It's been 15 years, has this hardware oddity been emulated yet?

It's been 15 years, has this hardware oddity been emulated yet?

Other urls found in this thread:

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Xbox
xqemu.com/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_360_games_compatible_with_Xbox_One
shogun3d-cxbx.blogspot.com/2009/11/cxbx-compatibility-list-updated.html
please
archive.is/Bitm9
phantomdusted.com/v-web/bulletin/bb/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11451
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

no, you dumb shit, quit making threads for things you can find on your own

There is not even one eclusive game that would make it worth it anyway.

Dead Rising is coming to PC

Dead Rising is for 360

What about Jet Set Radio Future? Crazy Taxi 3?

Nigger

Worse, you're a retarded nigger.

We've been over this time and time again.

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Xbox

most of these aren't even exclusives

No, instead they're the best versions of 6th gen games.

A hell of a lot of multiplatform games on that list, double nigger.

I like to think the "toxic behavior" is from Nintencucks and Sonyggers who basically spent years shit talking Microshit after the 360 came out. Remember when people tried spreading the meme that the Gamecube was "technically more powerful" than the Xbox?

I know.

It don't change a thing, baby.

Can't say I've heard it as often as "PS3 has no gaems." But I suppose.

I though by "Toxic Behavior" they were talking about how the people looking into busting that Xbox open were moralfags or whiners

Look on the revision history of the Xbox page on the emu wiki. Up until May of last year there was always some line about how "Xbox may have been more powerful BUT GAMECUBE WUZ BETTER OPTIMIZED AND THAT MADE IT DO FANCY EFFECTS AND SHIT". I also remember seeing that horseshit on cuckchan Holla Forums years back.

The best way to resurrect a xbox is to make it a living room comfy machine

I've heard that nowadays video playback on the system really isn't up to par with today's video decoding standards. At best I hear you can get 8-bit 720p Xvid video. How is netflix working on your system?

Some of them are.

it was alright

Maybe. But it's definitely worth it for the bestest versions of console exclusive multiplats.

And some multiplats with PC versions are still better on Xbox

Yes but this emulator is very high-level and also it's slow as shit.

xqemu.com/

It's also gonna be a pain in the ass finding an IDE drive that isn't on its last legs.

I disagree. I'd love to experience SMT NINE, even if it's bad.

Also, Metal Wolf Chaos.

I'll ask here. Does anyone know how to calibrate Xbox controllers? I'm trying to play Burnout 3, and I can't fucking accelerate past 30 MPH. I don't know why. Right trigger is accelerate, and I've tried 2 different controllers. Trying to figure out what's going on. I can't race like this.

The basic problem is that Gamecube had way more exclusives, and most Xbox games are also on PS2, so there was never as much of a drive to emulate it.

I'm pretty sure Xbox and the Cube were neck and neck for exclusives.

And most of the PS2 versions were ass, and PC versions tended to be broken as fuck. The Xbox hardware is simply a convoluted mess to emulate.

They actually have about the same amount upon review.

The bullshit hardware didn't help, but the environment around the Xbox didn't give many people drive to work on it in the first place.

the real problem is how the xbox games were encrypted
each game was encrypted according to a serial number and is decrypted in real time by a chip on the system.
again, every game is encrypted differently

there's no single magic interpreter yet that can translate every game into usable code

however, the chip is rumored to have been recently decapped by dr decapitator and someone somewhere is probably working on implementing it

it's not hard to find ide drives, and just use a psp.

Otogi 1 & 2 are the better from software xbox games, thousand land is great too. But the best game on the system is steel battalion. Happy to say I own the controller.

part of it is that since it is so easy to soft mod the system and gain full access to it, there is little desire to get the system emulated because it's even easier than it was 10 years ago to have full top down access to everything the system can do.

BEHOLD, THE WORDS OF A FOOL

it's always fun seeing that hurr durr gamecube was betterer or mm-muh pc mustard ricer that pops up in the xbox threads in a post xbox-user world. Great system, nice to see people dropping great games all over the place.

Most of those were running higher res textures and were rendering at 720p on the original hardware.

all of them were 480p, some were 720p, but generally there's higher quality models, better textures, and more effects. If you've ever played the warriors or soul calibur 2 on PS2 and Xbox, the differences in the Xbox versions are jaw dropping.

every single platform on earth has a few games worth playing. except xbone

xbox-fat emulation would be nice since i foolishly sold my xbox-fat to a friend ages ago thinking i wouldn't need it again

please, call it classic xbox. I think there's a lot of value in emulation, although it would be far from accurate for some time. If you want to experience these games again, you are best off just getting the original hardware, some component cables and modding the system. You will be set for some time especially if you take good care of the console.

