Logitech G302

My G400 broke and this is fairly cheap. Anyone used it?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Gaming-Treiber-Breathing-Schalter-ADNS-5050-Schwarz/dp/B00IF7PJTM
tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/asus_rog_swift_pg348q.htm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Mine is a G300s, 5 extra buttons come in handy.

G400S king of all mice

It's discontinued isn't it?

Everything else I'm experienced with is discontinued at this point, so I'm just gonna recommend the G502. Best mouse on the market last I checked. I have the old blue model, though the ones currently in production have a configurable LED iirc.

daily remidner that the g502 is for fucking retarded faggots who have small hands

Hit the gym, fatty

Are these threads memes, or do G400's break all the time?

Seems like a really shitty product if im being honest.

Corsair Sabre or Katar. Both are simple, durable, good sensors, and cheap.

I've had one for about a year now, and it's been pretty good. I haven't had any issues with mine.

It's the cable. It fails easily.

I have a logitech G502 little pricy but its great

That mouse has maybe on of the worst grips I've ever used. Get a Deathadder or save up for a Zowie, if you need ambi.

It looks worse than it actually is, honestly. I used one for three or four years.

i prefer pic related

the G400 is a piece of shit, I've had like 3 and all their cables disconnected

302 is okay, feels a little better when you get used to it, hasn't given me any issues for over a year and you can fiddle with the settings if the DPI/light bothers you

I know it's supposed to trigger me, but I find it cool as shit, like one of those chinese transformers rip offs from late 90s-mid 00s.

Should I buy this?

I hear the only good successor to the 518 and 400s is the Zowie mice. Is this true? Assume I want the same shape of mouse and have a big hand.

Yes.

I have been using this cunt for at LEAST 5 years and it still works like the day I got it. g300.

I never hear anyone else say a goddamn thing about it but I fucking love this mouse.

First post
Also, I used to have one and loved it. The grip narrows a bit too much for my leve of usage and was causing some hand stress. If they made a bigger version, I'd buy it again.

One of the best claw grip mice on the market today. I bought one and have yet to regret doing so.

I especially like how low the mouse buttons are and how small the mouse is in general compared to other le_gaymer mice which feel like you're gripping a melon or something in terms of how gigantic they are.

I had one but the lift off distance was annoying as fuck. So I got rid of it

OP here. I bought the G303 which is apparently better.

I had that one too, but mine broke after a year. Bought it again and that one broke too.

There was nothing wrong with that mouse, my cat just loved biting that cable He doesn't do it with others for some reason.

Anyway, it was just perfect. It felt nice, it had enough extra buttons for me to use. No other mouse for that price came close to it, not even those that were like 10-20€ more expensive.

Anyway, I now own the g502, which is also a nice mouse but it just isn't the same.

fag

Got one of these off AliExpress half as a joke and half just to see what it was like.

Costed me $8 and it's the best mouse I've ever used.
Feels cheap as all hell, though. Wasn't even put together properly.

Even a 5 quid mouse off ali would last longer.

The G303 uses the 502's sensor which is the best on the market. The G302 uses a shittier sensor. Ignorant fuck.

G303 was 60 bucks.

As a claw grip user, that shit strikes fear into my heart.

I had a razer that broke a little after the warranty expired. The left mouse button is clicking multiple times each time I press it. Lame

I've got a spare one also. Comparing it to my old MX518 you can feel how much shittier the cable is. It's clear why that's the major point of failure.

You could scroll pretty fast using that.

my old mouse is breaking down (randomly stops working for a few minutes, rubber layer on top has nearly entirely pealed off)
i got a cheap chink replacement from the local store, but it's just as bad (doesn't always detect mouse clicks, only 1200 dpi)
so any advice on what i should get? i'd rather have my budget around 20-30$
here's the one that broke down, it worked fine for about a year and a half
amazon.com/Gaming-Treiber-Breathing-Schalter-ADNS-5050-Schwarz/dp/B00IF7PJTM

the only reason people wanted it back in the day was because you actually needed extra buttons/a third arm in order to play WoW properly
of course those days have passed

You can get a mouse for around $60, like most of the ones posted in this thread, and use it for several years. Or you can get a cheap mouse and replace it every year or so- that's stuff like Anker or . Finally, you can get a mouse like OP posted, which isn't bad but doesn't have much of the extra functions people like these days.

so, mouse thread?
I'm using a razer deathadder ATM and it's going way strong even after, what, at least 3 years?
I know what you're going to say;
but this specific model was reasonably priced and isn't filled with gimmicky garbage, I had chosen it over logitech's g400s, IIRC they were around the same price.

I got the g303 daedalus apex or whatever, and I also went from the g400.

I like it, but it's definitely meant for a claw grip. If you play with a palm grip get something designed for that.

You're fucking retarded if you spend more than $30 on a mouse.

I want to hear your justification for recommending these. Just curious.

