Retro Gaming

Why are Retro gamers such faggots

Cool, you have a collection, cool you like to play old games ONLY, cool you like original hardware. BUT WHY are 95% of these fuckers total assholes?

Dragon Quest IV was fun.

Because you make shit quality bait threads.

But they're not.

Cool Story Bro

Because playing older games on older hardware allows us to go back in time and play games that aren't shit.

For instance, Breath of Fire III is arguably one of the best RPG titles released on the PS1. It is significantly better than anything released in recent times, primarily because all JRPGs have become ugguu kawaii garbage.
Any western RPG, like fucking Mass Effect, is utter garbage as western developers have more of a social agenda in mind than game development.

Fuck, modern day gaming is an insult. No one can defend the practices, no one.
In fucking fact, battlefield 1 looks like so much ass by enforcing the SJW-think, it wouldn't surprise me if this is the year Call of Duty takes the stage for not being complete and utter shit.

103 posts and 241 image replies omitted.

Is there a story as to why you think Retro gamers are such faggots? If there is, why not tell us?

I guess I am spazing, but I am referring to the 750 nes collectors/youtubers. I mean, I still love playing old games, if on original hardware, awesome. I know like 6 dudes who collect old games play them, catalog them and they are all awesome. But everyone THEY know seem to be total fucking assholes. One guy even tried to break into my friends house to steal his Little Samson.

lmao

i think he was raped by one.

It's mildly depressing. Even the IRC is dead.

inferiority complexes over their lack of a proper social life.

disgraceful, absolute shit thread, I hope your save files gets corrupted nigger.

Epik thread, freind :)
I added ypu, lets hang out:)))

Still, being able to play on the couch was nice.

No brakes, time to die.

Wow, didn't realize there were so many butthurt retro faggots on 8ch. There is a reason /vr/ is fucking dead. If you are paying more then 20-40$ for a game ever, you are fucking loser and no one lives you.

get good controllers then. Or use a gamecube adapter.

(checked)
no one lives anyone else as far as I know.

Do you have to spend money to be a "retro gamer"?

I can smell the salt from here faggot.

Be absolutely quiet, faggot, and you may be able to hear the sound of your own asshole writhing in pain.

I started with Atari 2600 and I can't enjoy old console games anymore.

Jesus christ.

NES has the broadest appeals and picks up the shittier people, as with most Nintendo systems. On top of that you see a lot more scalpers because everyone knows the nes. If you add on the fact that someone is dedicated enough to buy and store 700+ nes games obviously at some point you're reaching someone who's obsessive. You're looking in the wrong places, for the wrong people.

Because they won't face the fact that they'll become rotting corpses.

Everyone who exclusive plays, watches or listens to the 'classics' is an asshole.

Things weren't "better" in the past, you're just singling out the best pieces from decades worth of material and acting like everything from that period is equivalent.

It's especially true about videogames, which are always going to be limited by hardware, unlike every other medium which was only limited by imagination and budget. You could argue that these limitations force developers to be more creative, but that's like arguing the Last Supper would've been a better painting if Da'Vinci only had crayons to 'paint' with.

Why are modern gamers such faggots?

Well that's most collectors in a nutshell.

DLC scams did not exist before Oblivion and Oblivion is shit, so I contest that while hardware has gotten better (it's still in a slump) game development has been overrun by shit.

Or maybe you're a fag who made a shit thread.

I've been gaming since before there were home consoles (god the Odyssey was shit) and the last place you would see my ass is on Youtube.
I keep my collection of old stuff private to prevent theft, but I usually lend out consoles or games to people I trust or they can just hang out and play at my place.

Same reason guys who like vintage cars are faggots. Just think about it for a sec, OP.

At the same time, the technology of painting has not changed very much from Da Vinci to modern day, and no one is really putting out anything to challenge the position of his Last Supper as a classic. Things weren't necessarily better in the past, but there are certainly shining examples of the medium that were created in those times.

Instead you had games that had the difficulty cranked to 11 to hide the fact that they were otherwise 30 minutes long, or alternatively to eat your quarters if it was an arcade game.