The THPS games are so much better on Xbox

Unless you have flash drives lying around from 2002-2004 don't bother.

The PSP is the only way to softmod it.

grass son

I want it, but I'm not going to be able to find that controller or make room for it.

How so?

the controller isn't particularly massive, it's manageable. I can't speak for everyones situations, but all things considered, it's probably not impossible to fit in most places. I got mine for $135~ on ebay last year, just hunt for it, make sure it has the pedals.

also, how so what? Sorry, I don't follow.

If you think about it its pretty close
JRSF and Animal Crossing
Crazy Taxi 3 and Chibi Robo
The Mech Assault Games and F-Zero GX
Metal Wolf Chaos and Fire Emblem
Steel Battalion And Kirby Air Ride
Panzer Dragon and Luigi's Mansion
Blinx and Double Dash
Forza and Metroid Prime
PGR and 1000 Year door
Ninja Gaiden Black and Pikmin
And then thre is one or two GC has over it

THPS4 has grass (which looks gr8/8) but they never added in the grass for THUG.

Also weird was 2X had both grass and dynamic lighting but was never used again for any of the other games.

Meant to quote

The GC has recurring series, like Mario Party, which pad the library a bit.

Until I can find my charger for it and the 32MB memory stick that came with it, I can't use the PSP.

What makes you think it was a meme?

Virtual Boy is probably the worst in terms of having nothing you even slightly want to play or feel you missed out on. xbone has almost nothing but I'd like to try Raiden V as I used to play coin-op Raiden II all the time.

Better framerate, graphics, resolution.

You are forgetting Magatama, Otogi 1 & 2, gunvalkyrie, Breakdown, Phantom Dust, and Crimson Skies. I think the Xbox edges ahead in the end.

to be fair, 2x was built for the ground up to demo their new tech and had some simpler levels. THUG 1 & 2 however run at 720p. I think this is a fair alternative to some effects!

To be honest I didn't know they were Xbox Exclusive for sure I had a feeling for Otagi but wasn't sure

Because it got repeated ad-nauseam, on imageboards and other places. Like I mentioned earlier, even emu wiki fell prey to that bullshit. See also:

When in doubt, check the cover art. Maybe you were thinking of Jade Empire or something.

It might be superfluous information, but it's not technically incorrect either - don't get upset just because it became a 'meme'.

Not bagging on either console - I've still got all three from that generation setup.

I spent a lot of time fighting against much of the public perception when I was making xbox threads weekly. I was only fueled by geniune curiosity and just a desire to tinker and play a few games I knew I couldn't play elsewhere (jsrf, panzer dragoon orta, phantom dust) and was surprised to discover a poorly documented but tremendous library that in my eyes, knocks the gamecube right on its ass and gives a tremendous showing. Also discovered quite a few stories of Microsoft having a genuine dedication to their platform, providing free DLC, and constantly getting developers signed onto their system.

I think in the end, my message got across - that every system has something worth checking out. Personally as a gigantic Sega fan, the Xbox clicked with me as essentially the Dreamcast 2.0.

They are. The Xbox had more games than the gamecube.

I need to buy a Xbox one day

they are very cheap. I think you may have a lot of luck finding a cheap one, the modding scene isn't particularly expensive, although more expensive than the wii and psp, comparatively.

Again, the number of exclusives is about the same across the board.

Check craigslist or something. Someone is bound to have one.

And a few fancy post-processing effects doesn't mean Nintendo's purple lunchbox was a more powerful console, because it wasn't. If whiny faggots want to get into console war bullshit, do it with objective proven facts, especially when it comes to technical merits. It just wasn't that it was a meme, it was a meme propagated by outright bullshit.

And I thank you for your work user.

Have some JSRF

They're more expensive than a PS2 and a Wii by a factor of 2 over here though

I remember shit talking xbox just because Live was fucking cancer(and still is, only now it's more prevalent with shit like Playstation live and Steam's microtransactions.)

Speaking of, did they ever get online back up for the thing?

interesting, most people don't want them in America. I do not know where you are from, but here they are in major surplus. I've noticed something now that I've recently got into sega saturn things. Buying domestically is retarded expensive. There's a scene here for Saturn games and people get away with over-charging, like a steering wheel controller sells domestically for like $55-65, but I can just order it from Japan for like $16, then about $25 for shipping. Plus Japanese people give you little cards and candy and thank you notes.

