God Eater 2 for PC

Is anyone else hyped for God Eater 2 and Resurrection's PC release? I am like 200% hype right now. The game was one of my favorites on the PSP when I was a kid and it holds a special place in my heart.

Spoilers for people who hate stupid emotional stuff. Also spoilers for Resurrection/the original game.

Basically Lindow reminded me a lot of my father (who died in a car crash when I was 10). When the character died and there was the whole arc about the team coping with it ect, it sort of helped me cope as well. I know its silly but yeah.

Anyway I'm just really excited. I've been waiting forever to play the sequel so being able to play through an enhanced original and the best version of 2 is just perfect for me.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WgQ7St3ro2U
transifex.com/god-eater-2-translation-project/god-eater-2-translation-project/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

God Eater is ok.
It's one of the better monhun clones, but it still doesn't hold a candle to any MH game.

That's the problem, isn't it?
There's all these monhun clones and they can be pretty good, but it always comes a point where you're like "i'd rather play MH than this".

So far no monhun clone has what makes MH special, be it inferior animations, less player feedback for your hits, worse pacing and balancing or whatever, there's always something that just doesn't feel right.

I actually like this more because of the story. Monster Hunter bores me to death because I have no motivation to progress beyond kill bigger things, get better loot. But GE has a decent story and interesting characters, so I'm more motivated to keep playing to find out what happens next.

The story, or rather, the premise is nice, but the characters are an absolute joke, walking two dimensional animu tropes.

Back to reddit with ya

Did the first one come to pc?

I'd play superior monhun if I didn't have to own a 3ds to do it. Fuck Nintendo.

Mp3rd
Tri
FU
All yours, friend

As long as you have enough

I'm just not up for supporting a company that pushes censorship so hard.

You do know that I was talking about emulation right

Oh I uh, I should clarify I watched the anime. Main story is shit but the flashback scenes made it worth it. Also yeah I'll agree the characters are pretty 2d but at least they exist and do things unlike the nameless Monhun NPCs that just shit around and ask you to solve all their problems.

I'm not sure how I was supposed to get that out of

Mp3rd
Tri
Fu
All yours, friend.

I don't really like it enough to go through all the trouble. It's just something I'd play if it was convenient.

Then go ahead, friend

Yes but that's not the focus of MH, MH is 100% focused on core mechanics and gameplay.
You play it alone to enjoy yourself, online with other people, or locally with friends.

It doesn't need interesting characters because -you- are the interesting character and the social experience of playing it with a regular group of hunters you get to know over time, builds up your own story as you play with them.

You don't need npcs telling you their backstory or a complex plot, it's just a backdrop for you and your friends to create your own experiences.

Like I underrstand the appeal of the game, it just ain't for me. If I wanted to tell my own story I'd play a game like Dwarf Fortress or Mount and Blade. And unless your regular friends like roleplay, your missions won't tell muh of a story.

I actually owned a wii for a little while. Monster Hunter online was the farthest thing from fun. No one knew what they were doing but me. Fuck multiplayer.

*much of

How to spot a shill. Next time don't use this word.
But ok, whatever, answer me, shill, will it have unlocked framerates and resolutions?
If it will, then maybe I will pirate it. But now way in hell I'm giving money for a censored product.

I'm sorry I didn't know shill was a hype word. Uh it has mouse support and 60 fps, here's a video of gameplay:

youtube.com/watch?v=WgQ7St3ro2U

Also what's this about it being censored? I'm gay so it probably won't affect me but I'm not a fan of that sort of stuff just in general principle.

*hype was a shill word

wow I fucked that up

It's not really about roleplaying, rather just enjoying hunting with other people.

You don't play with random people, you play with the same hunters until you all know each other.
Either your RL friends or any of the hunting groups you can find here on Holla Forums itself, there's a thread always up with hunts being posted all the time.

Playing with pubs in any co-op focused game is a miserable experience and you're foolish for doing it.

I'm just not motivated by that sort of stuff I guess. I need a story. Maybe that makes me a pleb gamer but regardless its what I'm into. I've played freedom unite though and I will admit I enjoyed it a lot.

I always meant to try the first, I just never got around to torrenting it. Goddamn the PSP was a good handheld, all thanks to the homebrew and piracy

Admitting being a faggot doesn't excuse being a faggot.
As for censorship - western version has gore and blood reduced/removed. So they might as well stealth-censor something that isn't immediately obvious.

More waiting on the translation for PSP, because it's probably going to look better in PPSSPP than the port.