Then why are all modern mice below 30$ shit?
Comfort Mouse 6000 isn't available in black anywhere. Kill me.

Why would you upgrade if you already have a G400?

will a logitech g300 do good? it's around 43$ where i am

The market has indicated that it will pay premium prices for simple functionality. Jews gonna Jew. That's why once in a while you hear about great no name chink mice. At this point you're paying Logitech and Razer to fund planned obsolescence R&D. Mice are not rocket science.

The g400 was my first dedicated gaming mouse, and I bought it before I was aware that different mice were optimized for different grips. I realized I tended to adopt a claw/fingertip grip and switched to the g303

Point me in the direction of these chink mice. I have no idea how to look for a proper mouse. There is so much bullshit and anecdotal evidence being spouted by retard GAMERS who are most likely susceptible as fuck to placebo effects, or gracing the internet with their post-purchase rationalizations.

also OP i think it's worth mentioning that the g303 daedalus apex (my mouse) differs from the g302 daedalus prime in the following ways:

-$10 more expensive
-More advanced sensor which is capable of higher DPI.
-beefed up braided cable
-compatable with downloadable software which allows you to customize your own dpi settings and RGB colors. (the g302 is like the g400 in that it has 4 preset dpi settings)

People say it's more durable than the 302, but I can't substantiate that.

I've been using this Corsair M65 for the last few months that has served me well.

I may go for a zowie should this one break down.

Back in the day we had people doing reviews of mice with autistic levels of analysis on the sensor performance. I can't seem to find anything like that anymore, instead it's like "felt good in my hand, buttons clicked, got a free review sample, 10/10". Anyone know of a site that reviews sensor performance, tests for angle snapping, clipping, etc.?

fucken this

Shopping for a mouse isn't too complicated. Decide your budget, and stick to it. Ignore the 12000 DPI meme. Avoid wireless unless convenience is more important than latency. Consider optical sensors, laser isn't meaningfully better and laser has trouble on some surfaces. Avoid the gaymur plague of LEDs and programmable bullshit nobody needs as much as possible unless you're shopping for a MMO mouse, then programmable buttons are kinda the point. Research the sensor and make sure it doesn't have angle snapping if possible. Then just find the one that looks most comfortable and aesthetically pleasing.

I know all of this. I just have no clue how to reliably find shit about which mouse uses which sensor, and how good the sensor is.
At the moment I think I'm just gonna go with a Comfort Mouse 6000… in white, since the black ones are impossible to get a hold of.

I have the Corded razor lachesis from 5 fucking years ago and its still perfect. Ambidextrous Claw grip

For you guys that didn't grow up during the golden age of PC, we used to have analysis like this of all new hardware before the console apocalypse flooded the market with pleb taste normalfags and our steakhouses closed and were replaced by McDonalds:
tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/asus_rog_swift_pg348q.htm
Mice were tested to similar levels.

Why the fuck do modern mice have a DPI button on top? Do people really want to just "on the fly"?
I don't want to accidentally press that, i want it to be in the settings or in like a button in a compartment or some shit so i dont fuck up my mouse trying to use the wheel.

Yeah I have kinda been wondering about my mouse, I have a deathadder 2013 and I've never had any issue aiming with it get really good accuracy in all my games but I don't know what the sensor's native dpi is(I assume 1800 because that was the default setting) and I also don't know if it has any issues for angle snapping or clipping, so far I haven't noticed any actual problems with it asside from the fact that the middle mouse button dosen't work(and hasn't for about 1 to 2 years but I don't need it anyway) but I've just been wondering if my performance in fps games would go up if I got a different mouse.

Unfortunately I don't know any sites that test for any of the things I want to know about it.

there isn't a point in having a dpi button anyway, lower dpi than what you need for the resolution you are playing at will cause interpolation and make your mouse less accurate as will playing on anything other than your mouses native.

What people should do instead of that is go into the console or the game's config file and write a few commands so that they can use a script that changes in game sensitivity via a toggle or by holding down a button.

They can bind it to a mouse button too if they want, m4 or m2 or whatever.

I think that's kind of the pitfall of the gaming mouse meme: They can be better mice than the bogstandard ones, but they're not gonna turn you into a 1337 gamur.

Well I kind of already am a 1337 I get 40-60 percent accuracy with the rail in quake3/live and I am frequently at the top of the scoreboard in fistfull of frags and many other games.

I get my ass kicked in duels but I know that's got very little to do with my aiming skills, I just fuck everything else up.

Yeah, I phrased that the wrong way. I just don't see how a good mouse would be a huge leap for anyone, especially if the mouse you currently own is already better than bogstandard mice.

I kind of semi-claw grip with the tiniest bit of palm contact and it works okay. The side thumb buttons aren't as easy to press as you'd think.

I like the G400 I've had for a few years now.
The only problem with it for me is my little finger doesn't have a natural place to be. I often find myself tensing up excessively from trying to hold it on the side of the mouse and off the mousepad during intense games.