Anyway, what I'm saying is you may have a lot of luck just simply ordering the system from America.

And yet at the time Xbox was the most robust platform for online console gaming, as the PS2 was no where near as feature rich as the Live was in the 6th gen.

Once the 360 came out, yes, it was bullshit Microsoft still charged for it and didn't offer any incentive to use their service over PSN.

There's xlink kai - it's LAN tunneling software geared towards that generation of consoles.

Most games are pretty inactive outside of Halo-2, but there's a good community on discord that organizes a different game each weekend (just finished up playing Midnight Club 2),

'Straya
I think its because here you had everyone and their grandmother have a PS2 and a Wii while the Xbox is weirdly neiche at the time but thanks to the 360 got relatively more popular

I've never soft modded one before, but I'm guessing the USB compatibility you are talking about is probably just the need to have it formatted in FAT32. That's easy.

I wish - the console doesn't care what the format of the storage device is going in as it automatically detects it as damaged + formats it to FATX.

There's a good writeup somewhere as to why it only accepts certain flashdrives/storage devices.

Google is showing me various links for FATX formatting tools as well.

Don't forget about the framerate.

Lots of multiplats that are 30 fps locked on PS2 and GC, run 60 fps on Xbox.

Plus, titles that are 30 fps locked on Xbox usually still have an advantage, running smoother without frame drops or stuttering.

Nowadays the Nintendo 3DS is actually in a similar spot since it's piss-easy to get the system fully modded to the point where you can get CFW running sooner than you can get the actual on-board OS running, so there's little drive to make an emulator.

you cant emulate xbox because microsaft makes omputer!s

Based xbox user

Whats a good place to import from? I don't know jackshit about importing

The false the Xbox has the same problem the Nintendo 64 has, some arcane inner workings while the PS1 and even the PS2 are well understood enough that perfect emulation is achievable. The Xbox also has another problem, they're all falling apart.

ebay and amazon, I'm not doing anything special. there's yahoo auctions but I haven't really got into that yet, or found a need to.

kill me

they're cheap as dirt and common

I'll never play this again will I?

Nah Nintendo emulation is on a different level because people literally WORSHIP Nintendo.

Also the GameCube didn't have Nvidia hardware specially designed for the Xbox.

Did you grab her tits in the elevator when the lights went out?

Jesus what kind of retard made this and how long ago did he do it. I'll grant that they are shitty ports that run horribly but on modern PCs this isn't that much of an issue. You can run the games at 120 fov on 1080p if you want, they are shit games and you're better off just playing the first 3 quake games, unreal, stalker, fear, half-life, hell even some other console fps like Black are better but you can sure as hell do it.

I dissagree bloodbourne station has one. Not a few.

They still have co-op and splitscreen you double nigger.

Ps4 has several available and future releases.

Leav3 and take your shit taste with you, mustard

xbump

It's on PS3 in double the resolution.

worse version of the game however. Ninja Gaiden Black is better than Sigma.

RIP lime jello blinx box. You were too good for this world It makes me sad that our days of blinx 2 netplay with LAN emulation are closing.

save the chassis and just swap it with a working xbox. I had a Limited Edition Halo Xbox that failed and just swapped it with an 1.1 model's guts. Fits perfectly, runs perfectly.

also, what issues are you having with softmodding? I may be able to help.

I can't get it to read external media.
I don't want to change it's guts out though, that'd be like skinning an old friend and making a new friend wear it.

hold down the right stick halfway down before starting the console and keep it that way untill you boot into the game. The controller probably calibrates when the console starts

Ok user whatever you say

but it's a bigger resolution user, don't you understand how important graphics are? u-upgrade your pc today goy!!

I think we're closer to a 360 emulator than an original Xbox emulator.

Doesn't the 360 emulator they made using the code from the xbone's emulator already play like 32 games?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_360_games_compatible_with_Xbox_One
over 100 games, no experience with it myself but it's evidence enough modern PC hardware & software could handle it at full speed.

i still have my xbox i want to try vid related

it's very easy, I suggest using a PSP, ordering a usb female to xbox cable, and doing the modding with the psp.

thanks for the guide, ill try that, too bad i don't have my psp from back when

stop talking shit

shoo shoo flag

Thanks for the guide. Now I'm worried about that capacitor.