Also use it on a PSP when out. Even better.

I thought it would be censoring the slutty clothes. But they took out the gore? I'm genuinely upset about that. I'll probably pirate it.

didn't it come out like five years ago?

I only got into videogames in my teens. I was around 14 when it came out.

But the newest monhun is censored to hell and on a Nintendo platform anyway. Not that that matters knowing how anti-freedom people are nowadays.

Still mowing through the first one on Psp emulator

FUCK CHI-YOU
FUCK THE GAY ASS LION THINGS

Play with Holla Forums.
I've played a good chunk of MHFU, MH3P, MH3U, MH4U, MHG with Holla Forums, with regular, efficient and active hunting groups.
It's not censored, there's a couple of stupid shit translated poorly by the translation team, absolutely nothing to write home about.

Stop making up excuses, i can pratically smell the weakness, laziness and indolence all over you.
Play video games.

I'm not going to support Nintendo.

used 3ds
pirate monhun

If I buy a used 3ds then I'm taking a 3ds some other sap may have purchased off the market. No thanks. "used" isn't a good excuse.

You can hack your 3DS and play as much as you'd like.

Alright now you're just baiting

I've never seen a person make up so much bullshit in order to avoid playing video games.

Actually this is as good a thread to ask, any tips with weapons in god eater burst? U use buster blade because I like charging it. But I feel like I;m missing something with the combat

Too much effort.

I'm really not. Buying used is only slightly better. You're just making it more likely that someone else will opt for buying the game new.

What did they "censor", the fucking quest descriptions? Who in the fuck cares?

I've been waiting for this game for so long, god I'm hyped. I haven't been this hyped in quite a while.

Please don't begin with this shit, it was the only part of his pait that was left unbitten

Honestly I don't know what I expected.

I personally like gods eater better. The bullet crafting is genius, the clothing options aren't tied to stats, and the combat is paced a great deal faster. Plus it just feels less larpy than monhunt.

Did we return to halfchan or something?

No, they came to us, but we shouldn't let it ruin a perfectly good topic.

I haven't played God Eater 1/2, and I can't tell if it's just the rabid PSVita shills, but from what is usually said by GE2 players is that it has a higher skill ceiling than MH.

I would have God Eater 2 for my Vita if it released with a physical edition, but instead I'm getting it for PC.

Oh excuse me, what's the new hip term for people who are fans of a game?

Fans of X?
Either way, your post was just a massive strawman.
"Everyone who dislikes X is Y" is one of the lowest forms of discussion.

transifex.com/god-eater-2-translation-project/god-eater-2-translation-project/

Forgot to add link before. Near enough done, so PPSSPP ready soon.

What's this for?

I feel that GE is much faster-paced while Monhun is more tactical/strategic.

Kota best girl

But people are literally talking about Monhun, this isn't "Everyone who dislikes X is Y" is >let's talk about X

Maybe because this is a MH clone?

My hype got torpedoed and I went from a
to a
when they announced that the Western release was going to be censored. Few things can kill my interest in a game quicker than a shit localization.

They apparently took out the gore only for the eating animations since the ESRB said that would get them a mature rating, but we have to be careful since they will probably lie. There was also something about smoking but that apparently got back in.

I'm hyped but I'd really like to know how my laptop will handle it and I wish it released earlier in the summer
Also, fuck preorders

Well that puts a damper on things. I'll buy it and see, and do a new thread stating the damage if no one else talks about it. If its really bad I can just refund and pirate it, so no big deal.

Steam lets you refund preorders now so its way less of an issue, I think.

Well a thread about a MH clone should be about the MH clone not MH, my point is more than calling people literally talking about MH, MH fans is hardly a strawman

Wait, is it? I haven't hear of this.

According to the video the change is so minimal is hard to see it and it restore content removed from the Burst version but if you care about the principle of things, yes, the blood was edited

something about removing blood and also NOT having dual audio like GE on PSP did

GE:B didn't have dual audio, it required an undub.

Well there goes my hype.

Well that's a weird one, they usually crank up the violence while de-lewding the game in western releases.

Especially for a japanese game

They want to get that sweet T rating for max profit. In this instance I can overlook the censorship because its not an attempt to pander to a demographic or appeal to a type of morality, its just a simple, reasonable cash grab.

Oh hey I remember playing the first, it was pretty fun. I actually never knew the second was coming to PC. Just a question, what do you mean by "enhanced original", does the original game come with the sequel ala the 2013 Flashback remake?