Also games that were completely unplayable garbage, way worse than what you could get away with now, because there was little to no media coverage, quality assurance or play testing, and your only assurance that the game was good was word of mouth, and the goddamn boxart that was trying to push the game on you. Games exist that are literally can't be completable, and they all existed during the 'classic' game era.

Or how about the mountains of systems and peripherals that were straight up garbage. Shit that would make the OUYA look like a prime peice of hardware. All of which had no value until they became collectibles and only existed to trick ignorant parents into buying you 'that new game systems they're advertising in the store!'

Yeah, totally no scams existed before DLC was a thing. No sirree.

So why is Nintendo, Sony, EA and Microsoft such shitty companies?

That's subjective as fuck, and also proves my point that people glorify classic eras of art and media by pointing to the best of the best and saying "see, this is what it used to be all like!"

great thread OP

Butthurt is a bitch.

Of course you would say that, the industry loves to sell to idiots like you now.

Where do you expect to find objectivity in a discussion of the merits of certain works of art? I'm sure some retards think they can equate an entire era with a classic produced in that era, but it's not correct to assume that everyone who appreciates those classics are retards of that variety.

OP, because back then people cared about craftsmanship and aesthetics. I have every right to be an asshole about all the crap around us being shit out these days. Even the Walkman in your backpack and your mom's vaccuum was a work of fucking art back in the day.

I don't hate retro gamers but I do hate hipster teenagers who act like they are retro gamers. You know what I'm talking about, the same type of people who treat the NES as this holy ancient grail of gaming, plays solely Nintendo games, most likely autistic and was likely bullied a lot, and doesn't even own that many consoles relying on old shitty emulators instead.

I didn't say that you turbo faggot.

I said they cranked the difficulty to hide the fact their games were short as fuck.

Learn to read you meme spewing dick diddler.

I'm looking to find objectivity in the merits of art, I'm pointing out there's a fallacy in taking the best of the best from a broad era of a mediums existence that's usually considered classic, and using them as proof that the era in question was overall superior to what's more recent.

People will take cherry picked selections picked from decades of releases, and everything to come out in the last few years, and think it's a fair comparison. It's retarded as fuck and it's what every person who exclusive enjoys the 'classics' does, everytime.

Yeah that black brick with a slot in the top sure is a masterpiece.

You're a fucking jew and I hope someone runs into you and shuts your dirty jew mouth and leaves on a pool of your own blood.

I like to collect Japanese games, so I don't have to worry about asshole collectorfags, youtubers, and overpriced resellers. You wouldn't even believe how cheap retro Japanese games are. I also own the Famicom, PSX, and DS versions of Dragon Quest IV. It really is a fun game!

I also still post on 4chan /vr/ simply because Holla Forums /vr/ is dead

Literally a hissy fit, befitting of a childish hipster.

Fucking kike

Child.

Walking Corpse

Except they were
and actually talked about games instead of constantly shitting on them

I regret this thread.
Lets talk about some recent older games you have enjoy? I am going to take a crack at 5 & 6 Dragon Quest for snes.

Half this shit doesn't even have to do with the games themselves and is just about the community that talks about them.

Also you're arguing old games were better because publishers charged more for the good games than average? That's hilarious.

Never argue with a kike shill. You won't go anywhere. He just wants people to spend 60$ on modern shallow games that are nothing but quick time events and stupid progressive jewish propaganda.

What community are talking about? I mean judging a whole community based on a few faggots on a random space of the internet. I take retro faggots over modern artsy faggots as they at least like good games and non shit taste.

You know retrogamers don't even announce that they are retrogamers

Also, OP this thread is trashed.

You said "things" were not better. When you say "things" you mean not only the games but the industry in general.

Now that GBA is retro now. Everyone go play all the Bit Generations games.

They are pretty fun, the SoundVoyager requires headphones to play.

Take out the retro. Gamers are fucking faggots. Hobbyists in general are fucking pricks. I generally hate people that like what I like.

Jews love to ruin everything with post-modern garbage.

i thought ippo was about boxing…

There's nothing worse than a kid feigning nostalgia for a time he wasn't even born yet.