M$ will just port the games instead of creating their own emulator, just like how Phantom dust is getting a pc I mean w10 port. The xbox is very hard to emulate since the 360 barely did it, while the xbone was able to do a good job of emulating 360 games in comparison. That means that it's very hard to do so despite having all the necessary documentation and manpower to emulate the OG Xbox.

You can still buy them new.

Get a replacement disc drive?

Is there a way to use the 360 controller with the original xbox?

The only thing worth emulating the Xbox for was the Sega exclusives that we'll never get ported.

Funny, I heard it was more powerful than the PS2, but was limited by it's mini-disc bullshit that Nintendo thought was "innovative".

Innovation doesn't make a console, it's the library and the hardware associated with it.

unfortunately no, different drivers so it would not work. It is possible in theory, but the period where someone might support that or implement it has passed some time ago.

it's very easy, I've removed them many times with just a set of needle nose pliers. If you have a 1.6 model you have nothing to worry about, but I prefer the 1.0/1.1 models for the conexant video encoder.

Guess the only way OG Xbox emulation is ever going to take off is if someone at Microsoft leaked some shit (Fat chance of that happening though since they probably keep it under tight wraps)

it is happening, although progress is slow. Essentially most of the hard work is done, and all that's left is optimization and getting sound emulation working.

You are still best off running on original hardware.

Phantom Dust is getting a Windows 10 port?

yeah, but considering how PC ports have been turning out the past few years, and win10 releases of games in particular, lower your hopes quite a bit. Original version is always out there at least.

I bought the original last year. A digital only, win10 only, drm port is a joke.

Give it another five years. Cxbx can already run a handful of games in a playable state. We'll get there. I feel like the fact that the Xbone can emulate the Xbox 360, and that the 360 can emulate the original Xbox, is promising. Maybe someone will eventually reverse engineer those in-house emulators.

Wait. The original Phantom Dust? Not the remake? Where did you hear that?

Also, wasn't the remake cancelled?

no, cxbx can't run anything in a playable state yet. Phantom Dust is getting an xbox one and win10 port. the new game is in the air at the moment, may have been a scam.

shogun3d-cxbx.blogspot.com/2009/11/cxbx-compatibility-list-updated.html

That's the compatibility list. There are a few that are apparently able to run according to that. I haven't tried it myself though.

can you not just use the PSP without a memory stick, with its 4MB or whatever of onboard memory?

I'm always amazed that in CURRENT YEAR so many people still mistakenly believe Xbox 360 BC was achieved through emulation. MS themselves never called it emulation, not even in interviews with technical people.

It's not emulation, the binaries / executable code was ported. That's why you had to download a different "emulator" for each Xbox disc.

I don't know much about XOne BC but it probably works in the same way.

I believe you in regards to the 360, but they have EXPLICITLY called what the Xbone does emulation.

please use archive.is2015/6/15/8785955/microsoft-xbox-one-xbox-360-emulator-software

Sorry, forgot that the Verge is considered to be cancer nowadays. Always hard to keep track of what sites have become unacceptable shit heaps. Here's a proper archive:

archive.is/Bitm9

this is not space to load the hacked save data or necessary xbox executables. I think the smallest SID installer is 6.5MB? Requires the hacked save data to be on the xbox already, which is only a few 10KB give or take. I believe it's possible to fit this onto an xbox memory card, and then to install the dash board you're interested in from a disc.

HOLY FUCK WHICH OF YOU HAVE PLAYED THIS GAME?

The original game is being rereleased. The remake was cancelled.

Realistically what can be so hard Holla Forums? It's literally just a pentium and an early nvidia gpu both widely available on the PC market

There is one.

intel chips are not easily emulated, and the nvidia gpu was nothing like what was available on the PC. The sound chip too is also incredibly mysterious and there is some low level technology at play in the xbox that complicates matters.

not even from soft's best xbox game

i herd summa dat shit don't even rly need emulated tho cuz it just run native on windows but sum shit b runnin off sum other .dll's or w/e so idk fam

Otogi isn't better and Murakumo sure as fuck isn't.

FUCKING THIS

otogi 1 and thousand land are

TFW you might have to upgrade to W10 and buy it because you want in on the multiplayer again.

Gamecube is weaker than the other two. I don't know who is so stupid as to think that its more powerful than either the PS2 or the Xbox.

RE4 looks and runs better on the GCN version because that's the console it was made for, but that has nothing to do with hardware specs. The PS2 version is a port.

