System Shock source code release Soon™

WHO'S ABOUT TO GET HYPE

Archives of tweet and page:
archive.is/Bkjvp
archive.is/mRw9k

Other urls found in this thread:

yadi.sk/d/z2kEgqemsMfBP
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First i get the Oblivion beta leak on PSP, then THQ comes back and now this?

Open source remake when?

Whats the point? Didn't these cucks C&D System Shock Portable just so that they could repackage it and sell it?

I demand to know more about this.

Well, about damn time.

Embed related I can't into webm, sorry

How fucking soon? They announced it long time ago and still didn't deliver. I hope we won't have to wait for their questionable reboot release, I'd rather play source port instead.

They killed it because it was the whole game and not a patch and portable patch is now available, by the way. NDS version is actual Windows port by some fan who didn't finish that project before.

Anyway, what really maters is because it's now possible to fix a lot of issues the game has, especially that annoying CPU bug and perhaps people going port Mac graphics and music too, it would be great if source port supported others audio formats like EDuke32.

ABSOLUTELY Thankful

FUCKING HACKERS

yadi.sk/d/z2kEgqemsMfBP here you go

Release it already.

Jesus

No word from Bethesda at this point? I'd expect Zenimax to throw a shit fit over this.

raw [email protected]/* */ webm are 265mb anyway, jewtube is fine here

lol @ autohandling " @ " ffs, it says "1080 @ 60fps"

I thought the whole reason they released their version of the game in its current state was because they didn't have the source.

oh boy. I can't wait to vivisect some shitty, rushed 90s DOS code. I'd bet there's some asm in there too.

This looks like it would've been a lot better than Oblivion. Shame it god killed because no budget.

Pretty neat. SS1 had a pretty impressive physics engine for a DOS game. Still, DOS game engines are always ALWAYS buggy as hell. Might be cool for making source-ports more easily.

Looks like Battlespire 2.

Just played it and I was pretty impressed at how good it looked for PSP. It felt very close to the original and even the assets were really high-quality. Shame they never made a real game out of it.

A non-'epic' story were a regular adventurer shuts down Oblivion Gates that the MC from the main game missed would have been just fine.

Finally, now some of those projects to redo System Shock can return even stronger than before.

Great, now hurry up already. The Enhanced Edition is nothing but a hackjob by one guy. It's pretty impressive for a one-man project by someone who had no access to the source, but with the source a proper source port will finally be possible. Now we also need the source code for the Ultima Underworld games as well.

System Shock Portable should have been just a patch from the start, or at least have instructions on how it was put together. I hate those "here are some binaries, don't ask any questions" packages. It just makes it harder to make improvements to it.

ea owns the ultima IP. not happening.

Yeah, I know. It was just wishful thinking. People have reverse-engineered the file formats, but all of these projects fail when it comes to the actual game logic.

DOES THIS MEAN FREE LINUX PORT?

I SURE CAN'T WAIT FOR ALL THE FURRY DATING SIM MODS!