Basically its burst but with modern(ish) graphics, and more Aragami+storyline continuing after burst, pluuus a ton more weapons and outfits.

It's because nobody complains about the "cash grab" censorship that they thought they could get away with butchering games as badly as they did with Fire Emblem or Bravely Default. People gave them an inch, and now they take decent portions of the observable universe.

Loved the first game played a bit of the japanese normal version, and I've been waiting years for the english version. So i'm really anticipating it.

Personally I vastly prefer GE to any of the MH games. The MH games are far too slow and stiff for my tastes. Though to be fair I did try the series after putting at lot of time into GE:B.

I never even played a MH game, my only exposure to the series is that one part from Piss Walker

I didn't ask for this.

You didn't miss much.
Monhun is pretty much Souls meets Warframe. But it's worst parts of both with anything good omitted.

Warframe had anything good?

besides 15 gigs I'm digging this.

Yet Nintendo refuses to acknowledge it.

Setting, graphics, art style, optimisation and basic movement system.
It's great tech demo really, without actual game in it.

I played MH games on PSP, even tried the 3rd one despite not being localized, they were okay but I definetly prefer GE due to speed

Can I make a qt trap in this game?

yes

I'm enjoying Resurrection right now. I'm glad it was free when you preordered GE2. If you never wanted it, you could just cancel the preorder after you got the game. But I would actually like to get it after playing through most of Resurrection with a friend.

Wow that really wasnt to bad.

Wait so if i pre order ge2 on steam i can play resurection right away?

I fucking love MonHun clones, but oddly enough I never got into God Eater

What's the benefits or gimmicks of God Eater? I've gone through Freedom Wars, Tokiden Kiwami and Soul Sacrifice Delta

God Eater like any of those with the gimmicks?

God eater's thing is basically you have one weapon, which is a colony of killer amoebas with a gun, sword, and shield squished on it, plus it can devour enemies to gain their strength, allowing you to get better parts for your weapon.

I'd rather get it on the Vita just because I find it comfy to play on a handheld, and the previous games were on PSP, so it just feels like the natural platform to play it on. Unless it requires the latest firmware update/has no physical release - in which case, I'll get the PC version.

Same goes for Shantae 1/2 Genie Hero.

If nothing else, they're making PC to Vita remote play hacks now, so I'll just get them on PC and play them on my Vita anyhow.

I too am hyped for this game.

So how decent are the graphics now? Haven't played since Burst on PSP?

Is there a release date set or what?

30th August on Steam, both Rage and Resurrection are bundled and you can't buy them separately.

Oh so that's why it's so expensive. Sneaky devils. Thanks user

I wouldn't know about steam. But I did so on the PS4 and as soon as it was preordered, I got a download for GE:R.

I believe what makes this game so different from the others is the aerial gameplay, mobility, guns/bullet customization, and devour mechanic.

You choose 1 melee weapon out of 6 types (small sword, big sword, HUGE sword, hammer, lance/spear, and scythe), 1 shield of 3 types (small shields, medium shield, tower shield), and 1 gun out of 4 (sniper, machine gun, mortar, shotgun). Each of course having pros and cons. Yet you still have a great deal of mobility despite the weapon type you use. With these 3 choices, you can have a lot of customization with your playstyle. Like huge sword and small shields for people who love to parry. Small sword/scythe and mortar for people who love doing massive damage with guns often.

The devour mechanic gives you new abilities like a double jump, attack boosts, and other stuff you unlock later on. You can have 5+ devour attacks at the same time allowing your to devour in many situations. The more you eat, the longer your burst mode lasts. Transferring your energy to other people can amplify the burst level they have and then you unleash some devastating moves which makes multiplayer more fun.

Armor is just for fashion. So you don't need to wear a clown suit just to get great abilities. Instead you just craft and equip them.

Bump

How does the scythe, the lance, and the hammer play? I always used to use the huge sword a lot because I liked its playstyle.

No.

Yeah.

Probably not.

I enjoy the gameplay of all weapons in this game.

The scythe is a weapon that can be played both mobile and still, close and mid range. Your normal attacks are very close and fast. Weak attacks deal a quick multi hit combo and the strong attack gives more range but less DPS. However there's a stance change where you consume stamina, stay still, and do wide arcing swings continuously. This deals some nice damage and also makes it the best crowd controlling weapon. It also has a strong follow up attack where you slam the giant scythe down and quickly rip it toward yourself. This deal some mean damage and can easily break parts because it hits multiple times in such a short span. It's aerial game is almost on par with the small sword. It's a fantastic weapon for people who want to always be dealing damage and can play it safe with large swings. Horrible for low stamina users.