Christ. Everything in me, from the helpdesk junkie to the hardcore technophile, is screaming. .

do you prefer to call it Parallel ATA?

The gamecube is actually more advanced, I think whoever told you that is lying to you. The Xbox however is the most powerful system of the 6th generation and it is indisputable.

Have fun when it dies in a month.

I don't know why people still say this. All three are comparable, with the Gamecube and Xbox potentially edging ahead. It's not even necessarily that the PS2 is weaker, but the architecture is more difficult to work with. Optimized games on the PS2 are easily comparable with the best of the other two's libraries.

The GameCube was significantly more powerful than the PS2, the Xbox however, was the superior console of that gen, the PS2 was the weakest. Many Gamecube games look miles better than PS2 games m8. And most multiplats that didn't get a Gamecube release run at a significantly higher framerate on the Xbox, GTA SA is a good example

the best looking PS2 games however do look substantial and are indeed some of the best, if not the best looking games of the generation. You'd be hard pressed to find a game that surpasses shadow of the colossus on any console, but generally if a game is multiplat you will find it is best on the Xbox, with special shader effects (many instances, grass shaders in THPS games, just as an example) or expanded resolution, with 480p as the standard and 720p being pretty common. This is not a strike against any exclusives to the console, some games like Magatama or Otogi 2 rightfully look absolutely gorgeous on the system, Otogi 2's superb particle effects which frankly I didn't see anything like them until the current generation of consoles..

PS2 got technologically substantial games because of the dedication to the platform. With such a sizable audience you could justify spending so much time and money getting the best results possible on the hardware. I'm honestly at a bit of a loss for mentioning top notch gamecube game visuals, but mario sunshine does come to mind with its liquid effects and water shaders and excellent use of draw distance, as well as metroid prime 1 and 2 with how much graphical density is present in any one room

Nigger the Gamecube supported 480p as well. The reason most Xbox multiplats looked better than on Gamecube is because the Gamecube used retarded tiny-ass disks so devs had to compress textures to get their multiplats to fit

Nigger please, look again, you're just some delusional fanboy. Mot PS2 games looked like garbage and aged like shit

You retarded children can stop now, nobody cares, you can admit you owned a GC, PS2 or Xbox, nobody cares, did you enjoy the vydia on it? Yes? Then that is all that matters.

I fucking loved the Xbox, it had so much unique amazing shit on it and its a shame they went the route they did with the 360 and Bone, what makes me extremely sad is that OG Xbox port of Ilbleed never happened, talk about a game that more people needed to play.

I'm only slightly biased against the gamecube of all 6th gen consoles because it has the smallest library of all of them so it's irritating fans annoy me the most. The GC does indeed support 480p, although not for every game, and even then, it requires $300 component cables to achieve this thanks to the DAC in the connector. I don't think you understand all the technology at work in shadow of the colossus however, if you think it looked like garbaged or "aged" like shit. PS2 games by far looked the worst, but it had dedicated developers that put their all into getting amazing results out of the system. It also looks great with component out.

Perhaps like Rent-a-hero no. 1 and The Red Star, a port of Illbleed exists and is waiting to be discovered.

No, its because you are a delusional fanboy piece of shit. Who the fuck get irritated by fans of another console because they enjoy its library? What the fuck is wrong with you? One thing I can't stand is fanboys, especially delusional fanboys, setting out to spread disinformation and shitpost
Its nothing special or revolutionary, its not magic, sorry I had to break the mold

The use of HDR, motion blur, and frame buffered distant back drops as well as the overlapping fur shading technique is what makes it a bit more of a noteworthy game. The PS2 is 1999/2000 era hardware producing visuals that would not be seen put to regular use until the following generation. I'm not even a PS2 fan, if you read the thread you could see more than anything I'm clearly more interested in the Xbox than the PS2 (which I will admit, I am.) Are you sure you're not a Gamecube fanboy?

You seem to have a pretty twisted fixation on gamecube fanboys and Shadow of the Colossus. And your backpedalling is fairly telling. Shadow of the Collosus was a great game, but you could chose much better examples of PS2 games that really took advantage of the shit hardware. Its nothing special, its novel they were able to do it on the PS2s shitty hardware, that's it

phantomdusted.com/v-web/bulletin/bb/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11451

uh ok then. Still not sure where all the vitriol came from, but whatever makes you happy

Well at least I still have my dreamcast.

Because it had no good games.

I've contacted someone I know in the archival scene, I'm curious if he has any word on either a prototype build or leaked content from that. He may have some answers, he's the same guy who uncovered the Oblivion PSP builds.

