Is Final Fantasy XV cancer?

I know it's press X to win and a sausage fest, but from what I have seen of the game play it reminds me of Xenoblade Chronicles…which I enjoyed playing.

I have it pre-ordered for $40 because I could at the time, but I am now considering cancelling it altogether.

I wanted a few opinions before I did since I am on the fence. Is it worth it for $40? I am wrong about the XC comparison? Also opinions about WoFF would be appreciated.

Thanks Holla Forums

No Lightning, no buy.

first off, cancel your pre-order. you're a faggot for enabling and encouraging that practice

secondly, i actually think xv could break the cycle of shit started with xiii, but you bet your ass that squeenix knows this is make or break material. i have a feeling that good or bad, it's going to be gone over with a fine toothed comb over and over to be as polished as it possibly can be. lightning has killed the franchise and i have a real hunch that they know this, and this is going to be their hail mary

it's the same reason that i have a feeling the new wow expansion at the very least won't be concentrated diarrhea, because it's important from a business perspective: if they fuck this up it's pretty much all over

Just buy the game and play it you fucking retard, it's not like you're playing anything else on that PS4.

It will be better than XIII which isn't hard to do. Most likely will be GOTY materiel which again isn't hard to do but actually deserves it unlike most shit that came out this year. If it's as big as Skyrim with better combat then it's worth $40. Also cancel your pre-order, it's the smart thing to do.

Iris a cute

I also preorder the season pass, stay poor user.

Why? Its not like you're not going to be able to get a copy if you really want to.

I guess they're similar only because they're games otherwise I don't see the semblance.

Most likely, its been in development hell for over a decade. Its only an FF game in name, and it looks like its going to be garbage. But since you're a shill (1) you can kindly go fuck yourself silly

You are part of the cancer that's killing gaming.

square enix is the cancer and it infected the FF serie, after ten it went down, at 13 the cancer was wide spreaded.

only retards and casuals believe in 15 but actually, casuals are cancer too.

keep the pre-order
get a refund upon release
free $20

FF12 was good. Loved the combat system and thought it was a refreshing change to the series.

Crisis Core is kinda shit. It plays out like bad fanfiction. The only good thing about it is that it isn't Dirge of Cerberus

I have never played a single Final Fantasy, and god I'm proud to say that. Worst series. Dragon Warrior was a much better series of JRPGs.

kill yourself

Sometimes I wonder what it's like being proud of being retarded. Not really.

Ever notice how Dragon WarriorQuest fans don't really argue about which game is the best? Yeah, that's because they're all the same. There are minor variations in how the narrative is given (4 and 5 come to mind), but for the most part if you've played one of them, you've played all of them. Final Fantasy fans will fight for weeks over which game is the best because every game has lots of differences in gameplay, and what one person likes, another will absolutely hate.

In other words, if you're swearing off the series entirely without having played literally any of the games, you're a fucking retard.

I didn't pre-order it to secure it. I pre-ordered it because I got it cheap

asked for an opinion because I don't have a lot of free time lately so I haven't seen much of the game….hell I just finally made it back here and after this post I'm gone again….life

Actually I have a few PS4 games I have yet to play sitting on a shelf that I picked up for cheap (Akiba's Trip, 2 imports and 2 Dark Souls games). I don't mind if the system collects dust then it matches the 85 other consoles in my house

got it, thanks

I enjoyed 12, but never finished it

love you too user, never gave them a dime yet, buy most of my games on the cheap (like $5-$20…or I pirate)

I'm going to cancel it anyway. I have such a backlog of games by the time I get to it it will be in the bargain bin. I don't really pre-order games anyway unless I can secure a good price. I had Uncharted for the PS4 pre-ordered for $30 since it was announced and cancelled it a week before release (only like 1&2, new ND games are just garbage).

So thanks for the opinions Holla Forums. I was leaning towards cancellation anyway…I wanted to see if there were any positives about it. Guess not.

You feel like a series that has been shitting itself to death is worth a hold over a wait and see?

i have a feeling that good or bad, it's going to be gone over with a fine toothed comb over and over to be as polished as it possibly can be
Not even Final Fantasy is safe from their idiotic development habits.

You know damn well it ain't gonna be, the driving looked automatic in a video I just watched so at best it will be a few sizable areas spread around and since they had the team that fucked up Just Cause 3 for help, it's gonna be broken.

10 was the harbinger of doom; the first real signs of rot.

FF12 was barely half a game with a mostly lame party, godawful summons, and needed items treated like it's a fucking MMO, not to mention that stupid shit with the chests.

Nah, we're just lucky to not have to suffer large amounts of children and the worst of fandoms from not being too popular.

That's the thing that's killing the series though. They spend so much time thinking up some new way to do gameplay and making a new engine based around it that they don't have much to flesh out the story with years beyond a normal dev cycle blowing their budget not to mention they keep ending up changing directors in the middle of development.

Cheap's still too much, you could've bought a buttload of cheap snacks or invest in a series that doesn't have its next game being a huge maybe.

FFvs.DQ fighter when?

A better question is why don't they roll Chrono Trigger into Dragon Quest Heroes?

I wasn't implying it was bad. I've finished the game several times (mostly doing hard/class runs) and its a very good FF though flawed as well.

Because the two sides don't like to work together.
Your best chance is after all characters have been released and someone slips the idea into the Japanese audience heads.

lol