It's the most pathetic form of elitism, and these people naturally evolve into SJWs when the game is up and they need further reassurance for their weak ego. Cuckchan's Holla Forums was lost to these wannabes after all.

It's SoL with men instead of 2d sluts.

thing is arcade games were balanced around difficulty and reward, too hard and the arcade goers wouldn't spend much money on a cabinet

too easy and people wouldn't play it as often as no challenge was involved

arcade games had to strive for that perfect balance, with home consoles you didn't have to worry about that, the cost was one time, and while systems like the Megadrive/Genesis tried to keep the arcade feeling, the market gradually drifted away from that "arcade" feeling

i learned a lot today

Butthurt is a bitch

Ippo is all about being the best boxer and learning what it takes to be the best boxer

i shoulda got into boxing when i was younger

i boxed for a few years when i was a teenager. trust me, there are no boxing bitches that you would want

Women in male environments and activities are fucking poison.

i never said anything about doing it for girls

Already we have the retarded "some old games were bad so there is literally no difference between then and today" bullshit. The difference then is that a lot of the bigger name titles were actually good as well. You didn't have to dig deep to find the occasional gem or two the way you do now. Believe it or not, there really are differences in quality between time periods. How anyone can argue otherwise is beyond me. Things do change and it is entirely possible it could be for the worst.

I only know one example of a woman in men's athletics, and she's a former powerlifter who works at my gym. Bitch is built like a brick shithouse and might be moonlighting as the Crimson Chin. I think she was probably born with a hormonal imbalance teetering towards male, because you don't get to look like that just from lifting or steroids.

Delusion 101.
Video Games have been shit since day 101 where you had to dig for mount of crap to get to gold. But things are better now due to the internet.

The people that say that are delusional idiots that think that nothing can possibly change for the worse and that history is linear and just gets better. They don't call themselves progressives for nothing.

These same people think that the quality of something is determined by how technologically advanced it is.

Right, none of the old mario, sonic, zelda, or other big name titles were good. You are fucking retarded and the worst type of contrarian. A ton of the surface level shit back in the day was great, but I have my doubts that you've actually played any of it.

It's pretty fucked up for women to be involved in anything like that.

Not good for men either in a lot of activities. The mere presence of a woman tends to completely fuck up male bonding.

It's not like they can even aim for the top. They can never be better men than men.

The internet caused all this. Crawl up your own ass and fucking suffocate on the shit you spew.

You named three titles that are still relevant today. What about 740 other nintendo games or 650 snes games not mentioned? fuck off kid.

No, greedy companies and stupid consumers cause that. Get off your fucking high horse.

Also, we were talking about your retarded assertion that just like today, none of the big name games back then were any good. I namedropped a few quality big name series to prove what an idiot you are, but apparently I have to be able to name every game that came out back then.

Regardless, even if consumers were holding a gun to the devs head, the end result would be the same. This shit would still be in the game and it would still be a problem. You don't get a pass because of the dubious assertion that you have to do any of this shit (which you don't).

Nah, you are a literal reddit tear ==FAGGOT==

When I was a kid, if I went to the video store to rent a game, I had no idea what I was in for renting a title, same with a purchase. Now, I have the internet for research. Seeing that you keep insulting me.

GO BACK TO SCHOOL U FUCKING MORON

Woops, failed red text.
Again, fuck off.

And now I see you've completely given up trying to make a point relevant to what we were talking about. Great, it's easier to research games, but that doesn't have anything to with the fact that a lot of the bigger name titles back then were quality compared to what we get today.
This is probably the funniest and most ironic thing I've ever seen.
This is how you redtext, now go back to reddit and pretend that there are no differences in time periods there

I consider myself a retro gamer that enjoys Nintenhard gaymin, but I also unironically enjoy modern walking simulators as well. The worst I could say for modern gaming is that the graphics often lose the clarity and iconic feeling older graphics with less detail had.

I don't understand what you're talking about when you say retro gamers are assholes. What are they being mean about?

honestly the only shit type of collector is the faggots who hold onto rare games or prototypes and don't let the community document the games because "it'll spoil it's value"