You know Xbox games like Halo 2 look impressive compared to most PS2 games but the levels are comparatively short and your screenshot doesn't have all the lighting effects. I'm pretty sure about that.

lots of the best looking parts of Halo 2 are fairly hacked together too. Lots of flat textures at different depths to give an impressive background, it works pretty well at times, but it's a bit transparent too. I still think the game looks gorgeous despite this. Otogi 2 is a more effect & physics heavy game that may stand out more compared to Halo 2.

lel

Shadow of the Colossus doesn't run well. 20 FPS(sometimes lower) in most of the game. The art style of the game is nice, sure, but performance isn't good. It's not exactly the best of what's available on the platform.

It had some, yes(Sony Santa Monica), but that applies to all three platforms.

On a semi-related note: I'm playing F Zero GX for the first time, and this game is fantastic. It looks really great as well. I'll have to buy a copy of this at some point.

my dad works for nintendo too user

Shadow Of The Collosus is ugly as sin. There, I said it. It really is. The artstyle is nice, but the graphics are really fucking shit. That's just the way it is. They don't justify the god-awful performance one bit.

You wanna know the fun part? If it was released on the Xbox it would probably run at 60fps with the graphics it had, probably would've had an upgrade too.

the framerate was a problem, but the technology was top of the line, and the fact that it runs as well as it does is kind of incredible. I do think you're missing the point, I'm highlighting what the team achieved on such limited hardware.

possibly, but that's not the reality we live in

I know you're probably bullshitting but if you ever get your hands on them you have to leak them or you're a huge fag.

why would I have to lie? I just tweeted at him, it's not hard to find Andrew Borman. I just asked him if he knew anything about it or had any leads. You guys act like it's hard to reach these people. I've also talked with veterans from Square Enix who worked on Chrono Trigger, just by looking up their names. I'd say most of them are out there and are pretty active online.

There are some cases where the ports aren't as close to the PS2 versions. I think San Andreas for the Xbox was missing some visual effects that were on the PS2 version.

Here's your (You)

I have yet to see this verified, but would be interested in finding out.

I had never heard of this game until yesterday.

Gameplay videos make it seem quite interesting.

Anyone know how it is?

A console is defined by its library. No more no less.

So the ranking is

You are a fool.

Come on now. There are plenty. Especially when you view them in motion. Shadow ran at about 3 FPS.

I heard the controls were a little tricky

sotc runs at about 20-25 fps, 15 in extremely intense situations with heavy motion blur. provide some examples.

How the fuck can it be so difficult to emulate a fucking pentium 3 with an old as shit geforce 4?

Because the Xbox doesn't use a Geforce 4 but a custom variant that's undocumented and emulating an Intel CPU isn't easy as it sounds.

Please try to keep up. We've been over this a gazillion times.

Still based on the gf4 and less custom than the x360's GPU

You fucking kidding me right? you could run the instructions in a modern x86, do you even know how virtualization works these days?

yes, a unique GPU that was a crossbreed between a geforce 2 and 3 with some geforce 4 tech in it, and an nvidia sound chip, bizarre boot up sequences and video encoder anomalies (although you only really need to do the conexant encoder) and pentium 3, a complex simultaneous instruction CPU and two distinct Nvidia chips, Nvidia being a company incredibly anxious to share or encourage the discovery of the inner workings of any of their absurd chip designs.

None of what you said is remotely relevant to the development of an Xbox emulator.
The hardware of the thing is a complete bitch, and decapping, while helped didn't move things along because of Nvidia's fucking mix of GeForce series with very strange instruction sets and coding that somehow worked. The Pentium 3 was a custom one, and again, while decapping helped, it had a bitch of an instruction set. Sure, it's easier to progress now than back then, but it doesn't mean it's less of a bitch to do.

Look at the Saturn, only just now someone managed to get an actual modchip/ISO loader done for the damn thing due to physical DRM.
Dreamcast emulation is looking up, but Demul and Chankast are still crap. We can't properly emulate Model 3 yet. Atomiswave is a fucking bitch, too.
Why do you think N64 emulation is just now catching up with CEN 64? Same issue. The CPU was a complete bitch due to chip customization.

Things haven't moved along because shit is actually hard. It's not like emulating documented Nintendo/Sony consoles, you have to make your own design docs to get some progress done.
Instead of saying stupid shit like "but it's just a GeForce 4 MX and a P3", how about you do some research first.