Lance is another weapon you can quickly enter combat and retreat with. You charge it up to do a quick thrust attack that throws you a pretty large distance. Can be used in air too to easily beak parts and escape safely. Your main thrust attack combo is quick and has good range. The weak attack wide swings are decent my you'll most likely just reposition yourself so you can do more thrusts. It has decent aerial combat but the downward strong attack helps you jump into the fray with no trouble. Great for players who want to constantly be on the move.

Hammer is pretty crazy. Your normal attacks constantly move you forward so you need to constantly reposition yourself. But when you change stances, you activate the rocket in your hammer and can't move like you normally do. Weak attack does a hammer rapid swing that drains stamina but deals insane damage if done on a still enemy. Strong attack sends you flying forward with the rocket hammer swing. You can zip around this way like some autistic fuck and still deal damage if you're really crazy. You can also end the rocket stance with a heavy super pound that deal big damage. The weapon is god awful in aerial combat though, just like the big ass swords/clubs. The ground combat makes up for it though.

anyone got a pc pirated download/torrent for resurrection?
kinda want to play again since i really liked ge:b

This theory about used games is correct, most of Holla Forums doesn't realize it yet.

It aint out yet.

To clarify, even if you buy the game after launch without preordering, you still get Resurrection.

I can't speak to whether or not preordering allows you to play EARLY, though.

Actually the censorship of the blood was just because of the nature of the product package.

It's against ESRB policy to allow two games with different rating to be bundled together, and without toning down the blood God Eater 1 would get an M rating. So in order to do the deal where you get both games in one package they had to tone it down so God Eater 1 would get a T rating, like God Eater 2.

The decision was more "We either tone down the blood so it's on the level of 2 or we don't package the games together."

I haven't played a game in this style before so I'm glad the only options for PC aren't emulation or koei's shit

The big advantage this will have over Monster hunter is that it's on an actual platform like PC and not the fucking 3DS. I enjoyed MH4U on there but fuck the 3DS.

Sony were idiots to lose Monster Hunter for the Vita. That would have easily saved the system. I really like the Vita but Sony trying to kill it off due to their own stupidity is annoying.

yet Vita still refuses to die and sells games, which shows how Nintendo is shit nowadays as 3DS sold the same amount of game copies overall as Vita

My fuckin' sides man.

Does every new weapon get a stance change?

Every Melee weapon besides Lance, Small Swords, and Giant Swords. Lance gives you a back flip which can be cancelled into aerial attacks or easily get behind smaller monsters. Small sword gives you a fancy upward slash that combos into aerial combos. It's also the best aerial weapon in the game so you'll constantly be attacking with this weapon. Giant Swords give you a parry followed by a quick upward swing.

Is the story mode co-op for this too?

I don't think I've ever been this strongly repelled from preordering something before. Good job, Steam.

wasn't this made for the vita/ps4? and i'm pretty sure it has crossplay between those two
Really couldn't have high requirements

On a related note, is anyone hyped for Godzilla Resurgence? People who have had some of the movie spoiled for them will know why.

This is going to be great.

I don't understand.

Major spoilers below for Godzilla Resurgence do not click if you don't want the movie ruined for you.

[spoiler] In the new movie Godzilla is not a big ol lizard but a colony of single cells that devours everything and evolves differently depending on what it has consumed. Sound familiar? Obviously there will never be an official link between the two franchises but setting-wise, the new Godzilla could easily be an Aragami. I watched the movie twice and it was fun for me to see it the second time with the mindset that Godzilla was one of the first proto-Aragami to appear and herald the end. [/spoiler)

fuck I accidentally the spoiler. Mods delete the post pls if you can.

Why even include costumes from a 2 year old game that flopped because Baba was being a waifufag autist with no brain?

It'd make more sense if they added Berseria costumes because this way they'd advertise their new title but it's their loss, not mine. Mikleo costume would be okay though but I bet they will just add Sorey/Rose shit

I mean come on, it's 2016!

You are in luck, is actually Sorey/Mikleo costumes because nobody even pretend they aren't the official couple

they are bros, i fully expected some gay shit playing Zestiria but i actually liked how Sorey and Mikleo interacted. Sadly Weeaboos know nothing of brotherly love or friendship, such things are non existent in their minds, so if two man's are best friends= gay couple in their degenerated mind. This quite sad actually.

Mikleo is clearly gagging for it. He's like maximum homo.