay video that isn't an eceleb flapping his gums. MGS 2 onwards refines and improves the gameplay elements but it comes with even more cutscenes and the cutscene to gameplay ratio of MGS1 is one of the lowest. so I'm wondering how far you were skipping ahead.

Are you fucking retarded, OP?

Hey Niels Bohr, I'm on your side!

I think I was looking at 2 or 3. I basically skipped to random points and kept getting cutscenes. Even in 1 the gameplay still looked like, hide behind boxes and tap on walls.

Every C&C is really quotable, but RA2 and YR are a goldmine for quotes
>WARNING, MILITARY SOFTWARE DETECTED! TOP SECRET CLEARANCE REQUIRED!
>We will bury them.
>TWO THOUSAND VOLTS COMING UP!
>Never existed!
>Yeah, baby!
>Why don't you drive?

No

Talking about MGS, what is the best vocal track and why is it Snake Eater?
No, MGR doesn't count

STICK WITH THE PROD

MEMORIES BROKEN

The short answer is the ultra-campy nature of it. It's the same reason Ace Combat, Star Fox 64, and Command and Conquer units are all super quotable, too. Metal Gear takes it a step further with a campy Shakespearean acting radio play element. The Protomen have a similar thing going on. It's like poetry or something.

OP here. I considered posting both MGS and Deus Ex, but then I thought I could just post one and Holla Forums would do the rest. If this post has a different ID it's because I'm on my phone.

I couldn't begin to choose a favorite song, but "Don't Be Afraid" deserves some more love.

Basically any RTS game you'll hear the same lines a hundred times. It becomes permanently quotable.

Any MOBA. Those thrive off of hype and keep spreading the shitty idea that every game needs some sort of 'e-sport' element.

Any RPG with voice acting.

shit

Can't Say Goodbye to Yesterday is better.

kys faggot

Hot damn I am not used to albino JC. I always played him as a spic.

You don't look a day over 12,000.
Fuck you.

go back to tumblr

I've got a bigger dick

CLEANSE
PURGE
KILL

The Nord lines are the best.

Did you say "nerd"?

Blow it out your ass!

Federal Hall!
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

SMOKIN' SLICK

The GEP gun takedown is always the most silent way to eliminate Manderley.

what a shame